Class Feedback – Druid

Druid
Prev 1 29 30 31 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE Feral DPS/Tank

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
25 man Heroic

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth is somewhat annoying, the spell shouldn't require a reagent, thus the Glyph should be removed freeing up a slot. Not that I have something else I want to use, but it's still a stupid design.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The ability to shred. Having high mobility.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Having to spend 90% of a fight standing infront of the boss spamming mangle. Having the highest crit of any spec and having openers where 17 abilities in a row do not crit.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I enjoy it, I personally wish there was more room for Ferocious Bites as without good crits or OOC procs, you're basically still shredding with 5 cp waiting to refresh rip.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Play Dead aka Feign Death. Seriously you guys were ready to give it to us years ago, I want it. I want feign death on a druid. Please. Seriously. Please.

What spells do you use the least?

Sooth and Wild Mushroom. Innervate as well, but if I'm bored I'll use it, even though it's crap. Be nice if Wild Mushroom was semi viable for Ferals, something to cast on the move when melee damage isn't able to be done.

PVE. I focus almost entirely on raiding. More casual, guild never gets into heroic raids. Do heroics rarely, and never as randoms. Pretty only to help the guild and finish off the VP cap.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As a bear, I hate the spell hit for Demo Roar and Faerie Fire. Missing on a pull is just the worst.

As much as my lazy side likes passive mitigation, I'm not a big fan of the way Savage Defense works. A way to make it more controlled would make me feel a little more in control of my survivability. As is, because Dodge and SD are RNG, I often expend CD's and Trinkets very liberally, just in case.

As kitty, my only real issue is the high cost of energy for interrupts. As a 10man raider, I'm often the main interrupter and it's difficult to remain competitive in dps while pooling extra energy.

As a bear, the switching to cat and doing extra damage during encounters is quite fun.

As a kitty, I love the versatility the class brings. Almost every spell option available to a cat gets used, which both raises my confidence player and keeps me thinking of new ways to do things. Being an animal gives a certain playfulness to whole thing. And Stampeding Roar is most fun raid mechanic not named Leap of Faith. Finding creative ways to get the behind the boss is a hoot.

Not having anything to do. Main reason I've loved my druid through Cata is that I pretty much am using all GCD's when dps'ing, and am always working on establish my rotation while working on fight mechanics as a tank.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Cat is my favorite rotation in the game hands down. Debuffs, bleeds, buffs, CD's and direct damage is all essential and I love the variety. Like how short the CD is on Cower too, saved me many a times.

Bear rotation is quite solid. The pulverize mechanic is a great addition, always hated having downtime. Wouldn't mind a more significant link to survivability though.

Some type of raid CD for tanking
Some form of greater control over mitigation
Play Dead would be awesome for a kitty.

(Don't know much about resto or balance)
Travel Form
Pounce
Challenging Roar
PvE mostly.

Raiding primarily.

World PvP mostly, BGs only for holiday achievements.

Balance: The wild swings in damage with Eclipse uptime versus downtime cause my DPS to be highly variable. The high power of DoTs also makes my DPS feel weaker when I'm focusing on single targets. Control over our short duration burst damage is the biggest problem -- there's no "push this button to do more damage" feature the way there is with some other classes.

As a Restoration Druid, the only thing I have difficulty with is that I seem to have fewer "save the tank" buttons compared to other classes. Our emergency cooldowns are all based on doing more healing (tank or AoE) and not on preventing damage.

1. Versatility - the knowledge that I can switch roles between DPS and healer and be highly effective and desirable at either role.
2. As a Balance Druid, the nature of Eclipse and spells like Wild Mushroom let me inflict immense burst AoE damage under the right circumstances. I love being more resilient to damage than other DPS and being able to soak things like Torment on Baleroc without needing to spec into damage reduction talents specifically.
3. As a Restoration Druid, I have a wide variety of HoT and direct heal spells and all of them are useful in different places. It's "just right" as far as number of buttons to push.
4. Flight Form is the most awesome gathering/questing tool ever.
5. Seeing a Moonkin with the Vrykul Drinking Horn buff flying around with fiery wings in the Alysrazor encounter is utterly hilarious.
6. Shapeshifting and mobility options in general.

