Transmogrify and Void Storage Requests

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 17 Next
08/18/2011 10:49 AMPosted by Lylirra
Void Storage vaults will be per-character and not per-account, so it won't be way for players to trade BoA items cross-realm. While that's still something we want players to be able to do, we've several technological hurdles to overcome before we can make that type of service available.

awesome job clearing up the rumor. more of this plox
Elm,

I was just checking out the Blue posts in the 140 page thread, and the Blue mentioned the Quest Gear issue. He said that it won't be in the initial version, but that they want to add the ability to get other "cool" sets. The examples mentioned were the DK startin zone gear, and quest gear specifically.

That's cool, but even it it was just quest gear models, the result would be the same - you'd be able to transmogrify into that cool old look.
Something else I'd like to recommend with the storage, mentioned it in another side thread but maybe it would be better received here.. Death Knights that have sold their starting zone gear and the blue set you receive at the end as well as the weapons.. Is there anyway we could have those tossed into the storage seeing as we can't get it back? Or maybe an npc in the Acherus that sells some white equipment that has all the appearances with just no stats? I was rather fond of that gear the most of all and would love to have atleast the blue set back if nothing else.
The problem with stripping enchants and gems from the game is that you would be incredibly stupid and idiotic to put in your classic gear that has ZG head/leg/shoulder enchants since those are no longer in the game.

If you put in your tier 2 shoulders with your class ZG enchant you'll lose that enchant forever.

This is seriously what people are worried about? Losing an old and worthless enchant? Either way, transmogrification just takes the appearance of an item, not its enchantments.
Void Storage vaults will be per-character and not per-account, so it won't be way for players to trade BoA items cross-realm. While that's still something we want players to be able to do, we've several technological hurdles to overcome before we can make that type of service available.

Hello, Zarhym,
I see no reason why, but I keep seeing people speculating into wether or not BoA's will be retrievable cross-realm-wide trough Void Storage.
Althought I would love that was true, all info given leads us towards believing Void Storage is character specific, and thus having no use into sending any items to other toons - not even toons on the same realm/faction. #amiright?

*SAD FACE!*

I have char's trapped on an RP realm... and I'd rather not spend the $50 to move them... poo...
08/18/2011 12:40 PMPosted by Casckit
This is seriously what people are worried about? Losing an old and worthless enchant? Either way, transmogrification just takes the appearance of an item, not its enchantments.

If it doesn't bother you, that's great, but it's a concern for people.

To be honest who cares why people want to use it?

It just seems like much of what Blizzard does lately they take a good idea and make it bad in how they implement it.

As it currently is being allowed to be used this seems like another waste of resources that would have been better served in another area.

You people wanted storage for vanity items. You got it and now all you can do is whine about it endlessly. It really is pathetic and shows why Blizzard keeps the community at arms length.

Actually I never wanted nor do I currently want storage for vanity items. In fact I think this is a waste of their resources and is poorly implemented. I wish they would spend more time on new instances instead of things like this.
The cost of the deposit/withdraw mechanic is what's really going to make or break this feature.

The unlocking price is fine, hell it could be even higher: if you're enough of a packrat that you need 80 extra slots for long term storage, you should be able to afford a thousand gold or more to enable it.

But the price of transmogrifying from one set of gear that you keep in your void bank to another that are in your void bank looks like it might cost an arm and a leg.

What would be preferable is if it simply cost gold to put an item in, and you could access items in your void bank for transmogrification WITHOUT having to withdraw them first.

Withdrawing items from the void bank should be free, or else take the price you envision for depositing and cut it in half to split between the two functions.
I refuse to pay for each deposit and withdraw, AFTER I have paid to just unlock the feature. I will not be using this feature. I'll keep my crammed free bank and bank alt toon.
I will gladly pay the guild bank fees to use this feature...1-2K. good with that. But...paying each time I use it? No. My real bank doesn't even do that.
What a crap way to implement something. Really disappointing.
Ah well. I'm sure some folks will enjoy it.
08/18/2011 01:19 PMPosted by Taliany
I'll keep my crammed free bank and bank alt toon.

Do you honestly use everything you've stored often enough to care about a deposit/withdraw fee?
08/18/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Rankin
I'll keep my crammed free bank and bank alt toon.

Do you honestly use everything you've stored often enough to care about a deposit/withdraw fee?

I care enough about the principle of it....to never use Void Storage IF this is how it is implemented.
08/18/2011 01:23 PMPosted by Melisaran
Taliany, as has been said, REPEATEDLY, the prices aren't set, yet. Also, this isn't meant for you to be putting stuff in and pulling it out all the time. This is for long term storage of stuff you don't want to lose, but rarely ever use. Holiday clothes you wear once a year. That old Tier set you'll use to Mog your gear. Cool trinkets and toys you don't use anymore, but might want to play with in 6 months. This isn't for crafting mats that you'll be using several times a day or week. So you pay once, and then again maybe in 6 months. That's not asking much.

