Class Feedback – Death Knight

Death Knight
Prev 1 55 56 57 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Currently dungeons/heroics and pre-cata raids. (soloing, 2-5 manning old raids)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Normal BGs. Looking to get into arena and RBGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Unholy pet mechanics. This includes pet pathing (not jumping down ledges), Gnaw on the GCD, having to micro-manage the ghoul Claw ability as Gnaw requires energy and the ghoul does not "pool" his energy for Gnaw on demand (this results in me turning it off most of the time, until I have Gnaw on cooldown). I would prefer if the ghoul could pool 40-50 energy so I can use Leap and Gnaw on command without having to turn off Claw. The ghoul could be set to never use claw if he is below 80 energy. This would allow energy to be pooled and still give room for the ghoul to never cap his energy if he is on a target. I thought the ghoul used to pool his energy some time during WotLK.

Unholy also has a lot of "bar bloat" in PvP. There are many more keybinds required compared to Frost and Blood. Perhaps a talent that lets Necrotic Strike apply Blood Plague so we can take Plague Strike off our bars in PvP.

Death and Decay will not cast properly while Anti-Magic Shell is active. The graphic appears on the ground, but does no damage.

Icebound Fortitude not being available at crutch times due to the runic power requirement. I would like to see it free to cast as baseline.

I would like to see a shorter cooldown on Death and Decay for blood tanking. It would be nice to be able pick up loose adds or another pack that has accidentally been pulled as we have no AoE taunt. Perhaps 15-20 seconds. Could be done with a blood talent or baseline. (I don't think the dps gain for unholy would be too significant, but it would be welcomed)

If an Unholy's ghoul despawns (from say, being too far away from the Death Knight), I have to use the 2 minute cooldown to summon the same ghoul again. This has caused me some problems as I can be without a ghoul for up to 2 minutes just because he despawns. (A lot of the time is due to terrible pathing) I would like to see the cooldown reduced to 30 seconds.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The ability to solo old content never gets old.
The excellent alternatives with Runeforging. Plus I love that I can swap my DPS and tank weapons around based on my needs.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Other melee in PvP. I've learned to not even bother trying against most full health melee targets 1v1. All I can hope to do is kite them, blow all my survival cooldowns and hope I can get assistance before I'm dead.

And frost mages. They have far too much control for the amount of damage they can put out.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

No complaints.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

PvP survivability vs melee.
An AoE runic power dump for all specs. (I would LOVE to see Corpse Explosion brought back)
Some type of baseline CC. Hungering Cold is next to useless, Gnaw is fiddly and unreliable, Strangulate as a 2 (1 talented) minute cooldown and is on the GCD.
Icebound Fortitude - 2 minute cooldown and 30% damage reduction as baseline. (Would help with PvP survivability against melee).
Boneshield as a baseline talent, 3 charges, reduces physical damage only. Talents deep in the blood tree could add extra charges and magic damage reduction.
A +crit% to Death Coil in the Unholy tree. Maybe added to Runic Corruption as 10%/20%.

On a negative note, I would love to see dual-wield frost phased out. It is played almost identically to 2H frost, it adds another spec you have to balance around and you take away loot drops just for 1 spec of 1 class.

What spells do you use the least?

Blood Strike. Useless for all specs.

Dark Simulacrum. A very cool spell, but has a lot of wasted potential and is very random. I think it needs a few changes. Remove the runic power cost, increase the time you can use the copied spell for (30 seconds or so would be nice) and allow the Death Knight to take advantage of talent modifiers from the target, instead of stealing a frostbolt that hits for 1k damage.

Army of the Dead. The channel time makes this spell too awkward to use in a lot of situations. I would also like to see a minor glyph that gives us the option to remove the taunt from the ghouls. Perhaps it could be made into an instant cast spell, but to keep it available as a tanking cooldown all damage the Death Knight takes is split between him and the army while the ghouls are alive.
PvE and ganking lowbies

Mainly 5-mans, although I dabble in raids.

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Ones that are supposedly being addressed in 4.3 anyway, and we'll see how that turns out. For the sake of completeness though: Manual disease upkeep, rune gaming for blade barrier.

