Class Feedback – Death Knight

Death Knight
Prev 1 52 53 54 57 Next
For a mass summary, the combination of RNG factors when mixing Killing Machine, Rime procs, RC procs, as well as missing Rime procs due to not being spell hit capped via the 3% hit not effecting it as dual wield, and even worse missing Outbreaks. To put it lightly, I currently find everything about frost to be an abomination, but at least there are some out there willing to help fix things.

There is nothing more unrewarding than feeling like you nailed your cooldowns on the current pull, only to check the logs and see your KM proc rate for the fight sitting down at 35-40% while the other DK in identical gear has his at 60%. For instance, a 3 minute joke of a fight called Shannox, this week I got 56 KM procs and neither of the other 2 Death Knights even broke 40. It has nothing to do with my personal skill, I just outrolled them. Their uptime on the boss was exactly equal to mine within a 0.2% margin.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics/Raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Constant refreshing of diseases mainly, was used to pestilence refreshing diseases.

What makes playing your class more fun?
As DPS, the fact that there is something you can always do to reduce damage taken such as AMS for magical damage and IBF for all round damage.

What makes playing your class less fun?

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Frost is pretty much mashing buttons, Unholy slightly better, Tanking, very boring sitting on runes waiting for a right time to deathstrike.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

What spells do you use the least?
Necrotic strike, haven't pvped much since BC
- What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both

- If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

- If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arena and BG's

- What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Rune system / how runic power works

- What makes playing your class more fun?

duel weild and 2handers are great

- What makes playing your class less fun?

Wish I could rock a sheild sometimes

- How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Rune downtime stinks and lack of runic power. Too much downtime in general

- What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) **Most important**, When tanking as a blood tank and my blood shield is on show me some kind of blood bubble around me so i know when its there and when its not so i dont have to keep checking where my buffs are to see if it's there.

2) Dump the rune system and make runic power generate like a warrior when in blood spec and make it generate like energy when in frost or unholy specs.

3) Make our diseases "added" dps and don't require other abilities to hit harder because of diseases on the target.

4) Allow Army of the dead to be instant cast and used in Arena. Mages get mirror images, why cant we get army? Their damage difference couldn't be much different...

5) Maybe be able to use a shield in blood spec?

6) More dps in tank spec. Not quite sure how druids do so much more damage in tank spec.

- What spells do you use the least?

Blood tap really...
I'm going to try and tackle these questions with concerns from both the PvE and PvP perspective.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Primarily PvE with some PvP.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• 25M Heroic Raiding (DPS and Tank).

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• I casually do the occasional Rated BG, but focus on Arenas for the most part (last season being the first season I actively participated in).

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Howling Blast Range: The range of HB is largely a non-issue for the majority of situations since we are a melee class. However, in some scenarios (Alys, Beth, Rag), it makes sense to get the talent Icy Reach. For an expansion that billed itself as the end of filler talents - and being largely successful to that end - it seems odd to have to spend a couple points to simply increase the range of an ability. In PvP, this talent is 100% mandatory for control purposes and to maintain up-time on targets. My suggestion would be to remove the talent and make the 40 yard range baseline. Since we don't have a gap close in PvE, it would also help with maintaining damage during periods of time when we are moving away for various reasons.

Empty Globals: Even with a significant amount of haste, UH presence, etc., there are 2-3 second periods where I find myself auto-attacking the boss about every other rotation. I understand that the goal was to make the class feel less spammy and penalize players less for latency or accidentally missing a keybind, but I can't help but feel a bit useless when I have nothing to do but auto-attack. I think this issue could be fixed by increasing the scale factors for rune regeneration with respect to haste, modestly or adjusting RE. This is a solution I'll go into more depth about later. For PvP, this isn't a huge issue in either direction.

Death Strike: The cost-benefit ratio of this ability has really warped. It went from being incredibly good, to fairly useless. Giving the heal a HoT for DPS specs with a glyph as opposed to directly healing for x amount would provide the utility without being broken in PvP. Say, 5% instantly and 10% over 10 seconds.

