Class Feedback – Rogue

Rogue
Prev 1 4 5 6 63 Next
What type of content do you focus on?
PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Making poisons an ability requiring one form of reagent.

What makes playing your class more fun?
High skill cap + the ability to peel an entire 3's team yourself with shadow dance.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Minimal skill required to play a rogue at lower brackets and still be fairly effective (Spamming hemo and accidentally blinding full dotted person randomly with the glyph so it doesn't break unlike TBC + wrath). Also watching mages peel an entire team with no CDs for a much longer period of time.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
No rotation in pvp really but I do like the sub rotation in PvE.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

What spells do you use the least?
All depends on my spec. Haven't played combat all of cata so I'd say Sinister Strike. (Yes I do use every other ability including Feint, shiv and expose armor)
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I do mainly PvE but am getting my PvP set together

f PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas when I get the gear

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I know poisons have been discussed before about having poisons being permanent. But I really dislike having to re apply my poisons all the time and if I forget to re apply my poisons before a boss or if the boss encounter last longer than I think it will an my poisons fade during the fight my DPS is almost non existent due to that I play assassination spec. It would be nice to no longer have to waste bag space for poisons and having to reapply them all the time. It would be cool to have poisons be permanent and if you want to swap poisons you just have a spell of the poison you want and just apply it over the one you already have.

Being able to stealth around and being like a ninja. And being able to burst out damage. It would be cool to have the slice and dice animation of the blue streaks stay active. I play assassination and with that it gets refreshed all the time and it would looks awesome to just have blue streaks following my bursting speed while attacking.

• I don't really have any complaints or feedback here just that on certain fights I can't stay stealth and do my openers like when you fight Alysrazor the knock back takes me out of stealth and I can't go back into stealth due to being in combat and I would hate to waste vanish right at the start. Also stealth seems more easily broken I remember when I played back in WoTLK it seemed not to break as easily and when I came back in Cataclysm it breaks almost constant in PvP and in PvE fights. I think as a rogue i should be almost be innumerable while in stealth and just pop out and start bursting things down.
  • I wish Assassination had a buff to give out during raids like Sub gets Honor Among Thieves. I would be nice to have my raid leader say, we need Mindrogue since he has X buff to give out, not we need another DPS and Mindrogue signed up so will take him. It would make me feel more valuable and needed in a raid if Assassination had a buff to give out.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like my assassination spec for PvE a lot. Its super easy and I don't have to worry about a 14 rotation. I wish I had more cool-downs to use though.

I would like to see cooldown that is flashy or something crazy cool. Vendetta is boring and not that cool. I wish Vendetta was something cool like Bloodlust and more valuable like Bloodlust and timewarp.

I don't use a lot of spells. Would be easier to list what I do use,: Mutilate, Slice and Dice, Cold Blood, Envenom, Vendetta, Garrote, Rupture, and Vanish. That is my rotation and thats what I use.
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both
    If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    heroics, and raids
    BGs and TB
    It still is far too easy to break a Rogue out of stealth. Demo shout shouldn't break me out of it, doesn't make sense.
    Stealth, pick pocketing, ganking horde, I enjoy most aspects of being a Rogue.
    Rogue DPS isn't as insanely high as it used to be. I'm not saying lets bring it back up there, however I am saying i would like to see them beat Frost DK's atleast on single target fights.
    I enjoy it, however feels pretty stale, can I get a proc or two in Combat? Feels too stiff.
    I wish that when I pick pocket mobs, more interesting things would drop that i could sell in the AH, I mean I steal for profit, but whats the point if i only make 30 copper from some junk? Let me steal bags of gold, gems, herbs, and vanity things!
    Distract while in stealth, you made the distance to use Sap huge so I never have to use it anymore, its still fun in pvp however to mess with people.

2. I'd like to see Sub legitimately raid viable.

Sub is raid viable. (Only certain fights like Al'akir and Ragnaros prevents you from being able to use Shadow Step for more damage)
    PvE

Heroics and 10man Raids

Remove timer on poisons applied on weapons until we choose to change the desired poison and make it a skill instead, it’s a waste of bag space.

Stealth ability for surprise attacks. Killing spree and shadowstep.

We are the only pure dps melee class in game with three talent trees that, guess what, only provide dps; I don’t see why all other melee classes like warriors, paladins, druids, shamans and death knights do equal or more dps then rogues. Its enough as it is that they bring in so much utility, buffs and offspecs (tank or heals) that pretty much leaves rogues unwanted or needed. Give us more dps to distinguish us from the rest of melee classes. We also don’t have any ability that procs an instant finisher or random ability like other classes do with their flashy power auras.

