Warlock
Prev 1 52 53 54 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Raids

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
None

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
Swithing pets as Demon. The way things are today, i have to switch pets as demon just to use Demon Soul. Demonology uses Shadow and Fire damage, and Felhunter's Demon Soul just increases Shadow. See the point here... Felguard should be Demonology's pet all the time. Beside, make Doomguards CD reset when u die (but not B Rezzed). I hate when I use it and soon after we have to wipe and start again, because on the next pull i wont have a BIG part of my DPS.

What makes playing your class more fun?
DOTs!! Love to see them slowly tear the enemy apart.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Big part of my dps depends on my pet behaving as i want. And we have to face it, sometimes he really is very stupid, while other he just dont do anything (bugs).

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Very nice. Except for the Soul Fire execution. While Aff has a Drain Soul the refreshes UA and Corruption, Soul Fire is a little dps increase but we still have to refresh the dots manually and it doesnt proc the Meta CD reduction. It means that depending on the CD of your Meta it is best not to use Soul Fire as execution and keep using shadow bolt until Meta CD ends.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Increase Felguard single target DPS so I dont have to use Felhunter. Make soul fire refresh Corruption. Put Soul Fire as a spell affected by Impending Doom also (proc the Meta CD reduction).

What spells do you use the least?
Eye of Killrog
Rain of Fire
Enslave Demon
Searing Pain
What type of content do you focus on?

PVE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Solo-dailies, sometimes heroics if i can get in w/ friends
I have less time, so i haven't been able to raid which is what I used, and would like to do.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

The Fel Armor change - I hate it
-made me even more squishy
-takes longer to heal after a fight

I like the lore idea of Warlocks and spells that embody it like the demons, meta, shadowfury
Demon Soul
The Doomguard and Inferno (I like the new way they work)

Felguard no longer being the main pet for Demo
The Fel Armor change

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

I like "my" rotation, (Destro)
CoE, Immolate, BoD/BoA, Corruption, Conflag, Demon Soul Soulburn Soul Fire, CB, Incinerate (main nuke). Maintain dots, cast CB on cd, and if i have an extra second/(whatever heroism is called now) is used soulburn another soul fire. Imp just auto casts. Has worked since Kara(similar form of course) so i have no reason to change. Oh and Summoning the Doomguard

(my Demo one os more or less the same, just shifted to fit the demo spells HoG for CB, meta being dmg boost, sb being main nuke)

Molten core being moved to The Destruction Tree
The return of the old health generation of Fel Armor
Ability to swap out textures for the demons (only of the same type)
To a lesser extent green fire for immolate/conflag/both
To an even lesser extent a flying mount (if it one was made on a mix of the Dreadsteed and Netherdrake, then i'd be all for it)

(In order)Searing Pain, Curse of Tongues, Drain soul, Rain of Fire

09/13/2011 05:44 PMPosted by Keldoor

PvE, mostly normal level Raids.

I really enjoy all the tools the warlock class has to offer. A lot of people complain about certain aspects; wanting things buffed and such. Overall, its a class with a plethora of abilities that when used correctly make for a very enjoyable experience in both PvE and PvP.

I only PvP casually, but one thing I've noticed is that both Destro and Demo have something that allows them to take less damage. I only pvp as aff so I miss out of that, which is a little annoying.

I'm really excited for the sex change for the demons, if that could include us getting to pick the name of the demon that'd be something really cool. I'd really be interested in a small talent tree for them as well. Perhaps something as simple as making it more focused for PvE damage or PvP cc, making it take more damage done to the target before something is broken(seduce).

Underwater breathing. If we could ride the eye of Kilrogg, that'd be pretty epic.
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
I focus on PvP

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
N/A

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters
mana, in long arena fights it gets used realy fast, and Life Tap cant be used safely in general.

.■What makes playing your class more fun?
the knowlage that generaly every class precives you as a threat.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
the fact that we have no "get away cards" our port cant be used while stunned, so if we're being stun locked by..say a rogue, we have to pop our trink and port, if they they have shadow step up, both of our "get away cards" have been used, so it doenst end well.
and we have nothing to get out of slows to run away, we're just kinda stuck once anything with a slowing aspect hits us.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
roation, for PvP its kind of annoying, half my stuff is a cast (wich doenst end well if theres literaly any melee class on you that know what an interupt is)in my opinion the aff roation NEEDS MOAR DOTZ to realy fell like affliction and not destro.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
for our teleport to be useable while stunned,
somethign to get me out of all the slow effects,
more mana in general to the class, or regen, or lower the cost of the spells
and for immolation to be given back to aff...i love immolation its frikin cool

