Warrior
Prev 1 3 4 5 67 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

High End Raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

RBGS, Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Currently, my biggest quality of life issues on my warrior would be the following:

PvP:
    Having to apply my snare when every other class in the game has access to one that's passive or applied automatically on their attacks. It's frustrating to spend globals slowing someone only to have them move faster than me because my snare is not as effective as theirs.

Charge is currently negated by jumping around. For example, rogues have a speed increase when they shadowstep, ferals have a daze when they leap to a target, in order to help them keep on target. Warriors have a 1.5 second stun that doesn't really help.

Spell Reflection - why this spell was nerfed is still beyond my comprehension, but this is a vital tool for dealing with casters as a warrior. Reflecting spells is a great way to determine if the warrior you are playing is actually decent at the game. With it being 25 seconds, it's useful maybe once or twice a minute and no longer has the use it once had in wrath or tbc in turning the tides of a battle.

What makes playing your class more fun?

I like playing my warrior for the following reasons:

Resource mechanic - Rage has always been interesting to me and I like how it works. It's different than energy and it's dynamic because it's never the same twice.

Stances - While this is not the case so much anymore, I liked having to switch stances in pvp to catch up with opponents or to make sure I got that interrupt in time. Of course, this flavor has dried up so I don't expect it to make a return, but who knows.

Ignoring armor with CS - While this is a fun concept, it can also lead to imbalances (more on that later).

What makes playing your class less fun?

What makes me want to just stop playing this class is playing arena in it's current state. Every other melee class except maybe enhance shamans and ret paladins are so much better than warriors at doing what they are intended to do. Warrior's don't have much in the way of utility anymore. (Eg, Feral druids do very good single target, have arguably the best cc in the game, and it's usable every time they get 5 combo point finishers.) I wish I could contribute to my team in a way that doesn't involve damage. With the loss of intercept, it's not very viable to charge targets other than the one you are sticking to because you might not get back to the target if you charge a heal. This is what separated the good warriors from the not so good

Colossus Smash - This was nerfed to 50%, but I still don't understand why rogues kept their 70% armor ignore against pvp targets. Rogues are currently doing much better than warriors in pvp but no one seems to notice how much damage they are capable of putting out inside a shadowdance or when find weakness procs from vanish.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I currently have no problems with the warrior rotation in pvp.

In PvE, I like the rotation as arms and fury in general. My only concern is how well colossus smash is going to scale with the next tier.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Intercept restored to it's former glory
Spell Reflect back to how it used to be (for arms/fury, and still being nerfed for prot)
Some form of utility. I really liked how Unrelenting Assault worked in Wrath of the Lich King, it was very good for reducing incoming damage done to warriors against caster teams, and reducing healing done by classes.
Mortal strike - This is all but extinct in pvp because -10% of healing is not much at all. This number needs to be increased if the healing reduction is going to stay.
Bloodrage or removing the gcd from battle/commanding shout

What spells do you use the least?

I will not comment on this because every spell in the warrior playbook has seen use from me from time to time and there isn't one that really I find myself saying "I never use this"

Thank you for reading and taking the time to listen to what the players have to say about their own classes.
-Both

-Raids

-All of the above

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-Shouts taking a GCD
-Our PVP effectiveness, particularly Hamstring's GCD and how weak it is, Charge hopping and how it has been exploitable for years, loss of Intercept
-Lack of any CC, used to be ok but now with reduced mobility and damage it's hard to justify my spot on either of my warriors in arena and RBGS

-Execute, nothing like seeing the button light up and then seeing a honorable kill light up. That brings me to another point in which Execute should have a baseline damage that it does not dip below in PVP, it's supposed to finish your opponent if he's defenseless

-Being incredibly easy to control, bladestorm only functioning as a root break, raging blow's damage sucking

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-acceptable

-Mastery being made desirable
-Charge being fixed to either rooting the target, working like shadowstep, giving a run speed increase... etc etc anything that fixes it
-Raging Blow's damage being buffed in PVE, it's embarrassing how that is supposed to be our 'iconic ability' for our dps
-Hamstring being increased in effectiveness and ease of being applied (no gcd for example)
-Fury's talent tree to be reworked

-Whirlwind, which is said because I remember a day when that was our bread and butter
What type of content do you focus on?

[PvE]

If PvE, what type of PvE?

[Raids]

If PvP, what type of PvP?

[N/A]

Working Bloodrage into Battle/Commanding Shout, or Glyph of Colossus Smash

What makes playing your class more fun? I love the mobility of a warrior while in combat.

What makes playing your class less fun? When I have to play Arms. For no real reason, i just don't enjoy not duel wielding weapons.

The current "rotation" is the one of my favorite so far. Very smooth and fun.

