Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Prev 1 68 69 70 76 Next
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?
Heroics and raids

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

What makes playing your class more fun?
Having Demon pets with Metamorphsis, being able to always cast something all the time.

What makes playing your class less fun?
Being able not to take a hit in PvP or getting resists with debuffs.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Perfect

What’s on your wish list for your class?
Curse of Recklessness to come back, favorite back when I started when trying to solo Dead Mines and Stockades for kicks. Longer duration for Demon form. Customized appearance for Demon form.

What spells do you use the least?
Seed of Corruption while in Demon spec
Unending breath
Healthstone
Summon Felhunter
Summon Imp
Summon Doomguard
Drain Life
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
both
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
all
■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
bgs arenas
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Poor implimentation of soulburn, and bliz's love affair with all casters hardcasting.
■What makes playing your class more fun?
Hand of guldan, felstorm, demon form, teleporting, dots.
■What makes playing your class less fun?
For affliction, bliz's mindset that dots are too easy, and more damage needs to come from hard casts. Drain soul/life should replace hardcasting shadowbolts, it fits completely with the whole dot you to death thing that's the ONLY reason why people play affliction.

Demon spec is fine for the most part, but felguard is inferior to felhound. Why would you allow the baseline pet to be better than your talented pet?

Destruction's "rotation"
■How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Affliction has enough hardcasts with haunt and reapplying UA. There's on reason they should have to spam shadowbolt. No affliction lock likes it.

Destruction is a convoluted mess. So many different abilities you have to moniter and maintain all for very little pay off. When a spec like arcane is allowed to out dps a destro lock with just two button presses compared to the 9-10 buttons in the locks rotation, you know very little thought has gone into how a lock is played. Hardcasting soulfire for the buff is just a pain in the !@#, esp. when your imp decides to make it instant for you right after.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
More synergy with demons in all specs. Make destro specable for either shadow damage or fire damage. make succi the demon for a destro shadow spec. Make shadow spec'd destro best at pvp. Fix soulburn to do what you first intended b4 you decided to just say screw it. Make soulburn a buff to the lock that increases various aspects.

Let affliction do what it's designed to do and dot people to death. Shadowbolt=/= fun for affliction.

Get rid of failflame all together, just give all locks the ability to cast something on the move.

Make felguard the demon of choice all the time for demo spec.

■What spells do you use the least?
Trick question, if we answer this you'll just cut more spells that we like out and give us ones we don't like....

eh..FELFLAME i never use it.
Pvp

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
None

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
Arenas, BGs, and Rated BGs

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

A nuke as afflic. Shadow Embrace should stack 3 times with haunt or shadow bolt (1 cast not 3). Afflic single target damage should be higher. Shadow Bolt should have a Lower cast time and benefit from afflic mastry. Immolate would be nice it it wasnt dispellable, giving destro some hope in PVP. Destro damage buff. Some kind of disarm. we have all the tools vs casters but none vs melee. Maybe a root or some kind of immunity to physical damage. Being able to port out of stuns without having to use a trinket.

everything about a lock is fun.

Taking to long for damage to ramp up. Not being able to put out pressure without help. Dispels taking 2 dots off one target and healing them. Dk AMS makes it almost imposable to kill them as afflic. Lock outs without being able to cast anything but Fel Flame that hits for 3k. Having to spec into destro just to make shadow bolt have a faster cast time and hit harder......

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Nothing is wrong with the Rotation.

Flying mount.

For pvp only.
[Bane of Doom] [Curse of Weakness] [Seed of Corruption] [Enslave Demon] [Eye of Kilrogg] [Soulshatter] [Summon Infernal] [Summon Doomguard] [Rain of Fire].

