Class Feedback – Rogue

Rogue
Post Limit:
Prev 1 7 8 9 63 Next
Subtlety PvE
Heroic dungeons, rarely alt raids

Quality of Life:
Spinning mobs. Why must they spin? Find it in your heart to cure their vertigo, oh blizzard devs. Find it in your heart to weep for the sub rogue energy capping and frantically running in circles trying to get that ambush off before shadowdance ends.
Nameplates : this isn't rogue-specific, but the way nameplates are anchored right now seems to make it harder to see the sap and blind animations.

Fun:
Ambush and backstab are just made of fun. Positioning behind mobs and feeling like you are using strategy at all times to produce more damage is fun. Positioning is only a problem because those pesky mobs are all about the eye contact when they hurl their spears. Weaving in vanishes and shadowdance is fun. Watching your energy and maintaining a somewhat complex rotation is fun.

Not fun:
Why, oh why do they spin?
Our finishing moves, as sub, just don't hit very hard, and seem lackluster relative to our combo point generating moves. This is anticlimactic in terms of playstyle, and counterintuitive relative to other rampup systems like holy power.
Forgetting your keybinds and then being mortified because you just hit the Fan of Knives button. Then removing Fan of Knives from your bar. Aggravating the tank when tricks isn't up because you single target things on aoe pulls. Explaining that you single target because Fan is so bad you took it off your bars. Being kicked from party.

Least used:
Fan of Knives. Expose armor. Mind-numbing poison. Deadly throw.

Wish list:
Make them stop spinning!

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Reapplying poisons can be incredibly annoying if they run out mid-fight and it seems like an archaic system that should've been removed by now. I get the feeling it's only there for "flavor" even though there's nothing fun about it. I would prefer they be permanent so we only need to swap poison types when necessary.

Also, BOSS POSITIONING. I swear the devs forget that we have abilities like Backstab when they make bosses like al'akir/magmaw/domo/rag. I'm aware of the widened cone on them, but it still requires melee to fight for those very limited spots. I would prefer if the entirety of these bosses simply counted as their back for convenience, I stopped nitpicking about reality in this game when Onyxia was brought back for the 20th time despite me wearing two bags fashioned from two of her corpses.

Also, spinning turtles.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The idea of being a glass cannon, which seems to have slowly faded away since vanilla.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Ramp-up time and the lack of a raid contribution now that the threat component of tricks has been trivialized. Topping meters used to outweigh our lack of utility, but now that dps has been normalized between classes rogues have been left hanging with the lack of a distinct purpose in raids.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I personally love the Assn rotation because it requires you to plan ahead and time your moves to maximize dps, as opposed to spamming Sinister Strike like you're trying to break your 2 key. BG also adds an RNG element into combat's dps and further cripples the spec as far as ramp-up time. Energy capping is also a massive problem, especially when it comes to popping adrenaline rush. IMO haste needs to be toned down and another stat needs to be buffed to make up for it. Combat is simply too spastic for me to enjoy and it just feels like it's broken compared to Assn.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

A raid buff, such as the Rallying Cry ability that was given to dps warriors.

Combo points that stick to the rogue and not the target.

Redirect is removed or it transfers poison applications and it's cd is drastically brought down.

What spells do you use the least?

Two of the three Cata abilities are essentially useless in raids and Redirect's cd is too long and the spell is too situational to be of much use.
PVE with soft PVP

Heroic Raids

Arenas for capping, BG for rating
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
COMBAT: Energy cap is an issue during AR and during the energy/trinket procs. Makes me feel overwhelmed
MUTI: Envenom sometimes is ready when my other envenom has not fade out
SUBT: Offensive Finishers (Eviscerate, Rupture) dont make a significant damage, and stacking mastery instead of haste (to increase their damage) is not useful.

Great movility, lots of crits, fun rotation, good survbility, heavy burst damage, great control in PVP

Getting kited by Hunters/Frost is annoying (I feel owned when those guys start to kite). Killing a healer is nearly imposible,
Target switching in PVE really decreases the damage done (i would not complain if it would be only a little, but it really makes the damge done get down)

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I gues rotaotion is fine, requieres a decent amount of ocncentration, and properly done does a good amount of damage.

