Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Prev 1 9 10 11 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I do both, but I focus more on PVE, since most money, experience and gear comes from PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
I do heroics for VP (which gets very boring to grind out on more then one toon). I enjoy raids alot.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I do BG for starting out for gear, and then lean towards more for RBG

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
The soul shard system was a very nice improvement for the warlocks instead of having a bag full of them and needing to fill up outside a raid off a member.

What makes playing your class more fun?
This might sound weird, but there are not too many warlocks in the game, and when you one of the best geared and dps warlocks around, you get alot of notice.

What makes playing your class less fun?
It depends on the fight, but every class has its own disadvandage. The number one thing is, warlocks are one of the most squishest class to play. Sure Soul Shatter is nice in PVE, but in PVP, 4k res doesnt go far with us taking 3 hits before going down. I be happy to trade in a fear spell to live a bit better.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Afflock is extremely easy to understand, Demo is a bit hard to pick up with so many spells and buffs popping up at random times, and Destro is a bit hard with the rotation and timing.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Drain Mana was a alsome tool for healers in PVP. Staying in Meta as Demon would be alsome like Spriest in Shadow Form, it would really be playing their spec. Destro needs to live up to its name and do more burst and more dps then the other specs. Aff seems just right so far, just not that great at burst damanage to kill adds fast (like the ones in Deadmines and ZG heroics).

What spells do you use the least?
I have to agree with most people before me.

PvE, i enjoy the group learning and practice towards end game content.

Raids mostly, heroics are more towards building up for raids for what i have seen so raids become primary focus.

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo
could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Removing soul shards from bags was improvement, though I feel there isn't much in pushing for their usage during a boss fight aside from occasional re-summon and extremely brief dps buffing, reason probably being lack of consistent recovery in combat. Might suggest making them seem like less of a random occasional add-on and work them into some more combat enhancement

Honestly I enjoy the pet classes a lot, mostly because it can reward properly using abilities alongside a pet that mix with the pet's functions fight by fight.

I really don't get a feel for warlocks having as much flexibility as other classes in a talent tree change. Warlocks are pretty much similar across the board with mixes of similar rotations, only differences being what the trees themselves provide. In the end it becomes testing what provides most dps and is best for each player. It would be cool to spread out some of the dps-only classes into other uses (tanking/healing).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which
abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Warlock rotations feel long and somewhat erratic at times. It's hard to realize how some classes are only 3-5 buttons overall and we have to use anywhere from 5-8 standard. Though most can handle this well I feel, it makes it harder to ask a warlock to have similar flexibility as other classes when performing certain mechanics in raid since we do have to keep things going to maintain dps.

Honestly, strangely enough, i want to tank as a warlock, and not just off tank. I feel it would be cool if demonology worked in similar fashion to feral druids (same tree, tank/dps possibilities). I feel having alternate variations of metamorphosis for both roles would be very interesting, as well as allowing at least one type of cloth-wearer to do something outside of just staying out of the way in a raid.

Eye of Killrog and/or Enslave Demon.

PvE

Raids and heroics

BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Doomguard/infernal cooldown. While these are balanced to only be used once per fight, such a significant portion of our dps comes from their use, if it is burned and you wipe and need another attempt it feels like you are doing suboptimal dps. Would there be a way to reduce/reset this cooldown on death?

Shadow Embrace: why must you make target swapping so damn hard...make SE a player buff just like shadow weaving. I know you want us to be unique...but strictly worse in every way is not unique...it just makes playing correctly on raid bosses frustrating.

Being the "tough" caster, soul link etc

Demonology being so tied to doomguard to do competitive dps (trinket stacking mastery etc) is a pain.

Soulfire buff being required for destro is annoying since often its a super long hard cast with travel time.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The rotation for demonology is exceptionally clunky, soul fire for destro is also very annoying. Affliction is perfect rotation wise.