Assassination is awesome once you got your SnD up and keep your rotation steady with ruptures and envenoms.
    Combat is okay, I hate having to hit Revealing Strike before each finisher.

Give rogues an offspec like healing or tanking. Perhaps place it where Subtlety is. All specs should feel ‘subtlety’ like and have its utilities, for God sake it’s a Rogue. Nothing in the world of fantasy or real life is a rogue nothing but subtle, sneaky and deadly. Give us traps as well, what good is disarming traps if we can’t set traps up either? Wow, just the thought of dual wielding as a tank in leather, surviving on dodge and parries. Instead of FoK, why not a poison bomb that leaves an 8 yard radius of liquid damage where mobs stand for a period of time. Shadowstep would be great for all specs.

Pick Pocket, Distract, Smoke Bomb, Gouge, Shiv, Expose Armor, Redirect, Deadly Throw, Trap Disarm.
    PvE and PvP Assassination

-Heroics and Raids

-BGs

-Switching targets and energy starvation because of it.

-The rotation

-Switching targets and the spec "Assassination" having a very misleading name.

-Rotation is fine until you need to switch targets then it gets haywire.

-Redirect reworked to cause either rupture or deadly poison stacks and have a shorter CD
    -Some built in expertise for assassination so frontal fights and phases aren't so damning on DPS
    -Assassination to become more assassin y. Poisons are subtle, a Dagger in the back is an assassination.

-PvE: Gouge, Smoke Bomb, Redirect, Expose Armor, Shiv, Mind Numbing Poison, Deadly Throw, Combat Readiness, Blind, Ambush
    -PvP: Expose Armor, Shiv, Mind Numbing, Ambush, Fan of Knives
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE > PvP, but I enjoy both aspects of the game.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids when I have time, heroics if not.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs more than arena, even though I find arena more interesting.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

For raiding, I would like to have some more utility and a reason for the raid leaders to bring a rogue. Currently, I'm only as good as my dps in PvE which can suffer from fight to fight with varying mechanics.

For PvP, I'd love to have the old stunlocks back, but I think that's just being greedy.

Also, just from an aesthetics perspective, I'd love to have fast OH swords back. I hate the look of sword/dagger combo.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

PvE: I like the fact that we have a smaller number of abilities to use, but they all (more or less) serve a useful purpose. I can't say the same about my warlock where I don't use half the spells. I can't really think of much else. Topping damage meters I guess...

PvP: Mobility, mobility, mobility. I love being able to swtich quickly between players, being able to keep multiple opponents locked down and frustrated. I don't even care if I do a ton of damage. I love being an annoyance. I like being able to get in and out of combat quickly, I just wish I could use vanish a bit more frequently!

■What makes playing your class less fun?

PvE: Bosses that only face forward. DPS tanking because of parries/blocks. Inability to use certain ability (i.e. Killing Spree) because of boss positioning (just think of Rags here, but other bosses as well).

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Mutilate: love it. I wish I had better daggers so I could play it instead of combat.

Combat: I liked it better before revealing strike. I find this ability clunky and un-natural. Killing spree as I said before, is fun to use, but there are a few bosses where it's not possible which is a buzzkill.

Sub: I only use it for PvP, but it's probably one of the most fun specs to play in the game (even amongst other classes).

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

PvE:

1. More raid utility
    2. An instant ranged attack that doesn't require combo point. Having to stop to use throw, or not having combo points to redirect/deadly throw is annoying. Even if you did have combo points, you can only redirect so often.

PvP: Take combat readiness off shared CD with cloak. Bring back luffa pl0x.

■What spells do you use the least?

EA, Feint (should probably use it more though), Shiv

PvE mostly.

Raids preferred.

BGs and World PvP Zones

None that I see.

Fast pace rotations, and toys to mess with players in duels as well as making PvE fights interesting.

For most of my 5 years playing, its my lack of use in raid situations, making my rogue less appealing than other class types. Though DPS sometimes is a factor, it seems to be more the lacking of buff benefits to the raid or group that turns my rogue down. Shamans have totems, warriors have shouts, paladins have blessings, mages, warlocks, and priests have their respective buffs, and even hunters have pet based group buffs. Rogues use to have Tricks of the Trade that was super fun and handy, making my class have a very popular come back into raiding. Though about half of that population remained on my server in raids, PuG group raids still that I've been in only have one or two rogues including me in it at a time, and that is in a 25 man. Its strange to think in my guild, I'm class leader by "default" as highest level rogue.