Global Cool Down is decreased by haste rating
Combo Points now stack on the rogue, not in the target.
SUBT: Eviscerate and rupture damage increased
Combat: BG stacks in the rogue
Muti: Envenom now Stacks
Undo the CS/CR nerf

Distract
Pick Pocket
Disarm Trap
Expose Armor (this one is just useless)

NOTE: PLEASE PLEASE undo the Cloack/Combat Readines nerf, it is too bad

Both
Heroic Raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arena's and BG's
Redoing Poisons can be painful if you didn't notice and your half way through killing Heroic MajorDomo / Trying to kill another Player
Rogues and very fun with stealth and such a high amount of control
That I am only limited to doing damage, rather then be able to tank and/or heal
As combat I love my rotation
To have very fast swords/maces/axes for combat off hands again. I miss those days :D
Expose Armor, Deadly Throw, Rupture
Both

Heroic raids, ~top 20 US level

Arenas/RBGs

• Low mobility

• Very high ramp up time and extreme penalty for swapping targets (Loss of DP/Bandit's Guile)

• Complete lack of interesting cooldowns

• What makes playing your class more fun?
    I enjoy the ability to both control and burst in PvP.

Having cloak and CR on the same CD against most teams is absurd.
    All the problems listed in quality of life.
    You energy cap during AR for combat, and energy starve if rupture isn't up as mutilate.
    The lack of interesting CDs probably is one of the worst things though. Vendetta is nothing but a passive modifier for a spec that already does 60% of its damage by right clicking. AR lets you spam harder, and as mentioned, energy caps you. Shadowdance gives you access to abilities you already have. Killing spree is situational and has a tendency to get you killed if used improperly.
    Mobility sucks.

Extremely boring. No reactive abilities in any spec (RIP Riposte). Assassination is doing nothing but maintaining three buffs, combat is maintaining one buff and spamming SS and evisc as hard as you can, and sub is so complex the only fight that supports it is Baleroc.

• Much better designed cooldowns.

• Ramp up time on everything, including DP, both for assassination and FoK, and Bandit's Guile, decreased.

• Reactive abilities.

• A slight change to expertise to not get completely screwed if not behind the boss.

• Have shadowstep of some form be a baseline talent.

• What spells do you use the least?
    Expose Armor, distract, deadly throw
    What type of content do you focus on?
    pve

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Heroics/Raids/Other

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? my biggest quality of life issue is expose armor. It is a weak buff that is difficult to maintain. Improved expose armor should be made baseline at the very least and the duration should be 1 min per combo point. I would like for throw to be instant cast to give me a way to deal damage when moving and not in range. At least give combat throwing specialization this ability.

stealth and the concept of using combo points to release massive finishers. I realize finishers are not exactly that way in game now.

Frustrating rotations no clarity on If I should be even using rupture and revealing strike whenever possible, and bandits guile. Long ramp up time and difficulty switching targets, weak aoe. Sub being the only viable pvp spec.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    For subtlety the rotation is overly complex to the point that not many people will even play it in pve. For combat it is questionable at the very least if I should be even using rupture. Revealing strike is only used at 4 combo points, not at every finisher.

Ramp up and rotation problems fixed. Subtlety is unnecessarily messy in the rotation and should be looked at. It would be more fun if shadowdance was completely removed and the rotation was ironed out. For combat I don't even know if rupture should be used and revealing strike is only useful at 4 combo points. It should be a dps gain with every finisher.

Expose armor, shiv, redirect, deadly throw.

PvE (with light PvP)

Heroic Mode raiding, with a focus on 25-mans.

Casual BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

The only quality of life I can associate to the class is Poisons as a reagent rather than an application from our spellbooks. Given we no long have reagents for blind or vanish, having stacks of poison filling our inventories feels like an unnecessary burden.

Mobility and versatility are my greatest views on the rogue. While the class specializes in very little and offers little more than the power of substained DPS, we have measures and answers for most every issue. Enrage? We handle it. Sunder? We can do it. Emergency tanking? I've saved raids from wipes so many times.

