Class Feedback – Shaman

Shaman
Prev 1 7 8 9 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on?
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroics and the occasional pug raid.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Totems with cooldowns: Losing the buff from the previous totem and having to recast it afterwards.
Not having an easy way to know if people are outside my totems' range.
Personal defensive abilties triggering the global cooldown: Shamanistic Rage and Stoneclaw Totem.
Fire/Earth Elementals not attacking my target or getting out of range.
Reagents: I guess the point of them is to feel more immersed? I have never felt immersed into the game because of reagents, they should be removed or keep them as a single item (for each class) that isnt consumed when you cast spells.
Earth Shock's debuff should last more than 8 seconds.
Earth Shield: It should be able to stack with another shaman's Lightning/Water Shield.
Hex: I dont know if it's a bug, but if you are not hit capped, Hex has a chance to break each second.

What makes playing your class more fun?
Being able to use more types of spells (Nature, Fire, Frost) than any other class without changing specs .
Being the best counter to spell casters in PvE, even as a healer.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Micro managing totems: Recasting a "buffing" totem after a "cooldown" totem ends) and making sure they are always in range of everyone.
As Enhancement, having a overly complex AoE rotation (compared to other classes) and still not doing enough damage.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Enhancement: Since the only "resource" I have is my abilities' cooldowns, I need to either focus on my bars (and not in the actual fight) or button mash the ability that I have to press next, because waiting even 0.1 sec is effectively DPS loss.
Mana should matter for Enhancement (or replace it with a new resource for that spec only) so that you can remove the cooldowns on Lava Lash, Stormstrike, etc. Managing a single resource would be better than multiple short cooldowns.

Restoration: After casting Riptide -> (Greater) Healing Wave x2, I have 1 sec before Riptide can be cast again, which feels a bit off because during that second I don't usually cast anything so that I can cast Riptide again as soon as it cools down.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Stoneclaw, Tremor, Mana Tide, Spirit Link and Fire/Earth Elementals not requiring totems to be used. I like totems as a concept, but I feel that you haven't done a good job at implementing them properly into the class/game, especially the ones with cooldowns. Spirit Link is the biggest offender because 90% of the time I can use it where I want it and that's extremely frustrating.

Fire Nova redesign: Remove cooldown, then make it deal the damage over a few seconds (6?), that way it would deal the same damage regardless of how many mobs you Flame Shock'd.

Stoneclaw redesigned as a melee attack that AoE stuns and shields you.

Lightning/Water Shield triggering on dodges, parries and blocks.

Chain Heal hitting people at 100% health (when there's no one else that needs the healing).

A new frost spell and Big Bad Voodoo!

What spells do you use the least?
Lava Burst
Totem of Tranquil Mind
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas, BGs, and RBGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Having to refresh sheilds too much. Having to dismount to cast waterwalking

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Totems that do stuff, having wolves and different cds when they are active, like spirt walk and bash

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Totems that have buffs have to be redropped everytime I drop a earthbind, stoneclaw, etc. I wish they all worked like flametounge. I don't mind having to redrop them due to moving. Having to spam purge to remove something that I want it to remove.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Fun and flows great

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Ranged Execute from Lava Burst and aoe melee attack

■What spells do you use the least?

Earthshock, Healing Wave, and Water Breathing
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE as an Elemental dps

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Primarily raiding, with a focus on 10m heroic progression raiding (currently 6/7H at time of writing this).

-Totems continue to become more of a vestigial aspect of Shaman with the homogenization of buffs across classes.
-Currently, our defensive cooldown is tied to our only dps cooldown, which is quite frustrating because the defensive aspect is wasted around 75% of the time - in a raiding environment where dps matters, you can't afford to hold off on using it, and it gets expended at times where no damage is being taken at all. The idea of an "all-in-one" cooldown is both interesting and fun, but our only other way to protect ourselves lies in a glyphed stoneclaw totem which is quickly outscaled by gear/encounter damage.

The class mechanics have definitely had a turn for the better in terms of fun - it feels good to look at lightning shield stacks and your flame shock timer and plan out your next few spells. Also, I like the "rewarding" aspect of the basic spells - if you chain lightning at the right time, you can go from 3 to 9 stacks of lightning shield, and if you smartly multi-dot with flame shock, you are rewarded with more Lava Surge Procs.