Mutilation speced rogues have great damage on single targets and seem very effective, but their rotation is very slow due to high energy use from skills. This makes it bog down and seem boring.

Combat's rotation is very amusing, giving multitudes of options that make it feel fun to me, but some people don't seem to like. I still like options being handed to me.

Swords again. Its fun having the axes open to us, and I know that daggers are classic rogue style, but combat always had swords. It would be nice to have off handed swords again because of their variety of styles and looks.

I never seem to use Shiv ever. Combat readiness never seems to do much, so I never use it. Envenom is barely used either since to me it seems a waste of energy.

Deadly throw is another skill I barely use, but would LOVE to see more use for in the future. I have fond memories of using Deadly Throw as the last ace up my sleeve that could win my team a battle in Arenas back in Burning Crusade. At the very least, it has potential.
    Focus mainly on PvE, but I enjoy pvp'ing occasionally.

Raids

BGs/Rated BGs/Arenas sometimes for points

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    Ummmm, poisons are fine, but make them stack to like 200 or something, would be much more convenient. Take Feint and Tricks off the GCD imo, really hurts with Combats current energy regen and the number of fights with feint so useful and the t12 4p.

In PvE? The resource system, energy is a blast whether you're bashing your Sinister Strike as fast as possible or planning your energy use more carefully with mutilate. In PvP? Right now it's Shadow Step, it used to be Mut/Prep(hint hint wink wink).

Killing Spree being multitarget, make it single target only, and I'm not too fond of Bandit's Guile, though I don't know how you would rework that. Do not like have to ever switch targets in PvE, it's a killer.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    The only thing I can think that really bugs me is Sub being so gimped in PvE, giving Sub some viability on bosses you can't stay behind would be nice.

See: quality of life changes.

Deadly Throw, Expose Armor, Combat Readiness, Disarm Trap lol
    PVE

Raids

That lack luster feeling of being outdated, and so simplistic, surely you guys homogenized all the classes to incorporate buffs and what not. But, the rogue, well are, dull and just so press x until y then press z. Surely we pull above average DPS numbers but the only reason for that is you guys buffing our passive damage. No serious modifications were or are ever made to rogues. We see patch notes for rogues and it's maybe one or two changes, where as other classes you could see up to ten plus. It might be a myth, but I truly feel that some of the developers don't play rogues, or there isn't enough on the rogue development team. I've lost some faith in my rogue, but continue to play it because I love it, and have loved playing the class since I first started playing. -Some things to look at for the future. 1) Increasing poison crit damage to 200% ( allowing our damage to scale with gear better, thus not having to buff poison damage every patch.) 2) Increasing Mutilates base damage. 3) Increasing Sinister Strikes damage, cause we all loved it's damage back in WOTLK, now it hit's like a wet noodle. 3) Leveling all three specs for PVP because well, having to play sub only to attain a good rating is well, not very fun for most because sub isn't the easiest to master at PVP. 4) redesign ToT, the way it was back in the day was great, now it's terrible. 5) Allow us to transmorgify MH/OH weapons to swords, because well, a swashbuckling combat rogue should not be using a dagger in the OH. 6) GIVE US MORE RAID UTILITY! 7) Redesign combat readiness, it's a garbage ability made even more garbage when you combined the cd with Cloak ( what were you thinking?) 8) Something new and exciting, we haven't really changed since the beginning, woohoo smoke bomb, that was fun for all of about two days for me at least. 9) Incorporate stealth more, outside of PVP I rarely use it, only for assassination's rotation do I use it in PVE. 10) Don't be so quick to just throw something out on the table and push it through into game, create a rogue, and test it out see if it works for us.
    End of Novel!

Managing cool downs, learning rotations for each tree, controlling your rotation, maximizing output, ability to cleave like a boss in combat.

Assassination's reliability on passive damage from poisons. It's just, if we didn't have a rotation, I could hit auto attack, then just leave my computer until the encounter was over. The simplicity of rotations after you get them down.

Blahh, too easy! Assassination is a joke, get up Rupture, 1 combo point snd, Envenom, watch Envenom clipping, keep 5 point ruptures up, gg. Now combat is a little bit more complex, we've gone from fitting circle shaped objects into circle shaped holes, to 1+1=2. Spam Sinsiter strike, keep snd up, got a feral in the group ok use rupture, if not, build to 4 combo points, revealing strike, eviscerate. Deep insight up? Killing Spree gogo, Andrenaline rush up, low to moderate insight? Yup click that button!!!!! More than one thing to hit? Click blade flurry and watch it melt. I won't say anything for sub, haven't played it in pve, but I've heard good things that it's challenging and keeps you on your toes.