Currently, I have roughly 6 macros dedicated to Premeditation alone. They are all linked to my various stealth abilities because, in the midst of everything, it's an annoyance to have a talent that requires it for practical use.

Rupture, of all my bleeds, feels like it's just tossed in there for the sake if being there for a spec like Combat. Now, to maximize my DPS, I must use Rupture, but that's maybe a hundred extra DPS. However, without it, I have a very boring DPS rotation, which isn't significantly impacted with the added ability in the first place. If anything, I would like to see something added to this ability to warrant its use in the Combat spec or dismiss it entirely with a feature entirely unique to Combat.

Assassination: This spec deals with a dull rotation from the get go. It's summed up with the least amount of abilities: Mutilate / Backstack, Slice and Dice, Rupture, Envenom. Of all three specs, it is the most boring and remarkably easiest rotation. One rarely even needs to pay attention to their energy with this spec. I tend to steer clear of it entirely.

Combat: Combat is a bit static in and of itself, but it has more dynamic in regards to the need to keep track of several factors. Spamming Sinister Strike is fine and well, and I like that Revealing Strike is thrown in to add to the mix; players are rewarded for using it properly, and punished for using it improperly (by way of less damage). Eviscerate is fine and well. It's direct reward for an arguably slow build up. As I mentioned before, however, I don't like how Rupture is handled for the rotation. It's the only spec where Rupture is used for the sake of being used rather than having additional benefit for the player

Subtlety: While I do not often use the spec, I love its rotation. It's dynamic, more so than any other class' rotation in the entire game. There are more variables in the rotation, and it changes nigh constantly because of them. Its rotation is unique, challenging, and satisfying when the player pulls it off properly. The buff to Hemorrhage's upfront damage has made it even more viable, albeit not optimal. I think, in a casual raid setting, a Subtlety rogue is viable because of these options. Unfortunately, rogues looking to maximize their DPS still steer clear because of the limitations the backstab presents. Overall, however, Subtlety feels the most roguish of the specs and rotations.

Killing Spree to be unaffected by the location of a mob / target. While I enjoy this skill, I have find new and exciting ways to kill myself with it on every single boss encounter.

Rupture for Combat having something added to it, or for it to be affected by something. Anything is better than the nothing that it is currently.

Bandit's Guile to build up regardless of the target it's on.

A New Damage Finisher: Our current ones are instant gratification (Eviscerate / Envenom) and gradual gratification (Rupture). I've no real problem with that, but I think something new could spice up rotations across the board for the class; perhaps a mix of both of a finisher that has effects based on the particular spec of the class.

Gouge: It can be a decent clinch move for PvP, but I don't like how it can interrupt the combo points on the current target of choice when it could serve so well as another interrupt. Also, it's useless in PvE.