To be honest I love the furious button-mashing and micromanagement that comes with Blood in its current incarnation, but I realize it's a severe hindrance to tanks running progression content (and are therefore not me).

Having to watch my runes like a hawk and, by association, my reliance on add-ons. I don't think any class but DK's have such a reliance on their resource that they need to download an add-on (meaning, in our case, one that emphasizes our runes and/or moves them closer to the middle of the screen so we can monitor the action and our runes at the same time) in order to keep track of it well enough that they can succeed at all.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Here is one point on which I disagree with the Blizzard devs as well as the majority of the player-base. Hitting Death Strike *is* fun for me. Having such a powerful, multi-purpose attack on my 1 key makes me feel wonderfully potent. Each press of death strike feels like a small victory, both in the effort it takes to do it and in the results doing it achieves. Maximizing the number of death strikes I can push out is, completely honestly, an enjoyable mini-challenge, and if it weren't as unforgiving as it is in its current incarnation in 25m H, I'd like to see the DS-centric rotation kept around.

Santa came early this year with 30-second CD outbreak. Still though, I'd prefer it if the duration of diseases were lengthened, even if it were just for Blood, rather than forcing us to take 2/3 epidemic.

Most likely the DPS ones (other than Death Coil for Lichborne self-healz). Anything that competes with Death Strike for runes, really. I understand there are uses for Dark Simulacrum in PvE, but I haven't been able to perform them regularly.

Wait a sec: Blood Strike.

•What type of content do you focus on? [Both]
•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids]
•If PvP, what type of PvP? [ BGs,]

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
my only complaint is that it feels like I am always waiting on rune to pop

•What makes playing your class more fun?
The variety of what I can do in a group or solo for that matter

•What makes playing your class less fun?
pigon holed into 2 hander for tanking

•How do you feel about your “rotation”?
makes me mad when i waste a killing machine procc on a frost strike

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
I stole this from someone above me because i agree

1. Buffs to frost presence to encourage frost DK's to use it. Currently, there's virtually no incentive to use frost over unholy presence because of the potency of 1s gcd's. While I don't mind UP, it just feels "wrong" to use the presence of another spec.

2. A glyph to make raise ally bring the target up at 100% life (so they don't immediately die to random raid aoe. our druids are required to have this type of glyph already).

3. Some additional purpose for hungering cold in PvE (it's kinda useless right now with the cast time).

4. Blood tap to work correctly. I frequently use this ability and have it do nothing at all, as if It doesn't understand what to do when I already have both bloods as death runes.

5. Some new runeforges. Basically just for flavorWhat spells do you use the least? Icy touch- There's just no purpose in this ability as a frost DK. I'd honestly prefer it buffed to do more single target damage than howling blast, to differentiate the two as single target/aoe. Dark Sim- There just isn't much in a raid that you can use this on, and it's hard to preemptively grab casts at times.

•What spells do you use the least?
hungering cold since the huge err change

9/12/2011

Quote[/quote]

- PvE

-Used to be mostly Heroics in the past, but I've found a nice guild and have gotten into raiding. Also solo'ing old content.

- N/A

I'm dual-spec'ed Frost/Blood. When I'm Frost, I feel too squishy, and when I'm blood, I feel too like I take too long to kill things. (Regarding to stuff like dailies and old raid content). I understand the reasons for this though, it wouldn't make much sense if I could be an unstoppable killing machine. (3.0 anyone?)

- Two different resources that compliment each other.

- The absurd amounts of RNG involved with my PvE rotation. Killing Machine, Rime, Fallen Crusader, Runic Empowerment, sometimes it feels like my abilities are controlling me as opposed to me controlling them.

- The above, and I feel like Howling Blast dealing more damage single-target than Icy Touch is a bit odd. I do like having lots of buttons to hit.

- Aside from the tanking quality of life changed that have been addressed ad nauseum, not much. It would be neat to see Frost Presence brought back as the primary presence for Frsot Death Knights. Oh, and Improved Frost Presence has almost no DPS value if you are using Unholy Presence. Perhaps that could be addressed?