Army of the Dead: I don't really see the point of this ability in its current state. As a DPS ability, if you use it during your rotation, it's usually a DPS loss. As a tank, it's a nice CD, but it has the odd effect of taunting things (where the mitigation would usually suffice). It needs to be cleaned up and given a clear-cut purpose. Either make the ghouls do a significant amount of dmg, or specify it as a tank CD that can be glyphed to prevent them from taunting. Probably would make sense to replace the faster death gate glyph which is quite literally the single most ridiculous, annoying thing to me that's in the game.

Outbreak Missing: It is incredibly infuriating when you're pulling the boss and your opener, whose entire point is to reducee the ramp-up time and subsequent DPS loss, misses and you have to spend DPS resources and time to apply the necessary modifiers to start a rotation that is truncated. This ties directly into the requirement of spell hit cap for some DK abilities - making the stat nebulous for new players and frustrating for veterans. Ideally, this could be just tied into another talent in the Frost tree that increases spell hit. A related and equally frustrating issue would be HB missing. The solution to that would be the same as this.

Hungering Cold Cast: This ability definitely needed a nerf for PvP, but the cast-time is just a headache. I understand that it just increased the skill cap, but juke-casting as a melee feels clunky. Especially if you get kicked and are locked out of a number of DPS abilities. Not to mention, escaping the range of HC is much easier if you're trying to use it as an opener in a CC chain. Removing the cast and increasing the CD would have the desired balance without making the ability feel overpowered. I also find it odd that this ability is required to be taken in any frost PvE spec. It had it's moments, but it just seems arbitrary and archaic now.

[continued]

Unholy Frenzy: Not being able to use DPS abilities during certain encounters occurs from time-to-time. Chimeron was a unique and exciting fight that challenged healers and tanks (not so much DPS) but presented a mechanic that placed UH DKs in a position to perform sub-par DPS. I don't expect to always do top DMG, but when your class/spec is balanced around using abilities that you possess, it is a bit frustrating to see the drop-off when you can't use them. Not to mention, using UF on yourself is a raid DPS loss since its application on a warrior yields greater benefit. There should be a glyph or the ability should be altered to increase damage taken by x% instead of actually doing damage. It could also read: "Increases damage done by 10% for 30 seconds" instead of being an enrage haste effect.

Anit-Magic Zone: The bug associated with this talent can be amazing and broken in some cases. It should probably be fixed, however.

Gnaw: From a PvP perspective, this ability doesn't really need to have an energy cost. Our ghoul, which is easily CCed, does most of its damage from Claw which costs energy. Having to manage a third resource in PvP (and it's CDs) is a bit of a nuisance. Manually adjusting Claw to allow for a stun is cumbersome. Removing the energy cost would fix this.

Gargoyle: Gargoyle melee is a perpetual bug it seems. Making the Gargoyle unable to melee and nerfing it's range would solve any issues that would arise in PvP while solving the PvE aspects.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Managing unique resources to output maximum DPS is pretty exciting. Although this isn't the case for DPS specs, having to intelligently manage resources and make real decisions about what abilities to use is truly rewarding when done successfully as a Blood tank. As we are obviously inferior for numerous encounters when juxtaposed to the other tank classes, it's fun to climb that hill and demonstrate the capabilities of yourself as a player. In PvP, even though we bring damage that is lower tier, having a decent amount of control is great.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Frost: RNG. I know, on a long enough timeline, and using simulators, we arrive at a magical number that is the avg DPS our spec will perform. However, in the real world of warcraft, I don't pull a boss 5000 times. If we defeat an encounter 20 times, the delta for Frost DPS can vary incredibly. Just from my personal experience, changing nothing from week-to-week, I can lose or gain almost 15% in dmg. It's just frustrating to not get a single KM proc when all your CDs are rolling with trinkets etc. and, having to occasionally refresh Frost Fever on the target since you didn't get a Rime proc. All of this compounds to put you well below other people who did get lucky procs and may not have actually played as well as you.

