So. Let's talk dress up.

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 26 Next

Have you heard the gun sound? It's loud, annoying, and makes my ears bleed.
With Transmogrification coming up in 4.3, does anyone have sets already stashed? If not, does anyone have any idea what 'suit' they want to put together? C'mon, I want ideas and pretty pictures!

Anybody, anybody? Beuller? Let's have fun with this!

Let's see:
    DK main... ummm, idk =\
    Pally: t0.5 with Argent Avenger and Highlord's Favor (with appropriate tabard of course).
    Rogue: Relentless Gladiator with Wrathful gloves / boots and Ebon Mask.
    Warrior: I'll have to farm up something, maybe t10 minus the shoulders.
    Mage: don't know yet but it will require farming.
    Hunter: t0.5 (I'm missing the shoulders though*) with Rhok'delar

08/22/2011 11:51 AMPosted by Daxxarri
That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.

*just one question, can BoAs be used as the source?
Dark Ninja

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=28803:35369:44694:35370:29247:35368:16824.0.1887:35366:18816:18805:31201

I may regret sharing this later on.
Posting in the correct thread: http://wowrpclothes.wordpress.com/

Lot's of ideas there for outfits! (no that is not my site, but thought I would share the goodness of pics and ideas!)

Many of these outfits are missing shoulders, and while Transmogrification may let us choose smaller shoulders, unfortunately it won't dispose of them entirely. (Shoulders are often cool, but many concepts just don't work for them. Consider all the npcs without shoulder armor...)

I know my main motivation in wanting T5 is to get smaller shoulders. I love warcraft shoulders on my melee classes, but on casters most of them just don't work for me, and the robes would look more "robe-like" without them. Alas. It also depends on race. Trolls can get away with it, because they have inhuman posture and proportions, and it doesn't look any odder than the rest. But human and blood elf casters look a lot less "caster-like" with shoulder armor.

Currently considering finding the cheapest low level green shoulders that look like tiny triangular strips of tape....
Crazy idea. Perhaps we can dig up old tier sets through archaeology?
That's still under discussion at the moment. Right now, Legendary weapons and Heirlooms probably won't be eligible, while some Bind on Account items probably will be eligible. It's not set in stone yet though.

I'd like to provide an update on this statement I made. It turns out that Heirlooms will be eligible targets for Transmogrification.

Also (and this applies to all Transmogrified items), trading, mailing, auctioning or depositing an item in a guild bank will remove the Transmogrified art, returning the item in question to its original artwork.

So, while you won't have to stare at the same old Heirlooms the whole time you're leveling, you won't be able to send a set of Heirlooms that have been Transmogrified with tier 13 art to your level 10 alt.

So, about the first post, legendary weapons cannot be Transmogrified, but does the other way around work? Like, making a two handed axe look like Shadowmourne?
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/8742/badassarmor.jpg

This is what my Rogue is going to look like.

1: Download WoW Model Viewer
2: Make you character
3: Post screenshot on imageshack
4: ??????
5: Profit

So much better than trying to describe it.

BLIZZARD! We need to be able to transmog the enchants we want so I can get the purple smoke effect from Life Stealing. If I still have the brown turds from Landslide it kinda defeats the purpose of trying to look unique.
This is a cool feature but they are making so many restrictions that it's just not going to be fun or worth it in the end. Either release the appearance tab in all of it's glory or don't release it at all. That's my stance.
Gnome Warrior: T1 for DPS, and Heroism for Tanking. Not sure what shield I'll use. I have them already.

Draenei Shaman: 5 Thunder (how many draenei shaman have that set?) for healing, Cyclone for DPS. I have these already.

Human Paladin: I'd love to get the T8 (10 person) set, but that seems to be an issue. Ran Ulduar yesterday, only 1 of the 5 tokens was the right one. :p

Draenei Paladin: I'd like to finish my T5 set, but I've also got the Soulforge set too.

NE Priest: Hallowed (dungeon set from BC), need to finish getting the pieces.

Gnome Mage (Frost): Lieutenant Commander's Arcanum (60 pvp set), need to get this.