A new ability, something to the effect of consuming your deep wounds on the target to deal direct damage or even buff the damage of your next bloodthirst/mortal strike

Mainly just the prot/arms spells you wouldn't use for fury.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both!

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Mostly Raiding, but unavoidably Heroics.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Mostly Arena and Rated BGs.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

My biggest quality of life issue has to do with Fury not feeling furious. I know you guys wanted to change our "free" Whirlwind aoe damage but I miss Whirlwind. I think it has to do with the animation mostly as odd as that seems. It punctuated our rotation and I would time things according to it. It also felt more furious. Our rotation was manic and I liked that. I was a die hard Fury warrior and now I prefer not to play it. Also changing Heroic Strike spam made me pretty sad. I liked that.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

The manic playstyle of the older Fury Warrior.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Being a rogue whos resource bar is just reversed.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I dont like the "new" Fury playstyle. Im not much of a whiner since i am man and not baby but Fury is like slowly crying tears of woman. It is so slow and now with 1 extra button press to make more complex? Haha warrior will never be most complex math class. Warrior is angry!!! Spam buttons like man!

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

My wish list is to have warriors feel furious again. faster. stronger. better. rebuild me. If you guys just put whirlwind back in our rotation without the aoe dmg component and possibly lower Heroic Strike dmg but reduced its rage cost ,or now since you guys want to only do 3 tiers returning rage to its old but equally semi broken state which I liked! that would be nice. Returning rage wouldnt be so bad right? Since the concern you guys had before was that with our gear from the 4th tier in 1 expansion we could maintain "unlimited rage" due to our high crit and inflated stats? now we would end with ToC rage levels which was only borderline obscene? Still, not so bad and alot more fun. Especially if we took out the aoe whirlwind dmg. Come on guys we can do this! Then I can go back to enjoying this game and we all win! Also as an aside I really liked using creative solutions to get the most. Having a little out of the box solution like wearing agility gear or things like that made playing this class feel clever. Now it feels like there is only one solution, to everything. I think I liked this game because if i was nerdy enough I could figure out how to find little secrets to get an "edge". Now i just look up some other guy and copy paste his stats onto my guy because chances are that warrior is doing the same thing every warrior is doing. The arguments used to be fun about how much arpen we should take over other stats early on. Now I guess now the argument could be hit vs. crit but who wants to try and cap white hits? Not very fun. Anyway i hope this isnt some program that just searches out key words and an actually person reading this so i wont have completely wasted my time. If I have hello C-3PO. Thanks for wasting my time.

# What spells do you use the least?

I use them all. The least used though would have to be Sunder Armor and Challenging Shout. But I use Challenging Shout so I hope you dont remove that. Sunder Armor I guess is there to press when feeling nostalgic?

Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PVE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Tanking 5-man dungeons/heroics.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Random BGs, but mostly not because there's no roles for tanks in PVP. "Tank the general at the end" isn't very fun.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I feel fine.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Charge. Woooosh! Woooooooooosh!
    Interrupts and stuns are fun too. Makes me feel like I'm in control.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• I'm envious of the fancy self-heals that the other tanks have, but I don't really expect to get them.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Rotation is mainly fine, but the class design is approaching "too many abilities" again. I only have limited space on my bars - please don't give me anything new!

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I'd have to think about that.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Strike. Inner Rage.
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PvE, with some PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Raiding.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Battlegrounds with some Rated Battleground play.

On a basic level, warriors are very mechanically sound. Cataclysm's design solved all major balancing and gameplay issues related to rage.

Stances still suffer from server-client communication issues, however, making them more impediments than features, although the developers have gradually circumvented most of this.

Aesthetically? Abilities drawn from a theme of physical, martial mastery and visceral gusto. Mechanically? Somewhat complex rotations, a wide variety of choices for utility, and unparalleled mobility.

Reduced to hitting Heroic Strike as often as possible. Again.

Arms' rotation is arguably the smoothest and most effective in the game, thanks to smart design, as well as very productive exchanges between developers and Cataclysm beta testers. Don't touch it too much.

Fury's rotation is far too heavily invested in Bloodthirst. Raging Blow's conditionality is too great. Instant, free Slams aren't the fruit of a settled solution.

Protection's single-target and AoE rotations are straightforward enough. However, single-target priorities aren't entirely clear any longer: Heroic Strike and Devastate typically lead damage contributions, begging the value of Shield Slam; while Revenge has been relegated to low-cost and accidental-CC-breaking status.

Regarding AoE: Thunder Clap's weakness has made Blood and Thunder mandatory, resulting in slower snap aggro. Cleave's damage and target limitations don't especially justify its cost — its off-GCD preservation, however, was one of the dev's wisest beta revisions. Shockwave is still unique, reliable and enjoyable.

