Class Feedback – Hunter

Hunter
Prev 1 7 8 9 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics/Raids/Dailies

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Spirit Beasts should be tamable by all hunter specs. We don't use BM in dungeons or raids - especially at 85. It would be great to use these rare pets all the time.

What makes playing your class more fun?

Not having to worry about mana and still playing ranged. My pets!!!

What makes playing your class less fun?

Not having a silencing shot in survival spec.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Procs seem to come much slower than with some of my other toons.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

We appreciate the extra 20 pets we can have but could we get a few more?
Being able to quickly dismiss my pet to get another out - especially helpful in dungeons if the tank dies and we need a tenacity pet to help finish boss fight. Pet rez could be quicker too.

What spells do you use the least? Arcane Shot. All Melee spells.
quickly answering the post above, you want spirit beasts? then go bm, i raid as bm and i do 31k on a burts and constant 26, still should be little higher damage, and yeah i use spirit beatss because they automatically heal someone with spirit mend if theyre too low, saves some people on firelands bosses

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
i do pve mostly but i enjoy pvp on my hunter too

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
i love raiding i only dislike the valor cap

mostly BGS and RBGS arena when i can but not much

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
focus was a nice thing to have but on some fights i have to go fox and no we dont like that aspect at all, because we loose a big amount of ap to regenerate focus and we lower our dps by switching to those

i love the ability of disengage, kinda hard to make you leap on right direction sometimes,
i love pets, its my favorite part of the hunters

changing aspects from hawk to fox constantly some fights, having fox nd cobra/ stedy the only ways to regain focus fast enough as a bm hunter mostly i often switch my pets during boss fights, to have an special ability a silence or change to the damage pet, it would be nice for bms to have instant switch, of course with diminishing returns or added cd (like equipping a trinket) for the special ability of the pet (i.e. roar of recovery, roar of sacrifice etc)
currently marksman is averagin 30k dps while bm ans surv are below 25k, a little buff here, i see shadow priests, moonkins, feral druids, rogues and demo warlocks do easily 28k
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
i like bm rotation, gives me lot of freedom to move while still doing it, as marksman i like that it is constant, pehaps a little boring sometimes

make disengage behave like heroic leap, add more stable slots, i already filled them =P, a dinosaur spirit beast!!! hell yeah!, and give us again a shot to drain mana, pvp fights with healers are damn ridiculous, and finnaly remove daze effect from chetah and pack, i mean cmon, placing a slow on you should neglect effects of it and slow you to the correct % (ie you have chetah on and a mage cast slow on you, you still have the aspect on but it doesnt benefit you anymore plus youre moving at 75% speed if slow is 25%

What spells do you use the least?
immolation trap its useless explosive does way more damage, beast lore i use it sometimes but used to be good to tell what attacks the pet had you could make it passive with beast tracking on, raptor strike, really? doesnt hit for anything back in the day used to give a good amount of damage while you moved towards an enemy
Mostly PvE, but PvP occasionally

Heroics, Raids, taming pets, achievements

BGs, although I would like to do Rated BGs if our guild could get a group together to do it

I absolutely hate the minimum range for hunters. It makes playing at times 'not fun' and is always frustrating. I love pets - almost all pets - and would love to have some mechanic to have stable slots store each type of pet. For instance, I have all the spirits beasts and would like for all of them to only take one stable slot, with maybe a expandable list for that slot to pick which one to use. I love a lot of cats, etc. Maybe this wouldn't be worth it for most, but pets are what make me happy playing WoW. Also, it's too easy to run out of focus using muli-shot, especially doing lower content. If the mob dies too fast, there's no way to regen focus, which is very frustrating. I would love to have a better way to aoe in those situations.

Pets!! :) I also enjoy being high on the dps meters. I want to have the chance to top the meters if I play correctly.

