Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Prev 1 3 4 5 76 Next

* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

- Only PVE

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

- Heroic raiding

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

- Our pets are the major part of our damage done

* What makes playing your class more fun?

- Pets / Dots

* What makes playing your class less fun?

- Our dps depends TOO MUCH on 10 mins cd guardian(Doomguard/Infernal).

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

- I'm fine with the rotation.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?

1. The CD of Guardian(DG/Infernal), may be reduce it to 5-7mins and put a debuff for us to be able to use it only once in a fight(like potion or heroism). It's very painful when you're in a serious progression and the raid can't wait for 10mins cd to up for every pull. Every single minute counts during the progression. I hope you understand this.

2. Demonology pets. I dont know if swapping pet during the fight is intended because right now Felhunter does much much more damage than Felguard that it can even out dps Felguard on a low multi-targets fight. May be you can do something with Legion Strike, make it single/splitting target with more damage just like Shadow Bite? or may be do something with its melee atk damage? And Felguard glyph is just useless right now, may be you can do something with it.

3. Shadowflame The damage of Shadowflame is very very good that we have to use it in the rotation for every spec. But because of its short range, on certain fights, it is difficult/impossible to use. This kind of limitation is unfair and should not happened since we are caster just like mage, balance druid, shadow priest, ele shaman, while they all have no spell that requires a melee range to use in their rotation that will add up to 1000dps. So in my opinion, you might do something with the glyph, may be add more range and make it single target?

* What spells do you use the least?

- Rain of Fire
Searing Pain
What type of content do you focus on?

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

10 Man raiding, due to heroics having become a chore in Cataclysm

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

The main one is that debuffs like Shadow and Flame (think mages have one as well) do not cause DoTs to update properly. If they are not on the boss before the DoT then the DoT does not recieve the damage bonus.

Assist Stance is obnoxious, it feels to me like a bad version of old defensive. I would rather have old defensive and aggressive back.

What makes playing your class more fun?

everything =)

What makes playing your class less fun?

Demo is clunky, Affliction has almost zero use for Soul Burn, Doomguard is only available for every 2-3 attempts.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I REALLY Like Affliction, IMO it is the best rotation in the game because it flows together so seamlessly.

Demo is clunky, especially when you factor in the variability of Meta CD as compared to the static time on Demon Soul and trinket cooldowns. Demo also gets too much of its damage from Meta while sitting uncompetitvely between them. Soul Fire is not an enjoyable execute. It does less damage than Shadow Bolt and is only used because Decimation makes it faster. Pet swapping feels clunky, not creative.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Less Reliant on Doomguard to be competitive, or have the doomguard up every attempt (5 min CD with Exhaustion type debuff?)

Soul Fire is not an enjoyable execute

Demon Soul:Felhunter feels less than optimal for Affliction, it's a simple dot buff until 25% since it does not benefit Shadow Bolt. That feels less than exciting to be one of the zomg cool moves we got in Cata

I would LOVE permanent Meta form for Demo. If the spec was balanced around being a giant purple demon, it would be the greatest spec ever.

Demonology using Felguard as their main pet in 90% of scenarios

What spells do you use the least?
Curse of Tongues
Voidwalker
Succubus
Imp
Demon Armor
Rain of Fire
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Pvp

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

n/a

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

i do all kinds of pvp even the less popular world kind now

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

running out of shards in arenas with no other means of getting them back outside of soul drain. Pet getting slowed by aggro and despawning.

Destro, hands down has always been my favorite lock spec but it sucks right now.

Being tunneled into only 1 viable spec, not everyone LIKES to play afflic, but in order to do pvp and get invites we have to.

running out of shards

pet despawning.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

afflic is easy but destro is very clunky, especially the ISF and immo-conflag mechanics. i can never get a conflagrate off against decent healers and the imp is useless in pvp for ISF.

-immo dispell protection (maybe even like a damage buff doesnt have to be like VT/UA maybe more like flame shock)
-buff chaos bolts damage, why does conflagrate hit harder than destro's final talent point. also if it pierced immunties like it did in the beta we'd have a chance against pallys ( think shattering throw)
- make shadowburn do shadowflame damage so it benefits from our mastery and buff it too ( its a terrible execute, 15k crits on resil...)
- maybe increase shadowfury's stun by one second
-the imp is useless in pvp, easy to kill offers no great return other then soul fire which hardly ever procs, vs the succ/felpup (cc or a silence)
-soul fire has a very clunky mechanic and with three soul shards and no imp i would never use this. period
- searing pain is terrible, id sooner spam fel flame ( maybe add a casting while moving mechanic)
- fel flame getting a little love so i can at least do 5k on a resil target? cuz ice lance doesnt hit that soft.
-shadowflame glyph should be rolled into the spell to free up a glyph spot
- the overall damage of destro is pretty low. i see bigger crits from the felhunter in affliction

-pet talent tree????

searing pain, its just useless
soul fire- too clunky, waste of shards
chaos bolt- i only use it and a filler but its a waste of time really
shadowburn- a shadow spell so deep in destro? why? it can't even properly do its job cuz the damage is terrible
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PVE

Raids/Heroics

N/A

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

None of the new warlock abilities worked out well this cycle. Empower soul shard was a flop and soul swap was nerfed to the point of marginal utility.