1. More flexibility in Arms' and Protection's respective talent trees. Fury's tree is a good model.

2. A redesign to Arms that significantly increases the value of Haste while maintaining spec balance.

3. Increasing Thunder Clap two- or threefold, while reworking Blood and Thunder from a chance-for-effect to a fraction of Rend's typical damage (e.g., 25%/50%).

4. Reworking Heroic Strike to reward rage levels and make it a true pressure valve (i.e., cost remains the same but damage or crit chance is increased when used at 75+ rage).

5. Removing Incite or reworking it to provide for the above suggestion.

6. Changing Cleave's restriction from high cost and low damage, to damage based on targets hit.

7. Removing or reworking Inner Rage.

8. Limiting the "baggage train" effect of additional effects from single abilities while seeking rotationally acceptable alternatives (e.g., moving Shield Block's Shield Mastery magic mitigation to Spell Reflection, instead).

9. Allowing Shattering Throw to be used in any stance.

10. Rethinking the purpose of Retaliation.

11. Adding a glyph to turn Intimidating Shout into a single-target, long-term, NPC-only fear.

Every spell has its place, which is why I love this class. Thanks for inviting my input!
    PvE, however it used to be both fairly heavily (eg. approximately 137K lifetime HKs) and I *want* it to be both PvE and PvP

Raids. I liked heroics until the decision was made to make 2 of them (ZA/ZG) worth twice as much as the rest. Boredom ensued.

BGs. Rated BGs are basically 10v10 arenas on larger maps; my vision for what they were going to be turned out to be very different from what was implemented (i.e. focused on individual or small-group contribution, not tied to gear reward etc.). Arenas are for organized team play, BGs to blow off steam IMO. Was just looking for a way to have my contribution measured and ranked better.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

- Shouts off the GCD! They are non-rotational abilities that *facilitate* the Fury rotation. Nowhere does this frustration manifest more than in the Warrior T12 2-pc bonus, which is even worse for Arms since you can *always* use a GCD on a rotational ability.
    - Boredom. Fury rotation is exceedingly boring. I begged for something more interesting all through Beta and Raging Blow RNG with Berserker Rage smoothing out the windows was not the answer. Arms rotation is more active, engaging and punishes inactivity more but often lags Fury significantly in terms of performance (comparable in T11 but not in T12). Much more on this below in Rotation discussion.
    - Tank gearing. Please take the final step and normalize DPS and tank stats (eg. talents in Prot that convert DPS stats to mitigation). I hate carrying SO MUCH gear around and might consider PuG tanking more if I could just use my DPS set.
    - Respeccing. I either forego PvP or tanking depending on the content I am focused on. A 3rd spec slot or dedicated PvP slot would be most welcome for Warriors (or any hybrid really).
    - Macros. Tons used to circumvent stance restrictions and weapon swapping; I really dislike having to change a bunch of macros every time I get a new weapon or shield.

- Mobility! I love zipping around. The more the better. Great class-defining feature.
    - BIG NUMBERS.
    - Frenetic pace.

- Rage starvation
    - RNG dependance and HUGE variance in performance due to things beyond your control (eg. Enrage uptime or how often your MS crits).
    - Empty GCDs. I hate it. Hate hate hate.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Fury - Dull. Plays like a beginner's spec (maybe the intention?). Most of the time, there is a button to press but the decisions are WAY too easy and having BT as your go-to ability every-other-GCD is very monotonous. Not enough reward for exceptional play and too much of the damage outlay is passive. Breaking the BT metronome or reducing the GCD by 0.5 seconds (like Rogues/Ferals) would do wonders.

Arms - Better rotation as you are punished for not being active far more and there is 1 extra debuff and 1 extra proc to watch vs. Fury. Tying Wrecking Crew to MS critical strikes is a bit frustrating; MS should either crit at a higher rate or WC should trigger off of something more reliable given how critical strike rates have been suppressed in Cata. Too much damage variance for something you can't control. Sadly, the spec is constantly subject to PvP rebalancing. T11 was probably the most fun I had raiding because Arms was competitive and more engaging. I wish effort-reward was balanced across the 2 specs.

Protection - Two major debuffs (i.e. AP reduction and attack speed reduction via DS and TC) should not consume GCDs. Very frustrating and they are already passively applied by other specs. If they are going to be GCD abilities, they should "do more" than just apply the debuff (DS) or do a pitiful amount of damage (TC).