■What spells do you use the least?
eye of kil'rog...
curse of tounge/weakness
searing pain
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
mainly pvp - arena

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
pve would be pretty cool for the casual but skilled player whos been around for a while if they had Really Really hard 5 man pve encoutners where we all have to use our skills to the max by kiting, spell locking, porting, controlling co ordinating and helping others but scripted but very intricate (not like ToC PVP no aggro battle)

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas for sure, rateds are horrible in my opinion but i know a lot of people like them. i think if i had a better team/server i might feel different, but i dont like the unfairness rated has over arena. its not fair and they are easier than arena, there needs to be a way to distinguish those who got their weapons in rbg's vs arenas

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
quality of life for warlocks has become pretty good with the change to soul shards etc so i do not have top much to mention there, if i could mention anything it would be that we dont store enough shards sometimes, in pve these shards dont have much purpose other than to summon a new pet or to use for a part of the rotation and they do have other novel purposes like teleport sprint on certain fights however there are often many cases where we want to use a utility soulburn or 2 and a damage spell or 2 etc in one fight, both in arena or pve. an extra shard to use would be nice

# What makes playing your class more fun?
pve- being competitive dps wise, being tanky for special fights, being the prime cantidate for a special role in raid, having utility i can use such as teleport to dodge things

pvp- having utility and damage with a high skill cap as such, having 2 different play styles namely destro and affliction nukes vs dots.

# What makes playing your class less fun?

having clunky mechanics such as ISF, my favourite spec not being competitive dps wise.
pvp- not being dangerous on my own- not being viable in one of the preferred play styles, basically single target dps is too low for affliction in arena and i dont feel like i contribute any damage to the kill.... this is not fun. destro which i love so much not being viable at all... i love warlock utility and thats why i love this class but it is VERY important for both the dot and nuke play style to be viable in pvp and be different from each other in the way they deal damage. destro has shifted towards dots and this is bland and not functional and not fun when we want to see big numbers

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

it is clunky with ISF and shadowflame being required to min max, ISF is a decent concept but the cast time to keep it up outside of procs kills the idea also the randomness of the procs due to low proc rate is annoying.

pvp it is far more than just annoying that the basis of my damage can be negated by dispelling this with no consequences

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
strong dispel protection of some form for immolate may i suggest large damage (larger than conflag) to the target it is dispelled from. a serious burst button for destro in pvp mainly, we provide consistent damage when freecasting with little to no controllable burst. the best we have for that is a timing of conflag and chaos bolt with an incinerate backlash proc ready for next gcd or a soulburn soulfire if not- demon soul only effects casted spells so that doesnt really help and even if it did we dont have high enough crit priority/stats for it to be meaningful or dependable. something like a 2-3 min cd that allows us to spam conflag for 8 secs would be awesome.

# What spells do you use the least?
searing pain, curse of weakness, bane of havoc, enslave demon, eye of kilrog (if only that could see invis) fel flame as destro, soul fire cos it is weak, voidwalker completely useless and his bubble is the same as wrath while damage went up and so did health pools, same with shadoward/ netherward (although nether protection is great and i would not like that changed at all)
I reactivted my account to answer your Warlock survey. Oh dear. -_-

I enjoy most content at least casually. I participate in ranked arena, random and guild dungeon runs (heroic and regular), and prior to Cata, I did entertain a random raid here and there. I have not played any Rated BGs, but I most enjoy normal BGs of all the content.

-Affliction: Why Shadow's Embrace hasn't been rolled into Haunt yet, I couldn't say. It makes target swapping painful, and the debuff is too short, creating instances of repeated ramp up throughout fights (PvE and PvP both). The developers have stated that this was a mechanic that eliminates multi-dotting prowess, and keeps single-target damage appropriate. Haunt does, too. If that is actually the intent, then we may not really need two short-duration debuffs to do it with. Use Haunt. :D

Siphon Life is a chance to proc right now, when many Aff Warlocks would prefer it to be 100% chance at half the healing. Why the chance to proc? Is this an attempt to make the talent more interesting because of it's rng nature?

Demonic Teleport takes a half-second to cast, and really just works to interrupt movement and casting for not solid reason.

Soul Swap. That it requires a glyph to be useful is unnecessary. No spell should require a glyph to be useful to a spec or class. That is an unsuccessful spell, and it should be alleviated some other way.

-Destro: ISF is clunky. Immolate makes Destro very weak in organized PvP at damage dealing because of any lack of dispel protection. There's also too much damage rolled into the imp, where in PvP it's nice to have a choice of pet utility to fit the situation.

