Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Post Limit:
Prev 1 41 42 43 76 Next
Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both. I always make sure at the very least that my character is raid worthy be it through heroic/crafted/pugged gear at worst and I raid when I get a decent raid group going.

After getting decent gear in PvE I always start working on my PvP gear for my Warlock and I try to cap my conquest points each week unless something comes up. I always try to have acceptable gear for both types of content.

We're currently trying to get a decent 3v3 going and I've participated in RBGs but my guild is nowhere near being capable of forming a decent group right now (skill/mindset/gearwise).

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

For alts it is mostly heroic dungeons. For my main it is raids. Due to net connectivity issues as well as having a mostly inexperienced group, we're currently incapable of doing hard modes.

I prefer not to raid with my alts due to lack of time but I enjoy running them through heroic dungeons.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas for my main. Right now it is mainly 3v3 and I'd like to try to work on getting rating instead. RBGs are nice and I have participated in some, but my server is not so keen on doing RBGs and it is hard to find a group.

I currently do not have time to cap my alts in Arena or RBGs so I bring them to random BGs when I have the time.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Battlegrounds - When resurrected we usually have to spend time harvesting for more shards when we run out. It delays us quite a bit in addition to the resurrection timer. Resurrecting with full shards in BGs would be better.

Pets - Pathing is still an issue. Sometimes they follow when you jump sometimes they don't.

Doomguard/Infernal Cooldown - We already have a thread going in the Warlock forums regarding this. More often than not on progression runs our 'big' DPS CD is not available 1/2 or 2/3 the attempts.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The various types of playstyles that can be done with the three different specs and the 'rotations' are at least not mindnumbingly boring unlike some other classes.

I like the controlled burst damage of Demonology much like how Arcane mages are (with a little more involved rotation). Affliction spread damage is nice and though the spec is pretty simple to play in single target, it gets more fun with multiple targets. Destro was fun in its Wrath model but I still dislike Improved Soul Fire.

The flavor/lore of the class is also good from from when I first started playing in Burning Crusade.

Being able to manage the pet even if I am incapacitated is nice.

What makes playing your class less fun?

Pet mechanics are somewhat disappointed in terms of PvE. Pet classes are usually easier to shaft through mechanics in PvE encounters. If a class has no pet, all the damage comes from the character and if you buff the character (PvE mechanic or say Tricks of the Trade) then 100% of his damage is buffed. If you have a pet, the more pet damage you have as part of your DPS balance, then less effective certain buffs are for your class.

This was glaringly obvious in BQL back in Wrath and again at Domo until it was patched (it was never addressed in Wrath for BQL, I believe). I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that my class will not be ideal for certain buffs/roles/situations simply due to the fact that I do not scale 100% with certain things unlike non-pet classes.

Improved Soul Fire is another thing that I do not find fun for my class. I'm glad it was removed for Affliction and Demonology but it is still hampering my enjoyment when I want/have to play Destruction.
How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Demonology feels just about right (unless you do not intend for us to continue swapping out pets throughout a fight). There is always something to do and keep track of from start to finish. The only time I get upset with it is when I am lagging and falling behind on what I am doing otherwise I enjoy it a lot. I just hope there are less fights with AoE interrupts that lock us out from schools since Demo locks are pretty much melee casters to achieve maximum damage.

Affliction is rather simple to play for single target, but this allows the spec to do more for multi-target fights and then it becomes more fun. When I feel like relaxing, I just use Affliction in some dungeons since there is much less to keep track of.

Destruction... I've been pretty vocal about how much I dislike Improved Soul Fire so I suppose I'll say it here again. We've given countless suggestions over many threads (it's slow and ruins the pace of destro dps rotations... like a bad speed hump on the highway). It also heavily throttles Destro along with Dark Intent stacking on Immolate to be effective in PvP. I won't repost all the suggestions I have about it here since they are floating around in many threads along with what other warlocks have suggested over the past few months.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

Changes to Improved Soul Fire.

