Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Prev 1 54 55 56 76 Next
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PVE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raids

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

As a Destruction (favoured) warlock the biggest issue would be the duration of the Soulfire buff and/or lack of compensation for it. ie should be more benefit from it like crit or haste as well as dmg component, or should last longer as a basic 2.5-3sec cast every 12 secs is painfully slow for a spec that has always been about nuking.

■What makes playing your class more fun?

The inate sense of evil.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

Lack of viablility for my prefered spec (destruction) forcing me to change to Demonology or Affliction to progress in raids and PvP.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Don't mind it at all except for the Soulfire buff duration (as stated above)

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Possibly buff burning embers with the ability to crit.

Maybe make Backlash incorparate a crit buff like it used to (or even a haste buff) so destro could spec into it for PVE and out of improved corruption.

It would be good if Mastery meant somthing to Destruction.

■What spells do you use the least?

Searing Pain
Enslave Demon
Eye of Kilrog
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
  • Currently, solely PVE.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • Current 10man raiding content

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • in the past: arenas and BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • Demonic Portal duration not suitable for the lengths of most Firelands encounters. Meh.
  • Our pet heal would likely be better utilized as a HOT rather than a channeled spell.
  • More sources for replenishing soulshards or more soulshards (mostly to make up for ISF and Destro, where I mainly save my shards for soulburn+soulfires)

What makes playing your class more fun?
  • The utility in each spec, and versatility between the specs.
  • Nether Ward makes me so happy.

What makes playing your class less fun?
  • The fact that it feels like starting a car on a cold morning with the amount of time it takes to get everything up and running so the fun can begin as Destro or just to DPS as Afflicition. Slightly less so with Demo. (see: rotation)
  • flimsy Survivability/"Outs" that tend to be very pet dependent beyond fears and HI I AM A PORTAL portals and/or freakishly good portal placement.
  • Through a Glass, Darkly

• also: Improved Soulfire. Even with a crazy amount of haste, Soulfire takes entirely too long to cast to maintain on fights with heavy movement - at which point I'm left at the mercy of Empowered Imp procs or whatever soul shards I have left so I can cast it instantly.

also also wic: Destro losing the ability to keep Immolate up through the use of other spells (was it conflag?) like it was able to in Wrath, and like Affliction is able to maintain Corruption and Demo is able to maintain Immolate currently. And, unfortunately, using Fel Flame to achieve this is a loss in simulations, defeating the purpose.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • Affliction is fairly relaxing.
  • Demonology rotation is also fairly relaxing once hulking out is over... with exception of swapping pets around to get the felguard's demonsoul effect with the felhunter's dps.
  • I love Destro and still play it. ISF is a PITA, though. If not for ISF interrupting things, I think Destro's rotation is just fine.

• In regard to all three specs, however, it takes several GCDs to get everything in place and ramped up:
    • Curse of Elements ► Main Dot/Damage enhancing spell ► Corruption ► Bane ± Soulburn and/or spec specific gimmick and a Demon Soul in there somewhere = 4 to 7 GCDs plus cast times before we're ready to go.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
I love and hate it, but top of my wishlist is...
  • ►►► That ISF ends up in the Special Hell. ◄◄◄
  • (or gets a severe makeover)
  • That Destro be more BOOM than DoT DoT DoT and mediocre filler with an occasional conflag.
  • Or
  • if Destro's supposed to be a "slow burn" to set it aside from mages, then more burninating dots rather than afflictiony dots so that they can benefit from Destro's mastery.
  • A little more green and/or purple fire (ala Fel Flame and Shadowflame).
  • It would be cool if Meta was like Moonkin form, but only if it had a female model for female pixels. Or a warlocky twist on shadowform.
  • The felguard should get more action in Demo.
  • To have Sense Demons back.

