Gilneas, An idea for world pvp continued.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 17 Next
Bump
BUMP
The idea of a world pvp zone that *isn't* limited is great in my books...that's the biggest problem IMO with tol barad and WG...it's so limited by time...I liked Halaa though :)
they should just put a flag in the middle of southshore and tauren mill, give whichever faction that controls it some sort of buff that gives +exp,+honor,+%damage.. something like that and make it constant, none of this once every 3 hour stuff. sounds like fun to me.

i also wouldn't mind having something where the faction leaders could drop some sort of pvp gear. make them much harder, and give enough honor for people to actually form raids to kill them. make it available on pvp servers only since there's barely any reason to make a character on a pvp server anymore.
The gates into the city could be destructible but if a faction takes over the zone that the gate is located maybe they could repair the gate somehow? Probably need vehicles to destroy the gates.
The Park is rebuilt into a Gilnean District where Opertaion: Gilneas is started.

I would definetly hang out in this sector of Stormwind, perhaps dailies to mount up to the battle.

The horde side of the questline would start in Undercity.

For Alliance, we start in Gilneas District (SW) go to many towns around the world and end up in Kul Tiras, where we will sail to the shores of the Ruines Kingdom and begin the last siege on the forsaken.

What you think about this?
I´m still waiting for blue response saying how great this all is lol.
08/08/2011 08:10 AMPosted by Faqu
they should just put a flag in the middle of southshore and tauren mill

Southshore is Forsaken now.

Just something I wanted to point out. When you go to Gilneas you can still see people's silhouettes in the windows. It's kind of creepy.
The Park is rebuilt into a Gilnean District where Opertaion: Gilneas is started.

I would definetly hang out in this sector of Stormwind, perhaps dailies to mount up to the battle.

The horde side of the questline would start in Undercity.

For Alliance, we start in Gilneas District (SW) go to many towns around the world and end up in Kul Tiras, where we will sail to the shores of the Ruines Kingdom and begin the last siege on the forsaken.

What you think about this?

Nice!!
I don't even PvP much, but I still support this idea. Gilneas is far too awesome a zone to not be used for something.

My only worry about this is server imbalance (I still shiver thinking about all the times Horde got slaughtered in Wintergrasp back in WotLK because we're outnumbered by Alliance at least 2 - 1 on my server), but I'm sure there's some way around this.
The server imbalance was taken care of in the last thread. You can read it here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2872927892?page=1
bump - sticky - like
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973009654

i think my 3rd point would be a vary good idea as well

plus posting to bump the great idea this is
Bumping for great ideas.
Bumping cause I love this idea.
bumi
OP you should relink to the original thread in the original post so people can view the old topic easily:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2872927892?page=1 Here it is
I totally support this. I doubt anything is going to happen, though.

We seriously need a good PvP update. Something new. Taking old BGs and adding new skins was an awful idea.