Unholy: Scaling terribly. It's sad to progress from the beginning to the end of a tier, upgrading all your gear, and arriving at an ever so slightly higher number for output. I understand that Blizzard's stance has historically been to play the spec that you most enjoy, and I definitely second that notion, but, doing excellent damage and scaling well aren't mutually exclusive with how a spec functions. There's just no reason for UH to not scale as well as Frost.

Blood: Having to gear for survivability (dodge, parry, mastery, stam) and "threat" stats (really survivability stats for DKs). I understand that this is being fixed to a degree in the upcoming patch, but I would like to reiterate the double bind that DK tanks are in with stat selection. Also, being completely nonviable for tanking multiple (>4) mobs in a heroic 25 encounter is a serious limitation to the class. I would rather DKs have shields and have that slight degree of homogenization than be rendered useless for an aspect of a boss fight.
    [continued]

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• The frost rotation feels just fine with having to make choices about FS/Oblit and managing short CDs. UH seems a bit mindless. There aren't really many decisions to be made, but I suppose thats supplemented with having to manage a pet. Blood is easily the most exciting spec from a rotational standpoint because of managing several tank CDs with runes/RP.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Runic Empowerment: RE is really just perpetuating the RNG of Blood/Frost. It's a situation for tanks, where, if you get a proc, can save you, or, if you don't cause you to die. Since you didn't get the right rune, you didn't get that DS that would've allowed the pull continue. No other tank depends on active mitigation RNG the way DKs do. Resources are always available to some tank classes and not others. This is a large contributing factor to why certain tank classes succeed in top-tier progression raiding. A pally tank will always have mana to use abilities. For frost, RE can provide huge benefits of spamming abilities or long periods of auto-attacking. To fix this, make Runic Corruption baseline. It really would make the other two specs play so much smoother. It would also make the choice between Oblit vs. FS even more interesting. I can't stress this enough as this is easily the single greatest change that these two specs need. It would truly improve QoL immensely.

Presences: Make presences meaningful. No one uses frost presence. If the GCD was reduced for DKs, then FP would come back into play. I also always thought it would be cool for DKs to have appearance effects for their presences, like priests do when switching to Shadowform (not so much druids changing forms). Just seems like something that would make sense for the class and make it feel less like warriors.

Scourge Strike: The fact that DKs have a ridiculously low crit rate, I think, makes the class feel less powerful. It's awesome when I'm on my mage (with a 360 ilevel) and see 110k AB crits. It just feels like you're destroying the mob. SS is a cool ability in that it has a physical and magical component to a melee attack. While this is really nice in theory to talk about, if you're hitting for 20k on average (with really, really good gear) then you're hitting for 20k on average. You don't really think: "it's awesome that I'm doing magic and physical damage to the boss." You just think, "Wow, not really hitting that hard." The spec just feels underpowered even if it is isn't. SS is the main nuke of the tree, but since it has so many damage sources, it's actually hard to single out where the damage should be coming from. I think the priority should be set to an ability that you use actively and it's Weapon DMG scaling should be increased significantly. It should be diseases = ghoul = SS = 25% of dmg. Death coil should be more of a filler than anything else.

Dark Sim: In PvP, it's extremely tough to get something worthwhile. It should be able to be applied mid-cast to steal the cast. If not, then it should have it's scale factors adjusted to be more relevant. Most players will just use an inane ability instead of using what they would normally use to mitigate its impact. It's frustrating to see a shaman casting hex, you sim it, but at the last second, he cancels the cast, and just dumps a heal that you use to heal for 500 dmg. Waste of 20 RP. I always thought this ability should be placed on a target for 10 seconds, switching what it copies each time the target casts a spell and you just use what makes the most sense during that period. If that were the case, increasing its CD would be in order.

AMZ: It should absorb more damage. It's already abused in raid environments for its buggy mechanics. Considering making the scale factors greater.

Execute: Frost's execute needs a bit of a buff. Consider giving UH one as well to compensate for the DPS difference. It's exciting to get a target low and find that "extra" bit of damage to get the job done.

Blood-Caked Blade: I have no idea what the point of this talent is. It needs to be moved up in the tree, rolled into another talent, or removed. It wasn't worth points when threat mattered and it definitely isn't worth anything now that threat is irrelevant.