one long list :). I hope this helps
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
  • used to be pve, now moving to pvp
  • If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
  • 10mans
  • If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
  • BGs
  • What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
  • new ss mechanic is good. Voidy no longer seems to be able to hold much threat?! No silence spell unlike other casters.
  • What makes playing your class more fun?
  • to me a warlock conjures a certain picture of the kind of spells they wield and I feel affliction and to a lesser extent destruction capture that
  • What makes playing your class less fun?
  • I think demonology has lost it's way a bit where it feels like debuffed destruction with a mildly buffed pet. Felguard is not the ace card it once was.
  • How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
  • As affliction quite happy, but agree with other posters re drain life vs shadowbolt. I liked the suggestion of drain life having greater damage offset by returning less health
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?
  • Why can't warlocks have the same relationship with demons as hunters have with their pets? We are both moderately pet dependant after all. Hunters can train a wide variety of pets, but we can't do the same with demons. I'd love to see warlocks be able to train (maybe call it "dominate") demons in the wild, and have them as permanent pets. Set a limit to the number you can keep, just like hunters. Hunters can examine potential pets to see their attributes, so let 'locks do the same. Make some distinction between melee-based demons or caster-based demons, and have demonology tree contain skills that are relevant to those two classifications. Since hunter pets get talent trees.........so should our pet demons. Part of the attraction of a hunter for a lot of players I think is that having a particular pet (and naming it) allows them to individualise and stand out from the crowd a bit, something warlocks lack.
    Failing that would it be too much to ask for warlocks to be able to raise a pet similar to the golems created by necromancers in Diablo 2?
    Would like to see warlocks able to complete ritual of summoning without needing other player assistance. Mages dont need help to summon a portal after all.
    AND GIVE US GREEN FIRE! HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID? NOXIOUS HORRIBLE SEETHING CORRUPTED GREEN FIRE! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ
  • What spells do you use the least?
  • [/ul][/quote] drain mana, searing pain, soul fire, enslave demon, curse of tongues, curse of weakness

Both but more of PvE

Heroic and raids

BG

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Have ability to tame demons and evolve them like hunters do for the pets!

nothing atm

The amount of benefit gained from upkeeping all the DoTs and procs. It's really annoying and not having enough instant damage spells whilst on the move.

---Please fix the pet bar? it keep disappearing randomly! even in middle of raids and it's annoying having to resummon in middle of a raid boss fight.
    ---and that the pet doesn't just stop and start casting spells where you have first cast the spell and not budge from that place!

It need to have lot longer DoT effect with the damage increasing each tick it goes by because as said above the the benefit gained is not worth the effort.Stop making it anymore complex then it is now. I also play an arcane mage and yet the rotation is lot easier and effects are lot more effective!

All specs
    -Have ability to shift into a secondary form which give unique abilities akin to moonkin form etc
    -Bring drain mana back
    -ability to tame demons and evolve them like hunter pets
    -our lock specific mount to have ability to fly
    -improve demon soul-better benefit
    -better pet damage! it's small compared to hunter pets.
    -Some sort way to interrupt abilities and spells in PvP? or even interrupt in PvE?
    -ability to banish something else besides low lvl demons and elementals maybe ability to banish humanoid targets in PvE? and not just low lvl trash?(even ability to apply it to high lvl trash to humanoid target would be great)

Destro
    -Get rid of Improved SF the benefit for the amount to upkeep needed is almost near to useless either that or makeit a lot longer (2min+) with priodic burst damage increasing ever time it stacks.(Like arcane mages)
    -Better Rain of Fire...the mana it uses compared to the damage it does (unlike other class AoE damages) is downheartening. AoE doesn't seem to be worth the mana used. I know we had 25% increase dmage but compared to other classes who have AoE damage it still falls short.
    -Casting time for SF is terrible..either shortened or change to a CD of 10sec for isntant casting would be great.
    -Better(I don't mean something like 5% increase in damage)felflame so it does more dmage then the average 3k damage.and longer range possibly.
    -Increase duration (and possibly back to its original duration?at least in PvE we need it lot longer)of our fear ability the reduced time made the CC useless in raids.
    -shadowfury to increase it's time again...3 seconds is not much really and the damage it does is small.
    -Would love to have DoTs and curses not to cancel each other out! what use is it having so many of thses spells if they cancel each other out?
    -To have more isntant burst damage like arcane mage.

---->actually we need better damage across all spells for destro...

Searing Pain, Enslave Demon, Unending Breath, Curse of Weakness, and Eye of Kilrogg
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera
    What type of content do you focus on?

PvE

If PvE, what type of PvE?

Heroics, Questing

The entire soul shard system is kind of clunky...I'm honestly still not even clear on how it really works. I know I'm going to get flamed and yelled at for that, but I can't seem to find a clear and simple definition/instructions anywhere.

I like how it involves...well...witchcraft, which is interesting. There's nothing really unique about the gameplay itself that I can really put my finger on, I just like the lore behind the class.

Cooldowns on certain spells (conflagrate, chaos bolt) and there's not really much use for Shadowbolt which I love because it looks so cool but rarely get to use as Destro.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

It's pretty good. No complaints. It's not too hard but at the same time it's not a boring faceroll.

A better variety in abilities and something to really set it apart game play wise from other caster classes.

Shadowbolt :(
    Hellfire
    Don't remember the name of it but the one that shoots out shadow fire in a cone in front of you
    Both.

Mostly Raiding, however Heroics as needed to gear up early on and to farm materials etc.

