Class Feedback – Shaman

Shaman
Prev 1 4 5 6 76 Next

• What type of content do you focus on?
    PVE (Primarily Enhancement)

• If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Heroics, Raids (working on Firelands 25 heroics at the moment)

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    First, short-duration totems (having to re-drop Searing Totem whenever I change targets, or once per minute when the duration expires). I like the flavor of having totems, but it would be better if they weren't quite so clunky. For elemental totems and searing totem, I'd like to see their AI much better. Some ability to have them lock on a target or change targets with you (and the ability to change that, like a pet UI) would help.

Second, clunky AoE. The change to Call of Flame helped, but only on AoE fights where the creatures will live for more than 30 seconds or so. On trash, it basically had little effect. The scaling potential from the change is astronomical, however (see pre-nerf Firelands shaman solo-farming 5+ packs of trash and killing them with only infinite scaling flame-shock/fire-nova). Shaman need a more consistently-scaling AoE.

Third, enhancement weapons are very hard to find. Allow us more options (add Swords to the usable list) or stop itemizing Agility swords and replace them with Axes in all cases so more viable options can be found on various bosses.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
    I *love* the enhancement shaman playstyle. The rotation fits my preferred playstyle perfectly. It is the perfect balance of "rotation" and priority (for me).

• What makes playing your class less fun?
    First, Target-switching. There is a very long ramp-up time on enhancement DPS. I start out last on DPS on a boss, but as time goes on I slowly climb the charts and pass first the front-loaded DPSers and then the others. A couple minutes into the fight, I am near the top, finally. If I've had to repeatedly switch targets, then each time I'm having to build up a fresh stack of Searing Flames, get up a new Flame Shock (after I've Unleashed Elements), etc. Our best ability (Lava Lash) depends heavily on those Searing Flame stacks (especially with 2-pc T12) and it really hurts our DPS to switch targets.

Second, lack of cooldowns. Enhancement has no DPS cooldowns except for Feral Spirits. This means we lag behind when burst is needed, and also lag behind during big raid cooldowns like Bloodlust.

Third, poor secondary-stat scaling. Our Mastery scaling is so-so. Crit and Haste scalling is terrible. Other melee classes have two viable secondary-stat choices. Our crit-scaling could be very easily increased by simply allowing our spells to crit at 100% as a factor of choosing Enhancement spec.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I love the enhancement rotation. The only thing I could see is to add a different single-target Maelstrom Weapon option (maybe sometimes proc a Lava Burst instead of a Lightning Bolt)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
    For Enhancement:
    1) Better scaling on secondary stats (crit or haste), and
    2) the option to choose between dual-wielding and using a two-hander (this is purely a flavor thing, but flavor is what makes me play a class/spec).

For Shaman in general,
    1) better totem AI.
    2) the ability to tank, either as a side-spec to enhancement (see: cat/bear) or as a fourth talent tree. Enhancement tree had some of the best tanking talents in vanilla (yes, I'm aware of the vast requests for fourth trees and the implications, but this is a Wish List)

• What spells do you use the least?
    As enhancement, Lava Burst never gets used. Add it as a rare proc option to Maelstrom Weapon

As Resto or Ele, Unleash Elements is used infrequently.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
raids mainly.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
all 3 types

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Totems, i think they die to easy for the amount of mana that they cost in pvp, and it's quite a big dps loss if a mob kills your fire elemental totem on a boss fight(it happend to me on nef when my totem was the only thing in range of a rooted add)
Totem range
the AI on some of the totems
searing totem having to be recast a lot
earthquake lacks a lot of stuff i don't even think it is worth taking as elemental
farther chain heal jumps i am finding that in more and more content that gets made we have to spread out farther apart and druids always out perform because wild growth doesn't have the same kind of range restrictions as chain heal.

