Class Feedback – Warrior

Warrior
Post Limit:
Prev 1 65 66 67 Next
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE mostly but do some TB

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
All raiding and quests

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Too much haste on warrior dps gear and not enough crit

•What makes playing your class more fun?
Showing casters that MDPS can put a hurting on th baddies too

•What makes playing your class less fun?
Getting nerfed because of pansy mages and rogues

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
it's ok just cd's are way slow on recklessness and enraged regeneration. Also, the proc % is too low...

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
Better selection of weapons and armor and maybe some class specific quests

•What spells do you use the least?
hamstring, commanding shout, intimidating shout
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP/PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Dungeons/Old Raids/Baradin Hold

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Battlegrounds/some arena

What makes playing your class more fun?

I do like how arms has been made a ok spec for pve, could use some improvement though in dmg (PvE only).

What makes playing your class less fun?

Having to rely on a dispeller to do decent in PvP, I know other classes need their stuff to survive but come on I feel like a rock without a dispeller.

Feeling like dead weight in PvP/PvE in general and would be better replaced by any other melee that has superior utility/survivablity and can pull their own weight.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I think the arms rotation is very good it just needs a pve only buff to be a more acceptable choice in pve.

I think fury needs a bit of tweaking its to reliant on rng procs.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Utility, Mobility, Utility, Mobility, Utility, Mobility

What spells do you use the least?

Strike
Do you play pve/pvp, what instances or bgs do you do?
I have completed 5 years playing WoW doing pvp and pve. Both as a tank and a dps.
Plus, I have completed every instance in the game as fury and Prot and have played in every aspect of pvp in arms and prot.

What makes warrior more fun? I have tried every class...but my main will always be a warrior because it is challenging at many times which i enjoy. Mainly, because of random nerfs or buffs we get every year, the feeling and the respect you get by playing with others who understand how challenging it can be to be both a good warrior tank and a dps. Plus, i enjoyed the mobility in pvp up to the recent change with charge/intercept. Also, the knowledge that it is much more challenging to play a warrior than another plate class (easy mode all of them.)

What makes your class less fun?
Respecing, reglyphing, reforging all the time and paying for it with gold/time. Just because i want to be an overall WoW player and enjoy the PVP and PVE aspects of the game. I have always been amazed at how much more dps fury does compared to arms in pve. Perhaps one day arms will be somewhat close to fury in PVE...the broken (literally) skills that blizzard gives us such as heroic leap (cant leap over things or uphill and charge/stunjump problems, that other classes at same gear/skill levels melee plate dps can put up much more overall damage in rbgs, the overkill of Mortal Strike healing debuff...It made us unique at a time and now other classes pretty much do the same thing.

What do you think of your rotation? Fury is quite luck based even with 14% hit and 24% crit, prot is a bit too simple, arms needs to be fixed. See wish list for more info.

whats on your wish list for warrior class?
-Improve Mortal Strike healing reductions and damage. A 10% reduction to healing is overkill and an insult to the old debuff. In PVP we used to be known for our Mortal Strike and healers used to tremble and fear us and our reduction of their healing.
-Bshout shouldnt have a GCD.
-Arms dps should be buffed a bit
-fury in pvp is horrible as is Arms in pve, i hope this changes one day so we have more choice.
-hamstring should be a chance on attack as opposed to a gcd that you have to continuously reapply
-fix heroic leap....if it is so Heroic, then you should be able to jump up hills too.
-reduce shield reflect cd or make uptime longer
-make shattering throw usable in all stances and reduce cd to 2min
-take out intercept all together and make charge usable in berserker
-fix furies RNG problem
-if you actually play RBGs you will find arms is always one of the lowest overall damage dealers, thus buff it....obviously good dks will usually double arms output
-emphasise on our movement on the battlefield because that is all that we have that separates us from the other classes
-More stance dancing for arms and fury, buff our damage, but make it harder for us to get that buffed damage. As in harder rotation, but if you do it properly you will get the buffed dps.
--PVP and PVE possible builds that work well for both instead of having to respecing prot pvp, pve, arms pvp to fury pve or make it free to respec or add 1 or more specs that you could spec into and save without paying each time.
-Add more choices in the talent trees. ATM its so basic, PVP or PVE. Too basic....

I use all of em...thus, the ones i use the least are the ones with the longer cool downs.