-Knowing that I am losing dps due to technical problems, as in Fire Elemental AI. It has become a pain to line up all my spell power procs/trinkets/potion, get excited for a perfect fire elemental, and drop it to see it sit around due to targets changing (like Ragnaros going under during transitions sends him into a fit), or simply he will fixate on targets he can't reach (happens both on Beth'Tilac and Alysrazor). The fun is lost when you are doing everything correctly, but you lose out to things out of your control.
-Having a 31point talent that hits like a wet noodle. Currently the only reason I am using it in a 10man environment is that when there is absolutely nothing to dps (like at the end of Ragnaros' first transition), you can cast it to deal damage to whatever spawns, which isn't a very compelling purpose for a spell.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I actually have a good deal of fun with my rotation, both on single targets, target switching/multi targets, and on AoE targets even with it having a slight case of ramp-up time.

The biggest thing most of us Elementals are talking about is dealing with Fire Elemental and Earthquake, both of which need significant improvement should the both remain the same in function, or (the more popular wish), for the Fire Elemental to take the place of Earthquake in the talent tree as the 31point talent as a permanent (or at the least, a controllable temporary) pet. The Fire Elemental is very iconic of Ele Shamans, and currently we have it up at almost all times during a fight. The only thing separating it from a pet is A) No control over its actions, and B) its damage scales if dropped when the shaman is at his strongest. An ideal design would probably keep the idea that your elemental gets better if you drop it when at your strongest, but would most definitely get rid of the control problems.

Apart from the obvious spells such as frost shock/frostbrand weapon, etc.):
-Earthquake: minimal applications in fights, very low damage even if used correctly.
-Unleash Elements: I think this spell is fun, and I use it to finish off an add/empower my fire nova to spread empowered Flame Shocks, but I think it wouldn't do much harm if it was a little more competitive in the elemental rotation.

Thanks.
PVE

Heroic Raids, 25man

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Pretty good overall, no real complaints since 4.0

Well balanced class with great utility, our buffed damage really went a long way to making us raid viable again for 4.2.

Clunky AoE and Fire Totem AI

Single target and cleave rotations feel very fluid. I'd say perfect in their current state. However the same cannot be said about our AoE rotation. It takes entirely too much time to get enough FS up on targets for Fire nova damage to be respectable. And Earthquake, the talent we waited years for, is almost completely unusable right now.

Whomever put the Glyph of Unleashed Lightning on the brainstorming table.... I LOVE YOU, LETS MAKE BABIES.

Less clunky AoE rotations.

Unleash Elements and Frost Shock.

PVE (as Resto)

Primarily regular mode 10-man raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Reapplying water shield instead of healing during high damage phases and range restrictions on totems and AoE heals. I've heard and possibly experienced that Hex can break early based on hit, if true, it'd be nice to fix for Resto in heroics. Telluric Currents should give hit at least for Lightning Bolt, it's really tough to see it miss after using mana and a global on it.

I like the active mana regen from crit and telluric currents, this is more fun and interesting to me than just pushing a button for more mana. I like the way mastery makes greater healing wave crits powerful enough to bring someone from the brink of death to "safe" in one heal. I like the idea of being able to choose totem buffs to best help the group, even if some of the totems themselves aren't that great. I like being able to gear for both Resto and Ele without requiring an entirely new set. Lastly, I like the mix of single target and AoE healing available, allowing flexibility. Flexibility is what it's all about for me.

Lack of personal defensive and throughput cooldowns. Glyphed Stoneclaw Totem is nice (especially having some kind of damage prevention) but personally I'd prefer a larger shield on a longer cooldown, something that feels like it's making a big difference. Raid fights feel linear in healing, my ability to heal is based entirely on reacting to damage. It feels like there's little I can do to save myself or the raid without casting a heal at regular cost, strength, and speed.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I like Tidal Waves, although it'd be nice if it affected one more heal or if Riptide were on a 5 second cooldown because cast times really suffer without it, to the point that it feels mandatory to keep it up.

A personal defensive and/or throughput cooldown, something like glyphed Elemental Mastery for Ele (possibly allow us to use it on tanks too?). Maybe allowing Tidal Waves to affect Lightning Bolt for Telluric Currents would be cool. A better range for chain heal would be nice. I saw someone above mention a Water or Air Elemental, that would be a great way to incorporate these cooldowns, Earth Elemental as a defensive cooldown would be awesome too. Allowing Astral Recall to port us somewhere different than our Hearthstone would be great.