I don''t think any class has had more problems with pvp balance issues affecting pve play than lock. The soul swap changed just stunk and didn't need to happen in pve. The changes to hp regen really changed fundamentally the "feel" of a pve lock. Eventually, there needs to be a way to keep this from happening.

Too much affliction damage is now attributable to the pet and to the execution phase. When learning new content, aff locks never get to "show their stuff". I wish that the pet damage was allocated more in the dots. Dots generally feel weak.

No class has received less feedback on changes and the direction of the class this cycle than locks. This has definitely contributed to some frustrations. The ask the devs thread which ended up being mostly dedicated to shaman questions was pretty tough to swallow.

Mastery is boring right now; basically a crappier form of spell damage. It could definitely use help to make it more interesting, at least for affliction.

For affliction, dots are fun. Powerful dots are fun. Being able to do fancy things with dots is fun. Multi-dotting is fun. Drain life is fun.

Shadow bolt being a core spell as a destruction talent is not fun. I don't pvp a lot, but near helplessness against melee is not fun. The fact that every melee class seems to have a million ways to break or resist fear is not fun. Demon portal has also been clunky to me. Playing a bg and constantly having to set up my portal at every new spot is not fun. Dark intent has never been fun to me; just another button to push in preparation for a fight.

I don't mind it, although I feel like its been a bit oversimplified over the years. I miss having more upside available for good play. Currently, with so much damage allocated to the pet and drain soul, it doesn't feel that way.

Fix empowered soul shard for affliction. Give dots some more oomph. In pvp give me something that can help me deal with that rogue, warrior or dk. Rationlize our talent trees so I have real choices with those few extra points instead of being forced to put points in another tree to be viable.

Freedom from PVE nerfs caused by PVP concerns. These are particularly difficult to accept bc the experience of most of us mortal players is that locks are not that strong in pvp anyway. I understand that at the highest level, locks do very well, but that's literally like a few hundred people in the whole world, and it just doesn't feel right to have the gaming experience of tens of thousands of locks affected by that.

Slightly lower cooldown for our demons or have it reset like heroism on a wipe. Right now when learning progression content, I often will not have it available every fight.

Fel flame, nice idea but just doesn't hit hard enough to be useful except if for some reason I want to one shot a level 20 boar.

All of the curses except for elements.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
dont >:

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
when im demo the whole 10 min CD no matter what. hes a big part to our dps and it REALLY shows when hes off CD for a fight due to a wipe or something. As well as ISF buff and its awkwardness.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
i love the abilty to use demons mostly

■What makes playing your class less fun?
im kinda forced into playing affliction MS atm b/c destro is pulling such low numbers and in a competitve raiding guild kinda makes me sad. i love destro.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
ISF buff is my biggest concern as well as CB damage.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
destro to be on par again with affliction :)

■What spells do you use the least?
eye of killrog and the voidwalker. curse of weakness/tounges.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE primarily.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Raids.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• Occasional Arenas/RBG

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• Summon Guardian cooldown needs to switch to the Bloodlust/Heroism cooldown model. 5 Minute cooldown with a 10 minute debuff.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Doing competitive DPS, finding and using clever abilities to trivialize or ease execution of mechanics.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Micro management.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• I have raided endgame as all three specs in 4.2, here are my thoughts about their respective rotations:

Affliction flows the best, and overall feels pretty good right now. I have no complaints.

Destruction has a LOT of cooldown/buff management, there are a lot of times where you need to cast about 3 or 4 different spells to keep up buffs and maximize cooldowns, but you only have time to cast 1. The fact that you often have to hard cast Soulfire, and that its such a long cast time makes the rotation feel awkward at times.

Demonology is a micro management nightmare. The word that is thrown around a lot for this spec is "clunky". I feel that describes it pretty well. The opening rotation for Demonology involves hitting about 14 different abilities. (currently - Pre-pot, Moonwell Chalice, Curse of Elements, Felstorm, Demon Soul, Metamorphasis, Immolate, Hand of Gul'dan, Immolation Aura, Soulburn, Summon Felhunter, Corruption, Bane of Doom, Summon Doomguard, Shadowflame, THEN start doing your rotation)

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• Destruction needs some love in 4.3 so that it can be a viable raiding spec again. Many ten man raids are dependent on Warlocks to bring replenishment and strong mechanic handling abilities - Shadowfury, Nether Protection - to the table. It is a hard pill to swallow when you are forced to play an underperforming spec in order to provide those abilities. It is also frustrating when the numbers that you obtain through flawless execution of the spec are exceeded by specs and classes that are much much easier to play, or are just lucky to be a spec or class that continues to scale well in T13.