I prefer BG's. I do Arena and RBG as well. I like battlegrounds mostly be cause they are a free form area to pvp as you like. There are certain things that are repetative as to how a group approaches a battleground, however, its more like to change than it is in Arena. Arena, after you get a rating to get past the people just getting points, becomes canned. And not much different than looking for how you deal with group type A or B.

Pets:
    Like other warlocks have stated, I dislike the reliance of DPS on my pet. However, I like the fact that they are more useful now... At least in terms of not just being a sidekick that throws off a small amount of dps, and maybe adds a buff or two depending on the pet.

I also found the sacrifice mechanic back in the day fun. Be it the Succubus or Imp. So I am slightly bias toward that.

A perfect example of one of my dislikes for pets. The legendary quest in nexus was fun... Until I died to him 20+ times because my pet bugged on me. The first attempt where my pet didn't bug on a spell lock or devour magic, the boss died.

Another example is Alysrazor. In my 10 man guild, I do the flying. And the fact that my pet randomly bugs out and gets killed by fire or what have you is a bit irritating.

Pets don't need to be overpowered, but they do need to have better AI as far as I am concerned. Or there should be a way to decide for this encounter you need to go without your pet, but not sacrifice a decent size of your dps.

PVP:
    Another thing I would like to mention... In PvP, for all casters... The amount of interrupts available is just astonishing. If you have more than a couple melee people near you, most have 1 or more interrupts nowadays. Hard casting anything is as good as just saying kill me. I like the fact that more people in raid can handle useful tasks like that... but in pvp its pretty silly. I play a DK as well, and I can get in a skirmish and have no issues putting up with 3-4 other melee and have some bit of survivability, but as a warlock, and I would assume mages, priests, etc feel the same. A couple or more melee and you are basically in trouble. Not impossible to succeed, but certainly not simple. Corruption, CoE and BoA won't take out the couple melee alone. You need to get some casted spells off and it becomes impossible.

Warlocks have always been pretty versatile. Not too many things in the game you can't figure some way to do by yourself. I find that fun. Its nice not being the everyone plays my class because I am OP class as well. BC was just Warlock overload. And the general game balance has changed enough that we are not everywhere. I like feeling like my class is unique and being able to stick with it because I am decent/good at it.

See quality of life improvements.

Aff: I find raiding as affliction to be the best it has been in quite some time. The rotation is smooth. I played affliction in Vanilla, early in BC, Much of early Wrath, and now again. And the rotation has never been so likeable. Its not a 2 button LOLICANDPS rotation, yet its not the 7-9 button nightmare that was early wrath. I find it very much fun to play in PvE right now.

Destro: Nevermind the dps right now... its just clunky. Having to hard cast a 4 second cast spell every 20 seconds to maintain a buff that is critical to your rotation just feels wierd. I know it can proc for instant cast, but you know when I get those procs? About the time I am 3 seconds into a hard cast of soul fire. I don't know, I like the mechanic of buffing your spells with it... Its just not fun to play.

Demo:The smoothness of the rotation is not as good as Affliction, however it is not nearly as bad as Destruction. I also find it pretty cool that the Felhunter is a better DPS companion for single target then the Felguard. Not that it makes a huge difference to playing the spec, but its just neat being able to use more than one pet.

The ability to run without a pet for certain encounters or events, and not be gimp. Somehow, make it so you talent a pet to merge souls and gain an ability of theirs or something. But make it so that they are slightly more dps, so that it is a conscious decision to be with or without.

Kilrogg
    How ever you change immolate please note that part of the reason that affliction is so op is that you can't purge the cc in arenas with ua on cc'd target. Destro has even more cc but luckily it is all purge-able atm since destro doesn't have any anti-purge effects. Opposing team should be able to purge or destro lock's will get op fast simply because of cc. Please note this well when you try and make immolate too op.

Really imo, they just need to increase the damage on warlock's abilities by a large margin since instant soul fire crits for 10.1k on equally geared end-tier pvp targets is lame. Conflag crits for 14k, whoot. So please be careful how you change locks. Please leave immolate purge-able.

