Death Knight
Prev 1 5 6 7 57 Next
Q: What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
A: Both

Q: If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
A: Heroics & Achievements

Q: If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
A: BG's

Q: What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
A: Rune Starvation

Q: What makes playing your class more fun?
A: Ability to survive the tougher PvE content and soloing group quests

Q: What makes playing your class less fun?
A: Rune Starvation & lessened survivability as compared to WotLK era.

Q: How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
A: It's okay, except the fact that in Frost, I will have "Killing Machine" proc just as i am pressing "Frost Strike". This, in my mind, wastes the proc because I'd much rather be using the proc on Obliterate when possible.

Q: What’s on your wish list for your class?
A: The ability to have the perma ghoul in any spec. (As in the days of WotLK)

Q: What spells do you use the least?
A: I really do use them all quite frequently, as I feel they are all necessary, given certain circumstances.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics/Other(Soloing bosses)

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Tol Barad/Battlegrounds

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Make runic empowerment less RNG for tanking

What makes playing your class more fun?

High survivability from the blood tree, blood feels perfect at the moment and I hope this model doesn't change in the next expansion, this is the most solid blood tanking has ever felt.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Lack of spell mitigation as blood, Anti magic shell is good but Death Knights were originally designed to be anti caster tanks, with blood shield not absorbing spells, any fight with more spell damage than physical damage it defeats the entire purpose of getting any points of mastery.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I love how blood plays right now, don't change anything about it in the next expansion other than possibly making bone shield useful.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

More magic mitigation, possible movement speed improvement as blood, Make blood shield effect magic damage - Make bone shield useful, possibly change it that it requires a blood rune instead of an unholy rune.

What spells do you use the least?

As blood: Bone shield, blood strike - While bone shield is useful on some fights, using death strike seems to be more useful on every fight than casting bone shield.

Overall: Festering strike should just be removed.

Both

Raids

Arenas and Rated BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Rune starvation. Blood Tap on a 30 second c/d talented helps to make up for this, but I'll still hit gaps where RE or RC refuses to proc, and then I'm left sitting for long bursts. I just dislike relying on an RNG based ability to keep me going.

Also, my newfound LACK of survivability in PVP. I don't think that I should be killable THROUGH my own cooldowns, with 4k resil, by a single dps while receiving healing AND death striking. This has happened several times, typically involving sub rogues or feral druids, less often mages and warriors.

When everything is flowing rhythmically, and I almost feel as though I'm dancing across my keyboard, spending runes as they pop.

When I find myself having to switch specs back and forth (I'm one of those weird players who actually likes playing unholy, but for half the fights in firelands it's absolutely terrible BECAUSE the pet is so much damage.)

Also, I'm not liking having my 5 minute c/d feel underwhelming compared to many others. Empower Rune Weapon is INSANE in pvp, but compare it in PVE to a lot of other 5 minute cooldowns. Guardian, Recklessness, and (I believe talented Cold Snap.) The aforementioned skills are MASSIVE damage increases (CS into a second Icy Veins,) meanwhile mine simply lets me loop my rotation once more. Maybe either a shorter c/d or alter it to also bring Unholy Frenzy/Gargoyle/Pillar of Frost off c/d at the same time?

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotation feels smooth AS LONG AS RC or RE is proccing. When I dump the RP bar and get no runes at all, I feel worthless for those few seconds. My only actual issue is as unholy, having to use death and decay on single targets. This feels extremely strange to me.

Balance. Seriously, I keep hoping Death Strike will go back to it's WotLK version, where the healing is based on 5% per disease, but I don't want season 9s "lol u cn't kil me solo" back. Wouldn't mind seeing maybe a different AoE tool for Unholy either. In most fights where AoE is needed, you can't exactly get in super close to the target, so trying to pestilence and blood boil is impactical, and death and decay just doesn't feel like it does enough damage. Maybe make d&d actually increase in damage with the number of targets it hits? That way we wouldn't have to use it on single target fights.

ALSO - a new runeforge or two would be wonderful. The fact that both dps specs are required to use the same runeforge we got back at level 70 feels strange. I saw a wonderful suggestion somewhere for a runeforge specifically for UH (like DW frost has Razorice) that added a 4th disease to the target when it procced. This could be interesting.

Dark Simulacrum. There just isn't enough nifty stuff to steal in PVE! I understand there are purely PVP moves out there, but even mages get to spellsteal for benefits in PVE.