Demonology needs to be adjusted to not require such a high level of min-maxing. The current demon-swapping scenario is pretty ridiculous.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Searing Pain
    Summon Voidwalker
    Summon Succubus
    Curse of Weakness
    Curse of Tongues
    Enslave Demon

Started mostly raiding in wrath (heroic LK kill), then got bored of raiding in Cata. Time commitment was the overall factor for dropping raiding all together (6-12hrs is too long). i know the time varies based on how geared & coordinated the guild is, but everyone cant be placed in blood legion/vodka/ or any other of the top EU guilds out there. your options are limited to what type of players are available on your realm. so now strictly PVP. picking up arena partners is a million times easier than having to fill a guilds quota & 1000 requirements before they accept you.

Arenas are my preferred method of PVP. thanks to the forcing of RBGS via the conquest point change, i now do those here & there (not much joy out of it).

Getting rid of Dark Intent would be one of them. Depending on the group makeup in raids or pvp, not having the right class for this buff (like spriests) can tank the uptime on this. The damage increase (9%) is way too high. locks bring a ton of utility, this was not needed at all. Also continuing to give spells like this only delay your combat readiness when you die. Take a look at spriests, the amount of self-buffing is over the top when they rez.

Incinerate needs to be available at lower-levels. its destro's nuke and yet isnt available to the higher end of the leveling curve. ISF sucks too.

pets. large toolbox, compared to other classes. dots & drains (miss you drain mana). lore. the fact that we usually have awesome armor designs (lookin at you T5) doesnt hurt.

not having more than 1 viable PVP spec for entire expansion cycle (18-24 months). This is an ongoing problem with the 4 pure classes (rogues/mages/hunters/locks). It seems PVE'rs enjoy having all 3 specs viable in a raiding environment. Now while frost for mages might not be top dps like arcane, its nowhere near as horrible as an aff lock trying to play destruction or demo in rated PVP.

PVP for classes comes down more to game mechanics, versus PVE were alot of the times you can buff a certain spells damage and the class is brought up to reasonable DPS. Can you image how affliction would be in PVP without the game mechanics behind Unstable affliction?

Also greenfire on incinerate/immolate/conflag/searing pain would complete any warlocks day :)

Secondly, homogenization has been getting worse now since TBC. Remember when everyone & their mother got a pet? or how now like 5/10 classes have Mortal Strike. Im sure another class having necrotic strike isnt too far off.

Mages & locks have been trading spells every expansion (with locks getting most of the recycled abilities).

Shadowflame & Dragons breath are pretty similar. Graphic is the same.
Dark intent is a knockoff of Focus Magic.
Searing pain & Scorch.
Soul fire & pyroblast
Frost now becoming a perma pet spec? really...
Fire tree almost got a lifetap effect, in which the mage would start eating health to gain mana. that was scrapped early on in cata beta.
mage table & soulwell graphic is identical. I know this is minor, but i still think of a mages ability when i pop this.

Third, destruction has too many pet talents for a burst spec (with no burst either now). Between the two talents in destro & the one in demo, the spec has to spend 7 talent points to make the imp not suck.

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    I primarily focus on PVE raiding with the occasional PVP.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroic content. My guild always tries to kill everything before new content is released.

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Arenas

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    The biggest issue right now is the doomguard/infernal cooldown. Not having this up for your second attempt on a boss because you wiped the first time makes the class (especially demonology spec when it is such a large portion of your damage) really inconsistent in the damage it can bring to raids. I feel this is a big problem with most of the warlock community as well. The best proposed solution that I have seen would be to make the spells (doomguard/infernal) have a 5 minute cooldown that also provides a 10 minute debuff to the warlock blocking him from summoning one of those pets again. Think of it like Heroism/Bloodlust where it can't be used more than once every 10 minutes in combat, but if you die then the debuff fades and it can be used on the next attempt.

• What makes playing your class more fun?
    The lore and complexity of all its abilities

• What makes playing your class less fun?
    Doomguard's 10 minute cooldown, honestly.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Its pretty solid. Not too complex or clunky, but still more than a couple of buttons.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?
    A doomguard/infernal cooldown adjustment.

• What spells do you use the least?
    Eye of Kilrogg, Succubus, Curse of the Elements, Voidwalker, Curse of Tongues, Demon Armor
Demonology spec

PvE

Questing, Heroics too but it gets monotonous, and worse, long. I'd like to see shorter heroics, so that people on a time crunch can do heroics more often. Maybe still have a few long-type heroics, ala the zandalari heroics, make them feel more like mini-raids kinda thing. Sorry this was off topic but I don't really post much.

----

I feel like demo is the bastard child of affliction and destruction. We don't have many unique damage spells other than Hand of Gul'dan(one of my favorite spells, pitty about the sound effect). The spec-specific spells we do have are usually just passive buffs, and we have a lot of them. Ill talk about that down further.

