Class Feedback – Priest

Priest
Prev 1 6 7 8 68 Next
What type of content do you focus on?
PVE
If PvE, what type of PvE?
Raids-HM
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Making PoH a raid spell rather than party restricted. It’s a pain in the butt for certain fights to pester my Raid lead to organize people on my platform or side in one group. In tens it’s not so much of a deal since it is less people but in 25’s it is a huge deal when considering fights like Bethilac and the “top web” feature of the encounter. Players are in range however they won’t benefit from the heal due to Line of sight. I’d be perfectly fine with a nerf to the overall healing but as far as I know it is the only party restricted spell aside from healing stream totem left in the game.

Make barrier work like Circle of Healing in the way it centers itself on a target and drops. The biggest example of this is on Staghelm with his seed debuff’s random duration being extensively long and having to run out to avoid blowing people up while trying to pop PW:B on the group to protect them from the next cleave which could potentially wipe the raid.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Having lots of buttons variant to the situation. I like to worry about my mana while healing. I like to feel useful but more important I like to see the effects my spells make.
What makes playing your class less fun?
As disc I feel it's less fun when I have to move all over the place and lack tools to cope with the situation. Whether it be meteors, or following a kite tank I'd like to have at least some tool on a cooldown to allow me to cope with movement type mechanics. Not having to worry about mana. It typically takes away a huge factor in healing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
As disc, Bored. For single target my "rotation" is PWS->Penance->GH/FH. Tank healing I rarely ever have to worry about mana even throwing an additional few shields on the raid. For AoE it's even more boring. PWS->Prom->PoH->PoH with an occasional BH as needed to heal myself. I feel there aren't enough options regarding Disc aoe healing. Spamming one or two buttons to manage raid damage isn't really fun and arguably wasteful if PoH is being used to actually heal rather than prevent damage.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
More mobility for disc. What happened to penance while moving? Our current "mobility" spells feel underwhelming as holy nova, Prom, renew and PWS either have high mana costs, Cooldowns/limitations, or are simply just not enough healing to make it worth casting.

I would highly enjoy if Atonement were made equal to the bosses hit box. That would allow more AA/A spec's to gain usage on fights like Al'Akir and Ragnaros while keeping with the idea that atonement is "melee/tanks" only type heal.
I would -love- to have a more reliable way to regen mana. Shadowfiend and Hymn of hope are nice ideas however the fiend can be kited, and has "travel" time to get to the target. Hymn of hope requires us to be sitting ducks in raid environments that typically have a person running in and out for various mechanics or to keep in range of current healing assignments. For shadowfiend, if it could be turned into a dot effect on a target unable to miss or via divine accuracy glyph I think it would be a better return as there wouldn’t be “travel time” and regen would be reliable.

Lightwell : Allow it to be used in a macro. I've gotten better at training my raid to utilize it but it's still hard to click with so many effects going on especially during times of movement. I wouldn’t want it to turn into a totem like mechanic where it’s set and forget (however that’d be nice for hymn of hope!) but maybe making it more controllable by the priest like a pet would be the way to go. I’d like to have the option to move it around as situations change and fire randomly spawns around the LW making it unsafe to click.

Cooldowns : Divine hymn is a meh cooldown at best. As many have suggested with the tranq CD reduction DH could benefit from it as well. Another possible idea is to allow it to have a “spreading” aoe effect similar to the old Holy light glyph for paladins. It could heal one low health target and splash heal those around it for a lesser amount.

What spells do you use the least?
As disc : Holy nova, Heal, Renew, Leap of faith, Mind soothe, Shackle undead, Mind control, Cure disease, mana burn
As Holy : holy nova, Heal, PWS, Leap of faith, HW:Serenity, HW, Chastise(stun), Mind soothe, Shackle undead, mind control, Cure disease, Mana burn
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE solo questing and exploring mostly.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Dailies, but I find the over-reliance on them irritating as well as the time commitment. One hour of madatory dailies is no fun.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I'll admit, I like to join battlegrounds as discipline despite having no intention of healing.