EDIT: I've thought of two new things. It'd be very nice to see Healing Stream Totem heal raid-wide instead of party-wide, especially if other Shamans in the group are supposed to be using other water totems for their buffs.

Also, a cooldown for Resto Shamans right now would be a raid-wide life grip. Since we have trouble getting the group to stack up for our short-range AoE heals and Spirit Link Totem, this may come in handy. Hopefully it wouldn't be too exploitable in PVP, and it would certainly need a range restriction at the very least, but when I watch my brother play his Disc Priest I always find myself thinking "I wish I could life grip (and Barrier and Pain Suppress)."

As Resto, I simply do not use Healing Surge, and very rarely use Healing Wave in raids. I don't use Nature's Swiftness as often as I should, the Druid version is better in my opinion. I don't ever use Totem of the Tranquil Mind instead of glyphed Healing Stream, and it is only ever useful if there's no Pally in your group, as is Mana Spring. Combining those would help make them more useful. Earth Elemental. While Spiritwalker's Grace is fun, I rarely use it. Astral Recall is redundant with our Hearthstone on a much shorter cooldown now.

Please excuse any inaccuracies, I hope my opinions are helpful.
PvP

none

If PvP, what type of PvP?
Arenas, BGs, occasional Rated BGs

casting and running is epic awesome buff for ele shamans. our hex CC has too large of a cooldown. anyone can trink outta it and i can't do !@#$ about it. makes taking healers on a lot harder

huge lava burst crits in an arena

the shear OPness of paladin healers in 2's

effective

more casting and running without popping a CD

Primal Strike, all weapon enchants except flametounge, elemental totems (earth and fire), stoneskin totem, water walking water breathing, totem of tranguil mind,
PvE

25m Heroic raiding

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Water shield losing charges very frequently in some situations and only 3 charges makes refreshing it happen way too often for my liking. Totem range limitations compared with things like Pally Auras can also be a headache... not as much an issue anymore with the consolidation of buffs my totems are pretty useless as it is right now. Some fights I just drop healing stream totem because it is the only one that provides meaningful buffs.

I like how our healing is structured around massive, big, bursty healing. I also like that we have a movement speed buff and provide some healer utility with a raid cd and mana tide totem. I like that we are a true hybrid class that can swap between different roles.. even as a healer it is the one real spec that can go from tank healing to raid healing w/o adjusting spec/gems/gearchoices at all.

Lack of a throughput cd. Very little instacast abilities to use on high movement encounters... especially anything that hits multiple targets. Lack of a defensive cd. Our raid cd is weak and situation due to limited range, being placed at the shaman's feet and the potential to gib tanks if they are stacked. Our very limited AoE healing range... I feel on my shaman confined to a 12.5 yard situational box. If people are spread out more than this my healing becomes significantly weak. If we are to be a niche, centralized, aoe healer... I'd like enough throughput to make up for the serious deficiency when not in our niche.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Healer rotation is a little hard to pinpoint but generally I feel it is ok. The only point I feel I don't have the right tools is if people are spread out beyond 12.5 yards.

2-3 min throughput cd
2-3 min defensive/tank cd (personal or useable on others)
rework of SLT/WS
an instacast ability that hits multiple targets on a short (sub 10 second) cd that is range 30

Unleash Elements and Healing Surge both see VERY little use in raids.
PvE. I play as Enhancement because I'm ridiculously awesomely terrible as elemental. Elemental is also the most boring spec I've ever tried to play.

Semi-casual raiding.

My type of PvP tends to be the 'MASH ALL THE BUTTONS and die a horrible death' kind.

Well, it used to be my extremely bursty threat, but with the buff to tanks that really isn't an issue anymore. Searing Totem AI is very poor - I'm constantly needing to re-drop it so it'll switch targets. I feel my survival cooldowns are sufficient for raiding, between Shamanistic Rage and a glyphed Stoneclaw Totem, so that's a non-issue.

Should I be honest here? I'll be honest. I freaking LOVE Unleash Elements. Why? Well the buff it gives is rather good, but mainly because of the animation on it. And it sets me on fire. ON FIRE, I say! I love having fun, flashy animations that give me the sense that my character is really beating the living crap out of the bad guys.