-Demo: Pet switching is being done for the wrong reasons, I think. I completely agree that pets should have attributes that make them attractive at specific times, but right now the pets are far too pigeonholed into Aff and Destro for swapping to even be considered, and for Demo is has become a nuisance more than anything else. Make pet damage regular, and allow pets to be chosen based on their utility (Imp -> health buff, Void -> off tank, Succy -> extra CC, Felpup -> dispeller, Fellumberjack -> MS debuff and extra damage). Back in the day, pet damage was so gimpy that we didn't care which pet we used. We chose the pet that was most beneficial to the group. "Hey, can you pull out your Imp? The tank's health is a little low." "Ya, sure!"

Hand of Guldan, used to refresh Immo

-Class: Pets will still not spawn appropriately sometimes when dismounting (anywhere) or reviving in battlegrounds at the spirit healer. Pets will sometimes spawn, but their health will bug and not top off to full. This happens less than it did in the past, but it's an ongoing issue.

There are quite a few buffs to throw up on reviving in BGs, and wanting healthstones on hand or having to hard summon a failed-to-spawn pet makes that process even longer. Perhaps healthstones could be given charges, or we could carry a stack of 5 (all requiring prior creation). I don't want them to feel like health mana gems too much, so the stack could be the way to go and still keep them feeling a bit different. Soul Link could also just be a passive effect for the Warlock/active pet, instead of a casted buff, once learned? It would be nice to have less redundant buffing buttons to have to hit.
Err..."post exceeds 5000 characters?"

Both. I've always focused on Heroic Dungeon and Raids, but due to conflicting schedules lately, I've yet to even set foot inside the Firelands raid. I really enjoy PvP'ing as well, mostly Battlegrounds, trying to get more into the Rated BGs scene.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Current Soul Stone system feels awkward. Its current method of use feels so much different than what it used to be. Makes sense to have it as an item in inventory to buff the warlock himself, but not for rezzing an ally in an emergency in a raid.

What sold the Warlock class to me was being able to DOT up a target and have my voidwalker take care of him while I could run around looting, engage another opponent, or even continue to attack my current target (before picking threat back up, of course).

I really enjoy how warlocks feel so unique, to me at least, and have certain spells that seem so unique in nature compared to others. Spells and mechanics like Demonic Circle: Summon/Teleport, Soul Swap, Soul Harvest, Metamorphosis are some really interesting and fun spells that I always remember when I consider dropping my warlock for a tank class, then think of what fun spells/abilities could be in store for warlocks in the future.

The fact that I can't tank and have to wait around for the right group composition to see any PvE content (yes, I am in a raiding guild). Not being able to do anything after (a) tank(s) and/or healer(s) abandons group wastes time and causes stress.

The amount of time it takes to fully rebuff and prepare while in a battleground or world-PvP. I have to create another Healthstone, re-activate my Fel Armor and possibly Soul Link, put Dark Intent on someone, otherwise on my minion, Soul Harvest for shards and re-summon my minion if necessary while the Death Knight that resurrected at the same time as me is already halfway to the Stables in Arathi Basin after just re-buffing his Horn of Winter. I don't mind re-buffing while in a PvE encounter.

I currently do enjoy Affliction PvP, but it feels like it's the only viable spec for PvP. What good is that for a "pure" damage class? Yeah, Demonology can be good in PvP too, when not constantly silenced with those long cast times.
Continued...

-Affliction: I like the idea of being a debuffer and using my enemy's energy to fuel my spells. I like the idea that Aff makes people suffer, and drags out a fight as long as possible. The slow overcoming of your opponent, and their frustration at that slow downhill grind, has always brought me pleasure. Aff has deviated much from this, and so has become less enjoyable.

-Destro: The idea that Chaos Bolt can be made to be great. The idea that I used to not have to use an Imp. The fast-paced nature of Destro is exciting, but it just doesn't hit hard enough anymore to really feel like it's doing any destroying. Not like it used to. It's okay to have burst specs. It's okay to have direct-damage-only specs. It's okay that some people are better at some things than others.

-Demo: The incredible rush of turning into a demon and laying waste to everything around me is fantastic. The idea of spawning powerful demons and bending them to my will is what initially drew me to Demo. Sadly, this isn't what Demo does.

-General:I used to like the fact that I could throw up a ritual to summon a particularly powerful demon, and that it required a player sacrifice to do it. I love the malefic nature of the Warlock, sucking up enemy energy and using it to fuel my spells. Throwing spells that make other classes gawk and pee themselves because of a huge 200% crit modifier (which all casters shouldn't really have... cause it's a Destro thing to hit that hard)... These were the things I loved. Right now, I take little joy from Warlocking, and that frustrates me.
continued...