For starters, ever since Cataclysm and the larger health pools, I am forced to stay in shadow spec for soloing. I hate shadow spec. I made a priest because I wanted a devout smiting adventurer. Now I'm forced to not only play as some kind of shadow-cloaked psion who plays completely differently than an actual holy or discipline priest, but I have to put up with being a shadow-based class when I specifically rolled a priest to be a holy warrior! As I always say, "If I wanted to play shadow, I would have rolled a warlock."
Basically, I think Discipline needs to be tuned to become an alternative DPS tree. Priests are the only class who are forced to play a completely different class in order to survive while questing. Please let priests play the solo game without embracing their shadowy, psychic power side.
Second, I'd love to be able to hold a sword someday.

Being a holy warrior who uses discipline and faith to deflect damage, heal, and smite the wicked. Also, for some reason, I really like hitting buttons. I actually find rogues and feral druids fun to play cause I get to hit that button over and over as fast as I can.

Being forced to play shadow, where my rotation becomes completely different and I suddenly have a channeled spell as my main ability. Never getting to use discipline unless I'm healing a group. Having to play with my stupid druid friend who insist on healing and forcing me to shadow up even when I'm in a dungeon. :(

I find Discipline's rotation to be quite fun. I hate shadow. I don't like DOTs and channelling spells. The exception of course, being penance, since that goes pew-pew-pew instead of whrrrrrmmmmm. I like watching holy missiles hit things and make flashy lights. I've always approved of the shield-then-unload-spells method of attacking.

I wish to someday be a discipline priest again. I wish to maybe hold a sword, even if it's just for show. I wish for good looking robes with lots of white and gold. Maybe red ones too. And more pretty hats like the leveling gear for Cataclysm. Those are really nice looking.

Mind control. Mind Soothe, although I use that sometimes when gathering.
PvE, some PvP

Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP?
BGs

Mastery can be a bit too random at times. For the most part, the Mind Blast part of Shadow Orbs is fine, but going 30 seconds in a boss fight without proccing a single Orb is a huge DPS loss, through no fault of my own. I like to be a bit more in control of things, rather than letting the RNG determine where my DPS might be for a fight. When using a Mind Spike x3 > Mind Blast rotation for shorter trash pulls, I find Mastery to be completely useless, as there's no way to proc an Orb. This is less of an issue in PvP, where I get an Orb every time I take a crit, but that happens rather rarely in PvE situatuions. There's also quite a bit of ramp-up time in a standard DoT rotation before getting to max DPS potential with Dark Evangelism and Shadow Orbs. Having an ability on a 1-2 minute cooldown that instantly gives me 1 Shadow Orb would be a great addition.

Versatility. I can hold my DoTs on one target, and switch to an add with MS/MB, then switch back with little DPS loss, I have a nice amount of passive group healing through Vampiric Embrace, and I can drop Shadowform for some emergency heals if needed (Obviously not an ideal situation if that's needed).

Lack of mobility at times, some survivability issues in PvP, vulnerability to spell lockouts. Most times in raids, I don't need to move very much, and I don't lose a huge amount of DPS from having to get out of the fire, but in PvP situations, I'm primarily casting MS/MB, so I'm pretty much a shadow turret. Some of this is alleviated with Paralysis, but that can be pretty situational. Mind Spike somewhat helps with the spell lockout issue, but only if I'm casting something else when I get interrupted.

I'm pretty comfortable with the rotation, however I do see a lot of newer Shadow Priests having issues trying to figure it out. It has a bit of a high learning curve.

A less RNG-based Mastery that doesn't require as many buttons to work would take the Number 1 spot. Another ranged AOE ability could be nice, something that doesn't require a target to function.

