So. Let's talk dress up.

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
here we go some screenies

Front
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/vaelkari/WoWScrnShot_081911_073905.jpg

Back
http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac236/vaelkari/WoWScrnShot_081911_073916.jpg

still gotta sort a few bits out, find a nice red polarm, maybe change the pants up- long sleeve shirt to cover the explosed gaps, darker belt- but ya get the idea. :)

Modified Gronnstakers Horde edition :P

I'll be trying to finish up my sunwell gear set (if only I could find matching boots...).

That, or this:
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=51150:51151:51152:51153:51154:50993:49897:47740
I still need to find a good cape for it, as well as some boots that don't look horrendous on a male dwarf.

DK will get this:
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=44312:47176:45139:47495:47511:47197:13340:38632

Pally will get this:
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=29066:29068:29067:29069:29070:28512:28733:28569
Question: Will the Bloodsail Admiral equipment be usable for this?

The hat has stats, at least, and the rest I could probably find close alternatives for. The rest of the costume is greens and blues with stats.
08/18/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
t4 or t6 with stylin' purple hat and Dual Dark Herring.

Well, I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but...

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

That's just for non-Gnomes though, right? Gnomes will be allowed to look silly.

We have an obligation to players and to our hard working artists to keep the game from looking too silly. I know looking ridiculous is fun for some players, but World of Warcraft was established with a design that the game overall kept its silliness in check. That’s one of the reasons we resisted adding a feature like Transmogrification for so long.

So weapons that look like fish, for example, probably won't be available as source items for Transmogrification, even if one is technically a dagger and has stats. There are a handful other weapons with "silly" models (such as frying pans, brooms, etc.) that may or may not be allowed -- it's still under discussion.

This is a restriction I don't mind. I always liked dressing up in more fantasy based armor rather then silly armor anyway.
08/18/2011 02:08 PMPosted by Demonwolf
I have most of the Bloodfang set and a little bit of T6 standing by.

Bloodfang for sure, with Cursed Vision and S2 Daggers. Awww yeeeaaahhh!
I'll be trying to finish up my sunwell gear set (if only I could find matching boots...).

That, or this:
http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=51150:51151:51152:51153:51154:50993:49897:47740
I still need to find a good cape for it, as well as some boots that don't look horrendous on a male dwarf.

t6? Im using Treads of Coastal Wandering, see screenies above.

Sooooo.... items like Silk Wizard Hat wont be allowed... I was really looking forward to the RP.
08/18/2011 02:44 PMPosted by Atamafuse

Can they avoid it?
I donno about all of you, but I'll be wearin' T13 when this comes out =)
Ive saved both my tier 9 and 10 sets just hoping for this one day =D

Ill prolly be the only pally left in wow thats not in t2, never liked it.

Can they avoid it?

Well, it does take some doing to make a Gnome look silly, we aren't all blessed with you tallees ability to look funny.
I'm trying to go with my own custom sets rather than getting just regular tier sets. I'll post a picture in a bit.

Well that's disappointing.

Does the rocket/diving helm fall under this as well?
I believe its called the imperial plate set? It makes you look just like a SW guard. I am also, along with everyone else that has a pally, going to be using my T2.
Tier 5 Absolution and Tier 6 Avatar. :D

That, or this:

t6? Im using Treads of Coastal Wandering, see screenies above.

I'll check it out. Not sure if it'll match the sunwell stuff, but it might.