Thank you.
A 5 year WoW warrior veteran on Daggerspine.
P.S. Thank you for finally fixing the charge/jump problem in the upcoming patch.
Mostly PvP, on occasion a raid or a dungeon

Hardly ever. tedious and boring experience

Arena, BG, on occasion RBG but the timing is tricky, wish there was a PUG RBG option

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Nerfed spell reflect, removal of consecutive charge/intercept, nerfed shield block

the use of multiple abilities in response to enemy actions, speed of movement and ease of switching target ( all those are pretty much things of the past since warriors lost most of those abilities in Cata)

The amount of unabated kiting that comes in warrior's face, non stop slows and stuns

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Satisfied, wish there were more abilities to use in responce to stuns slows and spells

Piercing Howl becomes warrior's base ability at lvl 20 and slows movement speed by like 60-70%
Restore Spell Reflect to original form, or make it reflect all the spells cast for the duration, whole 6 seconds
Heroic Throw combine as a ranged interrupt, like Gag order talent,
shortened cd on Heroic Leap or Charge/Intercept combo back as before the nerf, alternatively Charge refreshes cd with each target switch,
Heroic Leap to break roots or another form of root breaking alone the lines of Skirmisher talent,
Shorter CDs for Retalitation, Shieldwall, Recklessnes and Shattering throw, 5 min cd in PvP is an eternity
Blade Storm damage based off Mortal Strike rather than nerfed whirlwind
some form of spell damage mitigation, like plate for example mitigates 20-30% of spell dmg, since all the spell casters have multiple abilities mitigating physical dmg and as a rule more health than a plate wearer
Gain rage with stance shift rather than loose it
shorter cast time for Shattering Throw and shorter cd, I am not dealing with just one paladin or mage, 2 min cd would be goood

Whirlwind, intercept, shield block
i agree with most of what squirrelnut and the others say. how about making fury pvp more viable? fixing heroic leap is a no-brainer. maybe a longer duration/lower rage cost/more potent piercing howl and hamstring. some sort of solution to our high cost and long cd fear, which is almost always trinked out of. MORE MOBILITY!!!!! our class depends on keeping up with others, its no fun trying to keep up with other classes when your running in slow motion 90% of the time. if i happen to actually catch a mage or resto druid, i find that dmg is definitely an issue when trying to finish them off before all their cc is off cd again. a shorter cd on pummel would be great considering its hard enough to make most healers actually cast. make it so that we can actually play the spec that we LIKE to play, not be forced to choose the only viable one. i dont think it would be much to ask for a longer stun from intercept, considering the outrageous cc other classes put out nowadays. not asking for a huge buff, i just want to feel like i contribute something to arena/bgs again.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both:
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics/Raids: As said before, I like experiencing all the parts of Warcraft, fighting giant monsters and killing waves of enemies is a staple of almost any video game.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena/Rated BGs: I like the challenge of fighting a small group of people with my small group of people in arena, as well as more large scale battles in RBG.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Warriors have too many buttons that don’t do anything or don’t do anything on their own. Another thing is how much keybinding space they take up.
Hamstring is another problem. Having to apply this every 3 GCDs sucks. It’s often weaker then other snares on the target, making it impossible to apply Imp Hamstring. And quite often lag makes it so my target is just beyond the range of it.
Macros, oh hell, those macros. I have to make so many just to do my most basic moves, Spell Reflection is useless without macros, as is Shield Wall, Intervene, and Disarm.
Lack of self reliance.
Charge Jumping.
Heroic Leap. It can’t be used on enemies on higher level ground and often will not go off if even a small rock or other doodad is in the way.

What makes playing your class more fun? Mobility: Charge/Intercept is loads of fun, despite it often failing in PvP, being able to zoom towards a target to engage in combat is great.
Heroic Leap, despite its failings, is a lot of fun, being able to leap into a mob of enemies and quickly escape if things go bad is awesome.
Unique animations like thunderclap, Bladestorm/ Whirlwind and shouts are nice. Anything but overhead slash overhead slash etc.
Burst Coolddowns are also nice. It’s really satisfying being able to press a button like Death Wish and Recklessness and see big numbers.
Spell Reflection, when it works, being able to turn your enemy moves against them is a cool concept.
Retaliation is also a neat way to fight back, and is a nice thing to grab agro when tanking. It would also be great to have a mini retaliation of some sort.

