Prev 1 10 11 12 76 Next
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Hard Mode raiding

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Not being able to see any amount of character progression or customization due to Moonkin Form. Moonkin Form should be an optional talent, as it brings nothing to the table. It's even more insulting that balance druids were told we'd get an updated Moonkin Form in this expansion which has never materialized. First we were told it would come in late Beta. Then we were told that it would come in one of the first two patches of the expansion, now it's completely off the radar.

Compounded on that, Worgen and Troll balance druids didn't even get a unique Moonkin Form model despite both getting unique Feral Forms. Worgen and Trolls clearly use the Night Elf Moonkin model as is evident by the fact that they have Night Elf ears on them. You can clearly see the gigantic ears sticking out.

What makes playing your class more fun?

It merely is. The no definitive answer as to why I play a balance druid, I've just always been drawn to the spec and I always will.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Being tied into Eclipse in many horrible ways. The fact that I feel my damage is absolute garbage if Eclipse isn't up while it's similarly far too strong once Eclipse is up. The complete lack of balancing between Lunar and Solar Eclipse forcing balance druids to game the system in ways that were clearly not intended in order to remain viable.

The fact that we have absolutely no movement DPS whatsoever. Originally there was Lunar Shower, but it was thought that Lunar Shower was for some reason the root cause of balance druids sitting in Solar and doing nothing but spamming Sunfire, Insect Swarm, and Wild Mushroom. The current Lunar Shower results in a loss of DPS if you take it and make use of it; also, balance druids still sit in Solar doing nothing but spamming Sunfire, Insect Swarm, and Wild Mushroom.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Saying that it's the worst rotation every designed would perhaps be unfair, yet accurate. To be kind, from a design standpoint, the balance druid rotation is absolutely flawless. The perfect balance that we have been Eclipse and non-Eclipse uptime is pure brilliance, someone obviously spent a lot of time calculating out the perfect way that everything should flow in order to retain damage balance. However, this person clearly never actually constructed the rotation in-game and tried to play with it themselves.

In the practical use of the rotation in the game, you want to do everything that Blizzard didn't want you to do. Forcing yourself to remain in a Solar Eclipse in order to actually have viable AoE damage is absolutely ridiculous. It isn't just a matter that you would lose upwards of 5,000 DPS should you not have any Eclipse up for AoE, but that you lose just as much DPS for being in a Lunar Eclipse. There is absolutely no design parity between Lunar and Solar Eclipse -- far too many of our spells are loaded down into Solar while Lunar has virtually nothing.

Worse yet, gaming the rotation in such a way is not intuitive to the game at all. A majority of our talents force us to follow the strict rotation that Blizzard would like for us to use, therefore a new balance druid would likely follow it, not realizing that they are often missing out on thousands of DPS by doing so. The only way for a balance druid to know of this modified rotation is to actively go out and seek the information from outside sources.

For as well crafted as the balance druid rotation is, it is poorly designed.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Optional Moonkin Form
Updated Moonkin Form
Parity between Lunar and Solar Eclipse damage
Fixing balance druid movement and AoE damage
Travel Form indoors -- Shaman have Ghost Wolf
Fixing the Typhoon bug introduced in 4.1

What spells do you use the least?

Hurricane -- Wild Mushroom and Sunfire offer higher AoE damage, this spell has no purpose.

Thorns -- Not a viable defensive mechanic in PvP, not enough damage to be worth casting in PvE. Only real use is as a movement spell.

Any healing ability -- Aside from Tranquility, our healing spells are far too weak, far too expensive, and cost way too much in terms of damage/defenses in order to use.
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]-- PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]-- Raids

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]-- BG's

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. -- I think we are ok on QoL right now.

•What makes playing your class more fun? --Shapeshifting. Being the only class in the game that can do any role needed.

•What makes playing your class less fun? Limited abilities. I think each spec has like 7 actions/spells that can be done/cast.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)-- Its kinda boring. Most classes have some type of proc system but resto druids just Rev, WG, swiftmend, over and over. I think having some type of free proc heal would be cool. Some thing that is off the GCD and is instant cast. Like pyroblast for fire mages

•What’s on your wish list for your class?-- More Shapeshift forms. Or better customization of forms. Like Transmorifaction with armor, Druids don't see their armor very often so being able to customize our forms would be cool. Like have a cat form with longer hair or bigger ears, just something that makes us look apart from every other druid out there.