Less throttle on Destruction specs (ISF->DI->Immo->Conflag relations)

Chaos Bolt and Soul Fire scaling (31 point talent nuke and our longest casting 'big' spell both having lower spell power coefficients than our filler nuks... it just feels wrong from a design standpoint any way you look at it even if they heal for 4%)

Chaos Bolt's piercing effect is useless in PvE (completely useless, it may as well not exist) and rarely useful in PvP (after rogue cheat death and cloak changes immune it and the low damage it deals - less than 7k non-crits against opponents with 130k-140k health?)

Doomguard/Infernal usable each boss attempt (see thread in lock forums it's at 19 pages or so now)

Pets not slowing down when mounted and I suddenly go into combat (and them getting left behind and despawning)

Fix the disappearing pet bar bug

Have my class/pet scale properly with all buffs (especially those %damage increase ones from other classes or boss encounters) so I don't just get 80% of the effects due to my pet not being included.

If you're gonna make mechanics in raids, please do not forget that our pets are like 20% of our damage. If you make me fly and you don't make them fly, then that's just wrong.

Fix the warlock leveling experience. The lack of skills/talents is just plain horrible. I am sure you are aware of this by now (most blatant is Incinerate coming at level 64).

What spells do you use the least?

Searing Pain (though some aff locks use in PvP to bait interrupts).
Here-here!!! Tanking in Metamorphosis would be insanely fun, it would revolutionize tanking as we know it from shield-tanking and... DK tanking. Combination of immolation aura, another health rebuff like drain life, and stomping on people all while not keeling over like a squishy sounds supremely nice. Too bad it will never happen >:( Kudos on the inspiration, though
Both when I have the time. PVE and PVP are both fun outlets of play.

Raids when I can pug into a group, lots of heroics, soloing or running classic content raids.

Open world PVP (Hallah anyone?), used to do arenas, usually random BG matches.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Current best dot "Bane of Doom" is meant for single target use compared to Bane of Agony (which can be applied to multiple targets but has slow ramp up) which makes soul swapping as affliction a pain when your trying to throw your dots on 2 targets at once.

The pets and their utilities/raid buffs that they can contribute in the event you are missing a particular party buff (imp's stam boost with no time limit).

Soul Swap when interacting with Bane of Doom and having to keep the shadow bolt debuff up on main/secondary targets to make dots hit their hardest per tick.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Rotation seems fine, other than noted complaints about the two bane spells used by affliction locks and how they interact with a useful utility spell.

Bane of Doom on 2+ targets <wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more>, a different means of applying shadow bolt debuff (maybe even making it an applicable target of Soul Swap mechanic for fights requiring us to hit two targets at the same time or an interaction with the Jinx talent points where the debuff is cloned for all targets within X yards of target Y like Curse of the Elements does), and possibly a more reliable AOE spell than Seed of Corruption (cast time + shoddy chances at detonating make it almost worthless for aoe situations).

Most demonology/destro spells other than those needed to run an affliction lock to its maximum potential (our mastery wants shadow damage, so having fire attacks is useless in contribution to our output in affliction).

ISF for Destro, makes the rotation very clunky should be baked into Chaos Bolt.
Pet toggling for Demo, Felguard should be primary pet for Demo single target

Affliction rotation is in a good spot, also Demo rotation is pretty complex and fun as well but Destro rotation is very clunky, and requires too many DoTs for a spec based on nukes. Less DoTs and more Nukes.

Demon soul spec based instead of pet based so Demo can continue to use Felhunter instead of toggling between Felguard.

[PvE]ISF baked into Chaos Bolt to reduce a messy rotation

Less DoTs for Destro and more Nukes

[PvE]Drain Life retured for Affliction, it was very very fun while it lasted.

Enslave Demon - Pet despawns whenever you go though any loading screen, also the enslaved Demon only last 5 minutes which is very short.

[PvP]Immolate having dispel protection like shamans Flame Shock, only because the fact that our entire source of dmg is reliant on Immolate being on the target.

Our Pet does too much of our damage, i'm not saying that things should be like BC where we can sacrifice our pet but pet management is a pain most of the time as well as keeping them alive etc, concept should be less dmg pet and more dmg player

Eye of Killrog
Searing Pain
What type of content do you focus on? [PvP]

If PvE, what type of PvE? [n/a]

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? soulburn was supposed to be a suprising and appealing new feature for locks and it really just seems like feldom/sprint as the only useful features in pvp.

