Class Feedback – Rogue

Rogue
Post Limit:
Prev 1 58 59 60 63 Next
PvE Raiding

Honestly, I think you guys do a great job with rogues most of the time.

The only changes I desperately seek are:

Give us fast OH weapons other than daggers. (The PvP "Quickblade" has 2.6 speed, really?)
Make poisons not take up bag space, and last longer. (3 hour raids please?)

Thats pretty much it. Combat Rogues live on.
I mostly pve, with some sparadic pvp

Having Poisons take up less bag space would be nice, it stink having to have so many bag spots occupied by every type of poison.

To make pve sub easier to handle in raiding environments, possibly add a talent that refreshes SnD, or recup. It would work ideally like rupture does for mut. ie "using eviserate renews recup, however recup energy regaining ability is cut in half when evis is used for this puspose"
This isnt necessary, Rogues are fine with 2 pve specs, and 1 pvp spec, just a thought to possibly change things up.

The one thing that I think should definitely be changed is having combo points stacking on the player and not on the target. If you think about it, this makes more sense, and will allow for much more fun fluid gameplay during raids, and in pvp
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus on PvE and a little on PvP side.

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids and heroics

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BG's and Rated BGs

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I think a longer duration on the poison applied to the weapon, having to raid and applying it 3 or 4 times can get a bit of an annoyance. But i think that the poisons should be kept, because that is what rogues are known for.

•What makes playing your class more fun?

Stealth, and the strength of our cc abilities in a raid/heroic.

•What makes playing your class less fun?

The ramp up time it takes to get into full dps rotation, and the spell hit cap that we have to reach for our poisons.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

My rotation (assassination) is great, I love how in the new expansion the developers incorporated rupture/garrote into the rotation with energy regen/bonus damage. Made the rotation more fast pace and interesting having to incorporate a new addition.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) Passive or talent points that increase the amount of Hit rating we recieve per point of hit.
2) Have poison damage the ability to crit for 200% like other spell based classes.
3) Shadow step for all rogues, maybe have talent for reducing the cd for specific class.
4) Do not rehaul the rogue class.

•What spells do you use the least?

PvE - gouge, expose armor, combat readiness
PvP - expose armor
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pvp

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
none

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
mostly arena with the occasional bg or rbg

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
poisons suck they take up too much space n some are worthless imo

What makes playing your class more fun?
the fact that when i time my stuns n cc's just right i can tear up another player

What makes playing your class less fun?
the fact that our poisons practically do nothing against healers n all we have is kick which is pretty much worthless along with wound poison when facing a healer

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
i like it. especially the fact that for the most part i have to time everything perfect to max out my dps

What’s on your wish list for your class?
better poisons n a finisher that actually does dmg and not a 10k crit like i get atm with evicerate

What spells do you use the least?
shiv, distract, and combat readiness because i rather use cloak of shadows n they share a cd :(
What type of content do you focus on?

5s, 10s pve. Arena, BGs pvp.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Reapplying poisons every hour is a mild inconvenience at worst.

The rogue class is fun because we have an incredible tool set; sap, blind, gouge, stuns, disarm, evasion etc let us react to almost any unforeseen complication in pvp or 5 man dungeons to get things under control.

All of our great tools are mostly useless in a raid setting. Why is Shannox immune to distract, for instance? Is having him hold still for 5 seconds to set up the pull really that overpowering? Only certain mobs aren't immune to disarm, and they hit just as hard with their bare hands. Smoke bomb doesn't prevent being targeted by almost anything. Mechanics like Baleroc's crystals or Domo's scorpion cleave hit us through Cloak of Shadows. I'm not suggesting that we should be stunning dragons. I'd just like to see some consistency regarding what does and does not work instead of it being ad hoc.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

In general, I think all three rotations are far too similar. The formula for all specs is spam a combo generator, then either refresh whatever is falling off or do some extra damage. The only differences are which damage cooldowns they use every 2 minutes.