What makes playing your class[spec] more fun?
For spec I like meta, but I tend to forget it or not use it in fear of needing it later. I enjoy the Hand and the sheer number of demons we can control if procs go our way. As a class I enjoy our utility spells and the soul burn mechanic is fun, if a little limited in how much it does. I also like giving team mates a boost.

What makes playing your class[spec] less fun?
The number of cool-downs we have. I really don't enjoy having that many buffs that last for a short time. I'd like to see more 'cool' spells in their place or a retooling of them so that they feel meaty. Metamorphosis is awesome, but I can't even fit it the other cooldowns AND my trinkets on my bar without resorting to macros(something I don't want to bother with honestly). The guardian demons might be better if they had a larger decrease in cool-down in demo.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I dislike the number of temp buffs we have in demo. Meta is fine, it works excellently and if I improved it would be even better. But all this other crap, like empower demon, and demon soul, they feel like the same thing with a different name. Perhaps is empower demon did to the felguard what dark transformation does to the death knights ghoul, and changes the appearance while providing a nice power increase and changing the skills. Demon soul could remain the multi-demon spell since it is available to all specs.

Also I dislike having to use immolate, the curse AND corruption. Corruption should be affliction only, decrease our ramp-up time or change it to ramping up our demon, not our dots.

-More Demo-specific spells, or altering the ones we have to seem "meaty", like they are doing something.
-Those alt-forms for our demons sound cool. I am sick of looking at my felguard honestly.
-A female version of metamorphosis. My character suddenly gets a sex-swap? Its nothing important I guess but it would be super awesome.
-An important friendly npc warlock. Probably not the place for this but it would be nice.

Combat spells, I use demon soul, empower demon, soul fire(maybe if this had one of those things like incinerate does when the talent buff kicks in).

Getting separation from mages & avoiding another expansion of handmedown spells from them. this would make it the 4th.

i want more than 1 viable PVP tree. This was done in wrath where both aff & destro worked & played completely different. this was taken away.

Greenfire, but at this point it almost goes w/o saying.

We have a ton of spells that need to be either made usable or completely removed.

i want destro to have its burst again.

lock pets can be trimmed down to 3. Felhunter/IMP/Felguard. Take a look at the abilities offered from succubus & voidwalker and see about merging/spreading them into one of the above pets.

I would love to see a feature like tame beast but for elementals given to locks. This would also probably skyrocket the warlock population, which is the second least played behind rogues. it does fit in with locks and controlling/enslaving weaker foes!

It wouldnt need to be as complicated as hunter pet talents, just maybe allow the lock to choose a clone set of abilities. Like mimic all the fel hunter abilities or imp abilities depending on the type of elemental.

Searing pain - Destruction (fire based) has no use for this ability. Neither does demo or aff. why use this, when fel flame hits for about the same and refreshes two dots?
Also anything in destro's arsenal hits harder than this, conflag/chaosbolt/inc/etc.

shadowflame - Without the glyph this spell is pretty lame in PVP. As a caster why would i want to be in melee range in either PVE or PVP? While the dot buffs the fel hunters damage, it does zero for any other pet.

Bane of Doom - Since i no longer PVE this has zero use in a PVP setting.

Summon Voidwalker - this pets sucks all around, in tanking when leveling and as a dps pet. nuff said.

Unending breath - You can remove this, it was only good as a trash debuff back in tbc/wrath.

Summon Succubus - Like the other lock pets, there zero reason to bring this over the felhunter for PVP. silence/interrupt is too good of a mechanic. its a must. its the reason everyone has an interrupt now.

Eye of Kilrogg - self explanatory.

Enslave Demon - I really wish this worked like hunters tame beast. in its current form its just useless.

hellfire - All around bad spell. i thought you were removing this in cata? what happened...

Shadowburn - really needs to be converted to shadowflame damage for destruction. its a shadowbased spell in a talent tree designed around fire. also requires a talent point & does horrible damage (lack of scaling with the fire tree).
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] I participate in raids primarily for PVE, but I used to do more heroics in Wrath when they were less intense and weren't so doomed to failure with PUG groups.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] I do arena, RBG and random battle grounds. And the occasional ganking.

I would like to see some hard emphasis placed on fixing pets in various aspects of the game. Problems with pets are probably the biggest concern for many warlocks, especially in PVP.

For example, pet bars randomly disappear. Pets sometimes don't listen to commands (this is recently more of an issue). Pets often give line-of-sight errors in arena when they're clearly in range and in sight of their target. Pets sometimes simply disappear. As in POOF in many instances. And we're still dealing with the fact that if you rez in a battleground as a warlock, you'll rez with an imp. Every time. It's getting very frustrating.

On that same note, another type of QoL issue I'd like to see addressed is the number of buffs required while at the graveyard. In an RBG sometimes it's essential for us to rez up and go do something as swiftly as possible. But I can't do that. I have to resummon my pet, I have to do multiple buffs, and this takes far too much time. Rogues, warriors, hunters, all simply have to rez and mount up and they're ready to go get back into the action.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck at the graveyard summoning the right pet, putting dark intent on some nearby target, engaging soul link, and then sometimes I have to soul harvest so I can arrive back at the battle with full resources. Methods for fixing these issues would include:

Ensuring we rez with the right pet, having soul link a permanent aura when the pet is active (we shouldn't need to turn it on) and rezzing with 3 shards.