Demo:

- constant metamorphesis
- make felguard useful on single target dps
- Make more spells that directly interact with pets that arent just macroed to use on cooldown.

destruction:

- Dont remove soulfire buff, just make the proc's from the imp come more regularly.
- Dispel protection from immolate
-More Nukes rather than dots: Maybe a talent that makes fel flame very hard hitting, or a proc like the t11 that makes it hard hitting.
-I know you say dont mention dps...but destro is really hurting. At competitive levels you just cannot play destro.
-Dear god why is rain of fire so bad? anytime single targetting is better for aoe than actual aoe, you know there is a problem.
-Our mastery does not affect our shadowfury.
-Why is does burst spec have less burst than all our other specs.

affliction:

- Buff Drain life, even if you dont want it to be our dps filler (which I honestly think would be far more entertaining than shadow bolt) buff the amount it heals. Heals 2x dmg or something.
- For future trinkets and procs can you make on cast on tick for drain soul (such as T12 4 piece), this makes us spam hard cast drain soul rather than let it tick to optimize our dps.

In |PVE| :

- Curse of Tongues/Weakness (mabye increase there duration through a glyph of some sort
- Rain of Fire, have never used it in Cata even when raiding as destro.
-Drain life, since nerf.
- Succubus and void walker
- Soul Burn (affliction): Only when pet dies...soul fire maybe when I move. Affliction needs an in combat use for this power. soul burn soul swap...refresh duration on all dots you leave behind?
-control demon...wish there was more fights that used this, throw us a bone with this incredibly fun power. Muru back in the day was a blast using this.
-eye of kilrogg...point in this?
-fel flame: no more tier 11 means its not used anymore save filler when moving...not so bad I guess.

In |PVP|

- Demo spec
PvE, very little PvP
Heroics and Raids
Occasional BGs and Arenas
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Pets can be frustrating. In addition to the bugs that have already been mentioned, pets seem much too fragile, particularly in certain heroic 5-mans. Fear is very frustrating as a CC. It doesn't last long enough, and as an affliction lock I can't afford to give up a precious Major Glyph slot to prevent enemies from running around. As a pet-peeve, I strongly dislike that my pet now follows me around when I mount up. I preferred when they simply vanished until I dismounted.
I like feeling useful in raids. I can provide powerful buffs and debuffs, as well as solid DPS and useful items like healthstones and soulstones. I enjoy the dot-based playstyle, and the versatile set of abilities that I have access to. I also really enjoy fights where I'm able to tank, such as Blood Prince fight in ICC.
As an affliction warlock, I feel very weak on trash, or anywhere that high burst damage is needed. Things die too quickly for my dots to take effect.
How do you feel about your “rotation”?
For the most part, I enjoy the affliction rotation, and I enjoyed the demonology rotation when I used that spec. However, I am frustrated by the way Soul Swap complicates my Banes. If I try to copy my dots from one target to another, I need to reapply a bane to the original target, and it ruins the otherwise smooth transition that glyphed Soul Swap can provide.
More burst damage for Affliction, green fire, more Soulburn effects, a better niche for the succubus and voidwalker, more health recovery (since I'm forced to sacrifice health for mana), flashy & exciting spells and effects.
Bane of Agony (Compared with Bane of Doom), Curse of Tongues, Searing Pain, Enslave Demon, Fel Flame, Eye of Kilrogg
Both, moreso PVE

Heroics, raids, some heroic raids.

Arenas, BGs

-Not being able to drag and drop pet abilities onto my action bars (yes, you can use macros, but it's less convenient when I want to move things around).
-Fights in which pets die or can't reach a boss frequently.
-Demonology stat weights. Haste, mastery and crit change in value depending on gear, such that I need Simulationcraft, a reforging site, and a reforging addon to determine how to gear. While I like that the mastery isn't a simple, constant damage boost, determining whether it's desirable depends on playstyle and is arduous to number crunch without the aid of programs that may or may not be functioning accurately.

-Turning into a big fiery demon, ripping extra-planar beings into Azeroth to do my bidding. Being way cooler than mages.

-Feeling like I absolutely have to spec Demo in my 10 man group. I love affliction, but demo has much better AoE and the SP buff is tremendous, especially if we don't have our shaman.

