Class Feedback – Death Knight

Death Knight
Prev 1 50 51 52 57 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
pvp

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
arenas, bgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Bringing back ghoul explode

What makes playing your class more fun?
being op...

What makes playing your class less fun?
that everything is so unbalanced experience doesnt overcome gear and stats. For example no one duels anymore or maybe its just that im a dk...

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) it is very clean in 2h frost because procs happen often enough but unholy is just not as interesting( and for some reason idk if it my macro or your system but i cant get a leap gnaw macro to work right) Also, in frost, i would like to be able to Death Grip a target after a chains of ice, i hate getting immuned by my own spell.

What’s on your wish list for your class? better looking pvp gear and make unholy better please

What spells do you use the least? I really try to use every cd to win, but for some reason dark simulacrum just isnt effective if you dont take away the persons next cast if i use it on a healer while im trying to kill him and he heals "oh great i can self heal, oh wait i can already do that..." so it doesnt get used unless im with a baddy of an arena partner and i do need to heal myself more than i already can

- I Play both PVE and PVP and over my played time as a DK i have played all specs in all situations (PVE and PVP) but atm i play Frost PVP and Blood PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and Raids (Questing as well if it counts)

- Arenas primarily
- Rated Bgs when i can
- Bgs for fun :P

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Sometimes i feel rune starved, but apart from that i love the class :D

In PVP i love the high melee dmg and strong ranged dmg (for a melee class), my survivabilities against casters i also enjoy, its not enough to be too overpowered, but enough for me to cause some concerns for them. I also love necrotic strike as an ability its a great PVP utility move against most classes.

In PVE i love the super self heals of blood and the feeling that im helping to keep myself alive and not just relying on healers.

Overall great work with PVE and some aspects of PVP

In the recent 4.2 patch i feel very vulnerable to melee classes in PVP (especially rogues), i dont think DKs have enough CDs that mitigate physical dmg and death strike is such a minor heal in PVP nowadays it jsut delays the inevitable. I also didn't mind the cast time on hungering cold, but the fact its interuptable seems a bit unfair when compared to other AOE melee CCs, intimidating shout for example, perhaps a longer CD could balance the fact that it couldn't be interupted. (i hate being locked out of frost school and since i haev to use it within melee range of a player im an easy interupt target)

In PVE i enjoy most aspects of tanking, however as a blood tank i can sometimes take severe damage spikes and i feel squishier in some fights than other tank classes. Just a minor thing tho.

Overall major concern is PVP

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As an ex-wrath Frost Dk DPS, i do miss the blood runes we had because balancing the blood runes and trying to avoid them made teh cycle all that much harder, i think changing to permanent death runes was a mistake as it 'simplified' the spec and made it seem more faceroll.

I love the tanking rotation although the addition of another ability or 2 that we could reguarly press wud be awesome, an ability that directly mitigates spell dmg similiar to death strike that shared the same runes as death strike would add that extra element to surviving as a tank in different situations.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

More survival against physical dmg in PVP - (BIGGEST CONCERN)
perhaps another ability in tank spec

What spells do you use the least?

(ill speak on behalf on all specs)

- Blood strike (does this ability have a use anymore)
- Alot of the rune empowerements for weapons arent used at all
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE - Blood Main spec, Frost OS

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Current Tier of Raiding is primary focus, normal modes.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Blood - Difficult to keep diseases up w/o outbreak if I need to be death striking to stay alive. The damage I take is fairly spikey, which is fine as thats how i'm supposed to work, as long as I am able to quickly heal back up without missing DS several times in a row.

I really do enjoy the active style of survivability of Blood tanking. My main toon was for a long time a healer, and blood DK really appealed to my taste of healing and micro management.

Comparing my survivability to other tanking classes. After doing thorough research on my character and learning the concepts, I learned and practiced first-hand. Yet for all the effort a Blood DK goes through, our survival will end up being compared to the meatball block-capped Tank who doesn't have to do anything but face the boss and keep aggro.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Fairly good. I love the number of cooldowns available for my use, and its fun being able to rely on them.
Death Strike, Heart Strike, and Rune strike are my main abilities. It sucks that Icy Touch and Plauge Strike both consume the same runes that my core survivability mechanic uses (DS).

