Can we remove the 5 instance limit now?

General Discussion
It only hurts the players these days. There are no more gold farmers doing mass instance farming. Especially with transmorg coming, a lot of players will want to farm up old gear sets and this is a really serious problem for them.
This is why I use my lower levels to do dungeons, it takes longer you get the same stuff, but you are less likely to get an instance lockout. But yes it is annoying to get on my level 85 and get locked out when grinding rep or transmog gear.
09/03/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Shaker
It only hurts the players these days.

5 in an hour? I mean, sure that old stuff is so easy as to be hilarious, but that's plenty of runs for an hour. How does this hurt anyone? That means you can run 96 times in a day. Them's a lot o' times.
09/03/2011 02:06 PMPosted by Aeana
It only hurts the players these days.

5 in an hour? I mean, sure that old stuff is so easy as to be hilarious, but that's plenty of runs for an hour. How does this hurt anyone? That means you can run 96 times in a day. Them's a lot o' times.

Good point, okay so raise it to 10 times in an hour.

6min instance?

Get a clock...do an instance reset every 12min... math hard derp.

6min instance?

Typical hateful troll.

Please refer to my thread about this. Thumbs up are appreciated.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123312326#20

6min instance?

Typical hateful troll.

Please refer to my thread about this. Thumbs up are appreciated.

<a href="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123312326#20">http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3123312326#20</a>

I searched but didn't find any recent threads. Thumbs up for yours, I just want this out of our way.

And to the guy suggesting you can do 96 a day. You play 24 hours straight? Most of us have a window of time we can play... and spending half of each hour waiting for the debuff to go away isn't fun. Tell me the point and/or benefit of this limitation?
And to the guy suggesting you can do 96 a day. You play 24 hours straight? Most of us have a window of time we can play... and spending half of each hour waiting for the debuff to go away isn't fun. Tell me the point and/or benefit of this limitation?

I was saying what was possible, not healthy. I have times when I can play a lot, and I have times when I have too much work to even think about WoW. I am uncertain as to why the limitation is there, though I have been led to believe that it has something to do with gold farming. Either way, there are a ton of things built into this game that artificially extend playtime (hey, yeah valor point cap, I'm lookin' at you) so this may be another one of those... Still, it can't be a bad idea to step away for a bit every once in a while and stretch your legs can it?

If Blizzard changed it back, are you willing to never complain again about other players taking advantage? I mean, they put this in place for a reason...
09/03/2011 02:24 PMPosted by Aeana

I was saying what was possible, not healthy. I have times when I can play a lot, and I have times when I have too much work to even think about WoW. I am uncertain as to why the limitation is there, though I have been led to believe that it has something to do with gold farming. Either way, there are a ton of things built into this game that artificially extend playtime (hey, yeah valor point cap, I'm lookin' at you) so this may be another one of those... Still, it can't be a bad idea to step away for a bit every once in a while and stretch your legs can it?

If Blizzard changed it back, are you willing to never complain again about other players taking advantage? I mean, they put this in place for a reason...

It was put in place for a reason in TBC. This was due to gold farmers exploiting chests in certain instances and other high yield dungeons. All the gold has been reduced to nothing and farmers are no longer using this method in anyway. So, again, thanks for playing devil's advocate for the sake of discussion, but this debuff serves no purpose anymore.

Your arguments about "stepping away to stretch your legs" are completely off topic. Generally these dungeons are far off the trail as well, so when you actually make your way out there you want to be able to farm as much as you can handle. I'm not sure what valor cap has to do with any of this.
Your arguments about "stepping away to stretch your legs" are completely off topic. Generally these dungeons are far off the trail as well, so when you actually make your way out there you want to be able to farm as much as you can handle.

Well also there is refer a friend, if you recruit your friend in and do nothing but level them in dungeons, they are not going to grip how the game actually works. Then when they get into the higher levels they won't know how to do some of the most basic things.
09/03/2011 01:58 PMPosted by Shaker
There are no more gold farmers doing mass instance farming.

That would be due to the 5 instance an hour limit.

It also promotes instance stability by keeping people from spamming instances while farming old content.

It was put in place for a reason in TBC. This was due to gold farmers exploiting chests in certain instances and other high yield dungeons.

Wrong. It was implemented early on in Vanilla because gold farmers were exploiting in Dire Maul to kill the ogre boss.
09/03/2011 02:38 PMPosted by Rankin
There are no more gold farmers doing mass instance farming.

That would be due to the 5 instance an hour limit.

It also promotes instance stability by keeping people from spamming instances while farming old content.

It was put in place for a reason in TBC. This was due to gold farmers exploiting chests in certain instances and other high yield dungeons.

Wrong. It was implemented early on in Vanilla because gold farmers were exploiting in Dire Maul to kill the ogre boss.

Wow it was longer ago than I thought, but like you said it was for a very specific reason. There is nothing in the game they could exploit the same way now. Its only hurting players, not the farmers.
It was put in place for a reason in TBC. This was due to gold farmers exploiting chests in certain instances and other high yield dungeons. All the gold has been reduced to nothing and farmers are no longer using this method in anyway. So, again, thanks for playing devil's advocate for the sake of discussion, but this debuff serves no purpose anymore.

Your arguments about "stepping away to stretch your legs" are completely off topic. Generally these dungeons are far off the trail as well, so when you actually make your way out there you want to be able to farm as much as you can handle. I'm not sure what valor cap has to do with any of this.

It's nice to have a reasonable discussion :)

The valor cap comparison was meant to illustrate that there are many measures in the game that keep you playing for more days to get the thing you want. If there were no timer for instances, your chances of getting the drop you want would be much higher and take less time. Not quite the same, so I admit it was a faulty comparison.

Still, it is unfair to keep the limit in place on the fear that what happened before with gold farming will happen again. The issue is that the fear is founded in MMO reality where farmers will exploit anything to make money. Taking the limit away will solve some problems and create some problems as well. Would you trade server economy and stability for more dungeon runs in an hour?

I'm not saying that that would be the choice you would be making, just asking.