Another issue I'd like to see addressed is the curse aura provided by Jinx. It's an awesome talent, but if our target dies in the middle of the DPS of a pack of adds or mobs or something, it disappears. Perhaps this aura could linger just a few seconds after a primary mob's death so we could get it up on a target again with out it just going poof.

One of the best things about this class is the ability of a player to engage in three very distinct types of play. But that "fun" has been lessened in recent months since it seems all of the trees are bleeding into one another.

I also like the fact we get to DPS in melee range for AOE. I know some people hate this, but I actually quite enjoy it and think it's a fun part of the class.

Improved Soul Fire.

Worst talent in the game. Absolutely bonkers requiring us to stand stock still for 3 seconds during combat to refresh a buff. Not only is soul fire a very, very weak attack, but asking a player to stand still at that very precise moment to maintain DPS is very unfun. Have you seen the time it takes a projectile to reach Ragnaros? Yeah. Makes this talent unbearable.

I feel the affliction rotation is on point as far as fun stuff to cast versus difficulty. It's not bonkers like Demo, it's not unfun like Destro. It's a smooth rotation (for the most part, excepting the execute phase, which could be smoother).

Demonology is fine as far as spells cast although I'd like to see soul fire improved overall as a spell if it's going to be used in the Demo and Destro rotations with such frequency. It's such a disappointing nuke for its obscenely long cast time. Might as well bump it back up to 6 seconds for all the standing around we do casting it.

I think that Destruction needs corruption taken out. It's just not interesting to recast that dot in a nuke spec. Nukes need to be bigger and more fun. Dots need to be tossed out of that spec. And improved soul fire is le pewp.

I would like to see improved soul fire fixed.
I would like to see our pets behave and perform without error.
I would like to see our reliance on resto shammies in PVP lessened.
I would like to nuke the planet with destruction.
I would like to have my felguard be feared by opponents and bosses.
I would like my dots to need fewer than 3 targets in 3s to be effective.
I miss siphon life.
I miss detect invis.

Searing pain. I stopped using it completely with the introduction of fel flame. It's only marginally useful these days for baiting a counterspell.

But everything else has its uses. So my bars look like the spell god threw up on them and covered my screen with keybinds.
1. What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE.

2. If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raiding.

3. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

NA

4. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

For affliction:
a) The inability to use our soul shards for our rotation. Currently its only use for affliction is for aoe with seed of corruption. Other than when that is needed, they end up going to waste for us.
b) The severe lack of burst damage. With many fights being dependent on burn phases or getting specific targets down as quickly as possible, it oftentimes makes other classes or specs preferable to us. Our only option to counter this is to have our secondary be a PVE spec as well, eliminating our chance to do PVP.
c) The issue with our aoe being primarily dependent on being able to soul burn our initial seed of corruption and get multiple corruption dots up on our aoe targets. This causes a huge ramp-up on our damage. If the targets don't survive long enough to get the corruption ticks, we can't even come close to others with aoe damage. On the other hand, if the adds stay alive too long after our corruption dots wear off, then our dps will drop as well. So having a more immediate, more reliable, and less "situationally dependent" aoe would be great.
d) Lack of consistency with "what is checked when" with buffs and debuffs in relation to dot damage. The Shadow and Flame debuff STILL doesn't update like other debuffs do and still behaves like a personal buff. So we really can't trust as to what will be rechecked and what won't because clearly some things are still contradictory to how Blizzard is telling us they are supposed to be working.

For destruction:
a) Issue "d" mentioned in affliction
b) Having to refresh ISF so frequently as well as having to hard cast it has made this spec just pure irritating.

For demonology:
a) Issue "d" mentioned in affliction
b) The issue that on some fights you must switch back and forth between the Felhunter (for using demon soul) and the Felguard (for aoe damage). Since the Felguard is part of the demonology tier, it would only make sense that he should be the superior choice regardless of the fight.
c) Though I don't know exactly how to put my finger on it, this spec is just plain sloppy. There is no clear-cut way to have a smooth rotation. You have to pay attention to your own cd's and procs, as well as your pets (at least for aoe situations). Finding a way to make this specs rotation more definable would be great.

5. What makes playing your class more fun?

I like playing a warlock for RP purposes. I like the concept of affliction in particular. I like the challenge of my rotation, cd's, procs, and other priority systems. That is the only things that has kept a warlock as my main.

(Continued below)
* What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Both

* If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

* If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arena's as well as rated BGs

* What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Everyone being able to see my teleport point if I drop a demon circle is pretty old. I thought the point was to allow us to get out of hairy situations by using it which isn't the case since most teams will know exactly where you are after you hit the portal.
Onto the Pets.
Everyones pet looks the same because there is no choice in different models.
Voidwalker and Sucu are much less useful then felhunter and imp, you can rationalize a felhunter or an imp in many different situations in both pvp and pve, but the same cannot be said for the sucu and voidwalker.
Only being able to perform 1 role in a party is pretty old, the game seems to have shifted to being hybrid class dominatied and there is no real benefits to playing a pure class anymore.