- Better damage CD for Arms raiding. The spec has the worst Bloodlust/Hero synergy and scaling in the game. Arms needs its "Deathwish". Bladestorm is a single-target DPS loss and Deadly Calm (DC) has minimal impact since it really only adds Heroic Strikes (in practical terms, 1 or 2 extra). DC should be on a much shorter CD for what it does.
    - A new/extra attack for Fury; anything to make Fury less boring.
    - Better stat balancing for Arms (eg. Haste should not be so worthless).

- Shattering Throw. Expensive, short duration, stance requirement and on the GCD = not fun.
    - Demoralizing Shout. Better versions (eg. passively applied or much longer durations).
    -Both

-Raiding

-RBG's and some Arena

-Heroic Leap doing a Heroic FAIL because "There is no path available" due to a tiny pebble on the road
    -Charge landing me 20 yards away from my target because they were "Bunny Hopping"
    -Being the only class that has no Run/Walk speed increase so that every class can run away faster than me; or that a Boss being kited by a Tank runs away to the Tank faster than I can keep up (IE: Heroic Shannox)

-Being able to Charge in and actually land on my target to start fighting

-Trinketing INTO a CC because I have nothing to use to get away or stop them (IE: Bubble/deterrence/ice block/cloak etc...)
    -Being CC'd back to back for the 9'th time and still have no Immunity or quicker reduction to it
    -Getting hit by any Critical Strike and only gaining ~5 rage
    -The fact that Haste is still 100% useless yet it keeps being force fed to me on my Tier
    -Knowing that all of the other classes get Critical Strike from their main stat or abilities with an average of 20% or more (More especially if their Main stat is Agility) while mine dwindles at 9% PVE and 6% PVP
    -Being disregarded for Raids because I choose to play as Arms
    -Getting hit for a few seconds by a Frost Death Knight or a Retribution Paladin and easily dropping from 100% to 20% or less in a few seconds; while I have to hit them far more times just to watch them either eat their ghoul or heal themselves back to 90-100%
    -Knowing my Enraged Regeneration is on a 3min CD but other classes like Rogue/Feral Druid/Death Knight have 1min CD's or none at all
    -Being the only class that can be kited by a Melee class
    -Hamstring unusable because "There is a more powerful spell active"
    -Improved Hamstring requiring 2 GCD's to Root, but a Death Knight can just Chain me once and I'm stuck...
    -Watching a Druid remove my Piercing Howl or Hamstring by simply shapeshift spamming
    -Mages being able to Frost Nova me on what looks like 36 yards away...
    -Fire Mages running faster than me with Piercing Howl
    -Rogues being able to Distract me at any moment forcing me to turn around
    -Rogues being able to Sprint and catch me while I'm mounted and already 30 or more yards ahead of them

-It's fine

-Bring stances back, the class has been made to mundane because of this
    -Make people understand that Arms can be PVE viable
    -Fix to Heroic Leap and Charge
    -A Talent that reduces how many times I can be CC'd in a row or reduces the time I am CC'd

-Inner Rage
    I focus mainly in PvE. PvP once in a blue.

Hardcore Raiding

As a fury warrior, my threat during this expansion and last have been insane. Although with the new tank threat changes ive noticed less threat problems. But compared to other classes warrior threat seems a bit out of what since i could be doing way ess dps then another classes and still be highest on threat.

Mobility, Dual Wielding, Burst Damage. The whole warrior playstyle and how the abilities are based off of a reckless raging [insert race here] is just amazing.
    As prot, just all the abilities we have give us a lot of control over certain situations. I cant compare any tanking class to a warrior with disarms, spell reflect, vigilance (which btw is crazy fun when you can spam taunt ie. Bethtilac spinners.), numerous stuns, mobility.

Threat capping my damage as fury just isnt fun.

I think our rotation is where it should be. Not too hard but not too simple. I speak from SMF point of view. Managing procs such as slam, and battle trance is very interesting and enjoyable. Also the creation of colossus smash is incredibly fun to manage. Squishing as many things as possible into = pure fun.

Threat reduction for fury (idk how arms threat is), wither its as a cd or just the base threat.
    I would love to see Shattering Throw be even more appealing somehow. Its an interesting ability id like to use more often.
    Would be nice to have battle shout/commanding shout and heroic fury off the global cooldown.
    Coming 4.3 i would hate to see that (like 4.2) theres only 1 viable weapon for SMF. And not only was it boe and also decent for tanks, but the chances of getting a firestone crystal to upgrade TWO cleavers is incredibly frustrating. On top of that the 4pc bonus hugely favors TG as if being able to dual wield Sulfuras wasnt enough.
    In short. Would like to see SMF get some equal love.

off the top of my head
    Fury: Retalliation, Shattering Throw
    Prot: Intervene, Spell Reflect

Mainly PvE as Fury, though I try to PvP when I can too.