More specifically, I think Assassination has the smoothest rotation. The keys to success are managing energy rather than always mashing an attack every global, and paying attention to the envenom debuff. It's a bit slower and more meticulous, but I like it.

Combat's gimmick is bandit's guile, which is a terrible, terrible mechanic and is universally hated. The theory seems to be that it's a way to make AR and KS count for more when timed correctly, but the reality is that it's tedious, unfun, and an unnecessary penalty for switching targets. Mastery leads to problems with energy capping, and Killing Spree is too often a pseudonym for spectacular suicide.

Subtlety has the biggest numbers from active damage, which is appealing, but it can be a nightmare to try to keep everything up and it's ruthlessly unforgiving of any mistake. It's much more rewarding to a player to use his combo points to do damage rather than to keep up buffs. Making Serrated Blades function the same way as Cut to the Chase would be an easy way to make the spec more playable.

What's on your wish list for your class?

1. Making our utility abilities useful in a raid
2. Making the specs all play more differently from each other
3. A much higher portion of damage coming from active abilities
4. CoS and CR back on their own timers.
5. Faster ramp up time when switching targets. Having to actually run to the new target is a lot of wasted time we're doing 0 damage as it is.
6. A much lower cooldown on Redirect. Moving points to an add is fine, but I'd like to be able to put them back on the boss once it's dead.
7. End the senseless Killing Spree deaths
8. Assassination getting more use out of crit, haste, and expertise. The reliance on poison damage makes mastery much too strong compared to the other stats, so itemization will favor the other specs unless it's chock full of mastery.
9. Shadow Step becoming a baseline ability, for the sake of having more than one viable pvp spec. The lack of mobility in Assassination and Combat make them entirely unusable in arenas.
10. Some variation in the poisons used in pve, rather than instant, deadly, deadly being the default for all 3 specs.

1. Combat Readiness. CoS is a much better ability, and there's no justification for ever wasting its cooldown on CR when evasion would likely work just as well. Totally useless.
2. Expose Armor. In pve your tank is going to be putting it on for free, and in pvp the effect isn't worth wasting a finisher for. Totally useless.
3. Pick Lock. Friends and guildmates mail me lockboxes to pick, but I promise you both I and they wish they'd just gotten a green item drop instead. Totally useless.
4. Deadly Throw. If you're being kited, you're already snared. Snaring the kiter isn't going to get you any closer to him. It can interrupt a spell cast once in a while, but that's about all it's good for. Totally useless in pve.
5. Shiv. Getting rid of enrage isn't needed very often. It can be useful against warriors in an arena, or in pve if your deadly poison stack is about to fall off after a target switch. Totally useless in pve outside of one boss in ZA and BWD trash.
6. Pick Pocket. Rogue's draught is a good start, but I'd like to see a more compelling reason to use it than an extra couple silver per mob. In the time it takes to pickpocket ten mobs before killing them, I could have killed an eleventh for more money and exp.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]:
PvE Mostly.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]:
Heroic Raiding(10 man)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]:

BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.:
(From a Combat standpoint):
First, the biggest QoL issue I have is Combo points staying on the target and dropping if I place one on another target.
Secondly, losing the Bandit's Guile buff if I hit another target.
These both punish me for switching targets(not to mention my poisons staying on the first target), Combo points should be on the player(like a Paladin's Holy Power) and Bandit's Guile should simply be a buff that is procced rather than treating it as though it were a debuff on the enemy. I understand that Redirect is supposed to alleviate this issue, but the Cooldown is too big(even with Restless Blades) and it takes a Global Cooldown as well.
Last QoL issue I would say is Poisons, I'm perfectly fine with how they work at the moment, but it should be an Ability like Shamans' Imbue Weapon spells rather than taking up bag space.

What makes playing your class more fun?:

(From a Combat standpoint): The general fast-paced playstyle. Fast energy regeneration paired with Blade Flurry call for more cautious use and closer monitoring of my Cooldowns and Ability refreshes.

