Remove or Improve Recent Quest Tracker Update

UI and Macro
(I was told this was the place to post this suggestion.)

Recently WOW developers decided to have all quest tracking disabled on logout. I asked a gm and was told that this was due to the quest tracker trying to track quests outside of the zone I'm in.

This makes no sense to me. Either way I have to manage my quests myself, only now the system fails to remember what I was tracking when I logged out. I know of only a few ways to handle quests in one zone when I'm thinking of moving to another.

1) ignore them until the quest log fills up and I have to delete them.
2) delete them once I'm sure I'm not going back.
3) finish the quests I accepted or finish the zone if that's my plan.

I don't understand what benefit I get from having all the tracking on all my quests removed when I log out. This only means that now I have to enable any quest I want to track every time I log back on. That's a pain.

Simple fix: Allow the option to track quests only in the current zone or to track outside the zone as well.

Tracking outside the zone is nice if you're on long flights, saves a little time flying and you don't have to keep checking the map to see if you're on track.

Another possible solution - add an option at the end of each zone name in the quest log to track all those quest or disable only those quests, sort of like the expanding menu in the professions windows.

Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestions.
that makes too much sense. thank you for playing now move along.

I have the same issue. i recently started playing WoW and it seemed the log book was fine, i could log in and all my quests were there ready to go. Now i have to start over every time. Its obnoxious.
This is a known bug for which we have a fix lined up in patch 4.2.2. This bug also affects other UI elements, such as your saved role and collapsed headers for quests, reputations, etc.
PLEASE FIX THE JUMPING BUG ZAR<33 PLEASEE:[
08/15/2011 05:35 PMPosted by Zarhym
This is a known bug for which we have a fix lined up in patch 4.2.2. This bug also affects other UI elements, such as your saved role and collapsed headers for quests, reputations, etc.

Oh yay, I won't have to reselect my role every time I relog. Very nice to hear! It was minor, but rather annoying.

Also it affects Zoom in and out on the minimap! It never stays all the way zoomed out when I log out. :(
08/15/2011 06:20 PMPosted by Pwnz

Also it affects Zoom in and out on the minimap! It never stays all the way zoomed out when I log out. :(

Pretty sure that's always been the case, Pwnz.

But regarding role selection and quest tracking, I'm glad it's gonna be fixed soon, those are real annoying. =P
There is an old mod I found back when Comcast/Vista had me dc'ing every 1 to 5 minutes: YssPersistentWatch It does exactly this, save quests on logout. It's worked like a charm despite never being updated (or maybe the game hasn't been losing my quests? I dunno).

It was a real boon to find back then. Try it now and see if it fixes your issue.

Any chance the Warlocks rezzing in rated BGs witht he wrong pet bug, the new in 4.2 using a vehicle despawns your pet bug, or the wonderful sometimes the game can't decide if your fear is glyphed or not bug will be fixed as well?

why are we going from 4.2.0b to 4.2.2 ...

Aha! I thought it was just me...

Any news on 4.2.2 release? Next week? 6 months?
I've been noticing the minimap scroll issue myself lately. It never used to change itself, but now it will randomly change scroll levels when I change zones or log in/out. Minor, but annoying, along with the quest tracking acting stupid. Glad to know at least *something* will be fixed soon.

I've heard this is caused by add ons, but I don't really know for sure. My mini map will reset even just by going inside or outside a building, it drives me batty. I'd like to get rid of all the add ons on my computer and see if it helps but I can't because someone else uses them. Bleh.
08/09/2011 08:20 PMPosted by Frankensense
Recently WOW developers decided to have all quest tracking disabled on logout. I asked a gm and was told that this was due to the quest tracker trying to track quests outside of the zone I'm in.

In my opinion the quest tracker was working great as it originally worked. I actually really enjoy the feature to track quests outside of my current zone. I would really like to keep that feature.

To have quest tracking broken entirely just to remove a feature I like makes me sad.

While we're on this subject...

If I offered you an ice cream cone, would you pass along the suggestion that the UI should remember whatever filters or options I've put into my Tradeskill window?

Slightly off/on topic, but will this fix include the bugged frames where someones health bar stays grayed out despite that they are right next to you, or the rez symbol being stuck on their bar?
08/15/2011 09:12 PMPosted by Fenda
why are we going from 4.2.0b to 4.2.2 ...
Numbering systems are conventional. Blizzard's convention is to have the .0 for a content patch, followed by some small number of fixes, what you call 0a, 0b, etc. They reserve .1 for an emergency fix that requires the PTR; they didn't need one this time around.
08/16/2011 08:43 AMPosted by Jynks

While we're on this subject...

If I offered you an ice cream cone, would you pass along the suggestion that the UI should remember whatever filters or options I've put into my Trade skill window?

THIS.

Or, if we play the auction House, to remember our setting for "Sell by stack" or "sell by unit" ?

All too often, I have listed elementium bars for 5g a stack by mistake. This happened with 10 or so stacks, which meant I lost the gold as soon as I noticed. I was paranoid that someone would buy them as I was cancelling the auctions. It was a bummer to lose the initial gold deposit.

Only once has this happened to me, where I accidentally listed to sell by the stack and not unit. Some guy bought a stack of Felcloth from me in the Winter time. He was a level 1 toon, I messaged him shortly after to ask for my original sell price, and he was not quite nice.

It's a shame it wasn't his main, because I would've blasted him in Trade Chat. Granted, I know the mistake was on my end and I was in the wrong, so after he got rude, I offered to sell it to him more than 50% off of what I was selling it for ... It was originally 3g per unit, I was willing to give it to him for 1g per unit, which would've been 20g. However he was still rude.

I mention this because it goes to show you how you can screw up and it will become a problem for us semi-clumsy sellers out there. :)