A Brief History of Alterac Valley

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
08/18/2011 08:57 AMPosted by Bigthing
Maybe try to move this to general discussion because there is rarely a blue post here and blue's post on anything over there but I support this 100%

Done!

you can follow the link http

They deleted the whole thread!!

It is very depressing to see that in the face of such community support, they will not only ignore topics, but will delete them altogether to censor viewing.....
Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

I've played a 7 hour AV back in the day, and while I wouldn't want every AV to go that long, I do think the current base race is a total embarrassment. Bring back the glory, bring back Old School Alterac Valley.
I loved AV back in vanilla, now is a mess, with no objective, no fun, no real pvp action and its duration its unforgivable

i support this post! DO SOMETHING BLIZZ

To have a truly old-school Alterac Valley would be amazing.

I started right at the beginning of Burning Crusade, so many of the changes listed here had already been enacted, but even still, the AV I played when I started the game was a much different creature than it is today.

It's still one of the first things I show non-WoW playing friends when they ask why I like the game...riding out across a snowy field with 39 other players to meet 40 other people in an all out war. Choke points, areas of control...so many good memories of last stands, huge comebacks, horrible defeats, finally summoning Lok and changing the course of the battle at the last moment.

It really is sad that in most AVs now the only time you see an enemy player is just long enough to get off a wave emote on the field of strife.

Long story short, I fully support this suggestion. There are plenty of other battlegrounds that already give a shorter experience.

Even leave the current AV in as the zergfest it is and just offer the first ever Heroic Battleground with the old AV in its own queue : )
I read the whole post. Very well written ... 100% agree with all points. Kudos to you for all your hard work in putting up this thread. I hope it gets the attention from Blizzard that it deserves.
100% supported. I would love to see old AV brought back.
I too would like to see the return of the original Alterac Valley.
08/18/2011 05:10 PMPosted by Gricend
If they brought back old AV and deleted the rest of WoW I don't think I would even be sad.

Lol.
Title suggestion - <Insert name>, Veteran of the Stormpike / Frostwolf
08/14/2011 07:38 PMPosted by Foury
On a side note: Hezza, that AB was fun. We need to do that again sometime when I haven't just switched my keybindings.

Hehe ok. :)

Was shocked when I saw you at blacksmith in AB. Glad you noticed my emotes.

I've been away from the forums a bit of late due to RL concerns and haven't been able to contribute, but a blue has started an open-ended "Let's talk PvP" thread in the BG forums. It's nice to see so many requests for fixes to AV. Keep pushin'
08/03/2011 01:56 AMPosted by Foury
Remove it from the random battleground finder and anyone who dislikes it doesn't need to do it.

This one comment ends all the frustrations of the people who do not want the original AV back. If you do not want to play it, then don't. It's that simple.

All the reason for twisting AV into it's current, boring, drab, anti-PvP abomination are gone. Now it all boils down to Blizzard listening to its community.

In it's current state there is nothing worse, to me, then stepping into AV. The battleground signifies everything that is the opposite of PvP. Out of the past 62 battles I have done in there, 55 of them ended with the person having the highest honorable kills being 5. FIVE! Not 55, or 100, or even 10! FIVE! There is no purpose to even fight each other when we can all just race and whoever caps the other teams bunkers/towers first, wins.

Please, please, please remove this terrible battleground now and just implement the original one. I, for one, would continue to keep my account running just so that I can log in and play it once in a while.
Thank you to the OP
I've been playing wow a long time. I too experienced the early glory that was AV. It was the most fun I've ever had playing any video game ever. Bring it back please.
NPC's attacking at every corner... matches lasting days upon days... summoning ele-freaking-mentals... yes, yes, YES!!!! God yes!!! Original AV all the way!

Back when AV first was introduced, I remember my guild and I running to the glorious entrance of AV. There we queued and waited... and waited... and waited some more. The anticipation driving us beyond excited for what glories were instore for us. After over an hour of being in queue finally we entered. Not truly understanding what we were getting ourselves into and then, there it was... Alterac Valley.

The gates opened and all players rushed to explore this strange new land. We headed south (I was Alliance back then) passing our bunker and graveyard. Rode past our forward fortress into the Field of Strife. It was there we encountered the Horde. Without a seconds thought, both sides rushed at eachother. Emotes filled the chat window and the first drops of virtual blood met the frosty ground...

While busy killing one another a giant emerged and joined the fray, Korrak the Bloodrager. For a moment it seemed that both sides would join to kill this common enemy, but instead each side would join the creature as it ripped appart our comrades. As one side would begin to fall back, reinforcements would arrive. Our formally fallen comrades would rejoin the fray and push the opposition back.

This would go on for hours, a day... days even!
/sigh
I want this back :)
Totally agreed with what has been said. The current state of AV is old and unexciting... classic av will be a great update for pvp'ers and pve'ers alike (which should be important to the blizzard team right?), and will last much longer than Isle of Conquest did before people got tired of it on the PTR.

Im hoping to god that someone with a voice in the blizzard department reads the post and makes a decent effort to get these ideas rolling.
08/18/2011 10:44 PMPosted by Hezza
On a side note: Hezza, that AB was fun. We need to do that again sometime when I haven't just switched my keybindings.

Hehe ok. :)

Was shocked when I saw you at blacksmith in AB. Glad you noticed my emotes.

I've been away from the forums a bit of late due to RL concerns and haven't been able to contribute, but a blue has started an open-ended "Let's talk PvP" thread in the BG forums. It's nice to see so many requests for fixes to AV. Keep pushin'

I too have been extremely busy with RL stuff (working with 20-30 kids for 9 hours straight every single weekday is exhausting, for those who've never tried it).

I've got some mixed emotions regarding Zarhym's latest statement on AV.

First, I appreciate the response, however indirect.

Second, I'm excited that they have been discussing it all this time, and will likely continue to do so.

Third, I'm disappointed that it pretty much isn't happening.

Fourth, I'm hopeful that even if we can't get Classic AV back, we may be able to use the momentum we've built up to push for a new battleground in the same style as Classic AV.

Fifth, I'm still exhausted and can't post much in the next while.

But that's where I am at the moment.

And I first noticed you at Farm. I was like "Rogue! Kill it! Hezza... wait a sec... Check realm! OMG Hezza! Stop fighting, /wave /wave /wave! OK now kill it!"
I actually love AV, it's been my favorite BG since vanilla. I really like all of your suggestions and I agree this would be a blast to play. I'd play it all the time :3 (Ok, I already do, but it would be more fun.)
I remember how excited people would get for AV weekend. Had a friend who said he couldn't do anything 1 weekend because it was AV weekend.