- [Insert all the various PvP spells]. I also find myself not using Army of the Dead, Death Strike while Frost (the healing isn't worth it without Dark Succor), Dark Simulacrum, and Blood Boil. Does Blood Biol even serve a purpose now except to consume Blood Runes for Blade Barrier (and RP in the future)?
I came back to add some more.

What makes your class less fun?
The fact we're forced into 1 spec, be it encounter design or just pure damage output I'll let you pick the reason. But what makes us truly less fun? The fact we have crit on our bracers, on our highest ilvl neck, on our highest ilvl belt, on our highest ilvl boots, on one of our rings, on our highest ilvl trinket, on our highest ilvl relic, and sadly one of our pieces of tier gear which can thankfully be replaced while still maintaining 4 piece. Itemization was only slightly better last tier, but at least the shortcomings could be fixed through RNG gear in ToFW (belt cloak).

I had hopes that next tier would be our turn, but as it turns out, it's even more itemization towards warriors. Not only that, but this time around we have 3 pieces of tier with crit on it (legs, gloves, shoulders). I'm dying laughing I really am. Two different boot choices, both with crit. Two different bracer choices, both with crit. Neck? Crit. Cloak? Crit. Ring? Crit. I could go on all day. It's like Darnell says, TIME TO REROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
Both

Raid/Heroics

RBGs/ ARENAS

No cast time on Hungering cold

Not begin trained to death in seconds.

The simple smashing of 3 buttons for frost

They are fine except for unholy which need more work on the pet clunky command for UH.

No cast time on hungering cold, give us back dark succor but doesn't have to be a 15% leech, can nerf it to like 12%.

Icy touch, Blood strike, frost presence....

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]: PvP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]: Arenas and BGs

What’s on your wish list for your class? A melee cc, we have silences and interrupts but lack any cc for melee. We do have chains of ice, however, it does little to nothing on warriors and rogues due to charge and sprint. We also have hungering cold if frost, however, since hungering cold has been put on a spellcast now instead of intanst he gets easily interrupted but just about any class so its almost useless. Even if it means taking away a silence or interrupt i would like to see some kind of better melee cc for pvp. I would also like to see unholy spec become a better pvp reliable spec. I would also like to see necrotic strike do more healing absorption. So many times I have gone up against a warrior that can heal through my necrotic strikes and dps with no problem. When a class that is a dps class can heal themselves through a dk's dps and necrotic strikes there is something seriously wrong, gives us no chance to beat them if they can heal all dmg and through necrotic strike with their heals alone.
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE

*sigh* I hate questions like this. The correct answer is "none" because I have shelved this character for a variety of reasons some of which are class specific and some of which are not.

During the time when I did play and enjoy this character regularly, I did both heroics and raids.

The 2H Frost spec is in last place for damage. It has been "left behind".

Additionally, I hate the DK "pet". I want to be able to play a character who wears plate, carries a 2handed weapon, and doesn't have to worry about a pet. I play(ed) this class to get a break from my Hunter, I want nothing to do with the DK pet, it's aesthetically unpleasant. I don't mind using it as a "fire and forget" cooldown once in a while, but having it around constantly is a non-starter for me.

What made the class fun (when I played it regularly, as Blood DPS) was that it was a highly survivable, highly forgiving, high damage class with a superbly synergistic priority style rotation.

It made the class easy to play and a real blast.

Cataclysm. Yes, I am serious.

The class specific changes and the expansion specific changes both ruined the class for me.

Playing melee DPS now requires constant micro-management of my positioning. Combining this with a unfriendly, proc driven "rotation" makes the class depressing to play. Additionally, the survivability and the synergy between Death Runes and Death Strike (that was present with Blood DPS during Wrath) is gone.

I don't like the proc dependent DPS of Frost.

Make it fun again, see above.

Mm… I don't really have an applicable response here.

I suppose I'll say … defensive cool downs and interrupts, I hate being responsible for those.

Any additional comments?

I don't really know how applicable my comments will be. I have largely stopped playing this character and the class in general. The only thing I can stress here is that I did it because it stopped being fun. This used to be my second favorite character, not so much anymore.

•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raiding, Heroics

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
BGs

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Having one bag full of PVP gear all the time. Maybe make Mobile Bank have a bank tab for your own private bank as well?