I understand all the points you made. I read it.
However, I disagree with the principle that you pay to unlock the feature...you pay to deposit....you pay to withdraw.
I get that Blizzard loves gold sinks...but this is a bit much for me. I won't be using it.

I take no issue with paying to unlock the feature. I do take issue with being nickel and dimed for each transaction. Regardless of how often I am charged.

08/18/2011 01:27 PMPosted by Taliany
Taliany, as has been said, REPEATEDLY, the prices aren't set, yet. Also, this isn't meant for you to be putting stuff in and pulling it out all the time. This is for long term storage of stuff you don't want to lose, but rarely ever use. Holiday clothes you wear once a year. That old Tier set you'll use to Mog your gear. Cool trinkets and toys you don't use anymore, but might want to play with in 6 months. This isn't for crafting mats that you'll be using several times a day or week. So you pay once, and then again maybe in 6 months. That's not asking much.

However, I disagree with the principle that you pay to unlock the feature...you pay to deposit....you pay to withdraw.
I get that Blizzard loves gold sinks...but this is a bit much for me. I won't be using it.

I take no issue with paying to unlock the feature. I do take issue with being nickel and dimed for each transaction. Regardless of how often I am charged.

I agree with you. So correct me if I am wrong here, but this is how fees will go if we utilize both the void storage and mogger:

Pay fee to unlock void storage fee
Pay fee to deposit items (up to 80 items)
Go pvp/pve get new real gear piece. Example: shoulders
Pay fee to withdraw vanity shoulder item
Pay fee to mog your shoulders
Pay fee to re-deposit vanity shoulder
Get an upgrade to real shoulder piece in 2 weeks or whenever
Pay fee to withdraw, mog and redeposit again and so on.

That will add up pretty fast, especially for those like me that don't have or can't make the time to do a bunch of dailies or corner something on the AH. I mostly just raid/pvp so as much as I love the new features I don't think I'll have enough gold to utilize it regularly Lol.
08/18/2011 01:50 PMPosted by Octoberrust

I agree with you. So correct me if I am wrong here, but this is how fees will go if we utilize both the void storage and mogger:

Pay fee to unlock void storage fee
Pay fee to deposit items (up to 80 items)
Go pvp/pve get new real gear piece. Example: shoulders
Pay fee to withdraw vanity shoulder item
Pay fee to mog your shoulders
Pay fee to re-deposit vanity shoulder
Get an upgrade to real shoulder piece in 2 weeks or whenever
Pay fee to withdraw, mog and redeposit again and so on.

That will add up pretty fast, especially for those like me that don't have or can't make the time to do a bunch of dailies or corner something on the AH. I mostly just raid/pvp so as much as I love the new features I don't think I'll have enough gold to utilize it regularly Lol.

As I understand it..Yes. That is how it will work.
From my understanding it's probably for stuff you won't be using much...so not gear that you want to use for Mogging. Though to me that defeats the purpose. Even if you rotate the sets in there, you still have to pay to take it in and out.
/shrugs
I just disagree with the principle of it.
Charge me, sure. I'll pay to unlock it. Cool.
Don't nickle and dime me with per transaction fees. That's my gripe.

Void Storage is a waste of gold then ... 1000g to open and more to put in and take out...
I just make a guild bank alt or 2.. cheaper

Not in the slightest, it stores soulbound equipment, unlike guild banks or bank alts. I'll happily pay the 9000g immediately to fill up all 80 slots of my void storage with soulbound equipment from my full bank.
08/18/2011 10:28 AMPosted by Itsmurda
Could you comment on other soulbound items that are not equippable? For instance, Romantic Picnic Baskets and things of that sort, will they be able to be placed in void storage?

We're still discussing a lot of those details, so I can't really give you a "yes" or a "no" right now.

That said, the main requirement for an item to eligible for Void Storage is that it's soulbound. While Void Storage was primarily designed for gear that you plan to use for Transmogrification, that doesn't mean we won't allow other soulbound items -- even if they can't be equipped -- to be stored in Void Storage vaults, too. Such exceptions seem probable.

It's unlikely that we'll allow profession items, tradeskill items, pets and mounts, or consumables to be placed in Void Storage, though.

08/18/2011 10:53 AMPosted by Penguinlover
So, in order for us to use gear for an appearance tab we HAVE to spend 1000g to put stuff into the void storage so we can use it?

Nope. You don't need to place an item into Void Storage in order to use it for Transmogrification. The two systems are completely separate.

We're implementing Void Storage and Transmogrification at the same time because we know that, with Transmogrification, players are likely going to want and/or need more storage space, specifically for the long-term. And that’s the niche Void Storage fills. Just because one system (Void Storage) was designed to complement another (Transmogrification), that doesn't mean the two rely on each other functionally. :)

Sorry for the confusion, though! We’re looking to share more of the rules and restrictions surrounding Transmogrification as soon as possible.