What makes playing your class less fun?:
Generally just my Quality-of-Life issues.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.):
(From a Combat standpoint): We don't have much of a "rotation", just spam Sinister Strike, occasionally use Revealing Strike, keep Slice and Dice up, and Eviscerate a lot (unless there is an Arms Warrior, Feral Druid, or a certain Hunter Pet present to encourage the use of Rupture, but my raid composition never has these class/spec combos). That being said, the Cooldowns such as Adrenaline Rush, Killing Spree, and Tricks of the Trade(with Tier 12 4pc) force you to play smarter and use them at appropriate times to avoid energy capping. In general I really like how Combat plays but making Rupture more attractive without those other class/spec combos would be nice.

What’s on your wish list for your class?:
Combo points on the player, not the target.
Bandit's Guile working as a conventional buff rather than acting like your target's debuff.
Poisons being Abilities instead of items.
Making Rupture more attractive to Combat Rogues.
Less PvP oriented talents in the Combat tree(since Combat isn't even viable in competitive PvP).

What spells do you use the least?:
Redirect, Shiv, Expose Armor, Pick Pocket, Distract, Gouge, and Deadly Throw.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]■ PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]■ yes
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.■ IMO make poisns a abillity and u dont have to buy them anymore also make them unlimited duration untill u take them off or repoisn to a diff one.
What makes playing your class more fun?■Ambush
What makes playing your class less fun?■Backstab
How do you feel about your “rotation”? last post
(Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)■
What’s on your wish list for your class?■ something new and cool
What spells do you use the least? IM sub so i only use sub abilitys weak to use wound poisn thing only does 700 damige. Imo they should combine wound poisn and mind numb as the same poisn would be more like necrotic strike.

Imo slice and dice should not be are best finishing move in pvp also its a priest or pally use slice and dice and u do more damige then if u evis. thats sad also why would it take 30+ min to kill a holy pally in a duel or in a 1vs1 situation in pvp.
Disc can be just as hard to take down as a holy pally its crazy
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PVE

Raids mostly with a heroic every now and then
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Having to make a decision whether I risk using kspree and getting myself killed/wiping raid
  • The feeling that I'm being penalised for target swapping when I have Insight up.

• 09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Mobility, having access to quite a few CD's

Not being able to use kspree when I want but instead having to wait till it is safe to do so.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Mutilate: Enjoyable to play but does feel a little too predictable.
  • Combat: Way too spammy and stale. Need more spells to use/track
  • Sub: Haven't tried in a PVE environment

• Some kind of fix to kspree. Possibly instead of the player teleporting around, a mirror image does the heavy lifting.
  • A change in our ability to target switch. Combo points, deadly poison and/or bandit guile gives us too much of an incentive to tunnel and not switch

Expose Armor

Pvp

Arenas/RBG

Poisons. (Seems to be popular with like.. Everyone)

High scaled damage in a little packages.

Lack of Execute-style ability, and my pet peeve, Feral druids in worse gear having quite a bit more AP than me, not to mention Crit, as well !@# Bleeds being affected by AP and Crit

Love it. Sub is probably the wildest, but most versatile "rotation" in the game.

Having a PURE DPS class have higher stats than a hybrid class.
    I know it would be insanely OP but having Combo Points stack on the rogue would be a godsend.

Combat Readiness. (Useless imo if glyphed for Cloak.)
    Redirect. (Useless in almost every scenario you can think of)
    Expose Armor. (Useless with FF and Sunder being basically free.)