Smoke Bomb: Again, great for PvP, but very limited in PvE.
    Q1. Both. PvE more than PvP.
    Q2. Heroics and raiding.
    Q3. Mostly BGs. I have done arena in the past and try to as much as I can but it is not my focus.
    Q4. I don't have many that leap out at me. The only things I can think of belong on my wish list, more so than are quality-of-life problems.
    Q5. Being able to cheat death with the rogue's cooldowns has always been a huge thing for me. It feels so cool, and fun. Though I have my problems with it, I also really enjoy the rogue's unique resource system, and not being worried about global cooldowns.
    Q6. I play Combat, though I played Assassination through Wrath. I don't like how Combat suffers from poisons dropping off. Though it's not as severe as Assassination, and they are, of course, given passives to ensure this doesn't happen, it feels off, since poisons are the focus of another tree. Granted poisons are still a rogue baseline, of course, but as there are still 'proper' poisons and a 'proper' way to use them, I don't like the feel of losing the damage I could be doing from a passive source. I also feel that 'finisher' abilities don't have much weight. Despite the mechanic behind rogues being to build up a large amount of power and then release it on the target, Eviscerate, the primary damage finisher, just feels sort of boring. Slice and Dice I don't have as much of a problem with. Though it is passive, it is a significant buff and very important. Kidney Shot feels slightly awkward too. Bandit's Guile is also a rather frustrating mechanic. While it can be moved around, more often it feels like a shackle on the rogue, making me not want to use my more powerful abilities because it would not be as good as it could be, and very often in raids I'll be cycling between targets without Bandit's Guile ever reaching Moderate. Still, despite my complaints I am largely satisfied- these are not huge concerns, simply things I thought up when asked this question.
    Q7. As Combat, it feels rather simple, but is good enough. Tinkering with it would likely not be worth it. Though it may not be considered part of the rogue's 'rotation', I do feel all rogue specializations could do with more offensive cooldowns, particularly shorter-term ones. The existing cooldowns also don't feel particularly exciting, with the exception, I think, being Killing Spree. Cold Blood, while useful, is extremely passive- as is Vendetta. Vendetta also relies on you being on one target for, though it may not seem it, a huge amount of time, and as we no longer make fights like Patchwerk, it both feels very boring and passive in PvE and also is very difficult to use to its full potential. Adrenaline Rush also feels rather boring, and can frustratingly easily cap out your energy, which makes me feel as though I'd used it wrong and am wasting resources, though there is only so much energy I can burn.
    Q8. More fun, powerful-feeling cooldowns, like Killing Spree. I like that cooldown for its extremely powerful feel, even if it doesn't hit extremely hard, and for the fact that improper use can actually be your death. Not every time, like Koralon was in Ulduar, but say when the back of the boss happens to be in fire. Perhaps rogues having more raid utility. I feel sad that many other classes can extremely easily benefit the raid, especially with buffs and debuffs I could provide but are too inconvenient for me to try, like Expose Armor when a druid can much more easily Fairie Fire, or my poison debuffs I could potentially provide, but can't because again, other classes can give them easily and these debuffs would hurt my damage to use- for Assassination, significantly so. Though I do like Tricks of the Trade and its uniqueness, however, I wish I could give a very significant, impactful buff or debuff to my raid, rather than simply my spec's one passive debuff. I also find myself slightly wishing for a bit of a more fun ability, like the mage's Slow Fall. Something that isn't huge, but is enjoyable to have for running around, and for people who decide to level a rogue. I consider, say, Safe Fall to be fun-ish, as it allows you to drop for quite a distance, but it's passive and not particularly noticeable until you glyph it.
    Q9. I try very hard to use them all, but though I do occasionally use things like Blind in a pinch and other such spells, I must say there never seems to be an opportunity to use Smoke Bomb. In PvE, any uses it may have on bosses are usually processed out because they would be too powerful and unfair to groups without rogues. I also never use Combat Readiness, for since it shares a cooldown with Cloak of Shadows there is absolutely no point in using it, for Cloak will always be better and more helpful, while for damage reduction Evasion, also rarely used, will be better at helping me survive.
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic Raid Encounters.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas/BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters

Stealth was fixed

■What makes playing your class more fun?

PVP - Ability to take on both melee Plate and Caster classes effectively
    PVE - Being competititve during boss fights

■What makes playing your class less fun?

PVP - (Sub specific) Energy Starved, Poisons, Relying on partner/raid to fill combo points. Other classes with Stealth is my Bane. Hunters specfic is my biggest problem. Rogues can be hit out of combat with any aoe or DIRECT HIT. Hunters in stealth CANNOT be hit with Sap or Cheap Shot. I'm not sure about garrote or ambush because they are hunters not casters. WHY? Is their stealth superior to a class built around stealth? Rogues can be sapped in stealth why not hunters?

PVE - Tricking for a few second buff to another player. This is annoying, yes the 4 piece bonus does improve self dps, but up to now tricks was in the rotation for other players. This is not a raid utility. It's simply a way to say "Rogues have raid utility."
    Energy Starved for all specs, but then Adrenaline Rush still caps you even if you are smashing Sinster Strike on every GCD?
    Switching targets and losing stacks of Deadly Poison and Bandit's Guile = DPS always at starting phase of the Ramp Up DPS. Redirect is not enough to keep up DPS. Lord Rhyolith or any add controll fight.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Combat specific - Revealing strike is useless. All rogues, to get max benifit, have to already get to 5 combo points, why now throw in you have to use Revealing Strike to make it better. Not to mention only works for Eviscerate and *Rupture (*not even a huge dps loss if not used).