Tanking: I'm not going to address my wishlist for tanking as it seems 4.3 will bring a lot of needed changes to the spec.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Hungering Cold PvE

Blood Strike

Pestilence

Both. I wish RBGs were easier to get into, and I'm NOT an arena fan at a ll, but normal Battlegrounds I can just hop into on my own are the most fun. It's a shame i have to do arena and RBGs to enjoy them.

I tank and dps in our raids. I generally find melee to be at a disadvantage in most encounters.

Heroic Raids & Trolls.
    I Like that i have tools like AMS that generally lets me take less damage during an encounter. we're working on Heroic firelands currently.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas just because I have to, and Rated BGs where I can although our small server doesn't have much to pick from.

I enjoy random battlegrounds the most.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Right now it would be healing utility and personal control issues.

Healing
    Our self healing requires heavy rune cost for almost little health gain (our gain is easily negated by incoming damage that we can't seperate ourselves from) and multiple cooldowns to see any gain in life. FOr instance, ghoul sack is a 3 min cd, 40 RP and two GCD use for 25% hp. death strike requires multiple GCDs and heavy run cost for minimal gain. same with lichborne healing which took a heavy nerf from our healing glyph nerf.

Compare this with other melee classes like the pally that can heal to full, shield and heal, or instant heal using HW:Glory for tens of thousands with a simple click of a button and one GCD. or rogues who just have to activate one ability and disapear while they gain gross ammounts of HP back. same w ith druids and warriors. enraged regen, one click, all better.

Add it in that it doesn't feel like I'm wearing cloth armor most days and it gets frustrating. My priest has almost as much damage reduction from armor as my DK. Healing is a BIG thing for DKs because we don't have escape mechanisms that other classes get.

Utility
    Compare our utility to a druid or paladin for example. they get instant CCs, stuns, shields, heals, and many other things to help in a TEAM environment. Ret Paladins are great examples with 50% damage reduction on a 1 min cooldown, BoP instant word of glory heals, snare removals ect. they have the tools to help them stay out of trouble and work with a teammates. I feel like all i can do is focus on a target and dps. There's little i can do for a teammate outside of a small snare and a pull every now and then. (although most classes have a mechanism they can use to immediately get right back on their target)

Also, all these classes get some sort of disarm duration reduction baked into their talents.

Personal Control
    PvP and in many ways raids are all about positioning and movement. Every class except the DK has some sort of run speed increase, leap, teleport, or snare/root removal to keep them in the action. It's frustrating not being able to keep up.

I enjoy the preventative defenses the class has like AMS, but I feel that reactionary skills are much more beneficial. We used to have a ton of utility and interesting design options before the redesign that I really enjoyed. I like reacting to procs, but I wish they had more impact, for instance using a KM proc is very similiar in damage for me if i use oblit or frost strike. it doesn't really matter, and either way i want to use it ASAP so i can get another poc.

The variation in class build is pretty much gone now, and the first 10 points of each tree feel very very weak in terms of utility. Frost only has runic power and lichborne that are really interesting. unholy is somewhat required due to disease duration, I wish that would go, with desecration really being the only thing that jives with the other talent trees and that's pretty much only for pvp. Blood is pretty much just statistical changes int he first two trees as well.

Bugs: Howling blast not hitting targets behind you even when it hits primary on something in front. blood tap refreshing non sleeper runes, glyph of death grip. list goes on...

Why did you get rid of ghouls saving energy for gnaw?

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The proc based system is fun, but the procs themselves aren't really all that exciting. It'd be nice to have some abilities that really open up weak spots on our targets when executed properly or open up some non standard abilities.

CC, Stun, movement control, healing, and some damage mitigation. Smart pets back. (ones that save energy for gnaw) ICB really needs to go back to one minute or twominute at t he least and up the damage reduction. A knock back would be a great addition giving the DK a uniqueness of push/pull and the ability to knock dps off us for a small break.

Hungering Cold, Anti Magic Zone, Blood Strike, Festering Strike, lichborne , army of the dead, blood caked blade.