What spells do you use the least?
  • Searing Pain (I actually TRIED using this the other night to pull threat off a tank and it didn't work.)
  • Soulburn (PVE affliction)
  • Curse of Weakness
  • Drain Life
  • Control Demon
  • Demonic Empowerment
  • Health Funnel

• What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• High end raiding

• If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

• N/A

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• The doomguard/infernal being on a 10 minute cooldown prevents it from being used every attempt on progression, except for the longest of fights.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Having the ability to focus on self-healing (via drain life) at the cost of dps provides flexibility that other classes lack.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• Feeling shoehorned into a specific pet because it's considered "the best" for that spec. Ideally pets should be a choice of utility, not a choice of highest dps.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?

• Affliction: Lack of useful ability to use Soulburn on. SB: Soul Fire provides a miniscule dps increase, and SB: Healthstone is only useful on few fights.

Bane of Agony feels like it should be the primary bane for Affliction. Bane of Doom fits Demonology well, and Destruction has Bane of Havoc. Increasing its effectiveness to be competitive with Bane of Doom would alleviate that.

Demonology: Pet swapping because of the Felguard's lackluster dps adds unnecessary complexity to the spec. Glyph of Felguard could be used to increase its single target dps, but lower its AOE potential.

Decimation is an extremely weak execute and can be foregone entirely at a minimal dps loss. Decimation needs to increase the damage of Soul Fire, or allow Soul Fire to work with Impending Doom.

Destruction: Chaos Bolt is arguably one of the weakest 31 point talents in the game. It needs something beyond the piercing and Soul Leech effect to feel like a "fun button to press."

Improved Soul Fire still feels clunky. Increasing the duration of the buff, increasing the proc chance of Empowered Imp, or increasing the buff duration of Empowered Imp would do wonders for the talent.

Improved Searing Pain should be redesigned to give destruction a viable execute in conjunction with Shadowburn.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• More useful Soulburn options on key abilities. Some examples:

SB: Shadowflame - increases damage over time portion by 4 seconds
    SB: Shadow Ward - shadow damage absorbed by the ward heals you for 100% of the damage it would have caused

Enslave Demon would work like a temporary Hunter's tame pet. Enslaved demons would only be under control of the warlock for as long as a conjured item would last (15 minutes after logging out). This would provide flexibility and a certain fun-factor for PvE locks of all kinds.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Curse of Weakness
    Enslave Demon
    Health Funnel
    Eye of Kilrogg
    Unending Breath
    Summon Infernal
    Rain of Fire
    Searing Pain
    Demonic Empowerment

I used to PvE exclusively, but have switched almost entirely to a PvP focus after Wrath. I just don’t have the time anymore for raiding.

Occasionally, I’ll do a random five-person heroic.

Lots of random BGs and Arena.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Demonic Portal is a frustrating escape mechanic for me. I feel like no matter where I put it, it’s a giant, glowing green beacon telling my enemies exactly where I’ll be when I get into trouble. If nothing else, I’d at least like to see it become invisible to enemy players, but I also think a longer range on it would be a huge quality of life improvement. As it stands now, I feel tethered to it, and if I get out of range, I’m pretty much well and truly boned.

I think Affliction is a tremendously fun spec. I love the dots, I love the felhunter, I love the way affliction feels when I play it. I would love, however to ditch Shadowbolt spam in place of Drainlife/Drainsoul. It just makes more sense to me and feels more…affliction-y. I would be more than willing to give up some of the healing utility for increased damage.

Watching my dots get dispelled over and over again with relatively little impact. Coupled with a fairly hefty ramp-up time, it can take a while before I make a dent in enemy healthpools.

Also, being tethered to that demonic portal is frustrating. Putting it in the wrong spot or being even slightly out of range is totally punishing.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    I love the affliction rotation. But would love it more if we could ditch Shadowbolt spam in place of Drainlife/Drainsoul.

Shadows Embrace baked into Haunt as a single application. And having that transfer with Soulswap.

Better dispel protection in UA. As it stands now it doesn’t feel like a hard choice to leave it or dispel it; it’s more of a slap on the wrist than a true penalty.

I would love to have some more utility around Enslave Demon. I think it would be cool if it could function similar to the way hunters tame pets. There are some really cool looking demons out there in the game world…and I want to enslave them. I'd just like some more variety and choice.

Might be nice to have a flight form, similar to metamorphosis, no mount required, or something that builds of the Dreadsteed model as a fiery flying demon horse.