Also, being able to help out my raid's healers using Maelstrom stacks on healing spells (mainly Healing Rain and Chain Heal) is really awesome. And my ridiculously short cooldown on Wind Shear - which I've heard you'll be nerfing (sadface).

I think just really having to constantly drop Searing Totem. Oh, and not really having a good viable AoE for Enhancement. Fire Nova is great, but only if the adds have enough life so I can spread my Flame Shock around, and most trash packs that get AoE'd down don't. I understand why you moved it off of fire totems, though. But I think that's really the only thing that feels really clunky to me.

I feel it's fine - there's usually a button ready for me to push but I don't feel overwhelmed.

Don't nerf me, bro!
Also, an Elemental totem that's awesome for Enhancement. Fire Elemental is ZOMGAMAZING for elemental right now, but I can't justify losing Searing Flame stacks to drop it. I think it would be fun as heck to get a new elemental totem, perhaps Wind, for Enhancement to use as a cooldown in addition to Ghost Wolves.
Speaking of Ghost Wolves, for a 31-point talent, their damage leaves a bit to be desired. But they're dead useful.

Frost Shock, Fire or Earth Elemental.

<3Gneisha
PvE

Heroics/Raids/Daily Quests

N/A

Switching from Single-target to Multi-target (AoE) rotations as Enhancement.

As Enhancement: that "fists-exploding" feeling when hitting Stormstrike and MW5_LB. Ghost Wolves are awesome.

Things that slow down the pace of the action, such as:
-Switching types or fire totems depending on Single-Target or Multi-Target needs.
-Having too much "breathing room" in the rotation.

I feel that there currently is too much "breathing room". The rotation felt most enjoyable for me during Ver. 3.3 of Wrath of the Lich King, where the rotation required a relatively quick response time from the player, with very little breathing room.
I do not enjoy switching fire totems depending on Single-Target or Multi-Target rotations. Using Magma Totem for both would be great.

-Enhancement: Less breathing room in the rotation (I want to push more buttons to get more explosions from my fists).
-Enhancement: Tanking. We kinda did it in Vanilla, so why not?

Sentry Totem, or Far Sight?

PVE

Raids, mainly 25 man when there is attendance, and sometimes 10 man

A few for me. Personally, i find Water shield to be pretty weak. The mana regen is decent, but i feel like for a really good chunk of mana back, i gotta have it glyphed or i'll run out of mana faster than speedy gonzales getting the cheese. And the charges run out so fast on me i have to constantly re apply it wish brings down my healing.

That and personally i find that i have huge mana issues as resto unless i do a lot of LB's with Telluric currents for the mana back. While i like the talent, i think it becomes too staple now in this raiding environment.

Personally, i like the healing all around. The stream is good, the mastery is decent, though i think it may need a little reworking, and the amount of spells is very nice. Its not too many to overload your bars, but its not too small to be boring and uneventful and have few consequences for the wrong choice of spell.

Water shield just makes it so much less fun its ridiculous. the mechanic is decent. but personally i think the shields should just be a straight up buff, atleast water-shield. Also the totems are just a huge hassle now as well. Ya you can increase the range with talents into enhance, but i feel its takes away too much flexibility we do have, ( and i find personally we do have very little flexibility)
that and i find unleash elements to honetly be no fun at all.
no real rotation, but i find most the spells to be interesting, but some to be a hassle and rarely used. and our cd's, in my opinion, are rarely used.
a few things
1. a complete rework of water shield or the shield system as a whole. maybe have watershield do the same as it does with lightning shield for the ele spec. each heal adds a stack, and once u hit, oh, 9 stacks or so u can hit something and get a chunk of mana back, like ele's thunderdstorm, but with our water-shield.
2. A rework for Mana Tide Totem. TBH, atleast for me, i feel like it just doesnt provide the mana the other classes can provide. I pop it, and its like im still losing mana cause a lot of fights this tier are healing intensive. I think it should be max mana base or like a priests hymn or something. I find it needs a rework.
3. A COMPLETE rework for totems. they feel like a complete hassle and 90% of them except for healing stream totem get overidden by buffs proveded by other players that have it part of thier rotation, ( EX- dk/war and thir shout/horn of winter.) They dont feel fun anymore at all for me.
4. unleash elements i think also needs to be redone. i find it not fun or essential. its just a button on a bar that i rarely use now.

healing surge and unleash elements. UE to me adds no real flavor for me. and Healing surge just isnt worth it when you have the tidal waves buff.
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

PvE - Raids and some heroics to cap.