PvE, Mana Burn. Very few uses for it in PvE, but more usefull in PvP. For PvP, DoTs, only because of spec choice.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics, and raid pugs (t11)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Everytime i shadow fiend I usually have to dot up the target with SW:P
its a bit annoying

■What makes playing your class more fun?
Penance! and bubbles are nice, quick and effective. single target heals are more fun

■What makes playing your class less fun?
The speed of my heals
Heal and GH are so slow :(

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Feels fine, definately fun, I mainly stick with a couple heals though, some are ineffective and inefficent

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
A real speed boost for Disc priests, (can be a CD), a tier set with wings. a class ability where you could fly, like an angel

■What spells do you use the least?
HolyNova, binding heal, cure disease, shackle undead ,renew
As a holy priest:

PvE

Heroics, aiming to get into raiding.

When I do PvP, I prefer arenas and BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

An improved look for Shadowform would be interesting to see.

Thinking, planning, and strategizing. I love the chakra states for holy, and being able to switch between single-target and AoE healing is tons of fun.

I also like little things- moves like Leap of Faith and talents like "Body and Soul" that are fun, and also functional in situational fights.

I feel like our mana pools are pretty measly. After spending a lot of Justice Points on gear, I'm finally at 76k unbuffed. It feels like improving it is a real struggle.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Overall holy's a lot of fun. Although, I've found I skip Heal and jump between Flash Heal and Greater Heal a lot for single targets. It just doesn't seem to heal enough to justify the length of the cast.

Definitely a better Hymn of Hope. While it's great that we can help others mana up in a fight, in most 5-mans it feels like I'm the only one who ever seems to need it. For the amount of mana I usually get for it, 6 minutes feels like a harsh cooldown- especially if compared to Shadowfiend.

Holy Nova. Don't even know why it's in our spellbooks.
Both

Raids

BGs, Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Constant re-speccing. In my casual raiding guild, we sometimes need an extra DPS and we sometimes need an extra healer. I also like to PvP. This requires me to respec 5 times per week in order to be competitive at all 3 roles. A third spec (or PvP-only spec) would make me play WoW more, and drop my subscription to Rift.

Leap of Faith is a fun ability.

Constant re-speccing in order to raid and PvP effectively. My guild needs me to sometimes DPS and sometimes heal in raids. If I also want to PvP, I have to respec/reglyph/resetup my action bars 5 times per week. It stinks bigtime.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Good.

Tri-spec.

Mind Focus. Not a bad ability, but it just is not used much.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
- Shadow PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
- Occaisionally Heroics, Very rarely raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
- Arenas, BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
- Not being able to get distance from melee to do damage that matters. Vampiric Embrace does not heal for enough. While i am able to switch out and heal myself, I can compete with the healing done by a rogue or blood DK, however, they can still do damage while healing themselves, whereas i'm put on the defensive and can only heal and not do damage. Have had it happen multiple times where rogues and dks will outheal my heals until i'm left manaless.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
- Mind Control
- Damage would be okay if i could stay alive
- Ability to help others survive (leap of faith, bubble, fear)

■What makes playing your class less fun?
- Constantly focused because of our lack to get away from melee

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
- Excellent

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
- More healing from Vampiric Embrace to compete with classes that can heal themselves while doing sufficient damage. As stated, the only time i can keep up with another classes heals if i'm casting flash heal, greater heal, which depletes my damage output.
- Shorter cast time of Mind Control. Other classes cast their crowd control faster than me and will see me casting, but beat me to it.
- If the previously mentioned cant be done, then some other way to create distance from melee.

■What spells do you use the least?
- Mind Vision
- Mind Soothe

PvE - Shadow Priest.

Raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP?

N/A

Shadow Orb RNG, Shadow Word: Death being too restrictive. Nothing to do while moving except spamming Devouring Plague.

Our rotation, Dispersion, and multi-dotting!

Not procing a shadow orb during the first 30 seconds of a pull, being unable to use Shadow Word: Death due to recoil on a majority of fights this tier.

Shadow Orb RNG aside I enjoy our rotation.

