Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Prev 1 2 3 76 Next
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic five mans. I'm far too poor a player to raid.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Occasional non-rated BGs.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Overall, I think destruction is in a pretty good place for the stuff I do.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Love the rotation.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Nothing I can really think of. I really think destruction is well done, and fun to play.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Again, I think destruction has a really good rotation, and I hope it won't be changed.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

That it doesn't get changed much.

■What spells do you use the least?

Eye of Killrogg
What type of content do you focus on? PvP

If PvE, what type of PvE? occasionally i raid

If PvP, what type of PvP? Bgs, Rated Bgs if anyone on my server would do them

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? not having bags full of soul shards was an improvement

What makes playing your class more fun? kiting/los'ing melee. i hop on my dk or ret when i want to see big crits but i love the survivability and damage i put out as affliction.

What makes playing your class less fun? getting rolled by death knights. i tore through a full ruthless lock last night. we both had cooldowns and he had no port up. my deathknight had 0 ruthless last night....and not even full vicious. the damage they pump out is ridiculous.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) i raid occasionally. i preferred the drain life filler but the new set bonuses made that build obsolete.

What’s on your wish list for your class? new or improved uses for soulburn. someone suggested that demon soul be spec specific above. i think that is an awful idea. i like being able to pick which pet to have out for each situation. obviously i am usually using my felhunter for pve/pvp but demon soul for vw is great when soloing. i wouldn't want to change specs every time i wanted a new demon soul effect. summoning a new pet is much more convenient.

What spells do you use the least? searing pain. eye of kilrogg....used it once in a rated bg before my computer could handle ultra distance settings
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

-PVP

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

- I don't always do PVE, but when I do, I choose Heroics.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

- Everything

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

- The change to soul shards in Cata was much appreciated. Also 2 problems that I see often in rated matches (RBG's and Arenas): First it is sometime impossible for me to regenerate soul shards in a match, I will get ooc and start channeling Soul Harvest but only health will be gained. Second it happens often that when I respawn I will get a Imp as a default demon when I died with my Felhunter. This is very annoying because I have to take the time to hard cast summon my demon (or waste a shard, even though I'm not sure if I'll have a refund during the match) before assisting my partners.

What makes playing your class more fun?

- Affliction: I love the control we have with fear and the possibility to spread damage over a few targets at a time.

What makes playing your class less fun?

- It is way too hard to face melee opponents. In a 1v1 situation against a melee it is very painful to get rid of them. You may fake cast fears but a lot of them will have a "panic" button to use if their kick is on CD (Lichborne, AMS, CoS, Berseker Rage or pure stuns/incapacitates). Also, unless you fight in a place with some height, the use of teleport won't change much to your situation due to the gap closers most melee classes have.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

- I love affliction rotation. Takes some time to set up but you won't be looking for you 15 buttons to press on every 5 seconds. The other specs though seems complicated enough...

What’s on your wish list for your class?

- A summonable flying mount. Another form of CC that is won't get into Fear's Diminishing return (how about you give us one of the mage's cone? I'd love a root or a disorient instead of a snare to Shadow Flame...). Oh, and put shadow flame on a dual school like Fel Flame, I hate that the only button I can press (actually worth pressing, as Affliction) when spell locked is that little inoffensive spell.

What spells do you use the least?

- Summon Voidwalker, no real use to have one out.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]\

PvE, i used to pvp a lot in wrath but havent since cataclysm

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Mostly Heroics and some raids (i play affliction mostly)

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

random BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

1) excessive ramp up time (mainly due to shadow embrace talent) - my burst is garbage on trash mobs and in any situation where adds need to be burned down quickly

2) Pet Utility- I need to choose which pet to have out for certain abilites - for example in pvp i either need to choose between the felhounds silence or the blueberry's shield, meanwhile shadow priests get both without having to make that decision. Id also like to be less reliant on pets to do damage

3) No emergency defensive damage reduction ability - Mages get iceblock, Shadow Priests get dispersion, warlocks have nothing. This would be great on fights like baleroc or majordomo where i could help out healers taking less damage on big incoming expected raidwide hits - also warlocks cant get away from melee in pvp

4) Having to switch to demonology for aoe or trash or to bring the much desired Demonic Pact buff

5) Getting owned by melee in pvp

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Bringing unique abilities to the raid like summons, healthstones etc... that other classes dont have

Being the only warlock in raids (warlocks are so rare i've found that im always the only one in the raid)

Burn phases where i do more damage and get to use drain soul

■What makes playing your class less fun?

