Earthen Ring in Deepholm

Story Forum
I was doing the daily quest, "The Protectors of Hyjal", and Earthmender Norsala was in my group. Upon finishing the requirements I flew off and she stated, "Always know that you have allies in Deepholm, if you be needin' us."

Wasn't part of the agreement between the Earthen Ring and Stonemother Therazane that after restoring the World Pillar they would leave Deepholm forever? Why are the Earthen Ring still there?

I understand the need to keep certain NPCs and vendors for PVE and quest reasons, but it seems like this reference supersedes that and infers they never left and never will.
The Great Fat Stonemother in secret loves all fleshlings.

But seriously, they are from Deepholm so I suspect they're trying to keep things steady and make sure nobody screws stuff up.
The Great Fat Stonemother in secret loves all fleshlings.

But seriously, they are from Deepholm so I suspect they're trying to keep things steady and make sure nobody screws stuff up.

Not to be analytical, but Therazane hates flesh beings since they killed her daughter with no provocation. Also, the Earthen Ring are not FROM Deepholm. I am more curious why the Earthen Ring went against their oath to Therazane at the risk of starting a war with her.
07/28/2011 12:56 PMPosted by Välus
Not to be analytical, but Therazane hates flesh beings since they killed her daughter with no provocation.

to be fair, she loves the player for helping her, and she loves thrall... She's just arrogant in prideful but I'm pretty sure she's not that enraged over fleshlings.. Not like Rag
I get the feeling those cameos in Hyjal aren't really concerned with lore. After all, we have Thassarian showing up there, when the last we knew of him, he was headed into a virtual suicide mission to rescue Koltira from Sylvanas, and we have some characters who have never shown any particular battle prowess before on the level that would allow them to fight massive fire elementals from another plane of existence.

So it's probably an oversight. I suppose, though, you could argue that Norsala is like, one of two or three shaman who stay in Deepholm after Therazane orders them to leave, since she still helps you kill Glop as a daily quest.
07/28/2011 04:47 PMPosted by Jaelara
I get the feeling those cameos in Hyjal aren't really concerned with lore

Dumass and Johnny Awesome showing up should pretty much confirm this.