Minimum range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't like the MM rotation right now of having to hard cast aimed shot for the first 10% of a boss fight. It doesn't feel right to not be able to take advantage of artisan quiver while using aimed shot, and the long cast time is just a pain to use. I feel that the serpent sting can fall off too easily. It would be nice to have a little more time. I enjoy playing SV but would love to have a bigger dps shot included somewhere in the rotation. I always feel underpowered playing SV, although overall dps is good, so that makes it 'not fun' to play. During burn phases there doesn't seem to be much to do to push dps. I would love to play BM so that I could use my spirit beasts, but always go with the highest dps specs, both to help the guild in raids but also to try to personally top the dps meters.

Some way of being able to tame more pets/pet skins. I LOVE pets!! :) Having 25 pets slots was huge, but I want more! Also, please, please, please do away with minimum range. Also, I would love to be able to change guns into bows, since I hate to loud gun sound. Overall, most of the changes for hunters over the past few years have made the game more fun to play. It would be nice to figure out some way to make the trap launcher work more easily. I have a hard time fitting all the skills on my bars, and some skills I'm slow just because I can't access them quickly, or find them on my bars fast enough.

The melee skills.
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Mainly PVE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Mainly Raiding and heroics for valor

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Outdoor pvp nothing serious

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Pets: Hunter pets (non-BM) currently do less dps then a shadow fiend or fire elemental and die frequently more. The higher a pets damage contribution is to a hunter the worse things become in terms of pet intercept time to an encounter, Dots killing the pets, or flying enemies. I'm not really sure what would be the best way to resolve this but the most reasonable would be offering a ranged pet. Hunters are a ranged class which anywhere from 15-45% of their damage is required to melee making them not so much a ranged class at that point.
    Overview:
    - 10 second pet Resurrection
    - High damage dots killing pets (PVE)
    - Flying enemies/distance between targets
    -Hunter pets doing less damage then guardians of other classes

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Aimed shot doing alot of damage and chimera shot interacting between stings. Serpent thing has been a boring shot since vanilla when it wasn't even worth casting. Now its worth casting but barely. Chimera shot's interaction with serpent sting made the shot more interesting.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• -Minimum range is unbelievably frustrating, with how GCD restrained the class is now and how little damage all our melee attacks do whats the point in keeping this relic of a time when raptor strike could 1 shot rogues around? Its terribly annoying on any fight where you are targeting something that jumps near you or just runs by mid aimed shot only to have the shot cancelled due to min range. It makes no sense at all why you can't fire at point blank range.
    -Marksmen constantly being the best dps spec for the class. It was somewhat interesting about mid way through Tier 11 content when all three specs were doing comparable damage. Its not realistic but limitations on pets and encounter design will always hold BM back and marks scales too well with weapon damage compared to the other specs even with its weaker mastery.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Marksmen's rotation is playable but its far too complicated for the average player to maximize. Making it also the highest possible dps spec is a general disservice to the community at a whole by doing so; survival is close but marksmen strips past it by a large margin in most encounters.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• -Ranged pet or mechanic that turns the pet into a dot
    -No pet for marksmen/survival as an option
    -Removal of intimidation for a ranged pet attack on the same cooldown as kill command
    -BM talent high in the tree to reduce pet res time by 4-8 seconds
    -Change marksmen's mastery to reduce armor or increase phsyical damage and return wildquiver to a talent deep in the marksmen tree
    -Give Survival a talent to make cobra shot into a DoT that also increases its total damage, flavor difference from BM
    or
    Give BM a focus generating attack that originates from the pet to allow for more pet synergy and better use of the BM mastery
    -Survival actually being better at staying alive then the other two trees, or just change the name to something else. Meaningful damage reduction, self heal, sacrifice pet for health something along those lines.

• What spells do you use the least?

