Dragonwrath and YOU

Mage
Prev 1 6 7 8 13 Next
Fascinating! I hope these are bugs can can otherwise be fixed, but thanks! Great info. It also seems that despite not being shattered, it is benefiting from mastery.
yes because 4 125% icelances and a likely 55%+ chance to crit on each is indeed a good idea.
Given the work required to obtain the staff, I doubt you'll see many in PVP, don't you worry. Bugs are bugs, and should be fixed regardless of personal feelings towards a spec. I doubt even then the ones that you do see in PVP will be spamming ice lance.
I wonder if a duplicated wrath or starfire will generate extra lunar/solar energy as a moonkin. From your tests results so far it seems like it will.
Seems kinda meh for Channeled spells if it only adds an additional tick to the spell. For everything else it seems to straight double the cast.
The data from the first Boomkin is going to be a lot to sort through and I would prefer that duplicated spells didn't generate eclipse energy for a few reasons.

• If you get a SS proc during Solar eclipse it is worthwhile to save it till right after you cast your last wrath to leave solar. If the wrath before your final wrath procs dragonwrath and you get double energy you will end up out of eclipse mid-cast with the wrath you queued up to be your last wrath. This would also mean that you sat on your SS proc for no reason and missed starsurge's chance to benefit from Solar

• A similar problem takes place when casting wrath toward lunar if the wrath in mid-air procs lunar. Your next wrath will already be mid-cast depending on travel distance which will likely mean just letting that wrath cast and ignoring the fact that you had a proc which will will baffle me into thinking I q'ed up the wrong spell for weeks (something that a power aura for Dragonwrath procs would easily fix)
It'll be interesting to find out if procs of SW:P or Mind Flay from a shadow priest will proc Shadow Orbs or not. Anyone know have any clue how far away the closest shadow priest is?
Unfortunetly our guild Shadow Priest is only at 48 or so out of 250 with just Domo and Rag left this week. Since we only have 2 heroic bosses killed on 25, the best we will get is to be another 3 weeks I'd think. If we are lucky with Heroic Beth in the next week or two then 3 weeks at most.
Can anybody help me out ?
08/11/2011 06:45 PMPosted by Siiz
If your "copied" fireball crits it will trigger ignite, and ignite also benefits from the staff proc.

Did you find the ignites were getting munched at all when it double critted?
08/13/2011 04:21 AMPosted by Vatìcan
Can anybody help me out ?

I can probably hook you up to a beautiful dress like mine, yes.

As for your other problem, I suggest you look at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJFFG5RMsyw&feature=related
Really looking forward to Arcane Mages that do an AB + PoM AB with a staff proc on each of those. Or any other caster that does significant direct damage, for that matter =/
Have you noticed if the copied spell still costs mana, or is it truly a "free" spell? ("free" as in "beer")

Not that it would change anything since you cannot really plan around it, but I am curious.
08/13/2011 02:16 AMPosted by Risu
It'll be interesting to find out if procs of SW:P or Mind Flay from a shadow priest will proc Shadow Orbs or not. Anyone know have any clue how far away the closest shadow priest is?

I imagine there are plenty of Shadow Priests who will get theirs before me, but I'll have mine in 2 weeks time. And you can bet I'll be testing it extensively and making sure SimulationCraft models it all.
I wonder if a copied Holy Fire/Smite would proc Atonement......

HEALER WEAPON!
08/13/2011 02:16 AMPosted by Risu

It will also be interesting if extra mf tick will lower mana fiend. Since it copies the spell tick as opposed to the seemingly non-critting but dmg mirroring 'wrath of tarecgosa' arcane spell.

Is there any proc that can happen off a tick of missles that would be similar mechanically?
08/13/2011 09:48 AMPosted by Shisai

It will also be interesting if extra mf tick will lower mana fiend. Since it copies the spell tick as opposed to the seemingly non-critting but dmg mirroring 'wrath of tarecgosa' arcane spell.

Is there any proc that can happen off a tick of missles that would be similar mechanically?

Arcane Missiles were proccing additional missiles, not the Wrath of Tarecgosa DoT effect. I imagine it will be similar for Shadow.
Have you noticed if the copied spell still costs mana, or is it truly a "free" spell? ("free" as in "beer")

Not that it would change anything since you cannot really plan around it, but I am curious.

I actually asked him that in game and he said the proc was a free cast [no mana cost associated with it].
This is all very interesting, thank you for the effort put towards the staff theorycrafing.

Can't wait to see the first shadowpriest get their hands on the staff to determine just how the staff will work with us. Based on the information gathered thus far it seems as if channeled spells duplicate the channel as the same spell rather than as "Wrath of Terecgosa". This is good news as it will likely benefit shadoworb generation and shadowfiend cd reduction.

Also looking forward to seeing how balance druid mechanics interact with the staff since they are in a bit of a unique situation with their solar/lunar energy. I wonder if balance druids will gain additional damage added to Wrath of Terecgosa from their spec's increase to arcane damage. I'm sure the difference in benefit from the staff will be within a few tenths of a percent between specs, but it's interesting to know from a theorycrating perspective nonetheless.