In order to survive in 1v1 type encounters we need cc + burst since our spells aren't easy to get off. So we need high burst but.. we can't have large burst, + cc, + immunity to purges on our cc and damage. We are and should be easily countered by cc and purges, both of which currently stop our own cc train and our damage to a crawl. Just leave everything easily dispelled but increase damage. ugh I know i'm repeating but ahh well :P have a good day.

pve

all

none

i like the new soul shard system, though it would be nice to have more, maybe 5?

as destro, the (mostly) pure burst damage is awesome (but it sucks now -- just saying!). as demo, i love being able to turn into a demon. the pet utility is awesome. the challenging spell priorities are fun to me.

i wanted to say something about the isf mechanic in destro, like many other warlocks before me. I also hate it, it is clunky as hell, please rework it. my problem always was, every time i would soul burn a soul fire, i would get an emp imp proc, basically wasting a soul shard. that whole mechanic just seems to be bugged. i loved destro until i saw how it was parsing compared to the other specs, so i went demo. no complaints about demo so far. more meta would be good.

it's challenging and fun, and once you learn it it's so easy. keep up dots, refresh this and that, blah blah. having to move around is what makes it more interesting.

more shards... buff destro... isf mechanic..

enslave demon, eye of kilrogg, underwater breathing, SEARING FLAME haha
    ■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    both

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    just starting out in pve hoping to start raidng

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    im doing less and less of this but all of them

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    teleport has a to long of CD? not completly sure of the question

■What makes playing your class more fun?
    i feel it takes a higher skill cap then others

■What makes playing your class less fun?
    always dieing -_- lol

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    There is way to many spells to use as of a mage or another class only have to spam a few buttons

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
    more defensive upgrades for pvp
    and an easier rotation for pve

■What spells do you use the least
    #1 searing pain
    #2shadow ward
    #3 health funnel
    How ever you change immolate please note that part of the reason that affliction is so op is that you can't purge the cc in arenas with ua on cc'd target. Destro has even more cc but luckily it is all purge-able atm since destro doesn't have any anti-purge effects. Opposing team should be able to purge or destro lock's will get op fast simply because of cc. Please note this well when you try and make immolate too op.

Really imo, they just need to increase the damage on warlock's abilities by a large margin since instant soul fire crits for 10.1k on equally geared end-tier pvp targets is lame. Conflag crits for 14k, whoot. So please be careful how you change locks. Please leave immolate purge-able.

In order to survive in 1v1 type encounters we need cc + burst since our spells aren't easy to get off. So we need high burst but.. we can't have large burst, + cc, + immunity to purges on our cc and damage. We are and should be easily countered by cc and purges, both of which currently stop our own cc train and our damage to a crawl. Just leave everything easily dispelled but increase damage. ugh I know i'm repeating but ahh well :P have a good day.

warlocks arnt OP in arena...only if you know how to play them as with every class....
    PvE

Heroics, Dailies, and the occassional Raid.

Battlegrounds

No major issues thus far.

Competitive rotation with comparable DPS. Being a 'dark character' as opposed to a good two-shoes mage or priest.

Finding that balance between health and mana. I burn through mana very quickly and in many boss fights I don't have the reserve health to Life Tap back up without putting myself in a bad spot.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
    Love it.

- Female Metamorphosis Form
    - More Demons (Hunters have so many choices in comparison)
    - More Green and Purple Fire
    - Improve Chaos Bolt and Soul Fire. Our hard hitters should hit harder.
    - More Burst and Less DoT Damage for Destruction
    - More USEFUL Glyphs (Improved Spell Damage, Threat Reduction, ect.)
    - More VANITY Glyphs (Demon Genders, Fire Colors, ect.)
    - Class Flying Mount (Demonic Wings would be excellent)

- Drain Soul
    - Drain Life
    - Eye of Kilrogg
    - Enslave Demon
    - Searing Pain
    - Summon Demon: Voidwalker
    - Shadowbolt
    - Hellfire
    - Shadow Ward
    - Curse of Weakness
    - Seed of Corruption
    PvP

N/A

Rated BG's/Arena

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could
    be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Soul Shards, why cant Soulburn just be on CD, for arenas Soul Shards are impossible to get back most of the time and it feels like a mechanic that's nether fun nor necessary.

Complexity, I feel like I'm the one caster that is difficult to play(or at least more difficult).

The lack of utility against melee.

In pvp their isn't much of a rotation so I don't really know.

To make destruction viable again would be my greatest wish.

Eye Of Kilrog, most worthless spell ever.
    Please copy the below questions into your reply and answer each one.

PvE

Raids and Heroics

Nothing at the moment.

The Pet Bar Bug needs fixing.

Would like to see something other than Fel Flame to refresh Immolate. Adding this feature to Chaos Bolt would be nice.

When I was Affliction, on Ragnaros, having Corruption drop while Haunt was still en route to target makes me a sad panda. Haunt and Soul Fire travel time is bad.

Slow cast time of Soul Fire (with Emberstorm) and short ISF buff not a good combination.

Having a spec for soloing, single DPS, and AoE fights is nice.