1. As a Moonkin, my model doesn't show off my gear. I also can't use Noggenfogger, Orb of the Sindorei, and similar toys. (Leyara's Locket is awesome because I can use it while shapeshifted.)
2. The Restoration Druid playstyle forces even more obsessive focus on the raid frames than most healing, as I have to monitor my HoTs -- especially Lifebloom, making situational awareness tougher. Not sure there's anything that can be done about it as long as we are a "HoT class", and others have a similar issue, like Discipline Priests and PW:S.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Balance Druid: I like where the Balance rotation is at in terms of complexity. In particular, it's noticeably less complex than other classes, which gives me a little bit of concern that I'm playing in easymode. Eclipse timing and DoT refreshes are the only real challenge. On the other hand, I mentioned above how lack of fine control over said timing means that sometimes I'll be doing burst damage when I don't want it and then lack the burst when I do. Also, Wild Mushroom placement is awkward. Given the cooldown on Detonate, dropping them should have a reduced GCD.

Restoration Druid: The tricky part about the Resto rotation is when you're group healing. Mind you, this is what we're supposed to be good at, and Wild Growth/Rejuvenation are great spells, but our mana regeneration (especially in T12) is based largely around Lifebloom being on a tank, and the biggest problem I have when group healing is the need to keep LB stacks up on someone reliably. If I run around chasing after some DPS that's in trouble, I may let it fall off and then gimp either my mana regen or my throughput while stacking it back up.

Balance: Possibly more control over burst damage -- let's say a cooldown to instantly put me in the next Eclipse state, or hold the Eclipse bar at 100 for 20 seconds regardless of what I cast. Easier Wild Mushroom placement.

Restoration: Some way to absorb or prevent damage rather than a total focus on healing it. Maybe default raid frame support for displaying targets eligible for Swiftmend. More use for Tree of Life Form that isn't redundant with Tranquility.

Balance: I use all my spells in rotation. I'd still like it if there were more use for Hibernate and CC in general, but I suppose it's an inevitable effect of gear trivializing trash. It would also be nice if there were a reason to use Faerie Fire again other than just to supplement physical DPS in the absence of another armor debuffer.

Restoration: Nourish has been falling by the wayside for me as mana regen has improved with gear. Also, I almost never find myself actually using Tree of Life Form. It's a HoT-based healing cooldown but with 3-minute Tranquility and the runup time I mentioned earlier, I can't think of when it's actually been necessary to beat an encounter.

# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE exclusively, mostly as a bear.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly normal raids, a few heroic raids, zero heroic instances unless a guildie needs it.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Not needing to shift to battle rez would be great, especially as a tank. Thorns in bear form, of course. So really, stop making me shift out to use my useful tanking abilities.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Ability to solo old content very easily as both cat and bear, instant flight form, cyclone/roots to escape. Druids own.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Shifting out of my form to use so many of my abilities.
Looking the same all the time in combat.
Off pieces (boots/belt/bracer, any non-tier) agility leather not matching my set.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
It's fine, if a little boring, as a tank. Cat rotation is not as intense as it was in Wrath, which is a good thing.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Haste not being completely worthless as a bear.
Feign death or vanish cloned ability for feral (Play Dead).
Racial equality. NE have an avoidance buff AND shadowmeld? Really?
Troll flight form to have a sitting animation.
Better form customization - even flight form.
Prowl run speed reduction removed.
Active mitigation/avoidance rather than so much passive.
Some sort of deathgrip or ranged silence for caster packs.

# What spells do you use the least?
Nourish, mushrooms, cower.
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PvE and a little PvP

Heroics and Questing

BGs

The length it takes to cast spells causes considerable damage if not death to the balanced druid.

Shape-shifting and especially the Moonkin form!

The Moonkin! IMO, this feature has been nerfed so many times no one remembers how awesome the Moonkin was at the beginning of Burning Crusade.

[Being a mathematically and age-challenged player who just plays for the fun of the game] I can't help but think the "maximum efficiency" depends upon the players' response time. So if there's "sure formula" for a balanced Druid rotation, I'd be very interested in knowing it without all the numbers being thrown at me!

Would love to see more flight forms, less of the manatee-like water form, and shorter or no antlers on the Moonkin. Would like to be able to "emergency heal" self or group without losing the Moonkin form.

Wild Mushrooms, Barkskin, Cyclone, Hibernate, Thorns (since time limit severely reduced), Nourish, Regrowth, and Teleport: Moonglade.
  • ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids. Heroics only until I get what I need from Valor.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

N/A

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

No Eclipse during the pull of a boss after wipe (dead set in the middle) means weak DPS to start fight.