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I raid as Demonology and I really enjoy where it's at. Being able to deliver good DPS and CCs with all the spells, effects, minions, and glyphs Demonologists have to juggle with keep me occupied, and honestly, content, knowing that other classes compete with fewer buttons. It's a sick, twisted kind of enjoyment, really...then again, look at what class I'm playing.

If Fear (unglyphed) could force the feared target to run strictly away, in a linear fashion, from the warlock who cast the Fear instead of having the target dash about aimlessly. This way Fear could be used like a Priest's Mind Control (OP for PvP? Not any more OP than another player being able to control your character towards a bottomless cliff with a re-castable spell?) Warlocks could carefully choose where to position themselves in order to best utilize this mechanic.

Help the voidwalker hold aggro better. I don't want my voidwalker tanking Deathwing, just holding aggro better on a quest mob would be nice.

Above all else in this game, I wish I could tank as a warlock. I decided to play a warlock because of the unique play style it offers; I was not even aware of the dedicated roles of tank/healer/DPS in a PvE dungeon/raid environment when I first started. My first free-trial characters were always melee, it wasn't until friend convinced me to give the Warlock a try that I began to appreciate the class and enjoy it as I still do today. Since then I've taken up a Paladin and Death Knight to level 85, have tanked appropriate, end-game content, and I actually really enjoy it too, but it bothers me that I can't enjoy that specific, important play style with the class that I enjoy. In a way, I understand that I indirectly "agreed" to merely doing damage when I selected my class, but at the same time, I feel I shouldn't be kept from being able to tank because of said decision back at character creation, when any new player has no idea of the significance of tanking/healing in end-game content. What's mostly drawing me away from World of Warcraft is the fact that you have to wait an undefined amount of time to form a proper group composition. I don't have the time nor interest to level up a new tanking class to level 85, start gearing up once again, and abandoning my warlock. I understand what I'm asking for is a radical transformation, but not something that Blizzard can't accomplish.

Searing Pain ; Curse of Weakness
More continued... (Too much? Probably. -_- I miss my Warlock.)

-Affliction: I don't like not being a drain-tanking debuffer anymore. I don't like hard casting sbolts. I don't feel like Affliction anymore because I'm not afflicting any target (PvE or PvP) with things that I consider to be particularly dangerous. My debuffs are no more powerful than anyone else's, and my dots are weaker than many other classes'/specs'. That to me does not feel like Affliction. I miss the days of dot juggling, when we played with Immolate and Siphon Life as a casted spell, rather than a passive healing mechanic on Corruption. Sbolts are an instant-cast, random Aff burst mechanic. They should never have become a part of the rotation.

-Destro: Soul Fire itself is reminiscent of old Destro (long cast, powerful nukes), but in modern Destro it doesn't have a place in its current rendition. This spell really seems to belongs to Demo now. It's also silly to give it instant-cast procs, because then I start to feel like a Fire Mage with Pyroblast. As a Warlock, I do not want to feel like I'm playing a Mage. Ever.

Destro casts Corruption. This is sad.

Destro casts Shadowflame. Ew. (Ew at Shadowflame in general.)

I miss the days when Destro had the hardest hitting one-shot spells this side of Azeroth. It brought destruction to peeps. Now it tickles, and Demo generally hits harder than Destro. Something is off there.

Chaos Bolt is a poor 31 point talent as a CD-oriented, mana-cheap, slightly stronger Incin. It's bonus of bypassing absorptions isn't nearly enough to make it feel "chaotic".

-Demo:I can never quite enjoy my moment in the sun when I pop Meta. I can never enjoy Demo entirely anyway. There are always too many things to pay attention to. It's manageable. It's playable. But it's unneeded clutter that a beast of a spec doesn't need. I don't want to feel like I'm constantly jumping through hoops and pulling tricks to play a horrific demon spec. I want to feel like I'm playing a horrific demon spec.

-General: Why can I only carry three soul shards when I used to be able to carry 32? Overstepping lore for the purposes of balance seems wrong in an RPG. I'd like 32 little soul shard pips under my mana bar, please (or as many as I care to drain and store). Huzzah!