Icy Touch. Unless I decide to never festering strike as UH, or never howling blast as frost, this spell is rendered pointless at 85. Maybe something can happen with it?

Both

Heroics, not raids in Cataclysm (did in all of the others)

BGs

Runes are a tad annoying at times because you want to use a certain ability and you can't, forcing you to reach for Blood Tap. It's not that big of a deal because it's just management of resources. Managing diseases could be a bit easier, and there should be more things to do with Runic Power. Also, a graphic for Blood Shield would great...

Tanking as a Death Knight is enjoyable because there's a lot of skill to it, and the choices I make in a fight constantly matter. I love the Blood Shield mechanic and the self healing, along with the cool utility talents like Bloodworms, Rune Tap (also +glyph).

Keeping diseases up on multiple targets can be difficult or a chore at times, but it's not a huge deal. Not being able to use a certain ability for long periods of time and just having to wait for runes is ugh. Blood Death Knight is plastic in general compared to other tanks (which is fine because of Blood Shield/healing) but when I can't use Death Strike because I have no runes or I get bursted, I definitely feel a tad weaker than other tanks, and feel out of options. I also personally think we may have one too many cooldowns on such short durations (Dancing Rune Blade is not a favorite). Also, the change to Raise Ally definitely made it a lot less fun. :(

It's fine, but opening up on fights on lots of trash mobs (gathering them all up, ensuring you have aggro, diseasing) sometimes makes it difficult to get the Death Strikes going, resulting in large amounts of damage taken. Rune Strike is cool, but there's not enough ways to use Runic Power in my opinion; most of the time you don't even need to Rune Strike. Threat can easily be gained through other abilities, and Rune Strike just comes in as a button you mash in order to attempt to get your runes up when you have nothing else to do... and it's just damage output, which as a tank, I shouldn't really be worrying about. I dislike the RNG factor on the rune activation from Rune Strike, and feel there should be more meaningful things to use Runic Power for. Dancing Rune Blade is "okay" in its cost and cooldown, but most of the time when I DO want to press it I don't have the Runic Power, and even if I do, it feels like such a weak cooldown (that I think also costs GCD?). The threat generation boost from the sword is worthless right now and the parry chance is "okay", but nothing major. It would be useful MAYBE at the start of a fight to get some threat without losing it, but you can't use it at the start because it costs Runic Power, and after you finally get some, the fight is already going and everything is fine (no longer need the threat generation). I just feel like it doesn't synchronize in the whole theme of Blood DK being "tank" enough.

This is also true for Bone Shield, which you don't even notice the majority of the time, nor do you want to spend the runes on it mid-fight as opposed to Death Strike. Blood Boil is also on that list; it's just boring, annoying, and a worthless version of Heart Strike. There's no real reason to use it due to the low threat generation it provides when I could've just used Heart Strike. It does hit more targets, but I'd rather just use two Heart Strikes, Death and Decay, taunt the other targets, etc. Army of the Dead was a cool idea in WOTLK beta, but now it's just... meh. On any difficult boss it doesn't taunt, and it's just a minor DPS cooldown for us tanks. When it does taunt things, it ends up being risky due to mobs and bosses aiming their AoEs all over the place. If you're facing trash mobs, there's a high risk of it pulling more. It's just somewhat useless, especially for the extremely long cooldown it has. I also love Empower Rune Weapon, but it's just got too long of a cooldown for the 3 seconds of greatness it provides (and the runic power from it is useless cause we have nothing to do with it). You use it, Death Strike twice, and that's it... which don't get me wrong, is great in a bad situation or in general, but then you have to sit on it. We DO have Death Pact which costs Runic Power, but summoning the ghoul and then using it feels like a chore, a long wait, and when you do really really need it, there's too many times when you don't have the Runic Power because you didn't expect to need it suddenly and spammed Rune Strike for runes.
I'm active in both raiding and pvp.

10 man raids

Arenas

I almost feel silly asking for this, but I would like a portal to Stormwind/Orgrimmar in the Archerus. I realize that this would be like a no-cooldown hearth, but with hearth CDs only being 15minutes these days anyway, perhaps Death Gate could be given a longer cooldown.
Also, I'd love to see the runic-power cost of Raise Ally reduced or removed. As a frost dk, my priority system has me dumping my RP so fast, I often don't have the RP for a rez the moment I need it. I have to slow down my rotation, actually think about building that RP up, and hope I get enough before an AoE mechanic prevents me from doing the rez. This tends to cause awkwardness between me and the raid leader, as people tend to think I'm simply refusing to do the rez. Not a huge deal, but something small I'd like to see.