What makes playing your class more fun?
seeing tons of numbers from having people stacked in healing rain and chain healing the raid
the fact that in order to top meters as resto or come really close you have to try harder than a lot of other classes.
wind shear

What makes playing your class less fun?
buffs that we give being available by anybody, mainly bloodlust being given to mages and not being usable in arena anymore

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
rotations i feel are fine only one i'm not to crazy about is the enhance one because you actually have to hard cast a spell usually if you are playing a melee spec it's because you want to hit them with stuff you don't want to have to cast

What’s on your wish list for your class?
some sort of defensive cd for elemental without having to glyph for it
maybe make shamanistic rage baseline
earthquake being better
farther chain heal jumps to make it compete with wild growth
old Windfury totem back.
wolfs scaling better
enhance scaling better
lower grounding totem cooldown back to 13 seconds

What spells do you use the least?
earthquake, i don't even take it in my specs
unleash elements as elemental i use it on cd for resto and enhance
far sight since i can't use the /cast !Far Sight macro anymore

Both

Raids
Arenas/Rateds

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo
could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Earthquake is a useless spell and therefore a wasted 31 pt talent for the spec. Remove the essentially permanent fire ele from 2pt12 and make that our 31pt talent and include a functional pet bar/AI along with it. 2pt12 will never be broken by any shaman at this point and is a requirement to pull any kind of competitive numbers.

Flexibility and casting while moving

Managing fire ele around volcano deck proc and potion as well as the reliance on a tier set bonus and the lack of a valid 31pt talent.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
The rotation is fine do not change it in anyway.

New 31pt, Fire elemental is now a pet and as such gets its own bar and better AI. (Do not nerf it in the process of making it a permanent fire elemental, this is the only thing making us competitive right now.)

Earthquake
Unleash Weapon in PvE
-PvE.

-Normal Firelands has been my focus since the patch was launched.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
-As Elemental, even with my set bonus making my Fire Elemental easier to move around and keep up, I often find it not acting intelligently or attacking the proper target.
-Another Elemental issue is that often times when casting Lava Burst, the Lava Surge proc will come up mid-cast and be wasted.

-The ability to cast lightning bolt while moving is great fun and makes mobility so much less of a pain during boss fights.

-Having to recast totems when I move around gets annoying, but the multicast button makes it much less of an issue than it used to be.

-I like the Elemental rotation the way it is. It's relatively simple compared to some of the other classes, but I'm okay with that.

-I would really love to have a damage reduction cooldown that is independent from Elemental Mastery (or at least one that doesn't require a glyph).

-Since the advent of mobile lightning bolt, I have not used Unleash Elements as elemental at all.
*What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE.

*If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Heroics and 10m normal raids.

*What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Elemental totems' AI.
Totems that are meant to be up all the time, but have a short duration (searing).
Short duration (relative to some other classes self buffs) of shields and weapon enchants.

*What makes playing your class more fun?
I love the flow of shaman healing and the way the spells interact with each other. We have just enough spells that each feels unique and I get to make a choice to use each one.

*What makes playing your class less fun?
Large numbers of encounters where we can't use some of our iconic AoE spells effectively (Chain heal RIP).
In 5 mans in particular, not being able to cleanse poisons.

*How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I love it right now, even refreshing water shield!

*What’s on your wish list for your class?
A pet bar for the elemental totems.
A totem thrower. It wouldn't need to work with all totems, just a few, maybe one of each element. Earthbind for kiting, Magma for ranged aoe, Spirit Link for saving the tank without needing to run into melee, etc. A spell where we click it, and marquee lights appear around eligible totems that we can then select and use a targeting reticule.
Mana Tide to feel like more than a trickle. I'm not asking for pre-nerf mana returns, just something a little more balanced, so I can tell when I click it.

*What spells do you use the least?
Far Sight, I used it when I first got it, then never again.
Any water totem besides healing stream. And honestly most of the totems that aren't set to my default set.
Healing Surge. I don't even have it bound right now, I always found myself preferring to cast something else.
PVE

10 man raids as a Resto

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
-Refreshing water shield
-Healing range limitations (chain heal, spirit link totem)

-tidal waves
-instant ghost wolf
-windshear
-totem management
-purge

-Range limitations (healing and totem buff)
-A mage's time warp, we're not special anymore

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Not really a defined rotation, but using riptide consistently is a necessity. The tidal waves triggered from it along with set bonuses make it a must cast on CD. I feel with the tidal wave procs, a shaman has more ability to quicken up his cast time more than any other healing class.

