Class Feedback – Warrior

Warrior
Post Limit:
Prev 1 5 6 7 67 Next
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids Fury dps

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Rage generation. Using battle or commanding shout to generate rage instead of being a buff like its intended.

What makes playing your class more fun? Not missing mobs as much..

What makes playing your class less fun? Rage generation as it is now is unpredictable. I feel I spend way to much time spamming a button waiting for character to stop missing so I get rage. And other times I feel I cant get rid of it fast enough.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? The fury rotation I feel is fine as is.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A better Fury Mastery bonus. As it is now I could care less if a item has mastery on it or not. It is far better to reforge out of mastery into hit and crit.
Better rage normalization. It feels way to spiky atm. To high at some points and to low in others.
Shattering Throw usable in all stances.
Shout buffs off the gcd
Why do we still have stances :/
Get rid of strike or make it scale(why have a ability that is useless after level 10)

What spells do you use the least? Strike(never). Inner rage. As fury I never use rend :( And slam I never use unless I get a bloodsurge proc.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP. (Focus on Arms Spec.)

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
See Above.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arena, BG's, and occasional RBG's.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
While I understand the view that the removal of stance requirements is a quality of life improvement for some, I do not want to see stances disappear. It is something that I have always felt a part of the class.

What makes playing your class more fun?
I still enjoy playing the warrior class, but I must admit it hasn't been as fun this expansion.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Not having as much mobility. To be honest, damage buffs/nerfs never phase me. But being kited and having around 3-4 globals of up-time at a time is just plain not fun. Even if you have dispels, the healer feels like they have to babysit you as the warrior, and it doesn't compensate for the finesse a warrior could bring to the table pre-juggernaut nerf. This is the one issue I feel passionate about balance-wise.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I have no problems with the way my abilities fit together, the only thing that I don't like is Lambs to the Slaughter stacks falling off when CC'd and then having to build up damage again.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I want mobility back. Really that's all. I want to be able to Intercept a Polymorph cast and charge back to my target for example, or know I'm fighting a good Mage when he novas after my Charge and Blinks after Intercept. I don't care if that means Intercept and Heroic Leap have to share a cooldown, if there was one thing that could bring back my love for the class it's this.

What spells do you use the least?
Inner Rage, Strike (Never), Intercept (Never).
PvE (Note that all of my answers pertain to Fury Spec PvE as it is the only role that I consistently perform)

Raids, Heroics occasionally (only as needed to cap VP)

None

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I know this is kind of nit-picky and I'm not sure if it really counts as a quality of life issue, but the pathing on heroic leap is really bizarre. It seems like, unless I'm jumping across a completely flat plane with no additional texture on it, I'm fine, but anything else is anyone's guess and it usually won't work. I know this probably has something to do with the specific code for it and that's why I'm not sure if this counts, but it can severely limit my mobility which, as a warrior, I feel does count.

I love being the only class that can dual wield 2h axes, maces and swords (which as a Tauren are huge!). But seriously, my favorite aspect would have to be the mobility. Assuming everything is working correctly (see statement regarding QoL), a warrior can cover an enormous amount of space in roughly 2 GCDs, more with an additional movement source (Engineering Tinkers, Leap of Faith, etc). It makes us feel like the masters of battle, able to traverse large distances with ease, which typifies the idea of the class quite well.

The fact that fury can be stat/gear dependent was frustrating, but is easily overcome at the rate at which gear for a fresh 85 can now be obtained. I can't think of much else to put here that won't be covered by the next question or that was covered in the QoL question (i.e. Heroic Leap pathing).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The rotation for fury is, on the whole quite good. We are a bit prone to RNG issues (waiting for an RNG enrage proc while Beserker Rage is on CD can be frustrating if you can't use any other attacks) but we certainly are not the most RNG-dependent class/spec. I don't really think much has to be done regarding Fury's rotation.

