Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Prev 1 69 70 71 76 Next
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
--I focus on both.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
--I raid regularly (or try to, but that's not a warlock issue...) and try to progress through current content before the next content is released. I do run heroics as well, though not as regularly as I used to.

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
--I frequently run regular BGs and arena (mostly 2s at the moment) and occasionally run Rated BGs when enough people can be found.

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
--I cannot think of any real 'quality-of-life' issues for this. Most of the ones we used to have (Soul Shards) have been revamped and improved.

■What makes playing your class more fun?
--Meta. Though for a more complete answer, I enjoy how the class is designed and played. Summoning demons are always fun, the amount of control we can have in pvp is great, and our overall survivability and mana efficiency are things I have loved since classic. Oh, and there's also Meta. Mmmmmm.... Meta.....

■What makes playing your class less fun?
--While the new talent system and mastery are nice, I do tend to miss some of the flexibility we had in forming specs, mostly for PvP. The ability to spec 0/30/11 or 20/21/0 or similar variations was a fun way to burn through exess gold, and sometimes actually led to a PvP spec that was quite enjoyable.

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
--I enoy Demo's rotation (and everything else about Demo) a lot, and it's become a major reason why I play that spec over Affliction or Destruction, along with Meta. I find the current Affliction spec ('shadowbolt filler') to be a little...choppy I guess. I preferred the sense of flow I got from using drain life as a filler spell. Destruction's rotation was enjoyable if I recall correctly, but I haven't used it in PvE for a while now.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?
--Another guardian pet (A Shivvara(sp) maybe?) would be fun if there was a niche it could fill. In terms of specs, some dispell protection for destro, and something to help demo's mobile single-target damage (molten core improving fel flame as well or something). An alternate use for Demonic Portal, giving us an offensive cc option as well as a defensive escape, is something I've wondered about, and then there's the 'self-banish' idea that's been mentioned here and there over the years.

--Oh yeah, this is where I'm obligated to ask for green fire, correct? Pretty sure that's what the contract said when I first played the class...

--EDIT: Meta, it could use more spells.

■What spells do you use the least?
--I tend to only use Curse of Weakness in PvP, and then only as affliction usually, thanks to the Jinx talent. I use Curse of Exhaustion less and less often now as well, with many classes having instant gap-closers. I keep wanting to add Fel Flame to the list, but I have this sneaking feeling I use it a lot more than I think I do.

--Hmmm, and if summon succubus counts for this, I'm afraid she hasn't gotten out much lately either.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Primarily PVP. I am one of the few remaining PVP'ers who spec Destro.

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroic dungeons.

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

Arenas and BGs.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Bugginess with the minion.

What makes playing your class more fun?

The challenge. I actually like hardcasting. Timing and movement becomes so much more important. I also like the various elements that a Destro lock has to put together to be succesful in PVP. Demonic circle placement, control of the pet, use of soul shards for the instant cast soul fire, etc.

What makes playing your class less fun?

The obvious neglect that this spec has dealt with. When you have talents in your spec tree that deal shadow damage and you are the classes fire damage spec, you know someone hasn't been giving you enough consideration.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

From a PVE perspective its obvious something has to give with soul fire. As others have said, you have to do too much work for too little reward.

What’s on your wish list for your class?

1. A new mechanic for generating soul shards for this spec. Destro, more than any other spec requires soul shards for the instant cast soul fire. In PVP soul fire not only gives you the damage buff but it is also an instant nuke. Yet you can only recover soul shards by killing an enemy player or being outside of combat long enough to cast soul harvest. Do you realize how difficult this is to do in arena? It would also help with the PVE problem of soul fire hardcasting and maybe allow for some revamping of the improved imp talent, which is in my opinion too deep in the tree to be that weak.

2. Make shadowburn and shadowfury benefit from our fire mastery. Shadowburn in particular needs some sort of buff.

3. Dispel protection for immolate + damage buff. Why not make the dispel protection on immolate a 30% damage buff to chaos bolt and incinerate? It won't affect PVE.

4. A use for the voidwalker. This poor guys is suffering badly from neglect. He needs a revamp.

What spells do you use the least?

Searing pain
shadow bolt
enslave demon
hellfire
seed of corruption

I mainly pvp as the que times and penalties associated with doing heroics are too high and I don't have the time necessary to raid anymore.

Only heroics when I have time, and if someone in the guild will tank or heal.

I do bg's and arenas, though I haven't done arenas on this guy in awhile

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Pets being able to be cc'd while I'm mounted is a major irritation. By the time I get to where I'm going I need to resummon my imp or whatever else I was using.
Also placing a demonic circle down. The cast time is less than one second, making it virtually impossible to interrupt....why not make it instant?