-Range increased for chain heal
-Range increased for spirit link totem
-Range increased for totem buffs. Totems like stoneskin and healing stream totem glyphed typically only affect half the raid at times for fights like Shannox, Ragnaros, and Alysrazor.
-Water shield glyph similar to lightning shield glyph
-Better usability of mana spring totem. For a resto, healing stream totem will trump it every time. Without might from a pally or an afflic lock (that happens to be in range) the raid is SOL.
-Would love to see a water elemental totem similar to guardian of ancient kings
-Please bring back tidal force. Coupled with nature's swiftness and greater healing wave, it'll be a more reliable "semi-lay on hands"

-Healiing surge
-Elemental Resist Totem (what's the point with the glyph?)
-Mana Spring Totem
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Casual 10 man raiding.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids, heroics dungeons.
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Watershield charges. It would be interesting to see a similar change to what happened to LS. Can't go below 3, but crits or whatever increase charges, which can be spent (maybe tied tounlease elements?)

Replacing totems. You made matter count, but it sucks to have to burn a gcd and mana to replace totems. I'm also willing to admit that, with the default ui, sometimes it's easy to forget when to replace them. Custom UIs help me remember.

getting a 3rd tidal wave proc would be a great QoL issue resolved, but might be over powered.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
healing rotations that encourage good (mana-usagewise) play. Going RT >GHW >GHW feels right and fun.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
Spending time casting heals that become innefective (Healing Surge, chain heal) when dealing with modifiers or range issues. Forcing people to group up in 10 mans to feel "effective" and still being at the bottom of meters, which honestly don't really matter.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
ES, RT, GHW, GHW is nice.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
Throwable totems.
An in game buff shower, which would list all of the buffs available by class in your group, so you know what totems to pick automatically.
a better totem ui, but mods take care of this pretty handly.
Bigger chain heal range.

■What spells do you use the least?

Unleash elements, Healing surge, Spirit walk.
Mostly PvE these days.

Heroics and some raiding.

Mostly Tol Barad when I do PvP. I used to do arenas.

Mana regeneration. I just don't feel like it's sufficient most of the time in raids, even after reforging everything to spirit and crit. It could be because perhaps I'm usually picking up the slack of other healers—usually I'm healing a pretty significant amount more than others—but I just can't hold out as long as others, especially if the raid doesn't have Replenishment.

I love the "flow" and feeling of shaman healing.

I'm far less effective on fights where the group is spread out or highly mobile. I'm fine with different healing classes working differently, but I don't like the feeling that I'm severely crippled just because people are moving around a lot.

It also doesn't seem like the Cataclysm healing model really played out as intended. It seems like everyone is always a moment away from death just like in Wrath of the Lich King, but now I also have less mana and my heals are slower. Again, perhaps this is more due to the people I play with, but the larger health pools don't seem to have done their job.

For resto, I love it. Shaman healing is my favorite class/spec combination by far. (Pre-4.0 blood DK DPS was my second-favorite... single tear.) I love that I have to use a wide variety of abilities to respond to different situations. I like not really having a "rotation" to speak of. Reacting to in-game events with a specific ability is fun. Reacting to random procs or just following a set rotation is not really fun.

Enhancement is okay. I don't think it's super interesting but it's okay. I haven't tried elemental since Cataclysm; it was extremely boring and repetitive in Wrath so I haven't given it another shot.

Other than the mana issues, I'm pretty happy about my shaman. I could use more in-game feedback about Unleash Elements. The earthliving version doesn't work on chain heal but the way it's worded, it does. It does work on riptide (the initial heal only, or both parts?) but it doesn't seem like it should. The flametongue version doesn't work on lava lash but it seems like it might. These things need to be clarified on the spell tooltips. Once Unleash Elements is cast, it should augment the tooltips like Soul Burn does.

Totem of Tranquil Mind, Spiritwalker's Grace, Far Sight, Water Breathing

Spiritwalker's Grace is a neat ability but I just don't find it all that useful in Cataclysm very often. My problem's more that the raid is mobile, not me. I use it on Jin'do when I have twenty spirits on me because the DPS are stupid.

What type of content do you focus on? PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? Heroics/Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? Wee bit o' BG's.