Being easily countered. Every class should have it’s counters, but when it gets to the point that you can be completely nullified.
Having to make new macros every time I get a new piece of gear. Having to make macros just to use my abilities. Macro failure.
Charge Jumping.
Lack of self reliance.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I love both the Arms and Fury rotations. They are both fun and engaging.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Less reliance on macros would be nice. Either having abilities put you in the correct stance or just not requiring shields for some moves.
Some kind of snare break besides Bladestorm.
Bladestorms damage to be improved.
Spell Reflection to be improved by making it a smallish duration, say 5 seconds, and reflecting all spells or having a 10 second duration and having up to 3 charges to prevent it from being wasted.
Hamstring being buffed somehow.
Heroic Throw to be improved with a spec specific talent or some kind of glyph to have some sort of affect like a snare, incapacitate, debuff or something .
Heroic Leaps damage brought up and it’s damage radius made larger as well as fixing it’s pathing, animation, and giving it a daze or some other debuff.
Charge Jumping fixed somehow.
Stances to mean something again. Moves doing different things in different stances.
Less buttons.
Shouts off of the GCD.

What spells do you use the least? Demoralizing Shout, Sunder Armor (I use glyphs for that), Inner Rage.
PvP mainly, with some PvE

Heroics only at the moment, because Arms isn't a viable DPS spec

BG's to this point, but about to begin RBG's and Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I love the rage mechanic. I also like having some decent survivability while questing now (which isn't as big an issue since I don't have to worry about leveling, but it still helps while doing dailies).

I can actually make more than a couple pulls without having to stop to heal now, which is a definite plus.

- Need for so many macros.
- Lack of mobility, especially in PvP.
- Inability to prevent kiting.

I have absolutely no issues with my rotation.

- Heroic Throw to be changed from "X damage + high threat" to a ranged CC
- Berserker's Rage to apply to roots as well
- Buff in some way, shape or form for Hamstring
- Less need for macros
- Heroic Leap to be usable here
- Heroic Leap to apply a snare/stun and/or be usable while rooted (I would gladly give up its measly amount of damage for either of these, and especially for both of them)
- Spell Reflect to get a drastic CD reduction, or some other buff against spells
- Arms to be a viable DPS spec again
- Battle/Commanding Shout off the GCD
- *Much* shorter CD on Intimidating Shout
- Something to give us bigger burst damage
- 50% heal reduction on Mortal Strike given back. For SO many reasons that I could list here, but I won't.

Whirlwind, Cleave, Heroic Leap, Heroic Throw, Intercept, Strike, Inner Rage
I feel like when we switch targets we get so rage starved. its like my tauren stratches his !@# before he decides to attack or has rage.
pvp

raids

All 3 (however i can get gear)

low burst damage compared to other classes, poor mobility, armor is useless since its bypassed or ignored by world of spell or bleed craft. Actually think to be totally viable we need a tri spec option since re-glyphing, gemming, and gearing gets expensive. I do arms/prot for arena/rbgs, but cant go in any raids as dps fury if i wanted.

other than being a die hard warrior the class will always be my favorite but right now it its poor state fun really isnt anywhere in the equation.

Getting dominated by every other class in the game, with no chance of beating them unless they are totally outgeared

Dated, mundane, all the skill out of playing a warrior was removed no more stance dancing. To me the class was dumbed down for the casual player and the burst was nerfed too hard.

comperable burst to dk's and ret pallys, make the class unique again bring back a stronger ms, warriors shouldnt be able to be snared or disarmed (remember a fearless raging juggernaut) not a slow moving, stun locked, weaponless bladestorming dieing machine.

strike??? seriously wtf is this an ability you dont develop any further. Why dk's have tons of different strikes how come warriors are pigeon holed into have no options. Why update it, useable after an enemy parry (revenge equil but made for battle stance) does 200% weapon damage and ignores targets armor. Would help vs melee and not effect casters as much bringing some balance back.
i miss warrior mobility and our spell reflect not on a horrible CD, basically wotlk was fun as *heck
bring back intercept for more mobility and stance dancing, spell reflect for more utility and survivability, warriors just feel like mindless CD popping dmg bots atm, would die to have these changes put in even if it meant nerfing our damage

-edit : also putting a feral/dk in place of the warrior in most warrior 3's comps will make it a stronger comp
don't have enough time to apply everything we need to apply, arms need to apply 5 things from a gcd to apply good damage, thats not counting trinkets recklessness etc.
that takes far too long and they usually have their kiting ability up by the time its all applied, then when we get a chance to catch up, we have to reapply it all again, or they will just out run us with their slows

the people saying arms should be pve, fury should be pvp, youre all idiots, we don't need variety, youre going to destroy this class with stupid ideas like that, we have a pve dps spec, and a pvp dps spec, use them accordingly. pvp is strategic cc, not raw burst damage that fury has, i know swifties vids look appealing, but hes not doing it alone. and his gear is ridiculous.
PvE

Raids and Heroics

2v2 Arenas on my preist

Not being as mobile as I should be in Arms spec during PvP. Also some damage issues on certain raid encounters

that I can hold aggro with Rend, Thunder Clap so easily

Not having mobility in Arms or fury specs when I need it.