What makes playing your class more fun? I like to hard cast, thats why I loved destruction so much, and the reason i love the class. The problem is with Cataclysm the dev team put so much damage potential in the imp, clunky improved soulfire buff, and bane of havoc that it made a hard-cast nuke talent spec come off with no feel of reward for having to have to hardcast in a world of so many distance closers and everyone pretty much having an interrupt.

What makes playing your class less fun? I like the idea of a demonic magi with a pet you have to micro-manage to be successful in pvp

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) I don't pve much but I hate having to put in a long casted soulfire which hits extremely low for its cast time to maximize my damage, which takes a toll on pvp damage in turn.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Some attention, which I feel I can justifiably say.

What spells do you use the least?searing pain, bane of havoc
PvE: I mainly focus on raiding.

What are your biggest QoL issues?

I love that I don't have to collect those god awful soul shards anymore. This isn't Warlock related, but I collect mounts on my Warlock. A quality of life issue I have is that Horde have two UNIQUE mounts more then Alliance and you guys decided to fix that by re-skinning a couple horses and calling it a day. I think the reason a majority of Alliance complained was because of a lack of unique mounts, not the number of mounts in general. It's not fair to give one of your kids two cool cars to play with and tell the other kid to just run around in the yard and deal with it for a few months while they fix your old toys.

What makes your class more fun?

As a dps class the funnest aspect for me is to out-dps my fellow raid members. Personally I play Demonology in raids and pulling over 70k dps nearly brings a tear to my eyes. I'll take a slight dip in single target dps for high AoE damage any day.

I understand that there is a complex combat triangle such that Warriors are rocks, Rogues are scissors, everything else is paper, while Warlocks are mushrooms, I just think that there could be a little more balance. I'm not paper, I shouldn't be chain stunned by scissors. Being stunned over and over is no fun at all. Resilience should fix that some how. I guess I just feel like I'm not quite mushroomy enough.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

Demonology's priority system is hectic. Compared to what I've been told about other classes I have a TON of buttons I need to be pressing at just the right time in order to compete in DPS. Although I do it exceedingly well it just doesn't seem fair to have to work so hard for the same reward.

Destro is the only spec that really benefits from Shadow Ward. To be honest I forgot I had the spell since it's been so long since I used it. Perhaps alternative uses for each spec?

Demonic Empowerment is literally useless. All Demonology Warlocks are going to spec into either Demonic Rebirth or Master Summoner reducing the need to really NEED to keep your pet alive. Giving them a 'trinket' to escape death just seems redundant if I can summon him back even quicker. Perhaps revert this back to a DPS trinket? Or even better this can be Demonology's new execute spell. Only active when the pet's target is below 20%, each pet reacts in a way that when cast it goes berserk and in it's own unique way just zergs the crap out of it's target.

Bring back drain mana. I play 2s with a healer as an Affliction Warlock, albeit not seriously but for fun, and anytime we play against a priest or holy paladin we might as well quit because the holy paladin will never go OOM and the priest will always drain my healers mana. I feel so helpless.

Soul Fire needs a buff in the Demonology spec. It doesn't feel like an execute spell. Also with Demonology, I love that I can spawn Ebon imps from my Bane of Doom, and now Fiery imps from my 2p T12 armor. Although these imps are hard to control and get me in trouble when a "STOP DPS" is called, I love the idea of imps everywhere. Demonology should get an additional guardian where masses of imps come out and form a spirit bomb of sorts that lasts 10 episodes long and deals some epic damage. So much so that the world collapses and consumes itself. In all seriousness, Imps, go go.

Someone mentioned our demons scaling with our level. I've had the same imp since Dun Morogh, perhaps this player was right. His response reminded me of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy where at every 10 levels or so your player would get progressively bigger and gain a more unique look to their armor and weapons. It was really cool being able to visually see that your levels were accomplishing something and not just a path to end-content. Also male/female pets. DO IT! (Male Succubus...?)

Tier gear: I'm not too thrilled about tentacles coming out of my mouth... At all. The 1-8 tiers looked so great. Tier 9 really dropped the ball. Tier 10 had the darkness I liked, but it was just missing something. Tier 11, Symmetrical is all I ask. This was not a symmetrical tier and because of that it looked horrible. Tier 12 you started to improve, I just hope it continues that way. We want to see dark, gloomy, SCARY armor. Albeit molten spider armor fits the scenery rather well, I feel the concept could have been made more dark and terrifying. I feel like a 12 year old fire mage that likes spiders.