The quality of life issues listed above
Constantly having to move during fights
Having to rely on cooldowns to do competitive dps
Knowing that other classes can do just as much, if not more dps with a lot less effort
Relying on Pets for utility and damage

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I hate the excessive ramp up times and the fact that other classes do more damage while having fewer buttons to push and fewer abilities to keep track of (mages spamming AB)

A defensive damage reduction cooldown ability similar to iceblock or dispersion
Remove the shadow embrace talent
An ability that lets you do more damage by sacrificing your pet since id rather not have to deal with pets
More dots being instant cast since now you have to move in almost every encounter
Making soulburn useful for affliction

■What spells do you use the least?

Drain life since it was nerfed, eye of kilrog, enslave demon, soul shatter (theres no need since warlock damage is never high enough to pull aggro)
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Mostly Raiding

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Soul Shard count. At 3, in many instances it is not possible to replenish them for a long period of time.

* What makes playing your class more fun?
I like the more challenging classes when it comes to performance, warlocks are definitely one of the more challenging classes.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
All 3 specs use too much of the same spells. Most hybrid get completely different sets inbetween specs, why shouldn't pures be the same?

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I love demonology. The only thing I do not like about it is that the Moonwell chalice goes against the Impending doom design. Hard casting pet swaps isn't something I enjoy much either.

I am fine with soul fire as an execute, but it should be included in impeding doom. I fine myself not using it often when shadowbolts could get my Metamorphosis off cooldown when it's close to coming up.

As Destro, we need more instant Soul Fire procs for fights that have heavy movement reuqirements. Soul fire being included in Backdraft would be fantastic.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

Felguard brought up to par with the Felhunter for demonology. Demonology is the only spec in the game that does not use a signature ability full time.

Shadowfury and shadowburn needs to scale with mastery and do proper damage for their CDs.

A defensive cooldown at the cost of losing demon armour would be fantasti, orr make Netherward baseline.

* What spells do you use the least?

Searing Pain, hands down. It serves no purpose.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• I focus mainly on pve, though I do occasionally enjoy pvp
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• All content, achievement hunting and raiding when I have the time
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds with my guildies and friends. I dont't like the extreme competitiveness of arenas, players that spend too much time learning to exploit the smallest things for an advantage in such a small setting
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Soulburn should have additional effects with more spells, I feel like I end too many fights without ever using shards
    I don't like hearing that my destro 31 point talent isn't my most powerful spell, I sometimes catch the numbers from its impact and it seems to do about the same numbers I see incinerate hit for. It doesn't mean I don't use it nor am I competitive because of it but it feels disappointing.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?

• Having a rotation/priority system that flows, not having to juggle debuffs and personal buffs/procs
  • What makes playing your class less fun?

• effectively the opposite of the above. Early improved soul fire that didn't refresh when a new soul fire hit is a great example and that was fixed. Now I don't have to do the math iin my head of do I hold this imp proc or start hard casting to clip the end of the ISF buff
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Destro is pretty smooth, it would be nice to see immolate auto refresh but that could be a dps loss from the loss of the upfront impact. Something could auto refresh corruption but that seems out of line for destro. I think really the true issue is remembering to update corruption, I get myself in the habit of putting the button next to immolate to hit when the global is available
    Affliction is very simple, dots up, haunt out, refresh UA and haunt, spam shadowbolt til 25 percent then soul drain and call it a day
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?

• More soulburn abilities. A debuffing and dotting demon. Metamorphisis loses the stance bar on the ui. Female metamorphisis model. Alternate demon graphics/looks. Drain mana back (very disapointed with the loss)
  • What spells do you use the least?

• Depends on the spec and situation. I do make use of fel flame while moving, I don't seem to use demonic teleport though unless its a specific fight I can abuse it on.

PvE.

Raids.

BG's when I do occasional PvP.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

No Issues. Soul Shards though not that big of deal is an improvement I like. More bags, no "running out on wipes".