Make Blade Barrier a passive 6% damage reduction talent.
Blood Boil should do more damage.
Give blood talent tree something that reduces the chance for our attacks to be parried so that it is equal to the chance our attacks are dodged. This will eliminate "Parried" from expertise soft-capped Blood DK's. I really dont like having my heart strikes miss when I'm trying to keep blade barrier up, or my Death Strikes missing when im about to die. In fact, a boost to our hit rating would also be nice, and with just a little bit of hit rating we will never miss!!

Blood Boil
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] -
PvE, I use to PvP but with the Hungering Cold nerf, what's the point.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] -
Quests, PUGs have gotten to painful for me as of late.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] -
BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. -
Oddly enough, survivability. If only we had an instant cast stun to help when we are getting beaten on.

What makes playing your class more fun? -
Rune system, unlike Warriors who need to build rage to use their abilities, we have ours at the ready. Except for Hungering Cold, which is now effectively useless.

What makes playing your class less fun? -
Seeing a lot of instant 'stuns' and knowing I had one, which was nerfed while none of the other ones were. ... cough ... Intimidating Shout, Howl of Terror, Frost Nova ... am I missing some ... Priests have one too ... all instant cast.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) -
Good, except for no Hungering Cold any longer

What’s on your wish list for your class? -
Instant cast Hungering Cold

What spells do you use the least? -
Hungering Cold, at least now anyway
Mainly PvE, I enjoy questing and adventuring. But I get in a BG every once in a while.

Mainly just questing, old or new, and Heroics and Raids on the side when I'm needed.

BGs mainly. I've done some Arena, but, that's too hardcore for me, not as fun as an epic battle.

Feeling like 90% of my Frost DPS is chances of procs happening or not.
And feeling like even when I'm giving a fight all I can, other classes are out-doing me without really trying.

The lore behind DKs is fascinating, being a plate class with some neat advantages and differences between the other classes. Also really cool mounts, armor, and the blue eyes. :)

Feeling like what made Death Knights a "Hero Class" has been taken away. I don't feel I'm any different/special than any other class, and being you only have 1 Death Knight per server, that's a bummer.

As Frost? There is no rotation. Keep diseases up, hope for procs and you have the Runes or Runic Power to put it to good use. Use cool-downs when it could benefit you most.

Making us feel special/unique again. I feel like after Wrath of the Lich King, Death Knights and the Ebon Blade were pretty much done with. And for them to mean so much and be so special, that doesn't make me playing one enjoy it as much.

A few really, main one being Army of the Dead, which is a cool spell and very powerful feeling, but it messes up bosses and pulls more than it helps 90% of the time.
Also, Frost Presence. Seems no spec/build ever uses it, which is a shame, but, that's what the number-crunchers say...
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both PVE and PVP.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Dungeons, quests, old content raids.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Battlegrounds.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I play frost, currently dual-wielding (because 2h weapons look horribly tiny on a female blood elf) but I also like 2h frost. The major issue I can identify is that it can be hard to see the runes (largely because my screen is so large, admittedly). It's probably best to fix this with an addon rather than changing the entire base UI layout! In any case having played frost for a while I've got an intuitive feel for what runes are up, what runes are down, and seldom need to look at the runes in the UI.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

Being able to throw out great bit Obliterate crits and free Howling Blasts! I love when those buttons light up and I get to feed foes frosty fireworks face first! I also like how much control I have - I've a lot of tools for any situation, between Strangulate, talented Mind Freeze, Anti-Magic Shell, Icebound Fortitude, Raise Dead/Death Pact, Dark Simulacrum, Army of the Dead, and the glorious Chillblains. I am an icy harbinger of death on casters in PVP!

# What makes playing your class less fun?

The truly abysmal amount of healing Death Strike does in frost now is saddening. It's hardly ever worth using these days, and I liked my self healing. Death Pact just isn't as fun. Overall though I really like where frost is at right now, it's one of my favourite specs to play of any class.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like it! Pop diseases, hit Obliterate until I've got runic power, dump Frost Strikes until my runes come back, and hit Obliterate if it lights up and I've got the runes for it. It feels kinda sucky if the crit guarantee happy fun light shines on Obliterate and Frost Strike and I don't have the runes for it, because spending the happy fun crit light on a Frost Strike feels like it's kinda wasted, but it'd be more of a waste to wait until runes came back.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

Maybe Corpse Explosion back? I'll admit I never used that spell much, and I didn't really care about the damage it did, but it was super fun. A useful Death Strike back would be nice too.