Tentacles for tier 13? Is there time to change this?

Shadow Ward, Shoot Wand, Searing Pain, Demonic Empowerment.

A lot of people are putting Eye of Kilrogg and Unending Breath down. I love UB for questing certain areas, I just wish it was a passive ability. Eye of Kilrogg should be more useful. Priests can bind their vision across an entire map, I'd love that utility for EoK.
PvP - Arena, Rated battlegrounds

Other - daily quests

PvP- Arena, Rated bgs

Slow cast time in destruction spec, and dispellability of immolate

Pet control and kite-ability

The invalidity of destruction in arena currently due to too slow cast times (constant interrupts on spell casts) and dispellability of immolate, which makes destruction absolutely unviable to play against experienced players.
The virtual uselessness of shards for PvP (only used when instant pet summoning or increased healthstoning)

Affliction - rotation is fine
Destruction - rotation is too slow for PvP spells constantly get interrupted or LoSed

- Immolate= on dispell burns the casters tongue and silences him for 4 seconds also adds a dot (or instant damage) to the target damaging the dispeller for the remainder of the dot damage to come from immolate. (This is necessary as the whole destruction spec is based on immolate much alike affliction is based on unstable affliction)
- Decrease of cast time on incinerate
-Revamping of searing pain as it is a spell that is not casted (Fel-flame took its place)

-Searing Pain
-Soulburn
-Enslave demon
-Seed of corruption
-Curse of weakness
-Soulshatter

PVE

7/7 Heroic Firelands

I play both Affliction and Demonology.

For Affliction, my biggest issue is ramp up time on multiple mobs.

For Demonology, it's the 10m CD on Doomguard that keeps it from being ready on every attempt.

I enjoy DoTs and pets, so warlocking is the way to go for me!

Due to having to refresh soul shards and summon a pet, it usually takes me longer to get ready after a wipe than most of my other guildmates.

I really like the Demonology rotation. I especially like managing CDs in Demonology, and I wish there were more significant CDs available for Affliction.

For Affliction with multiple targets keeping Shadow Embrace up is not fun, and I would prefer that Drain Life was the filler over Shadow Bolt.

For Affliction I wish Shadow Embrace was a stacking self buff instead of a debuff and I wish Drain Life was the official filler again. It makes very little sense for Affliction to use a nuke that the main tree contains no buffs for.

For Demonology (and really all specs but mostly for Demo) I wish that the CD on Doomguard and Infernal was 5m, but that you could only use it once per combat so that you wouldn't have to nerf it's effectiveness. People would probably pop them before the pull (similar to how double potting works now) so maybe the lockout could work if the pet does any damage in combat then you can't cast it again during that combat.

For Affliction unfortunately the answer is Drain Life. Also, Soul Swap is of very limited use in PVE at the moment.

For Demonology it's Demon Leap. I'm not sure I've ever actually cast it. Also I've never even specced into Demonic Empowerment.

EDIT: a couple other spells I use so infrequently I literally forgot they existed
Searing Pain
Eye of Killrog
Curse of Weakness
Rain of Fire
Voidwalker
Health Funnel (in the time that it takes to cast this, you could be 80% done summoning a whole new pet.)
Enslave Demon (This is a really fun spell! It needs a way to interact with Demon Soul and Soul Link though.)
# Both

# All three Choices

# All Three Choices

# Having only 3 Soul Burns, 4 would be nice. Also a Tri-Spec would be cool.

# The fact that I can be very versatile with 3 different specs in both PvE and PvP.
Also goint into Metamorphosis.

# Refreshing DoTs for Powered or Amped DoTs, Not having an immunity or immunity shatter.

# The Destruction rotation is difficult, Affliction and Demonology are fine.

# Constant Metamorphosis, Immunity/Shatter, a new use for Enslave Demon.

# Enslave Demon, Health Funnel, Rain of Fire, Searing Pain.
Both

Raids, heroics to finish VP cap

BGs Rated BGs

the range of things we can do as warlock that not many classes can do being unique

Getting destroyed in PvP after getting a couple of dots on a target due to survivability.