I can't name one thing about the class that makes it more fun then others. Its just something I can't really name that makes warlocks more fun. I've tried all classes by of the pet, dot, and caster classes I prefer warlocks.

Demonology is my favorite spec so it is likely just the demons, the story, and all the stuff with them.

The way soul shards sort of became irrelevant makes the class less fun.
Guardian pets not being able to be used every attempt
Having to many situational use spells or things that need key binds.
Demons really being to situational without being equal.
Felguard, "the" demonology pet being only an AoE tool.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Demonology: I hate the idea of pet swapping and that is the only thing I would change about those rotations. I don't mind having to time meta, demon soul, and trinkets. But I think having to switch a pet as part of a rotation is bad.

Other then that Demonology is perfect. Hand, Immolate, Doom, Corruption, with incinerates and soulfires is an awesome rotation. Enough to get used to without to many complications or something you can just spam one button. Though Shadow flame takes care of this when in melee.

I could see maybe one other spell thrown in to give a random variable but only if it can be worked out to be differently then Molten Core and not be to complicated.

Affliction: I like it, no real thoughts as I don't play it much

Destruction: Last time I tried this out was towards the end of t11. I didn't like the rotation as it seemed like there were to many things to watch and to many things to key bind in order to do right, with little pay off in the long run. I just really like the demonology rotation where you have 1 situational proc, 1 execute proc, 1 refresh a dot, and 2-3 dots/debuffs to keep up. Anything more then that gets troublesome when moving, switching targets, doing "special mechanics" for the fight.

Demon customization.
Demon taming/binding (Like hunters have so each patch some new/interesting Demon challenges could be added. Like spirit beasts and molten front spiders/critters were added for hunters)

Soul Shards moved into a holy power like system or something different then they are now. They just are to minor for something that used to be a core mechanic and something that is still a core or "signature" concept of warlocks.

Soulburn
Fel Flame (Don't want it changed or removed as it is great for low level farming or doing enough damage so your pet doesn't kill lower level stuff thus removing your ability to loot)
Demon leap I'm usually already in melee when I pop meta and its useless. Times it would be useful meta is on cooldown or it is stupid to pop meta just to use it.

That is pretty much it for "combat" spells. Eye of Kilrogg I rarely use, would be nice if it could be made more fun. Other spells are situational but I'm fine with them being so (teleport would be nice if creating it was instant base line) situational that it isn't a problem. (VW/Succubus are situational)

• Both.
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • Raids, some heroics. Destro and affliction..
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • All 3.. and WORLD PvP - bring it back too nonexistent now :(
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Being a clothie kind of sucks sometimes, but I have had tons of fun as a lock since Pre-BC.. nothing I don't love about locks
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • Destro is great, love it. Affliction pretty nice.
  • WARLOCK FLYING MOUNT!!!
  • Drain Mana, control demon

Fav class and I have been playing a lock as main since pre-BC. I'd love to see a warlock Flying mount. And non-class feedback I have to say I'd love to see world pvp become possible again, and something like pre-bc av would be epic. Nothing in PvP to this day compares to old av and world pvp.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] pve/mild pvp

hard mode raids
rated bgs 3's
shadows embrace being a personal buff
being a evil warlock and dots
shadows embrace when switching targets
I feel good about it
shadows embrace being a personal buff and more soul burn abilities for affliction
fel flame

- PvE, PvP, Both, adventuring and random fun.

Heroics, Raids, and adventuring. Making gold and looking fashionably well.

Arenas, BGs, and RBGS. I like to lead them all (as I do raiding), but I preference in hunting alliance in the world.

(# of Stars* = The more I would like)

***** - Personal Summon: Either on a hearthstone cool-down or something similar. I would like to be able to summon EX: my brother to my location for whatever needed, without requiring two people. Mages can port anywhere, why can't we have this one thing?*****

***** - More side effects and additional effects to our DoTS to make us more unique. Bane of Doom had a gorgeous addition of the Ebon Imp, more spells should be like this.*****

***- More reason to use other curses on mobs, more effects to make it more interesting.***

***** - a Snare to Curse of Exhaustion. Hunters get snares in their frost, why can't we?

*** - Less reliance on pets and keeping warlocks more self sustainable. (Such as granting more use to drain life and recovering life). Blood Death knights do it, why can't we?***

- Soul shard change
- Some new spells like Bane of Dooms Ebon IMP. That's it though, nothing else has made me enjoy my class compared to the way it was before.