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Being able to Sap stealthed Hunters. (Repeat: Rogues can be brought out of stealth with Sap why not hunters?)

■What spells do you use the least?

PVP - Tricks, Deadly Throw, Expose Armor
    PVE - Combat Readiness, but to my knowledge was always a PVP based spell. Recuperate, 7% reduced damage is only useful for about 5 secs on most fights during large AOE damage. Expose Armor, 25 man. Killing Spree on CD because it puts you into comprimising positions during fights or will insta kill you if used during certain fights/phases.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• I BG for fun

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• The stealth change was a massive change for the better.

I'd like to see Combo points and Bandit's Guile stack on the rogue

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• The ability to deal with things other melee can't (i.e. Fient and Blade Flurry)

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Target Switching is brutally punishing, and raid design punishing Melee. Though FL is a bit better.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I find Combat's rotation interesting in that the random extra combo points from SS glyph requiring you to pay attention to the need for revealing strike and the management of kill spree/rush.
    Assassination is a 3 button spec and is boring as hell.
    Sub's rotation is to overly complicated to pull off in anywhere but a patchwork situation. Since losing time on target is exponentially punishing.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• -Combo points and Bandit's guile stacking on the rogue instead of the target.
    -Killing Spree being less suicidal
    -Assassination given some depth
    -Sub's rotation simplified (Rolling the bonus of Energetic Recovery into SnD)

• What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul]

Deadly Throw
    Combat Readiness (changing CloS to share a cooldown more or less removed this ability)
    PvP

All of the above. (I have Hero of the Alliance.)

Being in touch with the shadows.

Realizing I'm not as in touch with the shadows as you should make me.

A PvP rotation? LOL. *Can I has another gm pl0x* Sorry, I had to laugh at that.

*MORE IN TOUCH WITH THE SHADOWS.* That can go anywhere from a graphics animation to make me look faded, or adding more abilities that have to do with shadows. Seriously, I'm a rogue not a warrior.

SS, Expose armor, Combat readiness (because if the cloak importance.) And That's about it. (Redirect, Shadowstep, and Smokebomb are some of my favorites.)

Just a suggestion here, but... You know how warrior, paladin, shamin, and other melee classes have different specs? Yeah, I'd like that too. *respecs to assassin.* *forgets he's not still sub.*
    I do both but I do a bit more PvE.

Mainly raids in the current tier and sometimes trying to solo/under man old raids and instances for fun.

I used to regularly do arenas (2v2s) but since there is little reward or merit for doing so now I am no longer interested in them. I do BGs by myself mostly but rated BGs are definitely the most entertaining. Although I can rarely manage to find groups for them since my guild doesn't regularly organize them.

It frustrates me personally having a longer cooldown on kick than other classes, while still having the historical stigma of "kicker" in place. The glyph for kick seemed like somewhat of an interesting idea, but it turned out to just be troublesome since there always seems to be somebody who will kick things they weren't designated to, and it makes the penalty that much greater even if you personally didn't do anything wrong. Making the glyph of kick just reduce the cooldown by however many seconds might actually make it useful and give rogues just a little more raid utility.

I switched from assassination to combat about a month ago after having been against it for quite some time (I like using two daggers as a rogue as a personal preference), but was surprised and pleased to find that combat was quite a bit more fun and interesting in PvE. I suppose you can only classify it as having more "stuff to do" and things to watch for. The mutilate rotation is quite bland and boring in comparison. Combat would be a bit more fun if it maybe had an energy dump move that could be worked into its rotation, possibly a rework of expose armor?

As mutilate: Having to actively switch to adds is not fun since it completely destroys your PvE dps. This is from a firelands perspective where 6/7 fights requires you to switch targets at some point. Needs to use more abilities as a part of their PvE rotation.

As combat: I think combat's only issue as a PvE spec is that it is extremely difficult for me at times to not energy cap even when my personal cooldowns aren't active, my dps seems to be hinged sometimes on how quickly I can mash my sinister strike button and most nights after raid my fingers actually hurt from attempting to keep my own energy in check.