Homogenization is a "dirty word". Homogenization is a dirty thing to incorporate in a game where you want players to take pride in their character choices. The specs are beginning to feel the same. Each uses procs, cooldowns, and spell priorities to play. Each uses a pet (does Destro really need to in spirit of the class?). Each uses dots, debuffs, and instant and hard casted nukes. The day that I got more debuffs to throw on the enemy with my Destro spec than I did with Aff was the day I stopped seriously playing either one. Destro is no longer the hard casted, big boom, always crit, huge crit!, fire tossing spec that I used to love. Aff is no longer the dot-juggling, debuffing, day-ruining spec that made me twitch with glee. Demo feels very demonic now, what with Meta and its ability to leap in and tear things apart with powerful aoe mechanics. Lets play that up more to keep those good feelings rolling.

Dark Intent makes my immersion into Warlockhood less fun. It doesn't feel right to buff someone and rely on them for damage. I would certainly USE a team mate to up my damage, but right now it seems like more of a reliance than the Warlock using the person for a little gain. Put some spite and malice into our team buff. Selfish Warlocks. Selfish, selfish... It also adds unneeded ramp up to Affliction that isn't always available depending on the situation and classes that you're playing with.

I don't feel evil anymore, and so I've lost a lot of interest. I don't feel any more unapproachable than any other class (you shouldn't be willing to just walk up to a Warlock and say "yo bro"), or any more dangerous.

I used to like that Warlocks were the only caster in the game that could easily get mana back without drinking. The idea of sacrificing life for mana was unique, and the mana gaining potential unique to the class. That every class can get mana back or maintain mana easily makes this feature more a burden than a boon. Now Life Tap eats global cooldowns and health to restore mana, rather than being our special way to keep the fight in us going forever while others around us slow down to wanding or stop altogether.

My reliance on my pet for damage feels very wrong. Back in the good old days, I'd say to myself "what does the group need from me?" and choose my pet that way. Now it's "which pet does the most damage". That my pet is reduced to a number for damage modification makes it even less attractive. That's not real pet choice.
Uggh, I was hoping that wouldn't happen. Sorry Coelho, for the "intrusion", and Blizz for the broken message.

=/
More more continued. It's not you, Rolph. It's me. Too much silly writing on my part.

Demo seems far too clunky. To be honest, it's alright if their fire comes from aoe and execute, and Incin is dropped from their rotation. With debuffs, dots, cooldowns, and an execute phase, they've got plenty to do, not to mention pet management. Shadow bolts, HoG... Yep. Good to go.

Destro should not not not include dots, and the instant Soul Fire procs make them feel too much like Fire Mages with Pyroblast. Executing Shadowflame is awkward, too, requiring a caster to be in melee range of the boss or mobs for maximum damage.

Affliction uses sbolt. It shouldn't. Whether Drain Life becomes a filler, or it Aff doesn't have a filler spell at all, both are good alternatives. I'd prefer no filler, to be honest, and go back wholly to dot juggling with the reintroduction of Immo and Siphon Life. It was a silly thing to make Immo and UA exclusive to begin with, and makes no coherent sense out of the need for some arbitrary sense of damage balance.

Semi-related to rotations, that Aff's a noticeable percentage portion damage is dependent on a buff that it gives other people seems very wrong. I never liked the idea of Dark Intent, and had always hoped that it was an enemy debuff that would punish them by making me stronger when they cast hots and dots.

Fel Flame feels like a good idea that never lived up to its potential. It could be removed from the game, and I don't think anyone would miss it except for the green fire effects. Demonically enchanted fire should probably hit harder, or debilitate the enemy in some way. Refreshing Immo and UA is interesting, but the use is too limited for anyone to really appreciate this ability in a way that makes it valuable to the class.

Demon Soul is something that I never wanted. I don't want to be a class balanced around sub-par cooldowns or random procs in order to artificially prop up my damage a few points. If it's not important, trash it. Demon Soul is one of those things that I don't see anyone getting too excited over (and in fact, they complain about it). It's fun for min/maxers to pop it at just the right moment in order to maximize their numbers, but is that really what playing WoW should be about? I say nay! Let it be about enjoying your class because of the lore and feel of it, not because you can make big numbers with it. You can make big numbers with any class/spec if you do it right. Demon Soul is trivial.

I do not enjoy having to have every spell have an end-game viable niche in some spec's rotation. Some spells just get old and go unused. The Warrior ability Strike is like that (though it's specifically there to help Warriors reach Heroic Strike a few levels later, I suppose). Searing Pain is this way, currently. Let it be a high-threat mechanic and stop trying to turn it into something that it's not (a good damage spell). All of these situational abilities, for me, is just turning the game into one big mess. I want to have a solid core, and once in a while if things get really nasty (I get locked out of my main spell school), I can fall back on different offensive tactics.
Both

Raids

All the above

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
None atm

■What makes playing your class more fun?
The use of majority of my spells in pve and also pvp. The higher skill cap of this class

Every other class is starting to counter warlocks. The only time they are good is in 3v3 and Bgs. Destro being useless in pvp due to IMMOLATE being DISPELABLE with no concequinces.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I think it is at a good point but if the use of other spells and making dots last longer (refresh more) on NPCs so more spells could be used than that would be great.