A fix to Shadow Orb RNG! Perhaps a cooldown? Something to cast while moving.

Mind Vision
Mind Soothe

PVE

Heroic Raiding

The absolute uselessness of wands only being stat sticks. The randomness of shadow orbs.

Leap of Faith, hybrid roles, DPS healing as disc, Strategically using dispersion to easily survive certain mechanics.

Not having a Soul Swap type of ability. Lack of efficient cooldowns for Holy, not being able to interrupt abilities, Shadow orb randomness.

Shadow: Absolutely fine unless you need to multidot. Would like to see more Mindspike currently only useful if you need to burn some real fast with little HP. Shadow Orbs needs to be more consistent.

An interrupt, soul swap type of ability, Another reliable CD for holy.

Holy Nova, Mana Burn, Mind Control, Shackle Undead, Mind Soothe, Fear Ward, Mass Dispel, Mind Vision
Primarily PvE

25m Heroic raids

Very few; all the buffs I have to cast every time I respawn/get rezzed as shadow in particular get old. Inner Fire, Vampiric Embrace, Fort, Shadow Prot, Fear Ward, Renew to heal health from fort, then Shadowform every single time. VE especially is an always-on, undispellable buff that I'm not sure why is still a buff.

A great selection of damage spells balanced between dots and nukes, a great selection of healing spells for both specs, plenty of fun spells like Levitate, Mind Vision, and Mind Soothe.

No escape mechanisms; fear is near worthless nowadays and breaks instantly with a long cooldown. Holy is comparable to Disc in output but their cooldowns are nowhere near comparable; GS and Pain Sup are similar, but Holy has no comparison for Barrier, which is an extremely important spell in many, many boss fights.

Shadow feels great. Long streaks of no shadow orbs is a minor gripe but not a huge deal.

A real raid cooldown for Holy comparable to Power Word: Barrier in strength.

I don't think I've ever cast Inner Will. Not once. Completely and totally pointless spell. Holy Nova has no niche -- expensive, weak healing, weak damage. Divine Hymn is weaker than the spells you can cast during the channel and has a ridiculously long cooldown.
PvE Heals

Raids (Firelands)

Rated BGs

N/A

Having a lot of tools, like Leap of Faith and Body and Soul.

I cant heal while moving (not efficiently anyways)
That even spending 5 talents and 1 glyph renew is still useless

I love it

- Heal While Moving Please!
- Make Renew Useful -.- Change its mechanic so its something a fast ticking HoT
- Make tools like Body and Soul cheaper to use and available for Disc Priests too

Renew,
I want to quickly point out that you will see that people are very happy with Priests in general (especially Disc). One thing I think we all hope for is that you don't go and ruin it, lol. Tweak what needs tweaking as far as numbers. There are some good suggestions here as well. But overall, we like the playstyles of all 3 Priest specs. If anything, use this class as a good example of how to work other classes. What's interesting is that we're the ONLY class to have 2 different healing specs, yet people love them both. It seems people are pretty happy with Shadow too.

Just please don't go and change anything too drastically (IE: We don't need Holy Power or any strange new mechanic. Some other Classes may, however). But we'd all love it if Divine Hymn became less annoying to use, at least in some way.
Mainly PvP.

N/A

All

Only one thing I can really think of here but it's nothing extremely major. Having to recast Power Word: Fortitude, Prayer of Shadow Protection, and Inner Fire/Will after every death in a BG/RBG. It's not a big deal in a BG, but time is extremely precious in an RBG.

Paralysis. Awesome, fun talent in PvP.. Needs more ways of being triggered aside from Mind Spike / RNG.