In PvP: Mutilate isn't comparable in survivabiliy and its increased

Combat's rotation is perty good! I like it!
    Mutilates rotation is sad....I feel bored just thinking about it :(

A buff for wound poison, it's just barely useful enough that you HAVE to use it but has very little effect really. Maybe seeing some kind of rework to mind numbing poison would be neat too, maybe make it a flat decrease to haste so it makes dots/hots tick more slowly, and can have a penalty to melee classes as well.

Mutilate NEEDS more stuff, in both PvP and PvE. Mutilate would be more fun with a little bit more energy regen capacity, a faster ramp up time in their dps, integration of at least one ability into their PvE rotation and either an increased amount of burst dps in PvP or increased survivability. It would be nice to see either a rework of an old ability and/or a brand new ability integrated into the assassination talent tree.

Definitely never use expose armor, my guild has plenty of warriors though. And while I like the rework of shiv for cataclysm, there are hardly any situations in which it is useful, it would be nice to see more fights in raids/heroics which required the use of a de-enrage effect. And maybe make it effective against warriors somehow in pvp :3
    PvE primarily though I do get into PvP sometimes.

Nowadays primarily heroics and soloing, occasionally PuG raids.

BGs though I would like to get into Rated BGs once my PvP gear is a bit better.

The ramp up time on Bandit's Guile seems rather high to me. Its nice on fights where I don't have to switch targets much since Ridirect can just bounce points and the buff around but on fights where I have to switch targets a lot its a tough ramp up time to deal with.

- General sneakiness: being able to pick fights on my own terms
    - Melee: Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing casters too (primarily healers) but its fun being able to (usually) stab a boss' ankles. Being in a melee position also feels more engaging to me because quite often you have to watch out for more bad stuff or have another job, like interrupting, as well.
    - Combat Spec: It's the spec I've always played since this character earned her first talent point years ago. It seemed to be the strongest spec to use for solo leveling at the time (I feel like it still is). Also, I really like the swashbuckler feel of it.
    - Poisons: I like having something that feels unique to the class. Personally, I don't mind having them as items in my inventory and am quite thankful there aren't different ranks anymore so I don't accidentally apply the old rank or forget to sell the lower ones.

- Being melee seems to have a distinct disadvantage this expansion at least on some encounters. A lot of PuGs are only willing to take a few (if any) melee DPS.
    - Also, Cloak of Shadows and Combat Readiness made me sad. I can understand why it was done from certain standpoints; however it is a bit of a pain in the butt when you are trying to solo something and need to blow survival cooldowns.
    - Flying bosses being out of my range, I feel rather useless standing there throwing something at it.
    - Not having to level class skills anymore (poisons, lockpicking). I actually enjoyed doing these little mundane tasks. I imagine they felt grindy to most people. I liked going out to explore to find boxes to open and gathering ingredients to make poisons. (In BC I felt proud to say I didn't need the key to Arcatraz, that I could open it myself.)
    - Lastly, accidentally throwing myself off a ledge with Killing Spree. I really enjoy the mechanic of this cooldown but in Cataclysm content there seems to be a lot of ways to kill yourself with it if you use it in certain spots or even half a second too late in some cases.

I do like that its a bit more complex than it used to be, since we're managing Bandit's Guile and actually able to juggle it and combo points from target to target. Also having a choice of finisher depending on the situation (moar DPS, do I heal myself, etc) makes it a more active rotation as well.

- Finding a way to adjust Bandit's Guile so its less penalizing on target switching fights and/or has a bit less ramp up time in general.
    - Less killing myself with Killing Spree would be much appreciated. (I'm looking at you Magmaw.)

- Expose Armor: In between warriors, druids and pets providing this debuff it hasn't seen a use since it was first introduced and I managed to get into groups with no warrior or druids.
    - Disarm Trap: This hasn't had a use in a while. Oh how I miss it.
    - Rupture: It just isn't worth it anymore to keep it rolling.
    - Deadly Throw: Since I have to spec it to interrupt I barely use this anymore. If I could shuffle points around to pick up this talent I definitely would because I like having a ranged interrupt just in case. (Actually, I'm going to see if I can now.)
    What type of content do you focus on? PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? Random heroic dungeons

If PvP, what type of PvP? arena's and rated bg's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Constantly having to stock up on poisons and them taking up space in my bags.