Some type of ranged attack with a short CD would be a nice improvement. Warriors, and probably rogues too, but that's for a different thread, are among the most melee-dependent of the melee classes. For instance, on a fight like Atramedes, where he is in the air for a large portion of the fight, melee cannot attack him with their normal attacks. However, a death knight can use howling blast or death coil, a paladin can judge and use exorcism, an enhancement shaman can cast elemental spell attacks and a druid, if so inclined, can shapeshift out of cat form and cast balance attacks, but a warrior really has little to do. We can use our weapon throws but those both have relatively long CDs compared to other classes.
The type of ability I have in mind is not one that would really effect warriors in melee range but it would be something to be used only in those types of situations, perhaps with a minimum range requirement to reinforce the idea that it is an attack to be used at range only (i.e. the hunter range requirement).
Please note that I am not suggesting this as a way to improve warrior damage output, rather it is that, quite simply, in these situations we feel useless because there is literally no way for us to contribute to the damage during these stages.

Inner Rage, Cleave, Whirlwind, Strike
PVE and PVP

Heroics dungeons and Raids

BGs and Arenas. RBG if managed to get a good group

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo
could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The fewer number of spell needing to stance dance. I know many may still prefer the good old days of stance dancing... however In a heated pvp battle, having to stance dance wasting apm and gcd is seriously a disadvantage. therefore I am for the lesser amount of stance dancing required.

I like the rage mechanics of a warrior. not having to worry about the lack of "mana" yet require skill to manage ur rage so we wont be rage starved. And also in PVP the ability to stick to a another player like a super glue. Basically I find the pressure that a warrior gives when hitting another players makes the class speak of itself. A WARRIOR (not a stealthy rogue or a Dk that's sneeze germs on players) Just brute force FTW.

The heavy dependency on gears. Although it does make sense in a way we should be gear dependent, however in raids, warrior dps really shine when we have raided deep into the instance. But by then progression is no more an issue since we had finished the raid. Another issue is losing the uniqueness of the class. I find PVP has really killed warrior in PVE. you got to admit since the introduction of arenas, alot of the balancing for warrior is PVP based. We are suppose to be a class that hit hard like the HULK. Now the way the damage output for warrior is kinda similar to other melee classes. For one thing I miss the old execute. it was a bad-!@# skill...

I like playing arms. I would find you need to fine tune fury. it is very "mage like". the spells doesn't compliment each other. ARMS rotation is fine because there's a certain rotation, yet there is freedom (when CS is refreshed thru talent) to maximized DPS.
One thing I would like to point out is hamstring. I find we r the only class that requires to manually apply a snare at melee. mages AB has slow and FB has chill. Dks ice chains roots with slow, feral and rogues auto apply snares. enhancement shammy frost shock is instant range... ( you get the point)

Give us back our image of being the REAL BAD-$%^ in the class system. (I hope u get what I mean. Dks are warriors with added warlock abilities) ANd I wonder since we can use pole-arms, is there anyway u can make 2H spears or something related to pole-arms. its funny we r the master of all weapons but we only carry a few due to stats...

Currently I find all spells has its specific uses so since I play as tanks / dps in raids and pvp as dps, I find all spells r useful in their own way.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics and Raids

- Actually, I don't really have any complaints here.

- The mobility across all 3 specs is nice, as is the ability to feel like a wall when handling a bunch of mobs.

- Heroic Leap is great, except when it fails, which seems to be any time there is a ramp or a pebble in the way. This is extremely frustrating as it always feels like it happens any time it's actually an emergency.

- One thing that isn't directly gameplay-related is the visuals. Most other classes and specs have interesting visuals on their attacks. I understand that warriors smack things, but most of the time you don't really get to see much, especially as prot. Someone mentioned earlier about Heroic Leap could look cooler with some ground effect (broken rock etc) and I agree. Charge/Intercept/Intervene could also look a little cooler without being too distracting.

- It's been said already but the AoE facing requirements can be a real pain, especially as Fury when stuff is dying fast. It's easier just to stay single target most of the time.

- Rotation in both Fury and Prot seem fine to me.

- As I said above, some interesting visuals beyond the small attack animations.