Hungering cold needs a complete rework. it's completely useless in PvE an non sensical in PvP. I'd recommend a stun for 2.5 seconds per disease on the target while causing diseases to tick once per second, and a 60 second cc on targets with no diseases on them. (10 seconds pvp)
    AMZ didn't scale properly and there aren't points for it.
    Festering strike... as an expansion ability you gave us an ability only one talent build will use? Why not just have the unholy tree modify obliterate? then we wouldn't need to wait till the 80s to use a decent unholy rotation.
    Lichborn is only somewhat decent for PvP
    Army of the dead doesn't have a place anywhere right now as well. Why do pallies get to use gaurdian and we can't even use Army?
    Blood strike doesn't fit in end game anywhere.
    blood caked blade, why would you put such a fun dps talent deep in the blood tree?

Pvp

none

All of the above

Survivability and the cost of pvp weapons for 2h and 1h. 2h is 3400 and 2 1hs are 4900. I have to wait 2 more weeks to get my weapon for dual wield spec. Ice bound fortitude to be buffed in dmg reduction because dks get destroyed by other melee classes in arena because of no dmg reductions and lower self healing from death strike. Ghoul sacrafice takes to long to sacrafice because raise dead causes a gcd. Dks dont have a, o !@#$ im going to die button. Paladins have bubble which change the whole outcome of arena matches, mages have ice block,rogues have vanish and evasion/cloak of shadow, druids can turn into bear form reducing so much dmg, prirsts have dispersion(i think that is what is called), well warlocks are gimped right now so they need a buff, shamans have link totem or shamanisric rage which reduces more dmg than ice bound and can turn into a wolf to actually run away, warriors have heroic leap and a stun, hunters have deterance. Sure ice bound makes you stun resist but thats all that it is really good for.

I find dks to be really fun. Having a unique resource system, being like 2 classes in one.has alot of utility and can hit like a truck. Death grip and dark sim are very fun to use. I love copying a spell, but wish dmg spells, like frost bolt, scaled from your ap.

Low survivability and rune and rp starvstion. Having to go dual wield makes us spend more talent points and does not let us get helpful talents like scent of blood. Not having a clear answer on which build is better because of the reliance on km procs and rune regens. Also not having a stun, except for the horrible pet ai.

As a dual wield frost spec, my rotation is mainly priority. Diseases up at all times, obli when km is up, howling blast when i get the proc, frost strike for rp dmp and rune regen and defensive/offensive cds when needed.

A small buff to death strike will help alot with our survivsbility. Or instead a passive skill where a disease stacks on the target and every tick gives you hp for however much dmg it did or percent wise. Or a skill where you get 3 percent of the dmg as hp for every atk you do for like 5-10 seconds with like a 3m cd. Or maybe a 10 percent increase dmg reducetion on icebound. Or something similar to rogues hp regen where if you use death strike, instead of instant heal, it heals over time but more than it is right now. Or a passive where if you atk you get a 10 perecent chance of using death strike automatically with no runes and no gcd.

Blood strike and festering strike, and rarley blood boil only when dnd is down and i need to find a rogue. Festering strike is really a useless skill, back in wotlk it was part of scourge strike and it should of stayed that way. Using 2 runes for a 6 second up time on diseases with little dmg is to much.
    PVP

Heroic Dungeons, only raid for necessary PVP gear

Areans, RBGS, BGs

Horn of Winter being on the global cooldown and worth only 10 rp. A longer cd on it, but rewarding more RP, or off the GCD would make it more viable as a RP gain for a GCD starved PVP DK.

Tug of war damage, especially in arenas. Not losing a teammate in a pair of globals, but having to grind back and forth. Force healers to consider every spell carefully, see people hover just above execute range.

Mobility. Unholy received a moderate solution, Frost is still turned into a spectator by a variety of spells or abilities. Likewise, without mobility, frost has zero room to escape; no intervene/heroic Leap, sprint/cloak/vanish, cleanse/freedom, etc.

