So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16
I think it's silly that you can't have fun with transmogrification. When I suggested someone going after Rag (or DW) "equipped" with "fish" and looking like Nat Pagle's fishing buddy, the first response was "OMG, that would be *awesome!"

There are people in this game who enjoy facing down a boss in the latest and greatest, looking all heroic and splendid. There are others who enjoy a more humorous approach. Why punish the folks who like to have a little more fun?

If Fred the warrior wants to be immortalized in his server-first take-down of Deathwing wielding a frying pan, a rolling pin and a chef's hat, then let him. The way the gear looks has absolutely nothing to do with the player's skill or the effectiveness of the gear.
The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

I realize that nothing is final regarding this stuff just yet, but might there be any exceptions to the gear type?

I'm talking about stuff from engineering and the like that is made as cloth for the purpose of every class being able to make use of them. Mostly how the Deepdive Helmet, Goblin Rocket Helmet, and X-52 Rocket Helmet are set as being cloth, but don't really match that graphic wise.
Hiding shoulder slot would be nice.
Okey, I just came up with a good question (I think, anyway)!

Say I've got Shadow's Edge, and I transmogrify the skin onto Skullstealer Greataxe.

Now I finally finish the quest to upgrade to Shadowmourne.

A) Does Skullstealer Greataxe retain the skin? (I don't see why I wouldn't but must *know*.)

B) Can I use Skullstealer Greataxe to transmogrify the Shadow's Edge skin onto another axe, or would the recipient get the original Skullstealer Greataxe skin? (Again, I would think the recipient would get the original skin, but I don't like assuming things. "Don't think, MechWarrior; find out.")

The current say so is as long as the gear's the right material (IE Mail,Cloth,Plate) and not Silly looking like the frying pan Weapon, you're fine.

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

Any chance you'll create some items that will work for certain purposes? Hmm maybe this is a question for other players.

Are there "top only" cloth chest pieces with stats so the leg items can be seen ?
I'm rocking my tribal mage set right now.
It's going to be soo fun!! I'm going to mix n match stuff!!
Im in my set now, minus the boots. looking for some chunky boots with giant skulls on them from Ulduar.

Also have an axe ,mace and polearm model picked out for when i get an upgrade of those types, though i prefer the sword.

and holy jebus greens are a pain to farm up! Id much rather go after epic items that greens for ease of acquisition lol how backwards is that ?

The gear also still has to have stats aside from armor on it. That means that there are a lot of white or grey items that might not be available initially when Transmogrification goes live.

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

May I ask the reasoning behind the dev team's current outlook on the topic concerning hiding/showing pieces of gear other than head and cloak slot items?
What i would like to know is since you guys axed out a lot of older quest that gave out cool looking gear and items. Will you be providing another way of getting these weapons or gear. Say for instance the Ravencrest Legacy from the quest Treasure of the Timeless One. This had nice weapons to chose from for different classes. Please bring back.
changed my mind, this here is my stuff for transmog, got it all in one day, except the staff and crown, which i got back at lvl 60
Okey, I just came up with a good question (I think, anyway)!

Say I've got Shadow's Edge, and I transmogrify the skin onto Skullstealer Greataxe.

Now I finally finish the quest to upgrade to Shadowmourne.

A) Does Skullstealer Greataxe retain the skin? (I don't see why I wouldn't but must *know*.)

B) Can I use Skullstealer Greataxe to transmogrify the Shadow's Edge skin onto another axe, or would the recipient get the original Skullstealer Greataxe skin? (Again, I would think the recipient would get the original skin, but I don't like assuming things. "Don't think, MechWarrior; find out.")

Transmog will look like enchanting a weapon, you just need it at the time, so you can do A. You can't do B however, transmogging an item uses its original skin.

Yo Dax, Gnomeregan D!@*#

Just sayin'
I think it's silly that you can't have fun with transmogrification. When I suggested someone going after Rag (or DW) "equipped" with "fish" and looking like Nat Pagle's fishing buddy, the first response was "OMG, that would be *awesome!"

There are people in this game who enjoy facing down a boss in the latest and greatest, looking all heroic and splendid. There are others who enjoy a more humorous approach. Why punish the folks who like to have a little more fun?.

I feel punished when I have to be in groups with people like you after this idiotic feature goes in.
Look at mah gear... im so pretty.

Just because this feature is not your cup of tea, and just because you dont have a creative bone in your body does not mean this feature is idiotic.

What makes it idiotic is pretending we're superheros who need some sort of "signature look". That is an idiotic move to make.

09/23/2011 09:08 PMPosted by Raygun
I feel punished when I have to invite someone to a raid with a special character in their name. Outside of it being lame, outside of it looking like the lazy way out to get a "unique" name(lol) and outside of it being a royal pain to invite, it is against the EULA and reportable.

Gaelic has some words that use those characters, and as far as I know it is in no way against the EULA
Worgen's Tophat needs to be made into a green or something so's transmog will work on it.