Destruction more viable in pvp
New pet with questline to obtain
Curse of weakness buff
Incinerate I feel should be more for demo instead shadowbolt
Ability to kite more since my dots arent as good as they use to be and classes having numerous ways to survive or kill me 3-4xs as fast
The possiblity to kill something in 2v2 without playing double dps and without having 40 min matches LOL

Enslave demon, CURSE OF WEAKNESS, searing pain, eye of killrogg, cant think of anymore atm

I miss BC but do not wish to be overpowered. Just wish we had a chance at an equally skilled player of another class
Both, bit more PvE than PvP but this changes frequently.

Heroics and raids.

Arenas/BGs

Some fights being unable to generate additional Soul Shards. As Elspeth said above, Drain Soul having a chance to restore one on ticks, bring that back. Not having to rely on them taking up a whole bag was a good change overall. Perhaps even give locks up to 5 rather than 3?
Health Funnel's health given to the demon is sub-par.
ISF. Dont need to repeat this.
Loss of Drain Mana. I miss the awesome animation as much as the actual spell =(
Low survivability in PvP.

09/13/2011 04:20 PMPosted by Memnonseed
-There WAS a specific reward (demon) for someone willing to quest for it, now it is just 'here ya go everyone, have the same demons that everyone else had to work at' Id like to see a specific demon/ Vanity demon as a reward for diligently following a quest line.
This!!!

The general feel of warlockery. Fire and shadow and demons, my lock was all I ever wanted to play (Up til end of wrath. Got Alt-itus).

Homogeny among classes. We're clutching at straws to feel unique. Also, ISF.

Afflic is great. Destro is not. Perhaps make ISF on cast, not on hit, as quite a few times I've wasted the entire cast due to something dying during a fight. ALSO make Soul Fire benefit from Backdraft. Chaos Bolt needs to be improved, pierce through anything, damage-wise too. Make it a real nuke for the 'nuke spec'.

The Return of Drain Mana!
Something to do with the Demon Soul animation. A giant transparent figure of the demon we're merging souls with to fight with us? Similar to pally guardian. I like the idea of it being based on the demon rather than spec, its not Spec Soul, you merge with the minion you have at your side.
Changing Shadowfury and Shadowburn to scale with destro mastery (Fire/Shadow dmg?). Make Shadowburn a proper execute, not just a way of returning shards off adds in fights.
Demon Mount. I want to fly on the wings of a demon, be it a minion or my own wings.
Destro talent = Rain of Fire -> Rain of Chaos. Yes please! A real AoE!
Searing Pain - If you're giving us a tank spell, give us a tank spec (Perma-demo form?)
Higher survivability for PvP. I find myself often in dungeons using Nether Ward, and watching my health remain above the falling hp of others makes me smile like only a warlock can.
Make Shadow Bolt not completely useless for us. If we get locked out of Fire Spells, we should have something else to do.

Things that play around in my mind:
A third spec option? Dual Spec is brilliant, but due to the diverse nature of the game, 2 specs is often not enough. The cost of changing specs/gems/enchants is cringe-worthy.
An aura for locks? We are supposed to be fear-inspiring, terrifying, fire-and-shadow throwing masters of demons. Coming close gives a small chance to be horrified or feared away for a short duration with Fel/Demon Armor? *shrugs*

Searing Pain - unless i wanna try make the tank work for his threat.
Enslave Demon - not useable in useful situation, few and far between as they are.
I tend to use all my Curses (Tongues/Weakness etc) but they are situational. Leave it that way.
Banish - not enough use. Let us banish tree druids or meta locks. They turn elemental and should suffer for it. (If they're good enough they can avoid this.)
Guardian spells - need shorter CDs.
Fel Flame - Its just not worth it... But yay green fire!
Eye of Kilrogg - I love this lil guy, perhaps give him his own Detect Stealth?
Demon Mounts. Go.
I like the idea of not naming our minions, we're not hunters, we don't tame them. We pull them from the Nether, and force them to do our bidding. Keep their names.
Does anyone miss Infernals going nuts? =P

Look through some old warlock art/fanart, get inspired!
PVE

Heroics/Raids/Questing/Dailies

Don't do

It was a relief to finally not have to farm shards. Would like to see a spell for the healthstone instead of a cast like portals, would like to see the summon circle be longer than 6 min.