I honestly have to say that I love it when my class gets a major change (do not read as buff/nerf). When dual-wield frost became big in 3.3, I was a very happy dk for weeks. When 2-h frost made a big comeback in 4.0, I could have cried with joy. If Blood DPS ever comes back, I will build a bronze statue of Ghostcrawler in my front yard (I can dream, can't I?)

Feeling like I have to go unholy. It's been awhile, but it does happen from time to time. Frost is good in pvp right now, so thats the best thing ever, but there are frequent patches where it isn't. I realize that's not usually intentional, but just watch out for it, okay?

I want it to be faster. The most fun I ever had with my class was in 4.0, when we all had ungodly amounts of haste. I could literally turn my sword into a blur, and I could barely keep up with my almost instant GCD. The faster, the better.

Now here's my big request. Deathknight Tier 1-6. I don't care if you just take old paladin tiers and recolor them (actually, that'd be pretty sick). I just want retroactive Deathknight tiers. Throw them on old bosses and say "have at it." If we got old tiers, I would swear eternal loyalty to Blizzard and sing epic tales of your greatness. And I'd like some variety. What'd make it even better is if some of this gear wasn't covered in skulls. Also, battle dresses are awesome.

Dark Simulcrum. Now, I love that spell to death. It's fun as hell seeing what new spells I can get with it. But, I usually forget to use it and when I do, I tend to get something stupid like Cleanse.
GCDs are a bit restricting in using abilities that you really need when you want to use them, especially things like Rune Strike (I only end up using it when everything else is on cooldown).

I think that quality of life issues in general need to be fixed for Blood Death Knight, and a lot of abilities just need to be adjusted. Blood DK is new as tank in Cataclysm, but I don't think the conversion was fully completed. Abilities like Bone Shield and Army of the Dead are just weak or not practical. Dancing Rune Weapon is not a cool blood talent to be at the bottom, and not enough of our abilities have anything to do with blood (Dancing Rune Weapon AND Bone Shield has nothing to do with it). I want things to feel a bit more bloody, maybe have a couple more tools, and a general smooth out on our abilities that just don't feel right. I wouldn't mind a graphic particle effect for Blood Shield, too...

Bone Shield - Press it once before a pull, and then I generally forget about it. The damage reduction isn't bad, but it only matters for four hits and using it during a fight is generally a bad idea because I want the runes for Death Strike.

Necrotic Strike - Was a cool idea, but doesn't seem to matter enough for the cost. It absorbs less than one heal in PVP, and it's something you can only use twice before you have to wait on it again. It doesn't do its job as a counter to healing, and you're just better off hoping to interrupt the healer rather than use this. Using it is also a huge cut to survivability because you can't use Death Strike.

Army of the Dead - Was a "cool" idea in WOTLK beta, but mostly useless now. If we have something like this, it should feel like it really matters and is important that we WANT to use it with its long cooldown (like Heroism), but that's just not how it is. It's dangerous, a low damage increase, long cooldown, and just in general, bad.

Runeforging - Not all of them, but some of them, are just worthless. Even the tanking one (Stoneskin Gargoyle) isn't used by a lot of Death Knights in favor of the parry one.

Festering Strike - Only good for unholy, I guess. Useless for Blood, at least.

Dancing Rune Weapon - Doesn't fit the theme of Blood Death Knight all. Minor tanking cooldown since we don't need the threat midfight (Runic Power cost), parry isn't bad. In general, it's a boring, lame ability.
-What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE (I hate pvp with a passion)

-If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

-What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
as for "quality of life" I personally think DKs are fine. no major complaints.

-What makes playing your class more fun?
AOE, i absolutely love pestilence. I wish there were more opportunities to flex my aoe muscle.

-What makes playing your class less fun?
The simple fact we are melee. What I mean is a lot of encounters are not melee friendly, and I am finding when I do raid I'm getting benched because there significant preference for ranged dps on a boss.

Also being rune/rp starved sucks

-How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)unholy is a little complicated at the moment.

-What’s on your wish list for your class?
more 'flavor' abilities (i miss corpse explosion).

revamping army of the dead. I love this ability in wrath, i love popping it and having my own undead horde. However today it's useless in 99% of the time. It's good to pop at the beginning of a fight but it's not worth it during.