Other than that none really. MotW has long CD. Minor Glyphs take away need for any Reagent.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

1)Using Mushrooms is fun.
    2)Dancing in Boomchicken form.
    3)Starfall
    4)Practically seemless transition from Main Spec (Boomkin) to Off Spec (Resto) from a gearing/geming perspective. Just pull out a few pieces for my resto set. (ie Spirt = Hit is big possitive).

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Boomkin
    1)Worrying about staying in Solar/Lunar Eclipse (ie not using Direct Damage spells at times).
    2)Specing so I can stay in Solar/Lunar Eclipse to make my class most effective (No Lunar Shower).
    3)Too much disparity between AoE Damage and Single Target Damage (ever since Starsurge nerf, which is probably my biggest gripe in Cata).
    4)You took the "Crit" out of "Crit Chicken"...our most useless stat atm.
    5)Wish DoTs lasted longer so I don't have to reapply between eclipses (probably wont be an issue come 4pT12).

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Boomkin - For Single Target it is simple and easy to follow. Love it. Probably main reason I play Druid with close second being its versatility.

In AoE situations, managing my eclipse so I can stay in Solar 1) Kind of stinks 2) Limits my output at times because I am casting arcane spells instead of nature in Solar to keep the Eclipse up. 3) Not sure what developers intended.

Resto - Don't love having to cast a direct heal, esp Nourish, to keep Mastery up, though Swiftmend counting as a Direct Heal helps.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) Remove 2pT12 bonus - Not very useful IMO
    2) No CD on applying Mushrooms (application or detonation) OR Glyph for applying all three shrooms with one cast perhaps?
    3) No Hit Requirement for Faerie Fire - When in resto gives me something to do on downtime...IF it hits.
    4)Kill the Starsurge nerf. Bring back the original 4.0 damage rates/figures.

■What spells do you use the least?

1) Hurricane - Costs way too much mana.
    2) Nourish - I truely hate this spell. Stubbornly cast Regrowth or Healing Touch instead to keep Mastery up despite higher mana costs. Too small, too weak too slow. Druid healing is all about quick applications IMO (HoTs, Swiftmend, Nature's Swiftness with Healing Touch, Tranquility all basically instant casts...Regrowth is very quick...dislike "ramp up" healing spells.)
    PvP

All 3.

We don't have a feral buff, bummer.

Our bleeds are amazing. And it's a mindless class.

Our mobility isn't as good as it used to be.

I've gotten really used to it.
    Shapeshift out of roots would be great.

I don't use shed a lot in pvp, because it's hard to stay around your enemy.
    Primarily PvE. I play mostly as Balance, sometimes as Resto.

Normal mode, current raids

N/A

None at the moment, really.

As a moonkin, I love being able to game my Eclipse for maximum damage - i.e. saving Solar for an AoE phase, etc.

I also really enjoy Resto's high mobility.

Moonkins can currently choose to hold onto an Eclipse state almost indefinitely, mana allowing, and I think that is fun. What is less fun is the fact that we have no way to push Eclipse on demand. Sometimes we can work around this with careful timing or knowledge of fight mechanics/phases, but sometimes that's not an option, or would cost too much damage over the course of the fight. Being stuck in the wrong Eclipse state or out of Eclipse entirely is not so fun. I think this is mostly because of the huge difference in the amount of damage done in an Eclipse versus out of it.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with both of the specs I play. I feel like both Balance and Resto have a rotation/optimal spell usage that is simple enough to understand right off the bat, but nuanced enough that there are plenty of tricks you can use to optimize your performance.

For Balance, I'd like to see an execute-phase ability or some sort of controllable damage cooldown. In general, I think Balance's damage output is pretty solid right now, but I'd like something to do during burn phases other than just pound harder on my keys. :-)

For Resto, I'm just going to reiterate what you're probably sick of hearing about, and say that I miss the old tree form and would like to see it back!

Hurricane, without a doubt. I will occasionally use it when I need immediate burst AoE, but with its high mana cost and low damage output, I don't feel like it really has a good niche right now. Even the slowing effect you can glyph into can be replicated by other druid abilities.
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE

Spec: Feral Cat

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] BGs

The most annoying thing for me personally is that some object interactions require manually shifting out of a form to use them. The big firebirds before Alysrazor in firelands for example. It's already difficult to click their relevant point, but in the haste of the fight it is easy to forget I need to shift out of cat before clicking. There are other locations as well, but there also seems to be a few points where it shifts us to caster, or simply does not require caster form (Magmaw chains).