-I'd prefer that demonology's rotation didn't depend largely on trinkets. When the Moonwell Chalice is equiped, it's a DPS gain to wait to use metamorph until it is off cooldown. While delaying cooldowns is something I like for strategy, this seems to work against the design intent of Impending Doom, which is otherwise a neat talent.

Every spec gets the 10% SP buff, or affliction gets one that is comparable.

Rain of Fire, Enslave Demon, Soul Swap in PVE, Succubus and Voidwalker.

Edit: Ohmygosh I almost forgot to mention green fire. Please?
I focus on PVE. PVP lately has been unrewarding due to how dots work. I don't feel the same bang for my buck as I did back in previous expansions.

Heroic Raids are my main focus.

None at the moment.

Playing a warlock feels very simple and fun. The Soulstone change is a great addition to the game, however it would be nice to see more Soulburn effects to some nonused or often used spells.

Warlocks have the ability to do great amounts of AoE and single target damage, as well as a host of spells for defensive play and protection. Being a class that can do whats needed when it's needed is fun.

We lack a proper nuke ability for 2 of the 3 specs and the pet Demon Souls are lack luster and in some cases forgettable. Some pet abilities would be better if they were tweaked a little, such as devour magic also healing the warlock for an amount when dispelling.

Affliction and Demonology feel smooth and fun to play because of how the mechanics work. With Haunt resetting Corruption and Hand of Gul'dan resetting Immolate it makes it much simpler to focus on dealing damage and using cooldowns appropriately. Destruction is a mess however, with inconsistent timers and spell priorities that make little difference. Destruction should be able to either reset a dot cooldown or a build up mechanic that allows for a large hit when playing properly. (Chaos Bolt adds 1% more Conflagration damage, stacks x3?)

Destruction damage being brought up to a point of competition with Affliction and Demonology. Felguard being buffed to be the base pet for all occasions while Demo. Fel Hunter Demon Soul being buffed to allow a more noticeable damage boost. Destro and Demo both having a better execute spell or damage boost (Sub 25%?). Soul Fire does not hit hard and with Bloodlust is often replaceable with Shadowbolt when haste capped.

Drain Life, Shadow Ward, Voidwalker, Health Funnel, Demon Armor, Eye of Kilrogg, Enslave Demon.
PvP only

Battlegrounds mostly - I only do arena when I need points or get bored with BGs.

Not having to rely on a healer for competitive PvP would be nice. Also having some sort of protection against physical damage would help our survivability in a melee dominated world. This could maybe be done by bringing back Demon Skin as something similar to Iceblock (potential for cool animations!). Pet AI is in a very bad place and has lots of bugs which need addressing.

Class abilities. I've played other classes, even Shadow Priest, but I always come back to my warlock. I like the dark imagery that used to surround the class and would like to see it incorporated a little more somehow. Also Shadowfury is still my favorite ability in the game, please don't ever change it!

Lack of survivability and defense against melee classes. Also no base silence/interrupt ability. I understand that Fear can be used for this but it also presents its own risks. Outdated talent tree (Destruction). I dislike the lack of use for certain pets in certain specs. I remember when using a different pet meant a different play style, so I guess I would say I feel I'm being pigeon-holed.

As a Destruction Warlock, I feel very restrained in my rotation. If I can keep Immolate up (that's a big if) then I can use the hardest hitting talent - Conflagrate. When Immolate is not able to be kept up, I feel that Incinerate is my only consistent source of damage. Shadowbolt no longer has a place in Destruction PvP and as one of the major Destruction spells, I'd like to see some sort of use for it to allow it in my rotation. Its damage is sub par to Incinerate (Demon Soul Succubus only provides approximately 4% more damage) and the long cast time risks lockout from Fear.

-Green fire
-Demon flying form or mount
-Updated talent tree (Destruction)
-Soul Leech to include Incinerate (currently it only procs from a hard cast, a ten second cooldown, and an execute ability)
-More efficient/creative Prime Glyphs for Destruction. As we stand, we need to use two slots for a two second cooldown reduction on Conflagrate and Chaos Bolt. Its probably time that they both get a base reduction and a different glyph. Using two Prime Glyph slots for this doesn't make sense and really draws us back.
-Being able to enslave demons as perma pets. I haven't been able to use this ability since BC and would love to see some sort of practical application.
-Nether Ward as a base ability.
-Maybe having Shadowburn as a more effective execute
-I've seen a lot of locks talk about giving a burn mana effect when dispelling Immolate and believe this would be a positive change.
-Some sort of silence/interrupt as a base talent would go a long way.

