Bring Oceanic Servers to Australia

Oceanic General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 25 Next
And the reason I dont play on Oceanic servers? Its pretty simple, majority of players on oceanic servers play on my timezone which you might think is great, but when oceanic servers first came out they had on norm a 30 min wait to even log on. Then due to traffic would be terribly laggy.

Sure things might be different now with lower subs but lets be honest Oceanic and "US" Servers are located in the same place so yeah the only difference is the TAG they have as opposed to what they should actually be.

So yeah I am going to stick to my supposed US servers for now. Though in all honesty I am possibly looking for a new guild that raids Perth / AUS times :P hahaha
Bump.. I do hope Blizzard looks further into this as they seem so proactive in there implemenation of other good concepts in game and evne in real life with creating a product that has become more of a lifestyle to many people across the globe surely they will > insert Optimism here.
Perfect arguement, i was going to make a post... but then i read this, very well said arguement
blizzard ignores us to save money, we've been posting for four years. Hopefully they get some compassion.
Blizz DID talk to Telstra in AUS about setting up servers as Blizz would require a good price for the amount of traffic they will pull (plus need to know they can get that plan/cap.)

Telstra were going to charge them out the backside so Blizz decided against it.

Blame Telstra.
Agreed, whats the point in playing an oceanic server when its hosted in LA, ima just go on a US server then, pre stupid if you ask me.
the main reason i've given up pvping and don't go raiding, despite having the time some nights, is having >200ms lag all the time. and i'd gladly pay double the current sub fee to have even ONE server, in australia or close enough to it that we can get <100ms connections...
Blizz DID talk to Telstra in AUS about setting up servers as Blizz would require a good price for the amount of traffic they will pull (plus need to know they can get that plan/cap.)

Blame Telstra.

That's old news, Internode have been offering to provide a cost effective hosting service for some time, and Blizzard aren't interested. It's easier for them to ignore a distant customer base and keep cashing in on the subs.

Blame Telstra.

That's old news, Internode have been offering to provide a cost effective hosting service for some time, and Blizzard aren't interested. It's easier for them to ignore a distant customer base and keep cashing in on the subs.

Exactly.

It's easy to say 'Blame Telstra' or Optus or whoever you want to blame, but a lot has changed in the last few years and there are many providers here who want to work with Blizzard to setup Aussie servers. The ball is in Blizzard's court, by ignoring the issue it shows they're happy to give us less service than their US customers even though we pay the same subscription price.
Couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately the only way you can tell Blizzard what you think is to unsubscribe. The Blizzard of 8 years ago tried to create Australian servers, but it was too expensive. It might be economically viable now, but the Blizzard of today is not likely to take the risk or make the effort for what would at best be a marginal increase in profit.
On a good day in Perth i can get about 200ms which is as good as it gets. (PvP time :D) On a bad day it might even go up to 500, not worth playing outside the city it goes up to about 2000+ms usually.
But 200ms is good enough, even with melee appearing to hit from 10m away..
What I would really appreciate is if blizz moved the tuesday maintenance 4-5hr forward please?
Hey SWTOR is getting Aussie servers, in Aussieland. Just sayin.
And free transfers to get our characters onto those servers.

Take note Blizzard, that's how you should be treating your Oceanic customers...
I applaud my good friend, Panoramic, for this excellent post and everyone's resounding support (bar the few sour g*%@@s).

But wait.....hear that noise.....?

It's the sound of Blizz not giving a damn....

Edit: What? The word 'G R A P E S' is considered an expletive, while 'damn' gets through? Oh the wisdom of WoW lol
i would also like to be able to finally have fair pvp .. but sadly ATM i have to ditch all my wow characters and go pvp on another game (swtor) .. come on blizzard .. it would be a good investment for your future titles as well .... at least take another public look at doing it...
Spoke to Blizz cust service on another matter and raised this, they know about SWTOR and Aussie servers and the guy said "they will look at it as they raise new ideas"

It isnt a new idea.

Told him they do shutdowns in our primetime, and he says yes he knows but it cant be helped.

One server is all it would take.

They tell me that posting here is where the devs look, yet I dont see one blue post in here on this topic. Six pages.

Been asking for years.

Blizz, do you care?
"Blizz, do you care?"

No
I have added my suggestion to mitigate Oceanic pvp players' pain in the thread titled "Suggestion to resolve Oceanic lag issue". Pls support in that thread if you are agreeable to my suggestion.

It may not yet address Oceanic pve players' pain. But at least it is a start. If Bliz don't even wish to consider the suggestion for pvp, then you can forget about lag issue for pve player. Bliz simply just don't care about Oceanic players. Period.
bump /signed
/bump