I play elemental as my main spec, so our two biggest quality of life issues are:
  • Fire Elemental/Searing Totem AI. With 2 pc T12 the fire elemental has moved from being a "once on a boss fight" button to being up all the time. He's a huge source of damage too, imagine 20% of your damage being uncontrollable and highly unreliable. He's easily confused, tends to leash easily and often stands around gazing at butterflies instead of attacking. Fix this please!

• Our AOE. On paper it looks amazing, given enough time we could easily out dps every other class with our infinitely scalable AOE. The problem is the mobs will be long dead before it begins to pay off. Earthquake is pretty weak for what it is, so typically we have to rely on a long ramp up AOE rotation involving flame shocks/chain lighting and fire nova. It sounds neat, but it's clunky to play. Please streamline this!

• 09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

I love glyph of unleashed lightning. Single best change ever. Thank you. Overall I like our rotation (single target), I like being able to mostly solo interrupt most anything, and I like being able to cast a heal every now and then.

• AOE situations.

• The Fire elemental gazing at butterflies and being unable to re-summon for a minute and a half.

I like it, it's come a long way from fitting lightning bolts into the chain lighting cooldown, that's for sure. Though juggling earthshock/flameshock cooldowns can be a little annoying.

• Fix our Fire Elemental/Searing Totem AI. I know it's tricky, I know it's linked to the totem, but please, please, please fix this!

• Fix our AOE, streamline it or make EQ better, but please make it so even if I can't top AOE dps meters, I can still contribute!

• Future balance issue: Do something about how powerful our 2pc T12 bonus is. As it stands having the Fire elemental out full time (assuming it's working) is a huge boost to our dps, and it helps keep us more or less competitive. Unless T13 4pc bakes that bonus in, I can't imagine using T13 4pc (unless it's also absurdly overpowered in another sense making up for not having a fire ele up for the entire fight). It seems like it was something of a band-aid fix to help us remain competitive, but I can only see problems later on.

Earthquake. Even when I do use it, I feel like I should have just gone with CL/Flame shocks.

PVE

Raids

Weapon enhancement effect time (nothing is worse than being in an encounter and realizing my weapon buffs are about to fall off)

The burst DPS and all the cooldowns like Feral Spirit and the Elementals

When it comes time for AOE, enhancement Shaman fall flat

It is a fun and complex rotation when single target dpsing

-improved aoe, possibly resembling the warriors blood and thunder talent, where you ignite flame shock with fire nova and it spreads a shorter dot to all enemies it hits (the way it is now takes too much tab targeting and ends up doing very little damage)
    -Weapon enhancements that are applied until removed by caster, rather than on a timer
    -Longer duration of searing totem
    -Wind Elemental totem and Water Elemental Totem (Water Elemental could be a healing cooldown and Wind could be a dps cooldown that benefits Enhancement more than Elemental since dropping the Fire Elemental is not a good idea as it gets rid of Searing Totem)
    -More health or armor for the Earth Elemental (it dies almost instantly even in small encounters in a Heroic)
    -A definitive answer about shaman tanking (what is the deal with rockbiter anyway?)

Far Sight

PVE Elemental with some casual PVP elemental

Raiding current content and slow heroic progression.

usually just normal BG's

Larger range on totems would be amazing

cant really point my finger at anything in particular, fell in love with the shaman in vanilla and never looked back. Elemental is me and i am elemental

I love the t12 2 pc (but with the same ai complaints as most) but i dont want elemental to become a pet class. pet classes are really not my playstyle. Aoe in general is not that fun, tab targetting could use some improvement since our aoe is multitarget based or give something in the lines of a glyph like sunder armor for flameshock, applies flameshock upto 2 or 3 targets at once and will always try to apply the flameshock to something that doesnt have it already. the fire nova idea is amazing it just needs a little help.

i believe our rotation is complex enough and doesnt really need much changing, I find myself having to pay way too much attention to dot timer, lava surge procs and a shield count not too mention raiding mechanics, i definitely die to stupid stuff alot more now than before cata mainly due to those reasons. I would like to have unleash elements for viable in my rotation and possibly some sort of crit bonus for a maximum stack of fulmination.( or even a nice crit bonus for an 8 stack but not a 9 stack so you would have a little bit planning or reaction time for timing your earth shock)

the bonus to a properly executed fulmination stack as mentioned in the previous question. Earthquake (if it stays as it is now) to work with elemental mastery for an instant cast. Fire Elemental to not become a permanent pet in the future. i guess see answers in previous questions as well.

the obvious ones that dont have anything to do with my spec (rockbiter or any other weapon imbue, frost shock, etc)

unleash elements, sometimes i use it but its a dps loss but i like seeing the occasion reedonkulous lava burst crit.