- I would really like to see Challenging Shout have either a much larger radius, or be able to target a distant target (player or mob), since the 10 yard range isn't much, and with the new threat mechanics, just about any other AoE ability would pull mobs off stuff right next to me. It's already a situational ability to begin with, and it would be a lot nicer in instances where a ranged player is swarmed (or adds are streaming in from one place) without having to leap/charge and end up having to reposition the boss as well.

- A raid-wide damage reduction CD would be nice, akin to a holy pally's Aura Mastery with Devo or Resistance up.

- Like above, almost never use Challenging Shout anymore. I understand the concept for Strike but it's really not needed with HS available, and is just flotsam on the skills page after a few levels.
PvE
Raids.
n/a, i rarely PVP.
still spamming heroic strike/cleave. rage income still seems too random, and too easily screwed up. (one HS when you shouldnt and you may miss an interrupt for instance)
lack of a 20% cooldown. (last stand doesnt actually help the healers, they still have to heal the damage, its just deferred some, shield block is used on cooldown, not saved)

I mostly tank. Very high mobility, and a lot of tools to handle many situations. I love the vigilance free taunts and multiple stuns/interrupts to handle casters.

mostly when im fury, but sometimes tanking, rage is still a real issue. the rage bar seems too short, you are either feasting or starving. I dont like having buttons available, but they end up being bad to use because they arent good use for rage.
Heroic strike is literally only good when you have too much rage, otherwise you should never use it. thats not a compelling design. I would rather have a larger rage bank, say 200 rage, and have some abilities cost a lot more and some that are cheap that i can use whenever i want, but none of them so clearly worse that the others like heroic strike is.
one of GCs ideas where you start without rage and use abilities to build it up to empower your abilities seems like it could be a lot better design. (yea, its sorta like a rogue using finishers, but more fluid)

this is the worst part. Warriors are one of the few classes that doesnt really have any type of rotation and instead its just a priority system. while thats not bad in theory, there is a lot to be said for a very predictable basic rotation. it gives you something to fall back on when not doing anything else. and its easier to return to after you do use a non-standard key as needed to deal with something that comes up. (this applies to both tanking and fury)
the random nature of rage income is what destroys any rotation the worst. in many cases you simply cannot use the button you intended to because you missed an attack.

reverse the rage model (build up rage through normal attacks, spend it on specials)
more skill consolidation. (slam, heroic strike for instance. even devastate could be a modified version of those two instead of a separate attack)
remove stance restrictions (why cant i hamstring while tanking? why cant i thunderclap while in berserker?)

What spells do you use the least?[/quote]
intervene (risk is high, return isnt)
victory rush (too limited in scope in raids, no killing blows, etc)
shattering throw (opportunity cost too high)
slam (cast time, no value)
heroic leap (too buggy, used in certain fights, ignored the rest of the time)
many abilities see no use day to day due to stance restrictions. im still learning to use recklessness and retaliation as prot for instance.
Mainly PvE with a little PvP.

Raids with a fair amount of Heroics also.

The occasional Random BGs with a few Rated BGs also.

I've never been a fan of stance requirements for some of our abilities. It doesn't feel fun having to switch stances to do something. It feels more like a hassle.

Our excellent mobility tool-kit and the distinct feel each spec has.

Boss mechanics that force us (or rather melee as a whole) to play in a manner that limits our effectiveness. It's no fun when you simply can't perform any better because of the fight mechanics while range dps aren't hindered. It feels like a handicap.

I like our rotation.

1) A new implementation for stances. The idea is iconic to warriors but they've been watered down over the years because they aren't fun. So just scratch the whole system as it currently is please.
2)More dynamic talents. I don't think the current talent trees are bad, but the dynamic talents options we have really are a fun and it would be nice to see more. Blood n Thunder, Impending Victory, Taste for Blood, etc.
3)Make each spec feel even more distinct. Arms feels very soldier like, and fury feel like a crazed animal, and protection feels very much like a tank. That's one of the great things about our class, but I'd like to see that distinction even more pronounced.
4)Whatever it is you need to do to decrease the failure rate of Heroic Leap. It really is a huge annoyance when it does occur, and it seems to occur a fair amount.