-What spells do you use the least?
death grip, that's only because i am a dps

also 90% of all rune forges. Most of them are crap, and some of them a required and you have to use them or you're bad (fallen crusader)
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]Raids, heroic raids
If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]null
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. null
What makes playing your class more fun? Having a pet, the rune system works nicely for the most part (more on it below).
What makes playing your class less fun? A few annoying hindrances.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Unholy rotation is significantly more demanding than frost, but I have grown fond of it over the years.
What’s on your wish list for your class? I go into great detail on this below the Q&A
What spells do you use the least? Dark Simulacrum was a very cool idea, but sadly a big flop. As I'm sure you are aware, it is almost never used. Even in pvp, which seemed to be the greatest use for it. I am saddened by this, as I was looking forward for this ability being awesome. It's not.
Blood strike has no purpose anymore. It used to be a core ability for unholy, filling gaps in rotation. Blood tanks do not use it as there is heart strike. No spec uses it, the ability is worthless.

Switching to rapid spawning targets as unholy is completely screwy. I will use the cat adds in Domo as an example. Most guilds will have melee switch to the cat adds as they spawn.

The way unholy works, we get screwed no matter which way we decide to go about this. We could spend the vast majority of our runes spreading pestilence to the adds as they spawn, just to have our diseases tick a few times before they die. Or we could dry swing scourge strike, which, due to our mechanics, does very minimal damage without the diseases.

This makes us very poor for an entire 3 phases of the fight. Any fight with similar situations, we deal with the same problem. There are several ways you could fix this problem, and I'm sure the developers would know what to do best, and I'd be very surprised if they aren't already aware of the target switching issues Unholy has. Pestilence only goes so far.

I hope you seriously look into this situation.
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PVE

On this toon heroics

Nothing to complain about.

Army, being the way it is Love it. I'd fix it to make the ghouls = ur dps before the case= for the length of the cast. Since it can be a dps loss While your casting.

Taking away unique abilities. Bone shield is clunky

Great Wish blood had a few more mele abilities. Fault my be my own, but some abilities as blood i just never touch

Making Dk brez not count like the shaman Ankh OR make it function like the original raise ghoul from wotlk ----->IF the 1 Brez has already been used that fight! (I prefer the latter of the 2)

Give back Last Stand.

I dislike taking aboms might it doesn't feel rewarding enough as a self buff talent.

I liked the fresh cata BB graphic the complete Nerf went to far.

<span class="underline"/> <em/>
Dark simulacrum, Necrotic strike almost never use them
Blood strike
PvE. (tanking and frost dpsing)

Raids, old content raids and trying to avoid heroics at all cost.

As blood: starving a death strike during high damage periods of time and having plenty on low damage periods.
As frost: having up to 6s of downtime due to no RP/Rime procs (45% sometimes feels like 20%)/not refreshing runes with frost strikes. Also Killing Machine proccing 100x during that downtime and none while spamming obliterate =/

As blood: Amazing situational CDs and self healing intense.
As frost: good defensive CDs (specially AMS), nice big crits, and "OMG KILL KILL KILL" buttons (like ERW, pillar, ghoul... all at once :P).

Rune starvation. (and some weird bugs where the ability is "usable" but I got errors of "not enough runes" or "not enough runic power")
and, of course, one mistake as blood leads to "OMG HEAL HEAL HEAL" and one mistake as frost sometimes punishes you with "Please wait 5s and try again.".
But few things beat the anger I get when hitting "Pillar of Frost" and seeing myself on rune starvation after 1 obliterate.

As blood: no problems, everything run smooth and now with the DS damage buff it really hurts with max vengeance stack.
As frost: no big deals, other than the starvation.

I'd like to see some more DKs on the DPS logs. I think DKs are pretty balanced actually, but they seem weak when looking at logs and so.
I'd also like to see the 30s outbreak on 4.3. Wasting death strike runes on diseases doesn't feel right :D

Blood strike (thank god. hated it.)
Necrotic Strike
Blood Boil (Try to avoid it. Only do if Death and Decay is on CD)
Festering Strike
Hungering Cold (1.5s cast made it even less useful)
Frost presence (lol)
Dark Simulacrum (unfortunately)

PvE 90%
PvP 10%

Heroics 50%
Current Tier 10%
Previous Tier 20%
Achievements 20%

60% Alterac Valley for XP/leveling
20% Random BGs for break from heroics/questing
20% 2v2 arena just to earn conquest points

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• Feeling like we were given dual-wield tanking and agility polearms for extra mitigation to make up for the lack of a shield, and both of those were taken away without any compensation.