I prefer "Priority" to "Rotation" as a DK. For PVP, the priority can be to try desperately to keep necrotic rolling on a target, while doing mediocre damage; or capitalize on damage, and reserve necrotic for key moments. Either way, against a caster these choices have to be made in 1 to 2 GCDs, before its back to running to catch up.

-Hungering Cold's cast time removed, or at least shortened and allowed to cast while moving.
    -Glyph of Death Strike makes it heal for 15-20% max HP, but adds a 10 sec cd. (Frost/Unholy Presence only)
    -Some kind of defensive utility for frost, whether it be mobility like an intervene or a way to create space against enemies like a wall of ice.

Icy Touch - no need in pvp
    Scourge Strike - unholy is better off just stacking necrotic
    Festering Strike(as frost) - Rolling diseases in pvp is lol, little damage, and as frost you don't need the death rune effect.

What type of content do you focus on?

I focus solely on PvE using Blood spec.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Heroic 5-mans (ZA/ZG mostly)

If PvP, what type of PvP?

No PvP at all.

A great quality-of-life improvement was changing Raise Ally into a battle rez.
    Death Runes are a horrible quality-of-life issue. Keeping up Blade Barrier while maximizing Death Strikes is a challenge.

I love the way Blood DK plays. It's unique compared to the other tanking classes.
    - We hit with a big two hander.
    - We heal ourselves.
    - We have a nice bunch of damage reduction and self healing cooldowns (Icebound Fortitude, Lichborne, Death Pact, Rune Tap).
    - We have a battle rez that we can use while tanking (unlike bear tanks for example).
    - If needed, we can solo quite a bit if we know the healer is unable to heal for some reason.

- I have to worry about not wasting a Death Rune on Blood Boil or Heart Strike. (Unless I specifically want to do some AoE). But the rune baby-sitting is not something I enjoy about tanking. That's not what being a tank should be about.
    - I have to either hold on to my FUD (Frost, Unholy, Death) runes until I get hit a lot so I can get a big heal and shield at the offset of not doing as much DPS, or play them as they become available and risk taking a beating and aggravating my healer or wiping the group because I can't Death Strike to recover.
    - I have to be very careful with when I use Raise Ally. I don't want to rez someone right in front of the boss, or in an AoE, as their 20% health isn't much to go on. Especially if it's the healer they will have a task of healing themselves and me back up with limited time and mana.
    - Mind Freeze is a conundrum. On the one hand, 5-man dungeons rely on interrupts, which is why all tanks got one, and I actively use it. On the other, I cannot take the chance that I have no Runic Power for a Mind Freeze on a fight like Corla for example. So I am forced to spec into Endless Winter. While that goes alright with a Lichborne built, it does limit the ability to spec into Epidemic, and rules out Morbidity. A mandatory tanking talent should not be on the second tier of the Frost tree.

As above, the only three "real" abilities are Rune Strike, Death Strike and Heart Strike (and occasionally Blood Boil for some snap aggro). Which in a way is fine, as we have Mind Freeze to worry about for interrupts, Dark Command for taunts, and maybe Outbreak/Icy Touch & Plague Strike for diseases on bosses. Add to that positioning, keeping an eye on the group, checking for adds, etc, we've got enough on our plate. Which is why the rune tetris as it's been called is such a hurdle. We actively need to check if we have a Blood rune, so we can get rid of that ASAP (for Blade Barrier), while making sure we don't waste Death Runes by accident on Heart Strike/Blood Boil. If Rune Strike were removed from Runic Empowerment, I believe it would make a lot of Bloody Tanks very happy. (Though I do use Death Coil on occasion, like the Amani Kidnapper during the Akil'zon encounter in Zul'Aman)
    In short, our rotation is fine, if it weren't for those pesky Death Runes.
    Some people mentioned the cooldown on Death and Decay, but I feel with a 15 seconds (glyphed) uptime and 30 second cooldown it is plenty for 5-man dungeons.