Rotations are alright until you miss just one cast and your dps drops heaps compared to other classes that don't seem to have as much of an issue

Destro:
-More chance for ISF to be up
-General damage as it was very good and fun spec and now nothing.

Demo:
-Hand of Gul'Dan to do something more as has to be part of the rotation but can be a big dps loss when most time targets just walk out of the circle even with the stun talent which is pointless for raids and most general pve.

General:
-Something to improve pvp, many warlocks don't pvp anymore as we die really really fast.
-Doomguard/Infernal CD shorter or reset after combat, usually can only use 1 every 2-3 boss fights.

Curse of Tongues
Soulburn for Affliction, nothing to use in pve
Rain of fire
Searing Pain
Enslaved Demon
For a little background, been playing lock as my main since roughly BWL in vanilla. Did some PVP in vanilla, but mostly dungeons and raiding. I've been all PvE since BC. Destro was my first love and still is. I've only ever left it when, like now, it just got too weak. I've also played every class to 85 except pally and rogue, which I've gotten into the 60s. My lock was undead the whole time til a few weeks ago. (Plz fix UD racials!)

All raiding

• Dots and Buffs
  • I wish the way dots and buffs interact was easier to understand in the game. It's not always clear even on third party sites when a buff is added per tick or when it's snapshotted. I don't know if you could put that in the buff tooltip or more dynamically update the dot tooltip so we can look it up on the training dummy. Also, it would be nice if the tooltip for the dot stated how many ticks it has at my current haste level.

• Long flight times to the boss
  • Al'Akir and Ragnaros are the worst. When you're casting Haunt or Soul Fire, it takes FOREVER for the spell to reach the boss. If you're standing 40 yards from the hitbox, it should take the same time for the spell to land whether you're casting on Ragnaros or a rat. Could you imagine Colossal Smash being delayed for a second just because the boss is big? You could speed up the flight time animation or something to compensate. I know its a problem for boomkins too.

• Pet Issues
  • I wish there was a way to permanently toggle soul link on or off. If I die with a pet out, I won't be linked to that one, but will still be linked with others. It's annoying. Sometimes I don't want soul link up and there's no way to click it off that I've seen. Also just about every time I zone lately I don't have a pet command bar.

• Class Quests
  • Need more please! I loved having to earn my dreadsteed, infernal, and DG. It made me feel like I was really training as a warlock, rather than just watching the xp bar fill.

• A Big Toolbox
  • I love that when things go wrong in a group, a lock can make the difference. Other classes generally have one cc, while locks can juggle multiple mobs. This is in dungeons, but still, it's how I fell in love with the class. I liked having lots of situational spells.

• Blazing Fast Incinerates
  • I love Destro. Backdraft is the best buff. I love watching the fire streaming from my character to the boss, punctuated by the big pop of conflagrate.

• Dots and Debuffs
  • Too obvious to mention? No way! I love shaping the battlefield in favor of my raid. I also still get a kick of watching dots ticking on a mob or player and thinking "You're already dead".

(Continued)
    (Continued from post 833)

• Not enough debuffs
  • It hurts to think hunters have more debuffs available to them than locks, and they can duplicate any of ours. That's my job! Putting one on each pet would have been the same as giving us a bunch of new curses, since only one curse can be up at once.

• Non-Demo AOE
  • Seed of Corruption is a great idea. I loved the idea when it was announced and it was fun to use when I was affliction. But it costs sooo much. Idk if you were imagining it being cast on one target and mixed with other spells, but I think most locks tab target and plant a little garden of seeds. In a raid, it seems either the adds die too fast for seed to work or you go oom trying to get the adds down. I dont play much aff admittedly.

Rain of fire is too costly unless the mobs are sitting still, which is not often enough the case. It's damage still isn't that great. It sucks to have to rely on a hunter trap or blizzard slow for Rain to have some punch. Even if you do go Demo for aoe, its not always possible to get in range for hellfire. It just doesn't feel like there are realistic options outside of demo for aoe.

• Hard casting Soul Fire
  • I did this all during T11, and it was no fun.