# What spells do you use the least?

Tanking things like Blood Strike or Rune Tap (I've been known to use Dark Command occasionally in PVE - on one memorable occasion I had a tank in BRC so inept I had to kite Karsh Steelbender through the fire for him!). I don't think I've ever used Festering Strike, or Empower Rune Weapon (which I really should use, but I just can't get into the habit. The cooldown is too long for it to really register in my mind). I don't use Necrotic Strike either - while it'd probably be useful in PVP, it'd mess up my runes for my Obliterates and Death Strikes, and since I rely on intuition rather than eyeballs to control my runes, that'd be a bad thing.
Both

Heroic dungeons, and riads ( but not so much raiding in cata )

BGs

I like DK alot, frost is awsome, tanking is almost there, i never played unholy (necro just isn't my style)

Frost, feeling like a melee frost mage hybrid, a Battlemage

everyone else telling me what i can and cant do ( the elitist they're blind followers )

smooth as frost, boring as hell in blood, get disease up hit death strike, but death strike on 10 sec cd like paladin WoG, let me hit other buttons

Supported DW tanking, just want the option and 1 talent that says yea its not the most retarded thing i could be doing 8) , more mitigation as tank. Paladin and warrior have twice as much from the get go, give blood a "slice and dice / inquistion" type buff they need to keep up that boosts armor significantly. Rotation could be something like Disease up, armor ability, Death strike, heart strike, rune strike, Death strike, heart strike, rune strike, Armor ability

What spells do you use the least? anything unholy
I can see anti majic shield and bone shield on my character. It would be nice to be able to see my blood shield , how strong it is and when it is fading instead of having to get an add on. Something like the priest bubble, but cooler.
I play all 4 specs and am writing this post with a perspective on all 4.

Both

Heroic Firelands Progression on 10 Man.

2v2 Arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

General:

Global Cooldown Capping - Currently, all 4 specs for a DK are Global Cooldown (GCD) capped or very close to the GCD cap. This is because we generate too many resources with not enough GCDs to spend them in. The rune system change coming into this expansion was a way to free some GCDs but several more procs and mechanics were added to each spec that made GCD capping inevitable. The biggest addition in this regard was Runic Empowerment (and Runic Corruption). They both create an infinite loop of resource generation that scales exponentially with Haste.

Raise Ally – This might sound like class envy but compared to a Druid, Raise Ally is subpar for a few reasons. It has very limited range especially when we’re in melee range. It doesn’t have a glyph or talent to support the Health aspect so a boss that has frontal AE damage or a melee based AE attack will get someone killed, waste it. This is a big deal on 10 man where we are limited to 1 Combat Res per HM attempt. We are forced to prioritize who we want to perform the Combat Res because the DK one has more limitations and risks compared to the Druid one.

Survivability against melee – This is more of a PvP thing but DKs are very vulnerable against melee. Given our limited mobility and movement capabilities we are have a difficult time dealing with classes that have snares combined with some high burst, especially when they are combined with other high burst classes. We simply do not have the tools to survive or to kite effectively. Our only option sometimes is to use IBF and hope we our healer is on the ball.

Blood:

"Rune Lock" – Sometimes when I’m tanking en encounter or event with continuously spawning adds, I generally run into “Rune Lock.” This is a term that I made up because I had no other to describe it. It basically comes down to not having enough resources to pick multiple adds on an encounter or event. A perfect example is HM Rhyolith. When the fragments spawn, I don’t have the resources to Blood Boil or Death and Decay to pick up them. I have to use Empower Rune Weapon or Blood Tap but those are significant cooldowns both of which I might not have up the next time I have no resources and need to pick up adds.

Lack of a Raid cooldown – Blood is currently the only tank spec that doesn’t have a raid cooldown. If raid cooldowns are going to be as important in future tiers as they are this tier, this will leave Blood out in the cold on the fights that require them. As we’re learned with other abilities such as Bloodlust, these abilities can have the difference between having a raid spot and not having a raid spot.