- The Curse of Exhaustion nerf
- The fact that every class has our spells, but better. (Warrior fears, Priest fear immunity and dots of insane damage, other classes have better silences, and more B.S.)
- The Fel Hunter auto dispell nerf. That was ridiculous.
********- YOU TOOK AWAY DRAIN MANA. Unforgivable. I used this efficiently.*******
- Drain Life and Fel Armor change. I liked my sustainability.
and more.

- All three specs are manageable.

- More uniqueness to Curses and additional effects on spells to make Warlock DoTs and spells feel more consequential to enemies. (Such as the silence on UA, the imp on Bane, the heal on Corruption).
- Old Fel Armor
- A snare on Curse of Exhaustion (after #time effect procs)
- Give Drain Mana back or make UA burn mana as it ticks.
- PERSONAL SUMMON (x1)
- More escape from Melee and Stuns/Slows
- A personal Silence or a change so the fel hunters can match the mages.
- A NEW DOT OR DOT EFFECT that can ALSO be soul Swapped.
- Bonus effects to spells. Like conditional spells.
(Example: If Curse of Exhaustion is on the target for 5 seconds, the target will be snared for 1 second. *****Curse of Weakness stacks x5 over time.***** Curse of tongues acts like Chains of Ice, but on spell casting.)
*****- Soul Burn: Corruption should do something.*****

What spells do you use the least? <strong/>

- I use all my spells when needed. Not a single spell is NOT used.

EDIT: Yes, a FEMALE DEMON FORM model please. Too many transgender demons. >.>

AND YES Something I've always wanted; Custom Demon naming or Taming.

EDIT: I'd play destruction if I could keep my instant fear.
What type of content do you focus on? Both PvE and PvP
If PvE, what type of PvE? Progression Raiding
If PvP, what type of PvP? Light arena/rated BG's, and random BG's
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

By far the top is pet bugs and issues: bugs include despawns which are not supposed to happen, issues include despawns which might be "working as intended" but cause a massive pain (flying on alysrazor, for instance).

Second would be doomguard not available every fight; I understand the 10m CD but suggestions have been made as to how to get by that. Another option would be to make the CD for spells such as doomguard and time warp/heroism reset on death, but not CD for reincarnation.

What makes playing your class more fun? Excellent damage and survivability. PvP is a challenge with balancing pressure while still staying up.

What makes playing your class less fun? Improved soul fire. Refreshing dots for buffs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Affli/destro rotations are decent; destruction needs a fix with improved soul fire (so clunky).

What spells do you use the least? Searing pain. Enslave demon (great concept, absolutely poor execution so it has no use aside from fun). Eye of Kilrogg is a fun spell but not useful in a serious environment.

What’s on your wish list for your class? (I put this last since it builds off all the others).

1) Improved soul fire fixed to make destruction require less of a hardcasted, screwy buff (for instance, on ragnaros the buff won't refresh totally unless casted with 5 sec remaining).

2) DoT ticks updated based on buffs held (meta and doomguard continue to snapshot). Stacking CD's is still more effective, but you don't have to refresh for every proc/CD.

3) Pet bugs are fixed; pets have an increased range before despawn.

4) Searing Pain (absolute garbage) is just nixed, and Soulburn and Improved Searing Pain are replaced with talents that help underperforming classes (I'm looking at replacing Improved Searing Pain with a PvP talent; perhaps Immolate dispel protection).

5) Allowing doomguard to be created every encounter - perhaps reset all CD''s except Ankh when a boss encounter is initiated, or do the "Summoning Sickness" debuff idea without it resetting on a combat rez.

6) Voidwalker should be a better tank.

6) [long-term wishlist] Make Enslave Demon a useful spell with "demon taming" classes; expand the warlock "minion library" past current demons. Make Demonology into a hybrid tank-spec similar to Ferals, with Demon Form being permanent; or make Voidwalker a more viable tank similar to Hunter Pets. I love the potential in this class, if (I'm sure others can say the same sometimes) the more useless artifact spells are reworked/removed and replaced with something contributing overall to quality of play.
PvE

Heroic Raids

Summon guardian cooldown is quite long, being at 10 minutes. Often it is not available if used on a previous attempt on a boss at a time when I would want to use it the most.