I like the Demo rotation, especially after the change to Immolate. I don't mind hard casting in the Felguard for meta, though it is pretty clunky.

Affliction I haven't played too much, but it was ok when I was playing it. I think Drain Life filler should be a viable option. You still have to "hard cast" UA and Haunt, like spriests have to hard cast VT and Mind Blast. It would be nice to, say, gear out for haste to make SB filler better or gear out for mastery to make DL filler better.

Except for how ISF works currently, I like the Destro rotation. I don't think it's so terrible to have Corruption in the rotation.

(Continued)
    (Continued from post 834)

• Demon Customization
  • . I would like some demon customization in appearance (not naming). Something like how hunters chase rare pets, but not "hunting rare demons", something more evil and warlock-y. It would change the current demons appearance rather than picking up a whole new demon.

• Fear
  • We've had the Fear glyph for a while now. It's pretty good, but the spell should either innately make the mob stationary or have them run about in a small area like the sheep or frog does. Maybe it's good in pvp, but having the fear target run all over the place is more frustrating than fun. They inevitably either run out of range or run right to you. If they are going to run around, make them turn a lot more often or move at 50% speed. It's just heartbreaking when a mob bee-lines 50 yards away from you.

• Curses
  • Weakness and Tongues are pretty much useless in PvE. I'd like to have armor reduction back (Recklessness) and even 4% physical. Curse of Wounding maybe?

• Chaos Bolt
  • Something's gotta change with this. 90% of the time it's just another filler nuke that has a cooldown. 10% of the time you have to remember not to use it because it goes through a shield you're trying to break down, like on Ascendant Council or Atramedes trash. It seems like it hits shields you want it to pass through and passes through shields you want it to hit. It's just not special or interesting right now. Why can't one spell on a 10 sec c/d that doesn't even hit that hard pass through pally bubbles? That just bugs me.

• AOE
  • SoC - when you use empowered SoC, you get corruption on all the mobs. But if you're tabbing and casting seed, you're overwriting those corruption spells you just spend a shard to put up. I think empowered SoC should put curse of exhaustion on all targets hit by the SoC We'd finally have an aoe slow! And it wouldn't interfere with casting more seeds.

RoF - You guys have had that talent for giving RoF a stun since vanilla, and it hasn't been good this whole time, because the chance isn't per tick. And anyway what good is it to stun one or two mobs in the RoF when the rest are running through it? Usually, you want to keep them grouped. The stun will just spread them out. What we need is a talent to upgrade RoF to Rain of Chaos, where if you take damage from Rain of Chaos and then move out of it before it ends, you're slowed for like 4 sec. Kinda like how if you hang around in the aura of foreboding, you get stunned. Same idea, but punishes for moving out instead of staying in. And it makes it a little different from blizzard. Actually, this would help group mobs together, as they'll be snared as they all move past the same place. kind of a blizzard/ring of frost mix.

• Drain Soul
  • Give us a major glyph that allows a chance to regain a shard with each tick of drain soul. It's kinda weird that only destro can get back shards in combat and only on add fights. It just gives some more flexibility with the shard system.

• Improved Soul Fire
  • I really hated ISF for a while. But now that I haven't played destro for a bit, I can see that managing that buff adds something to what is a pretty sparse rotation compared to the other specs. However, hard casting SF bites. Also, searing pain is never cast in PvE. So I was thinking this: When Searing Pain hits, the ISF buff is extended by 8 secs (to a max of 15) and change the improved searing pain talent to make Searing Pain castable while moving. Not only does this revive the searing pain spell, but it allows instant ISF refresh, rather than having to wait ages for the Soul Fire spell to land. You could add a short cooldown, like 6 secs, to searing pain when taking the Improved Searing Pain talent if you want to keep focus on fel flame for movement and if casting Searing Pain while moving unbalances PvP somehow.

• Raid C/D
  • I was thinking about how I like to turn the tables and control fights, but I don't get to do that in raids. Pretty much my toolbox shrinks to my Pew Pew and Brez. It would be nice to have a clutch ability that rebalances the equation, so to speak. So rather than tank or healer raid cooldowns which heal or protect the raid, our cooldown would be like the ultimate debuff, like reduce single target damage dealt by 50% for 6 seconds, or increase damage taken by 20% for 10 secs, a compliment to bloodlust. Give it a really long cooldown or maybe make us have to sacrifice the demon to do it, so we have to burn a shard to get another demon.

