server query

New Player Help and Guides
wasnt sure where to put this but most here are always helpful and friendly. anyway was going to download the add-on quest complete, and it says 'supports server query, allowing you to query the blizzard server for all quests you have completed in the past '. does anyone know what this is and how to use it ? it would be a great help :)
The ability to query the server for completed quests was added a few patches ago. The addon will guide you through it, should be as simple as the press of a button.
thanks Eyo, ill give it a try. but i dont understand.the server is what ? my realm provider ?
08/18/2011 11:37 AMPosted by Muffalita
but i dont understand.the server is what ? my realm provider ?

Lets put this in laymans terms "query the server for completed quests" = "ask the place where blizz stores all your character info what quests you've done already"
The add-on will send a query to your realm, requesting it to pull the completed quests for your character.

It's like going to a massive store and having an employee go "in the back" to find something that isn't normally kept on the shelf (not typically in the UI).
ok i think i get it now. thanks all and i cant wait to get home to try it !
it works ! i love it !