Also, and I may have mentioned this before, I’d love to replace Shadowbolt with Drainlife/Drainsoul. Just thought I’d mention it. Again. In case you missed it.

Eye of Killrog
    Searing Pain
    Hellfire
    PVE

Currently in a competitive raiding guild and really enjoying it.

My conflagrate doesn't dim out if there's still an immolation on the target, even if mine has fallen off. It's not a really big issue, just a little annoyance.

Every spec plays very differently from each other. So, raid composition allowing, you can play something different depending on your mood. Not to mention that cookies make you popular. Setting up a summoning portal before going into buildings is also a very nice ability.

I can't really think of much. I enjoy having to switch pets. Keeping Improved SoulFire up is a pain and a half though. It wouldn't be as bad if it maybe lasted 25-30 seconds instead of fifteen.

I enjoy the differences and similarities between the three specs. My only qualm really is with the Improved Soulfire buff, if it lasted longer then it would be much less of a pain.

Warlocks being able to summon people to them on their own. I think that since you have already integrated 'Have Group Will Travel' for individuals to summon entire parties/raids to their location, I don't think it would be outrageous to allow warlocks to summon party/raid members to them individually without using the cool down. ((Especially since mages can put up portals on their own without needing 2 people to help them summon it))

Control Demon
    **POST 1 OF 2**

What type of content do you focus on?
    Mostly PvE. Main is Destruction, alt is Affliction. Really no experience with Demonology.

Right now still working on leveling (this guy is an alt), but eventually looking to go raiding.

If PvP, what type of PvP?
    I have not done much PvP with my Warlock yet, but hopefully once I hit 85 I'll give it a shot.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
    -I still feel like the new pet 'Assist' function feels a little clunky. Most of the time my demon attacks what I tell it to attack, but that 10% of the time it decides to do whatever it wants, and that's annoying.
    -Soul Shards are completely useless IMO (see below). If I had a resource mechanic (besides mana) that I legitimately felt compelled to use, I'd feel more like a Warlock. Instead, right now I feel like a Shadow Priest, a Fire Mage, and a Beast Hunter rolled into one class.

Playing my warlock is fun and exciting. I feel like I can put out comparative DPS, and bring a lot more to the table with my demons and debuffs. It feels strange to explain, but when I play my Warlock, I feel evil, and that's fun and exciting.

The rotations. Destruction feel clunky, covoluted, and thrown together. Affliction feels simplistic and entirely too dependent on one spell to work. It feels weird that the 'burn' spec has more DoT's than the DoT spec.

It's also depressing that I'm locked into a demon when I choose my spec. What if I don't want an imp as Destruction? Maybe I want my Voidwalker. Well guess what, that's not an option. Too many talents and too much DPS is dependent on one demon. Make them all matter.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    Destruction's rotation is annoying, but manageable. I personally don't like having my rotations dependent on one spell or debuff (Corruption for Affliction, or Immolate for Destro). It feels waaaaay too forced. That being said, right now I'd pick Afflic over Destro right now, just from the sheer simplicity. Destro has WAY too many buttons to press for a spec that does the least damage overall compared to the other specs.
    **POST 2 OF 2***