That kind of stuff shifting us automatically instead of giving us an error message and doing nothing would be great. Especially when coming up against a new gadget. You can't be sure whether you can use it shapeshifted or not since there isn't much consistency.

I like being able to serve an emergency role as a tank or healer while setup for dps. If a tank drops on trash and some raid bosses I can fill in since cat and bear share most of the same stuff, if a healer dies or the healer falls through the web on beth I can keep the tank up with a little cooldown use on the tank's part just long enough for the healer to get Brezzed or climb back up to the web. My own ability to Brez is great as well, so much so that I usually BRez more often than our healer, and have it glyphed despite being feral spec.

Ferals of a particular race all look too similar. I hear it used to be much worse, and the coloration helps a bit, but it would be nice if at the barber you could see what your feral forms look like when changing things like hair color.

Would also be nice to customize around the bits of jewelry and such the forms wear. Tauren druids all look alike, especially in bird form. Be nice to have a little variance, even it it's just minor details.

No complaints.

The previously mentioned minor customizations to the look of forms first and foremost.

Teleport Moonglade. Nice to have on the off chance you ever need to go to moonglade, but the recent hyjal questline was the first time I ever bothered to use it in some time, and then I find out that I have to get to moonglade through some scripted method instead. I like it and it seems to give druids a little toy, but if it was quietly removed I probably wouldn't notice for some time.
    PvE.

H 10-man raids.

-

- Damage outside Eclipse states is subpar. This issue is as old as Eclipse itself, and even at low mastery levels damage during Eclipse is 50% higher. One of the implications is that it requires us to stay on Eclipse in anticipation to burst phases or adds that have to die quickly, which means doing subpar dps for several seconds by using nukes unaffected by the current state.

- Throughput between Eclipse states is imbalanced. Unless Starfall is up, Lunar is easily our weakest state and the one we'll want to avoid for the scenario above.

- AoE capability is constrained by a) being in Solar Eclipse, b) targets moving as little as possible and c) time to setup it since it requires 3 GCDs. And it's all about Wild Mushrooms since Hurricane doesn't do enough damage even on Solar Eclipse and costs far too much, and Typhoon is meant to remain unglyphed and used for its knockdown, not the damage.

- Wrath's travel time is still too long, and still messes with Eclipse since you don't gain energy or change states until the actual spell hits. In fights like Ragnaros it's possible to cast almost 3 Wrath above 90 energy before entering Lunar Eclipse if you're standing at the back of the room.

- Spec mobility could use some work. Cat form dash and Stampeding Roar are useful, but by shifting to something else you lose the 15% damage reduction from Moonkin Form, plus demands 3 GCDs (shift to form, use Dash, shift to moonkin).

- Shifting out of moonkin to use Rebirth.

The flexibility is nice. I've raided as all 4 roles since Vanilla.

Being in forms that are merely restrictive, like ToL used to be and Moonkin is right now. They don't change our gameplay, simply add restrictions to what you can and can't do while doing optimal dps.

Also, being unable to be thrilled about transmogrification because I won't see my gear outside SW/not resto.

It's much improved since WotLK, and needless to say a thousandfold since BC. The RNG is gone but it's now too rigid, and we're far too reliant on being on a Eclipse state.

AoE rotation requires too much setup and leaves little space for changes; if spiderlings on Beth change directions, you have to reposition the mushrooms while doing no damage, and the 3 GCDs spent earlier were wasted.

- Another change to Lunar Shower. The energy gain is handy for movement fights and (I presume) PvP where hard-casting isn't easy, but making DoTs push you out your highest dps state makes the talent detrimental and unwanted. Tying the energy gain for non-Eclipse states only would fix that.

- Some sort of cooldown to instantly trigger the closest Eclipse, out of combat only if necessary like Harvest Soul. Shooting critters before fights to move the energy gauge reeks of Vanilla.

- Travel Form usable indoors and retaining Moonkin's damage reduction

- Added flavor to our DoTs. Insect Swarm is extremely basic, and Moonfire's flavor (the direct damage) is pretty much negligible without Lunar Shower. Neither interact with the nukes, only indirectly through Eclipse.

- A (major?) glyph for Wild Mushrooms so we can drop 3 at once, or a single that combines the damage of all 3, to make AoE setting up easier.