Being the only caster without a snare/root (Chilled, Frozen / Entangling Roots, Typhoon Daze / Curse of Exhaustion (Don't Warlocks have other snares? I forget) / Earthbind Totem, Earthgrab Totem). Not only that, but a lack of a "teleport" or escape mechanism of some kind (Blink, Cheetah Form, Demonic Portal, Ghostwolf) as well. Lastly, we don't have any instant cast DPS aside from Devouring Plague spam which is mana inefficient and terrible damage to begin with. Do you see the massive contrast between Frost Mages and Shadow Priests here? One has incredible CC, snares, and roots and can cast if they wish but they have an awesome instant cast spell called Ice Lance. Priests on the other hand have no way to "give themselves casting time" nor do they have any instant casts. You should have "one or the other", but in this case one class has both and the other class has neither.

Far, far too RNG simply because of Shadow Orbs. Sometime I can get 3 Orbs from one Mind Flay, and other times I can go 5-6 casts of Mind Flay without a single Orb. I thought Blizzard had tried to eliminate classes being so RNG reliant back in the day? (Hence the removal of "Blackout" back in the day from Shadow Priests, except that now Paralysis is, more or less, a weaker version of it.)

To not be a giant purple target for melee to come up and tear to tiny purple shreds. Give me a snare or an instant cast, or for the love of God make Vampiric Embrace not suck so that if I am forced to kite these melee all day long that I have some reliable healing. The "hybrid tax" of the past is gone. In its place we have a new "hybrid tax". DPS spec'd hybrids have far worse healing/survival (Ret Paladins, Shadow Priests, Enhancement Shamans) than a pure class (look at the healing that classes like Mage, Warrior, and Rogue do.)

This kind of goes back to the last part of the post. Although I always use Vampric Embrace, I honestly don't think it would be noticed if I didn't. It's like.. 300 healing or something every 3 seconds on a healthpool of 130k? That's just completely useless.
PVE DPS mostly but I do dabble in PVP from time to time.

25Man Heroic Raids

BGs/Rated Bgs now...

From biggest to smallest:

-the biggest one would be please let MF have 100% chance to refresh SWP instead of 60%

-I would really like to see silence have its pre-reqs removed (even if it were moved to something like psychic horror)... I think for our free points picking up an Interrupt is more valuable than a disarm outside of pvp.

-I would echo the setiments about wands serving the exact same purpose as relics. Haven't used one since leveling in Vanilla.

-It might be nice to have Fort and Shadow prot tied into 1 spell to reduce the number of spells we need on our bar.

Leap of Faith/Shadow fiends/Shadowy Apparitions

the multi dot nerf. I realize it was overpowered but I feel it went a bit to far. Accurately maintaining multiple dots on 2+ targets was very very difficult but also very rewarding if you could do it right. I am happy with the big numbers i see out of MB now but it still feels a little more blended with other casters than it did before.

Good its relatively smooth and warnings like the built in 'archangel cd is up' is nice. Would like to see the same for manafiend. Only complaint is SWP not having a 100% chance to be refreshed by MF.

If I had to give an answer i would say...

-bigger reward from multi dot targets.
-100% SWP refresh by MF
-shadowy apparitions are more friendly with dmg meters
-more than anything though please don't nerf us I am happy how we play now in pve, and where we sit now. If I had the option between changing everything i had listed and no nerfs i would pick no nerfs every time.

Mind Soothe (maybe skipping trash to get around old instances)
Mind Vision (it was cool when range became essentially infinite but havent used it since)
Wand (yah i know its a weapon but you have to cast to use it ;)
Inner Will (even in PVP i don't think its enough of a speed boost/mana cost reduction to warrant losing 531 sp)
Holy Priest Here!!!

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both... mostly PvE Though

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids with some heroics thrown in

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arenas and Bgs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. The mana requirement on new priests in Heroics... it was very frustrating gearing up my priest in heroics even though I had full 333 gear. Once I got some 346 pieces it was a lot easier to heal heroics, but up till then it was maddening at points.

What makes playing your class more fun? I love the diversity of our spells! And that I can switch between holy and disc and they feel very different.

What makes playing your class less fun? The gear aspect, it feels great being super geared but until then I feel much less mana efficient than other healers

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Don't really have one

What’s on your wish list for your class? Nothing really, I love the holy playstyle at the moment! I hated it back when it was all CoH spam.