Raids, though I would be considered casual I think. Our guild raids only twice a week.

I enjoy PvP with a strategic purpose (Tol Barad, Wintergrasp, some BG's). I'd like to get into rated BG's, but it's not the easiest thing to do. Being able to queue by yourself and being matched with those of a similar rating would really open up that part of the game for a lot of people.

Overall I think Fury Warriors are in a good place in PvE. I enjoy the content.

The rage cost of intercept, when compared to charge, is a bit frustrating. Charge generates a significant amount of rage, whereas intercept costs rage. I understand why this used to be so (intercept being usable in combat, when charge wasn't for Vanilla/BC - and then in WotLK when intercept had a much longer stun than it does now). But things have changed a lot since then. I don't think the rage cost of intercept is warranted anymore.

Having to use a global cooldown for snares is also painful.

Making use of the high amount of mobility and burst damage we have. For example, being able to intercept, kill, heroic fury, then intercept and kill again for the adds on Ragnaros. Heroic Leaping out of a fall damage death is also very cool.

Being stuck in roots over and over and over. We pretty much need a dispeller with us in PvP.

Single target is fine, if not a bit too simple. Not as simple as arcane mages, mind you >>.

AOE can be very clunky.

A minor glyph that lets you put one leg up in the air during bladestorm to make you look like you're doing a camel-spin.

Seriously though, making whirlwind work like Arcane Blast? ie. no cooldown, increased damage each time it's pressed (as you ramp up your momentum) but also increased rage cost (from getting dizzy).

No rage cost, or even a rage gain, for using intercept (as above).

I can't think of anything off-hand. They feel like they all have their place.

PvE almost 100% of the time. Most of my PvP has been on my priest, back in Wrath.

Tanking Cata Regulars and Heroics. I've tanked the occasional nostalgia raid and tanked a few current expansion Raids (though I usually heal current raids on my priest or go as Frost mage to control adds).

I've been considering PvP-Prot for my second spec, but haven't done anything with it yet.

Missed attacks. The silence is deadening. I would rather have some sort of missed, parried, or dodged sound effect to all of my abilities, rather than *nothing* when I don't hit the enemy. Frankly, I'm also tired of missing so many attacks, when we're discouraged from stacking hit or expertise (in order to get as much avoidance as possible).

Movement. Silences. Stuns. Having enough of a lead in threat that I can ping-pong around taking care of more than just loading damage on the primary target. I love being able to intervene a party member, then charge the boss or trash.

The Global Cooldown is a serious issue for me. My warrior does not have the same timing as other classes, and feels much slower. This is compensated by being a heavy hitting battleship, but still the ability-to-ability flow is so much slower on my warrior and makes me feel like I wait more on him than my other toons.

Naturally my real comparison is the Frost DK in Unholy presence, so I'm definitely spoiled when I'm not on my warrior.

I rather like it, other than feeling slow. I have learned to flow from one ability to another pretty well, making use of procs, and all that. The timing is not horrible, and something is usually available when I need it. There are magical moments when 5-6 abilities can be used in very short order and everything I fight suddenly stops doing anything and starts fighting me. Those are special moments.

Make hit/exp completely meaningless. Or something. I am really tired of missing, even if the abilities that land easily cover the threat lost from missing, it's still frustrating when it really should not be. I mean, missing is not a big deal in terms of threat. But it's still super annoying that gunning for hit/exp means taking an unacceptable amount of damage and placing pressure on your healer. So I deal with missing rather than decrease my avoidance.

Recklessness in Defensive stance. I just don't care to use something that makes me more vulnerable without significant need. We deal more than enough threat to tank without it, so I never started using it when you began allowing it in Defensive stance.
    What type of content do you focus on? I tend to focus on both but more on the PvE side

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics/raids and i guess quests?

If PvP, what type of PvP? Arenas and regular Bgs and maybe a rated BG (i dont really enjoy those lol)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? i find that even when i charge in pvp it doesnt matter 75% of the time due to the jump jump and jump some more when kiting me so that when i do charge they are still out of range of me. what i was hoping for at the start of the current expansion was a minor movement speed increase after the charge effect like a 70% sprint for 2-3 seconds to atleast catch up to the target. imo that would solve the connection issues with the whole jump the charge lag exploit and make it more usefull.

another would be Spell reflect reflecting pet abilitys (im looking at you water elementals *shakes fist*) countless times i would reflect a 4k waterbolt instead of a 40k shatter combo so thats always fun... my suggestion make it so that pet abilitys from a player cannot be spell reflected but can still be refelcted from an enemy npc to resolve any pve vs pvp problems (just like collosus smash)

What makes playing your class more fun? what makes my class fun is what drew me into it. Charge. the straight up mobility of my class and raw power is what drew me into playing a warrior even though it has taken a hit over the years. i still cry at night at the thought of intercept...