Both but primarily PvE

Raids with the odd random heroic

Arenas mainly

I agree with the consensus among the posts that I have read that the "mechanic" of poisons seems outdated and (at this point) pointless. Back when we made our own poisons and had a poison "skill" the idea of carrying them around and re-applying them made a good amount of sense. With the progression of the game I think making our poisons purchasable was a good decision because the amount of time it took to actually brew them was considerable and was a pain unique to Rogues. Now, with Hunters not needing ammunition for their weapons Rogues again have that unique pain of many extra bag slots that could be used for something else being taken up by an item that could just as easily be an ability. Another unique thing about poisons is the hour long duration persisting through death. Don't get me wrong, I would loathe having to re-app poisons with every attempt of a boss, however, what that does is force us to remember to apply them. After an hour of wiping or killing or whatever when buffs are constantly being redistributed I find that poisons often get forgotten, drop off mid fight, and cause a huge loss in DPS.
    A suitable solution that I think would serve everyone would be to have poisons work in a way where you apply each one, and it lasts until either cancelled or you apply a different one over top.

*takes a breath*

09/12/2011 10:05 AMPosted by Milaena

I enjoy many aspects of the rogue class. From the fundamental abilities (such as stealth) to new additions and subtle facets of the play style (such as the ways we avoid damage and create opportunities with powerful "control centered" abilities).

The obvious answer here is abilities that cause more grief than they can be worth. Vanish, although many, many attempts have been made by the dev team to fix it, remains broken as pets from Hunters, Warlocks, and Mages can all still attack you post use. Killing Spree's unorthodox and uncontrolled manner of moving the rogue around makes it an extremely risky ability to use on many fights.

I find that with the combat spec, Bandit's Guile is so extremely taxing on my attention that in heroic modes, I have to choose between maximizing my DPS and paying attention to what is going on around me. Making Rupture a more important ability for combat could help alleviate some of that, along with normalizing KS with BG. I have no comments for Assass other than that if certain fights are going to require you to be in front of the boss, perhaps the backstab "execute" is a poor choice of mechanics (argument for that could just be that perhaps assass is a poor choice of specs for that fight, but nobody likes swapping specs for individual fights, esp. with the difference in stat weights between the two specs).

09/12/2011 10:05 AMPosted by Milaena

I see so much QQ about this but I just feel compelled to agree:
    The gear design needs to be reconsidered. Take a look at the tier 1, 2, and 3. The gear is sleek and leathery looking which is pretty much the most basic description for rogue gear. Later tiers such as 8 and 9 look almost more like mail than leather, and 11 and 12 almost look like caster gear. I'm thinking darker and tighter fitting (as funny as that sounds).

I honestly can say that the last time I used distract (successfully, because what rogue didn't try and fail to distract Shannox) I was doing Sunwell. Also Expose Armor has become a lot less useful than it once was in PvP, if only because i find my combo points being needed elsewhere more frequently.
    What type of content do you focus on?

PVE

If PVE, what type of PVE?

Heroics and raiding

Poisons can be a hassle at times. and they take up bag space.

I love using energy resource and combo points to perform stronger attacks

there are times where i feel energy starved but that is easily fixed with proper timing and use of cooldowns

I really enjoy my rotation as a combat rogue there are times where i occassionaly forget to use RS or get 5cp b4 i use it but it doesnt make much of a difference.

well i allways seen rogues as the martial artist class and would like to see the ability to effectively use polearms. have a little more diversity with the combat spec much like with frost DKs where they can DW and use two handers.I know rogues specialize in duel weilding weapons i'm not saying make all combat two hander spec i just think it be good idea to break up the monotiny of the rogue a bit by adding a optional talent in combat(since its more of the toe on toe spec) that would allow the use of polearms or similar agi two hander weapons. plus it would be kwl to see a rogue carrying around a pole arm that looks like a scythe jumping out of nowhere from stealth.

I almost never use skills like deadly throw or shiv(still use just not often). And expose armor. Smoke bomb i never really use being in pve most my time
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    All Except raids atm

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arena, RBGs can be too difficult to get into when your low rated.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Not having fast offhand swords/maces/fistweapons anymore.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    You are... an assassin.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    When stealth fails at 20 or greater yards, and also having a heavy dependance on low latency.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Tis' amazing.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Fast offhand swords/maces/fist weapons again, and also more mobility for Assassination/Combat. I also liked the old specs better, each person could be different within there own right, and introducing the new specs, didn't remove the OP specs, it just made them more common, very little choice between talents, it's basically an entire tree of must-haves.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Feint.