Bring us up to date with the rest of the classes, 200% poison crits, less passive damage more physical and ability damage. Differentiation between the classes, OH swords or axes or even a mace.

Combat readiness because like I said it's garbage, Deadly throw, pick pocket, expose armor.
    PvE

Raids

Nothing really too big to complain about here. Rapplying poisons is a little annoying, I hate pulling a boss after a long explanation and having to reapply poisons mid fight when i realize the envenom button doesn't work.

I like the rotation, and the 35% backstab phase in assassination makes me feel like a ritzy pro baller king.

This is specifically about Assassination but our cooldowns are boring. Vanish/Overkill and Vendetta are both very good from a "make my numbers bigger" standpoint but that's all they do. When compared to Killing Spree, Shadow Dance, and Adrenaline Rush which actually change the way the rotation works for their duration they just aren't as interesting.

The current Assn rotation is very fun, it requires concentration to keep going at full power and the ability for low a low CP SnD, Envenom, or Rupture to make up for moving out of range or just a misstep is nice. I think its strikes a nice balance.

As mentioned above cooler cooldowns, maybe some more raid utility abilities.

Combat Readiness is basically useless now that its on Cloak cooldown, and Shiv is way too situational.
    What type of content do you focus on?
    PVE

High-end Raids

Increasing poison stacks to up to 100-200 per stack. They take too much bag space and require frequent stops at the vendor for resupply. OR allow rogues to "create" a poison vial that never disappears for each type of poison. (Kind of line a Northrend/Cata flasks for Alchemists)

Stealth, stealth, stealth, more stealth? I love vanish, feint, cloak of shadows, which are very useful, especially in current raid tier. I love our versatility with kidney shot, vanish, cheap shot, works very well on some boss encounters where adds need to be controlled.

Shared CD on Cloak of Shadows and Combat Readiness, limited use of Smoke Bomb in a PVE situation (maybe redesign it to increase your dodge rating for a short time? or make it work like vanish?)
    Having to wait a relatively long time to ramp up our dps. This makes rogues absolutely the worst burst dps class in WoW. We are absolutely horrible at target switching. Combat is the only spec that can sort-of stay on par with other dps classes when it comes to target switching, even then, loosing bandit's guile when you switch target is really annoying (Please redesign how it works). Loosing your combo points before you can redirect them is really-really bad. Give us at least 30 secs before you loose the combo points completely, and please reduce the CD on redirect drastically! Make it a 30 secs CD, at least for PVE side of the game.

Assassination rotation feels good to me. Combat rotation feels a bit clunky, revealing strike is a BIG inconvenience, it makes playing combat less enjoyable.

Please, please remove the annoying 5 stack Deadly Poison requirement. This is one of the main reasons assassin rogues have such a high ramp up time. If rogues could be slightly redesigned to provide a burst dps comparable to other dps classes, would be very nice. Loosing our combo points more slowly after a mob dies would be another plus.
    Provide rogues with better raidwide buffs, so that we would be viable in a 10 man group and actually be considered to get an invite into a raid.
    Decrease CD of Vanish to 2 minutes, especially that now it is part of an Assassin Rogue's rotation.
    Would be nice to do something about fights where we have to be in front of the boss for 100% of the fight and watching our dps drop down like a rock for Assassination Rogues.
    Maybe make us evasion tanks? Sounds like a fun idea, but personally I'm not sure if I'd play as a serious rogue tank. That's why there are druids, warriors, pallys and DKs. But redesigning some of our defensive talents where we are completely immune to incoming damage would be nice. For example make combat readiness be able to parry 100% of incoming attacks for a 10 secs duration. Make our evasion dodge 100% of incoming damage for 10-15 secs. (This of course is purely form a PVE perspective)

Gouge, Shiv, Smoke Bomb, Combat Readiness, Deadly Throw.

I spend a vast majority of my time doing PvE, with a rare BG or TB.

I do the current and recent raid tiers, along with a smattering of heroics each week.

I find that during a bloodlust combined with my overkill buff, I sometimes have an issue capping my energy. I know it's not the worst thing in the world, but I'm a little concerned as my haste goes up into the next patch.