Immolation Trap: Why does this spell exist still?
Beast Lore: Would be nice if this did something else as well
Tracking: Would be nice to have talent synergy again with these
Raptor Strike/Mongoose Bite: These used to keep melee at bay, now they do next to do damage
Feign Death: In raids this ability has been trivialized due to the recent threat changes. Would be nice to get some sort of meaningful damage reduction out of it for PVE raiding.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE mostly.
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics and soloing old dungeons for giggles.
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
If I PvP, it's mostly BGs. I haven't pvp'd in quite some time though.
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The Pet Bar bug is quite annoying at the moment. Otherwise, needing more stable space.
■What makes playing your class more fun?
I've always enjoyed being a ranged class. Plus the pets are pretty nifty.
■What makes playing your class less fun?
Having to spam a low damage ability in order to regain focus.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's fine with a good connection- however, when I lag, things get out of hand a little too quickly.
■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Being able to use a pet as a mount/tame a mount, interrupt ability (such as Silencing Shot) for all specs.
■What spells do you use the least?
Widow Venom, Aspect of the Wild, Scare Beast.
What type of content do you focus on? [Both]

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Raids, heroics only at the start of the xpac to get gear for raids or when people ask me to dps for bear mounts etc.]

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, I do BGs on other characters]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Pets... having the pets follow you around while mounted and then despawning when they fall behind if you get into combat, simply make them travel at mount speed regardless of being in or out of combat. This is not a huge issue for hunters since it's an instant resummon, but for other classes such as warlocks, they could soulburn summon... but it really is a pain. Other classes such as unholy dk's and frost mages have cd's on their summons and they may be on cd which can happen when doing dailies on pvp servers.

Hunter mobility relies too heavily on pets in PVP, one of the main strats for arenas is to cc the healer, kill the hunter pet, then train the hunter. Without the pet, the hunter loses 2 means of getting out of melee range(if using a spider or some other root/stun pet). The argument is to use a pet with a 10min cd instant pet res, but I believe all of those only have 1 means of getting out of melee range (masters call). This wouldn't be as big of an issue if it wasn't for the 10sec cast on pet res without haste, and the fact that it is 1 of 2 interruptable spells(that I know of, the other being to catch a pet).

What makes playing your class more fun? It's very unique being the only physical ranged class, also the class has a lot of utility in raiding environments.

5 yard dead zone(I realize the dead zone is in reference to the old 5-10yards, but who honestly believes that a hunter does anything useful in his 5 yard dead zone that couldn't be done better at range?) The 5 yard dead zone results in a lot of hunter hugging in pvp, we get lots of love from our enemies but none from blizzard in terms of our 5yard useless zone. I have played other classes in pvp v. hunters, they attack me, I run into their dead zone, slow them, and proceed to kill them. Even as a caster, getting into a hunter's 5 yard dead zone usually results in winning the game.

The dead zone is an interesting concept, but in reality it proves to be very limited in usefulness to get your point across that the class is using a bow/gun/crossbow and thus they "theoretically" should have a tough time shooting someone point blank range. Has anyone in blizzard seen the Lord of the Rings series, Legolas totally owned face by strait up stabbing orcs in the face with his arrows if they got too close, or at least was still able to shoot until about 3 yards.

Besides that, lag/latency (I play with I believe 50ms wired connection, fiber optics internet) plays a huge role into the limiting factor of the 5yard dead zone. Playing as a hunter, sometimes you run into situations where you are 10-15 yards away from someone, kiting them through a frost trap and they (as a melee class) are hitting you, but you cannot hit them(I have seen warriors doing this, they then take 1 step backwards, sometimes half a step back from being able to attack me and are able to charge which I believe is 10yards+). The reverse happens as well where as a melee you may or may not be hitting the hunter within the 5 yard dead zone, while he is still attacking you. Granted the second situation is not an issue that needs to be addressed, it was simply an example of latency at work. The first example is very demoralizing to hunters, when they play right kiting and getting to range and still not being able to attack.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
the rotation is fine for PVE
For PVP, I feel like marks is less than what it should be in terms of potency when dealing with melee. Hunters cannot hard cast aimed shot, I'm ok with that, but having a proc chance one steady shot that has to get to 5 stacks in order to use aimed shot isn't that amazing when you cannot cast a steady shot due to being loved(hugged) by the enemy team. As survival, I have played games where I have received so much love from the enemy team that my serpent sting fell off(did not get refreshed once) of my main target because I could not cobra shot it.

Losing the 5yard dead zone. Fixing hunter mobility in terms of relying on pets.