PvE mostly, small amount of PvP

Any PvE

Mostly occasional BGs

Poisons. Carrying many stacks so I have them to apply for various uses.

Sneakiness. Feel of good response times despite being in melee range almost always. Versatility as a melee class.

Combat:
    Bandit's Guile. This particular talent really guts a lot of the damage combat does(due to target swaps combined with rampup).

Killing Spree being the bane of my entire raid, having several times actually wiped the whole raid because of some stupidity by the KS randomness.

And finally, weapon selection. I agree with two things I've seen posted in various places: 1) that we shouldn't be forced to use daggers in our offhand due to speed of attack affecting various talents, and 2) that we shouldn't be forced to use a non-dagger main hand weapon due to the speed of the weapon affecting our damage so much. I, personally, want to be a combat dagger rogue, as combat is actually my favorite overall spec - but it's impractical, to say the least, if I want to bring competitive numbers to my raids.

Assassination:
    I play this the least, but also feel it has the least to truly complain about, though I do tend to agree with vendetta feeling clunky.

Subtlety:
    I feel, if I'm playing Sub in PvE, like I'm trying to juggle 5 items of varying sizes and weights while simultaneously walking a tightrope while dodging knives thrown at me from random angles. It has the potential to be the funnest spec, but results in just feeling like a headache.

I covered most of that in the above answers, but to recap:
    Combat:
    Issues with bandit's guile creating rotation hiccoughs

Assassination:
    fine, but a bit boring

Subtlety:
    wow, seriously...this takes some serious concentration - doable, but dang

Combat daggers(yeah, the upcoming legendaries are great, but they won't last forever)

Return of offhand swords/axes/maces.

Bandit's Guile gone. Or changed so that it doesn't so heavily affect ramp up and target switches.

Mild changes to sub so it doesn't lose its fun but can more easily be used in PvE.

Give me a glyph for killing spree to make it hit only my main target, and only in its face. Or something.

Biggest wish for my class: Change combo points to exist on the rogue, and not on his targets. Why should it matter what my target is to create a combo point? I should be able to switch targets all I want. This would, in turn, change bandit's guile and reduce the issues with target swapping. I could live with Bandit's Guile if just that much was changed, to where it doesn't matter what target had the combo points. I know this might be criticized as being too akin to a rage system, but we're still looking at 5 combo points max, just stored on your character instead of on any one enemy. Alternatively, let our combo points continue existing on every enemy we're hitting. Example: I'm hitting Fandral, have moderate insight and 2 combo points, he leaps and spawns a cat, I switch, hit the cat, gain a combo point, hit it again, gain a second, the cat dies, I switch back to fandral, I still have two combo points and moderate insight on fandral. If this system were to be implemented, just entirely remove redirect as a skill. Still alternatively, rework redirect to have no cooldown. I'd give up a GCD to redirect every time. The penalty to our damage for target switching is ridiculous because of bandit's guile. That's the only drawback that makes me hate the talent so much. Otherwise it's a great idea.

Deadly Throw. Pickpocket. Smoke Bomb. Expose Armor.

PvE

Heroics and Raids

I don't really PvP.

Honestly as far as I'm concerned rogues don't really have any major QOL issues that really need any improvement. No, poisons don't need to have increased duration - 1 hour is more than enough and if people are letting their poisons fall off it's an oversight on their end. The only thing I can think that could be interesting is to have a seperate storage place for rogues to have poisons on their person so it doesn't take up bag space.. Maybe like a poisons pouch or something like that? I'm not sure how it would work but if you had someway to hold quite a few poisons on your person without taking up bag space that would be pretty nice.