When I first rolled it was because I was the new Hero class! It was awesome and wayy OP at the time. It's fun to be a DK now because of all the tools we have to inflict damage. Rune system is fun.

RNG sucks. Crits & crit % sucks. Nerfs from the PVP world effecting PVE sucks.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I like the priority based rotation. It seems to work well.

Simple... undo nerfs to OB and HB. Make Unholy competitive again. Quit trying to balance PVE and PVP. Now, it seems there is a melee buff coming for raids so thet we can compete w/ ranged. I don't like the idea of needing buffs to compete. It used to be bring the player not the class but is it really like that anymore?

Dark Simalcrum, Necrotic Strike, and lol Icy Touch
•What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raiding

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
None for frost spec, I think it's designed really well. The RNG system doesn't make it feel clunky like you would expect and in terms of DPS I think is well balanced against other melee.

For blood, the entire tree needs a revamp. There are far too many useless talents that could be replaced with much better ones. Abom's might, blood-caked blade, crimson scourge, butchery and although it's a PvP talent I don't think I've seen anyone taking it.

Also the fact we need to go into tier 2 of another tree for free interrupts as a tank. Kinda ridiculous when our survivability relies on RE procs from Rune Strike, but then we sometimes end up gimped because we need to play it safe to get an interrupt off. Interrupt talent for blood should be in the blood tree, with some other benefit added to it.

Fast-paced rotation, overall I think the DK frost tree is designed well. There are no redundant talents and they all have an obvious purpose.

Blood DK, can't really think of any tools we have that makes the class more fun to play.

The blood tree being contradictory, and knowing that a much better job could be done with the tree.

Having to stare at my runes for an entire 6 minute fight as blood if I want to maximize DS usage and efficiency.

The fact that Death Strike is way overpowered, but our passive mitigation is completely underpowered - making us almost solely reliant on RNG for survival. I'm aware that other tank classes also sometimes rely on RNG throughout fights, but not to the extent that we do. Their added passive mitigation means they're less likely to die from a streak of bad luck than we are.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Frost rotation is fine. Even when RNG is unfriendly DPS is still competitive, and the fact that there are so many procs available make any bad luck streaks short lived.

Blood rotation is a headache.

My wish list for frost/unholy is simply that we aren't changed drastically. Our DPS is competitive (unholy erring on the side of needing a slight buff maybe) and we really don't need to be changed anyway.

For blood, revamp entire tree for reasons stated above.

I guess Festering Strike?
Sorry if this has already been suggested, but PLEASE Blizzard, bring back the Unholy Blight visual effect around the Death Knight for their T13 set, and not waste it on their target.

The visual effect was one of the coolest in the game, and seems completely wasted on mobs, who are usually at a fair distance and are only alive for a few second for the most part.

My suggestion is to incorporate it into the T13 armor set. Since it hasn't been released yet, I assume final tweaks are being done. Even if the art team is almost finished, I think most Death Knights would be willing to wait if this was added to our the armor set.

Take it back from mobs and give it back to us! Please! It fits the Death Knight style and atmosphere perfectly. I don't mean permanently have a swarm of insects around us, but implement it like you have with previous class sets, where occasionally, possibly even linked to a certain condition, it appears.

Death Knights used to have such great flavor with their class, but much of this has been stripped from our 'Hero" class in the name of balance. I'm begging you, guys. Just give us this one thing and we'll love you forever. Or at least I will. And if you do, I swear on the graves my family that the Lich King tore from me that I will send you Death Knight-themed cupcakes to the team in charge of the Death Knights T13 armor set design.

-PvP

-N/A

-All of the above.

-Having to go to Ebon Hold every time I get a new weapon or would like to change my specs up a bit. The whole authenticity of it is nice, just a pain in the face to do every time.

-Spending an extra 3 talent points in the frost tree to dual wield. So frustrating.

-Having a wide variety of offensive tools. Abilities that make people's lives more difficult is quite fun. "Oh great a freakin' Death Knight". Makes my day.