Widows venom, there's others but I can't think of them at the moment, since I don't use them too often.
What type of content do you focus on?
Both.
PvE: I know that it can be pretty hard, but try to make some battle less different from the "usual". A kind of battle that I liked was Jin'Do's where we don't need to actually kill the boss, but the chains. Or yet a fight where you don't need to be very well geared at all, but to move quickly/hit the right target as it pops up and so on.
About the quests, you did great with the quests on Cataclysm, with the "cinematics" and "phasings". Keep doing things like that. ;)
PvP: More arenas, please. I'm not a great PvPer, but the game seems to have so few arenas and that's sad.

Versatility. A hunter can be useful on a group in many way, not only DPSing. Plus, we can tame many pets which make each one of us "unique".

The lack of some good epic pets. We dont have good rare bear pets, for example.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Great. It gots to a mid term where we dont have to use too many different skills, neither too few.

1) More rare pets, as stated before;
2) It could be interesting if the hunter could merge his aspects with his/her current pet. A hunter with a tiger, for example, could use a especific stance where he/she could stealth more efficiently.
3) Bring Volley back, please, even if it meant to be a long cooldown high DPS AoE. :)
4) How about using food to give our pets some buffs, much like we do with feasts?
5) Give us an Alarm Trap, so we can denounce those filthy rogues trying to stab our poor priest!

1) Scare Beast. Most of time its more wise to Wyvern Sting/Frost Trap it;
2) Eagle Eye. Sadly, I only use it for fun's sake.

Btw, sorry for the crap English. Not my natural language.
1. What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I focus on both, though I much prefer PvE. This expansion I focused on PvP because I'm still not 100% used to using focus.

2. If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I used to raid and do dungeons, though I enjoy questing quite a bit. I took this expac off from hardcore PvE content, though, as my work schedule doesn't permit me to have a set time off.

3. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I do unrated BGs. When my boyfriend hits 85 we'll do arenas.

4. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
--- Too many keybindings. As a marks hunters I have to have the following abilities available to me at all times: Hunters Mark with pet attack macro (because having pet attack used separately is annoying), Silencing Shot, Kill Shot, Mend Pet, Readiness, Rapid Fire, Master's Call, Freezing Trap, Frost Trap, Trap Launcher, Steady Shot, Serpent Sting, Chimera Shot, Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Disengage, Deterrence, Feign Death, Camo, flying mount, ground mount, and my racial (in this case Shadowmeld). I don't have enough keybindings nor fingers to fit the last two traps. That's 25 keybindings total, 20 if you don't include mounts, the last two traps, and camo.

Compared to my other most commonly played classes, my mage, who only has 8 keybindings, paladin who only has 9, and priest who has 7, that's an absurd number of keybindings. I'd love it if we could find a way to consolidate abilities.

--- Serpent Sting seems useless. I completely understand the mechanics behind it, but I apply it just to get a sweet damage buff when I use Chimera. Why not make it like the paladin level 85 ability and give you a nice buff depending on your spec? BM could have a % increase in pet damage, marks could have a % increase in chimera damage, and SV could have... something. (I don't know, I don't play SV at all.) All of these buffs would be activated by the spec's specialty shot so it's not a constant thing.

--- I hate how focus regen is linked to two abilities. It should regenerate like energy or runic power.

--- Min. range. We should be able to deal ranged damage from zero to 40 yards. Since hunters are not meleers, we shouldn't have any melee abilities. Trust me, we'll still try and run away because we're still squishy in mail.

--- Allow us to choose our pet's spec. I'd love to have my pet nether ray out more often, but he's so squishy compared to my cat and scorpion.

--- Daze on Pack/Cheetah. If we have it then druids should have it on travel form. Since they don't have it, we shouldn't either.

--- The new pet bar is odd. I preferred the old method of passive, defensive, and aggressive.

5. What makes playing your class more fun?
--- I enjoy playing the class because I know the inside and outs of my spec. I love to kite things around, being able to see the whole fight without having my face in the boss's crotch/butt, and I take advantage of having a pet (let them fend off mobs while I mine, for instance). I enjoy being able to save the healer with a well placed trap, distract mobs and keep them away from people, and solo old content.

