BS Profession Patch 4.3 - Old Rare Epics

Professions
1 2 3 9 Next
Seeing as patch 4.3 will be all about Transmogrification it would be awesome if Blizzard could reintroduce in a future Patch down the track the following Blacksmithing Patterns (amongst others) back into the game:

Lionheart Executioner
Lionheart Champion

Dragonstrike
Dragonmaw

If you agree with this thread please feel free to leave some positive feedback.

seems u and i have the same problem... i just now went to look for the trainer and it seems hes AFK for life... im quite angry that this is now an issue....
There are several threads about this so hopefully "someone" will notice and respond about the plans to/not to bring these plans back. I personally really hope they bring these back to be learned. I never learned them while leveling this toon and always intended to go back...but now you cant get them. I would really love to get the patterns back.
100% Agreed.
I only found out after I recently went to the Shatt BS training think oh yeah these rare patterns would be here ... and I was like wtf? lol

Baby please bring them back, I want you back !!
They're not rare patterns, they're just one of the long list of things that has changed over the years.

I have 2xDragonstrike in my bank (leveled Blacksmithing for one, then they made it 1H not MH, so I made another for D/W Dragon Badassitude). I kept them even though I dropped Blacksmithing for JC in Wrath and couldn't equip them for two years.

Maybe they'll put in a transmog-skin for it from DMF, or reuse the models.

That'd really make much more sense. There's not a person in the game that would make it to use as a real weapon anymore, even if you were a 70 twink/retro player, Brutal Gladiator's Pummeler is available for 245 honor.
Dragonstrike and Brutal Gladiator's Pummeler do not look the same, we shouldnt be passing up for substitutes.

There was no proper reason why they were removed from the game when BS got revamped.

i agree this is pretty lame (:
They were very inconsistent with these, which is curious.

Example: Primal Mooncloth Robe is still in game (and trainable) and boe

Same thing with the other two old tailoring specialization sets: They are all still trainable instead of only with those who first trained it before the patch, and they were all transformed to be boe items.

Any old items from the Blacksmithing and Leatherworking sets are no longer trainable, and are still bop. Those who trained the pattern beforehand still have it around.

09/07/2011 09:32 PMPosted by Opcyberbully
Dragonstrike and Brutal Gladiator's Pummeler do not look the same, we shouldnt be passing up for substitutes.

I didn't say they looked the same, smart guy. I said the Pummeler was a better weapon, more easily obtained, and that you can safely say that anyone who wants Dragonstrike just wants it for the style. Therefore it makes more sense to wish for another weapon with the model, or a mog skin from the DMF (a la T3).

Sure, you don't care because you have blacksmithing leveled already...just weren't around in BC. But, if they're going to go to the trouble of making sure new players have access to a cool weapon model like Dragonstrike, they're not going to do it by saying "Yeah ok, we'll put BoP Smithing weapons back in the game 3 years after they were obsolete"
09/08/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Mnevis
they're not going to do it by saying "Yeah ok, we'll put BoP Smithing weapons back in the game 3 years after they were obsolete"

Why wouldn't they?

They should have never been removed. Everyone turned a blind eye to it because they were all focusing on LK content.

09/08/2011 01:16 PMPosted by Mnevis
didn't say they looked the same, smart guy. I said the Pummeler was a better weapon, more easily obtained, and that you can safely say that anyone who wants Dragonstrike just wants it for the style.

The Pummeler that you linked in the above post is a stupid looking weapon, period. The argument of the Pummeler being a better weapon is of no relevance.

Wanting a weapon such as Dragonstrike or Lionheart Executioner for "it's style" as you put it, is the whole point of Patch 4.3.
I know it's for style. I said that. And then I said it again. My point about the pummeler was exactly that you or anyone else would only conceivably want Dragonstrike for style.

My point is, like T3, and whatever else they offer at the Darkmoon Faire...stuff they're bringing back for style is unlikely to be brought back in exactly the same manner it was in the game years ago. In this case, as a tiered blacksmithing weapon.

Sure it could, and that would be sorta fine for you because you're a blacksmith. I suppose they could make it BoE, but still, I find it very unlikely that they'd take the time to put something back in the game from four years ago and make people farm khorium and primals etc, just for a style weapon.

It doesn't really make sense that they took them out, it appears they did. You're better off asking for the model to be reused on something on something relevant as a weapon not as a retro set, or added to the list of things to please give us mog-skins of via the new Darkmoon Faire. And that is an idea I'd get behind. I could dig using these on my rogue, but not if I have to level blacksmithing or spend thousands (in gold or time) on farming old mats.

As an aside: why the hell did they spell 'pummeler' with only one 'L'? My brain keeps thinking it's wrong.
A second aside: your name is in all kinds of violation of the naming rules, and just makes me want to disagree with you more.
I for one would like to see the old bs specializations return to the world. They were fun quests and the armour and weapons looked cool as well. If that isn't going to happen though I would seriously like any weapon or armour etc, to be revamped to become boe.

Just a thought.
I for one would like to see the old bs specializations return to the world. They were fun quests and the armour and weapons looked cool as well. If that isn't going to happen though I would seriously like any weapon or armour etc, to be revamped to become boe.

Just a thought.

I am completly for this, Alchemy still has Specializations, Bring Back Weaponsmiths and Armorsmiths, How about being able to substitute X amount of Pyrium (maybe 9 per) for Y Truegold When Crafting your specialized patterns[So a when a Weaponsmith crafts a weapon he can substitute, or a armorsmith crafts armor]

That would be Appreciated, or bring back the tiered armor/weapons for current patches
For what its worth, the GM i spoke with about this confirmed it was a bug, and that the patterns were still meant to be available in game. Obviously this is one GM's comment, but at least there is hope of their return.
I vendored my Lionheart Executioner a long time ago. Now I wish I did not.
these weapons definitely need to come back into the game

im remaking my 70 warrior that deleted and can't get back, and i used fireguard to tank with and lionheart for dps, and it would be great to have those for my twink