1)Heroic Throw. It's not that it doesn't have its uses, but its very limited, but more importantly, even when it is used effectively, it just feels underwhelming.
2)Inner Rage. I've never had so much rage that I felt like Inner Rage was necessary.
Thread Questions & Repsponses:
      Both: Last 3 years PvE (Guild GM), Last 2 years PvP and exclusively PvP since the release of Firelands. My responses are mostly tailored around PvP which I really hope receives a similar level of attention as PvE.

End-game 25m raids along with 5m farming and quests for achievs

Arena and 3v3 in particular as well as random BGs when Arena partners aren't on

Current viability in PvP is overall a quality of life problem due to complete reliance on other classes. Obviously Arena should be a team based game with synergy between classes however being one of the most easily controlled and least mobile melee class leaves us as virtually useless without constant dispels. Overall quality of life improvement would be a change to Warrior mobility.
        Charge - resolve charge jumping by emulating shadow step mechanic or including a 3 second run speed increase so that we can at least reach our target with a charge
        Hamstring - one of the weakest slows in the game that requires GCDs which lowers damage potential. Either provide a run speed mechanic or incorporate hamstring into other ability to auto-apply or improve its slow to reduce speed further similar to Rogue
        Heroic Leap - fails constantly, any pebble or hill = can't use it
      Lastly, a quality of life issue is the fact that Warriors have Guide threads that never get stickied no matter how many posts and sticky requests they get:
      Arms Warrior PvP: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2592648205
      Arms Warrior PvE: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2661297161
      Prot Warrior Flag Carrying: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089113503

Mobility, Damage and filling a niche from something like the old Mortal Strike healing debuff which gave Warriors a 'flavor' apart from other classes

- Easily controlled by other classes without a dedicated dispeller.
      - Lack of mobility and mediocre damage makes the Warrior class feel expendable since various other classes bring so much more to the table (CCs, shorter CDs, slows, bleeds and damage).
      - Lower damage then what other classes bring to the table

I am fairly happy with Warrior rotation with the exception of having to constantly re-apply slows such as hamstring.

Above all I think the game as a whole would be immensely improved if you would balance PvE and PvP separately. Clearly you have made exceptions such as Colossus Smash and I think everyone would be much happier if balance decisions were tailored to their specific audience. Currently every decision has to be scrutinized 100 different ways because of unintended issues due to PvE and PvP considerations. The benefits of balancing separately would exponentially out-weigh the drawbacks.
        1. Improve mobility with a fix for charge jumping (or give intercept back and replace the stun with a daze effect) and some sort of ability to break roots on a certain cooldown. Hamstring should provide a higher % slow effect or at least be applied or maintained from other abilities similar to Rend/Mortal Strike. Heroic Leap still fails constantly =(
        2. Return the Warrior niche. Mortal Strike was our iconic ability that gave Warriors a role to fill; 10% healing reduction provided by virtually every class is basically a trash debuff at this point, we really need it brought back up to something like 30%
        3. Spell reflect. The CD nerf made sense for Prot Warriors in an RBG setting but ruined viability for Warriors in an Arena setting; we need a CD reduction provided somewhere in the Arms tree where a Prot Warrior can't reach it.
        4. Removal of Recklessness increased damage taken mechanic, it puts Warriors at a severe disadvantage when compared with multiple other classes with similar damage cooldowns but who don't have a drawback on their use.
        5. Bladestorm, our 31 point ability hits extremely weak and is mainly used as a root break. Its damage should be increased especially considering multiple classes can disarm it or deathgrip it away

Whirlwind, our other old iconic ability has fallen to the status of 'PvE trash only' which is sad

I Couldn't have said it better :]

For my Warrior, just PvE.

Heroics and T11 raiding.

N/A

Probably being unable to use relics when there's a lack of ranged strength weapons available. 4.0 made this really difficult but the addition of these to the Valor vendor in 4.2 made this less frustrating.