Oh God, where do I begin?
    -I truly believe the new Soul Shard system is a failure. Not enough abilities use it, and the ones that do are either minor, rarely used buffs (Teleport, Soulfire, Healthstone) or quality of life perks (instant Demons). It either needs to go completely, or give Soul Burn some real things to do. I find myself almost never using it unless I need to revive a fallen pet, or I need a quick Improved Soul Fire. An entire resource mechanic shouldn't be necessary for a handful of abilities. As far as a solution, I can't think of any off of the top of my head, but I will say this: The old Soul Shard mechanic would have been fine if you had let the Shards stack.
    -Demons: If you're going to classify them as pets, at least give them the Hunter treatment. Locking Imps into Destruction, Felhunters for Affliction, and Felguards for Demonology doesn't seem fair to the other demons out there. Give each pet a 'real' raid buff, and let the spec bring the pet. Let Destruction and Affliction warlocks bring Succubi, or Felhunters, or whatever they feel like bringing. If you want to play the pet card, leave that all to Demonology. Give that spec the extra pet spells as talents or something to make them feel like 'pet matters', but it's just not fun to have an extra mob doing the exact same thing you do.
    -I feel generally each spec's rotation is entirely way to dependent on having one spell up. Most of Destruction's rotation basically requires Immolate to be up (Conflag, Backdraft, Fire and Brimstone). Same with Affliction and Corruption. Not a fan. One dispel or miss and I have to waste precious time redoing an entire rotation. I shouldn't be this dependent on one spell. (Granted, other classes such as Paladins are dependent on certain abilities like Crusader Strike, but a miss doesn't mess up their entire rotation).
    -Unstable Affliction doesn't need to be a separate ability. Make it an Affliction talent that changes Immolate's damage from Fire to Shadow.
    -Shadowburn needs to be baseline. Give all of the specs a real execute.
    -Soul Fire: Either give Destruction a quick fix by lowering its cast time, or give us the buff some other way. This spell is otherwise useless.
    -There are quite a few other abilities that give us the Warlock feel, yet we don't see them. I'd love to have, say, Hellgaze (off of the Redstone Basilisk in Blasted Lands) as a channeled fire damage DoT with the movement debuff.
    -Make Nether Ward baseline. Just do it. Instead of Shadow Ward, give us something unique (because Priests give us Shadow Protection). Fire Protection maybe?
    -Overall, and in summation, this class needs an entire overhaul to feel as fun and playable as most of the other classes. Each other class feels unique and fun; this class feels like a Shadow Priest, a Fire Mage, and a Beast Hunter had an unholy child and unleashed him on Azeroth.

Soulburn: Anything
    Bane of Agony
    Searing Pain
    Summon Succubus
    Eye of Kilrogg
    Curse of Tongues
    Enslave Demon
    Hellfire
    Curse of Exhaustion
    Fel Flame (For finally giving us green fire, this was really disappointing.)
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]■
    I play both but do PvP far more.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]■
    Dungeon Heroics each week for valor cap and guild raids.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]■
    I do it all. Arenas, BGs, and a Rated BG whenever the opportunity comes up.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.■
    The soul shard change was a huge change that I have personally loved. Not having to farm shards before a raid these days keeps me sane.

What makes playing your class more fun?■
    The lore of the class, each spec bringing roughly equal dps to a raid so spec is a personal choice.

What makes playing your class less fun?■
    Sheer aggravation of dueling warriors and DKs. Their CDs COMPLETELY negate almost all our damage and ALL of our CC. And giving Rogues a PvP heal? Especially after taking away our fel armor regen? You made the class Blizz, just don't set it and forget it.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)■
    I play Demo for PvE. The playstyle is extremely fun and the rotation is pretty solid at the moment.

What’s on your wish list for your class?■
    -Giving Hand of Gul'dan an aura type defuff instead of a specific location a raid boss has to stand in order to receive the benefit. To keep it a solid ability for AoE fights, give the aura a small 6-10 yd radius it affects once it hits the primary target.
    -Make a change to either the Impending Doom talent or Ancient Grimoire talent in the Demo tree. The changes could have the Impending Doom talent add our Doomguard/Infernal CDs to it or have Ancient Grimoire provide a flat decrease to the CD by 2 1/2 mins per talent point. This would make the CD 5 mins and would be up for every boss encounter. Of course it still wouldn't be allowed in pvp b/c it's base CD is 10 mins, so there isn't a pvp balance issue. This would help Demo's single target damage be more consistant.
    -In PvE, give Destro a more spammable finisher like Demo's Soul Fire or Affliction's Drain Soul. Or have some type of talent that could remove/reduce the CD of Shadowburn. The glyph is OK but definitely doesn't make it a spammable finisher spell for raid bosses.
    -In PvP, PLEASE PLEASE GIVE IMMOLATE DISPEL PROTECTION JUST LIKE UNSTABLE AFFLICTION!!!