• Feeling like diseases are marginalized or ignored, when in Wrath all specs were able to keep them rolling and seeing much bigger numbers as a result.

• Missing being rewarded with big heals for damage WE did as opposed to being rewarded for getting nearly killed.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Dual-wield: like a plate-wearing rogue with diseases instead of poisons, an unstoppable killing machine.

• Iconic abilities like Death Grip and Army of the Dead

• Truly unmatched soloing capabilities

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Seeing a class-wide ability like dual-wield pigeonholed to a single subspec of a single tree.

• Iconic abilities we cant use: death grip immunity everywhere, army causing wipes leading to ban on it in raids because you can't right-click dismiss it

• Having three presences with no utility or function. You just stay Unholy always and press your "Righteous Fury" button when you need to tank.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I miss Wrath-era set-in-stone rotation for tanking. I found plenty of things to do with my attention and was never bored by it. Adding procs to do extra damage or provide extra defense would be a good improvement to a solid, steady basic rotation.

Having random chance give me a game of wack-a-mole that doesn't let me plan at least my next two moves in advance is very frustrating. I spend far too much time watching third-party addons try to summarize things that the original built-in interface was never designed to convey.

Get rid of overhealing on core class abilities like Death Strike. Don't force me to live in a constant state of 70% health just to avoid wasting my self-heal. Have Death Strike function like a mini-vampiric blood and raise my health pool in addition to gaining health (for the duraition of Blood Shield).

See my previous post on the topic that I feel explains how this would be a HUGE quality of life improvement for DKs while still retaining something unique and iconic.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en-us/forum/topic/3082252388

Revamp Dark Simulcrum to provide better use in both PvE and PvP: If no spell is captured, all the damage done by the target while Dark Simulcrum was active is immediately done back to the target. This gives it PvE function by letting skillful DKS "capture" periods of intense damage and throw them back at bosses, and it give it purpose against melee classes in PvP by forcing melee to make interesting gambles: do they keep attacking and try to kill the DK before Dark Simulcrum blows up in their face, or stop attacking until the debuff is gone.

• Plague Strike and Ice Touch. Gone from my bars.

• Blood Strike, never used outside the starting area.

• Festering Strike, could be AMAZING but rune cost makes it unusable.

• Raise Ghoul. Only used for Dark Pact heal and nothing else.
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] I focus on PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] I find myself doing Heroic dungeons.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? As blood, I find that playing Rune Tetris, as well as having very little way to measure incoming damage outside of addons annoying. As unholy, I have found macro-managing the ghoul to be little fun in terms of stun. Should I attempt to stun a target with my Ghoul, I find that he used claw instead of gnaw. As a DK period, I find that using RP for my interupt is troublesome.

What makes playing your class more fun? The very fast-paced dps of Unholy, as well as the thousand cooldowns DKs have.

What makes playing your class less fun? The reliance on the thousand cooldowns in order to do maximum dps.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? As unholy, I find that there is an excellent synergy between the rotation and Outbreak cooldown. However, during pulls where Outbreak isnt being used, I dislike having a spare Frost rune, for which I normally pop Blood Tap and use Festering Strike. As blood, I dislike having to estimate time which I can use second Blood Rune to keep up Blade Barrier, while having the first refresh a second later. I also dislike having to balance between Rune Strike usage and Runic Power for harder hitting Death Strikes. Compared to Unholy where I can dump all my Runic Power on Death Coil in a matter of seconds, I find not being able to use multiple back-to-back Rune strikes to be annoying. In addition, the RNG of Runic Empowerment can throw off my Death Strike usage rythm, if I cant get the other rune to proc up from full RP (I.E an unholy rune procs, but the Frost Rune remains closed)

What’s on your wish list for your class? A number of things on my wish list seem to be coming true, such as not worrying about manually refreshing Dieseases as Blood, not worrying as much about Rune Tetris as Blood, and, well, a number of other Blood Changes. However, I would like for Endless Winter to replace Nerves of Cold Steel, and Blood Caked Blade to replace Blade Barrier in thier respective talent trees. Also, a reduced cooldown for Unholy ghoul summon, and removal of rune cost for Army of the Dead, as the channeled time and possible add-messing is punishment enough, imo. Oh, and for Bone Shield to be renamed Blood Orbs, generate orbs of blood instead of whirling bones, and costing a Blood rune instead of an unholy rune to use. As a blood DK, my Frost/Unholy runes should be used only on Death Strike, with blood runes and Blood Tap being used for other abilities, such as DnD.