The mobility is my absolutely my most favorite when playing protection. Being able to Heroic Leap a group of mobs on that side of the room, Heroic Throwing the one stray one over there, Intercepting the other one, then finishing it off with an Intervene on a buddy into a Charge against the final mob is extremely exhilarating.

Being told to DPS as protection for specific phases just seems worthless for my warrior. My Death Knight can play exactly the same whether he has threat or not, but I'm desperate for rage when my warrior isn't getting slapped constantly.

I like both Fury and Protection's rotations. I really have no complaints about it other than being forced to wait a few GCDs when all of Fury's abilities are on CD and have a lack of Slam procs.

Maybe moving Shockwave to an early point in the tree and putting a true "tank" ability in its place. Shockwave has very little use against bosses outside of tanking trash. Having the shouts (Horn of Winter for DKs too) off the GCD would be immensely helpful, as well.

I make use of all the abilities available to Fury and Protections specializations, so no abilities come to mind.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
N/A

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arena (2s,3s), BGs, RBGs,

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Mobility. I've smashed too many things being repeatedly caught in full duration stuns/immobilizes.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Charging into battle with a 2h sword and seeing blood fly everywhere, doing big crits and making people say "WTF GET THIS WARRIOR OFF ME"

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Our mobility skills need to have breakouts or sprints to allow us to actually do damage.

Bladestorm: If we only get this every 1.25minutes, it should not be stoppable. Disarming someone on a whirling rampage?

Arena: Always immobilized/snared, charges are jumped - I can never routinely lay out damage unless another party member can hold down the opponent or I get dispells. (Lambs to the Slaughter is severely abused in the respect a auto proc root and a dodge can basically reset it.)

Someone mentioned it earlier, but Enraged Regeneration and our passive talents just isn't on par with rogues and other classes, whereas they have alot more survivability to fully make use of it.

BGs: People are usually not focused on me so its pretty free that I can just goto town on people.

RBGs: Prot Flag Carrying is fun except that prot warriors have 1 long cd for dmg mit, and no real talents to support defense vs bleeds, spells, etc.

I feel like warriors are the only class affected by armor. Every other class either has ez mode armor breaks, or elemental/bleed damage to bypass it.

I get really mad when I colossus smash a paladin or shaman and I'm STILL only getting 8k crits that make healers laugh in my face. CS needs to be more potent or changed to be more effective/longer.

I think Gag Order or atleast a revised look at Heroic and Shattering Throw is due. HT without the talent is like throwing an auto attack every minute, and Shattering Throw is like firing up a old dusty lawn mower to achieve little results.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like the theory behind the warrior rotation, but it has been highly abused in PvP do to the fact that we can't close gaps to apply it.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Something unique or passive to get out of immobilizes, revised berserker rage to supplement when we can't charge. (stealthies like not reappearing till we're drained.)

Stance dance everything or completely simplify to 1 stance. Macros aren't perfect and often leave me high and dry with something wrong. Classes shouldn't have to make macros to USE skills.

# What spells do you use the least?
Whirlwind, Cleave, Inner Rage, Other stances, Intercept, Slam(People are 50/50 on slam. I think the cast time is just too much.), Heroic Throw
PVE

Hardcore progression raiding

Heroic Leap is risky to use is certain situations due to the way the server tracks your location while your flying through the air.

I enjoy the high mobility Fury warriors have with intervene, heroic fury, and heroic leap. I also like that prot warriors have an ability for every situation like spell reflect, intervene, and disarm.

Missing a string of auto attacks in a row and having no rage.

For Fury I think the rotation is pretty simple so if there were a way to mix it up a bit and make it less predictable it would be more fun to play.
For prot I really like the set of abilities we have and the rotation has basically been the same since beginning of wotlk so keep it how it is imo.

Getting bloodrage back would be nice. Also shouts off the gcd. And heroic leap working if you are leaping to higher terrain.

Looking through my spellbook I basically use everything. To answer the question, my thown weapon is the ability I use the least, lol.