Don't really have any that i can think of. Make the duration of Searing Totem longer plz. having it as a 5min totem would be lovely thanks.

My favorite thing about my class is specifically about my spec, Having Feral Spirit as a 2 min CD was a fantastic idea and I thank you for that.

Having to AoE mainly. Multidotting and using Fire Nova.

I personally don't have any problems or concerns other than finding an ability to use on an almost dead mob as it is impractical to use LL or SS on a dying mob or a random add in a boss fight (such as Corrupted Lightning totem) and waste a debuff

Finding a decent amount of good weapons is too much of a hassle for an Enhancement shaman imo

Although this isnt a huge concern by any means. I would love to be able to have Lava Burst as a legitimate spell in the Enhancement shaman's rotation. Maybe throwing it in with the spells castable from MW. Just an idea.
What type of content do you focus on? PvE, primarily, with some PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? 5-mans, 10-man Normal raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? BGs, *very* laid back 3v3 Arenas

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Managing the split between providing static buffs via totems vs the cooldown / temporary buff situational totems. I feel that the totem mechanic suits itself *very* well to short term, cooldown style situational effects, but having to sacrifice a 'real' buff to use them feels unfair. There are also the 'known issues' with our Totem Pet control, or, rather, the lack thereof.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like the fact that I *feel* like I've got a lot of tricks up my sleeve as a Resto Shaman. Sure, I'm a healer, but I've also got CC, Interrupts, Snares, Offensive Dispels, some damage output - basically the fact that I'm most useful keeping an enemy targetted while I heal with mouse-over macros.

What makes playing your class less fun? Pretty much the same thing that makes any class less fun - when you feel you've done your best and still can't manage to match the performance of someone else whose class gives them the edge up that patch cycle. As for long-term, class-ideology type things, I honestly don't have any. I really like the way Shaman are built right now, at least so far as Elemental and Restoration specs are concerned (I have no experience playing Enhancement, so I can't comment there).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? In Resto spec, I think it's fairly solid. Patch to patch balance concerns aside, I think we have a very well rounded toolbox, though on-the-move healing still leaves something to be desired for the majority of the time that Spiritwalker is on Cooldown. In Elemental spec, I like our rotation, though it still 'feels easy' compared to DPSing with, say, my Priest or Feral Druid.

What’s on your wish list for your class? A reworking of Totems such that long term static buffs are no longer tied to totems, and all totem drops are used for short term DPS / HPS / Utility cooldowns.

What spells do you use the least? Resto: Healing Surge. Elemental: Earthquake, Unleash Elements. Both: Far Sight
PVE

Raids with occassional heroics

None

I am a shaman healer in a 10m raiding environment. One of the biggest problems I have seen this expansion, are the fight mechanics. A lot of fights require the groups to spread apart so spells such as chain heal, healing rain, and even spirit link totem are useless on these fights. Shamans were designed to be an AoE healer yet our AoE spells in a 10m environment are rarely used. Our main spells, healing wave and greater healing wave heal for less than other healers using the same "type" of spells. We have one spell we can actually use while moving (Riptide) and a 2 minute cooldown that allows use to move and cast a healing spell. We need an actual movement based spell.

Our mana regen is horrible. I go OOM faster than anyone in our raid (this is after popping mana tide totem/trinket/potion). Our water shield falls off constantly with AoE damage (Beth fight) therefore I have to waste a GCD to refresh it when it falls off.

Our totems are almost useless now due to homogenization.

I like having my toys (totems). I just enjoy shaman healing more than I do the other healers (pally healing is fun but I don't have toys). Plus when I can AoE heal I get to spout lazers from my hands.

Having to worry about going OOM in the middle of a boss fight after popping all my mana regen stuff.

I'd prefer to be able to use greater healing wave more often in raids. My normal single target rotation is riptide, healing wavex2. Or riptide, healing wave, greater healing wave. It kind of gets boring at times. This is when I'm raid healing. People are too spread out for my AoE heals to actually be effective.

Tank healing isn't much of an issue though (defensive cooldowns and such).

