Trying to make a second wow account

Customer Support
I want to create another world of warcraft account, on my current battle.net account. I have a couple of questions:
1- Do I need to buy all the expansions (and the original game) again?
2- How to I create another account?

Thanks!
P.S. -I found it quite difficult to find answers, so I resorted to posting this thread. =P
09/07/2011 06:16 PMPosted by Rancoure

Yes, you would. The expansions are optional (technically), but if you want a full account, you'll probably want them as well.

That depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to RAF yourself, you need to create the account by means of a sent RAF invitation. If you're just looking for more space, it doesn't particularly matter - you can either create a Starter Edition account and upgrade, or just enter a Vanilla CD key, and go from there.
"As with other situations, the key seems to be giving Jayne a heavy stick and standing back." -- Inara

Yes. Each WoW account stands on its own, and must be upgraded accordingly.

The best way is to use the RaF program - http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20588
i am wanting to add an account for my daughter and I to be able to play together , can I create a new account and buy all the new games or can I rebuy them on my current account and keep her account under me??
12/07/2015 05:33 PMPosted by Hotcocoz
i am wanting to add an account for my daughter and I to be able to play together , can I create a new account and buy all the new games or can I rebuy them on my current account and keep her account under me??

I would suggest creating a new account.

Also, this thread is 4 years old, if you have an issue or question, make a new one and let the dead rest in piece.
12/07/2015 05:33 PMPosted by Hotcocoz

It depends, mostly on her age and what you kind of options you want available for her.

If she is under 13 the Battle.net account will need to be in a parent/legal guardians name. You can do that by creating one for her, or adding a new WoW license to your Battle.net and allowing her access.

If she is older than 13 she can have her own Battle.net account, with Parental Controls set up.

There are benefits to both. The main for staying on your Battle.net account is that she'll be sharing your pets, mounts, achievements, heirlooms, etc.... The draw back is that since Battle Pets are account bound only one may participate at any given time. You'll be sharing the BattleTag/RealID, so communication with BattleTag/RealID friends will be tricky. If she is close to 18, when she becomes an adult you'll need to split off the accounts anyway and at that point one of you will lose access to all account bound pets, mounts, heirlooms, etc... as they'll stay with the source Battle.net.

If she has her own you'll be able to better set up permissions to limit her access without impacting yours.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to create a new thread. :)
~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.