6. What makes playing your class less fun?
--- Pretty much everything I stated in the quality of life question.

7. How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-- It's fine, I just wish that steady wasn't required for focus regen. I'm fine with it being related to a haste buff, but I hate the focus regen aspect of it.

8. What’s on your wish list for your class?
--- A dual pet ability on a medium length cooldown that lets you have two pets out at once for a short time.

--- No melee range.

--- Hunters being able to effectively tank using their pet and special shots dedicated to tanking. (I'm aware this is a pipe dream, but that's why I love my pally, and I'd play my hunter a lot more if she could tank.)

--- Removal of useless skills (Eyes of the beast, eagle eye, beast lore, raptor strike, etc.)

--- Ability to choose the spec of our pet.

--- Let us see our ranged weapon on our back instead of our melee weapons.

--- Consolidation of skills.

9. What spells do you use the least?
Beast Lore (do we still have that?), Eye of the beast, that venom shot that I can't remember, Eagle Eye... I'm sure there's more but I've forgotten.
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE, no PvP
* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics, Raids (when time allows), random world adventures
* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A
* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Pets not jumping off where I do if there is a path down available; flying pets not being able to attack flying targets
* What makes playing your class more fun? Pets with obscure/unique/cool looks that few others have; having a significant % of my damage coming from my pet
* What makes playing your class less fun? Not being able to handle groups of 3 or more strong mobs
* How do you feel about your “rotation”? BM is not a very proc-reliant spec, which I like. Killing Streak, however, has too short of a proc time, and it's disappointing how often I have to watch it fade away because I didn't get to it within 1 GCD of the Kill Command cooldown finishing.
* What’s on your wish list for your class? Bring back Eyes of the Beast, or some other kind of direct control of pets! Also, taming flying animals for mounts, or being able to ride pets that could reasonably be expected to fly; adding lesser drakes (not dragonkin, drakonids, or whelps) as a new pet family.
* What spells do you use the least? Beast Lore, Wing Clip (just use Frost Trap if I need slowing), Snake Trap (would use it more often if they didn't do insignificant damage).
09/12/2011 11:03 AMPosted by Rambette
Spirit Beasts should be tamable by all hunter specs. We don't use BM in dungeons or raids - especially at 85. It would be great to use these rare pets all the time.

NO, just no. There are plenty of rare pets for non bm hunters. What would bm have if not spirit beats and exotics? What would be the point of rolling bm?
1.What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

2.If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

All kinds.

3.If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Mostly BGs. Arena when i find someone who wants to arena with me. Never get a chance to do RBG.

4.What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The pet bar from disappearing almost every time i dismount or just randomly while I'm fighting. Minimum range of 5 yards makes you feel useless when you have to stack up to aoe, especially on alot of the fights in FL that require you to be behind a boss/next to a boss in some way.

5.What makes playing your class more fun?

Having one of the best CC's in the game (Freezing Trap) and using it to its full potential. Love the focus as a resource. MM, BM, and Surv are fun. Though BM/MM seem to be the only *good* PvP specs. Also the fact that i can run and still cast auto shot.

6.What makes playing your class less fun?

Like what was said on #4, the minimum range make alot of stuff nowadays a bit annoying (mostly pvp though). Pet being clunky and has a hard time being in range for Kill Command. Being the weakest class vs pillar humping teams in 2s, but that's probably there for a good reason.

7.How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Love my *Shot Priority* for MM, BM, and Surv. The only really bad thing about Surv is that Mastery should be sooo much more useful than it is right now.

8.What’s on your wish list for your class?

What everyone else wants: Dual wield pistols for starters;maybe making it the melee range weapon of choice for us for like 0-20 yards or something like that. Making the pet actually be in range for a Kill command when he is already on him. Making mastery as good as crit.

9.What spells do you use the least?

Widow Venom- Cost focus and is a waste of the GCD for any hunter.
Tracking isnt really important anymore now that the talent on the old surv tree is gone.
Feed pet- I haven't used that spell in 3 years now. Wow that's a long time.
Snake trap- If the dmg from the snake or health of them isn't increased, may as well get rid of it cause it causes more problems than helps.