* What makes playing your class more fun?
The specs are fun when they aren't constantly being beat with the nerf bat, either because they are too strong in pvp and thats affecting pve or too strong in pve and thats affecting pvp.

* What makes playing your class less fun?
Only being able to do 1 role and not seeing any benefit, sure I have 3 different ways that I can dps but whats the point when I'm sitting in Q waiting for a tank or a healer for 35-40 minutes. The extra work that has to be put into warlock rotations when compared to other classes for many times what turns out to be less reward.

* How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Affliction- Fine besides the pretty much need for 3rd party timers.
Destro- Improved soul fire having to be weaved into the rotation is extremely clunky almost 90% of the time.
Demo- Eh its ok but its does subpar dmg on any fight that doesn't have a long execute phase or lots of aoe.

* What’s on your wish list for your class?
Not be a pure class anymore, most likely by turning demonology into a tanking tree where we use our pets to help us tank by "fusing" with them for different situations. Ex. Need a ranged tank fusion Imp, need a general purpose hp tank fusion voidwalker, evasion fusion succu, anti magic tank fusion felhunter, aoe tank fusion fel guard. Anything that will allow us to do more then just one role because walking in circles on my mount in town isn't fun.

* What spells do you use the least?
Searing Pain, doesn't do enough dmg to be useful. Shadowward, its useless most of the time.

Getting separation from mages & avoiding another expansion of handmedown spells from them. this would make it the 4th.

i want more than 1 viable PVP tree. This was done in wrath where both aff & destro worked & played completely different. this was taken away.

Greenfire, but at this point it almost goes w/o saying.

We have a ton of spells that need to be either made usable or completely removed.

i want destro to have its burst again.

lock pets can be trimmed down to 3. Felhunter/IMP/Felguard. Take a look at the abilities offered from succubus & voidwalker and see about merging/spreading them into one of the above pets.

I would love to see a feature like tame beast but for elementals given to locks. This would also probably skyrocket the warlock population, which is the second least played behind rogues. it does fit in with locks and controlling/enslaving weaker foes!

It wouldnt need to be as complicated as hunter pet talents, just maybe allow the lock to choose a clone set of abilities. Like mimic all the fel hunter abilities or imp abilities depending on the type of elemental.
PvE.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroic 25 Man Raiding

If PvP, what type of PvP?
In the past I spent a lot of time on Arena, but I no longer enjoy it.

A slow time consuming pre-fight buff checklist. Before every boss attempt I need to summon a soulwell, summon a pet, soul harvest to refill shards, buff dark intent, sometimes create a soulstone, sometimes make a summoning stone, and eat buff food. I'm not sure what could be done about this, but its fairly annoying.

High survivability, Multi-target damage.

Demonology's optimal single target pet being a Felhunter. They should use their spec-defining pet, the Felguard. I dislike the switching between pets for single target or aoe/utility this promotes.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
I'm fairly happy with them for all 3 specs. I don't enjoy the randomness of Demonology's Impending Doom procs. Casting Soul Fire as Destruction to keep up the improved Soul Fire buff feels very awkward. The length of the spell cast breaks up the flow and limits your movement.

More interesting and varied uses for Soul Shards. The system didn't turn out at all as I hoped. I mostly use them for instant pets, the very occasional portal sprint or healthstone last stand, and then instant Soul Fires when there is nothing else. What to do with my soul shards is almost never on my mind during a fight. Their impact is very small.

Enslave Demon, Eye of Kilrogg, Unending Breath, Searing Pain.
(Continued from above)

6. What makes playing your class less fun?

a) All specs - The unpredictability of how our dots, buffs, and debuffs work. As stated in my answer to the previous question, the primary example is shadow and flame behaving like a personal buff. There are many other situational raid events where things are not too clear as to whether or not our dot damage is adjusted/rechecked.

b) Affliction - Our horribly slow ramp-up on damage as affliction makes us unable to perform as well as others when burn phases happen and it is an embarrassment. It also makes other classes preferable over us on some fights, particularly in 10-mans where burst is needed from every single player (ex adds from Ragnaros after he slams down his hammer). Our ramp-up on fights is just horrid and we have no way whatsoever to do any kind of reasonable burst.

c) All specs - The lack of reward for the difficulty in our rotation. For example, on aoe damage, I have to cast soul burn and seed of corruption, but only AFTER the adds are grouped up. If I do it too early, I lose a huge amount of damage because I don't get corruption up on my targets. Then after that, if I'm in melee range of the adds, I have to cast shadowflame on cd, then back to seed of corruption, etc. For most other classes, they literally just spam ONE button for aoe and it is a no-brainer for them.

