So. Let's Talk Dress Up (PART 2)

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
Any chance rules will be bent for low-level psuedo-sets such as Battleforge Armor, where the gear itself is generally created for plate wearing classes, but its mail due to the item level?

Yes, please Blizz. I think it'd be kinda silly that -paladins- would be unable to transmog to the Scarlet set.
Would it be possible to make some items visible? Like held-in-off hand items on my mage and priest alts. They show up on the character select screen. I'd like to see them in game. Also, there should be way to toggle allowing your character to carry their weapon and shield in hand as a default. Particularly in heroics and raids, it would be nice to automatically run into battle with them (looking) armed. I hate pressing 'z' when I want to run with my weapons and shield in hand.
So, blues, can you answer me this:

What is wrong with silly? Yes, some people don't want Transmogrification because they think it'll add to the silliness factor of some people and their outfits. But honestly, what's wrong with it? I know I wouldn't mind going around pulling max DPS while smacking a mob with a face full of flowers. Yes, that's silly. And a pair of bunny ears. Silly. I might even wear a dress and tank. Yes, it looks weird to you, but I'm the one playing the character. I truly and genuinely want to know why silly is such a bad thing. You guys can't be so serious with these things, it's just a game that people play for fun.
Question about heirlooms.

So... what exactly is the point in Heirlooms even being able to xmog in the first place, if said xmogs disappear after mailing them to the characters that are intended to use them? Even though I've seen them 1-80/85 on pretty much all my toons, everything you pick up while levelling looks even worse. Random dungeon and quest blues/greens don't cut it and if you have a toon at 85 to get heirlooms in the first place, chances are you know how to play and would like to "look" like you know what you're doing. The rodeo clown suits from BC make me want to /wrist every time I'm forced to watch myself trot around wearing them. Maybe not able to xmog into tier sets, but at least remove some restrictions and let us xmog them into something that's WORTH looking at while they're being used and are actually useful to us.
Any chance rules will be bent for low-level psuedo-sets such as Battleforge Armor, where the gear itself is generally created for plate wearing classes, but its mail due to the item level?

I asked the same question about the Scarlet mail set and the Bloodknight random mail pieces. Still no answer yet. :)

/sadface if we can't use such great sets as plate wearers.

Count me in for sad face!
Question about heirlooms.

So... what exactly is the point in Heirlooms even being able to xmog in the first place, if said xmogs disappear after mailing them to the characters that are intended to use them? Even though I've seen them 1-80/85 on pretty much all my toons, everything you pick up while levelling looks even worse. Random dungeon and quest blues/greens don't cut it and if you have a toon at 85 to get heirlooms in the first place, chances are you know how to play and would like to "look" like you know what you're doing. The rodeo clown suits from BC make me want to /wrist every time I'm forced to watch myself trot around wearing them. Maybe not able to xmog into tier sets, but at least remove some restrictions and let us xmog them into something that's WORTH looking at while they're being used and are actually useful to us.

Not all the gear you pick up during quests and dungeons while leveling looks bad. Once you get into Wrath, your quest greens and blues start to look like they belong together, and then Cataclysm does the same, though when leveling so fast through the content, you kinda have a bunch of stuff from here and there until you reach 85 at which point you start collecting gear from a whole bunch of different places that may or may not go together. Dark colors seem to work very effectively at going together. I loved my night elf plate set going through Wrath and getting to 80. So sleek and stylish, and made me look like a badass, I must say. Now I have to go find those screen shots.
umm i have a question for the blizz guy. are there going to be set armors in the tnansmogrification vendors. so like for my alliance toon I love some of the gaurds armors so how would i get the gaurds armor and weapon designes.
Would it perhaps be a possibility to be able to transmogrify a mainhand and offhand into a staff? Like for casters having a mace/book equipped to look like a staff. this would be bad for melee like rogues and shamans, but i think it is fair for casters to have this option.

honestly if that wouldn't be possible i would end up just saying screw BIS mace/oh, ill just get a decent dps staff to look how i want to lol

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

Isn't that just a matter of decision? I don't understand much, but I think the "tech" to do this is just there. Can you give a clearer reason?

If you people are okay with customizing all the gear slots, why not with the choice of omitting belts and shoulders?

Belts sometimes are a nuisance when putting an outfit together. That's especially true for cloth robes.

Don't get me wrong, I love shoulders, but sometimes I just want to have a cleaner look. I wouldn't bother that much if shoulderpads weren't the massive things they are now.
Here's another idea for Transmog; what about unused tier set recolors that are already in the game files being available through transmog?
Regarding enchants. Will the Transmogrification weapons retain the original weapon enchant glows. Or will the item be stable as is.

Secondly, can the enchant looks themselves be Transmogrified.
IE, having the Mongoose look but using Power Torrent.
Posting in my new threads. Too bad my crown isn't showing up properly.
Regarding enchants. Will the Transmogrification weapons retain the original weapon enchant glows. Or will the item be stable as is.Secondly, can the enchant looks themselves be Transmogrified. IE, having the Mongoose look but using Power Torrent.

umm dude that question was already answered it dosent retain the enchant glows it just changes the designe
What about non white and grays like Sul'thraze the Lasher that don't actually have stats on them? Or is a proc or use sufficent?
Keeshan's Bandana possible for transmorg?

while it doesn't show it in the armory it gives

+18 Fire and Shadow resistance in game
So, since hats can just be hidden normally, is there any thought to letting a helm be any armor type you can wear, instead of only what the armor's base type is? For instance, I don't think there's any generic hoods that aren't cloth (maybe some leather), there's not much choice for a tiara or circlet type item, I know some warriors probably want the eyepatch look, and so on. Any chance the helm (and only the helm) can be the exception to the rule?
I will transmoginate my items into the most basic-looking items possible, just to laugh at Blizzard saying "We don't want teh sillehz!" while doing Heroics looking like a level 40 holding a level 14 green or something. (Plate gear, why can't I make you look like Mail armor?)
I do not know if this will get read but I will to give some input or ask something.

Would it be possible to hide tabards by any chance? I definitely think that hiding anything other cloak and helm should not be possible 'cause that would be just going overboard. But with tabards, I do not like to show some of the time. I like to show off my gear, especially when I have those rep tabards that clash with my gear :/. I hate clashing. I like having somewhat matching or contrasting gear. But some tabards do not really look that good or match with the rest of my gear so an option to hide tabard would be absolutely wonderful... And plus, the robe wearing classes can cheer in that they don't have to see their tabard being tucked into their belt. =)

As an aside, a lot of people have been asking about hiding shoulders, belts, etc. For now, it's looking pretty unlikely that we'll offer the option to hide anything aside from helm and cloak.

As a Fury Orc warrior.....I would one day like to be able to hide those.....or a Fury talent that doubles all my gears stats(excluding rings, trinkets, neck) and disables the use of upper gear :D

but thats not likely, so ill just have to transmog-whatever some gear that barely covers me : /