Both

10 man Raids, 5 man Heroics

2v2, 3v3, BG's

Recklessness although there is no longer a stance requirement I feel that you should be able to glyph out of the damage just like Death Wish, this skill works wonders for threat as a tank but that extra 20% damage can end up getting you in trouble.

Being able to charge into battle and take on anything that can be thrown at you.

Spell Reflect has become somewhat lack luster, even with shield mastery granting a damage reduction on magic when used, there should be more spells that you can reflect. Also on a secondary note disarm should work for most boss encounters, otherwise it is kinda worthless to the tanking community of warriors and just sits in the spell book unused in pve content, if it were usable it would be quite a great asset to melee damage reduction along with blocking.

The rotation is alright, but would be better if tanking specs had latent hit and expertise in the talents or upon choosing the specialization.

That prot Disarms would work on bosses that wield a weapon even if it had a longer cooldown, would add to the dynamics of being able to use an ability that would help not only ourselves but our off tanks as well when it comes to cleave damage and other heavy damage specs, as well as recklessness not being such a trade-off it's great for threat, but 20% damage taken is almost not worth it.

As protection I find that spell reflect, disarm and recklessness are the 3 least used spells in my arsenal, 2 of which are in the protection tree, the way I see it is if it's in the spell book it should be usable in all content, and would help with overall survivability in most cases.
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVP

-If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas and BG's, but I would like to start running Rated BG's at some point

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Abilities should not require different stances. At one time it was a very cool feature but now its more of a hindrance. I think being able to use all abilities in any stance would go a long way. Stances could be more of a buff/debuff for example Berserk stance would cause rage to generate in or out of battle and maybe a dmg increase but would also reduce armor by half.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
Charge/Intercept are the best abilities ever. The nerfs kinda suck but still LOTS of fun intercepting a Hunter who thinks he can hop away.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
-Disarm. A battle hardened warrior who's life solely depends on on his weapon does not just drop the thing, let alone drop it because he's horrified of a scary priest. But Bladestorm being so easy to stop is just sad. I understand its a powerful move but figured that's why it has a cool down.

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
-Rotation seems more like a PvE thing.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
-Arms warrior going back to being immune to disarms, Fury Warriors having a option of hiding chest armor ( For the blood thirsty berserker look), Adding a stun or slowing effect to heroic leap, add interrupting effect to heroic throw, abilities can be used in all stances.

-What spells do you use the least?
-Heroic throw because it doesn't seem useful in most fights, spell reflect mostly because of stance change, thunder clap the effect doesn't justify the rage use imo
1. What type of content to you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• I focus on PvE. I would like to focus on PvP more but I simply do not like having to switch my secondary talent tree back and forth as I use two PvE specs for our 10M raid group.

2. If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• I am an achievement gatherer so, naturally, I do everything I can in the PvE aspect; dungeons, raiding, questing, etc. Above all else, however, I love end-game raiding; hard modes. Raiding is the reason I play this game.

3. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• When I do PvP, I typically focus on battlegrounds and guild arena teams just to cap points.

4. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Right now I do not like the way our class is heading in the aspect of removing stance requirements. After all, we're warriors and our stances are unique. Making abilities that are naturally stance - dependent (such as Recklessness, Shield Wall, and Retaliation) no longer dependent on those stances deteriorates the "quality-of-life" of the warrior class.

5. What makes playing your class more fun?

• The fact that I am a warrior... the guy who runs in and beats the living #$&# out of another NPC or player is what makes the warrior fun. On the other side, we can run in and take a lot of hits. After all, we are the game's natural tanks. This, for me, is what makes the warrior class fun. Sure there are other classes that can [somewhat] do the same thing... but no class can play these roles quite like the warrior can. The lore behind the class is what makes the class fun.

My original post exceeded 5,000 characters so I will continue this post in another reply as soon as my 1 minute debuff is extinguished....
Continued on from my previous post in this thread....

6. What makes playing your class less fun?

• Honestly... I am a natural warrior. I've leveled 7 of them over the years that I have played this game and it truly is my class. I don't think there's anything that I can personally say that makes playing my class less fun. Every single aspect of it I have come to accept as being a warrior.