What spells do you use the least? I barely use Divine Hymn. I also think shackle should be expanded to other types of creatures.
PvE

Heroics and casual Raiding

I'm working on starting a PvP set since my guild wants to do RBGs, but really haven't done much PvP at all.

Holy: lack of a significant raid CD
Disc: shortage of talents, so having to choose and constantly respec for different fights and feeling punished for choosing the more "fun" AA/A build to be able to tank-heal effectively
Shadow: lack of interrupts without having to spend needed DPS talents to get Silence
all3: I would trade almost anything in my arsenal to be able to have a 3rd spec available. I can pretty quickly go from Holy to Disc, but having to redo my bars from Shadow is too time-consuming to keep dual-healing builds and still be able to step into a DPS role for soloing and when we 2heal content. So when I need to switch my healing build (which as a Priest I feel I have to do more often to max potential on some fights), I have to hearth while my group waits.

I don't see how you could ever be bored playing a Priest unless you really wanted to tank or melee (and that's what alts are for, hehe.) There are SO many options available with the dual-healing trees...even if it feels like more since Disc is essentially 2-3 specs in one tree..and the great DPS I can bring to the table when needed. Shadow is engaging and keeps me on my toes watching for procs and orbs; Holy is fast, reactive and situationally powerful; Disc is powerful tank and proactive healing with a fun alternate spec.

Risking being redundant: AADisc is FUN..but my healing team needs me on tankheals usually and it's just not as viable then. Usually if I can go AADisc, I'm better serving my group going Holy or Shadow :( So I guess the biggest draw to my class (options, options, and more options!) is also the drawback because I always feel like I have to lose something valuable to gain something I need. But..that may have been the entire point of the Cata talent changes and if so, I don't think it could've been done more effectively than it was with Priests, even if it pinches sometimes.
Hymn of Hope forcing a long channel when it may not even hit me is annoying. My other healers giggle, but for me it's not quite as amusing.
Also..wands pretty much = relics now. I don't miss the days of wanding being more viable DPS than some spells, but it does feel like a wasted slot these days.

Holy: I really enjoy the Chakra mechanic even though some others seem not to. I like being able to conserve my mana and then blow it on burst AoE as needed.
Disc: Utilizing all the mini-CDs is a fun way to keep from getting tunnel-visioned and "awake". PoH-spam for AoE is boring, but usually if there's alot of that, I'm Holy anyways (minus Beth Ph2 when really I'm tankhealing too and the crazy balance of OMGnoonedieOMG is anything but boring.)
Shadow: As I said earlier, I really enjoy the Shadow rotation. I think it's engaging and fun and "just" RNG enough to not be a mindless sequence without being overly punishing if you miss an orb. I've heard people talk about going forever orbless, but I guess I've just been lucky enough to not have encountered really long stretches.

I think I said everything on this earlier, but basically a 3rd available spec (trispec..and I understand why you're against it, but I already spec-change as needed and anyone else who can play all aspects of their class well probably does too, so it's not going to make the specs less meaningful for those of us who do it already) and a viable raid CD for Holy~I'm not asking for Tranq or anything overpowered, but Divine Hymn is an HPS loss over regular healing and an 8minute "let me regen and think about what's next" CD isn't very helpful.

Holy Nova. I don't miss having to drop Shadowform to cast a Holy spell for AoE but I seriously hit Mind Soothe more than Holy Nova now (why am I the only Priest I know with that on my bars..it's a group-wide Fade for annoying trash packs you want to skip to get to the next boss.) It definitely shouldn't rival CoH for instant group heals on the move, but it shouldn't be as awful as it is. Maybe a Disc passive making it less weak?
Both.

Normal Firelands, ZA/ZG rarely.