The difference utilities that warlocks bring to raiding/heroics

Not being able to cast and move at the same time. Plus our cast times are the longest I have seen for classes, It would be nice to be able to have some quicker spells or if they are longer that the hit for a ton of damage. No nuke for Affliction,

For Destruction, Fel Flame doesn't really fit into rotation eventhough it gives immolate a refresh, by time you get done spamming incinerate, it would be time to refresh the others anyways.

I am pretty pleased with the affliction and destruction rotations, pretty simple after you get them down. Haven't played with Demo that much but of what I have seems to be pretty simple as well once you play it enough.

Green Fire, Being able to cast and move at the same time, less cast time for spells

Eye of Killrog, Summon doom guard, summon inferno, Fel Flame, Shadow Ward, Hellfire
Last continued post for me.

Take some (all but Immo) of the dotty mechanics out of Destro, and roll them into Chaos Bolt for a real Destruction feel. Allow CB to bypass more damage reduction and immunity spells. Let's be truer to lore.
-Detect Invisibility.
-Minor Glyph of Fel Fire (turns your fire spells green).
-Remove the joined diminishing return of Seduce and Fear. This has no real bearing on lore, and doesn't make sense except for arbitrary balance expectations. (Down with Arena-balancing!)
-Remove Shadowflame entirely, or at least give it a new animation. There's a mob called "Shadowflame Master" on Mount Hyjal with a really neat shadowflame animation. I don't like that SF has a glyph to turn it into Cone of Cold, either (let's be less like Mages).
-Give Demonic Teleport an instant-cast circle drop.
-Give Soul Burn more and more interesting effects. The Drain Life Soul Burn is pitiful. Alternatively, remove Demon Soul and make Soul Burn take the power stored in a shard and infuse the Warlock, giving them that damage cooldown that some people seem to enjoy having.
-Make Aff a true debuff, draining, and dot spec. More powerful debuffs for Affliction, and let's finally let us stack up our curses on a single target to really debilitate them. Could we actually see a rise of a debuffing spec type (tank, dps, debuffer, healer scenario), with Aff leading the way?
-Bring back Aff healing via a return of the Siphon Life dot and a boosted healing to Drain Life. I want to be a drain-tank again in PvP. Even if my regular damage is pitiful, if I throw up every one of my debuffs and dots against a single target, they should be suffering hard.
-Make Chaos Bolt pass through everything sans maybe our Pally friends' bubble.
-Let the felpup have his friendly dispel back. (Down with arena balance!)
-Give Warlocks the passive Tainted Blood (http://www.wowwiki.com/Tainted_Blood) mechanic.
-Demon wings for our class flying mount, or a flying Dreadsteed.
-Make UA and Immo not exclusive on a target. This makes no coherent sense, and shouldn't have happened to begin with. Balance should not supersede reason or lore.
-Remove Dark Intent. I am a selfish Warlock, and I don't want to buff people. I certainly don't want to buff people in order to do my max damage.
-Bring back Drain Mana (down with Arena and healer-based balancing!).
-Let me sacrifice people again.
-Let Demonology become a more demony pet spec via changing Enslave Demon to their spec-specific skill which allows them to take different demons from the world and use them like real pets. This would take the cake of making a Demonology Warlock feel like he/she was a master of demons.
-Female Metamorphosis form.
-Shadow Cleave given back to Meta, but with some sort of aoe knockback. When I go Meta, I want it to feel like a beast has been unleashed. Knockbacks can accomplish this well.
-Remove or rework Fel Flame so that it feels respectable as an ability, instead of movement-phase filler.
-Remove or rework Demon Soul. Why would I ever want to combine my Warlock master soul with the soul of my lowly minion who I don't respect enough to even care about? Combining my soul with my demon is probably going to weaken me, if anything.
-Shadow Ward scaling.
-Voidwalker Sacrifice bubble scaling.
-Voidwalker threat output increased drastically.
-Old Fel Armor. I don't like being a Shadow Priest remake. I don't want their mechanics.
-Make Destro destructiony again, with their huge crit modifiers (bigger than everyone else's, ya) and blow-you-up spells.
-Remove Soul Swap.
-A return of the Warlock class quests, especially the Dreadsteed quest chain. Make them work for it if they want a free class mount. Very truly, that was my favorite quest chain to date.
-Better health scaling on our tank pet (Mr. Voidy).
-Better visual for my Warlock summoning stone. The demon TV look wasn't a good one. Just give me back that little pedestal from Ritual of Doom.
-Health Funnel returning to it's old duration so I don't have to spam click it to heal my pet.
-MUCH less reliance on pets for damage. More interest in pets for utility.
-I don't want to be balanced around healer mana anymore. It caused a lot of strange class changes, and Aff's token healing and Drain Mana went away for it. Lore and feel > balance.
-Affliction-only instant-death spell with a long cooldown.
-Demonic Teleport to have a 100 yard range.
-UA dispel severity increased hugely. Make UA a "do it and die" choice. Bring fear back to the Warlock class. I think this is actually missing from all classes in WoW. No one has something that can't be countered anymore, and it's bringing down the room. No originality, no fear, no glory, just robotic numbers and some elaborate chess game called PvE rotations and PvP "fights".