Unholy:

Ramp Up and Dependency on cooldowns – The ramp up time for Unholy is way too high to reach maximum potential. We need to build 5 stacks of Shadow Infusion and 60 RP for Gargoyle and we need to build some Death Runes so we can Scourge Strike continuously. This is too much and needs to be cut down. We shouldn’t be so dependent on cooldowns to reach out max DPS. This might make us balanced but it has the effect of turning the spec into a “3 minute machine.”

Scaling – Unholy is a terribly scaling spec. It scales great with Strength because of various reasons but it scales badly with weapons. Unholy might start a raid tier in a great position in terms of DPS, but as the tier progresses and people gear up, the spec will slowly fall behind because only 50% of the damage Unholy does scales with the weapon slot. Compare this with Frost where 80% of its damage is based on weapons.
The Ghoul Pet – Currently our Ghoul makes up too much of our total damage and it causes a number of scaling issues for the spec as mentioned in my previous point. Between Shadow Infusion and Dark Transformation and normal pet damage, our Ghoul takes up too much of our damage matrix. It doesn’t scale with our weapons or critical strike chance.

It also has other problems as well. It ignores most encounter mechanics. For example on a fight where we need to move out of melee range to do something specific to the encounter (Wind and Grounded Debuffs on Ascendant Council for example) we are still DPSing while we do those encounter specific activities. Unholy, unlike another class or their Frost cousins, doesn’t lose all their DPS when such activity is required.
Frost:

Dependency on RNG timing of procs – Frost’s real problem is that it’s too dependent on timing of their various procs. The issue isn’t getting the procs as many claim. It’s the timing. For example, having every Killing Machine happen right before you Frost Strike is a significant swing in DPS. I know on average, it will even itself out especially over a ~7 minute encounter but it can feel very frustrating knowing that you’re losing DPS because the RNG gods aren’t on your side and giving you the right timing on your procs.

The rune system. While it might have its flaws, it makes the class very fun because it’s a very unique resource system compared to Rage or Focus and create some interesting decisions especially when weighting Runic Power vs. Rune usage especially in our currently GCD capped state.

This has been answered in other sections of this post.

Generally, I feel each rotation could use an extra button to press but because of GCD considerations, we don’t have the room to use another beyond what we have. But if the room was there to use extra abilities, I would argue that all 3 specs don’t have enough unique buttons to press. Pressing Obliterate and Frost Strike in a continuous cycle with random Howling Blasts isn’t really that interesting. I would argue the same thing about Unholy.

Blood: It has too much Death Strike. There is nothing interesting about Unholy/Frost runes for Blood. The choice is Death Strike or Death Strike for Blood in this expansion. Blood doesn’t have any non-cooldoown rotational abilities that would take the place of a Death Strike and provide any differences in rotation performance compared to the last time through the rotation.

Frost: Too dependent on timing of procs – discussed earlier.

Unholy: Ramp Up and Dependency on cooldowns – discussed earlier.

This is in no particular order.

1) Reduce Unholy's Ramp Up
2) Lower the number of GCDs we spend by redesigning Runic Empowerment.
3) Add some choice to Blood's rotation.
4) Redesign Frost's procs so they are more controlled.
5) Make the abilities in the next section actually worth using :)

Blood Strike
Dark Simulacrum (in Raids)
Hungering Cold (in Raids)
Frost Presence

PVE, very rare PVP

Mostly solo, questing/dailies/farming old content for achievements and mounts/rep grinding

Occasionally Tol Barad

Rune starvation, and Horn of Winter being *three minutes* if glyphed. Pallies got a significant increase to the length of their buffs, when glyphed, long ago. Yes, two minutes to three minutes is a 50% increase but really? 3 minutes?

I really like the rune system. It's the only non-mana system that really makes sense to me. I like the utility (path of frost makes me giggle far more than it probably should).

rune starvation, frost being so dependent on procs, and dear God the lack of survivability! I have to remember to swap to blood presence far more than I should have to, and the threat increase built into that means either I'm pissing someone off because I'm so squishy I'm dead or I'm pissing someone off because I'm ripping threat. Can't win. Melee unfriendly fights are a major PITA - exercising my "don't stand in the bad" skills means I'm out of melee range and all I have left is Howling Blast and a pathetic Death Coil. whee.