•What spells do you use the least? Hands down Regrowth, its just not cost effective for the mana cost.
What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? I do miss perma-tree form. Its neat seeing my gear, but having a form seems to be the whole idea behind druids. Maybe we could have permanent small tree form and grow into the larger new model when we use our cooldown?

What makes playing your class more fun? Not having to sit on bosses that are designed in ways that make other healers more valuable (namely, single target healing fights like baleroc)

What makes playing your class less fun? No longer having utility. Battle rez is given to a lot of classes and innervate is no longer useful on anyone but myself - this took a little bit of the fun out of the class, for me.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? The druid healing 'rotation' feels very good to me. I never feel like there is a real hiccup in what I should be casting

What’s on your wish list for your class? A damage reduction or absorption cooldown. Tranquility is really amazing, but at the high end of raiding, nothing beats a % raid damage reduction.

What spells do you use the least? Aquatic Form?
What type of content do you focus on?
PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroic dungeons and raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Restoration: I feel like I have more tools to tank heal then raid heal.. but everyone wants me to raid heal. It's difficult to learn how to heal in heroics, which is primarily tank healing, to raid healing in raids.
Balance: There's so much wait time. Wait for starfire to cast, wait during the travel time between eclipses, etc.

Restoration: I really love the mobility. I like being able to heal on the run, to stop and cast a regrowth, and go back to running again.
Balance: I like blowing things up with my mushrooms, especially when soloing content.

Restoration: I don't feel very powerful. Tree of Life's GCD makes me not want to use ToL.
Balance: Staring at the moonkin form all the time. The cast time on starfire, and I just plain don't like the unpredictability of starsurge's proc.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Restoration: No complaints. Maybe a little annoyed at loosing lifebloom stacks when things get chaotic. Reapplying it sucks.
Balance: Feels boring. I feel stuck in one place and just casting the same things over and over trying to swing between eclipse procs.

Restoration: I'd love to see a CD to apply three stacks of lifebloom on a target. I'd also love some kind of CD that reduces the mana cost of Rejuvenation so I can blanket a raid with it if I need to. I don't want to be stuck in permanent tree form, please. I know a lot of people want that, but I don't.
Balance: Make Moonkin form be a CD like ToL. Give me another button to press in my single target rotation. Or maybe give me control of my eclipse procs, let the solar/lunar points sit at 100 until I hit an eclipse button. Give me the mobility of of an elemental shaman or something.

Restoration: Healing Touch. I only use it as triage, macroed to nature's swiftness.
Balance: Nature's Grasp, Cyclone, Hurricane.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mainly PVE and casual PvP

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids/heroics

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs/Rated BGs

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As it's already been said I truly miss the perma tree form I feel that if people wanted to see their gear then perhaps they shouldn't have rolled a druid which it's main mechanic is to be "shape shifted" so they should have been prepared to not see their gear besides the only time you need to be shape shifted is when you're actually healing and whose paying attention to their gear when they're supposed to be healing? I think that we should have perm tree form then shift into a greater tree for the buff that we get now when we shift into tree would be a pretty neat mechanic or some type of glyph or toggle feature is good enough for me but I no longer feel unique or like a druid.. Not much of a druid if you don't shape shift... I also wish that nourish was a more desirable heal to use at this point I hardly use it the healing output from it isn't enough for me to want to use it for the amount of mana it costs

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to shape shift being a tree REALLY made the druid class for me as all my friend knew me as "the tree". I also like being able to have movement while healing unlike a lot of other healers that require to just stand there.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

No treeform and while in PvP my heals seem minimal compared to others unless I spam regrowth and oom my self.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The rotation is fine I have no issues with it

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

- Perma tree form ( preferably the way it was in wrath having an actual tab for it and having to use it to heal and then shifting into a "greater tree") or I can settle with any option.
- More desirable reason to use nourish

# What spells do you use the least?
soothe and nourish
PvE

25 man raiding (heroic and regular modes)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I want to see more done with the Wild Mushrooms/Wild Mushrooms: Detonate spells. I currently only use them at the beginning of a boss encounter for a quick 40k damage and only use them during bosses if I need to slow something or during boss fights with large AoE packs.

This druid was my first character back in Vanilla wow. Considering this character and class was my first so I could never hate it, I think I'd have to go with a love of the goofy moonkin form, and the fact that I'm a support class because of the several buffs and spells I bring to encounters (Innervate, Battle Rez, Thorns, Tranquility, etc.).