My fury Rotation is awesome but sometimes I dont get the Crits or enrages and My dps suffers. I love the Arms Rotation but its damage isnt as high

For more mobility and a little more damage in Arms

Probably would be demoralizing shout
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroics

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Heroic leap could be a bit "reworked"

I love the feeling when i have rend on every target and knowing... i am not going to lose threat ever.

I'd like longer durations on our Battle/Commanding shout

From a tanking standpoint, i love everything about it. Although i am looking forward to the "active mitigation system"

I'd like "Demoralizing shout" to be worked into thunder clap, it's not a huge deal but i often forget about it

Inner rage(it is useful, but again.. i'm lazy), and intervene
i have one thing to say and that is that i am not happy with the fact that dual-wield is now only for fury spec. I would like to be able to wield my one handed weapons in arms like i used to be able too. you should still keep the extra damage for the fury passive ability but dont make it unavailible for other specs. After all fury warriors are able to wield two handed weapons without two handed weapon specializatoin so why not make it the other way around for arms. This is the only item on my wish list for warriors.
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]•
PvP
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]•
Shut up PvE guy!

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]•
Arena, some RBG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.•

Our hamstring need to become a MS buff or the slow speed of hamstring should be increased to 60%. It's a global we could live without.

Heroic Leap is broken, for god sakes goblins have a better functioning heroic leap. To mend all the suffering and pain warriors have experienced you should also make heroic leap break you from a root, I mean it's a HEROIC leap, not a wussy leap.

I hate not being considered for RBG's unless I'm prot.

What makes playing your class more fun?•

Being viable in Arena
Being viable in RBG's as ARMS
TSG is viable in 3's

What makes playing your class less fun?•

NOT BEING ABLE TO CHARGE STUN PPL IN RING OF VALOR
Not being Viable in arena, Not being Viable in HIGH RATED RBGS unless I'm prot
Losing matches because of heroic leap sucking.
Losing matches because I'm outclassed by every other melee in the game.
DK WAR PALLY is nolonger a staple 3's comp. It's a classic comp that needs some warrior love.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)•

Rotation is fine.
What’s on your wish list for your class?•

UA, I'm sorry removing this and nerfing MS made us absolutly useless to any comp in this game. Fix this and warriors can forgive you for all the dmg nerfs.

UA, lol I want it back, if we don't get a 50% MS atleast give us back a 50% UA. and buff MS.

Plz fix heroic leap. I mean plz, for the love of god fix HEROIC LEAP. Also, Heroic Leap should break you out of a root.

A new equip slot that lets us throw in our sheilds and 1h's and 2h's so that when we cast spell reflect we don't need a macro. Same with Intervene or any other shield requiring ability.

Our class is clunky atm, we are only class that hasn't gotten a workover since vanilla and our playstyle feels outdated.

Breathe some life into the warrior class blizz, Dk's ferals rogues and now RETS who are getting another buff are having all the fun, and warriors are the MOST UNDER REPRESENTED CLASS IN ARENA ! Thats a big deal, and you need to get on it and fix it.

Our Mastery got buffed, but still is not at where it was before it got nerfed. Buff it back to where it was at.

Inner Rage, This was a good ability, but now its pretty useless for an arms warrior, with our limited uptime we use heroic strike as a last ditch effort after exhausting MS OP and Slam only when rage permits. So inner rage is absolutely useless. It was fine the way it was before. The only time we would spam HS is with DC up, however we can't cast inner rage with DC up.

Both

Raids/Heroic Raids

Arenas/RBGs

Things you offer to other classes such as rogues having a disarm with little to no cost, I can't use it without suffering tremendously from stance dancing. You've progressed to put things such as Berserker Rage into the no stance required to class list, waiting to see more hit there. And hamstring, it's awful.

Having a healbot to allow me to faceroll (not implying I do enough dps to faceroll.) Coming from someone who has played since release of the game and grinded HWL twice, the before sentence was much more truthful in the previous years. Now it seems that I can still be healed, but I cannot faceroll because I have no real burst threat.