Shamans used to scale really nicely with haste. Now it's not one of our better stats. Every other healing class scales better with haste than shammies do.
Also why is UE on the global cooldown?
Also our spells are very slow, either give us another HoT or lower the cast time on our healing wave/greater healing wave.
Chain Heal- make it heal for a little more and give it a bigger AoE hitting range- at least then the mana cost would make sense.
Healing Wave- make it a raid wide spell instead of a "You must be in this spot" type of spell.
Spirit Link Totem- change the text description on this. When we first got it, I spent a good 10 minutes trying to figure out what it did.
Mana Tide Totem- revert the nerf or make resurgence do what it's supposed to.
Why does Telluric Currents not have a hit modifier attached to it? It would be worth my time taking the talent if I didn't have to rearrange my whole spec in order to pick up the spirit to hit talent in Elemental.
Reincarnation: why is it still a half hour cooldown? A 10-15 minute cooldown would make more sense.

Most importantly to me: Water Shield----it needs to not fall off whenever there's constant AoE damage. If you are going to continue making more fights with AoE damage, then something needs to be done with water shield.

Healing Surge. It costs entirely too much mana for the amount it heals for. I've almost never touched this spell. Spiritwalkers Grace- very rarely use this- the cooldown on it is almost a turn off.
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Pve

Heroic 5-mans and 10man raids.

N/A

- Having to constantly refresh Water Shield to maintain adequate mana regen when there's constant AoE dmg going.

- I find my dependence on Telluric Currents as a mana regen mechanic to be somewhat disturbing but can work around it if need be.

-The range of my totems annoy me some, especially when I have to run towards a half-way point between melee and ranged to make sure everyone can benefit from my totem buffs.

- I find myself shying away from using Healing Surge too much, as it heals for too little while costing too much, even with a short cast time, I find myself going more towards GHW with TW buff rather than use Healing Surge.

- Spirit Link Totem range is kinda 'meh' for something that drops at your feet and not somewhere you target.

Whenever I land a big crit and heal a tank from near dead to well over 3/4'ths HP.

Going OoM when I forget to refresh Water Shield.

I feel it's in a decent place for what I do right now.

A buff for our mana regen.

A buff for Healing Surge.

A change to Telluric Currents to make it more 'healer friendly'.

Totemic Reach baseline and rolled into totems current range.

Healing Surge
Unleash Elements - Unleash Life
What type of content do you focus on? PvE: Raids/Dungeons

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Re-designing, Resto Shamans Chain Heal and Water Shield (I'm fairly annoyed with it constantly breaking)

What makes playing your class more fun? I love the uniqueness of the Resto Shaman heals. As well as our totems.

What makes playing your class less fun? Being left out of Raids, because our group healing spells lack. Also, our totems seem useless now. Every class seems to have a buff that replaces a Shaman totem.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? I am very satisfied with the Resto Shaman Healing rotation.

What’s on your wish list for your class? My wish list for Resto Shamans would be:
-Chain Heal to be looked at and re-designed.
-Water Shield to be re-designed, so it didn't have to re-applied ALL THE TIME!
-Totem buffs that are only unique to the Shaman class, like they were before.

What spells do you use the least? LOL, Ancestral Spirit, because every class seems to have some sort of revive now.
PvE, mainly as Elemental.

10 man Heroic Raiding.

N/A

Easily totem management, though I am sure you'll be tired of that reading through all of these. Second in line would have to be the cooldown on Flame Shock and it being shared with Earth Shock.

The priority rotation is something I love compared to playing a rogue which I used to play at a competitive level. Nothing is more exciting than getting multiple back to back Lava Surge proc's.

As stated above, totem's currently.

I love the rotation, wouldn't change a thing about it other than having to be careful with the cooldown on Flame Shock and Earth Shock.

For the the Fire Elemental AI and Searing Totem even to be fixed, that's really all I want.

Unleash Elements, WTB buff for it's use with Lava Burst ;]
Both

All

All

Totems, Fire elemental not acting as a proper pet, having to redrop totems for range issues or time issues. Searing's time being low. In pvp elemental being so squishy. All of our damage always being baked into the next tier set bonuses. Pvp survivability. Pvp Mana issue for elemental are severe in arena, bgs, or rateds.

What makes playing your class more fun? Mastery, movement fights. Think its way past time we get instant ghostwolf for without talents needed but having to use ghostwolf on fights is fun.