If I have time to setup my position and defenses against my opponent before engaging, I have a couple sure fire maneuvers that are hard to counter. As demo I like having so many cd's that I can stack to increase my dps when i feel it is necessary

The fact that without proper time to set up, I might as well wear a sign that says "kill me, I'm easy". It doesn't feel like my escape mechanics are very effective unless I'm on a multi lvl area like wsg when your inside the flag room.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

The rotations for the two specs I play (demonology and destruction) both feel like they need something.
Destruction's rotation is so lack luster that none of the procs feel that important. All of the nukes feel very underpowered, ESPECIALLY soulfire. Having an instant soulfire is supposed to feel like "OH YEAH, YOU'RE ABOUT TO GET YOURS!" but instead feels like "oh nifty, I got a cute little fireball graphic"
and demonology feels like you're a one-trick-pony. Demo has lots of buff/cd type stuff, but not alot of guts to the mechanics of what you're supposed to do. I wish the dmg spells (NOT the dmg INCREASING spells) were more interactive. btw LOVE HoG, just wish it made more of an entrance (graphically).

I wish the tier gear didn't look so weird/lame. The head pieces always look so stupid. tier 5 was awesome....a rare time when every piece in the set looks killer. The head pieces always look so bulky and have weird stuff on them.

I also would love it if there were more mechanics that dealt with the sacrificing health to achieve dmg output or power. I've always loved the idea of allowing destro locks to have a self destruct/suicide blast button (Something to make it so that a lock at low health is a dangerous thing to be in range of).
Another thing that would be sweet is if the ability Metamorphosis gave more abilities to make you something like a demonic warrior rather than a high armor caster.

One last ability that would be pretty cool is an ability to swap places with your pet (location wise)
and I've posted on this before, but.....demonic flight form!

eye of kilrogg...there just aren't many places or reasons you can use it. It leaves you too open to attack to be useful in bg's/arenas and nothing you would need to see in a heroic/raid...though I love the idea of the spell....would be a shame to lose it.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both][u/]

Both

[u]If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

I do all of the stated, Raid each current tier of content do heroics if i dont have capped Valor and quest if i really need money or feel like it.

All of the stated, just getting back into Arena and what not on this toon but its only been like 2 weeks since ive actually done it.

I feel you actually changing the Soulstones to the system we have know was a penalty, considering we only get 3 now its not like what it used to be where we could blow them when we actually may have needed to, Now its basically I save 2 for Soulburn pet, and 1 for Soulburn Healthstone. None of the others are even remotely useful except for Soulburn Seed of corr, this one is only useful b.c we get the shard back after putting Corr on every target

Personally I always liked the pet system for warlocks, yes i know hunters have pets as well but they actually have to spec them and do more things with them.

The fact that my class no where near compares to what it used to be.

Affliction
1. Unstable Affliction
2. Corruption
3. Haunt
4. Bane of Doom
5. Curse of elements
6. Demon Soul
7. Shadowflame
8. - 100. Shadow bolt -.-
The rotation for Affliction is remotely simple and i like it, the Shadow bolt thing how ever doesnt really fit and I feel that you guys should make Drain life the best dps for Aff, if that means you fix the Shadow and Flame talent to have it also include DL then so be it but shadow bolt shouldnt be the top spell for this.

Demonology
1. Immolate
2. Hand of Gul'dan
3. Corruption
4. Bane of Doom
5. Curse of Elements
6. Demon Soul + Metamorphosis
7. Molten Core procs
8. Shadow bolt
I feel shadow bolt belongs more here and I do not mind spamming it due to the fact that it always has been Demo's top damage spell next to Soul Fire. With cataclysm how ever Shadow bolt is still the top spell for damage and If my raid heros on 25% hp left i feel upset that i actually Spam Shadowbolt over Soul fire. This is only b.c my 2.1 shadowbolt cast goes to 1.5 while my 1.4 Soulfire cast goes to a 1.1 and does about 10k less dmg.

I wish to see Demo and Aff warlocks back on the top of the charts for DMG in raids only because in wrath we were put up on the pedestal and now we still do the same damage as then. So basically we were left on the pedestal while everyone else got onto a new one.

I would also like to see the DMG be buffed on Soul fire so its not useless at 25% and its more of a finisher.

BUT, out of everything I would really really really really love if you guys would do what you did with the execute animation on warriors for warlocks with Soul Fire. That golden ring would help so much considering i monitor dot timers, CDs, and where the fire is.

Also another thing i would love to have back is Molten Core having its effect on Soul Fire again. It was that way in Wrath then it was changed which made me depressed, bringing that back would cheer up so many locks again tho.

unfortunately i use my Doom guard the least only because i can only use him once a fight, I feel to get more use out of it you guys should give us a 5 min CD on him and infernal, it would give our dps a buff up and allow us to rotate more then just 1 cd at a time.

At my current, lower level I'm mostly focusing on PvE, I play a bit of PvP, but mostly PvE.