Sneaking around in the shadows, overall being a shady character... There's just something cool about being a rogue in that regard. I also quite like the fact that there's a fairly visible cutoff point between skilled rogues and not so skilled rogues - the class is not as easy to play as some people may think and those who do think that are often missing some important points about their rotation (and are probably standing in fire often too).

I can't really think of anything that makes the class less fun to play.. I don't PvP so I can't speak for that but as far as PvE goes rogues are lots of fun.

I play as combat and honestly I really love the current rotation. I see all over the internet people complaining that the pace of the rotation is too quick and they feel like they're just spamming buttons... My response to that is "If that's a problem for you, why are you playing a rogue?". Rogues are agile, fast-paced, frenzied killers.. What's that? The rotation is fast-paced? No kidding.... Yes, energy capping is a problem, but honestly if you time your cooldowns properly it will help a lot and should only happen during certain instances (such as when Adrenaline Rush stacks with bloodlust/time warp in which case energy capping is almost unavoidable).

There is only one big change that I would definitely like to see though. One of our key abilities that is currently on the global cooldown has absolutely no business being there whatsoever - Tricks of the Trade. Rogues are the only class left in the game that bring nothing to a raid aside from their damage (and interrupts I suppose but lots of classes can interrupt). The only thing we can really say we have is ToTT to give another raid member more damage or to help the tank keep threat. Yes, the tier 12 4 piece gave rogues more incentive to be using ToTT on cooldown, but honestly I find far too often that I can't use it on cooldown because 9 times out of 10 it will energy cap me due to it being on the GCD thereby preventing me to use an ability to spend that subsequently wasted energy. To sum this paragraph up: Seeing as that ToTT the only unique raid utility we can claim to have don't you think it would make sense to design it so it doesn't interfere with the most important thing we bring to a raid - our dps?

Like I said above, I really would like to see ToTT come off the GCD.
    I would like to see some attempts made to help with energy capping BUT they should be minor changes, not a reworking of the entire rotation. I don't want to see the spec watered down so that every Tom, Richard and Harry can come in, click a few buttons and do crazy dps. The learning curve is perfect as it is.

Smoke Bomb, Combat readiness. Neither really have that much use in PvE, although smoke bomb does have some uses during the occasional encounter.

PVP

Mostly BGs, some arena and rated BGs

Raid weapons being better than PVP weapons disadvantages non-PVE-ers. Having to buy and stack poisons. Competing with other classes for agi trinkets

Rogues are very unique in PVP. We also have a large set of abilities to juggle which leads to a high skill cap and a rich play experience.

Broken vanish. Positional requirements for backstab.

Its OK. Requiring PVPers to keep refreshing one CP-generated buff is reasonable ... maintaining 2 buffs is a bit much.

Would be great if we had two viable PVP specs that were very different in character. E.g., one spec that has a LOT of control but less dmg, and one with LOTS of damage but not as much control. The first one is useful for locking down healers and surviving as an FC, the second one for actually killing things. Would also be nice to have an ability that clears bleeds.

Pick pocket, lock pick, disarm trap
    ■What type of content do you focus on?

Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE?

Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP?

Rated BGs this season.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

I raid in 2 specs, and have to change back and forth to PVP spec/glyphs every week. This gets very costly with reforges, redoing talent trees, and changing glyphs every week. I want to play optimally in heroic raids as well as rated pvp, but I feel like im going broke doing this.

Having the potential for high damage output and survivability/mobility in raids and relying on precise ability use to kill a boss or win a pvp battle. Basically, if our ability and skill (and not just damage) can mean the difference between a wipe or a kill, its more interesting to play the game.

I'd like my abilities to be more useful to the raid overall. Using shadowstep/smokebomb in a creative way would be very fun, but its currently not useful in most situations.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I've raided and competed in pvp in all 3 rogue specs. Only subtlety feels a bit challenging to maintain correctly. Combat requires the most button spamming but is the simplest and least exciting. Assassination's energy regen is the least predictable and a big limiting factor in pvp as far as survivability and damage output seeing as we have less escape possibilities in that spec. Sub is fun pvp and pve, as more tools allow for more unique playstyle.