Being ranged dps. The utility it offers through buffs (curses, dark intent), soul and health stones.

Having to manage mana and health in a raid environment via life tap. Having what seems to be low aoe capabilities.

They seem pretty solid. For me personally, affliction could use haunt's cooldown to be reduced by 1 second making it a 7 second cooldown with a 12 second debuff as is. Travel time makes haunt at 8 seconds seems a bit awkward at some moments in a raid environment. For demonology I think it's pretty solid as well. Felhunter is probably a bit too good. Having to manage summon Felguard and demon souling, then going back to felhunter is a bit awkward, but learnable, but it's only really used in pretty ideal situations when able to. With summon guardian being really good for demonology, it being on a 5 min cooldown usable once per encounter would possibly be helpful. As of now, I am not sure what an impact a 10 min cooldown guardian has on a 10+ min encounter, so having a 5 min cooldown
may not be that good anways.

Shorter cooldown on Summon Guardian, possibly once an encounter.

For pve, shadow ward in firelands. I took it off my action bar and replaced it with a cancel aura macro. I think there is an ability that lets you like enslave a demon mob, but I have never used it so I don't know.
PvE and lower level PvP 1800-2200 area

Heroic 25 Raids

Mainly 2v2, some 3v3

Slow SE stacking on second targets, Shadow bolt requiring 2 3 point talents, Mana cost \ cast time on pets. Demon Soul being based on pets instead of spec, this leads to multiple cases were pet swapping during fights becomes a dps increase and doing so isn't supported by talents very well.

The amount of abilities we have at our disposal. Knowing when to use them efficiently and correctly can really separate good warlocks from bad ones.

Very little utility compared to some classes these days, gaining a real brez was nice except for there is almost no occasion were you don't have enough these days. But compared to other classes that still have some ability that can be used to benefit the raid sometimes (smoke bombs, ring of frost, frost trap, chillbains, wild mushrooms, aoe sprint, bloodlust, Lay on Hands, Life Grip) Warlocks for the most part are just a dps slot, and can't really do a whole lot to make a strat work better.

Affliction is getting pretty dull from were it was at the start of wrath, and even at the start of cata. In terms of specs I feel that affliction is the dot spec, demo is the CD spec, and destro is the nuke spec. Destro gets an extra cd nuke and demo gets an extra CD, but affliction doesn't get an extra dot making the spec seem a bit watered down.

Demo is too reliant on meta at times and is pretty cumbersome when on a fight you have to move a lot, but otherwise is a pretty solid spec

Destro's ISF talent is just way too bulky to be fun. The original 15% haste it gave made it feel a lot less bulky. Otherwise the rotation and utility seem to be the most fleshed out of any of the specs. BoH is great, Nether Ward \ Protection is great, Shadow Fury is great.

Affliction -
Drain Filler, maybe with a glyph to increase damage \ lower healing
More DoTs, less SE- Multi dotting would be a lot more fun with 1-2 less stacks of SE to manage, and 1-2 more Dots.
Soul Swap - Move it to a 2 minute cd that also moves SE stacks.

Demo -
Do something with demon soul so pet swapping isn't a dps increase, its a lame style of play.
Meta - Give the ability to move while casting to this CD, this will help demos movement ails a bit.
Buff Decimation - Nerf Doomguard, currently decimation is barely a DPS increase, and not having Doomguard up is just too large of a dps hit.

Destro -
Make soul fire do less damage, and have a faster cast time if ISF is up. Make soulburn soul fire, empowered imp proc Soul Fire!, so it is unaffected by the damage nerf ISF would give. Or make searing pain keep the buff up.
Make shadowburn a fire spell \ do more damage.

Eye of Guldan, Shadow ward, Searing Pain

• I mainly do raiding: casual, non-heroic. I do some PvP, some arenas with friends and my wife, some battlegrounds for gear. I PvP maybe 25% as much as I raid/dungeon crawl.

• The soul shard change was a very nice improvement over having to manage 30+ inventory objects. I really feel that they did not live up to the hype. It was stated that blowing a shard was supposed to feel like a big, crucial moment. Demonology has only started to live up to that standard, and it's really only because of the Moonwell Chalice. (Using the MWC on CD with Metamorphosis + Felguard Demon Soul makes it a best in slot trinket for Demo Locks. But the rest of the time, you want to have a Felpuppy out. So you end up using all your soul shards to swap pets, just before and just after a metamorphosis.)