What spells do you use the least? Obliterate, as I am not frost.

Both.

Heroics and current raiding.

Arenas and hopefully Rated Battlegrounds soon.

Having to pay full prices for two one-handed weapons, because there's no off-hand weapons available to my class.

Being in control of staying alive moreso than other tanks as Blood and the speed of Frost.

Running out of Runic Power and have no runes available

I like it. Really have no complaints in this department. Removing the need for Blood Strike as Frost was my only need.

Like others have been saying, probably a 5% increased chance to hit without having to reforge valuable defensive stats. I know the Death Strike change is coming so that should help a lot.

My other wish is for Runic Empowerment to be more reliable. As it stands, my Frost spec is usually always waiting for runes to show up even though I'm keeping my RP to a minimum with Frost Strikes. I would expect it to bring back runes more often but I'm being kept waiting way more than I expect. There have been countless moments in PvP where I am only a few hits away from taking out that Discipline Priest, but I don't have the runes available to pull it off. This is around the time that the priest gets away and fills their health to 100% forcing me to start all over.

I don't use Festering Strike at all. Blood Strike has lost its usefulness as well unless I absolutely cannot use Heart Strike in some situations.
    •What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PVE

•If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics, Raids, Dailies

•If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/A

•What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    I am pretty content with how things are at the moment. The glyphs for minors are pretty much useless that I only glyph to get rid of the regent requirements.

•What makes playing your class more fun?
    The amount of varation in attacks. I love the fact that I have this wide range of abilities to use at any given time. Really feels like there is something to do all the time, and not just hitting the same button over and over again. Gives me much more of the feeling I used to get when playing my rogue back in beta and during release.

•What makes playing your class less fun?
    Having to wait for Healers or DPS that pass on a Blood DK tank regardless of how geared they are. It's all but killed my want to tank in PUGs. I runtinely get a healer who will zone in then drop due to being a DK Tank.

•How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Both Frost and Blood feel pretty good over all. There is a lot of flexablity in the Runes that come up that I don't feel starved for runes should something happen.

•What’s on your wish list for your class?
    New or upgraded Runic Weapon Enchants

•What spells do you use the least?
    Dark Similucrum (sp), The usage on this ability is really so narrow, that it barely works and when it does it's pretty useless. It feels like it was never really thought all the way through.
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    I do both, but pve takes priority.
    ■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    I enjoy running heroics especially since most have interesting mechanics. Raiding is one of the best experiances in WoW, so I really enjoy doing them, and the gear that drops is well worth the effort, although I would argue that the differance between gear ilvl in Wrath of the Lich King made the raid gear more worthwhile. I believe that to be a reason why we dont see as many pugs now-a-days. Although Im sure its also in part of the fact that we have this wonderful realID group system now. thanks a million for it. =)
    ■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    I do arenas with friends for conquest, and guild rep. I try to do RBGs for the awesome mount and titles, and reg BGs for fun and when I feel the alliance needs to be reminded who is the boss.
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters
    I would say lack of transmog gear, and as an overall problem not just Death Knights, is bag space, I like to keep my rainbow generator on me for pulling bosses, and other items that are just for fun, but even with a bank with the biggest bags and a backpack with biggest bags its hard to keep pvp gear, tank gear, dps gear, novelty gear (although void storage will greatly help), novelty items, food, mats and other profession all contained in the space were given. I realize that this is always being addressed but I would like to see a bigger solution than just larger bags, or owning a guild just for banking.
    .■What makes playing your class more fun?
    the rune system, two resources? brilliant, and it makes the class interesting. It isn't overly complicated, but its not so simple that anyone can learn a good rotation without practice. the differant pressences are also super nifty. Two class mounts is a fun feature, and a heavy lore behind our class is a key point. Any class that is rich in lore is worth playing. Darkrangers please?
    ■What makes playing your class less fun?
    The attitude that other classes have towards Death Knights, it seems like if you are a death knight you are always wrong or asumed to be an idiot, as if because the class hasnt been around since vanilla a death knight must be new to the game.
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    It always starts well, but in raiding when a death knight has to do something for a mechanic, like down adds before they become a problem, dropping a DnD can hurt our rune system, howling blast just isnt enough sometimes. I think the system could use a little tweaking, maybe up how fast runes and runic power are gained to a higher percent based on haste, more so than already.
    ■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Fist Weapons, Fist weapons, Fist weapons.
    tanking polearms.
    ability to have the more frost-flamed eyes that the old LK had, instead of the blue dots for eyes we have.
    A Crowd control. not just hungering cold, but a version of it that works for pve pulls.
    more gear for transmography.