Being required to heal if we're short a healer :(. In all seriousness, I don't think anything about being a druid isn't fun.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Too much simplicity, especially in single-target fights. I want a little more challenge: maybe throw in some cooldowns or another spell to make it a little more challenging. Obviously, things get a bit more sticky in multiple-target encounters, but it still doesn't feel as challenging as it could be.

A better "burn" ability (or +DPS cooldowns) for late in boss encounters when you're blowing potions and trinket cooldowns to maximize DPS. I feel like that's one area that moonkin are currently lacking. As for druids as a whole, I'd love to see greater form customization (bears and kitties got new colors, tree of life got a new model, whereas moonkins got the same look they've had since the form was released) rather than just recoloring the model. Also, I'd love to see more *cosmetic* changes to a few things, like maybe adding a dance animation for aquatic form druids, or having the Treants dance along with a balance druid.

Entangling Roots (So far there hasn't been much use for it in raid situations), Hibernate (See Entangling Roots), Soothe (next to nothing requires an ability like this in raid situations).
What type of content do you focus on? PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Raids

I'd really like to see moonkin form be more customizable be it either being able to at least change colors on it like feral forms or our gear being visible in moonkin form.

Multitarget and ae fights as moonkin are pretty fun.

Getting mushrooms setup and mobs being moved away from them and not getting any 'execute' type ability or extra damage when mobs are low when most other classes get one.

No complaints.

Sticky Mushrooms- I'd like to see the ability to stick mushrooms to both friendly and hostile targets, as it would create a bunch of cool new things you could do with them in both pve and pvp

Treants are boring- Treants are just a lame and boring spell I feel like that point in the tree could be replaced by a much more fun spell like some sort of better damage cooldown than trees that melee things.

Execute abililty- Something to boost our damage during the 'execute phase' would be nice too. Be it a flat increase to damage or something like our dots auto refreshing, maybe euphoria being 100% proc chance, something like starfall cd being refreshed, or even an entirely new spell would be appreciated.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE Resto PvP Boomkin

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] 10m Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] pvp is less then diserable for resto druids, since hots only go so far and we have long cast times on our big direct heal where it can be interrupted i see no point in pvp these days where other healers do so much better.

What makes playing your class more fun? the fact that i can heal massive aoe without running out of mana in half a second during raids is fun in my opinion, but i feel the direct healing could be much better, i also miss my perma tree form why this was taken away from us is beyond me i don't know any druids who like to see their armor and wouldn't want the old tree form back, while its a nice cd, you could have made a different one and kept our tree form.

What makes playing your class less fun? poor direct heals, its iritating to a tank die because you can't much help with healing on him. also moonkin is good dps, but i never want to play it because i don't wanna be a huge chicken, an update on its model or something would be nice, like what you did in patch 3.2 with the bear and cat models.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) we have a rotation?

What’s on your wish list for your class? BRING BACK TREE FORM NOW. also a better direct heal, i mean healing touch and nourish do their job, but what the heck is regrowth its dumb only reason why i ever cast it its to get rid of an omen of clarity proc. another thing is a nice threat drop would be nice, so many times i have died because my hots pull threat, MY HOTS BLIZZ WTF, even when you buffed threat. giving us the ability to shift into cat and use something like feign death would be nice, that way we aren't dying from adds that the tank has trouble picking up...

What spells do you use the least? whats that ability cats have that drops threat by like 20%? yeah never use that cause it doesn't work.
■What type of content do you focus on? PvP and PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics and raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? Mainly arena, some RBG's

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Having to shift out of form to dispel or heal fellow teammates, raiders or myself.

■What makes playing your class more fun? I love being able to contribute to what my raid needs most, which atm is tanking

■What makes playing your class less fun? Class nothing, Spec wise i dont like how balance/resto are able to go kitty/bear but a feral cant go Moonkin or Tree. All of the other Druid trees have a specific form, i would like for feral to have a specific form, or at even a CD that would x-form our cat or bear to something more unique to feral.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I definately enjoyed the more difficult rotation of wrath, but the cata rotation is definately less stressfull and much more forgiving, which at time is welcome.

■What’s on your wish list for your class? A form available only to the feral tree

■What spells do you use the least? Mushroom and Mushroom detonate lol]

Thank you for this opportunity to express some of my thoughts, i think these threads are a great idea!

