Demonology Macros

Warlock
I just switched from affliction to Demo. I am looking for the best macros to help ease the amount of buttons.
Also any suggestions to help me out with Demo are welcome.
I use elitist jerks for priority.
And I know my hit is low. I have been running dungeons for valor.
thanks
Well here's some I happen to find convenient, you may or may not.

#showtooltip
/petattack [@pettarget,noexists]
/cast Spell Name

To make your pet not act like an idiot all the time.

#showtooltip
/cast [@player,pet:Imp] Singe Magic; [pet:Felhunter] Devour Magic; [pet:Voidwalker] Sacrifice; [pet:Felguard] Axe Toss

To save space for pet spells (note: if you have your imp, it casts Singe Magic at you 100% of the time, you can change that with @mouseover, etc)

/castsequence [form] reset=36 Immolation Aura, Shadowflame, Shadowflame, Shadowflame, Shadowflame; Shadowflame
Saves me one button by putting Immolation Aura and Shadowflame on the same one... you wouldn't want to use it for aoe though, where you want to try and fit in 2 Immolation Auras.
So you dont have your pet spells auto cast?
I have him set on passive and macroed to immolate.
My hellfire macro for trash mobs

/cast hellfire
/cast felstorm

Gives a nice DPS spike depending on how many mobs are present. It's more effective against larger mobs.
There is seriously only 1 macro you really need.

#showtooltip Demon Soul
/cast Demon Soul
/use Moonwell Chalice
There is seriously only 1 macro you really need.

#showtooltip Demon Soul
/cast Demon Soul
/use Moonwell Chalice

To be fair, you don't "need" any... I don't use that one but I use others, obviously it's a matter of choice, as well as convenience.

To be fair, you don't "need" any... I don't use that one but I use others, obviously it's a matter of choice, as well as convenience.

This pretty much says it all.
Here's some that will reduce the amount of buttons on your hot bar.

#Showtooltip Immolate
/cast [mod:alt] Bane of Doom; [mod:shift] Corruption; Immolate

#Showtooltip Hand of Gul'dan
/cast [mod:alt] Soul Fire; [mod:shift] Incinerate; Hand of Gul'dan

#Showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/cast [mod:alt] Drain Soul; [mod:shift] Shadowflame; Shadow Bolt
Szkieletor, if you don't mind, what would a Hand of Gul'dan and Felguard Axe Toss macro look like? If you don't mind, i'm no bueno at macro-ing.
/use volcanic potion
/cast lifeblood
/cast <insert name of tinkered item>
/cast <insert trinket here>
/cast <insert racial here>
/cast demon soul
/cast metamorphosis

Do this with all of your abilities not on the gcd. You can add however many of these as you want. All of the ones here I believe are off the gcd. This means you can add one other that is on the gcd. Do note that you will only be able to do this with one of your trinkets if you have 2 on use trinkets. Personally I only use the trink, racial, demon soul, and meta. I would suggest putting meta last especially if you have moonwell chalice. I dont know for sure that if you use meta before the mastery buff you will get the buff. Meaning im not sure if mastery changes while already in meta will affected the damage increase you have. If somebody would like to verify that would be great.

Things to note, meta is a 3 min cd, but usually you will have brought it to below 2 if you are casting enough. Just be sure meta is off cd before you use this, as everything else is either a 1 or 2 min cd. Also as far as the macro goes, you can use cast for just about all of them. For the trink i know you can use /cast but you can probably also use /use. It doesn't really matter.
/use volcanic potion
/cast lifeblood
/cast <insert name of tinkered item>
/cast <insert trinket here>
/cast <insert racial here>
/cast demon soul
/cast metamorphosis

Do this with all of your abilities not on the gcd. You can add however many of these as you want. All of the ones here I believe are off the gcd. This means you can add one other that is on the gcd. Do note that you will only be able to do this with one of your trinkets if you have 2 on use trinkets. Personally I only use the trink, racial, demon soul, and meta. I would suggest putting meta last especially if you have moonwell chalice. I dont know for sure that if you use meta before the mastery buff you will get the buff. Meaning im not sure if mastery changes while already in meta will affected the damage increase you have. If somebody would like to verify that would be great.

Things to note, meta is a 3 min cd, but usually you will have brought it to below 2 if you are casting enough. Just be sure meta is off cd before you use this, as everything else is either a 1 or 2 min cd. Also as far as the macro goes, you can use cast for just about all of them. For the trink i know you can use /cast but you can probably also use /use. It doesn't really matter.

This is not a good idea. The biggest reason is meta won't update to account for trinkets in time if you macro the two together due to server lag... if you have MWC you're losing out on 17% damage on every meta using this and making your otherwise awesome trinket almost entirely useless.

You also can't use trinkets along with profession bonuses like Lifeblood or Synapse Springs, one will trigger a cd for the other for duration of the buff gained. Using this macro means you can use one you don't intend to if you don't have them in the right order, and putting them on the same button is going to make keeping track of the cooldowns and using them effectively harder.

Did I mention using cooldowns effectively will be harder? You don't always want to use things on cooldown, mainly the first time you use it. For example, with Synapse Springs you really don't want to use it immediately once you go into meta, you want to use MWC first (just before meta) and then use the springs once that is done, so you get it in during meta still. Then it's on a 1 minute cooldown, which won't be the same as your trinkets, demon soul, etc., so you want to be able to keep track of that so you can have it back up in time for your next meta.
So this may be a dumb question but what does the #Showtooltip Immolate do exactly
and if I use this macro let me make sure I understand it right.
#Showtooltip Immolate
this will cast BoD if I use alt and corruption and immolate when I hit shift
Show tooltip makes the icon on your hotbar match that for the ability unless you specifically select an icon.

He's a marco that i like for pet switching (although I'm not sure it works properly if you try to que the spell).

/cast [pet:Felhunter] Summon Felguard
/cast [pet:Felguard] Soulburn
/cast [pet:Felguard] Summon Felhunter
So this may be a dumb question but what does the #Showtooltip Immolate do exactly
and if I use this macro let me make sure I understand it right.
#Showtooltip Immolate
this will cast BoD if I use alt and corruption and immolate when I hit shift

that macro will cast BoD if you're holding alt, corruption if you're holding shift, and immolate if you're not holding any mod key
Ok thanks, so if I have them all on one button what add on do you guys suggest for watching the cooldowns. I have been using spellflash but if they are all on the same button I wont see them all.
08/14/2011 06:33 AMPosted by Phantomx
Ok thanks, so if I have them all on one button what add on do you guys suggest for watching the cooldowns. I have been using spellflash but if they are all on the same button I wont see them all.

People like different addons for that. Some people like fortexorcist or power auras.

I like raven which is a little similar to power auras. You can set it up to use sound alerts so you don't constantly have to watch a section of the screen to get your timings right.
08/13/2011 08:25 AMPosted by Mcmannus
Szkieletor, if you don't mind, what would a Hand of Gul'dan and Felguard Axe Toss macro look like? If you don't mind, i'm no bueno at macro-ing.

You can just take one of the macros I posted and change it around.

/cast [mod:shift] Axe Toss; Hand of Gul'dan or whatever.

Or you can do

/castsequence Hand of Gul'dan, Axe Toss

So should I not have my pets attacks on auto?
#showtooltip
/petattack [@pettarget,exists]
/cast Spell Name

Ok so if I use this to help control my pet, I have to replace Spell Name with the spell I want to bind it to correct?

Sorry for being so dumb with all this I have just never used macros before and have been wanting to get better with them so I can raid.