*I may have repeated a few of the things on more than one topic*

Heroics, Some PVP, Raid when I can

BG's

No Ammo, No mana (thank goodness), Move and Shoot is good.

Using pets. BM is a pet spec and should be focused around it. Pet special abilities

Being BM and pets still not meaning much in rotation or in the spec as a whole. More pet interaction would make it more interesting. Also pet skills have become lack luster.

Feels bland (BM). Burst then recover using Cobra shot. Needs more pet interaction

More pet interaction, better pet special abilities, BM changing its final tier skill. Beast Mastery should be on by default for picking the spec. Make the BM last tier talent Awesome

Snake trap, traps in general because shooting them takes way to long to interrupt a rotation. Widow shot, nature aspect
Both

Heroics, raids, old raid solos, etc

Mostly BGs, some arenas and rated BGs.

Minimum range!!! plz make it go away

Lots of insta shots, ability to cast while moving, ability to look at almost any old content and say "i can solo this" , huge hunter community that put out a constant steam of blog post, forum theory crafting discussion, handy web apps like female dwarf, podcasts and hunter memes

The trap launcher system is very clunky, i find it barely usable with cast seq macros . But more so in pvp where we have moving targets i find it impossible to ice block ppl.

PvE our rotation is awesome, its simple and straight forward to pickup , and a\ skilled hunter can putout 10-20% more dps then a non skilled one.

* We need a interrupt/silencing ability across all specs
* BM and MM have self heals, but they are too little. Atleast make bandages heal thru dots :(
* Minimum range !!! plz make it go away
* Frost trap and Ice trap on separate cool downs plz.

* widow venom , not as awesome as DKs necrotic strike
* Immolation trap
* snake trap, unless i have entrapment speced , then its handy as a root.

If i have the liberty to add my own question

What specs do you use the least?
*SV , it doesn't have the dps MM has for raids or utility , CC and heals for PvP. BM is kinda in the same boat , but its fun for questing and solo and viable in pvp.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] all of the above

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

The pets of course lol

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Minimuim range...focus...not being able to self heal even a little bit except for having a spirit beast. Our AOE spell.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

For spells to either require less focus or to have a bigger pool of it. I miss our old AOE spells. I liked that I could AOE an area instead of just specific targets. It would be awesome if the minimuim range was gone. Casters dont have a minimuim range..and I should be able to shoot someone regardless if they are on me or 10 feet away from me. A cool new trap would be awesome too.

■What spells do you use the least?

any melee ones.
Q: What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
A: I mainly focus on PvE content.

Q: If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
A: I do heroics, raids, and other things from time to time.

Q: If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
A: I mainly play BG's and sometimes Arena to help others out.

Q: What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
A: At this time, my quality-of-life issue is the Flintlocke's Woodchucker chicken proc. I think that the chicken that shoots out of your bow/gun should be a big bigger similar to the spell called Pyro Blast that is used by Mages.

Q: What makes playing your class more fun?
A: I like playing a Hunter because I am more viable to each situation. I have a way to handle each of the situation at any given time with the tools available to me.

Q: What makes playing your class less fun?
A: It is a bit complicated to figure out on when to use a certain ability in different situations. You're shooting arrows most of the time so, it can get boring if you're not into seeing arrows being shot at your target all the time.

Q: How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
A: I believe that the rotation is a bit clunky at this time. The rotation for MM consists of many changes throughout the fight but, the rotation for Survival consists of very fluid rotation between the timers of spells. I believe that the MM rotation should feel fluid instead of feeling clunky. Here are the two rotations:

Marksmanship: Hunter's Mark-Serpent Sting-Rapid Fire-Aimed Shot-Steady Shot until the boss reaches below 90% HP (Make sure to refresh Chimera Shot throughout this rotation). Once the boss reaches below 90% HP, you switch to using Steady Shot x5-6 and then use Chimera Shot-Arcane Shot-Arcane Shot. You do that rotation on the boss until it reaches below 20%. Once that happens, you do Chimera Shot-Kill Shot-Arcane Shot-Arcane Shot-Steady Shot x5-6.

