Chaos Orbs going BoE in 4.3?

Professions
I heard some rumors going around that excited me that Chaos Orbs were possibly going from BoP to BoE in patch 4.3. I personally think they should, as it let more take part in their own Proffessions more and will take out the long que waits for a 1/5 chance to win one it in a Dungeon. Also it will make sure that all Chaos Orbs will be USED instead of wastefully sitting in the bank because that person doesn't part-take in their proffession but they need on it senselessly in a dungeon. I know multiple people who have 50+ orbs just sitting in their bank, as well as one person with 148 orbs, just sitting in their banks. So like I asked before, will Chaos Orbs become BoE in 4.3?
Chaos orbs will be boe "later" in the expansion.

4.3 is the last major patch this expansion.

Grats you now know as much as anybody.
they had stated they would go BoE in 4.2 ...... and we all know what ahppened with that
09/11/2011 06:13 AMPosted by Deathtomb
they had stated they would go BoE in 4.2 ...... and we all know what ahppened with that

When?
09/11/2011 06:13 AMPosted by Deathtomb
I was looking for it at the time, but I'm echoing Pert on the "when?" portion.

They said they would become unbound/tradable this expansion. They never did their famous "soon", and I certainly never saw "4.2" in that discussion. Mate has the correct summary, draw conclusions from his statements at your own risk.
if chaos orbs dont go to boe my suggestion is that bliz can make more ways to get them. one way i was thinking is giving them to players that win a bg up to a max of 5 a week or somthing or have them drop from raid bosses or even let people buy them with the marks from the new dailys
09/11/2011 10:54 AMPosted by Thodus
if chaos orbs dont go to boe my suggestion is that bliz can make more ways to get them. one way i was thinking is giving them to players that win a bg up to a max of 5 a week or somthing or have them drop from raid bosses or even let people buy them with the marks from the new dailys

I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up on the JP/Honor or VP vendors in 4.3, but it's all speculation at this point.
It's just that so many Orbs are going to waste im seeing. It ticks me off lol. As im Working my !@# for them and someone who has lvl'd but rarey uses their prof for their own/others use and need on the orbs cause they can. I rather have the option to buy them off the AH or somthing. Better flow with them i believe. But as every change comes its pros and cons. Possibly lower price ranges for those items but i can care less, as a surplus could be a good thing.
09/12/2011 11:48 PMPosted by Ariesmet
They never should have been bop to begin with. Crafting alts got royally screwed this xpac.

As different from crafters getting screwed in Wrath? Wtb blah blah to be crafted. My frozen orbs paying 20g tip. I went 17 heroics before winning my first frozen orb because everybody rolled ,all the time.

Being someone who has only just gotten into the chaos orb collecting thing (my main is an alchemist/herbalist and my primary alt is a scribe/miner), I have been hit by bad luck not getting orbs, but I have gotten a few.

My 2c is this:

I'm reminded of Frost Lotus in Wrath. Players begged and pleaded for more access to frost lotus because it was so hard to come by and valuable. Six months before the end of Wrath Blizzard increased the drop rate and allowed for trade-ins (both options that players suggested), and they became easy to obtain and their value crashed; some had too many frost lotus to use.

Fast forward to Cataclysm and the same suggestions are being made of Chaos Orbs - make them BoE so more players can get them, make them purchaseable with JP/VP.

My point is that we as a population are not learning from our mistakes. We want what we want because of short-sighted/tunnel visioned ideas. More for the individual means more for the population and this is not necessarily a good thing.
they shouldn't be bop, im trying to find a BS that has 5 chaos orbs to make a unbreakable guardian, i know someone who CAN make it, but he doesn't have the orbs and doesn't wanna farm for them, and if i get some random, he'll ask for an absurd price saying "i could buy all the mats for 4k, get the 5 chaos orbs and sell it for around 13k so give me like 9k and ill make it"
09/13/2011 10:25 PMPosted by Perzifal
they shouldn't be bop, im trying to find a BS that has 5 chaos orbs to make a unbreakable guardian, i know someone who CAN make it, but he doesn't have the orbs and doesn't wanna farm for them, and if i get some random, he'll ask for an absurd price saying "i could buy all the mats for 4k, get the 5 chaos orbs and sell it for around 13k so give me like 9k and ill make it"
basically this, i had all the mats and they guy wanted to charge me 1k gold per orb because he could farm the mats and sell it for 15k.
luckily i begged a guildie to farm them for me who was also a blacksmith
BoE? You can equip the Chaos Orb? Because that's what BoE means, "Bind on Equip". I guess all those people who were excited about Chaos Orbs becoming tradable will be a bit let down if they equipped their Chaos Orbs.

All sarcasm aside, stop saying BoE when you just mean that it's not BoP. Because, you know, there IS the concept of ... not soulbinding at all.
BoE? You can equip the Chaos Orb? Because that's what BoE means, "Bind on Equip". I guess all those people who were excited about Chaos Orbs becoming tradable will be a bit let down if they equipped their Chaos Orbs.

All sarcasm aside, stop saying BoE when you just mean that it's not BoP. Because, you know, there IS the concept of ... not soulbinding at all.

The word is "unbound". :)
09/13/2011 10:25 PMPosted by Perzifal

Whether they're bound or unbound, you're still going to have to pay for them. It sounds like you're just upset that your friend won't farm them for you for free.
09/11/2011 11:03 AMPosted by Pertenstein
I wouldn't be surprised if they showed up on the JP/Honor or VP vendors in 4.3, but it's all speculation at this point.

This is what I'm thinking, as well. Those along with epic Gems, to give people something to spend their lesser Points on.
"Unbound/tradeable" in "this expansion":

Has roughly until Nov-28 - December PLUS, to go. That would be if the next expansion is even out that soon.

So thinking it will be patch 4.3, 4.4, whatever, just because they said that, is silly.

If anything was happening to them in 4.3, my guess is kind of that Blizzard would have said something? After all, 4.3 is relatively "soon."
09/14/2011 02:58 PMPosted by Kybeorie
If anything was happening to them in 4.3, my guess is kind of that Blizzard would have said something? After all, 4.3 is relatively "soon."

Its very early days for 4.3. Normally 90% plus of the information comes from ptr anyway.