The variability of rune regeneration and cost of key abilities means I'm using about 10% of my abilities 90% of the time, and the remaining 10% of the time is split between frantically reaching for other keybinds and standing there auto attacking waiting for runes to regenerate. I love frost. I have been frost since Day 1 and hated the revamp of abilities/trees because it stripped me of a lot of my utility and survivability. Now my frost DK is almost in the same boat as my frost mage, and it kind of sucks.

survivability. I'm a plate class. I really shouldn't feel like I have all the spiky damage and squishiness of a clothie, and I shouldn't have to choose between building threat that I can't dump and dying because I'm in a melee unfriendly fight and my spec has no real mitigation.

I don't think I've ever pushed the button for dark simulacrum. blood strike isn't even on my bars any more. Pestilence and blood boil are there but rarely used, partially because they're weak and partially because of the flaky range on them and the chance of pulling unwanted adds onto my squishy self.
You do realize that this is difficult to answer, right, since the spells/abilities you do NOT use are going to be out of mind and hard to name? ;)

Both, death knights in all specs are fortunately very versatile for both PvE AND PvE

I do heroics for points and raid, i raided on this guy for t11 and switch to my druid for t12, but then i decided to play this guy again, and i love my Death Knight.

I do just about everything. every arena bracket, i do RBGs sometimes, but mostly just for the extre conquest during the week, and i'll do some pre made BGs with my friends sometimes and own it up for fun/points for BoA gear.

My biggest issue right now is how it takes like a million years to Death Pact after you summon your ghoul, its extremely frustrating.

I enjoy it because you can actually gear it in so many different ways for dps. 2h unholy, 2h frost, DW frost with haste, DW frost with mastery. Frost is my spec of choice and theres 3 ways to play it (more like gear it), all in the same spec. I enjoy having that many options on a character, and not having to stick with THE way to play frost.

Nothing really, however i would say that to me unholy is pretty boring to play in PvE. From experience my Death Knight is much more fun than my druid.

I think frost DKs priority system is one of the more fun ones. Make sure you keep your diseases up and obliterate when ever you can, then with no runes use frost strike, and Horn of winter when you have nothing to do (which fortunately doesn't happen very much while stacking mastery :]). The AoE may be a little easy, but i'd say to do good AoE is a different story. Overall, i highly enjoy frost more than feral, boomkin, unholy, and fire, and arcane mage.

If there was anything, make it so that our GCD resets when killing machine procs, so we could not accidentally use it on frost strikes, that would be neat.

There is no spell i use the least. Of course, in PVE you don't need to utilize every spell, but in PvP is use everything that is given to me. You have to.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and Dungeons, questing

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

It's nice that DKs don't have many vendor requirements (aside from the one, Corpse Dust) and it's also nice that each ability is relevant and serves a specific purpose.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

The most vital facet to fun factor is synergy. This goes for all classes. I have to feel like my class and its abilities are working with me, not against me. For example: I love the synergy between Runes, Runic Power, and Runic Empowerment/Runic Corruption. Using Runes will grant you Runic Power, which you can consume to activate Runic Empowerment, which allows the faster consumption of Runes, et cetera. Having my abilities function intricately with each other is such an important function to class popularity that is often overlooked. Spells and abilities are so important, they quite literally constitute the material of a class. They all have to feel interwoven and connected (in some fashion), working with one another.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Abilities and talents that lack synergy; rough mechanics that feel like they're a struggle to use and are more trouble than they're worth; abilities and talents that don't feel rational or purposeful.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

If Blood was made into a much more interesting specialization that functions properly. The sucky talents need to be trashed, the rotation needs to feel streamlined, and abilities need much more synergy with one another. One of the problems with Blood is that survivability is tied into Death Strike and players must often choose between damage or threat and survivability. Diseases are an integral part of the class; Blood DKs shouldn't feel like they have to skip applying diseases for more Death Strikes.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the Death Knight forums nor am I going to read through 50 some pages of responses, but I have a suggestion for Blizzard regarding the Blood tree and I don't know if it's been mentioned before. Perhaps the largest issue with Blood is exactly what I mentioned above, which is lack of synergy and having to choose between damage and threat or survivability. The reason this problem exists is because of Death Strike's functionality; it requires two Runes for mitigation. This problem is made worse by Blood's Mastery being linked to Death Strike.

Perhaps if a Blood Death Knight's main damage mitigation was done through another ability(and had a more appropriate Mastery), like Bone Shield.