Survival: Hunter's Mark-Serpent Sting-Explosive Shot-Black Arrow-Cobra Shot. You simply continue doing this rotation through out the fight. The Cobra Shot refreshes the Serpent Sting so, you don't have to worry about re-applying it throughout the encounter. You also use Arcane Shot if your focus is capping. It is much more easier and feels more fluid than Marksmanship.

Q: What’s on your wish list for your class?
A: I am hoping that the spell which allowed you to control your pet (Eyes of the Beast) is added back in the game. Other than that I am hoping that all of the Hunter Specializations feel more fluid than they are right now.

Q: What spells do you use the least?
A: Eagle Eye, Beast Lore, and Immolation Trap.
I play a marks hunter in Firelands normal modes (hopefully moving into heroics soon, the guild’s pretty casual). I pvp casually (read: once a month, if that), and avoid arenas like the plague.

I agree that the pet bar bug can be annoying, but in terms of quality of life issues, my biggest concern, particularly for marks, is how gearing up, based on the availability of stats in the current tier, can drastically impact your rotation and, ultimately, your DPS. I feel like with every other upgrade I’m trying to siphon off haste without dropping below the hit cap (or stacking a useless amount of hit above it) and juggling my chimaera shot glyph in order to reconstruct some semblance of a rotation. If I have too much haste, I do less dps due to the way chim shot won’t line up with the necessary arcane shot/steadyx2 in order to keep up improved steady shot and dump excess focus.

Granted, the more I play at these high haste levels, the easier it gets, but adjusting to every upgrade initially feels like a downgrade. I understand that the class design philosophy is intentionally drifting toward a priority cycle, but it feels at times as if the priority becomes harder to reach based on how much (or how little) haste you have. Others may not agree, but I’ve played a lot of specs and roles this expansion (I have 5 other 85s that all have dual specs that see regular play) but I feel like no other class is as drastically impacted by individual gear changes as the marks hunter.

One minor gripe, I don’t like resummoning my pet every time I die in pve, especially if the pet doesn’t die. I get that it feels a little less interactive and more of a third weapon type if the pet is just there, all the time, but after 15-20 Rag wipes in a given night, that’s one button I’m really tired of hitting.

I would like BM to be a viable pve spec again, please. :) I love including my pet in a rotation, and being able to use the unique models only available to BM hunters.

While I’m thinking about it, give us a unique rare wolf model that isn’t a spirit beast!

Spells I use the least: immolation trap. Really have not found a situation in pve where it was useful. I know I technically have serpent sting up the entire fight, but with chim shot I only actually cast it once. So… it’s not a spell I ‘use’ regularly. Otherwise I’m pretty happy with the array of abilities used for my particular spec, and I feel like there’s a variety based on how much health the boss has, if there are adds out, and if I’m kiting anything.

I might note that overall I am very happy with my chosen class, even though I haven't been playing it very long in the grand scheme of things.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] -I focus on PVE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] -Raids heroic raid encounters to be exact.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]- N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. - The rotation for both MM and Survival really only consists of a few main abilities and the rotation is so tight there isn't any room to play around and have fun with your abilities if your trying to really push top dps for heroic encounters. Also it seems like 90% of hunters get stuck with only Using their wolf pet for 5% crit to raid. It's helpful but gets boring always using the same pet.

What makes playing your class more fun? - I love being a physical damage deal from range. All the Benefits of being a melee while getting the benefits of sitting at range. I love seeing dps near the top of the charts pretty consistently. I also really enjoy the utility we can bring to the raid for missing buffs/debuffs.

What makes playing your class less fun? - Having the same pet out all the time. Bow durability wearing out so fast. Repetitive rotation.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) - It's easy enough to master but as I stated before it leaves no room to experiment or just have fun with your skills. So many unused skills depending on your spec.