I know many rogues have issues with poison application and duration; I prefer to continue the current method of keeping track of my daggers' most valuable allies and would not like to see it become akin to shaman weapon buffs. They stack to 20 hours worth of time and are inexpensive, I do not think it's too much to ask a person to periodically pay attention to what's in stock.

Finally, while an ensured crit is nice, I find the use of Cold Blood a little underwhelming.

I love my rogue because the statistics and balancing of attributes is relatively straightforward. I love that I don't have to use every single GCD like some of my other classes- it gives me time to actually observe the fight.

The assassination rotation can feel a bit dull at times. I used to spice it up in my old raid group by specing Advanced Expose Armor, it made me feel a bit more important and I liked the occasional free combo point I'd get while spending a GCD I didn't intend on using. I do have a little issue with most of the new abilities we received in Cataclysm being almost pointless in PvE: Redirect is really the only thing I've gotten good use from in current content.

I like the relatively tame rotation for Assassination. It feels smooth, and I enjoy the switch at 35% to backstab, although the energy return with the talent can be a bit laggy at times.

I'd like to see viable use of different weapon types again. I don't ask for much, I like surprises...mostly.

Combat Readiness is off my bars. I am one of a few rogues I know that disarm the traps on Shannox when I have the time to spare. There isn't much use for gouge and/or the healing/cast time debuff poisons. Additionally, 10% off healing sucks, it really feels like it does nothing at all.
    PVE

heroics with some normal raids

Holding onto stacks of poisons. Either increase the amount they stack or make it something we can always use without it in our bags.

Stealth and fast pace of gameplay.

Bandits guile not being useful for short fights and harder to change targets. Maybe give a passive boost to sinister strike or damage in general.

Combat rogues do not gain much from opening from stealth. Assassination rogues can get more energy from talents and are able to garrote again for venomous wounds. Subtlety are able to ambush and reduce the armor of their target. Combat do not gain any bonuses for using stealth. Also would like for either more combo point generation or more sinister strike damage in combat.

Not having to keep poisons in inventory.

What type of content do you focus on?: PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?: Raids

There's not much in the way of issues here, but I wouldn't say it's because everything in a Rogue's "life" is right... there's just not much to the Rogue "life", which says something in itself. Besides a weapon buff and lockpicking, there's not much going on in the Rogue class "lifewise".

Know what'd be nice? If you made traps a regular part of raids. If you put chests back in dungeons. I miss when being a Rogue felt like it was more than just different combat abilities.

One thing I especially enjoy is how active and involved our defensive abilities are. I think it might have been Greg who said that "it isn't fun spamming Feint every 10 seconds", and I actually somewhat disagree. It's fun to pop Evasion and Combat Readiness when I pull aggro and actually manage to live for a while. It's fun to pop Cloak of Shadows and barrel through a void zone, or chill in a stomp radius while every other melee has to get out. And, believe it or not Greg, popping Feint every time there's a meteor, or an electrocute, or whatever, is actually a blast.

As for our offensive abilities, well...

+% Damage abilities and talents are boring. If I want to do more damage than Joe Schmoe, make me think about it, don't just give it to me.

Okay, here's what I like - I like that Muti is not a GCD-spam spec. A lot of people are all "oh, I don't like being energy starved as Muti" but I think they're missing the point. What I like about my rotation is that it's more of a rhythm than a rotation. Not clipping Envenom, knowing not to cap energy, knowing WHEN to hit the buttons as opposed to "oh god it's button hitting time which button do I hit" - that is cool. Please keep that in the design.

What I don't like about it is that it's simple, dull, and kind of convoluted. I don't feel like I'm thinking enough. The only spells Muti really has to hit to do well are Mutilate, Envenom, and Rupture (with Vendetta on cooldown, of course) - nothing else has a big impact on our performance, and it feels lacking. Okay, yeah, actually using Rupture is great. And you threw us a bone with switching to Backstab for final 35%. You're on the right track - but making sure I'm hitting 3 instead of 2 after a certain health point doesn't involve much thinking.

I want an element, be it through talents or otherwise, that makes me think more. I want to use two combo builders. I want something - random proc, maybe? - that makes one combo builder better than the other when active, or something that doubles our combo point pool, or gives us variable critical strike chance depending on how many combo points we have on the target, or - well, you guys are the game designers, you tell me.

I want cool masteries. I was so excited when I heard about masteries and the talent rehaul with the intent of taking out everything passive. And then you throw us bonus poison damage, chance to proc bonus auto-attacks, and bonus finisher damage. Snore, snore, and snore - they all read "bonus damage" to me, and that does not change my playstyle at all. I find myself looking at Shadow Priests and Arcane Mages with envy - please, give me a mastery that makes me think more. Level 80 is very high level, and a very good time to add another layer of intrigue to the playstyle without intimidating newbies.