(Continued)
    (Continued from post 835)

• Doomguard
  • The Infernal has an awesome intro, a meteor crashes down from the twisting nether and out pops the infernal. Now that the DG is the guardian of choice, he needs a similarly cool intro. I was thinking of the six-hand portal that Jaraxus uses to enter ToC. Also, he should use that portal to exit rather than falling over dead. And it would be nice if his voice was different from the felguard.

Sadly, it's mostly the debuffs that get the least use. Curses of Tongues and Weakness. Every tank can duplicate weakness, so it's utterly useless in PvE. Tongues is only useful on trash you don't outgear, so for like maybe a few days after a patch comes out I'll use tongues, that's it. Curse of Elements doesn't see that much use either, as I raid with a moonkin and mutilate rogue a lot.

Enslave Demon, I miss using this in mechanar. Succubus, Voidwalker, Demon Armor, Drain Life. With the recent changes to tank threat, I'm sure Soul Shatter will be in this category too. I rarely used it before anyhow. Banish, Shadow Ward (unless its upgraded to Nether Ward, it's useless). I don't use Fear or Howl of Terror much as a raider.

Now that Infernal is aoe only, I hardly use it. I'd always rather use that cooldown to hit the main boss rather than adds. Besides, it's kinda clunky to try to keep the infernal on the adds and off the boss if you have Doom up on the boss. Just a hassle overall.

Demonic Empowerment, but I guess that's just a PvP thing.

I do use unending breath, but only because I have it glyphed. Otherwise, breath bars are so ridiculously long now that its useless.

Just to comment on some of the other posters, I don't think permanent metamorph would be cool. :(
    What Type of content do you focus on?

PvE & PvP

If PvE, What type of PvE?

Normal raiding and Heroic Dungeons

If PvP, What type of PvP?

Random battlegrounds, a little arena.

What are your biggest quality of life issues?

Not being able to use Summon Doomguard on every raid boss attempt due to cooldown.
    Not being able to use Soulstone (Battle rez) on every raid boss attempt due to cooldown.
    The amount of time required to buff and restore soul shards when resurrected at a battleground graveyard seems excessive.
    If you retreat in a battleground, your pet doesn’t unless you tell it to.
    Having to reforge gear every time you switch spec to get the most out of it. Affliction and Demo have the opposite requirements. This issue may not be limited to Warlocks, however

Demon form, Demonic Circle.
    The ability to DoT enemies up and not give away your position. (I like stealth play)
    Having a degree of out of combat utility i.e. Summoning Portal (Though somewhat diminished due to Have group, Will Travel), Soul Well.

The soulburn abilities seem a little underwhelming. I usually only use it with healthstone.
    Warlocks not being feared in battlegrounds and being a ‘target of opportunity’. I feel that I’m being focused due to this perception. There’s no real benefit of being a ranged attacker due to melee “gap-closers” and Spell Immunity CDs.
    The feeling of being a support class doesn’t make for a fun experience when queuing for a random battleground on your own.

NOTE: I play as Affliction in PvP.

How do you feel about you “rotation”?

My comments relate to PvE/Raiding only

Affliction:
    This rotation seems to have just the right amount of abilities. 3 DoTs + haunt debuff + Shadowbolt nuke/Drain Soul finisher. Cooldowns can be easily macroed and debuffs (CoE) last long enough not to have to worry about refreshing all that often.

Demonology:
    I have recently switch to this spec and I’m enjoying it. The addition of the molten core proc makes the basic rotation a little more interesting than the Affliction formula without crowding it. Most awesome cooldown of the 3 specs and can be easily macroed with other CDs and abilities.

Destruction:
    Can be summed up in one word. Blurgh. This rotation is little crowded for my liking. On top of the 3 DoTs + Debuff + Nuke/finisher formula, you have 2 burst spells with CDs that causes the potential of coinciding with the times DoTs fall off. The Improved Soul Fire debuff is a little clumsy and when you’re forced to hard cast it, you can potentially find yourself in a position of DoTs falling off AND spell CDs being up due to its long cast time.
    There’s also a lack of a DoT refresh which the other two specs offer (Haunt, Hand of Gul’Dan).
    Having corruption as a part of the rotation doesn’t feel right to me. It doesn’t feel very “Destructiony”.