- Toggle moonkin form? :P

Hurricane, Soothe, Nature's Grasp.
    Thank you blizzard for listening to my feedback!

**My Background:
    I just bought Cata a few weeks ago and have run all the 5 mans. I have not raided as yet, and experienced a moderate amount of PvP. I use to be 2100 back in season 8 as resto and 2k a couple seasons before as feral. I have never played boomkin EVER. I raided frequently back in BC and the beginning of Wrath.

**PvE:
    "Raiding is fun, scheduling a raid and meeting that time is not fun anymore."
    Regarding 10 mans: I feel that with my infrequent schedule I am gimping a 10 man by missing even 1 raid. I believe the original intent was to make raids more conducive and casual for smaller groups but I feel it has just made it even more mandatory to make a raid time.

**PvP:
    "Collecting is fun, but Grinding is not."
    I hate grinding pvp gear every season and the use of pvp gear in a pve setting and vise versa. I would like to just buy a tabard on a vender and be set for arenas. More of the glads and arena junkies I've ever met end up botting or alt tabbing to grind for honor. After 6 years of the same battle grounds, grinding honor is "never ever ever" fun. So many players have left because of this grind. Getting gear is not part of the arena meta.

**Quality of Life:
    Coming into Cata way late a couple new druid mechanics just scream at me.
    *Bear Swipe on a long cd
    *Not being able to shapeshift out of snares (that's what i felt was the defining characteristic of a druid)--I really really really do not like this.
    *Berserk no longer makes you immune to fear. Using a well timed berserk was fun.

Rotation:
    *I feel savage roar is an awkward part of the kitty rotation and it's benefits are underwhelming.
    *I hate how tanking is so dependent on mangle hitting.
    *I Love the cool clearcast graphic when it procs and would like to see it as an option for Predator's swiftness

Talents:
    *I know you guys spent a lot of time reworking the talent system for cata, but I never considered it a "fun" part of the game. It's an illusion if you're trying to present your players with a talent build choice. In the end you set up your spec and forget about it until you need to shift roles. It's not an "active" fun part of the game.
    *I hate how the feral tree is still bloated and awkward.

Thank you again.
    Balance Druid - 6/7H Firelands

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• 25-player Heroic raiding

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• <null>

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Being at '0' Eclipse during the pull of a boss. There are only so many critters in zones.

I never get to have fun with vanity items that change my appearance. Noggenfogger, Savory Deviate Delight, etc

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I've always enjoyed being able to fulfill any roles in a raid group.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Non-Druid players have said time and time again that druids are perfectly fine in PvP. That Druids don't need every specc to be viable for PvP. However, these players don't realize that it's not the specc, it's the playstyle. No class has to deal with a playstyle not being viable, except Druids. I love Balance, but when I can't have fun in PvP enjoying it's playstyle, that becomes a major inconvenience.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Our rotation is fine as is. Encounters determine a skill cap and experience cap. Our AoE rotation is simple, yet very challenging at times. Predicting where a target will be in 3-4sec? Doesn't seem to difficult until you try it. I enjoy that.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Lifebloom castable while in Moonkin Form

• Entangling Roots are instant, but with a 5 second cooldown.

• Interrupt protection - possibly through a modified Owlkin Frenzy talent

• Starfall scales with Haste, 10/10sec -> 10% haste = 11/10sec

• Starfall still falls while CC'd (reverting the change)

• Soothe purges 1 magical effect in addition to all Enrage effects.

• More spells benefit from Lunar Eclipse via Morphing or Spellstorm Damage

• What spells do you use the least?

• Teleport: Moonglade - change to Astral Recall, or remove...fairly useless these days.

• Soothe - extremely situational, very rarely using this in PvE and PvP.

• Hurricane - major DPS loss, extremely expensive cost, only 1 encounter, using a couple variations of the same strat use this ability (Heroic Ragnaros, Paragon-style variations)

PVE mainly with some casual PvP

Raids normal/heroic content

Arenas and rated BGs

This would be using 3 gcd to plant 3 Wild Mushrooms. Often clicking the area to plant a mushrooms ends up targeting a add or a player, or adds are move entirely from the area before the 3 mushrooms are planted this causes a lot of time lost dpsing. Make wild mushroom a 1 time click like most aoe spell with a larger click area "Say the explosion radius of the mushroom" would help this.

Being a Moonkin and using different spells for each eclipse.

No survivability talents for PvP.