Its not a spell but im going to include, atleast the current tier, Mana, its a non issue unless im aoeing, ill start and end a single target dps boss at full mana or just about.

Im sure there is more things and ill add them if i think of them in the next few days, thanks a ton for the opportunity for giving some feedback directly to you. GG blizzard, keep up the great work.
    pve mostly
    i like them all killin tough but fun bosses and a good story in quest
    i do the bg once and a while but they get boring fast
    ■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    it may be me but i fell like there no spell dps gear in mail so i feel one of my spec is unusealble and useless
    that im able to do both melee and range dps and heal all at once can change it up at time and try somehting new
    i feel force to only go enhancement or restro right now and sometime dependin on your raid party and the buff they give my totem sometime feel useless and unneed since all the buff they give are bein given off by someone else
    ■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    it ok i have no problem with it. it fairly simple and keep on you toes
    to have a big totem that give off all your chosen buff that stay on your back so you dont have to drop them all the time now this wonuld be the buff not the offence totem and make it connect to a spec or something like restro
    add more time to searin totem 40sec seen short in some boss fight and tend to be forgotten to pop back up
    do something with the heroism it doesnt seem to have the same feelin to me as bloodlust i know there the same but there no feelin that your under the effect like with bloodlust when it hit you hear that rwar and you hands get all red and grow al big but heroism it just pops and that about it you get bigger but there no sound and your hand glow clear and no feel to it
    that earthbither move why does it taunt if this isnt a tankin class
    My main quality of life issues are:

- Water Shield maint

- Totem logistics

- Hex in 5-mans is unwieldy, especially for Resto since I have no hit and it has an extremely long CD. So, every miss is critical. Give me a Hex glylph or something. Perhaps move the hit talent to level 1 in the Elemental tree. Something.

Pvp

N/A

All kinds including world pvp

our totems are dumb and attack random people or kill themselves on reflective damage ,re-dropping totems, no blizz addons that tell you when your totem gets nuked

i love the utility that i bring as a shaman to any group, and i actively play all three specs

as enhance, all i bring is utility... and earthquake... i won't even say it

Enhance in pvp has some downtimes where you can only auto attack for about 2-4 seconds but if you try to hardcast you'll get interrupted/silenced and potentially miss a good period for burst. Other than that i love Ele's.

Searing flames stacks stacking faster

hex cd lowered by a lot, shamanistic rage glyph can often kill me now vs afflic locks and spriests. Maybe one more move as a filler for enhance then i think we should be in the perfect state. maybe roll toughness into a passive benefit for speccing into enhance cuz we need just too many talents in the Ele and Resto trees to survive

Enhance tanking like the good ol' days

Earthquake being better
    Getting silenced while casting unleashed lightning bolt can be annoying since we have no way to stop casting it i guess
    Maybe even ES from a fulminating benefit from our mastery too

as Enhance:
    Lava Burst-it doesnt benefit from maelstrom procs
    Flame Shock- outside of pve this has no use in pvp since we dont use LB

as Elemental:
    Earthquake- cast time is pretty long and even with clearcasting still takes up a good chunk of mana for a minimal gain, thunderstorm completely out classes it

rockbiter- bring back enhance tanking!!!!
    # What type of content do you focus on?
    Both, more favorably towards pvp. I play as an Enhancement Shaman

# If PvE, what type of PvE?
    Heroics, used to raid

# If PvP, what type of PvP?
    Arenas, BGs, and a few Rated BGs

# What are your biggest quality of life issues?
    My biggest quality of life issues are Searing Flames mechanics and requiring the Lightning Shield glyph for Static Shock/Lightning Shield to be effective in a pvp setting. For Searing Flames, you can’t exactly make it attack the exact target you want at that time, it kills itself on reflective damage (pvp), it can easily be line of sight or out ranged (pvp). Lastly, Flametongue Weapon getting a 30% Lava Lash increase for being on the off-hand when Frostbrand Weapon doesn’t, making me choose between more Lava Lash damage or a snare for pvp.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    The rotation, I like the way it feels.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    Not having something that could help change the outcome in both pve and pvp, something like an execute, DPS CD, a CC or effect that lasts longer than 2 second (something besides Hex)