This make Demonology damage peter out towards the end of the fight as you run out of shards to swap with (the 5 second summon is enough of a dps drop that it becomes a loss without a shard to soul burn). And even then, using a shard doesn't really cause anything. You don't get enormous damage from the shard, so the shard itself really feels more like an obstacle than an enabler.

For Affliction and Destruction, Soul Shards are even less exciting. As Destro, you're just juggling proc uptime from soul fires (again, the soul fire itself is really weak). As Affliction, the only time it's even worth using a shard (aside from pet death) is to AoE with Seed of Corruption. The drain life thing is mediocre and a Soul Fire is weaker than haunt or shadowbolt.

• Demonology hasn't lived up to its goal of being able to squeeze by with any demon. At least now you have a reason to use more than one pet, so kudos there. But the difference in pet damage is still great enough that it completely outweighs pet utility.

Being able to change the appearance of pets (even just swapping to other preexisting demon npc models/skins) would be a huge addition to the class. I like that we have the ability to change our pets names, so thank you for that, but I've never used it. I would much rather be able to pull out a mouth-in-chest Burning Crusade demon, or modify the infernal to be one of the red Sunwell demons than switch my Felgaurd between Sharoon, Pharoon, Hathoon etc.

More felguard names please.

PvP is quite fun. I don't understand the people who say they aren't effective. I only have trouble when more than one person is focusing on me, but I've never seen a class for whom that isn't true (discounting full immunities, but fear bomb trumps that imo). My guess is that the people who feel underpowered in PvP are the ones whose favorite spec isn't affliction.

• Pet AI. The assist stance is really nice, but it is quite clunky, especially with the pets propensity for standing in fire (I'm thinking of the Demon being banished in the magma pool in Firelands and the Alysrazor fight - multidotting is really nice for increasing DPS on that fight, but it make the pet run wild). Having a manual attack command override the assist functionality until dead, or just delay it from switching for a 10 seconds longer would be really nice.

Oh, being tied to the Lash of Pain glyph for DPS in T11 was very not fun, espeically when the Legion Strike glyph didn't take the Felguard anywhere near the Succubus dps.

The disappearing pet bar thing is really annoying. I know we're not supposed to ask for responses, but an ETA on that would be really nice.

• I like the spell rotation for Affliction and Demonology, haven't had enough experience with the Destruction spec this expac to comment. Demonology should be able to get more from its pets and be less reliant on using the highest DPS pet.
Last 2 questions because I exceeded the limit:

• Using soul burn for an instant soul fire actually causing a noticeable uptick in dps.

A bigger increase in execution phase dps for Demonology. Decimation is really weak and makes me long for the WotLK version. I really liked having Soul Fire have the same cast time as shadow bolt but increasing its damage instead of the haste.

• Searing Pain, Rain of Fire (think it's still not as good as SoC even for Destruction AoE), Enslave Demon (would be really cool to get this tied to changing our pet skins). There haven't been any ranged tanking fights this expansion, would be nice to see an option for one or two of those. I understand it's probably pretty hard to balance with all the other concerns going into 10/25 balance.

Edit: I like Eye of Kilrogg, please don't remove it :-( If anything, I would like to see it expanded. Make it able to set a demonic circle teleport would be really cool. Or make a Soul Burn before casting it move the warlock with the eye for a period of time (maybe reduce it's duration to 20s?)
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] raids/heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] arena/bgs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. pets bugging out and having to be resummoned. easily killed by melee in pvp.

■What makes playing your class more fun? I always liked mages in other mmos/rpgs but not many had the demonic twist as a warlock in wow, warlocks in other games are usually necromancers or whatever, so having the choice to feel like a mage with the demonic lore etc was awesome.

■What makes playing your class less fun? being forced into Demo for a lot of fights, affliction is fun though.

Affliction: its fine how it is, DoT upkeep while nuking is fun.

edit: one problem, fix haunts travel time, or make it apply the debuff to the target as soon as you cast it, like you did with avenger's shields silence.