Being 100% useless and kited by the simplest of snares that every class has, loss of mobility and DPS in both pve/pvp is making the class less appealing. Removal of WF totem granting extra swings was also a heart-breaker. Along with MS being useless, since most classes have one now. And hamstring being a useless snare when other classes such as rogues/dk's have much better slows at higher percentages. Where's the logic in that?

The proc dependency on slam and an enrage to activate raging blow is hard to rely on. Given BT is a 3s CD, relying on heroic strike for the rest of your dps is a bit lame.

Rage generation being revamped yet again. Normalization has brought much staleness to the class. I would also like to see Heroic leap become useful, the mobility it pretends to grant is amazing, but maybe it should break snares and actually work without the ground having to be 100% flat. An ant hill would prevent it from being used, also it pretends to have a shorter range than the animation allows, granting a green location when it'll just tell you it's too far.

Sunder(due to it applying off of heroic throw, and kept up with csmash glyphs)
Shattering throw(major personal dps loss, hardly ever a raid dps gain)
Strike(understood it's a low lvl skill)
Whirlwind/Cleave(only rarely good for trash pulls)
Raging Blow(last in the rotation line, IF you are ever enraged. With the other short CD's, even when you are enraged the skill isn't too appealing, even with 4 piece t12)
Intercept(what's the use? you took it away from the class)
Intervene(purely for mobility, rarely viable for threat dumps on dps because threat gain is no longer an issue for tanks)
Heroic Fury(hardly ever spec this in pve, no one pvp's fury. Viable spell for PVP but it's in the wrong tree, isn't any encounters where this skill seems useful next to a zg archaeology boss.)
Bladestorm(trash skill? mobility enabler.. Usually impending death in pvp.)

ALSO ON A SIDE NOTE;

Whatever loot lock option you have set on my warrior, please remove it. I have not seen useful weapon drops (per expansion) whether it be 1H's prior to TG fury viability or current 2H drops in FL heroic OR normal versions. Give me a break. 6 years with no loot luck after being nothing but patient. ALSO, my rolls.. raise the governor over 15 please. I can't outroll anyone to save my life. It's hard enough when things never drop for me that when they do I have to depend on NO ONE else ever needing things to get them. Starting up a spreadsheet of my rolls over time now, you'll see. JUST WAIT!
Our arms mastery
weak and not fun. more Bleed damage, Arp, or Inst atk damage whould be cool, Or buff auto atk back up. 20% chance to proc off a 6-7k hit to land a 6-7k hit. and 10% to crit. hmmmm.

MS
back when we had a 50% debuff we needed a 25% debuff added to that to keep up with healers.
Now with healers being ever more obseured we only have 10%. so we have become the !@# end of all healers jokes.
Its sad when we cant kill, let alone have them use mana. then a under geared DK levels them in secs. and even in a fair even fight. Warriors are lucky to drop the mana bar. while a DK and keep great pressure and get a kill in good time.

Herioc Hop. When i get Knocked Off blades edge Bridge. I want to JUMP back up. NOT tryed to use it and get (sorry you cant do that, theres grass in the way) or (Sorry you cant do that, you may hurt the Bunny)

Hamstring
If we have to use it. Let it stay on target Even if better slows get used by other ppls. And Let us land it on the target If a better one is applyed before hand. Its the only Slow that doesnt get Disspelled, and we cant use it if theres a mage, DK, feral, rogue around. or it gets removed and the target gets a cleanise and off he goes loling at are weak shoot at killing him cuz he can hydrid heal.

Herioc stike
This needs to be looked at. Yes its a rage dump. So what. ppl are debating that its just better to stay raged caped(if it happens) of a few secs before you use most it up on MS,CS,OP Slam. and that it makes to better DPS and burst to save it.
Its needs to be balanced around better damage per rage.
ether Hit hard and cost alot. or becheap and and hit for a bit more then our weak auto atk. Hey then Inner rage can be useful! lol. yah right. its more worthless then dehydrated water(just add wa....)

last note.
I ve been playing a warrior since i started playing in vanilla, loves her so much. never played any other classes and Now i Find that i rather play a DK with half the gear for the one fact...It can kill healers. and not get Loled at when i get on them. At lest as a warrior i dont spam buttons over and over. Like if a warrior played like a DK. Warriors whould spam MS and SLAM like a DK and spam OBLT and FS and even necro. hey then warriors whould play like, Hunters, rogues, priests,Druids....

or
Just give DKs charge. Warriors fixed