Resto Druid PvP, the serious thread.

Druid
Prev 1 2 3 4 13 Next
I know this has probably been proposed before, but if the 4 piece pvp set bonus was changed to make lifebloom usable on two targets, I would be soo happy. And it wouldn't affect pve.

Druid 4 piece restoration pvp set bonus: Your lifebloom ability can now be used on two targets.

This could be a start? Small steps, blizzard? Druids are bad right now. PvP is really bad. Really bad. Seems like people are quitting left and right now, at least on my server. Oh wait, I think last quarter suffered a big subscriber loss as well?

Is all this just being ignored?

Everything that I underlinded was said in my post. If you read it you'd see :/

20k+ isn't a lot?

The 3 stack of lifebloom is dispelled 1 at a time, so it doesn't all get dispelled at once. Heals for around 7k I'd guess per bloom.

Ahh, I see. I've never been resto in pvp, and I can't dispel, so I wouldn't know.

The 3 stack of lifebloom is dispelled 1 at a time, so it doesn't all get dispelled at once. Heals for around 7k I'd guess per bloom.

Ahh, I see. I've never been resto in pvp, and I can't dispel, so I wouldn't know.

I wouldn't be totally against it dispelling all stacks at once, lol. But if that were to happen every stackable buff like that (Water Shield, Lightning Shield etc.) would have to be dispelled all at once, which would result in a lot of the rebuffing those things.
LB can still be purged quite painlessly since it doesn't heal for a heck of a lot when dispelled. And when it does get purged, guess what you have to do again? <_>

20k+ isn't a lot?

With 2 or more dps burning a target down? Not really. Especially when spread out over a few GCDs.

I mean, if you think 20k is a lot of healing, try hardcasting HT on a flag carrier that's being bursted down.
20k is nothing, especially in rBG's.

My priests Penance ticks crit for like 16k with full grace...one penance tick.
Lifebloom with a crit is an 80k heal.. i didnt know totems ticked 80k in 10 seconds?
Lifebloom with a crit is an 80k heal.. i didnt know totems ticked 80k in 10 seconds?

If every single tick crits and then the bloom itself crits, perhaps. But if that happens, you should stop playing WoW and start buying lottery tickets.
09/05/2011 04:56 AMPosted by Willowmakér

If EVERYTHING were to crit, but I do believe in my thread I specified that the HoT proportion is what gets outhealed by healing stream totem, and to be honest I've never had everything in the 10 second period of lifebloom ticking crit. Even if you did, or anyone did, you can NEVER count on that actually happening in a pvp scenario.

Edit. I did the math, my lifebloom ticks for rougly 1600, 1600x10 since it ticks every 1 second for 10 seconds which is 16000 (No crits). So if they were to all crit it would be about 32000, then the bloom crits for about 38000. Making it 70k in 10 seconds, I can do that in 2 or 3 flash heals on my Priest, or 2 or 3 flash of lights on my Paladin. I don't play a Shaman so I can't compare their numbers with my Druids but I'm sure everyone has seen those 1% -> 100% from a greater healing wave.
09/05/2011 05:00 PMPosted by Omgpuntme
But the suggestion of allowing 2 lifeblooms to be up at a time isn't that great because A) it makes resto even more overpowered in PvE (unless you make it a PvP 4 set bonus or something), B) having to use 6 GCDs to stack LB up and juggle 2 stacks of LB on 2 different people adds even more to the already chaotic mix of powershifting, hardcasting cyclone, etc., and C) it still doesn't address one of our fundamental weaknesses: target switches.

obviously never played pre-cata...?

ps: that's why you make it a 4 piece bonus, so it wouldn't affect pve

I suggested that :>. But yeah, he is kind of right, because now lifebloom doesn't heal as much as it used to compared to our much larger healthpools so we need to actually cast alot more.
glad resto druid here..it seems like we lack the throughput to keep people up, our survivorbility has always been crap without prehots (which incidentally differentiated good druids from bad ones). Right now we can keep people alive through 2+dps if we have full lb's, rejuv, wildgrowth up which is ridiculous considering that takes 5 globals that we cant afford considering all good teams do is hard switch till they get a kill...
Blizz is not even aknowledging resto druids right now for some reason so until they get their head out of their pooper and realize theres a whole pvp community just play for pts a week or stick to slaying dragons.
glad resto druid here..it seems like we lack the throughput to keep people up, our survivorbility has always been crap without prehots (which incidentally differentiated good druids from bad ones). Right now we can keep people alive through 2+dps if we have full lb's, rejuv, wildgrowth up which is ridiculous considering that takes 5 globals that we cant afford considering all good teams do is hard switch till they get a kill...
Blizz is not even aknowledging resto druids right now for some reason so until they get their head out of their pooper and realize theres a whole pvp community just play for pts a week or stick to slaying dragons.

Pretty much.
09/03/2011 05:16 PMPosted by Vesthis
Someone has to be the worst. At least we have feral to back up on.

We can still be the worst healer, if you hate resto druid that much. Just buff us to the point where we have a fighting chance vs a decent swap with tree on CD.
09/05/2011 07:30 PMPosted by Omgabear
Someone has to be the worst. At least we have feral to back up on.

We can still be the worst healer, if you hate resto druid that much. Just buff us to the point where we have a fighting chance vs a decent swap with tree on CD.

^
What resto really needs is a lock-swap for hots. I.e. something that swaps all your hots on one target onto the new target and resets them. Make it cost a fair amount of mana and put something like a 15 sec cooldown on it.

The PVE impact would be fairly limited and it would cure the one glaring problem with resto right now. It'd still be a weakish pvp healing spec but it wouldn't be awful.
What resto really needs is a lock-swap for hots. I.e. something that swaps all your hots on one target onto the new target and resets them. Make it cost a fair amount of mana and put something like a 15 sec cooldown on it.

The PVE impact would be fairly limited and it would cure the one glaring problem with resto right now. It'd still be a weakish pvp healing spec but it wouldn't be awful.

Now that I think about it, the fact that they gave Soul Swap to the dot-based class and no comparable ability to the hot-based class kinda seems like a glaring oversight.

Regardless, I really like this idea.

Now that I think about it, the fact that they gave Soul Swap to the dot-based class and no comparable ability to the hot-based class kinda seems like a glaring oversight.

Regardless, I really like this idea.

Yeah, this isn't a bad idea. Although it still wouldn't stop people from spamming switches until something dies, one of the Druids weaknesses is when they need to switch hots and take many globals to do it, that is true. But a problem is also that when you switch your lifeblooms quickly your original lifebloom never got to bloom so the the 1st person who was being focuses probably isn't at full health.

Edit. This would be a buff though, better than how it is now for sure.
Tired of even high rated players giving the "Healing Stream Totem ticks for more than Lifebloom" argument. Lifebloom ticks every second, Healing Stream Totem every 2 seconds, do the math.