Can get boring at times. IS,SF,Wrath... in Solar and SF,IS,MF,Starfire... in lunar and using SS on cd or proc. Longer eclipse states with 2 or 3 spells that buff each other in some way would make the rotation more interesting. I would get rid of the non-eclipse states altogether and just have longer Solar and Lunar ones.

1. Some type of major CD.
    2. Survivability talents for PvP that heal you or cause immunity to dmg for a short time.
    3. Some type of interrupt or buff to solar beam in PVP.

1. Hurricane just not worth the cost or damage it does.
    2. Thorns after suffering from a nerf a while back just is not worth casting much anymore.
    2. Trents the CD is long for the dmg they do.

- Both

- Primary focus is Raids

- Primary focus is Arena

- Battle Rezzing while main tanking is very dangerous. I'm still able to pull it off a lot more often than not though, so it's not that big of a deal to me.

- Being able to switch my role from Tank to DPS or vice-versa mid-combat by pushing 1 button is amazing.

- As a lot have said already. The lack of cosmetic items that persist through forms is kind of depressing. WTB more Ashtongue Cowl flavor items.

- For Bear it's perfect, I think. I do feel like I have a lot more rage than I can spend however... I think that's a side effect of gemming full Agi and stacking hit/exp though.

- Again, this goes back to more cosmetic items that persist through forms or even alter them such as the Flamescythe.
    - Choices between robes and pants for tier gear would be swell.

- The only one worth noting is Innervate. But I AM feral...
    Both
    Raids Normal - 11/12 T11 and 3/7 in T12
    BGs

1. allow resurrection in form you died in aka bear form/ cat form/ or moonkin form
    2. allow the druid mastery to be a passive gain rather than a maintained one

I love the changing nature of hots I can quickly alter who i'm healing without having to stop a casted heal like I probably would with a priest who has more aoe heals and a paladin who has more single target healing I just click and move on
    What makes playing your class less fun? having to keep up nourish to use my mastery

I think druids healing wise are in a good place right now druid bears have some aoe tanking issues but I think there pretty good as well.

a glyph for my old tree form again would be nice
    more druid race options like human or dwarf

I use pretty much all my healing spells in some form or fashion nourish probably the least but there all there for a reason
    Moonkin Spec Answers

What type of content do you focus on? My focus is on PvE (this post is moonkin-related, but I play resto, too).

If PvE, what type of PvE? My focus in PvE is on raiding (mostly normal-modes).

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Lack of graphical character customization as a Moonkin. Moonkin is the only talent spec in the game that gains it’s graphical look changes only by paying real life $$ (race changing is the only way to change how your moonkin form looks). This is even more frustrating with transmogrification coming into the game, because moonkin can’t benefit from transmoging (other than our staff), and we can’t go to the barbershop to change our coloring the way feral druids can.

What makes playing your class more fun? As someone who has been moonkin on and off since patch 1.8, I can say with some confidence that moonkin are more fun when we are capable of keeping up with other classes on damage. Feeling wanted in a group (having decent damage and group utility) makes being a raiding moonkin more fun. Back in Vanilla & Burning Crusade, I often found myself healing in my moonkin spec because I refused to go resto but they still made me heal.

What makes playing your class less fun? Moonkin isn’t fun when Eclipse is too hard to control. I actually took Lunar Shower out of my talent spec because I found that sometimes I need to sit in Solar Eclipse, and having Lunar Shower runs too high of a risk of taking away my sense of control over Eclipse. Having to choose between keeping Lunar Shower for movement DPS, or having the ability to “Solar Cleave” leaves me having to choose “solar cleave” because I need the ability to have more control over when I do or don’t have Eclipse up.

However, I’m pretty sure that feeling like “solar cleave” is the only viable AOE strategy is the actual real problem. Having to over-manage Eclipse to be good at my job is not fun. Most druids who follow an “intended” rotation end up with lower overall DPS than someone who finds the right way to game Eclipse for more damage, so we end up with an easy basic strategy that people learn – and that basic strategy is almost entirely the wrong thing to do.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Moonkin actually have two rotations, a single-target and a multi-target rotation. I believe that our single-target rotation is actually mostly fine (other than the fact that the damage difference between Eclipse being up & Eclipse being down is way too large of a gap, getting bigger every day with our mastery bonuses).