-No preventative CD that isn't major/not having a passive ability that mitigates damage well (Barkskin, Second Wind, Ice Barrier, etc.). Dying consistently or always worrying about my health bar and only having 2 major cooldowns that hardly work makes it feel like i can never pull my weight before having to go defensive. Summed up, no survivability really sucks.

-Unholy's mechanics. I would really like to see the death knight pulling the majority of the dps instead of the pet. That and the fact that Scourge Strike is hardly ever used in a PvP situation.

-PvP has some issues with being runic starved, and frost is pretty boring. Other than that its pretty amusing ^.^

-Survivability tweaks. Way too squisher as Frost/Unholy. Would also like to see blood getting balanced out, its too powerful.

-Icy Touch. Since Chains of Ice causes frost fever and has a better slow (that's even if your spec'd into Chilblains.) it really has no use what so ever.

PvE

Raids/Dungeons

It would be nice if DW DKs didn't have to put talent points into Nerves of Cold Steel and instead it was a passive ability (sort of like precision for Fury) or maybe rolled into another talent. The extra talent points would help with Frost's bloated talent tree.

Specifically, I love using Obliterate on KM procs. It's probably just the massive numbers that pop up. I enjoy the fast paced proc style of Frost (otherwise I'd be Unholy). When you get lucky with a couple of KM procs in a row I get pretty excited :P

Not being able to keep up in DPS, mediocre armor designs, and not having a place in game lore (this expansion has been devoid of any Death Knight influence). One major thing that makes the class less fun is when it is constantly changed (either the mechanics change or one spec is nerfed/buffed etc.) I know this is usually for balance, but it is tough to adapt to different mechanics every patch or even switch specs because my favorite one isn't competitive anymore (thankfully Frost is instead of Unholy).

The rotation currently is pretty simple (yet very open to debate because there are so many variables), but because of the rune system, abilities aren't always available when you need them. I do think the rune system is cool and unique, but it is becoming a little dated while the Death Knight class has changed so much since its inception. I would sacrifice some simplicity for the ability to have my skills more readily available and to not play so much rune tetris.

My wishlist would have changes to the current rune system at some point. As I said, it is an interesting resource mechanic, but I think with the way the game has evolved as well as the class, it feels somewhat clunky. Also, more options for spending points where I want in the talent trees. Other than that, I feel like DKs are in a good spot.

Blood Strike, Icy Touch, Death Pact

BTW, I think it's really cool that Blizz is doing threads like this.
Both

Raids

Arenas, BGs

Is being forced into DW or UH a quality of life issue? I prefer 2H Frost above all else, but it isn't viable anymore and I'm pretty much being forced into the other two.

I guess you could say the mood of the class sells it for me. Ice, plague, plate armor, big weapons. That kind of thing.

Might've said it before, but I enjoy 2H Frost the most of all the specs, and it's losing viability.

It's fine. Wish FS didn't interfere so much with Oblit when it came to KM procs, but that's just bad timing.

2H Frost being at least = to the other specs, as well as some armor based around our signature dark-blue colors.

Icy Touch and Blood Strike, seeing as how I'm Frost.
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• 25-man raiding, some dungeons to fill any gaps in weekly VP cap.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Ugh. No. <- (need more ways to emphasize this)

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• I've played the majority of my time as a DK as Frost, and I'd have to say my biggest QoL issue would have to be the reliance on RNG for the spec. I have to agree with what was said above about itemization (mainly the abundance of crit) on a lot of our best pieces. Also stated above, the interaction between Frost Strike, Obliterate and Killing Machine. Sometimes it's fantastic, other times, I'm tearing my hair out in frustration (figuratively).

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• WORM SMASH!

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• As stated above, reliance on RNG, and the rune system is starting to feel a little clunky.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• As frost, I enjoy the rotation. As unholy (as I've been forced to play due to AMZ for Ragnaros and Staghelm... ugh), it takes some getting used to, but it's fairly similar. Both can feel a bit spammy at times (ie, 3-4 Obliterates in a row is fine, but using Scourge Strike upwards of 6-8 times in a row is just... Arcane-ish.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• More uses for Dark Simulacrum in a raid setting for DPS Death Knights. What I'd really like to see is DarkSim being worked into a niche encounter very much like how Mages had to tank one add in the High King Maulgar fight using Spellsteal on his shield. Hand of Ragnaros is fun to copy, but it has to be timed damned near perfectly to be useful against Sons of Flame. And I just have a total blast in ZA/ZG.