■What spells do you use the least?
    blood boil, i miss the animation where the area around the dk boiled red.
    raise ally, not as good of a B-rez as I had hoped, but its better than the old bring them back as a ghoul thing, although that was cool to be rezzed as a ghoul it wasnt as cool as being B rezzed.
    thanks, hope this feedback was what you were looking for.
    Both
    Heroics
    Arenas and BGs
    I hate refreshing horn of winter every 3 minutes.
    I love the nature of blood strike as a tank
    Death knights aren't fun to play as unholy.
    How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) It's fine
    A stun.
    festering strike
    What type of content do you focus on?
    Both

If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Heroics/Raids/Soloing old content

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Arenas, BGs

For Unholy, the symbiosis of Outbreak and Festering strike is fantastic. Even Outbreak for all specs, but there has to be a loser, and sadly, for me, it's Blood.

As I'm far from being the most geared DPS in my guild (was Blood prior to 4.2 in a guild with 5 tanks as well as me) I often see myself as a support spec. My Unholy Frenzy ALWAYS goes on either a Rogue or Fury warrior before me and my Ebon Plaguebringer helps the casters in the very early stages of fights. I love the concept of support, but have not seen a real support class in this game since BC Surv and Spriest (if Blizz had kept that model I'd now be posting in the Hunter forums instead of DK)

The RNG factor can get a tad tedious. Hitting 3 (or more) Death Coils and not getting 1 Runic Corruption does hinder my DPS, and for no other reason than RNG.

I much prefer the Unholy rotation as it is now than prior to Wrath. More of a priority system than a set rotation which takes a lot of the monotony out of the equation.

Better target switching. Rets I have spoken to have expressed the same problem (although granted from my knowledge they do have a harder time of it). Ramp up time can be horrible if Outbreak is on cooldown (which it always is due to me having it macro'd with Synapse Springs).

Outside of Arena, AMZ. Compare it to PW:B or God Totem it does so little by comparison, which is understandable, being as I'm a DPS spec, and it would be contradictory to either buff it for me or give it to Blood (in which case you'd be hearing from Bloods that it would need to be buffed).

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• Mainly PvE with light knowledge on PvP.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Fairly hardcore 25 man raiding, currently Heroic Firelands.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Light amount of Arenas.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• On the PvE side of things, Raise Ally could use a glyph to increase the amount of health somebody is revived with. Currently my guild will not ask a Death Knight to use their BRez unless all Warlocks and Druids have exhausted theirs. While I like having the utility, having it be as weak as it is relative to other classes makes me want the old Raise Ally back.

As far as PvP goes, using your ghoul's Gnaw ability as Unholy is very clunky. Hunters and Warlocks both have stuns tied to their pets that have no resource cost and doing the same to the ghoul would be a great QoL change, especially when you consider the ghoul's resource is energy, and unlike a player the AI can't make on the spot decisions with how to use energy effectively.

One general Unholy issue I see is the gargoyle AI. It has its own aggro table and usually just attacks what it wants because of that.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• The rune system is fun and unique, I love effectively having 4 different resources to work with.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Diseases don't feel significant enough as far as their damage goes. In PvP Death Knights have a hard time surviving against melee trains.

As far as Frost goes, I much prefer 2H Frost to DW Frost, but the gap between the two specs is too large.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• The Frost rotation is fine, if just a little simplistic. Rime feels too insignificant for a proc as Howling Blast does about the same amount of damage as Frost Strike.

Unholy feels like a mess at times. The ramp-up on the ghoul feels a little too long, especially at the start of a fight (which is to be expected I suppose), and the spec feels a little too spammy due to Scourge Strike costing a single rune and being our main ability. It becomes especially bad when we get a streak of Runic Corruption procs and end up going through a feedback loop, generating resources faster than they can be spent and proccing RC even more.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• I would like to see Unholy weapon scaling improved for 4.3 more than anything else, to keep it from falling behind other melee specs that scale well with weapons. I would also like to see the ghoul and possibly gargoyle scaling with our crit rating like Hunter and Warlock pets do, as this would boost the value of crit and not make it such an abysmal stat for Unholy.