The only problem I can think of at this time would be Heroic Leap. Yes, it's an ability-based problem but it doesn't make this class "less fun". It'd be great if there weren't so many areas that Heroic Leap generates a "You cannot do that here." error.

7. How do you feel about your "rotation"? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Protection: I think this rotation is more focused toward survival. It's based simply off of what is procced while filling in with the other abilities to [very easily] manage threat and put out some DPS. It's not too active yet it's not filled with holes, either. It's currently a solid rotation, I feel, and meets the requirements of holding threat (again... VERY easily) and can put out some damage as well if the warrior stays on top of it and really plays out the rotation.

Fury: This rotation has dead moments if not played well. People always ask me how they lose rage and how I manage it and the number one thing they tell me is they're spamming they're abilities like there's no tomorrow. Personally, the rotation is fine by me. It's not as easy as it once was but it's definitely not difficult, either. It's unique based off of procs and ability usage. (Ie, if Raging Blow isn't up I can force it by using Berserker Rage)

Arms: I absolutely love this rotation. It is continuously smooth: always something to be done. It's ability usage based off of other abilities (ie, Overpower / Rend) makes it unique in it's own right. This rotation doesn't need to be altered, in my opinion. It's simply outstanding the way it is.

8. What's on your wish list for your class?

• As mentioned, briefly, before... I wish that Heroic Leap would work in more areas. It's annoying that I cannot leap up a very small hill / ramp or I cannot leap over a rock. Obviously, I do not expect to leap up a straight wall simply because my targeting reticule says I can.... however if it's potentially able to be done (such as going up a 10 degree incline) then I should be able to use it instead of receiving a "You cannot do that here." or "There is no path available."

9. What spells do you use the least?

• Without even putting much thought into this: the first spell that came to mind is Intervene. Although it would be fun to use this ability more often, I think, it simply isn't worth using.

Another ability I don't use that often is Spell Reflect. This is simply due to the fact that I don't PvP as much, however. There are few bosses (Omnotron Defense System) that can benefit from Spell Reflect. I simply use it on trash pulls if I remember to do so.

Another ability: Strike. Seriously? I realize this is the ability new warriors get at low levels but once you obtain Heroic Strike this is forgotten about. Period.
PvE

Raids (Normals)

Non-glyphed shouts are annoying to keep up. Demo shout would be a lot more amazing if it were tied to some spell to keep it up, as of now, it feels like its a weak threat spell that we have to push because we were designed around having it up for survivability.

Mobility. Tons of utility for trash mobs in raids (stuns/disarm/spell reflect/AoE Fear).

Picking up mobs with no rage while they are in melee. Waiting for abilities to come off cooldown while tanking (just spam devastate, heroic strike/cleave and revenge (shield slam when it's up which is a mouse click for me))

It seems like hit the button when it's up. Applying debuffs feels like a waste of two cooldowns, but I do it for the survivability gain.

Better gearing choices rather than mastery + avoidance > all. Maybe also attaching demo shout to a spell so it feels a little less of waste pushing it (like thunder clap doing threat + debuff).

Intervene. There really aren't a lot of places for using it in raids these days.
Spell reflect due to pretty much no single target spell casts from bosses.
Victory Rush. Seems like it would be cool to have it proc randomly rather then sub 25% of targets health from using devastate.
- PVE

-Solo, Heroics, Rarely Raid due to so much wasted time grouping

-not much PvP

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
-tank repair costs, AOE threat

-soloing, i would love a solo dungeon or some endgame that didn't involve 9 or 24 other people. im a solitary warrior.
- laughing as the little things beat on me without moving my health bar.

-responsibilities of being a tank, but that also draws me to being one.... quandary i know..

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
-pretty straight forward

-some out of combat fluff ability, i.e. mage portal, paladin mount speed, warlock summon..
-better AOE threat
-i want to go off into a deep dark dungeon ALONE in search of that piece of gear that would make me a better tank.