What makes playing your class less fun? Being crushed by any melee without the ability to do anything. Not being able to be competitive in low bracket arena. The engineering gloves being on the same cooldown as most trinkets is annoying especially with fire elemental droppings. Having to always tell resto shamans not to give me earth shield. Earth shield removing lightning shield is a pain and is a terrible mechanic. PVP mana issues are bad enough as elemental without being given earthshield and losing it all.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Its been quite fun, would be nice if you buffed unleash elements so it would be useful, bake the unleashed lightning glyph into the elemental tree as its way too powerful to be a glyph.

What’s on your wish list for your class? More pvp survivability, more pvp/pve utility we seem to be a jack of all trades master of none now, a talent tree that better encompasses our damage so its not always a scramble to get the new tier gear to be competitive unlike the other classes. I know windshear may be soon to be on the chopping block just remember that it only really needs to be nerfed for resto, if you do it for the other 2 specs we need something to stay competitive in pvp.

What spells do you use the least? Unleashed elements, earthquake is still worthless ( I respecced for it for rag attempts and its still crap I just havent ditched it again yet) there have been no range tanking things lately so no rockbiter but that doesnt matter. Earth elemental is back to being 1 shot by everything, he cant taunt bosses anymore except a couple, and dropping him is a dps loss.

Edit:about shield interaction.
Both

Raids

BGs and i want to get into rated bgs

Totem range and picking them up and dropping them

Mastery is great. Heavy crits on LB

l miss the haste in ICC. The fact that mages got a bloodlust and how mages can use time warp in tolbarad and i cant use bloodlust. I wish i could use my totem elementals in bgs. When I am in a BG i feel that melee have such a great advantage. I get stunned and use my thunderstorm to knock them away but a warrior for example can just leap back at me and kill me before the stun wears off. It ruins pvp IMO. I miss my remove toxins, it just made shamans a less potent healer

its pretty cool but dose get boring. The added procs in Cata really spiced it up

some sort of pet that isnt a totem Maybe give spirit wolves to elemental as well and ad a glyph like mages got for the water elemental.

elemental:
Unleash elements
water shield.
all other weapon buff then flametounge
-PvP

Arenas and RBGs

-Burst

-No defensive Spells

-The rotation is good^^

-bring the old (Purge),(Astral Shift) BACK!!!!
and fixing the !@#$ mana issues for elemental

-trying to not use spells with high mana cost.....
PVE

Raiding, specifically Heroic level raiding.

N/A

The Fire/Earth Elemental AI. Not being able to control a significant amount of our damage makes us feel worthless from encounter to encounter. The 2pc bonus this tier was a nice bandaid for the problem, but we still go 90 seconds him dead before we can recast him and are balanced around the damage, so it ended up exposing the issue more than fixing it. A simple pet bar would fix most of our issues.

I love being a mobile DPS class. The 4pc bonus and the Lightning glyph for Elemental gives us a unique feel.

I feel like we still get penalized for years old stereotypes. We used to have the highest burst in the game, but we've been eclipsed but still get handled as if we do. The changes to our DPS in Firelands helped much of our "unfun" but it still seems like Blizzard is reluctant to buff Shaman DPS when it is behind and I'm concerned that we'll fall behind again as better gear comes out, as our scaling is still an issue.

I like it. It is complex enough to have skill set aside good players from bad, without feeling like it takes you out of the game to do it. A big change from the previous expansions where we spammed 1-2 buttons.

I'll merge this with the next question, as I actually really like what we already have, I'd just like to see them streamlined.

Earthquake - The spell is terrible for AE despite being our 31pt talent. It is only used for a random knockdown effect with a low proc chance.
Unleash Elements - In almost all situations it is a DPS loss for Elemental. Disappointing that the two "elemental" new abilities ended up useless to use.
Spiritwalker's Grace - I actually do still use this, but the power is extremely diminished. Obviously this is because of our new glyph/4pc making it redundant, but it would be nice if it gave some trivial DPS boost to make using it more valuable.
Grounding Totem (PVE) - It seems this spell gets reduced to nothing the rare times it works in PVE. It would be nice if could actually absorb something, maybe via a glyph turning it into a raid cooldown.
My water totems in general - Healing Stream is just our best water totem, but it means our others get neglected. We have a glyph that adds "resists" onto our Healing Stream, which means thing like our concentration aura end up penalizing our raid to use it. I'd much rather see the glyph add Healing Stream to our water totems than the Elemental Resists to our Healing Stream. We have so many tools with theoretical flexibility, but no real way to take advantage of them without playing poorly.