The level of complexity of the destro rotation may appeal to some people, but I feel the other two specs offer enough variety to keep all those bored 3-button ex-arc/fire mages interested.

I'm happy just to stick with the other 2 specs and not bother with this at all if I have to.

What’s on your wish list for you class?

Keep the rotations for all three specs unique whilst not crowding them up too much.
    I know with new expansions come new abilities but there are only so many buttons we can bind and abilities we can use effectively!
    Some sort of damage mitigation cooldown for PvP (Similar, but not too similar, to Shadow Priest’s Dispersion). It could stack additively with Soul Link.
    Chaos bolt buff. There. I said it. But not necessarily a massive damage buff. Maybe it could do something “chaotic” to the target in addition to damage when it hits.
    Our health regen seems bit low. I’m not sure if that perception is created because of the larger health pools or not.

Searing Pain, Eye of Kilrogg, Enslave Demon, Curse of Weakness
    PvE

Mostly just t11/PuGs

Demons having the cast time that they do. How about a Dismiss Pet length cast like Hunters?
    Also, Shadowflame having the near-melee range that it does.

I love the DoTs :P

Not much. Destro needs a fix, but I'm not sure what that is.

The rotation is nice. It works well and doesn't feel clunky at all.

Make Felguard the go-to Demonology pet. Needing to use the Felhunter for Single Target is really a letdown when you're Demo. Give it a nice single target ability, maybe on cooldown with Bladestorm.
    With the guardian demons, it's a pain to only get to use them once every other attempt. How about a heroism-style debuff that erases on death? I just wanna metaphorically kick myself everytime I pop a demon and we don't down the boss.

Imp, Voidwalker, Curse of Weakness, Curse of Tongues, Searing Pain, Fel Flame (RARELY has its uses).
    PvE

Heroics. Also interested in raiding once geared better with more experience.

Big numbers popping up on the screen. I'm a fan of burst damage. I would rather hit less frequently for 20k than hit very frequently with 2k.

Chaos Bolt. 'nuff said.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    Improved Soul Fire needs to be fixed. The rotation is fine, but it's annoying to refresh this buff every 15 seconds.

A damage buff would be nice.

Searing Pain.
    Curse of Tongues
    Curse of Weakness.
    Eye of Kilrog.
    Fel Flame (Totally useless).
    PvE

End Game Raiding

I do cap Conquest weekly

Clunky "rotation" ISF as Destro, great idea when it was 15% haste, it felt worth it and now its more of a pain because you have to hard cast it and it hits like a wet noodle just like chaos bolt. Soul Fire hits for less than my shadow bolt and I remember before 4.0 when the spell hit like a truck. Shadows Embrace is one of the dumbest things as when I play my Shadow Priest all I do is Mind Blast with an orb up for 10% bonus damage.

The fact that all 3 specs have their own unique playstyle, its a lot of fun swapping between Demo and Aff.

No dispell protection for immolate and extremely long cast times against interrupt/stun heavy classes.

Shadow Embrace needs to be thrown into Haunt to just make Haunt do additional damage because the ramp up time for Affliction is the longest of any class (that I have played). Drain Life made more sense as our filler due to our mastery and I feel that the mastery should be all shadow damage if you want us hard casting shadow bolts all the time.

Demon Flight form but in all seriousness Soul Fire damage buffed, ISF fixed to make Destro less clunky and Affliction mastery reflecting its filler in addition to its dots with Shadow Embrace being looped into something else to speed up our 15% bonus damamge. Drain Mana back since priests still have mana burn. Doomguard and Infernal with equivalent uptime and damage to Shamans Greater Fire Elemental and Greater Earth Elemental. I mean 40 seconds and in my gear I get around 250,000 damage from my Doomguard.

Searing Pain (threats terrible), Enslave Demon

Soulburn, the only time I use it is to pet swap, summon a pet after a b-rez or sometimes with a healthstone. Though Soulburn Seed of Corruption is amazing.