As Affliction, it's boring. As Destro, too many buttons to press. It seems that I have two abilities (Chaos Bolt, Conflagrate) that require usage on CD that share the same purpose. Having Chaos Bolt refresh Immolate would be nice.

Hard to maintain DPS when you have to keep Immolate and Corruption up, have two "hard" hitting abilities on CD, and keeping ISF up. It forces me to sacrifice Mastery for Haste.

Making Chaos Bolt do more than just inferior damage to Conflagrate.

A refresh for immolate that doesn't require an extra button to press.

Reduce Destro's dependency on Haste. Let Haste be the Affliction stat of choice beyond the Hit Cap.

Searing Pain and Bane of Agony
    PVP:

Just a simple request that Locks get some defensive abilities that seem to have been mistakenly gone to the mages or dks. All we have is fear and a teleport. BOth of which have major high cds. Priests have the mana burn when the locks got it ripped from us. Why? Stripe them of it or give it back. Geez. That and increase the cds of the fear abilities of the priest or lower ours. Give us a damn chance.
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Both

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Raiding at the heroic level

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Arena's and Rated BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Basic survival abilities for the most part. I pop Metamorphosis sometimes for huge life saver, but if that and healthstone are on cd. . . i'm screwed.

What makes playing your class more fun? The Felguard, the strong cc we can provide in an arena team. Affliction I feel is in a good place.

What makes playing your class less fun? Not being able to use my felguard in pve. I think it is silly that the pet I get specifically for being demonology is so horrible for single target fights. Felguard was the original reason I ever did demo and then you all introduced metamorphosis and that sealed my loyalty.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) As far as it goes, warlocks have very complicated across the board. Demo and Destro I feel are especially strict. Demo is in a good place as far as challenge, but not ridiculous to manage. Destro is in a horrible place as far as managing goes. Affliction's rotation is very straight forward and I feel is in a good place.

Make demon soul specific to each spec. Aka Fel Hound one for Affliction, Imp one for Destruction, and Fel Guard one for Demonology. Quote from above that I absolutely love this idea.

We need an instant cast burst ability that can hit hard, but maybe on a longer cooldown

This isn't specific to warlock this one comment, but at the same time it is. Maybe consider giving enchanters the ability to reforge. As of right now, stat priority between demo and the other specs is completely opposite (mastery best for demo, worst for others). It is not only a royal pain to have to go reforge and blow all your gold every other fight, but also really makes gearing a huge pain. Based off what I've seen, all the masteries should become equal.

Shadow ward become a damage mitigation ability for huge damage moments (H Beth, H Alys, and H Rhylouth big raid damage comes to mind).

Affliction- I hate to repeat everyone, but I feel like drain life filler would be more "lock" like over the shadowbolt filler. Bring back drain mana for pvp because its not cool that priests have mana burn still if we lose drain mana. Maybe also add in one more DoT to manage.
    I don't understand why drain life filler was nerf, it was said we all need a hardcast while shadow priests do not need to have a hardcast and just mindflay away? This can be troublesome for some casters. For majordomo for example, when learning the fight the raid leader tried to compare us to our shadow priest on add dps when we were low on melee, but how can we even compete when they're main filler is instanst channel and our main is a 2.1 hardsecond cast time (with a decent amount of haste that is). For affliction, drain life would make it work.

Demo- Bring back Felguard as the main pet for aoe and single target for demo!
    I saw someone mention demo tanking. If this was to happen, please make it a talent that would remove all its benefits and add tanking benefits . . .otherwise please leave meta alone, meta is in a really good place right now i feel and I honestly would hate the fact that warlocks can tank. . .thats not who we are. Demonic empowerment become worth something again. Even in pvp situations it doesn't make that big of a difference. How it was in wrath was fantastic and didn't need to be changed. Since doomguard is spell we are extremely relient on, maybe decrease its cd or at least make it where the cd is shorter but it puts a debuff (like hero/time warp) to it that goes away if you die. Not having it every attempt not only hurts the raid, but our personal dps HUGELY. Demonology in my opinion is the purest of the lock classes. Destro is like a fire mage with a pet and affliction has similar counterparts (shadow priests for example) Demo is unique and I am glad to see it more than a leveling spec again. I almost switched mains near the end of t11 when my lock was useless unless I spec'd into affliction.

Destro- Easier ways to manage improved soul fire because a lot of people do not play destro merely because that is a royal pain to manage if your imp isn't helping with the procs. Seems like chaos bolt needs a buff as well.

Eye of Kilrogg
    Rain of Fire
    Enslave Demon
    Searing Pain (I don't even see the point of this ability to be honest)