Class Feedback – Mage

Mage
Prev 1 68 69 70
What type of content do you focus on?
Both, but with a pretty marginal drop in PvP activity for the past few months since picking up tanking

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP
Arenas mostly, but bg's and rbg's as well

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Materials for tables, fire being too inconsistent, and arcane being so centered around standing still.

What makes playing your class more fun?
The entire playstyle of fire. So interactive and engaging.

What makes playing your class less fun
Fire being too inconsistent to rely on for DPS purposes. If I have a crit drought I'm pretty much useless. Fire DoTs being relatively weak, leading to some less-than-stellar combustion. Mastery is a pretty worthless stat as well.

How do you feel about your "rotation"?
Frost is pretty good, though some of the talents in the frost tree are worthless.
Fire I absolutely love, but I just wish there was some more sustainable DPS as opposed to getting lucky on Hot Streak procs and hoping for a good Combustion.
Arcane is alright. I enjoy the cooldown management of Evocation, Mana Gem, etc. I don't like the whole stationary aspect of it. I'd like there to be a way to cast Arcane Missles while moving in heavy movement fights just to help round out DPS a bit. Then again, I understand the thought behind standing still to channel powerful arcane magic, so it's one of those "it's great but can aggravate you sometimes" situations.

What's on your wish list for your class
Stronger DoT damage for Living Bomb, Pyroblast!, and an Ignite tooltip for its debuff. Also, removing the restriction of 3 targets for Living Bomb, but instead reducing the damage for each target jumped to by a certain percentage - sort of like the splash effect for Howling Blast. Stronger Mirror Images would be nice as well. As it stands, they don't offer much in terms of damage help for their CD duration and short uptime.

What spells do you use the least
Blizzard, Arcane Explosion.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE/PvP

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroics and Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• BG's

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Increasing the amount of spec slots to 5, up from 2. 2 was fantastic when it came out. It opened up the world to us. However, there is more world now, and oddly enough, I find more spec slots a constant dream. Especially with hybrid classes filling multiple rolls, and also wanting to pvp.
    To add to this idea, it might be interesting for us to 'earn' more spec slots through quest lines. Possibly quest lines that get progressively harder. Slot 3 might require us to do a normal quest line solo. Slot 4 might require us to complete a solo instance, a la mage staff quest in nexus. (This was nutty fun..good job) Slot 5 might require a heroic instance group to accomplish.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• I like the ability to do more than just dps. Fights like Gruul's Lair, where the mage tanked was a great start. Fights like Shannox, where I am assigned to handle a dog, or Alysrazor where I fly through rings. I feel like, if I am not paying attention to the damage meters, something about the encounter is well done.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Sometimes it would be fun to go fire, or frost in pve. Or arcane and fire in pvp. So really this just relates to my above comment about more spec slots :) There is a whole world to explore, but I feel like I have to pick 2 options and go with it.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I am fine with the rotations. I could handle more complex rotations if it was required, or less complex ones if required. I am pretty indifferent. A lot of other people have commented on Arcane Blast being an arcane mages most prominent spell, and I would agree it is used a lot more than any other by a long shot.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• 1. More spec slots.
    2. Portal and teleportation runes stacking to 100!
    3. Remove the 5 minute cool down on FAILED table summoning. I can live with the 5 minutes global cool down though.
    4. When queuing for a BG, I would like a radio button to be present that would allow me to only join a "new" BG. There is nothing worse than queuing up for a BG that ends 1 minutes later. Before everyone jumps all over me, it is optional, thusly the radio button.

• What spells do you use the least?

Off spec spells mostly. Nothing really wrong about the spells that are available to my spec.
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
extreme solo, Regs, Heroics

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Keeping reagents in stock, refreshing armors

•What makes playing your class more fun?
Kiting control,
big burst/crits that you can set up (i.e. deep freeze, or in ages gone, PoM:Pyroblast),
love the priority based system of frost

•What makes playing your class less fun?
simple, unchanging rotations
realizing how much easier it is to play arcane and get +15% dps at the same time
evocation being interrupted

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Arcane: single target: too simple (the mana managment seems like it would be fun, but it's only really relevant on the long fights in raids); AoE: boring
Fire: single target: boring ever since we lost PoM:Pyroblast; AoE: fun
Frost: single target: fun; AoE: not bad, but pretty limited

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
water elemental that isn't just a portable freezer (holding even a bit of aggro would be nice)
frost snares and slows that can actually affect bosses in some way other than increased dps
priority based damage mitigation or self heals

•What spells do you use the least?
Arcane spec: anything other than arcane blastx4 + arcane missiles; arcane barrage seems mostly pointless
Fire: not using it currently at all
Frost: I use plenty
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

No more Frost Bite :-(

What makes playing your class more fun?

Almost being able to global players with 1 shatter.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Waiting for cooldown on frost and pet nova.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I like it. It does work

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Nothing what else could you give me? Maybe a fire CC? Arcane Missle proc back for all specs please.

What spells do you use the least?

Fireball, Arcane Missles
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PvE, I gave up PvP due to the fact that Pallies, Rogues, and Druids are tedious to fight against.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Reg dungeons

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. The timer on molten/ frost/ mage armors.

What makes playing your class more fun? Just the feeling, feels right.

What makes playing your class less fun? Being squishy with Cloth but it's doesn't need to be fixed.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Fire is pretty fun and simple Pyroblast - fireball combo

What’s on your wish list for your class?
For arcane to be less of a support spec and more offensive.
What spells do you use the least?
Cone of Cold, Scorch, Arcane Explosion