d All specs - We are now a melee caster since shadowflame is a better filler than our shadow bolt is. In order to have maximum damage on a boss, we need to be within shadowflame range. I just don't feel that is how we should be. As a warlock, we should have the versatility of being ranged. Either shadowflame range should be greatly increased or it should be removed from our rotation.

e) All specs - My primary frustration at this point is just knowing there are other classes who have very basic rotations who can not only keep up with our damage, but oftentimes exceed it. Some of these classes (example mages) will even joke around with us, laughing at how they just mashed one button while we busted our back trying to figure out just the perfect rotation for this particular situation, aoe, burst, etc. The preferable solution here would be to make the difficulty in rotations equal to the rewards and not allow someone mashing one button comparable dps-wise to us having to hit 5+ to get the job done.

7. How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

All specs - As already stated, our rotation's effort does not equal the reward. We don't have a defined and clear-cut rotation like most classes because there are so many factors involved. How many targets are there, how long will those targets be alive, what cd's or procs do we have up, can we get within range of the targets or would the loss of dps to do so be worse than the extra damage we would get by doing so, etc. Our rotation is much more complicated than most, yet as I already said, the reward for that increased difficulty just isn't there.

8. What’s on your wish list for your class?

a) Use of soul shards for affliction (for more than just aoe).

b) Better reward for our difficulty in rotations and priorities.

c) More consistency when it comes to what buffs and debuffs are checked when to make our rotations more transparent. If personal buffs are to be checked when a dot is cast and remains in place until that dot is refreshed, then make it consistent across ALL personal buffs. If a target's debuffs are checked during every single tick of a dot, then make it consistent with EVERY single target debuff.

d) Ability to rename demons or at minimum a way to permanently get rid of one demon and get a new demon of the same type with a new random name (so we can do this several times until we get a pet name we like and then keep that new one from then on anytime we summon that particular demon).

e) A change to the cd for Doomguard/Infernal. If we wipe on a pull, it can take a couple more attempts before I can even cast it again. Have the cd be comparable to heroism where upon death it resets.

f) More customization in regards to talent points, glyphs, pets, etc. Right now, each spec has to be cookie-cutter. Would be great to have specific "specializations" that would all be competitive dps-wise in PVE (ex slightly more aoe, slightly more single target, slightly more burst, etc.)

9. What spells do you use the least?

Never used Demonic Empowerment, not even once. Unending breath is pointless. Eye of Kilrogg never gets used. Enslave demon has been worthless ever since I started playing at the start of WotLK.

• Both

• All

• All

• Add more spells modified to Soulburn.
• Pets falling behind while mounted (entering combat).
• Add 3 Soul Shards when leave combat OR increase max number of Soul Shards by 2

• New soulshard system.
• Concept Demons and Demon theme
• Metamorphosis Spell
• Concept Curses and banes
• Medium-High Damages (Squishy, but not this happening)
• Teleport Spell
• Stones (Healthstone, Soulstone)
• Concept Ritual
• Utility: Eye of Kilrogg, Unending Breath.

• There are a lot of skill to cancel the spells of warlocks!
• Rogues: Stun lock and Cloak of Shadows.
• Paladin: 6 sec stun and infinity heal/mana.
• Priest: Dot and heal.
• All spell interrup and prevent casting of spell school.
• Death Knight: Anti-magic Shell.
• Little Crowd Control. (Fear, Small Stun[Demology, Destruction] and Slow[Affliction] is not sufficient)
• No Survivability. (Teleport is not sufficient)
• Bug: Disappearing pet bar.

• Affliction: Good, but make Drain Life as filler.
• Demology: Good.
• Destruction: Weak, need buff's.

Affliction

• Curse of Weakness: Increase physical damage reduction of target by 20%.
• Drain Life: Increase gain of life by 2% OR increase damage by 20% AND increase duration by 5 sec.
• At 2 talent points Siphon life should be a 100% chance to proc on Corruption Tick.
• Howl of Terror: Instant cast (Glyph or Normal).
• Fear: Remove pull other monsters.

Demology

• Fel Armor: Increase gain of life by 2%.
• Demonic Circle: Teleport: -> Increase range by 10 yd OR remove Crowd Control effects.
• Reduce Doomguard/Infernal cooldown by 50% OR increase damage by 15% AND increase duration by 20 sec AND increase cast time of Doomguard by 3 sec (For balance).
• Pet Voidwalker: Increase thread generation.
• Pet Voidwalker: Sacrifice -> Increase absorb damage by 40000. (In other words: Correct scale at level 85)
• Metamorphosis: Add more useful spell's OR make permament. ( Female Skin)
• Ritual of Souls: Give Healthstone and SoulStone.