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

A few Things i would like to see ...
1 . Allow berserk to break fear again . i realize fear immunity is a little overpowered and would not expect that , but a way to break fear would be great .
2 , I think a different type of tanking is fun for me . i enjoy being avoidance based , granted having a little lower health pool ( due to itemization is a bother . but our armor values and avoidance usually mean that even at under 200k health i still feel like a tank .

fears . and having no magic resistance or mitigation . aside from a cool down and the 6 percent from talents .

I feel for single target tanking my rotation is fine , sometime a pain to keep pulverize refreshed when dealing with multiple mobs tho .

What’s on your wish list for your class? Some kind of visual appearance for armor . even a shoulder pad or breastplate visible would be nice . a fear escape . less use of disorientate and stuns on initial pulls . would prefer to at least get a few attacks off before dps and healers may draw aggro due to the fact i can't even get an attack off before being stun @***d in some dungeons .

What spells do you use the least? .
i guess i use a lot of my spells ( probably more so then your average tank , eg : warstomp , entangling roots , natures grasp ) . tho i guess thorns is really not used too much because of having to shape shift out of bear form to cast. tho it helps a little bit on the aforementioned pulls when we instantly get stun locked . it does not produce enough damage or threat to help too much less i out gear the content and thus require little healing and the dps are aware of the stunning mechanic . would be nice to not have to shape shift to cast this .
PVE

Raids

1) No ranged silence ability, and being the only tank not to have one. Thus being the only tank to lack the ability to effectively pull caster mobs without the use of terrain (LOS)
2) The inability to use many helpful abilities while tanking. Dropping out of bear form to use things like tranquility, rebirth, innvervate is almost certain death unless in special situations. Whereas Paladins & Warriors while tanking do have abilities they can use to help the raid.
3) Berserk not being able to break fear any more. It doesn't need to give fear immunity, but just having that fear break would be a major help in some situations
4) Dropping out of bear form (esp when needing to mount up in an instance, or having to cast rebirth) causes us to lose all accumulated rage

-Storm Crow (Flight) form
-Having so many different forms to shift into (and thus so many different dances)
-Able to talent into performing all 4 roles in the game (tank, melee, ranged, healer) and thus having to learn about all the abilities in the class to play those roles effectively

-Not being able to use costumes while in forms
-In situations where it feels like it's better to let another class tank because the druid can provide many beneficial tools (tranquility, rebirth, innvervate) more easily while not tanking
-Having to compete against dps classes for our tanking gear, more so than plate tanks (I'm perfectly aware that it is designed with that intent, but it is a factor under this point in my opinion)

-Bear rotation feels like the right balance; it doesn't severely punish us for it not being perfect. Tanks tend to have so much to watch out for (boss abilities, cooldown timing) that we can't necessarily maintain a perfect rotation the whole time

-The ability to further customize our forms. I'm thinking along the lines of apparel such as tattoos, tribal war paints, body armor/coverings (collars, arm/leg bands, maybe a saddle-look-a-like), head pieces (tribal war masks), jewelery (horn rings, ear/nose piercings). I'd imagine it as an additional class thing, like rogue lockpicking or hunter pet talent trees. Preferably not tied to a piece of gear (aka Fandral's Flamescythe), but maybe say something that is automatically unlocked when you have beaten a certain boss/encounter
-A ranged silence ability. Perhaps a deep feral tree talent that modifies Feral Faerie Fire to silence would be a good idea.
-Updated models for moonkin, travel, aquatic forms
-For players to be able to ride on our travel forms, like in the comics and novels (wishful thinking, I know ; ; )

Thorns - A lot of trouble to have to keep shifting out to cast
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] N/A

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Resto is by far the weakest healer at 85 in PvP - Primary because of a lack of any type of Aura Mastery kind of CD and the incredible amount of GCD's required to fully hot a target (ie after a switch). Converting the 4 piece PvP bonus to allow a 3x stack of LB on one application is an easy answer to this. Resto also has no real answer to burst... and the game is crawling with it at this momement.

Restore the old talent for improved barkskin to alow increased armor in travel form for resto.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Utilty - and for me, moving cyclone back to 70 would be a great thing. =)

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Having no real viablity in Arena compared to the other healers.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Ratations aren't reall used in PvP. =\

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Improved survivability.

■What spells do you use the least?