If Bone Shield was the major Blood mitigator, via more charges or a shorter cooldown, it would free up Runes for other things like damage and diseases, giving Blood a lot more breathing room and synergy. Bone Shield makes sense because it's passive, much like Savage Defense and shield blocking is, and doesn't need to be babysat. Subsequently, Blood's Mastery could be tied into Bone Shield with Mastery increasing the damage absorbed per charge or perhaps even increasing the amount of charges, for example.

Other tanking classes mitigate damage through much more passive means and I do not believe that Death Knights should be the exception. It doesn't seem like the reactive mitigation model is working well for many players. It almost seems silly to me that the Blood Mastery generates a new type of shield all by its lonesome rather than giving some added functionality to Bone Shield. With my idea, Death Strike could still exist but its current major role in mitigation would have to be reduced.
# What type of content do you focus on? PvE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? Raiding, currently in Firelands. Currently as Frost DW spec dps.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? I only do the occasional BG or Tol Barad.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Rune Starvation can still be an issue at times.

# What makes playing your class more fun? I greatly enjoy the fast paced playstyle that frost offers. I like that it is more proc based rather than the same rotation over and over the entire time.

# What makes playing your class less fun? Survivability can be an issue. It sometimes feels like I have to rely on healers more than I'd like.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) As I said before, I like the more proc based style. It could be a little smoother but that seems more like a rune generation issue most of the time, if anything.

# What’s on your wish list for your class? I'd like to see dps DK's have a threat dump ability similar to feign death or soulshatter. Even if it's on a long cooldown, it would be very helpful.

I also wish Army of the Dead did not taunt adds, it really limits how we can use this ability. Maybe change it so that the ability does different things based on if you're a dps or tank.

And finally, the ability to use Dark Simulacrum more in PvE. It's an awesome ability but so rarely is used in PvE situations.

# What spells do you use the least? Dark Simulacrum, Festering Strike, and even Army of the Dead seems to be used way less than it should be.

I focus PvE and PvP (Both)

I do 10-man Raids (Regular) and Heroic and Regular Dungeons occasionally

Usually I do Arenas, sometimes I'll fit a BG in though. I've never done Rated Bg's.

Rune Regeneration is the only issue that I could think of for this. Every once in a while (mostly in longer encounters) there will be a time when i can't do anything because all my runes are on CD. I have been building up my Haste Rating and working on my rotation ever since I hit lvl 85 to try to fix this, and it hasn't stopped happening still.

I think what makes playing a Death Knight fun is the things like RuneForging, Our increased Speed from Talents, Path of Frost, and the fact that we can be very good in PvE and PvP environments.

When my runes don't regenerate fast enough and I get stuck. I also feel like I'm "squishier" than the other classes that wear plate armor.

I feel my rotation is pretty simple and descent, it could be better.

The #1 thing on my wish list is something to temporarily increase my speed, kind of like Druids have in "Cat Form". I think that it would be very helpful in questing, raiding, and PvP situations.

I hardly ever use, or even look at, Death Coil. I always use Howling Blast instead because it spreads my diseases, hits multiple targets, and does more damage. Plus, Death Coil takes away Runic Power that I could be using for Frost Strike.
I also don't use Dark Simulacrum that much, I just don't really find it useful, and instead more time consuming.

PvE exclusively, as a tank exclusively, so my answers are almost completely regarding Blood-spec

Raids and Heroics

My biggest one involves Bone Shield. It doesn't make sense that, as a talent in the Blood tree, a spec that focuses on Blood runes, the spell costs one Unholy rune. It would make the ability a bit more attractive if it cost a Blood rune instead of an Unholy.

Definitely being able to handle situations that a lot of other classes can't on their own.

Nothing, really

It feels fairly solid, even with the randomness of Runic Empowerment. The only issue I have is the massive reliance on Death Strike to the point where other abilities just seem to get in the way.

Getting Mark of Blood back. It felt a lot more flavorful than some of the other Death Knight abilities. And maybe having Plague Strike dispel HoT effects again, but that might just be wishful thinking.