What makes playing your class less fun? Rage issues for the most part in both pvp and pve. the new system is working better than before IMO but it still needs alot of tweaking because it just feels too spiky and not sustained. also Heroic leap vs Pebbles in the ground where the pebbles would win really messes things up.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? the fury rotation seems pretty solid for me. i like how i need to really manage my enrage timers to really max my dmg and if i screw that up then i get punished for it, thats good and bad, good for keeping me awake on the easier fights and bad for those fights that require me to look less at my rotation and more on whats happening around me so that could make me take a big hit in dmg.

Arms in pve seems to be lacking and having too many abilitys to keep track of to even be competitive with furys dps (which IMO is not its too far behind) and it might need some tweaking as well.

Prot atm is really fun in raids and heroics i love my utility and mobility all around great fun in there. only complaint i can have is again rage issues but that is just in the first minute or so afterwards its not so bad.

What’s on your wish list for your class? WTB intercept back in arms pvp, a working heroic leap all over. Maybe a wee bit more dps =P (i know i know dont talk about dps but hey a guy can wish right?) and a sprint after charge effects are used.

What spells do you use the least? Whirwind for fury dps. its just really pathetic atm hits like a baby with a foam spoon costs too much rage to be worth it on AoE fights and the spec that makes it hit harder doesnt help at all. it just feels so far behind from everyone else.

I am mostly a PvE player who dabbles in BGs/Arenas when asked to by friends. My experiences mostly revolve around tanking though I have also played both Arms and Fury since Cata launched.

The thing that makes warriors more fun to play is the amount of "rawr" the class has. That is to say, the degree to which a warrior can jump into a group headfirst with a minimal amount of setting up their abilities to do max DPS. Note, this isn't the same as ramp time. I understand we need that to prevent burst for PvP and stacking the lambs to the slaughter buff is a good example. We don't need to do extra work to stack it or monitor it, we're hitting that button anyway.

What makes the class unfun is something I've complained about many times on the forums already. Too many buttons when the rage dumps (heroic strike and cleave) are added in. Because they're off the GCD I often feel I have to hit twice as many buttons to play my warrior compared to my paladin tank or the DPS alts. This can be kind of a two edged sword, however, because it also means I always have a button to hit when adds come streaming into a boss fight.

Priorities for prot and arms are great. Fury is okay. Raging Blow's dependence on having an enrage affect active is uncomfortable and for that reason I exclusively played Fury as Single Minded Fury instead of Titan's Grip. It brought Slam into higher priority over Raging Blow, which I think as a proc it should always be the highest priority ability. And again the rage dumps, but I've already mentioned those.

Not sure what's on the wishlist.

I do know I've probably only used Intimidating Shout once or twice this expansion since I can't justify a glyph space for it in PvE and don't PvP enough to spot the situations it would be useful there.
    I play both, but focus more around pvp throughout this entire expac
    heriocs and some pug raids
    Arenas and Rated bgs
    I have been playing a warrior since vanilla wow, and to be honest I dont rly feel like much of a warrior anymore. What happened to stance dancing? That was so fun as a warrior and rly made it feel unique, our ionic skill ms has been given to almost every class and 10 percent rly isnt much now. quality of life I would say make our stances utility based. For example something fun like in O stance ur movent speed is increased by blank and something like that for the other stances. It be nice to have a new mastery to be honest, Or a talent that brought back weapon specifics, if u equip and axe this will happen a sword this and mace that, it was rly fun and unique
    I love playing warrior, but after patch 4.3 I have more fun on my feral druid, dont get me wrong i still enjoy my warrior its nice being able to actually use skill and beat people in this game pvp wise and not just blow cds to win.
    So many classes now have ways to slow me while breaking out of my slow. I find I am ccds or kited constantly, we are the easiest controllable class in the game. Also what up with our def cds? if i get dismantled while im in shield wall bam the cds is gone. I cant use my self heal unless enraged and good rogue hunter or druid will jus dispell enrage or zerker rage as soon as it comes up. Why not just make intercept a 1 to 2 sec root?
    pve wise i find warriors are fun
    slam, do something to remove the .5 second cast, with lag and other issues it can be real hard to get off. Which it does hit hard but other classes have similar skills instant that hit harder as well as passive slows and other damage.
    bring intercept bac to arms, and well it be nice to have fury viable for pvp, maybe bring charge to fury instead of using intercept? It be nice if we had an actually cc, rets have repentance frost gots hungering cold, not just for pvp but for pve too, it be nice to have for 5 man heriocs and what not.
    wirlwind dont even use it in rbgs to aoe flag, tclap takes care of that
    Have Heroic fury a passive ability

- Both content.