# How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    I like the rotation but I wish Haste did something for it that made it do a little more.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Ghost Wolf is a nice ability for closing the gap, but once snared, that movement speed seems useless and really hard to close the gap. Would be great if every once in a while, even while snared, Ghost Wolf could run at its full speed (130%) and not at 100% speed.
    An improved version of the Searing Flames mechanic, something that makes it less troubles some in both pvp and pve.
    A burst CD/execute or a CC like effect that lasts a little longer than 2 seconds in both pvp and pve.
    A stronger mechanic for AoE

# What spells do you use the least?
    Rockbiter Weapon

PVE Resto shaman

Raids

-Make it so we don't have to refresh WS so often
    -Make it so totem buffs aren't made essentially useless in raids because they get cancelled out by other class buffs
    -Increase range of totems, especially Spirit Link

-Chain Heal
    -The Tidal Wave proc from casting Riptide and Chain Heal
    -Healing Rain

-Not having an ability to drop threat (i.e. priests' Fade)
    -Not being able to cure poisons anymore

Resto shamans don't have a rotation per se, as our spells are reactive, rather than proactive, but I like it that way.

-Either improved Riptide or another, better HoT
    -A WS glyph like Glyph of Lightning Shield
    -A healing spell like Resto Druids' Tranquility
    -A threat reducer like Priests' Fade
    -Greater range on Spirit Link totem
    -Letting the totem buffs stack with other class buffs, or come up with different buffs that other classes don't provide
    -We have Earth Elemental for tanking and Fire Elemental for damage, so why not a Water Elemental for an extra healing boost?
    -Return Tremor Totem to the way it was before

Healing Surge

both

raids and heroics

BGs

redropping totems is a really annoying, especially in enhance pvp due to searing flames taking so long to stack. totems also arent unique anymore so their coolness factor is greatly diminished.

huge LL and GHW crits. healing a tank for 115k is just plain awesome

Currently, PvP with casual PvE
    Long term raider from Vanilla

Raids (DPS and Tank) up to but not including Firelands (yet)

All, mostly BG and Arena

Elemental has massive mana issues, it's beyond frustrating.
    Also, the lightning shield necessity is nice.. but it sucks when you are oom and try to use water shield (which leaves you gimped for other mana return) -- possibly allow the LB regen mechanic to work with both lightning and water shields? generating extra water shield charges doesn't do much other than save you from re-casting it.

The combos are fun, lining up damage so you can burst someone down is nice.
    I find totems challenging to use but I think they can be powerful when used properly.
    I love me some lava bursts!

Melee. I have to strategically place myself in situations where things like thunderstorm are actually useful otherwise I get completely dominated by melee classes.
    I feel I have to play far more defensively as elemental than other classes do (meaning I have to completely stop my dps and try to live while other classes can both do things to keep themselves up while dpsing.) Stoneclaw totem is a good example of how it should work, but it only lasts for 1-2 hits at most so it isn't enough.

Elemental is like playing a shadow priest ... without dots... without hots.... with one 15-second cooldown power word shield .... no silence.... no horror..... no dispersion ... but a gauranteed crit from your mind blast if you have a hot up. We are lacking many things you have taken into consideration for other classes.

I think all rotations are fairly simple at this point. My only comment would be that if you guys could throw clever ways to differentiate people from a good player vs. a great player. So it is more noticable when you have a good dps'er as opposed to someone who just knows how to read and copy.

- Baseline earthquake (cmon... I suggested half a dozen times during beta why it was a bad idea.... all have been proven to be true by changes since release of cata.... perhaps the spell just shouldn't be there.....
    - The dot - fire nova aoe isn't working right.... it's beyond clunky and most people just say "screw it" and use chain lightning with only 1-2 dots at most.
    - Add more mana regen to elemental pls, make the proc and charge stacking work with water shield too (fulmination will obviously only work with lightning).
    - Add a new 31pt talent that both pve and pvp want to use regularly ... pvp'ers completely skip the 31 pt talent in elemental... I believe that was a core design point you guys were striving to avoid.