Healing Touch
PVE
Heroics, Raiding, Soloing content
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Eclipse
The AoE mechanic of the boomkin and change to haste. The "boom chicken" is no longer that. It's crit heavy mechanics in WoLK gave it a great feel of dropping huge hits when procs aligned just right, much like the fun of a fire mage's dps surging up and down the charts. Now it's about speeding to favorable Eclipse mechanics.
The mushrooms are interesting, but feel disjointed. The placing of them seems almost to interrupt the flow of the rotation, a different set up all together. I actually liked the old Starfall - I had to evaluate when to unleash it - it was 'Druidic', unleashing this grand power but if it was set off without thought, it could pull extra mobs and wipe a party. Combined with Hurricane and dots, it was a fun mechanic for me. I've given up my Druid for the most part, going so far as to drop my Herbalism, since I never take her out of Stormwind anymore.
See Above
Moving the boomkin model to a passive buff and active buff, more like tree of life
See Above

PvE

Heroic dungeons and normal mode raids

Can't think of an issue that isn't currently solved with a glyph. But you might as well just get rid of reagent requirements for all abilities that have a glyph to do that and replace those glyphs with more interesting options that players might actually debate with themselves on using. As it is, those reagent removing glyphs seem like no-brainers.

The freedom to switch roles from melee to tank to caster to healer within the same character and being able to then experience completely different styles of playing.

In general... not being able to see gear most of the time makes me sad, particularly with transmogrification coming. I have two very awesome sets planned out and almost complete, but I'll only ever see them when standing in orgrimmar or if I change specs back to balance.

I really like the concept of alternating eclipses for balance. I do feel like the damage difference between being in an eclipse and out of an eclipse might be too great however. I think a more interesting differentiation would be to grant different abilities in different eclipse states, somewhat like how the chakras for a holy priest give qualitative differences in abilities, like reducing a cooldown, changing a spell from single-target to AOE, etc. The sunfire/moonfire change is neat visually, but having the two spells actually be slightly different spells would be interesting. Something like Sunfire doing less damage, but putting a debuff on the target that can carry over into lunar eclipse, making moonfire do even more damage once you come back around to that. Other things like being able to place four mushrooms (or the detonate cooldown reduced by a couple of seconds) in solar eclipse, and casting starfall in lunar eclipse gives the shards splash damage would make things a bit more interesting.

Both feral rotations are interesting (feral tank is MUCH more interesting than it was in WOTLK, thanks so much for that).

I haven't played restoration in a while, but when I did, there didn't seem to be much of a problem with the rotation. The rejuvenation -> swiftmend mechanic to get the AoE healing feels a little clunky at times, but at least it's different from the other point-and-click AoE heals from other classes.

A glyph that removes the AoE silence portion of solar beam, but significantly reduces it's cooldown.

Some kind of ranged interrupt/silence/puller for feral tanks to get caster mobs at range to come to you (like how paladins have avenger's shield, warriors have the talented heroic throw, and deathknights have death grip/strangulate).

A cooldown for restoration to use on tanks to reduce their damage, increase their healing, or something, would be nice. A longer cooldown form of barkskin castable on another target would be a godsend.

Edit: Forgot to say... please *no* permanent tree of life form... If anything, get rid of moonkin form and make it a cooldown. Thanks!

Aside from Teleport: Moonglade... I use them all quite a bit.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
1- PVP only

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
1-N/A

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas 2v2, 3v3, bgs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
1-I play resto on my druid and one of the biggest quality-of-life issues is that lifebloom require too many globals cooldowns to get to 3stack

2- The lack of survability against many melee cleave in arena. like TSG or Ret / dk / healer

■What makes playing your class more fun?
1-The mobility

■What makes playing your class less fun?
1-resto druid are just too squishy even with tree of life

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
1- i like the rotation, but it requires too many globals cooldowns (rej, lifebloom, lifebloom, lifebloom, wild growth) having a reduce global cd on lifebloom like before in WOTLK would be awesome

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
1- Make a talent to reduce de global cooldown of lifebloom
2-The talent perseverance is too weak if you compare other class with the same kind of talent
3-Boost the healing of Regrowth
4-Make resto druid competitive against any other healers (resto shaman are op )

■What spells do you use the least?
i use almost everything as a resto druid
Feral Druid - US The Forgotten Coast

PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

When it comes to feral druid quality-of-life, there really aren't many things that would make the spec/class easier to play or remove an annoying aspect of it. The only thing(s) that I can think of would have to be a redirect ability for ferals similar to that of the rogue, since on mights like Majordomo, when you need to switch between the spawned cat adds and the boss, you lose the CPs on the boss and lose much needed bleed uptime on the boss. A quality for bears could possibly be an addition of a range attack such as a warriors Heroic Throw or a paladins Avenger's Shield, yes, they have Fairie Fire but the ability doesn't hit for nearly as hard or apply as much threat as the other tanks, and it would make tanking control much more manageable. Also, with the change to Shred, aggro has been a problem for me, even after the 500% threat increase, since a cats opening with all CDs popped creates MASSIVE aggro, and Cower just doesn't cut it anymore. Maybe buff cower to a more substantial threat drop or lower threat all together.

When it comes to feral cat, I couldn't love it more, although I miss the fast pace it had back in the BC/Wrath days when the GCD was much faster than it was now, but I digress. Bears, and tanking in general, needs to be more fun than that of a chore, which I feel it is like that when I used to tank. Tanking was fun for me at one point, probably when the fights included more tank experience than the fights in Cataclysm required, and I feel that there can be some improvement in some way to WANT people to want to tank instead of MAKING them.

The one thing that I have not liked about feral dps is ever since Cataclysm came out, the playstyle for cat has changed many times. Due to PvP "overpoweredness" cats in PvE were greatly effected since the bleeds were nerfed and essentially lowered the value of mastery and bleeds for cat, which I feel made the spec what it was. Yes, the Shred buff was necessary but it brought the class away from its roots of the bleed spec to what seems to be more like a combat rogue, as if to homogenize both classes.

The feral cat rotation is quite possibly one of the few remaining specs in the game that actually require you to use more than three buttons to DPS. I love the fact that I need to manage DoT uptime, watch my Savage Roar buff to make sure it doesn't fall off, manage energy and CDs so I have enough to reapply bleeds when they fall. The only thing that could possibly be worked on is when a feral uses Berserk, you essentially apply bleeds and spam Shred like no other, and I feel giving some ability, like ferocious bite, some kind of added buff during this phase, because its coming to the point that using FB during berserk isn't even worth using over a Shred.

Refer to Redirect proposal
Visible Armor/weapons in bear/cat form (with customization)
Race specific travel forms (ie raptor for troll, panther for NE etc)

Maim, Pounce

Both

Heroics and Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?

Arenas, BGs

Positional issues on shred in PvE. I feel I contribute less on any boss that requires micromanaging my position just to contribute as much to my raid. Examples are major domo and even simpler ones like baleroc when I'm tanking a shard. It seems other classes don't understand how important it is for me to be behind a boss, and it's the only class I've played where I cannot use an ability (usually noticing after the fact) that it's based on a trivial thing like where I stand. This ability is rarely used in pvp even though it should be one of my hardest hitting attacks.

plethora of abilities. I feel it's too much to be honest, shifting into different forms, stealth, shadow meld, battle rez, run speed increases, etc

shred :(

I feel my rotation suffers a lot when there are multiple targets or a fight requires frequent target switching. if I have 5 combo points on domo in cat form and he leaps, do I "waste" those 5 points and switch to kitties or wait 3 seconds for him to come back to make use of my rip? Maybe a suggestion would be to have combo points per target with a 10second window where it is used or lost.

Removing the positional requirement on shred is long overdue

claw, cower
Resto

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Regular Raiding with some Heroic

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I would say decreased raid utility. I think the change to innervate was questionably necessary and the ability to conserve my own mana so as to give an innervate to someone else or to a recently rezzed caster was something I liked. I'd also love to see a better single target emergency spell, cuz quite frankly NS is a wasted talent point atm.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

I still love the HoT based healing system and the ability to be effective on the move.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

Slow ramp up time for getting hots on targets. With good tanks, pre-hotting is an option, but with lesser skilled tanks balancing the ability to keep them alive on a big pull with the chance of pulling initial aggro on mobs is an interesting game.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I think that Cataclysm got it right. I use all my core healing spells now and it is way more fun than it used to be.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Single target external CD. Especially with the changes in tanking that are coming, having something to help mitigate tank damage will likely be very important to every healing class.

# What spells do you use the least?

Nature's Swiftness. Long CD, marginal healing. Never use it because it's not in my spec.