- End game 10m raids.

- 3v3 Arena and Rated BGs.

- Melee uptime and lack of utility against specific classes or situations. While our class can pretty much glue into "Fear" reliable classes like Warlocks and Priests, we're pretty much useless unless we got a dispeller support against Frost Mages and Ferals for example.

- Beeing able to keep myself on a target without support. Having more utility to my teammates other than trying to score a kill.

- Being CCed for 60% of the time in an Arena or Rated Battleground if I lack the aid of a Dispeller. And above all, beeing unable to make a decent solo pressure over Specific Healing Classes (Holy Paladin) because they can heal more than we can damage even while bursting using two DPS trinkets.

- I'm fine with it.

- I wish Warrior's mobility to be restored and our capabilities to challenge certain classes as well. That includes "Charge Jump" fixed, "Heroic Leap" beeing corrected and "Mortal Strike" nerf reverted.

Not having to fight triple Trinket classes would also be awesome (Humans).

- Slam in rated PVP. Over 1 second melee cast while beeing controlled? I can pretty much use other things with that time and be more useful.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Whatever I'm doing. Mostly bgs because its less caustic to warriors.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Quality of life would definitely be the lack of consideration of ranged classes versus melee. PvE and PvP favor them excessively.

PvE example: Melee must MUST by definition be in a huddle on the boss. Any boss with an aoe effect or especially a cleave is going to impact melee more. But melee and ranged are suppose to compete for dps spots. The risk doesn't outweigh the penalty, especially when ranged are given full immunity cooldowns like iceblock and deterrence.

PvP example: Many ranged now have so many outs of melee it has gotten silly for some classes. As a warrior I feel this acutely versus any competent mage or hunter. I don't mind being out skilled or battles that just come out on the side of a counter class, but not being able to touch someone is, frankly, dumb.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• It's a good question. I think I like the furiousness of it. I don't like having to wait for something to do such as I get with caster types. Filling every GCD is kind of the goal for the class.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• As mentioned above in the quality of life things. I don't mind losing or dying to being stupid. But the skill required to be "just as good" as a ranged class is out of whack. You hear all the time about amazing hunters/mages/boomkins/(insert ranged here) because you don't HAVE to be good to be good enough, but those that are GOOD really stick out as amazing. Warriors and melee in general just don't have this kind of an impact on fights.

For example: about the best I can do is catch a son that got loose with an intercept on Ragnaros. Compare that to a knockback of multiple sons by a druid. Or what circle of frost does for flag protection in pvp. That's a lot of power over a situation for one player. Think how many times top guilds have taken any marginally competent boomkin this expansion. Have they done the same thing for ANY melee class? Especially warriors?

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Arms feels like it has a button too many and overly punished for frequent target swaps. Fury AoE is a tad flawed with the function of WW. It should either be 4 seconds or not 4 seconds not 4 only if you have xxx targets. I guess you could chalk this up to another quality of life thing and being out done by less effort. A ranged can swap to a target clear across a room and begin their rotation immediately. Ranged AOE damage is also superior while often requiring only a single button push. Again I don't mind being outdone, I mind being outdone by someone applying less than half the effort.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Someone at blizzard to actually play it as a main. I know this sounds like "Concerns that your feedback is being ignored or that we don’t take these kind of posts seriously, or otherwise posting anything that is off-topic or not in the spirit of this thread’s intent." but is is clear when certain changes go through nobody there is playing a warrior. From the inferiority of the shield wall defensive cooldown, to bladestorm being disarmed, to the buffs to ice lance. I don't mind nerfs or buffs to counter classes, but they are often ill considered and slow to be reversed if they are horribly disabling or don't fix the problem they were intended to. I mean come on, spell reflection? Of all things this clunky cooldown needed a nerf? Also when abilities like multishot and volley were being consolidated, but charge and intercept were completely forgotten about. We carry a lot of skill restriction baggage from being overpowered during vanilla and early BC that is totally irrelevant now except someone forgot to fix it.

• What spells do you use the least?

Strike. :P

Really though probably stances. If they are going to be irrelevant remove them or make them give different significant bonuses like DK presences. Right now the only apparent reason to have them is to make certain abilities more clunky and take an extra button press to use. I suppose this goes back to my tirade above. :)
    I wasn't going to reply to this because I ditched my warrior in June, but maybe the reasons I finally retired him are worth talking about.

PvE, I think the last time I seriously pvp'd was BC

Raids/heroics

When I do now, BGs, used to Arena.