What makes playing your class more fun?I like stealth, having control and the burst to win a battle.

What makes playing your class less fun? Too reliant on cooldowns, i feel if i dont have them available I am not being very effective at doing damage or cc. I dont like how cloak of shadows and combat readiness share cooldowns now, I almost never use combat readiness because cloak is more important unless theres a warrior on me.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Its okay. I still think theres alot of things you need to keep track of but its not too bad.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Being able to shadowstep friendly players, have cheat death work properly.

What spells do you use the least? Expose armor, rupture

Both

Raids

Arenas, Rateds, World pvp (ganking)

If anything, having poisons run out without me knowing.
    Also, being able to pick locks out of combat would be nice to have back. Maybe bring the range back down a bit?

Sneaking around unseen, unfair fighting, and the complex rotation of subtlety pve. And looking damn good in t2. Also pocket runs of instances, and knowing that I can avoid what other classes can't (mobs generally).

Aside from the limitations as pure dps which I don't see as something fixable without a hybrid tax, the only major issue is not being able to quickly kill players anymore, due to the health:damage ratio as well as nerfs to stuns. I personally would rather sacrifice a bit of survivability so that my openers can once again be feared.

Also, though it is not specific to the class, the power and abundance of city guards, as well as their ability to see through stealth and vanish makes world pvp in a capital city very rare and often wholly unrewarding. Even if there were almost no guards, the increased concentration of people in the two major cities would deter many would-be assassins, which affects the rogue class far more than any other.

For assassination it is a bit boring, for combat it is more interesting although energy capping is frustrating (perhaps put a cap on energy regen, moving any extra to haste?), and for subtlety it is very engaging, though if anything the amount of effort put into the rotation could have slightly higher results. Bascially all things equal, a sub rogue should have higher pure damage than an assassination rogue since subtlety is much harder than assassination. (but don't think i'm calling for a nerf to sub's rotation, it is fine and I don't care what others say!)

Slightly more powerful openers, less powerful but more frequently usable CDs (hopefully would make us less dependent on them and smooth out our survivability in pvp).

Also more pvp combo-point generation for combat since it is hard to keep recup up, and have a good duration on Slice and Dice, while setting up a long stun. The issue is mainly damage I suppose, but I believe CP generation in pvp is the key to making it work. Otherwise the spec has a ton of potential...

Finally, a way to ensure Shadowstep being usable on every fight. Perhaps by changing it so it can't teleport you into lava? Or maybe it won't port you if you are fighting certain bosses? That or remove the damage component and put it straight into openers for the subtlety tree. The same can also be said for Killing Spree though, so a general solution would be nicer.

Envenom, Shiv (either never or tons in pvp, rarely in pve), Disarm Trap (though I love it when I get to), and Combat Readiness (you know...).
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Both with slightly more PvP.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Regular raids and Heroics in the past (Wotlk)

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    All 3

After removing the biggest ones during tbc/wotlk its a lot better and I dont see any issues.

Having many escape abiltys and stealth

When hunters shoot trough vanish.
    Target switching as assian in pve.
    Being forced to use daggers/swords/ect based on spec.

Assian rotation is verry fun, altho it can be a pain when I have to switch targets a lot and get 5 stacks of deadly back up. Changing spells like rupture to work like SnD would be amazing for rogues.

More "fun" spells like MC, Slowfall or Travelform like an abilty that has use in combat but you can use it to messaround with at times.
    Being able to use any weapon in any spec and it be viable.
    FoK (minor glyph) that decreases the energy used by 50% if it misses anyone.
    Besides that not much, overall I find rogues fairly balanced and fun to play.

Expose armor (still use it once in a while in arena)
    Shiv (add a purge magic or something and it would be great)
    Mindnumbing fairly usefull because of so many instant casts now. (Maby Shiv+Mindnumb = Purge, would keep the mage hate down)
    -Both, leaned towards PvE

-A bit of everything, raiding depends on IRL schedule at the time

-2v2 arena and BGs

-Definitely buying poisons, also I would love to remove the 60m duration and just make them like an aura. Instant cast poison switching would be nice as well.