• What spells do you use the least?

Blood Strike: get rid of it.
Hungering Cold: I can't think of a single time this has been useful as a CC in a raid or dungeon setting (except when I was forced to kite Nefarian's adds in phase 1... all of 3 times). And it's a pre-requisite for one of our staple spells as Frost (Howling Blast). Either find a way to make it better or scrap it. It's not working for PvE. Make it a sideline talent for PvP instead and have Brittle Bones as the pre-req for Howling Blast.
Quality of Life:

I mainly PvP (BG's) as Blood so we have good survivability. You can often go longer 2 or 3 mins between deaths when in Blood. I am constantly forgetting to re-apply the "Horn of Winter" buff. Make it last as long as other class buffs. Heck 10 mins would be a sufficient.

both

raids and heroics

BG's, arenas

making auras work for each spec. atm frost aura is only viable for frost pvp. and even that doesnt make to much of a difference.
Also bring back the original idea of dual wielding tanks, i thought that was a cool idea when i first heard it mentioned.

right now its the fact that i can spec 3 different ways and still wear the same armor with very few reforges/ gem changes.

tier gear no having the right stats. take tier 12 dps chest. mastery isnt that great of a stat for any dps spec. I wont even buy it even tho its a slight upgrade in str.

it just seem either 2 easy or you feel rune starved. you dont use Festering Strike for frost and why with the new cast timer do i have to take hungering cold to get howling blast. i didnt see any need for the cast timer and basicly made the spell useless to even bother to use.

hungering cold to lose its cast timer. corps explosion come back. festering strike be finding its way into a frost rotation. change rune strike to coincide with aura. not just keep it a tank hit only. have non permanent pet explode when time is up and do damage.
give army of darkness a thriller dance move when you /dance.

(as frost) hungering cold, blood strike, festering strike, rune strike the ones i can think of atm
Both

Raids and Instances
Arena and Bg's

Rune Forging weapon anywhere :)

Having a pet,can use 2 hander and 1 hander weapons and using spells.Tanking with 2 hander weapon is fun too :D

RNG for frost,too busy at sometimes and too free sometimes.I prefer it to be constant :)

1)Frost - RNG so much at sometimes.KM procs,Rime procs,runic power nearly to full is a busy day but without any procs its more into waiting.I wish it more consistant rather than smash button and then just lay back :D
2)Unholy - unholy is much more better RNG than Frost but busy most of the time compare to frost.switching target is a bit hard do to need to reapply disease first,so for me cant maximise dps if u want kill target die quickly.
3)Blood - RNG is worst than frost,feel really squishy if Death strike miss or waiting on random rune empowerment.applying disease is a problem due to same rune with Death Strike.Bone shield renew is hard due to unholy runes but I usually bloodtap so it wont mess may Death strike.

1)heart strike to give us mitigation buff after use it.
2)frost dual wield attack for plague strike,death strike,frost strike and obliterate like rogue mutilate graphic :)
3)Unholy spec pvp pet macro and control is nearly insane from my point of view,pet can be CC both gargoyle and ghoul. gargoyle attack reset if you force to attack something else.
4)For Frost and Unholy Pvp survivability is an issue.Icebound Fortitude need runic,Hungering cold is really hard to set off due to casting and interrupts+lock frost school.Death strike is healing quite low.
5)It is quite boring to stay in Unholy presence most of the time whether im frost or Unholy spec.
6)Blood boil use runic power and make rune strike for frost and unholy like blood dk wll be more fun :)
7)Dark Simulacrum doesnt scale with enemy spells and sometimes cant even use the copy enemy spell :) for a new skill i hope it is more fun like outbreak or necrotic strike :)
9)I want to see corpse explosion and blood strike.It seems blood strike is without function in any tree

Blood strike for PVE and PVP.Rune Strike for PvP

And I wish you good luck in 4.3 patch with class balances.I know it is rocket science but WOW today is much more better than BC from my point of view.Thank you it is fun to play this game :)