Tough one. I do miss Drain Mana though for PvP. Probably Eye of Kilrogg but when I do use it for scouting in BGs it proves to be very useful. Allows me to call out incs with more time to allow teammates to come aid us. In other words, DON"T TAKE IT AWAY. Though I would be interested in a flat trade to have Drain Mana back. Doesn't seem right that priests have dispels, off heals, mana burn, mind control, disarms, and Leap of faith. Give mana worries back to us locks.
    PVE

Heroics, Questing, Dailies

We have a large array of spells (although it does feel like the spellbook is bloated), we play differently than any other class and it's just a really fun class to play in general.

Low survivability, no real "oh crap" button like some classes have, weak cc (except banish)

I mainly play as Destro and the rotation/priorities are just very clunky. Hard casting Soulfire in an environment were a lot of moving is required is not fun and the overall danage output of the spec doesn't reflect it's complication.

Green fire, demon taming or more demon selection options, demon naming, warlock only flying mount, better glyphs(ours are really horrible) and better designed talent trees.

Eye of Kilrog, Bane of Agony, Succubus, Voidwalker, hellfire, searing pain
    Used to PVE but now I'm learning to PvP
    I'm just gonna cut to the chase, over all I really like my lock as it has a lot of synergy with other classes. I like the utility I bring to the group and the pressure I can put on the other team is fun.
    What I don't care for is the fact that melee can just sit on me and be immune to any cc I have. I would like a disarm I can use on melee, at least that way I can have a fighting chance to live through the other classes immunities to my cc's. (please make it a lock ability not a pet ability, you guys would probably put it on the void walker =P)
    Least used spell
    Enslave Demon

I focus on mainly PVE

I'm a regular Raider

Generally the high maintenance nature of improved soul fire in the destro spec. Destro already has to keep up 3 dots as well as keep conflag and chaos bolt on cooldown, so keeping track of keeping that buff up can be difficult, especially during a boss fight.

I feel as though the class is a nice balance between challenging to master, but fun to play.

Probably the fact that Shadow priests and mages can do what we do but better and easier

For Destro: Hardcasting ISF sucks, and chaos bolt is generally a worthless 31 point talent as its dps increase over incinerate seems to be minimal.

For Affliction - I generally like this rotation, other than Haunt taking a few seconds to hit.

-A complete reworking of ISF so that we either don't need to hard cast it every 15 (every minute is much better)
    - Chaos bolt actually being a worthwhile 31 pt talent, because as it stands, it's kinda a joke
    - buffing destro in general. while I like affliction, destro seems to have less AoE utility and should do more single target damage. As it stands, there really isn't a dps reason to play the destro spec; it's a harder rotation and does less aoe and single target dps. It's also worthless in pvp.

Felflame, Searing pain, Curse of Tongues, Eye of Kilrogg
    Premearly PvP

old school content

Arenas, BG, RBG, World (when avalable)

I would say noting really harms the quality of my lock-life. however i did somwhat enjoy stocking up soleshards and then using them for more things.

I particularly enjoy the mobility of playing a lock, as the meat of our spells are ether insta cast or a quick apply/drain. This gives us the advantage of being able to move around the battlefield and effectively kite melee classes to sum degree.

I enjoy putting pressure on enemy healers by DoT'ing all targets in the battle to effectivly strech out the applyed healing.

I think the de-buffs we have are a really cool concept (elements) (weakness) however could be implemnted more centuraly into the lock's use in tandem with fears.

EYE OF KELROG IS AWESOME!!!!

this class has a lot of utility abilitys that give it a lot to do, and i really find that fun
    Its dificult to "get off" a melee class once there on you. In a situation where you are trying to kill the apposing player and it is just you and him, the lock's DoT's will stop a fear before you can get enough range.

I really like that locks in a PvP situation have sutch an open rotation, it is verry situational pvp wether you want to use a GcD on a fear, DoT, or debuff is constantly changing from engagement to engagement.

Overall: The hold concept of being a Warlock is that you deal with the demons, curses, and souls. I would like to see more use of soule shards, wepon buffs, "sole corrupting" a target with something that proceeds through death but links you and your target.