-Shadowbolt, as I mentioned before.
-Searing Pain - this spell has long been the topic of discussion. It has no place in end game content considering its low damage and high threat in PvE. Also, having Improved Searing Pain in the talent tree is like adding insult to injury. Perhaps allowing movement while casting Searing Pain or having ISP increase damage by 50%/100% when talented and putting it on a reasonable cooldown could fix things.
-Curse of Weakness - this would be a great ability if it also reduced the attack speed for melee.
-Fel Flame - Keeping up Immolate is a task itself, being able to refresh the ability doesn't provide a practical use for the Destruction tree.
-Soulshatter - would love to see this ability have some sort of PvP application
-Demon Soul: Succubus - although I play with the Succubus daily, I can not think of any situation where this might be beneficial to use (As I mentioned before, it only provides a 3-4% increase in damage to SB compared to Incinerate and has a longer cast time).
-Bane of Havoc - I don't hear about PvE locks using this ability (could be wrong) however it is not practical as a PvP ability. Would possibly be useful if it could not be dispelled.

What type of content do you focus on? PvE only because i need both specs for PvE and dont want to waste time going back and forth respeccing

If PvE, what type of PvE? Mostly raids as dungeons seem only useful to gear up for them.

If PvP, what type of PvP? Normal BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? A few things, Soul harvesting will waste a proc outside of combat, when your guild is trying to make use of quick pulls wipe after wipe (trying to gain soul shards), you cant maximize your cds. Doomguards making demonology completely dependent on that spell will never be up for the next pulls. Pets are often bugged nerfing dps completely (Nef fight, legendary staff quest, flying fights such as alysrazor etc)

What makes playing your class more fun? This is probly the most fun class in the game, especially if you are demonology spec. The metamorphosis spell is amazing. Teleportation, TY ty ty. Also, soo many buttons in comparison to joke classes like mages, this makes it more of an accomplishment when we top the charts.

What makes playing your class less fun? Having to rely on pets for purges or interupts when travel time for them to switch targets will decrease dps in the process also. The soul shard business gets annoying as well. Rather than saving soulburn for spells that could increase dps I usually have to waste them for pets just because the lack of control they have, some times move pet to X wont even work.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? Affliction: its great, even with the way haunt is with travel time. Demonology: very very reliant on cds and luck but aoe rotation is amazing. Another big issue with demo is that demon soul and hard casting demons mid fight I find very clunky. Destruction: Even though I have read that this spec is the clunkiest I have found it to be the easiest and most forgiving.

What’s on your wish list for your class? In general i would really enjoy 2 pve specs and 1 pvp spec so I can enjoy both worlds. Having a way to regenerate soul shards in boss fights would be great or even having all cds off cool down if I release spirit and come back into the raid making specs more reliable on cds to be more viable during wipe nights. Pets, we have to use them to keep up with mages, boomys and shadow priests but i wish they're could be some button where they will follow you wherever your attacking (example is flying along side of you in Alysrazor). More utility in raids, like our only slow is a curse which wont even work. Soul Shatter needs shorter cd.

What spells do you use the least? Searing pain, i dont think i used it more than once. Ensalve demon most things were immune when i try it. I think Eye of Kilrogg is a bit outdated, I can only think it would be usefull in pvp IF you could see stealth players.
Both i love raiding and are attempting alsys after a brief break, I enjoy pvp but i only feel useful in 3s

Raids even the old school stuff mainly for reps and stuff but things like 2 manning naxx is fun

I do regular bgs and i hope to soon do rated bgs with my guild

Warlock pets skins all day ereday, lack of selection after soulburn

The aspect of being corrupt, selfish, and full of fel energies for the destruction of those who stand against you

see next question

so many buttons!!!!!!!! soooooo many buttons!!!!!!!!!!!

all i want for christmas is new pets skins
smoother rotation ( hardcasting soul fire/shadow bolt)

searing pain, banish, curse of weakness, enslave demon, hell fire, drain mana oh wait :p
Both.