I'd like rogue mechanics to feel more ninja-ish. Its difficult to convey what I mean exactly, but I dont feel unique enough from a warrior on a boss fight, perhaps because so many of the rogue tools are not useful in boss encounters.

■What spells do you use the least?If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

In Raid PVE: Smokebomb, Expose Armor, Combat Readiness, Distract, Sap (hunters/mages/shamans/locks can all reapply their cc), Pick Lock, Pick Pocket, Shadowstep, Disarm Trap, Shiv, Blind (see above), Gouge, Throw, Deadly Throw.

Rated Bgs/Arena: Combat Readiness (since nerf).
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics, Raids, and any other way that I can find to get better gear while sitting bench for FL

Arenas and random BGs and the disappearing world PvP. I would do more rated BGs, but Dethecus Horde have very little RBG teams

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As stated several times on here, having to carry several different poisons in our bags, much the same way shamans used to have to carry earth, fire, water, and air totems in their bags. I am ok with having to reapply them and am greatful for the 1hr duration as opposed to the shaman 30 min duration weapon self buffs

I've always liked the idea of stealth and using surprise to overcome brute force (Brains over Brawn). Being able to pick my fights or sneak to the back of the enemy line to disrupt the healer in battlegrounds.

I agree with what many people say about rupture, it just kinda seems like its there to make us not just use one finisher, especially as assassination. I also feel that the damage shouldn't change with the combo points, just the duration.

The low aoe damage from sub really hurts. As stated above, I both PvE and PvP, but with virtually all trash, especially in heroic dungeons being group pulls, it is impossible to even try to keep up with all the aoe damage as PvE sub with a PvP sub offspec.

Swapping targets is a huge problem as well. I have been in for Majordomo Staghelm attempts, and by the time I'm ramped up on his fire cat add and starting to do full damage, it is dead and a new one is up and I have to start all over again.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I can't get much into combat, as I haven't really tried it out too much, but as stated above with rupture, it speaks for itself. Other than that, I really enjoy the sub rotation. I feel like I am making more use of my abilities, even though all I am really changing from assassination in the addition of recup. It just feels more involved and rogueish. That being said, assassination is great for raiding as it is nice and simple and allows you to pay more attention to what is going on around you while providing high dps as long as you aren't constantly swapping targets.

I started back in vanilla which is why I am an herbalist to begin with. I miss being able to forage for my reagents such and blinding powder and thistle teas. It just made me feel more rogue-y.

I absolutely hate what happend to lockpicking where now any "rogue" can pick a lock. I took pride in maxing out my lockpicking, so much so that I still have a pair of dark leather gloves, even though they haven't been required because too many rogues were crying about needing them back in wrath for the blue lockboxes. Lockpicking is all but dead anyways. It used to be useful in dungeons, be it for unlocking treasure chests, or opening short cuts (a la Shattered Halls)(although it is nice to have a rogue with you in deadmines [heroic or not] as long as you have a party that realizes you can pick the door that leads to the ship, but that only avoids 1 pull). I'm not asking that we be required by putting in things like the surpression room like in BWL, but just make our unique abilities an option to be used in situations.

I would also ask that sap be able to be used even while in combat. Especially with it being listed as something you can use while shadow dancing. I understand that it is an instant CC, but it can also only be used while either in stealth or shadow dancing.

I would also like to see the return of fast weapons that aren't just daggers, not just for the new transmog feature, but so races such as dwarves, humans, and orcs can achieve their full weapon racial as rogues.

■What spells do you use the least?

I can't remember the last time I used Expose Armor, especially with its tallent oddly being placed deep into the assassination tree

Combat Readiness hasn't been used either sense the CD was linked to CoS

Rupture would be up there too if it wasn't for energy regen for assassination and the 16% dmg dealt for sub if a warrior or feral druid isn't there