The *NEW* Worgen racial mounts ain't new...

General Discussion
Prev 1 18 19 20 26 Next
09/01/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Right now if you faction change to Worgen you lose your previous home-faction mounts, and so we’re also trying to correct that with this change.

That's... Really not helping the "OMG HORSE R BORING" argument any...
09/01/2011 02:48 PMPosted by Killercaitie
Right now if you faction change to Worgen you lose your previous home-faction mounts, and so we’re also trying to correct that with this change.

That's... Really not helping the "OMG HORSE R BORING" argument any...

No, but it solves the "bawww Horde get one achievement easier" problem, which is what the mounts are for.

lol really..so your QQ still because worgen has running wild in the first place...it is true they can't please everyone...thats why they need to take running wild away and just give worgen the boar..its a cool mount that all alliance could get..the QQ would be over

Bzzzzt, wrong. Worgen would then QQ because running wild was removed and they really liked it.

wrong i have a worgen and i don't care if i stand out or not...i don't even use the ability that often...the issue they are addressing is the imbalance of mounts...so in my eyes they had two options..add running wild to the achievement or add two mounts..they chose to add two horses that is already available...you see the problem..im guessing your someone that buys two of the same item just cause you can..
The sense of entitlement some people have here is just mind boggling. I took my 6 year old niece and nephew out for lunch the other day. One complained and was close to throwing a tantrum that they got less fries than the other. That's pretty much what I'm seeing from this thread lol
09/01/2011 02:49 PMPosted by Sernluz
No, but it solves the "bawww Horde get one achievement easier" problem, which is what the mounts are for.

It does. But really they could have just snuck them into the patch instead of going

LOOKIE! YOU HAS NEW MOUNTS!

THESE HORSES THAT WE ALREADY USED!

I mean, I'm happy they are adding them... But many people are not.

(Still gunna keep suggesting a penny wheel bike though! :D)
....Who cares if the mounts aren't unique, Worgen already have their cool mount effect.... Running Wild.
Adding these particular mounts in this particular fashion is very disappointing.

It encapsulates almost every recent customer complaint in one action:

- it rehashes existing content by pulling existing assets and labeling them as new

- it reinforces the perception of bias against one faction

- it shows a lack of imagination and creativity in design

- it looks like a rushed choice to balance out a game design problem

Most telling to me is how did anyone think this would go over ok? It was pretty obvious what the customer response would be and it's worrisome to think it was released anyways. I'm not ungrateful for two new mounts but there is a larger set of issues underneath all this.
UPDATE:

There was some miscommunication regarding the initial reason why these mounts were added. After talking with the devs again these mounts are actually being added because they already happened to be available and we thought it’d be nice to make them able to be purchased and ridden. Which is unfortunately quite a bit different than how we understood and framed the blog.

Their existence also allows us to give players that faction change to Worgen something in exchange for their old racial mount. Right now if you faction change to Worgen you lose your previous home-faction mounts, and so we’re also trying to correct that with this change.

They're being used because they're already available? Available as in already a mount in game or available as in you have the models? If you have the models, do you not have the ability to color them to something more desireable?
UPDATE:

There was some miscommunication regarding the initial reason why these mounts were added. After talking with the devs again these mounts are actually being added because they already happened to be available and we thought it’d be nice to make them able to be purchased and ridden. Which is unfortunately quite a bit different than how we understood and framed the blog.

lol What on god's green earth is going on?!
09/01/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Sernluz
I was only mad that worgen didn't get mounts that made them stand out.

Yeah, because Running Wild isn't unique at all. Everyone can get it.

Wait, no.

Worgen already have the most unique mount in the game - NO OTHER RACE can use it. They are also the only race in the game that can shapeshift as any class What else do you want to 'stand out'?

Cool story, bro. Good job on only reading the part of the post you like to complain about. :D I continued to say that Running Wild was pretty cool, if you'll just keep on going. I know the words are scary, but they're there and they won't bite, I promise!

Anyhow my point is that the alliance could have used some mounts that were obviously Gilnean and made them stand out as "hey I have my worgen rep up!" You know that fun feeling you get as a troll when you get your first Org wolf? Yeah that's pretty fun, right?
09/01/2011 02:41 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Are you serious? Because if I race change to Worgen right now all it'd take is a trip to the SW mount vendor and I'd have that mount, and all it'd take is a trip back to Darnassus to get back the NE mount so I'm not understanding that statement. The Mount. Already. Exists. For another. Race.
09/01/2011 11:57 AMPosted by Klaxle
And btw, what happened to the pig mounts I heard worgen would get at Cataclysm BETA?

They were considered too alien for Gilneas.

Which I agree with.

Now if we had worgens coming from that extraplanar dimension that Arugal summoned them from, and they were part of the Alliance, Giant Were-Boars would have been appropriate.
09/01/2011 02:52 PMPosted by Killercaitie
It does. But really they could have just snuck them into the patch instead of going

Unless they plan on adding new mount achievements in the same patch, which people would datamine and proceed to the forums to complain about the faction imbalance.
Actually, these Horses are the models used in the Grizzly Hills and are NOT the same model of the SW racial ones. No matter how bland you see them as, no mount has had this model.

(Except for maybe the Hitch Horse, but those are a pain to obtain :P)
Can I RP that my horse is Old Blanchy's long lost daughter?
We will still have running wild right? I personally like it.
09/01/2011 02:51 PMPosted by Aquraghma
wrong i have a worgen and i don't care if i stand out or not...

Because clearly, you are the only person who has an opinion that matters.

the issue they are addressing is the imbalance of mounts...so in my eyes they had two options..add running wild to the achievement or add two mounts

Wrong. Making Running Wild a mount would instead give all races that aren't Worgen an imbalanced mount count, and thus doesn't solve the problem.

im guessing your someone that buys two of the same item just cause you can..

No, I'm not. But I bet you every mount collector in the game is going to log in and immediately go buy these mounts, because that's who they were made for.
I really did think Blizzard was trolling the Alliance today when I first read that. It was the funniest thing to see this morning. HEY!! Look at the new mounts we're giving you. They're....plain old horses lol Will I get one on my Alliance toons? Sure...why not?? It will just add to the long list of other mounts I have that I don't use lol.