Heroics, no luck finding a guild to raid in my server. But i sure raid when i can.

Battlegrounds the most, i did try arena but not performed my role well.

hmmm.. I playing since cataclysm release i really cant compare =/ But i heard that locks are suposed to keep a stock of soulshards in the bags, prolly this can be a improvement the actual shard system.

I really enjoy being mobile as Afflction in pvp and burning things in my way in pve with demo. The two coolest warlock things for me.

Keeping an eye at dots in different targets kinda sucks for me =/

I LOVE demo rotation, i really enjoy performing it. Affliction rotation is fun at pvp too (keeping pressure at healers is always fun and a special job) but destro rotation is too boring for keeping that improved soul fire buff.

> Less shadowbolt spamming, i really fell more cool with drain life. I understand the concept of hard cast sometimes, but we not have this already with haunt and unstable affliction?
>I barely choice to cast a burning soul + soul fire, unless the target is really low hp. If this move as a bit more powerfull...
>I never see a reason to cast "Sacrifice" of voidwalker, too low damage absorption.

Eye of killrog
Rain of Fire
Searing Pain
Summon Voidwalker
Summon Imp

Both

Heroics and Raids

A little of all.

I think we're pretty good for PvE. I play destro and don't particularly have any trouble staying in the middle of the damage meters.

In PvP. I don't really like the way Demon portal works. (As a warlock and as other classes). It requires setup before a fight. It seems terribly underpowered in some situations. Others it seems very overpowered (when there is elevation involved). I would rather have some temporary form of mitigation/freedom from movement impairing effects.

I love the way warlocks play now. Fel flame is fun (ignoring it's damage)

Lack of survivability in PvP (BGs in specific). I like the idea of Nether ward, but it's initial absorbtion is not a lot, and it doesn't help against physical damage.

I like the current Destro rotation. I play Affliction for serious PvP, Destro for not-so-serious PvP

-Mitigation/Survival cooldown
-Dispell protection for Immolate
-Chaos bolt that actually does go through anything. Maybe soul burn + chaos bolt = break anything?? (Such as bubble, ice block, etc)

PvE; 10m raiding, heroics, soloing old content
PvP; a bit of arena, usually random bgs

The way buffs affect DoTs is not exactly intuitive, nor is it particularly easy to notice without going outside the game for information; having this issue fixed eventually would be a wonderful quality of life improvement.

More damage obviously...

On a serious note, playing a warlock is more fun for me when I'm being challenged to use more of my skillset than just my damage rotation.

Having interesting spells nerfed for PvP viability (I'm looking at you, soul swap); I understand it was overperforming in both areas but there were more elegant solutions.

I liked it more with soul fire involved but it's less boring than it could be. (I play affliction)

Demonology becomes a tanking tree. Seriously.

Curse of weakness, curse of tongues, enslave demon, eye of kilrogg.

-Mostly PvE these days.

- Heroics, Raids, Questing, Old dungeon farming

- Affliction: Seems this spec needs its own nuke. Destro has Incinerate as a main nuke, Demo has Shadowbolt as a main nuke, and Affliction uses Shadowbolt as a main nuke. Now, I understand that seemingly the aim is Destro uses Incinerate, Affliction uses Shadowbolt, and Demo is kinda between with Shadowbolt as a main nuke and Incinerate taking the place as main nuke when Molten Core procs; in essence, Demo is in between with 2 main nukes, but if that's the angle Devs are looking at warlocks then Molten Core should probably proc more, since Shadowbolt still feels heavily as the main nuke of Demo; otherwise, Affliction needs a new nuke spell or Drain Life revamped to be practical as a nuke with far less self-healing. However, aside from that little pet-peeve I feel Affliction is in a really good place right now.