Arenas and normal BGs

As disc in firelands raids, currently, I don't see AA/Atonement spec as a viable option for most fights. But I don't see how it could be buffed without making it *too* good. Being forced into PW:S spamming seems a bit of a bummer, and Holy is probably lacking for most fights bar Majordomo. Divine Hymn seems a bit low compared to the druids' channeled aoe spell. I know they are different classes, but Tranquillity heals more than double the amount, yet it has a shorter cooldown. Often you can only get 1 Divine Hymn per fight, to a druids 2.

In PvP Deathknights seem to be the bane of disc priests, PW:S being our mitigation spell doesn't do a lot whilst both DK specs can keep stacking necrotic strike on us which doesn't affect absorbs.

Leap of Faith is a pretty cool spell. I just enjoy healing on priests more than druids this expansion.

Nothing really makes priests less fun in PvE. But in PvP the fact that priests are commonly trained to the ground in 9/10 situations by melee. And the change to offensive dispel only removing 1 magical effect instead of 2 is kind of off-putting.

Disc in pve is commonly bubble spam, but other than said situations it feels pretty much fine.

A buff or change to Divine Hymn (See quality of life). And Holy Nova having a place in more situations, and I want the old aimation for DA back!

Holy Nova is the only thing I hardly ever use.

Both

Raids

Arena mostly, some RBGs.

None really. Death Knights in PvP. Ew.

I really enjoy the two healing specs.

Holy just feels like a watered down version of Disc. With no raid cooldown such as Power Word: Barrier, you're basically living off of a solid Holy Word: Serenity for your "damage mitigation".

I love it for Holy, I don't mind it for Discipline.

A better mastery for Discipline, more flavorful or whatever. Stacking Mastery should at least be an option, but you have to put so much into it, and hardly get anything out of it.

A way to deal with Necrotic Strike stacks (PvP vs Death Knight). It's a general consensus that it's near impossible for a Priest to live through a DK for long.

Increase the range for the bounce on Prayer of Mending.

Reduce cooldown on Lightwell, or make heals more potent. It doesn't seem to scale... At all. While amazing for BWD/BoT raids, Lightwell feels nearly useless in Firelands.

PvE:
Shackle Undead, Holy Nova, Mind Vision (lol)

PvP:
Greater Heal, Smite
Both

Raids - started this tier

Arenas - 2600 experience

As a shadow priest, one of the biggest quality of life changes that could be made is to allow Leap of Faith to be used without leaving shadowform. It would be a great change for both PVE and PVP. I know some shadowpriests in PVE are reluctant to use Leap of Faith because it wastes a GCD going back into shadowform. In PVP, it would be a nice change because in some situations, you dont need to heal your partner (usually healer that you grip), you just need to get him out of a bad spot -- staying in shadowform to keep putting out pressure would be a nice quality of life change.

The utility that we have - being able to sacrifice our mana in order to heal our teammates in 3s. In PVE, having the ability to offheal / toss shields, prayer of mending, renews on the move.

What makes playing your class less fun? Necrotic Strike, Curse of Tongues, Mind Numbing poison

I feel like Dark Evangelism and Empowered Shadows is a bit redundant. Having to get 5 stacks of Dark Evangelism then hope you got an orb to get ES is kinda annoying. For example, at the beginning of a fight, a spriest's opener (dps wise) can be very good or very bad - depending on if you had good RNG or bad RNG. Heres an example -- on heroic Baleroc, we pop heroism a few seconds into the fight -- if I have bad RNG, it is possible that during all my ICDs (volcano, power torrent) that I don't get a single orb to get empowered shadows up before the buffs expire -- this decreases dps dramatically. I AM NOT ASKING FOR ANY DPS BUFFS!! Just a more reliable way to get an orb up on demand. Perhaps a 2 minute cooldown ability that will give u a shadow orb?
What’s on your wish list for your class? Like I said, a 2 minute cooldown ability to give you a shadow orb. Also,

As Shadow in PVE - holy nova. It is at least somewhat useful in PVP, but in PVE I really see no use for it.