-Feeling synergy between my abilities (Revealing Strike was a step in the right direction), fast attack pace, and the very strong defensive cooldowns aka cloak, evasion, vanish

-Too much passive damage (auto attack, poisons), cooldown sharing (looking at you combat readiness/cloak), skewed stat balances (crit sucks, agi too powerful), being kited in PvP.

-I'll go spec by spec:
    Combat: Just about perfect, though I would love an short cooldown energy dump for when adrenaline rush is up, especially with haste affecting energy regen now
    Mutilate: A little too simple for my taste, could use an RvS style ability to mesh abilities a little better, after Slice n Dice is up its only a 3 button rotation and cooldown usage.
    Subtelty: Too complex when encounter mechanics are added in, removing the need to keep recuperate up would be a good start

-An interesting finisher with a medium length cooldown (30s to 1min).

I think it might be a stretch, but to fix rogues passive damage situation, make slice and dice do like 20% increased energy regen and 20% attack speed and increase energy pools and cost of abilities overall (increasing damage of abilities to compensate). This would make rogues do less passive damage but keep a similar feel.

Also combat desperately needs some pvp mobility.

-Shiv because hunters can do unenrage off gcd (i think?), expose because its almost always up passively for someone else, combat readiness because it shares cloak cooldown. Distract, pickpocket, deadly throw(in pve).

PvE Assassination

Heroics

Being asked if we are sure we want to override posions on our weapons is very annoying. Additionally, the ability to swap out weapons with another poison on in-combat to Shiv that poison on feels clunky. This comes down to a macro/addon game that isn't very fun--either you have it and you can do it, or you don't have it and you can't.

Additionally, Pick Pocket should always auto-loot the target's goodies into your bags, in my opinion. There are clunky addons or macros to swap this, but it would be a large QoL improvement to be able to gather the meager loot we can that much quicker.

Strategic cooldown usage is fun. Positioning is annoying, but fun--though I feel it is an element that ranged DPS have to deal with much less frequently, so it feels a little too punishing.

Energy starvation is noticeably difficult to overcome--and it is not fun trying to recover your energy so that you can up your DPS. I have often compared Cold Blood to Tiger's Fury(Primal Madness included), and wished that Cold Blood was a more active cooldown.

Again, energy starvation and the use rate of Cold Blood aren't fun. It is also a challenging decision to provide AoE DPS to the group when it has a large recovery cost if you aren't also juggling Rupture and Envenom(to refresh Slice and Dice).

I also feel that Tricks of the Trade is lacking luster with the recent threat changes, and that it is an annoying short-term buff to continually reapply to a target DPS for a damage boost.

More ability to use Cold Blood or Vanish. In other words, greater energy recovery tools.

Besides the obvious, I use my toolbox accordingly. Everything that has a purpose is used. EDIT: Oh, except Smoke Bomb. I have it keybound, and try to use it occasionally to shroud members from ranged mob attacks--or to "hide" players from being targeted by certain boss abilities(random stuff, like running out and dropping it on a healer/ranged so that they won't be targeted by Fire Breaths on Jan'Alai in ZA)--but it never seems to work. This makes me very sad.
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

pve

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

heroics and raids

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

-

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-

# What makes playing your class more fun?

The fact that all you can do is DPS, attacking quickly and being able to stealth.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

I know you didn't want complaining about damage done or anything like that but the fact that since all rogues can do is DPS, I feel they should be pulling higher numbers or at least bring something like a buff to the raid. It is harder and harder trying to find a reason to bring a rogue into a 10 man group. Their DPS isn't as good as it used to be, and they bring ZERO buffs of benefits to the raiding environment.

I stopped raiding on my rogue because bringing in any other class provides some type of buff or higher DPS on fights. I would love to be able to raid on my rogue again and feel useful.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I enjoy the rotation for assassination minus the fact that energy is being a bit scares. Combat rotation is just fine.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

A bit more energy regen would be nice
    Higher numbers
    Some type of buff to bring to a raid group so we have some reason to be in a raid.
    Shadowstep in all specs (just a fantasy)

# What spells do you use the least?

gouge is useless unless you pvp