However, I feel that our multi-target AOE rotation is completely broken and awful. When you are killing groups of 3 or more grouped-up targets, you are likely just using 3 abilities: Wild Mushrooms (Nature), Moonfire/Sunfire (arcane/nature), and Insect Swarm (nature). The only other actual AOE ability we have is Hurricane (Nature), which is under-utilized. See the problem here? All of these are NATURE damage, which require us to be in Solar Eclipse to utilize. Starfall doesn’t count as an AOE ability anymore, since the splash damage was removed. Being outside of Eclipse or being in Lunar Eclipse greatly lowers our AOE damage done during a fight.

Thus, the “solar cleave” AOE rotation is actually the only viable AOE rotation we have. No other DPS strategy on multiple targets allow us to stay competitive in raiding. Attempts to make Solar Cleave less attractive have failed because they haven’t provided us with an alternative (the butchering of the Lunar Shower talent just raised the difficulty level of the spec for new players without having an effect on what the cutting-edge raiding moonkin do for their rotation, other than to cause a lot of us to have to move points out of Lunar Shower). Basically, playing a moonkin is fine if all we ever have to do is single-target damage, but not enough care was put into thinking about how AOE damage would work for moonkin in the Cataclysm Beta.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Arcane AOE abilities that allow Lunar Shower to be equally as powerful for multi-target AOE (or making spells like mushrooms & hurricane “spellstorm” damage to benefit from both lunar & solar eclipse).
    It would also help if less of our damage was tied into Eclipse.
    New graphics for troll & worgen moonkin, along with color customization through the barber shop.

What spells do you use the least? Hurricane is definitely an under-utilized spell in my DPS strategy, even for AOE targets. It just feels like I get more “bang for my buck” to use shrooms & tab-DOT. Maybe Hurricane could become spellstorm or arcane damage, and thus could provide some better AOE alternative in Lunar Eclipse?

PvE, trying to get more into PVP but hampered by lack of stable BG/arena teams.

Heroics when they're new and later (reluctantly =P) for farming points and working on achievements. Wanting to do raids but mostly stuck pugging older raids right now due to unstable schedule.

Random BGs almost exclusively out of necessity, despite the pain of the experience. I've been in several arena teams, but none lasted more than a couple of weeks, and rated BG groups don't even last that long.

Inventory space used to be pretty bad, especially back in BC - I carried around four sets of gear: bear, cat, caster and PvP. This was the primary reason I've given up on having a caster set - running around with only a couple bag slots free blows. The convergence of cat and bear gear is helping somewhat, and of course 4.3 is going to be a major help. (I can finally get all those holiday sets out of my bank and stash my Scepter of the Shifting Sands? Score!)

The default interface is atrocious for tracking all the things feral druids require to be effective - keeping track of a bunch of short-term self-buffs, bleeds, target debuffs and their alternatives from other players (i.e. Trauma) and prioritizing and responding to them all is a nightmare without addons. Which is okay so long as there are addons for this - but that's not always a given, and I suspect this is part of the reason relatively few players get into the feral playstyle.

Losing cosmetic effects on shapeshift is a perpetual annoyance, and occasionally unexpectedly difficult. The 50-kill achievement "With A Little Helper From My Friends" is more difficult for druids than for any other class - doable, but harder than it should be. Why can' I stay a pirate on Pirate Day like everyone else? =P

The versatility. I started out playing a druid for a fairly silly reason - I liked the notion of faster travel in travel form. But over time, I've really come to appreciate being able to switch between DPS and tanking based on the group's needs. I even used to carry a set of healing gear for encounters like Dreamwalker, where my group might have more DPS or tanks than needed and my crappy heals could help in some way. And when I was farming Anzu in Wrath, it really helped to be able to sneak past most of the dungeon and then bear up at the end for the boss fights - this is great for exploration in general, too.

The lore. Druids have a deep and extensive history in the Warcraft universe, and it's really interesting to find out about it and see how your character fits into the story. Not by being directly in the spotlight all the time - being a comic superhero rescuing dead gods and saving the world gets old and cheapens the more subtle aspects of the story - but by witnessing the events unfold and how the different big players and organizations, i.e. the Cenarion Circle, adjust.

Homogenization. Our signature in PvP used to be freedom. We could counter fears with a properly used Berserk. We could shift out of snares and trundle on with the flag for five more steps until the combined weight of the enemy team would bring us down. ;) Taking that away axed a lot of what felt special about druid PvP.