Vendetta is a boring cooldown. Assassination could use a bursty, Killing Spree flavour ability - give it to us!

I want you to listen to Aldriana concerning ramp-up time and Deadly Poison. Please. I could go over what he's gone over in his blog here, but I know you guys are capable of using Google and it'd be redundant. That man knows a lot about what's wrong with the class and you guys really should listen to him.

Shiv. Expose Armor. Pick Pocket. Half the poisons. Gouge. Disarm Trap.

I focus on PvE.

I focus on PvE raids.

The rogue class really has no quality of life issues. Perhaps making poisons last until removed however this was already commented on by blizzard.

I really like the playstyle of the class being melee and using combo points before using finishing moves. I also love how dynamic the energy resource system is.

Target switching has proven to be a clunky aspect of my class. I'm okay with combo points being stored on the target but redirect has been a kind of band-aide fix to the target switching problem. I would rather gain some buff or something when target switching rather than having my combo points switch over.

I kind of don't like using the same finishing moves for each spec. Slice and dice and rupture are used no matter what spec you are. Envenom and eviscerate are so alike that they also feel like the same finisher. I would like to see something like the warlock or mage system where each spec has very different spells to deal their damage. I feel like this would add the much needed flavor the rogue class is missing by adding poison moves, bleeding moves and then direct strikes each having their respective spec.

Glyph of sap baseline.

Duration of blind increased to match its cooldown.

Glyph of poisons that makes wound poison/mind numbing poison deal the damage of instant poison.

A talent to decrease the energy cost of kick to 0.

Sanguinary vein buffed to make fan of knives bleed all targets.

More lore explaining the rogue class abilities such as cloak of shadows and shadowstep.

I actually use all my spells quite often. I don't feel like there is anything very weak in the rogue repertoire. I do feel like rogues suffer a lot from using their utility abilities. For example if we want to bring the 20% cast speed debuff then we give up dps (especially assassination). I understand that this could be for pvp reasons but in Pve it is kinda irksome.
    PvE

Solo Kills/Quest/Heroics

Main PvP I do is mainly TB and some BGs every now and then. Not too much into Arenas

I would say that if Poisons were made spell-based (like shaman's weapon buffs) rather than bought from vendor, that would not only save over time gold but bag space as well.

Stealth is the main reason why I rerolled a rogue as my main. I am not a fan of tanking/healing and have tried all classes and rogues are most op.

When Disarm Trap fails in PvE, which happens to be the majority of the time. I could be far enough away from a trap but somehow it gets triggered. PvP it happens too but not as often.

I only play Assassination spec, so I don't think that the rotation is super overly complicated, but I think maybe lowering the CD of Redirect might work out better for soloing stuff like trash etc. Might make it for a more streamline transition from one mob to the next rather than next mob in one minute, which by that time the fight could be over. Sometimes feel like wasting of CP happen quite often.

Dagger Legendary!!

Very rarely situational but Expose Armor I don't use unless I'm going up again a rocklobster with uber armor.

PvE

Raids

Buying poisons. I do not mind reapplying them, but possibly implementing a poison "bar" to select from sort of like the new glyph system would be nice. Ammo was removed as well as other reagents for classes so this would seem natural. This would also increase bag space even if it was condensed to one item per poison that was just reuseable.

Stealth as well as basic combat mechanics. It feels unique to other classes despite the combo point similarity to feral druids.

No real raid utility besides Master Posioner and Honor Among Thieves. Not much burst unless you save your cooldowns which is a personal and raid dps loss. If poisons fall off your target because of add switching, you are severely penalized. Despite being a melee class, we must reach the 17% spell cap in Assassination spec which makes us stack hit and take away from the benefit of other secondary stats.

Rotation seems fine if not somewhat too simple and layed out. For the other two specs besides combat, big loss for switching mobs. Most adds or trash do not live long enough to make use of our rotation.

Possible raid wide dps cooldown. An idea is similar to a bloodlust. Possibly a Vendetta type that increased the raids dps on one target by 10-15% for 20 seconds but cannot be used at the same time as bloodlust. Either a change to poison hit cap or making poisons crit for 200% instead of 150% to make stacking so much hit worth it. Redirect possibly working for poisons as well on non-player targets. Idea behind that is the "mystical" part that rogues have.

Deadly throw, Combat Readiness, Shiv