Dwarf Hunter: Lieutenant Commander's Pursuance (60 pvp set), finished getting this already.

Gnome Priest: Virtuous, already have this.

Death Knight: Probably the starter green set which is in my bank.

Gnome Warlock: T1, need to finish the set.

Gnome Rogue: Lieutenant Commander's Guard, need to get this.

Gnome Mage(fire): Not sure, T5 maybe? I'm open to suggestions.

NE Druid: No clue... I'm not terribly fond of any of the sets.
Worgen Druid: She's still too low to hunt up a set for.
08/22/2011 01:00 PMPosted by Jynks

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check.

Please explain Moonkin form.

THANK YOU!

I'm glad I'm not the only person who saw that and was like "Really? You force every Balance druid in both raids and PvP to look like a stupid, fat bear/owl with antlers/horns for half a decade, but NOW you're worried about the game being too silly?"

I leveled from 1-60 as Balance and changed to Feral when the patch introducing Moonkin form came out. It just kills my sense of immersion. I'm still waiting on a minor glyph to let me switch back to Balance and play as a keeper of the grove or something.
08/22/2011 01:20 PMPosted by Zabre
This is a cool feature but they are making so many restrictions that it's just not going to be fun or worth it in the end. Either release the appearance tab in all of it's glory or don't release it at all. That's my stance.

^Definitely not my stance.

Good things often come in stages. I'd rather have this conservative, red-tape-smothered version, and hope that things get better, than keep playing without it for God knows how long.

So, about the first post, legendary weapons cannot be Transmogrified, but does the other way around work? Like, making a two handed axe look like Shadowmourne?

08/17/2011 10:58 AMPosted by Kaivax
You will not be able to transmogrify using a legendary item as either the source or the recipient of a change.

I'm trying out several outfits... this is the one I'm currently leaning towards although I'd like to find something purple/blue and not brown/red.

But, as you can see, I'm not going for anything "tier" or whatever. Something simple and plain... including a plain weapon. I'd use the level 1 mage starter robe if I could.
I'm a little confused, why are Legendary s ineligible for transmogrify? currently they are nothing more then a orange paper weight in our inventory, from extremely low drop rates to long quests chains players have put a lot of effort into obtaining these items. So why let them rot? Do you have plans for them in the future?
Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too fun. I know looking awesome is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its level of fun in check.

Fixed.
On my rogue I have full ICC gear. I was thinking of going full PvP gear on my warrior but I feel like it's going to be over done. As far as my priest goes, starting zone cloth and the level 15 wool shoulders. I'm going to look like a level 1, with ilvl370 gear.

Will heirlooms be eligible targets as sourcing the transmogrification of other items?

Also, I was wondering if armor will be counted as a stat, in the context of transmog source items needing to have stats. Will Crown of the Fire Festival be eligible to use the art for transmog?
08/22/2011 01:27 PMPosted by Halfcalf
On my rogue I have full ICC gear. I was thinking of going full PvP gear on my warrior but I feel like it's going to be over done. As far as my priest goes, starting zone cloth and the level 15 wool shoulders. I'm going to look like a level 1, with ilvl370 gear.

Reliving your days grazing peacefully in Mulgore on your priest (assuming you are a cow lol)?
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

I love Blizzard's artists, am fine with the cartoony look -- but look at the picture at the link below, and tell me that your artists give a fark about anything other than teir sets. Every expansion, my characters end up, at some stage, looking like this.

http://www.syraqua.com/UglyLochlyn.jpg

Lochlyn is 85 in iLvl 353 gear, epics, from vendors, drops, and other sources. Bill the Croc makes fun of poor Lochlyn.

*I* look forward to transmogrifying to give Lochlyn a decent wardrobe. But don't give me any malarky about the integrity of your art when a character ends up looking like THIS, not by choice, but because items on the same level make him look like a refugee from a circus trapped at a thrift store.

:)

Edit: This post was on a useless alt by accident)
I've been searching blue posts and haven't found an answer to this question. Can we use Gray/White items that have a single stat, such as stam?

I'm asking because one of our guildies wants to use a 50ish level set made from gray items found off of random mobs. Would he be able to do so?