Insufficient information on the mechanics is also a pain - our class has a number of unique mechanics such as Savage Defense, which is hard to understand without extensive research outside of the game and even harder to track and monitor for in-game performance.

Pretty interesting in PvE - still challenging after all these years. =) In PvP...not sure as I don't have PvP experience with other classes. Just wondering if it feels as much like complete chaos for everyone else - not particularly conducive to the long wind-up time we have, but the utility of bleeds is pretty handy.

I focus on both, primarily PvE though.

I do up to, but not limited to, heroic 25 man raiding.

Mainly BGs, with an arena match here and there. Rated BGs are fun, but cumbersome to create and maintain a steady group.

Balance - I personally feel a bit sad about some of the changes over the past patches (since BC) that have been made against balance druids. (Dont get me wrong though, i do agree with some balancing issues, and helpful benefits are always a plus!) The proc stun on starfall was rather enjoyable, and perhaps having a low % now that it's "interruptable" via stun/silence could counter each other?

I would like to see Balance of Power (spirit = hit) to benefit treant's hit rating as well. Their damage isnt much, so it'd be nice to at least let them guarantee a whack or two at the boss. (<3 bring back the daze/+dmg talent!!! lol)

I also feel that, while hurricane is nice and all, it seems a bit harsh to have it as a channeling spell AND high mana cost. I would love for at least some discussion about making it a long cast aoe effect spell (similar to earthquake), though idk how that would effect future decisions about our other dmging spells.

Lastly, i would love to see more beneficial major glyphs. Giving starfall the ability to pull mobs outside of combat (perfect for lvling), or giving treants a chance to daze with each hit would be awesome, for some examples.

Resto - I can understand why blizzard made the ToL changes, but i really did grow to love that funky lil treant and his dancing when i healed ICC. I would love to see any possibility of at least giving a cosmetic look (that wouldn't be overruled by resto ToL cd at the least) that could be used in PvE. PvP i can understand if it's not usable, to not decieve the opposing faction as much.

General - I remember that one questline in Icecrown where you helped out the soldier by going to the Emerald Dream, Alexstrazsa, and even to the Naaru. When you were to go to moonglade, there was a custom-made portal (similar to Death Gate). I would totally love to see that be a usable feature for druids, either as a group portal or just solo portal. (I'm an RP freak :D )

The fact that i can be a jack-of-all-trades is what attracted me to play a druid in the first place. (That and the free flight form 2 levels earlier than everyone else :D)

I love my boomie <3 and i miss my resto treant <3 Do the twist baby!

I am also glad that there have been some positive changes towards the spells used for Balance. Mushrooms, improved Eclipse, and the ability to not feel so RNG is awesome.

Besides losing my funky treant? Sometimes, it was the whole aspect of RNG that made us fun. Chance to stun on starfall? Chance to daze on treants or if you hit while barkskin is up? Gone. It's a win-win-lose situation sometimes. :/

Balance -
    There is no execution phase for balance druids. Other than our trinket cds and potion, we have the same rotation while everyone else can perform some rabbit-out-of-the-hat trick. I do love the new spells that allow us to have more freedom than 1-1-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-2-1-1-etc etc.

Resto - I enjoy it actually, the spells actually feel like you need to make a smart choice about what to use to be the most efficient.

-Teleport to Moonglade via icecrown quest type, either group or druid-only.
    -The ability to change into a treant again, even if only as a purely cosmetic look. (inc vendor selling a non-consumable potion/shirt that transforms!)
    -Hurricane aoe casting spell similar to Shaman Earthquake
    -AMG, for aquatic form to be usable on land. Even if it's regular walk speed, i'd love to be able to roam around org as a seal and go OAROAROAR. :3

I've played a druid for over 3 years, and i've played all 3 specs. Cower, there is no use for it imo.
    PVE

I like raiding and heroics.

Don't do a lot of PVP anymore.

All the druid forms are ugly, and I hate having to be in them. This is going to be 10x worse with transmogrification, too! Ugh, having to waste a GCD on going into moonkin form is balls awful.

I like pew pewing in moonkin or cat. I like being able to fill more than one role at once - shifting to heal or offtank that saves the day when something wacky happens.

UGLY FORMS ARE UGLY - some kind of customization, ANY kind of customization

Eh, it's okay. I think it's kind of a pain for figuring out how mastery benefits moonkin, but I like the overall mechanic.

Customizable forms or not having to be in a form to cast spells.

Do we still have the beast soothing ability? I honestly don't even know.