Searing Pain
Enslave Demon

Both

Heroics

BG's/Arena

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Having to channel back my soul shards when resurrecting in a BG. Minimal melee damage mitigation. Other caster classes have (Iceblock, Shields, Dispertion ECT) warlocks are lacking in the department.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

Having a variety of pets for different scenarios. Demonic Magic. Cool looking fire spells. Fear. Teleporting. Lots of utilities instead of just damage.

Having to channel soul shards when rez'd. Having few tools to defend against melee attackers. It would be nice if Death Coil removed all dots on the target so fear doesn't break as fast.

I play Destro and love the rotation. Having to keep up dots, curses and banes while casting priority spells makes it a challenging spec to master. Love it, love it, love it.

Stun Ward: Making the Warlock immune to the next stun for 30 seconds with a 2-3 minute cool down.

Customizable Pets: It would be awesome to have a barber shop for your Voidwalker, Imp, Succubus ETC.

Disarm: Since I can be silenced, it would be nice to be able to cast disarm on a melee attacker :)

Searing Pain
Eye of Killrog
Fel Flame
# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As someone who plays many DPS classes somewhat competently (enough to do a correct rotation at least) I find the Warlock rotations to be the most complex, requiring many keybinds. Complex does not equate to a negative thing as long as complexity of play is rewarded. If warlocks start trending towards the middle or bottom in terms of DPS when compared to other classes yet maintain a rotation that requires darn near every spell available to them as it does now, I think it becomes a bit unfair to the warlock player. In short, higher player skill/complexity should be rewarded with higher numbers.

Also you know, the whole being a pure dps class thing.
What type of content do you focus on?
Exclusively PvE as an Affliction Lock, I've never even stepped inside a BG/Arena with this toon.

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Seem to spend most of my time doing Heroics, but I also raid weekly.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
I don't PvP

Summon Doom Guard and Summon Infernal should reset on wipe, a bit annoying having to gauge whether you're on a good try or not before summoning your pets.
Resurrecting with a Soul Stone and summoning a Soul Stone shouldn't be two different spells. You should simply select a player, if he's alive he's Soul Stone'd, if he's dead, he's battle rezzed.
Considering a lot of our dps comes from timing our ticks, (EG during the Execute phase casting Haunt just as your Drain Soul ticked instead of right before) it'd be fun if we had something in-game to allow us to monitor the ticks.
Sometimes if you cast Soul Swap too soon after casting your last dot, it won't swap that last dot, make Soul Swap's travel time just as long, or longer than the dots.

Having a bunch of little spells that add up to a lot of damage.
Lots of instant cast spell that, if you're skillful, can be put on a bunch of mobs to make the charts fly.
Having a bunch of pets at once, even when you're not Demo (Fel Hunter, Ebon Imp, Doomguard/Infernal).

Shadow Bolt spamming is pretty boring, one of the first spells you get and you're still spamming it when doing Heroic Raids.
Signature spells of the spec (Unstable Affliction) lacks flair, you're not getting anything that looks flashy or changes the way you play, it's only Immolate w/o the fire.
Fel Hunter always being the pet of choice, Imp, Voidwalker and Succubus just never see the light of day.
Affliction lacks burst damage, a part of it is probably by design, but we're really bad in encounters that involve killing a single mob fast.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Pretty good, like that you have to work a lot at first to get an optimal opening, and then you can relax a bit during the actual fight as you mostly have to refresh your dots.
Would love to know if every dot's ticks update "on-the-fly" according to buffs/debuffs. Heard that some of the debuffs just do no work all that well with dots (Shadow Embrace)
Affliction really lacks a good AoE though, spamming Seed of Corruption is so/so.

A new pet at some point would be nice, getting some flash, something impressive to look at would also be nice, I hope you find a new spell to replace Shadow Bolt (Drain Life would be fun, but a new spell would be nice too)

Searing Pain, had to look up the spell to remember what it was.
Curses, besides Curse of the Elements I just never use any of those.