Demo: boring imo, get your 3 set up spells on the boss then pop cooldowns and spam 1 1 1 1 1 2, 3 if you get molten core to proc.

destro: i actually like the complex rotation of destruction, dot upkeep while keeping improved soul fire up while nuking, ISF could go with a little bit of a duration buff so warlocks who arent as talented as high end raiders can still be somewhat competative.

Affliction:honestly this spec is fine, it has one of the highest representations in high end pvp and pve.

Demo: make the rotation a little less boring, spamming shadowbolt 24/7 isnt that great its like an arcane mage but worse

edit: put summon infernal and summon doomguard on a 5 minute cooldown with a 10 minute debuff, like time warp or heroism/bloodlust, the cooldowns would be usable for all boss fights after a wipe or whatever, but if you didnt wipe you wouldnt be able to use them twice in a fight unless the fight is 10mins+

destro: this spec needs a ton of help in pvp and pve. In pve, the Improved soul fire buff should last a bit longer, or be easier to apply. AoE for destro needs to be buffed, maybe make burning embers proc off of rain of fire? Chaos bolt hits for less damage than incinerate, our 31 point talent...hits for less, than a level 64 trained ability, yes it casts faster, but its on a cooldown and is our final talent point. Conflagrate is underwhelming, 60% of immolate? atleast give us the dot damage back for the extra 40% or make it do 80% total or something. Corruption in the rotation, i realize you are trying to keep warlocks as a DoT class, but having a shadow spell in a spec that is all about fire is bad, maybe put in a talent to make corruption deal its damage as fire or shadowflame, do the same with shadowburn. One more thing is fel flame, i realize its supposed to be used to keep UA or Immolate up but felflame is really only used while moving, doing sub par damage, take out the improved searing pain talent and replace it with improved fel flame, making it like fingers of frost for frost mages, when the talent procs, fel flame does 300% increased damage, just like the t11 tier set 4 piece bonus. This will make fel flame more useful in pve and pvp. In pvp my only concern is dispel protection, a lot of destructions damage relies on immolate being on the target, which is easily dispelled. My suggestion would be some backlash damage like unstable affliction for when immolate is dispelled, make it so your next conflagrate doesnt need immolate on the target to be cast, and reset the cooldown on it, or actually make it proc backlash.

Tame new demons, like a hunter tames pets, in a new expansion or something make a ton of new roaming demons that locks can enslave :) do it. do itttttttt

■What spells do you use the least? eye of kilrogg, because this expansion has pidgeonholed us into staying in org/stormwind, and theres nothing exciting to explore with it anymore.

enslave demon: theres no demons to enslave anymore, i remember using this a lot in the burning crusade expansion, now theres nothing :( bring back world demons to enslave!
PVE

Dungeons (and raiding in 4.1, but swapped to a healer in 4.2 because being a warlock is less fun than it used to be).

Cleaning up the spells, talents and rotations to get rid of the terrible mechanics. Also to make the various pets actually have real uses so that I might summon my voidwalker for the first time in well over a year.

Being able to use a varied stable of demons.

Extremely poor pet AI. Extremely poor encounter design for pet classes. Very weak spells (DoTs and Nukes) propped up by uber-damage from a pet.

Dark Intent - why on earth should my damage be based on having another character of the appropriate class (and who never dies or gets dispelled) with a long ramp up time?

Affliction - Shadow Embrace is a terrible oversight, a historical relic that has somehow survived. It needs to go away. Drain Life should be a better filler choice. Better UI tools should be available for juggling DoTs on multiple foes, if that is how Affliction warlocks are supposed to DPS encounters.

Demonology - Pet switching and hard-casting summons to make use of Demon Soul is very counter-intuitive and extremely annoying. The "execute" portion of the rotation can be ignored with very little dps impact. Moving into and out of melee range for various spells is also odd. CD way too long on Doomguard/Infernal. Doing stupid amounts of damage for brief periods of time, then low damage between spikes, is not a lot of fun and can severely punish DPS if some encounter events prevents making full use of Meta.

Destruction - Improved Soulfire needs to go. It has been poorly implemented from the get go, and I cannot understand what stubbornness has kept it off the scrapheap. Searing Pain still has 2 talents related to it, and these have been absolute dead talents since the start of Cataclysm - that just reeks of neglect.