Lastly, as a wish. I'd actually like to see Elemental Shaman making use of more Elementals. The T12 2pc was a great step in the right direction, and merely making him a permanent talent in the tree would satisfy me, but having a Water/Air elemental options that are situationally better than Fire would add an interesting dynamic. But it would have to be done in such a way that gets rid of this annoying long cooldown mechanic and more of a permanent pet in a similar vein with warlocks.

PVE

Heroics/Raids

N/A

No more reagent on waterwalking/waterbreathing. Its clunky and feels like a wasted glyph.

The ability to move and cast. I also like the change in pace from other classes I play.

AOE healing is too heavily reliant on stacking to be effective.

Enhancement- Maelstrom weapon lightning bolt feels so low on the priority it feels like a waste. In addition as both ele and enhancement it feels like the aoe rotations are too much. It feels like I have to do a thousand things. Especially as enhancement, its like single target dps but with magma totem, chain lighting and more globals due to fire nova.

Elemental- I actually find this engaging and well designed, not much to say personally.

Healing rain changes so that it isn't so dependent on being stacked. Chain heal's bounce range is doubled or even tripled. If possible make the distance it travels reduce healing to encourage stacking.

Unleash Elements ( the flame version) should probably be buffed so that elemental would want to use it for either lava burst or flame shock. ( Either the damage or the buff it gives to next fire spell).

Waterwalking
waterbreathing
Spiritwalkers Grace ( as enhancement)
Unleash elements ( as ele)

What type of content do you focus on?
Both
(i try to do everything and squeeze out as much as i can with this underdog class)

If PvE, what type of PvE?
4/7 Heroic Firelands
Soloing older content

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arena
BG - for gearing other specs/for daily bonus (which should change to all 7 in 1 day, like the dungeon finder)
RBG's - but hardly anyone will take an enhance shaman.

As Enhance / Resto: lightning shield / water shield / earth shield having charges.
Totems: Range / Time restriction / Mana cost. Searing and Fire Ele AI are despicable. Spirit Link is commonly forgotten about.
Range and potency of Chain Heal (in order to make it worthwhile i have to use focused insight, unleash elements and have more than 2 targets) and the cluster requirement of Healing Rain
Ramp up time with AOE as enhance.
Purging multiple targets with an endless amount of trash buffs to rid.

As enhance, having a large toolbox in pvp with spells and physical damage. And being able to help with healing. Soloing old content deemed impossible by enhance.
As Resto, our mastery is the only respectably fun aspect

The above large toolbox has a set of screwdrivers that have razorblades for handles. It's clunky and cumbersome and may not work out how you want it to and in the end you just end up cutting yourself.
The terrible AI and clunkiness/burden of totems
Purging a healer priest.

It's all around fine. Not completely interesting, so to say, but it beats arcane mages playstyle.

Totem Revamp (make it flawless and awe inspiring)
Shields fixed
Resto with a tank cooldown or Earth elemental as a tank cooldown(or make spirit link better(30% dmg reduction/Range change))
An effective low ramp up AOE: An improvement to fire nova that would look similar to pestilence for dk's disease spreading.
Ele with a defensive CD
Reduced mana cost on Enhance's heals and purge.
Feral spirits as a pet or with more/buffed abilities or more damage
Earthquake redesign or a better 31 point talent (i don't even take it when i switch to ele)
Better crowd control
ghost wolf mini stealth
A buff to Resto PVE that comes as a nerf to Resto PVP (which is why i don't pvp as resto, it's just too easy)
Making all specs harness and master the elements like a real shammy can. Thrall did it.

Healing surge, Spirit link, Healing wave, cleanse spirit (in firelands)
Earthquake
Rockbiter weapon Bring us the shammy tank already!