I know this is an intensely dumb issue, but I find autoattack highly annoying, and it's a core part of being a warrior. When I kill a mob, if I target the next one and hit a move, I start autoattacking again, but if I'm out of rage I often need to toggle it back on. Because of this, auto-attack inhabits a slot on my bar for the sole purpose of making sure that it's actually going, so that 2 seconds later I don't wonder why I still have no rage.

As prot? Doing something fun like spell reflect, I miss the short CD. I always thought impending victory looked fun too, but never managed to find the points to stick into it and try.

As dps? Big numbers, in this respect, I like how bursty warriors are, esp with the awesome mobility. When an add needs to die, I leap, destroy it, and intercept back into the action. I feel like superman, it's awesome.

Probably the biggest reason I stopped playing my warrior was how sick I was of picking up millions of adds. I understand this sort of goes with the territory of being a tank, and it's not so bad now that threat got buffed, but seriously it's annoying (I think heroic maloriak was the straw for me). Let me talk about the past briefly:

Adds done right: I liked Razorgore dragonkin kiting. Why? The dragons more or less ran to the same place, I had 1-2 to pick up each time, I could nail them and then work on avoiding damage, I enjoyed that. I like council fights too, I have my one add that I get to understand all of the intricacies of, their special moves, their challenges, I'm not just picking up 2.5 billion adds just 'cause.

Didn't like H Maloriak: black slimes everywhere with black ooze on the ground. We had no misdirect, no tricks, and the slimes spawned at different times (a few seconds apart). This means I had to stand there in range and wait to nab them all. Sometimes the damage I took while waiting for the last wave to pop was enough to cause healer aggro. Then there were so many of them it became a challenge to see the spots on the floor, luckily I had a mod immediately alert me if I missed one.

Didn't like Nef: If the adds weren't stacked from phase 1, then they got res'd in different orders. I again had no md, no tricks, so I could taunt one, but taunt would often expire before it reached me, I could heroic throw but the cooldown was so great it would still often pull to a healer before the add got to where I was. Then if /I/ went to the add, I risked dipping in fire and refreshing all my adds. It was like ripping out my eyes.

Prot's fine. Fury feels boring. I actually really loved the 2-handed slam spec back from BC. I had to watch a swing timer (maybe bliz didnt' like that it required an addon) and when I did it right I got some really bursty fun numbers. It admittedly was bad for our mobility.

I think any warrior who pvp's probably wishes they were less reliant on a pocket healer/dispel. I wouldn't care so much if frost mages didn't exist, but they're one of the more popular pvp classes and it just gets old.

For prot, I've been jealous of deathgrip since day 1 of DK's. The ability to reposition a mob is amazing... Barring that, I want something more from ranged. Heroic throw is great, but the CD is long.

Possibly Conc Blow. When do you want to use it? When something horrible is happening. 9/10 times "something horrible" is from a boss that's immune to the stun, or from a caster mob that you can just spell reflect or pummel. Why bother?
    What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics, Raids
    If PvP, what type of PvP? n/a

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Quality of life wise, as an arms warrior things feel pretty good. As a protection warrior, I just don't feel like I can compete with other tanks threat. I have been tanking for some time, and I feel if another tank wants threat from me there is no way I can out threat him. So even though I am one of the few tanks that has threat stats stacked, other tanks can rip the mobs off me without trying too hard at all. Also relating to the threat/damage concern, vigilance doesn't seem to bridge that gap. In 5 mans, most people are AOEing. It takes me two GCD's to rend then tclap whereas a DK can DnD in one GCD, a Paladin can Consecration, a Bear just goes swipe crazy. That extra 1.5 seconds often seems to show healers pulling aggro. I can deal with it, it doesn't upset me, but I do think I lose mobs in the first few seconds more than other tanks. Heroic leap not working when you aren't expecting it is pretty huge.

What makes playing your class more fun? The mobility and the burstiness that ranged players don't have. Shields are fun, I enjoy the block sound =). Charge, and heroic leap - when it works.

What makes playing your class less fun? Mortal strike's healing reduction ability seems small enough that it seems pointless now. Heroic leap deciding that it won't work and not expecting that, leading to either lower usage of the ability, more conservative usage of the ability (think searing seeds on Majordomo), or just plain wipes.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Pretty good!

What’s on your wish list for your class? A heroic leap that works better than it does. Asking for all encounter areas to be flat doesn't seem like the right choice. Maybe a little more parity between ramp up AOE threat between the specs. Against a Berserking, Swiping bear, I have no chance, and no answer for it. Lower rage requirement on Sweeping Strikes as baseline - although I realize this is glyphable.

What spells do you use the least? Inner Rage. Very few times am I able to actually make use of the 2-3 heroic strikes I could get off as a tank. As a DPSer, almost never. Just not enough rage.