-continued due to 5000 char limit-
    -continued from previous post-

- Many of the things mentioned by Ghostcrawler in his Watercooler post.
    - Allowing Death Strike to always heal & shield, regardless of hit/miss.
    - Improving our Mastery to take into account the damage we dodged/parried.
    - Making Bone Shield more of a "big hit" reduction, only reducing a hit that would do more than 50% of your total HP of damage. (Or however that would be implemented). Granted, the 20% reduction at the start of the fight is nice for positioning and ramping up, but would be more useful when a big damage spike comes in.
    - Blade Barrier could work ok (though as a Bloody Tank, uptime should be 100%, so why even link it to the Blood Runes being down), but with Runic Empowerment's chance at refreshing a Blood Rune, and Heart Strike's chance of using a Death Rune, it really reduces our Quality of Life to that of glueing our eyes to our rune bar. At the cost of being environmentally aware.

- Dancing Rune Weapon. I know it's our 31st point talent, but at the high cost, and with a GCD, it is never available when I need it, or I'm too busy hitting other buttons. What is it really used for? Extra threat at the beginning of a fight (Glyphed)? We won't have the Runic Power. It just doesn't seem to fit in well, as much as I would like it to. If it were to cost no Runic Power, it would be used more (the 1.5 min cooldown could be increased to 3 minutes to offset this if needed)
    - Anti-Magic-Shell. This is probably a personal shortcoming as I should be using this. The occasions are just so rare.
    - Dark Simulacrum. I have no idea what to do with this. I know it's my level 85 skill, but it's use is so vague that I am not sure if it's really a PvP only talent, or if it was meant to be used in 5-man instances as well.

http://bloodytanks.blogspot.com/2011/09/class-feedback.html
    DW Frost PvE

Heroics, soloing older content

The current pogo-stick Deathcharger animation depresses me more than I can say.
    Would absolutely love to dual wield two swords that look like one-handed versions of the Ebon great sword. As it is, it's always axes or maces, which I don't enjoy as weapons, but put up with because I do enjoy dual wielding.

The rune system, procs, cds. DKs have so many unique abilities that have real utility and can be used to counter specific things at specific times (rather than just being used off CD, which is boring). The faster movement speed of UP in frost. Having a ghoul and being able to sacrifice him for a heal, but not having to micro manage him. The speed and flash of dual wielding; but also the quintessential DK'ness of 2 handing.

Some of our cds have very limited use in heroics and raids, which means we never get to use them, i.e. Dark Simulacrum, Army. Restricted self healing, which means limited survivability, which means not being able to pull off wily maneuvers to survive encounters you shouldn't be able to. By the same token, I always hated having to sacrifice oblits for death strikes. Rune/RP starvation. Having to micro manage a ghoul. Icy Touch not being a strong single target attack option for the times HB is dangerous (a lot of the time in a dungeon). Not having an instant Hungering Cold for CC in PvE. It was very useful for mining too.

Counting off & managing runes, hitting procs, working in utility CDs is fun and engaging

Right now, you can only fit Lichborne into a leveling or pvp spec. It should be a standard part of the array of frost self heals and mitigation, so that you're not locked into sacrificing oblits for your main self heal (death strike). I wouldn't mind limited healing per ability as long as there was a wider array of options, e.g. the current Death Strike would be fine, if you could add Lichborne/Death coil as another standard heal option. Icy Touch as a strong single target attack. More use for Dark Simulacrum and Army in pve content. A PvE version of Hungering Cold that doesn't have a cast time. Make Pestilence viable again. It was fun.

Pestilence. Dark Simulacrum.
    Focus in PvE with dabbling in PvP

Heroics with Dabbling in raids

Battlegrounds

Lack of tanking for Frost

Feeling like a magic using warrior of death. Being able to tank in each spec.

Cookie cutter builds and class design.

Very difficult to figure out with the rune changes for Cata. Unintuitive.

Blood DPS and Frost tanking.

Deathcoil
    PvP
    N/A
    Arena, BG, RBG
    if necrotic strike apply blood plague that would be sweet
    great cds, great dmg
    the armors art are kind of weird in a awful way =P
    its fine
    necrotic strike apply blood plague
    hungering cold reworked or back to instant in a longuer cd 2 min maybe
    a little buf to death strike healing minimun 10% of max health
    festering strike, plague strike, rise dead, death coil