- Demonology: Firstly, it would be nice if felguard became the main pet for both AoE and single target when using this spec. It doesn't feel right that he's reduced to solely an AoE pet and Demon Soul buff provider. Secondly, I can't stress enough how nice it would be for summoned guardians (Doomguard/Infernal) to have a shorter cooldown while placing a 10 minute debuff on the caster when used to prohibit multiple uses during an encounter. As it stands, a warlock only has these guardians at their disposal every other pull on a progression boss, best case scenario; furthermore, I don't know how unbalanced the following would be, but it would be nice if both the Doomguard and infernal were on seperate cooldowns; thus, allowing the warlock to utilize an infernal for an AoE phase and Doomguard for a burn phase - this would obviously require both guardians to put seperate debuffs on the caster as well. As of right now, my infernal sees very little use; where as in T11 before the Doomguard was buffed, the infernal was the only guardian ever used due to Doomguard dealing very lackluster damage. Now the Doomguard deals very good damage which I'm very thankful for, but because the doomguard does such nice damage now, a fight has to be heavily centered around AoE to opt into the use of an Infernal and forego the damage output of the Doomguard. Lastly, Soulfire is a very weak execute spell; its damage output is almost equal to that of a shadowbolt (the only incentive to use Soulfire over Shadowbolt during execute being the haste buff). I would very much enjoy seeing Soulfire made into a much more appealing execute spell similarly to how awesome Drain Soul is for Affliction.

Destruction: Where to begin? This is quite possibly one of the most fun specs to play in the entire game due to how challenging and demanding the rotation of Destruction is. However while very fun to play, it is not fun to be destroyed in DPS/DamageDone by a class using 2-4 buttons, while you are using 8+ buttons. Furthermore, hard-casting Soulfire for Improved Soulfire is both annoying and not fun; ISF needs to last longer, and Soulfire needs a Destro mechanic implemented to reduce the cast time to acquire ISF (perhaps a mechanic that incorporates Searing Pain similar to how a Shadow Priest's Mind Spike builds up to a guarenteed Mind Blast crit? Except in regard to haste in this instance, obviously). Next, Chaos Bolt is VERY weak; this spell needs to hit harder (it being the bottom talent of the spec and all). This spec also needs another fire-based DoT to use instead of Corruption; Affliction only uses shadow-based DoT's, and Demonology uses both schools of DoT's (being the blend of both extremes: Fire - Destruction, Shadow - Affliction), but Destro is confined to also using both fire- and shadow-based DoT's which doesn't feel right. Perhaps a talent could be implemented that transforms Corruption into a fire-based DoT in the future? Overall for Destro being known as the "nuke" spec, many of the nukes don't hit very hard with the exception of Conflagrate.

- I enjoy being a caster with demons at my command. The overall lore behind warlocks is very good; we being the casters who embrace fel energies and dominate them to bend the demons to our will that scare everyone else.

- Overall, I thoroughly enjoy playing my class. I'd just like to see some of the above suggestions come to fruition.

What type of content do you focus on? PvE Raiding

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

Fear needs to be fixed. All the other CCs don’t agro mobs and fear shouldn’t either.

I would also like it if when you were ressed, the pet you last had active when you died was automatically resummoned, much like the non-combat pets are currently. Before every pull there is a checklist that needs to be adhered to including resummoning, eating a feast, putting Dark intent on someone, using soul link, using fel armour then you are finally ready. On my hunter, for example, i eat the feast and call my pet. Done and ready. It seems overly complex for locks. I would like to see the pet summoning much shorter or have the pet automatically summoned based on what you had out when you died.

I play demonology so most of my comments are primarily about that spec. The most fun I have is when metamorphosis is off CD and I can pop it, get into melee, use immolation aura then teleport out. Those few seconds where I am in demon form and hitting hard are a rush and loads of fun. I also like deciding the best time to use my doom guard. I would like to see the CD on doom guard reduced for demonology so it can be used multiple times in the fight.

Having to use a large number of spells to see the same output that can be achieved on other classes with far less effort. While I love the demonology ‘rotation’ and love the challenge of getting it right, it is quite disheartening to see other classes pull off similar or better performance with far less effort. The demonology lock has a huge amount of spellpower compared to other specs and yet it doesn’t feel like we are being empowered by our demons. It just feels like we are using shadow and fire spells and turning into a demon now and then.