Necrotic Strike
What type of content do you focus on? ~ PvE
If PvE, what type of PvE? ~ , Zheroics currently, getting into raiding as soon as I replace my chest piece and my guild begins. :3
If PvP, what type of PvP? ~ N/A
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? ~ Nothing comes to mind....:b
What makes playing your class more fun? ~ The Killing Machine procs, mwahahaha. :D
What makes playing your class less fun? ~ All the hate we get, how we're "not really a hero class" and "OMG DKS SUCK LOL"
How do you feel about your “rotation”? I love how we don't have a set rotation, just a priority system. I'd get bored just sitting there mashing buttons in random order.
What’s on your wish list for your class? ~ Hm...Nothing comes to mind really, I'm okay with the way things are :D
What spells do you use the least? ~ I don't really use spells like Dark WhateverWordStartsWithS or AoE, but that's just because I'm frost :]
What type of content do you focus on? PvP and PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroic Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? Primarily Arena's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Unholy pet sometimes has issues getting stuck while trying to attack bosses in PvE (Sinestra for example), if you spam claw before the pet can hit the target.

What makes playing your class more fun? Making creative use of versatile utility spells (IE: Dark Simulacrum)

What makes playing your class less fun? Fighting other melee classes. Death Knight's have perhaps too much defense against casters, but not even close to enough against melee classes. Death Strike isn't even worth using and icebound fortitude is only really useful for breaking stuns.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I like the unholy and frost rotation perfectly fine.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Some way to increase our speed. Death Grip and death's advance are nice, but having no way to actually increase movement speed is a pain.

What spells do you use the least? Definitely blood strike #1 least used ability. Rune strike, icy touch, and pestilence
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic Raiding

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

NA

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Blood shield down time, if it's not up we are much more squishy. Would like to see some kind of trade off from other abilities to fill in the gaps.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Having control over my own survivability via Death Strike. I am a fan of the "active mitigation."

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Not having more control over my own suvivability and watching other tank classes seemingly do a better job with virtualy no active mitigation.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The tank rotation is fine for "DPS", but I feel there is too much emphasis on spamming death strike or rune strike to proc a rune for more death strikes.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

I would like to see more death strike type abilities. For instance, Heart Strike and Rune Strike should give us some kind of survivability buff as well. Something that would make me have to choose which of the 3 abilities to use to survive, instead of spamming for the next death strike. I guess I'm asking for more "Active Mitigation."

■What spells do you use the least?

Of my tanking abilities I use Icy Touch, Plague Strike, and Heart Strike the least.

Overall I use Dark Simulacrum, Necrotic Strike, and Festering Strike the least.
pvp

Arena 2v2 3v3 5v5 RBGS and the occasional lol BG

possibly increasing deathstrike heal percentage or improving dk survivability
and more RUNEFORGING enchants please we are stuck with the ones from WOTLK
make all the ghouls from army of the dead look different.

diversity being able to be a sort of mix of caster and dps
Burst damage in Frost when its needed running full melle cleave in RBGS 2 arms and 2 f DKs things get facerolled pretty quick ;) a good dk will spam HB on a node till the end of the world to prevent node capping

survivability overall deathstrike heals for like what little as 9% and its a waste of runes
being starved of runes at times but that's rare when you get a rotation and priority system made up for yourself
possibly not enough of a movement lockdown on targets feels like chains of ice and the duration aint enough compared to our warrior counterparts....

there is no real rotation with frost in pvp its usually DG chains necrotic spam for pressure FS FS FS etc. and maybe a festering inbetween to keep those chains going
or if target is making distance between you with DG down its usually HB HB HB DC DC DC rinse repeat for never ending range casting ;)
it usually revolves around procs, i dont play unholy much the rotation dosnt deliver on the stand point of burst damage
hungering cold is all but useless at times with a cast time you try and cast 9/10 times it will be interrupted unless the target is a derp and dosnt know how to interupt

im not really fussed with the rotation of frost but it does get abit boring at times spamming the crap out of 3 odd buttons

What’s on your wish list for your class? survivabilty again more RUNEFORGE enchantments please :)
fix the gargoyl AI sometimes it goes spastic due to aggro from a healer say in arena and it breaks a cc -_- never seems to attack the target im ever on

What spells do you use the least?blood strike all but useless, deathstrike almost as useless waste of runes dosnt do enough base healing by the time you cast it youve lost that health, blood boil unless my HB and all runes are completly on CD soo ill spam that ontop of a node during an RBG match
icy touch in frost spec its useless