What’s on your wish list for your class? - A few things. 1. A new type of pet skill tree. Instead of the one made to look like a player tree how about a more pet mastery based tree. Let the play pick which type of raid buffs their favorite looking pet brings to the raid. So people can either focus on a heavy defence type pet or all out damage or super raid supportive. I think that would make pets a lot more interesting. 2. I would LOVE hunters to get a set of abilities to change their ammo type. Like Fire arrows to lower armor/ frost arrows to slow enemy attack/ nature to lower resistance or increase magic damage/ sharpened arrows to increase physical damage. That kinda stuff I think it would be really fun to bring even more raid utility to hunters and give our main form attack some new awesomeness we haven't got in a long time.

What spells do you use the least? Snake trap and Imolation trap are used almost never in pve. Unless your BM you never use kill command. And you only ever use serpent sting in pve. Raptor strike. Most tracking abilities.

Hopefully this helps and gives you all some ideas :D!

PVE

Heroic Raids

Pet bugs still rampant (whether it's specific debuffs they bring not applying as a first priority, disappearing pet bar, disconnecting in a game not allowing you to call your pet when reconnecting, pathing, not attacking moving targets, etc)

Trap Launcher is probably the clunkiest ability in the game. Easiest solution is to make this a toggle. We have enough keybinds as is.

Minimum range. This is pretty obvious.

Take steady shot out of Rapid Killing buff. Very minor but it feels like a waste.

Kill Command, obviously the most clunky ability we have. At the very least make it like Heroic Strike of old where you would 'queue' it up.

Calling Pets. Why limit this to 5 anyway? I'm pretty sure no one cares about the meta-game of taking care of pets since you took away the need to feed pets a couple patches ago (thank god). I try to keep my 5 most-required buffing pets with me at all times, but there are times where that one pet you need is in your stable.

10 second pet resurrect. Are you kidding? Even BM lost their improved pet res talents.

Big numbers. Shooting dragons.

Minimum distance/pet bugs. The inconsistencies between bosses in Firelands alone that allow you to be in melee while shooting or not is pretty ridiculous. Either allow it or disallow it...obviously would prefer to get rid of minimum distance as it is an outdated mechanic of our class.

I'm not the biggest fan of the MM rotation, in fact I think it's the worst out of all 3 hunter specs simply because of how short the ISS buff lasts. If you increase the buff by like 2 seconds it would make dropping the buff so much less of a problem. It's pretty boring that it's SHOT > 2xSS > SHOT > 2xSS etc etc that it currently is pretty much.

-Revamp completely awful talents that have been in the game since vanilla. Counterattack, laughably bad. Pathfinding, terrible. Other classes were given 15% run speed talents like 2 expansions ago and we still don't get it? On top of that aspects are severely crippled with daze anyway and all the aoe that goes on in any pve fight.

-Serpent Spread is pretty much worthless beyond the initial point, kind of like Rapid Killing. Sure, it's 10% more damage but no one gets that.

-Resistance is Futile in MM tree? Really? Put this in BM like everyone wants.

-Trueshot Aura. At least give us a bonus for picking up a talent that's worse than a baseline ability for Paladins.

-BM aoe, or lack of. Adding a cleave to pets for BM only might be the best solution there, similar to a Felguard.

-Get rid of Intimidation as the BM unique ability. It has almost no use inside of raids and this ability should be Beast Mastery anyways.

-I've seen this suggestion before, make Widow Venom heal the hunter for a % of damage done for SV since it has no self-heal. Maybe do this across the board but better for SV to do.

-Spirit Bond. It only ticks every 10 seconds. This is another outdated talent that has nothing cool going on with it. Make it tick at a more constant rate or change it completely. Make it like vampiric embrace where your pet attacks heal you for like 0.2% total health. This would alleviate the lack of health ticks per 10 seconds and it's a low enough amount of health that it's not extremely overpowered.

Beast Lore
Eagle Eye
Immolation Trap (when did anyone ever use this ability?) -- Take this out, as it does less damage than 2 ticks of explosive trap for a single target trap.
Widow Venom (awful pvp ability btw)
Camouflage having almost 0 use in pve beyond running past trash. At least add a damage bonus for the first shot out of Camo.