Perhaps an aura system simmler to that of a Pally. (Thease are examples)
    Aura of woe- The Warlock's demonic presence strikes those around him/her with hopelessness 3% less haste (percent increases with talents)
    Aura of Demonic Command - The Warlock assumes dark command with his demon and party increasing his party primary stat by 50, and his demon's attack power by 100
    Aura of the Fell - (fell armor)
    Demonic bullwork - (demon armor) however increase the armor gained so that it is a significant survivability armor.
    Aura of defiled earth - The warlock's unholly presance corrupts the verry ground he stands uppon increasing movment speed by 15%

Affliction:
    push the class's feel toward specifically dot damage and de-buffs. i would be ok if shadow-bolt was compleatly removed from the affliction tree and instead add another de-buff or something simaler to a "sole corrupt" where you can perform lasting damage on a target.

Perhaps a armor that increased speed by 15% to match a dk?

decrease the damage of shadow bolt but allow us to cast while moving.
    (Demo)
    (affliction)
    ya ditching shadowbolt in the affliction tree, and replaceing it with some other dot would be awesome
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    Both, but mainly PvE

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Heroics and Raids

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    Most BGs but Arenas when I can find someone to do them with

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Nothing I can really think of at the moment. Perhaps destro not being so reliant on a spell that takes too long to cast for most fights.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    Trying to see if I can keep up with the dps crazy classes. I've been playing warlock since vanilla and I've always prefered destro over the others, but it's always the one that is the worst to play, dps wise. It seems to be the more preferred/popular class to play, but everyone is forced to play affliction or demon because they bring better raid dps.

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    Seeing classes that take one spell to do as much as I do casting 6 or more. Not being able to survive against melee classes. It's just stupid that every class now is a counter to warlocks in pvp. DKs with their anti magic shield, rogues with cloak, warriors with everything, enhance shaman with shamanistic rage glyph+tremor totem. Whenever a melee gets on me in PVP I just stand there and let them kill me, cause I can't get away, I can't keep them away from me. Even if I get to fear a warrior and try to put some distance he just charges me or a rogue has me slowed with poison or a DK has me slowed with their dots. It makes me want to PVP less and less.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    When I'm affliction it's pretty straight forward on what you have to do, nothing difficult. But destro is like trying to fly a plane. And it's made even worse by the fact that ISF, like everyone is saying, just doesn't work for the rotation. It takes too long to cast and it really doesn't seem like it gives that great a benefit.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    To see destro be good again and for soul fire to actually be a hard hitting spell like it use to be. I don't think a spell that has the longest cast time should hit for as hard or less than say incinerate or conflag. It almost makes me feel useless to the raid when I'm always down at the bottom on the dps meters and the only reason that I'm destro is so my raid group can have replenishment. Also to see mastery useful to a warlock spec. It makes other classes, namely mages and boomkins, ridiculous and for warlocks it's just not good to have at all.

■What spells do you use the least?
    Eye of Killrogg, control demon, when destro searing pain I don't use at all. Heck I don't remember the last time I used searing pain.

And another thing, why do druid mushrooms get to hit for so hard and other AOEs are just weak in comparison. Today in my FL raid our boomkin did almost 100k dps on an aoe trash pull while everyone else was 20-30k. I mean seriously, that's just ridiculous.
    mostly PVE

everything up to and including 25m raids, which are my preference.

We have a ridiculous amount of stuff to redo between pulls. we must:
    resummon pet
    refill soulshards
    rebuff (fel armor, soul link, foods)
    give everyone new healthstones
    reconjure our soulstone if we used it

I mean, compare that to what the rest of the classes have to do...which is "get full health and maybe rebuff one ore two spells). I'm always the last one ready for the next pull, it gets a little annoying.

I like the complexity.