I was thinking about demon form the other day and liked the idea that demon locks get a bar that is their ‘corruption’ meter which fills up as you deal damage or as you siphon demon power from your pet perhaps. When it reaches 100% demonic corruption, you cannot contain the power anymore and turn into a demon until it dissipates. That way it gives demon form a lore based reasoning and it can be a fun mechanic of building up your corruption as quickly as you can to proc your demon form. This way you can also add a new drain mechanic that increases the corruption bar and the entire spec would no longer feel like the bastard child of affliction and destro. It would have its own feeling and be quite unique. It would also be good if in execute you got to stay in demon form so perhaps whatever the drain is, you use it in execute and remain in demon form for the extra damage.

- I predominantly play Demonology and would like for the requirement of pet swapping to be removed a.k.a. making Felguard the primary pet of Demonology. Hard-casting Soulfire in Destro is not fun.

- Aside from the aforementioned, it would be fun to see minor glyphs added that change the color of our fire. It would also be fun if Demonology (being focused around mastery of demons) made it to where warlocks became capable of taming other demons. The demons would all be lumped into categories similar to the original demons i.e. a tamed Pit Lord would fill the role of a Void Walker, a tamed Wrathguard would be the same as a Felguard, etc. Furthermore, while these tamed demons would have abilities with different names, the abilities would mimic the abilities of the original demon i.e. a Wrathguard would have an AoE ability that functioned the same as Felstorm. These of course are just "fun" suggestions and not by any means demands.

- Searing Pain is by far the most underused warlock spell
- Curse of Agony sees very situational use - mostly when Bane of Doom won't have enough time to tick.
- Water Breathing is pretty much useless these days with the exception of glyphed swim speed increase.
How do you feel about your “rotation”?

The demonology spell priority is quite complex. Especially when ramping up initial damage on the pull. However, using soulfire as the execute spell doesn’t seem as amazing as it once did as it doesn’t feel like an execute due to the damage from it being rather lacklustre (even incinerate under an MC proc is better). During WOTLK, when you hit 35%, you got excited because you knew the big damage numbers were about to happen with soulfire but now 25% doesn’t feel like an epic finishing move but more yet another mid fight switch you need to manage. Drain soul is a far more exciting mechanic for an execute phase. Perhaps introducing a new drain spell for demonology like mentioned previously and giving it the same sort of ability of refreshing dots on the target like DS currently has would work well. As it is, soulfire feels like a reject from the destro tree.

I would like to see Warlocks become more distinctive, and move away from being similar to Mages. The big spell we got for Wrath was Teleport.... a derivative of Blink. The big spells we got for Cata were Dark Intent (Focus Magic) and Soul Harvest (Evocation). Even though all these spells have their uses and are even quite good, I personally would like to see warlocks go back to being the sinister and mistrusted casters. We have lost a lot of what made locks so interesting in the first place. I liked that we had to hide in the basements of buildings because the world didn’t like us being around. It made me feel like my character as to be feared.

I don’t like warlocks using fire spells as it makes them too similar to mages which is why I haven’t enjoyed playing Destruction since BC. It seems ridiculous that as you level a Lock you are shown all these cool shadow based spells and then after you hit 70, you are forced into using incinerate as a filler spell. If warlocks have to use fire spells, the fire should be FEL FIRE. It makes sense lore wise, it makes sense for the class and it is a change locks have been asking for.

Eye of Killrog, curse of weakness, curse of tongues (the short duration made it annoying to refresh in PvE), Searing Pain. Fel Flame (now that the t12 bonus is broken).
My problem with Warlocks overall is that there are just too many buttons on the screen, which makes the prospect of adding new moves in expansions a bit dizzying.

I'd like to see abilities condensed/merged somehow; here's some examples:
-Merging Fel and Demon Armor buffs into one and tweaking it from there
-Make Demonic Circle: Summon and Demonic Circle: Teleport ONE button that works in the same way Soul Swap and Soul Swap: Exhale do. You click the button once to summon the portal, and then the icon changes to Teleport until your Circle expires or is cancelled.