As mentioned above, adding a glyph of some kind to buff Raise Ally a little would be a nice utility buff when it comes to PvE.

Lastly, as far as PvP goes, I think making Blood Shield a baseline ability (only working in Blood Presence still) would help Death Knight survivability against melee while having no effect on survivability against casters. At its minimum heal, it would effectively be a 10.5% heal vs melee and a 7% heal vs casters.

• What spells do you use the least?

Blood Strike
    Dark Simulacrum (in PvE)
    I focus on primarily PvE.

I enjoly doing Heroics (but not Zul heroics, I like doing the previous generation of Cataclysm heroics much more). I also raid t11 and a bit of t12. I love doing old world raids as well. I also enjoy collecting old gear (thanks to you guys releasing the idea of transmog! I am SO excited about this!) I also enjoy seeing achievements flash by on my screen.

I probably should do more of this, but I’ve recently only done a few Wintergrasps and Tol Barads.

Arg, the runic power cost of using Raise Ally is so high. That’s so expensive and hard to get when one is tanking. And I know, I know, the tank shouldn’t BR in most cases, but sometimes we have no druid, warlock, or other DK. I’d just like to be able to have glyph to lower that cost. Our range is super low on this spell as well, and the low health for the Ally normally has them dead again anyway.

I really like our resource system. It’s different, it’s engaging. I like being able to be an active tank. I know we’ve got some issues, but my gosh, I really think playing a Death Knight tank is really fun. Ooh, Death Grip. Death Grip was the very best idea ever. Even though this is aesthetic, I love the /look and lore/ of our class. I’m a cute little pink pigtailed Gnome. I’m also a former Scourge member with glowing blue eyes. I just love it.
    I LOVE our self healing. I like being in charge of my own health to some degree. I like being fourth on heal meters in 10 mans when I am the tank. I like not being able to use the excuse “the healer let me die.” In five mans, on some bosses, if everyone dies, and we have patience, I will finish that boss. The power that has been given with us more than compensates for some of our problems. Please don’t take this away. We do have our checks and balances. Please keep our healing in.
    Despite the problems with choosing diseases or Death Strike, I love the flavor of diseases. No, no, not that way, ew. But it’s a fun mechanic, and it really plays into the lore.
    I love the idea of using Dancing Rune Weapon, and I use it often. How fun is it to be able to summon another weapon? Then cast Outbreak, then pestilence. Two diseases on everything? Yes please! I know this is probably looked down on in the tank community, but it’s so much FUN!

Having spikey damage sometimes is a little bothersome, although using Vampiric Blood seems to help this a lot . Also, choosing between Death Strike and applying diseases can be deadly sometimes. I thank you for the upcoming fixes to that, by the way.

I never feel rune starved in my tanking spec. I am still learning how to be an effective DK dpser, so I cannot give you a completely educated answer to that, but so far, so good. My tanking rotation is always engaging, although as a tank it’s not really a rotation, just what is appropriate for that given time. Although, choosing between putting my diseases up and using Death Strike has been an issue. I am glad this will be fixed with the 30 second outbreak. Good job on that choice!

I would really like to be able to have some crowd control for when I go DPS. It’s kind of frustrating to not have at least one cc or stun. I understand we’ve got two silences, but strangulate is never really easy to get off. Oh, and that ghoul stun, but I hear it’s kinda iffy. Also, I play frost, because I really enjoy the flavor since in Wrath I was nothing but a frost tank.
    I already know you guys are fixing our Blood Shield and Death Strike problems. This is so appreciated, and I have no idea how to vocalize (or type-alize?) that correctly. Thank you guys for really working to fix some of our problems.
    I know this won’t happen, but you said a ‘wish’ list: I want dual wield tanking back. That was awesome. I still like 2h tanking as well, just so you know!

Necrotic Strike
    Festering Strike
    Dark Simulacrum – I am a bit disappointed that I do not use this very much. It sounded like such a fun addition to our spell list, however, as a tank, I really don’t have much use for it at all.

Thank you for your time and patience with this wall of text. You guys have done a good job so far, and I am super excited to play with the changes done to Blood DKs in 4.3!