I like it. I've played all three specs at some point this expansion and enjoy them all.
    The one thing I don't like is our lack of "right now!" burst damage. So much of our dps comes from dot uptime and buff/debuff management, which is okay, but it feels like there's not a valid option for short dps spikes on adds that won't live long enough for our dots to become effective. I would absolutely kill for a mind-spike equivalent; something that won't top the meters if we ignore everything else, but that might be worth casting.

in order of preference -
    1: a mind-spike equivalent
    2: get rid of conjure soulstone and replace it with a simple spell. I wouldn't like the ability to go away, just the need to conjure an item in order to use it. it seems like it would be simple enough to simply give us a spell that triggers the same effect as the conjured soulstone.
    3: have soulshards regen out of combat and/or upon resurrection.
    4: give healthstones charges. or make it so that they're not consumed, but only exist while in group with the warlock. or something like that.

fel flame, searing pain, curse of weakness/tongues

Both

Heroics

BGs

Managing soul shards through death can be annoying at times. In PvP environments, to be respawned with full health and mana but without full shards means I have to stay behind and generate them rather than get back in the fight!

The versatility of the Soulburn, and for PvP, the array of Fear affects possible
    The complexity of the class, no matter what the spec. I don't pretend to know everything about how to be a good warlock, but I love how the class involves a higher level of complexity and awareness to be good at. Poetry in motion, indeed.

The disappearing pet action bar glitch. And the occasional loss of a pet when traveling through a 'vehicle.' The dragon ride through Grim Batol and the swirling vortex that sends the player to Siamat in the Lost City of the Tol'Vir both despawn pets. The pet despawning during ground mount rides is getting irritating also.

In PvE: I use destro, and I think there is too much hard casting at the front of the rotation. My opening salvo consists of Bane of Doom, Soul Fire, and Immolate. Between the GCD, the (relatively) long cast time of Soul Fire, and Immolate, I feel as if I'm not really involved in the fight for the first 5 or 6 seconds- which could sometimes be half of the fight!

In PvP: I use affliction. My only suggestion would be to change the behavior of Bane of Doom when affected by Soul Swap; rather than remove the Bane from the first target and apply to the second, I would prefer it stay on the first and Soul Swap only pulls Corruption and UA

Also, Drain Life could be buffed a little. I try to use DL in PvP to proc the Nightfall talent, but I often find by the time all my affliction spells are applied to all targets I have to either pop emergency CDs like Death Coil or Healthstone, then then I have to reapply DoTs. In 1v1 fights, Drain Life doesn't heal enough to be worth getting hit in the face; the healthier choice is often to fear a target to save what health I have rather than try to heal myself with DL.

As for the affliction tree as a whole, I think some of the talents should be reworked or removed. I have never, ever seen any warlock with points in the Improved Fear Talent, and I see very few with the Soulburn: Seed of Corruption talent. Maybe bring back the felhunter talents in the affliction tree?

Some different minor glyphs with more utility! I would love to see a glyph for Banish that would decrease cast time; it becomes very helpful against frost mages. I'd also love to see the Nether Ward talent changed into a glyph instead.

For PvP, at least one more chance to apply fear before targets become immune. With the number of twinks these days, and their massive health and mana pools, the only way to bring them down with DoTs is to interrupt their healing spell casts with a fear effect. After they become immune to fear and heal themselves up again, gg.

Also, it would be great to make a few more of the pet abilities autocast. The Imp's Singe Magic and the Felhunter's similar ability come to mind. The spells would have great utility in all settings, but for now I don't have time to spare to activate them myself. Even if the tradeoff is a longer cooldown, they would be used more than they are now.

Even more uses for Soulburn, please! Those available are fantastic!

A snare effect that can be learned without being in a specific spec. I recall reading somewhere that Warlocks and Druids are the only classes without a snare (untalented). In certain PvE scenarios, this makes having a lock or druid in the group a major liability; the heroic Erudax fight in Grim Batol comes to mind.

My only other idea is the radical concept of pet talents. I'm not suggesting a huge tree and progression like hunter pets, but a way to fine tune a pet's ability to tailor to one specific purpose. For example, a warlock could sort of... reforge the damage away from the imp's firebolt spell and instead increase the affect of Blood Pact. Or a felguard could have the damage of his Bladestorm ability reduced in exchange for a buff to the healing debuff of his Legion Strike, or vice versa. just something to think about.

Eye of Kilrogg
    Summon Infernal (after Doomguard is unlocked)
    Enslave Demon