Those are just some examples for condensing.
Another problem I have is that Demonology's best pet is the Felhunter for all non-AoE fights; this is a class/spec identity issue I'd like to see addressed, as one of the main reasons you go Demonology SHOULD be for the unique Demon (the Doomguard).

Thanks
Afflic Lock here.

Mostly PvP now that I main raid on my Priest. I do like to PvE and look forward for the Raid Finder to be able to fill in Pug spots easier on alt raids. I prefer BGs over Arena (especially since Afflic Lock shines against multiple people but not so much single target PvP).

So far I am pretty happy with Afflic Lock (Always been Afflic, even since Vanilla when it was just, well, terrible. So because of this, I have no opinion of Dest or Demo).

As far as changes:

1) I like Drain Soul as an execute, but I think it was overnerfed. It needed a nerf, but I think it got hit too hard.

2) I would prefer something aside from shadowbolting. I know everyone says drain life, and I agree it could work. I just know it would be hard to balance that around PvP and I do not want it's PvP use to be destroyed in order to make it a viable main attack in PvE. Maybe make it be Drain Soul always with Shadbolt on Nightfall/Corrupt Glyph procs only. Like make the instant proc be 2x dmg so it is good to use then but buff Drain Soul so it is better otherwise. I like the idea of Shadbolting once in a while for a burst, but I feel like Affliction should be about draining away the foe's life/soul. I'm not saying that is the best route, but if Shadow Bolt remains in the Dest tree, it just doesn't FEEL right to be Afflic's filler spell.

3) Soul Burn works WONDERFULLY in PvP. Those sped up teleports or Health-increasing Healthstones rock. I just feel like it doesn't do much of anything in PvE. Maybe it does for Dest and Demo, not sure. Overall, I am OK with that. I am not one that thinks every spell needs to be used by every class or in every environment. If all it does is give me a 50% cast time DL after a huge aoe to help out the healers, then fine by me. You won't see me casting incinerate or immolate either. Although I kinda miss that lil fire we did back before UA/Immo exclusivity.

4) Siphon life to 100% chance of 1% heal instead of 50% chance 2% heal. I want to know that thing will always slowly heal me up. I still miss how amazing it was when it healed for dmg done and not %.

I just want to point out that my main is a Disc Priest in Cata and this is now my alt. While I like the state of Afflic Lock overall, most of the changes from WotLK to Cata made it less fun imo. (Aside from Soul Swap and SBurn Seed). Afflic's amazing self healing took a huge hit with Drain Life and Siphon Life heal nerfs. It was prob needed, but it wasn't fun. On the other hand, I raved about how well the Disc changes were from WotLK to Cata.

So maybe take note of how people prefer buffs over nerfs and how it affected my choice of main raider this xpac. So maybe instead of nerfing a class (and there was a lot done to Afflic PvP surv), just come up with better ways to buff the others (smite healing ftw). I know that can spiral out of control, so be careful when designing the classes to begin with. A huge buff only to have to taken down a ton is more annoying than nothing at all in many cases. Letting my drain life and siphon life scale with so much dmg done and healing me for huge % of my health (mid WotLK) only having it reduced to something I barely notice is annoying.

Overall, I like Afflic and it is by far my favorite dps class to play. Now Ele shaman on the other hand...
PvE Primarily.

Raids mostly.

i usually do random BGs

I appreciate the new soul shard system, but it really dosnt feel right when done in a raid encounter.

I really enjoy Destro, and the whole fire and brimstone feel it has

Destro has terrible DPS. lol, and the soul shard system seems lacking

For destro I love it its got a good rhythm and isnt all about refreshing DoTs

the only thing i wish is that destro would be more powerful. it sucks when i get into a raid and in affliction I would be pulling 22k but in destro im capping at 19k if im lucky. everyone always tells me to just go affliction, but i like destro so i stay destro and handle the hatred directed my way.

I would say eye of killrog but i find it fun and use it sometimes. just like hunter eagle eye and shaman far site . other than that i would have to say i use. enslave demon almost less than killrog now. only ever used it in BC *edit* and searing pain. i have yet to find a usefull reason to have this anywhere near my bars