Destruction

• Chaos Bolt: Increase damage by 12%.
• Soul Fire: Increase damage by 12%.
• HellFire: Remove the life cost and increase mana cost by 50% (For balance).
• Rain of Fire: Reduce mana cost by 10% ~ 15%.
• Rework Fel Flames: Targets in a cone in front of the caster take 221 to 255 Shadowflame damage and effect will afflict (Immolation[Demology, Destruction] OR Unstable Affliction[Affliction]).
• Immolation: Spell protection like Unstable Affliction.
• Shadow Ward, Nether Ward: Increase absorb damage by 20000. (In other words: Correct scale at level 85)
• General: Less Dot's, burst damage.

Ideas

• New Spell: Shadow Imprisonment, Instant Cast, 5 min cooldown, 150 Mana ->

Teleports yourself an shadowprison. You remains separated from the real world for the duration of the spell and protecting you from all physical attacks and spells for 10 sec, but during that time you cannot attack, move or cast spells. Also causes Shadow Corruption, preventing you from recasting Shadow Imprisonment for 30 sec.

• New Spell: Nether Ward, 2 sec cast time, 3 min cooldown, 9% base mana ->

Summons a Nether Ward that prevents enemy from regenerating mana and can cast Mana Flare (Deals 1.5 damage per each point of Mana), which deals damage to enemy they cast spells. Lasts 25 seconds.

• Add a vampiric theme with spells and pets.
• Green Fire
• Warlocks getting the hunter's system of taming demons.
• Restore spells: Drain mana, Sense of Demons, Curse of Reckless, Firestone, Spellstone, Detect Invisibility.
It is impossible to kill healers without Drain Mana.
• Better minor glyph's:

Example:
○ Glyph of Enslave Demon = Permanent Enslave Demon
○ Glyph of Eye of Kilrogg = Great Stealth Detection in 20 yd

NEVER reduce the damage of the warlock class.

• Curse of Weakness: Useless!
• Soulburn: Drain Life -> Useless!
• Enslave Demon in Cataclysm.
• Fel Flames: Very Weak.
• Searing Pain: Never used.
• Demon Form: Immolation -> Only to PVE in AoE damage.
• Demon Form: Demon Leap -> Just to scape (PVP)(I do not want to get near the enemy with this spell.)
• All others are useful for PVP and/or PVE.

>>> My overall satisfaction: nerfed, sorry bliz... <<<

PvE is the main reason I play this game, but I also PvP from time to time.

I used to be a full-time raider, now I do heroics, quest, events etc.

Good ol' fashioned BG's.

I don't think there are any at the moment. Dropping shards was a good riddance.

The ability to control demons and turning into one. Dots are always fun when used to annoy other classes as they run in fear while dying.

Repetitive stun-locks by rogues in BG's are the single reason why don't PvP as often.

I think all rotations are equally good. People complain about Aff. heavy rotations but then they ask for more spells.

For the Love of God, can we please Rename our pets? My Felguard has a girls name :|
Summoned Flying Demon mount (it's been overdue for 3 expansions now).
Why not introduce Warglaives for casters? Instead of the old Staff, have a Red Glaive on your back.

All the novelty ones such as controlling demons, Eye of K...

Both

Heroics, 10 Man Raids, Dailies

Arena and BG. No RBG.

Extremely complicated DoT Mechanics. It practically requires a PHD to figure out when the best time to apply and re-apply dots is, with the unique way each and every one acts with buffs, debuffs, and advanced haste giving extra ticks.

Customization. Hunters, the other pet class, are completely spoiled with customization, granted new unique tamable pets every patch, with three different pet talent trees. Our Demons are plain, and pet choice is pretty much restricted to spec. Lack of ANY NPC demons is cataclysm means an entire mechanic, enslave demon, is wasted. This ability was fun to use at one time. More uses for Soulshards would be nice. right now they are only good for reviving a pet quickly.

Not being able to bring something unique to a fight, and not having choices or any customization options. Talent trees and glyphs are all cookie-cutter for this class, with no reasons to deviate. Shadow damage spells in the destruction tree that don't scale well with gear (Shadowburn, Shadowfury, Corruption). Having a 31 point talent (Chaos Bolt) being useless (does same damage as incinerate and it's utility is PVP based for a spec that is terrible at PVP).

The Rotations for Demo and Affliction are right where they should be. Destruction rotation needs a little attention. Improved soulfire is a terrible mechanic which takes way to much additional focus to keep up. Trying to keep corruption up is also a hassle. Having a talent that converts corruption to fire damage and causes it to refresh with Chaos Bolt is a nice idea, and also gives Chaos bolt a purpose.

More pets. More Customization in both class and pets. Quality of life for Destruction. Maybe more green fire. Maybe.

Enslave Demon, only because there are no demons in Cata. if there were some demons around, I would enslave them.

Eye of Kilrogg. Detailed dungeon maps have kind of made it obsolete, at least for me.

Rain of fire. None of the three specs use this for AOE. Helfire for destro and Demo, Seed of Corruption for affliction, and Shadowflame for all 3.

Searing Pain. Just, never, ever used.

Shadowburn. Shadow damage in destro tree with long cooldown and poor activation mechanic (it lags. usually not usuable until well after 25%, or in pvp after enemy has already healed).