Overall - 1) Fear becomes like other CC's; 2) Dark Intent eliminated; 3) CDs reduced below 10 minutes; 4) Teleport instant/cast while stunned; 5) Pet UI returned - maybe an option to dismiss pets and increase own damage if encounter designers continue to ignore the existence of pet classes; 6) Soulstone on a 10 minute CD; 7) give the Voidwalker and Succubus purpose again.

Affliction - 1) Shadow Embrace done away with; 2) Drain Life as Filler; 3) Siphon Life back as a DoT; 4) better DoT UI availability; and 5) for the love of Pete, just decide what you want Soul Swap to be already and how it will function instead of constant changes.

Destruction - 1) Improved Soulfire gone; 2) Searing Pain talents eliminated; 3) Make Chaos Bolt hit like a real CD 31 point spell.

Demonology - 1) Felguard, Felguard, Felguard - make him not suck; 2) Meta - damage spikes reduced and made longer, or greatly reduced and permanent form, I dislike spending 30% of the fight in god mode and 70% in "boy is your dps low" territory; 3) Soulfire should be a real execute, and not a potentially marginal damage increase; 4) Two way teleport or leap so Demo warlock can leap into melee range, and back out once melee range spells are cast.

Eye of Kilrogg
Searing Pain
Shoot Wand
Health Funnel
Summon Voidwalker
Summon Succubus
Fel Flame
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Hard mode raiding

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

1++) 10minute pet summon, often between wipes this is up only every other pull, which especially penalizes demonology. Could this be like a heroism mechanic? 5minute cooldown, but 10minute debuff preventing the summon? hmm >.>

1) Demonology requires 2 pet swaps for each metamorphosis to maximize dps due to the way that demon soul works (based off pet). I find the idea of it being based off pet's appealing on some level, but I know people complain about it greatly.

2) I don't need more dots or complex rotations, our priority lists are literally twice as long as some other classes (i.e. hunter).

3) Destruction's long cast improved soul fire is pretty worthless and inconvenient.

4) Drain life spec was pretty neat, is there a way to bring something like that back? The reasons for dropping it were "we want you to have a cast time main nuke", yet shadow priests use mind flay - a channeled main nuke. If the issue is us not being like shadow priests then I can understand, but affliction is already a more complex version of s-priest in many ways. PS: I understand that drain life spec is actually still semi-viable, and will do similar or greater damage than destruction in firelands gear. I suppose it's just out of the limelight.

# What makes playing your class more fun?

I do enjoy that this class is more complex than every other class that I've played >.>, but at times I feel that is also a downside.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

1) Improved soul fire hard casts.

2) Pets... despawning, getting lost... the usual pet issues on certain encounters.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Comparing classes side by side we seem to have more complex rotations than most (all?), which I suspect leads to people playing the class badly... and thus the lower popularity of the class.

I think I enjoy this class (played it years), but am always a little surprised at how much simpler life is on any alt.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?

1) Better Destruction mechanics (and I don't even care that much for destruction)

2) A fix to the demonology mid-combat x2 pet swaps every 2 minutes for demon soul reasons.

3) another class to gain 10% spell power buff (other than just shaman) so we're not locked into demonology in most 10mans -- I thought we were getting rid of "partial buffs" like the Arcane Intellect 6% spell power...? Also another class could really use 5% spell crit debuff on targets, at the moment it's just Fire mages (terrible) and warlocks of any spec (which is nice for us, but any raid without us is sad).

# What spells do you use the least?

Searing pain - especially since this is/was so weak that you actually generate more threat by casting normal spells (despite the x2 threat coefficient). To even maintain use as a threat generator you would need to turn it up in threat x5.
Or -- make it a miniature taunt (i.e. like distracting shot)
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVE
If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raids
What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Destruction's need to hard cast Soul Fire often for ISF buff.
What makes playing your class more fun? Fast rotation, challenging.
What makes playing your class less fun? Specing into demonology and the felguard isn't even the best pet for the spec.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? Affliction is fine. Destruction's hard cast soul fire for a short ISF buff needs to be looked at. Demonology rotation feels a bit complicated at times.
What’s on your wish list for your class? Buffing destruction. Tuning the pets for demonology so that the primary pet is the felguard.
What spells do you use the least? Enslave demon.