I do mostly Dungeons, having Heroics and Raids offlimits at my level.

BGs, that's all I have access to.

None that I can think of at the moment.

The ability to place curses, DOT spells, and most of all, the fine selection of demons.

The fact that we are nearly defenseless, fear only works as long as you don't attack the target, we need stuff the helps us better, demons, spells, both if possible.

I believe that Demonology is the perfect, equal balanced class, providing both the big boom for your shadow and fire spells, I am all about balanced, so having them both is great, I also like the boost to demon strength.

My biggest issue is the lack of selective choices, we can't decide what type of models we want for our demons, and on behalf of females or males who dig other males I believe Incubi should be introduced. I also dislike how warlocks use common fire like mages, but we aren't, we should use Fel fire like the true warlocks we are. I also tire of having to use fear to survive in BGs, I'd like spells that provide more defensive boosts, or atleast Demons who can draw aggro/take damage far better.

I use Eye of Kilrogg, Health Funnel, and Banish the least, I have no true use for them.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] Nothing but professions since cata

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other] Not much

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] Are you kidding me?

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters. Shorter spell cast times?

What makes playing your class more fun? Fun?

What makes playing your class less fun? Extremely long cast times - Not being able to dish any kind of decent damage unless it's an extremly long fight

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.) Since cata, I've learned that you have to use every dang spell in the book to do any damage.

What’s on your wish list for your class? Shorter cast times and a shorter rotation or else make dots do more damage a bit more quickly

What spells do you use the least? Soul fire
Hello, I'm primarily into pve as a destruction lock. Ive done mostly heroics and trolls, with a few raid kills to my credit. I don't claim to be an expert on locks at all, however I can tell you that I have basically stopped playing this toon due to having to put 3 to 4 times the effort into my rotation that others have to for the same results.

Having now played on both an 85 fury warrior and an 85 spriest, I can tell you the rotation for a destro lock (while not as complex as say calculus) still requires more effort than is worth for the damage put out. The lack of a viable spell to cast on the move is also annoying (fel flame is a joke).

Spells I don't use:

enslave demon
hell fire
eye of killrog
searing pain (totally forgot i had that till other locks mentioned it)
fel flame (almost embarassed to use it)
i love my lock but would love to see the improved soul fire go back to giveing the haste buff. would also like to see the meta spell removed but let demo locks be demons all the time kinda like a shadow priest i pvp pve both i do everything in the game and eye of killrogg needs to go and fel flame maybe needs to get some more damage
i had a lock sitting on 70 for awhile. i enjoy pvp now though im not really that great. but i decided to give it a shot got it to 85 got full 371 gear with 359 weapons. they are a very fun class to play but what i didnt like was how squishy they were. how good you have to be at your class to kite almost every melee. it can take a while for afflictions dmg to viable in bgs/arena (maybe not so bad) and on resil geared players destros dmg is pretty terrible considering thats the most fun spec imo

• What type of content do you focus on?

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE?

• Heroics

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• I cannot think of any significant current quality-of-life issues. The old soul shard system was the biggest quality-of-life issue for the class. The current incarnation is much better.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

• Demons
    Summoning, enslaving, metamorphosis, the whole thing.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

• A lack of usable demons. We haven't gotten a new summonable demon in 2 expansions. There is a dearth of demons that can be enslaved for any real use.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?

• I play affliction almost exclusively and maintaining DOTs with shadow bolt filler sometimes feels a bit hectic. The fact that shadow bolt is the default filler spell is inconsistent with the feel of the spec. It would have a better feel if we could use either drain life or drain soul to get basically the same damage output. Of course more damage output in general would be nice.

• What’s on your wish list for your class?

• More demons to summon or guardians to call on.
    Being able to use my drain spells while on the move would also be a plus.

• What spells do you use the least?

• Eye of Kilrogg
  • What type of content do you focus on?

• PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE?

• This toon is still a low level, so mostly dungeons/questing.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

• I'm impressed with the new soul shard system. I'm seeing people proposing to dump it, hell no. My biggest issue is the different 'stances' for pets. The 'assist stance' is just not right. It doesn't fit right, my pet has a clueless mind of his own with it. The old defensive stance was alright, but not perfect. Still better that assist. Currently I macro '/pet Attack' to all my spells.

• Being the underdog. Also I enjoy the theme of warlocks. Being evil and wreaking havoc just sounds wonderful.

• The complex rotation and the lack of defenses we have against melee. I mean, mages have 2 bubbles, and we have a crappy VW bubble. Come on...

• How do you feel about your “rotation”?

• Right now Demonology is the ONLY spec I can stand playing. Affliction is fun, but too complex to execute well, after all I'm a leveling warlock. Destruction is a blast in the glass, although the whimpy damage is saddening.

• Replacing Shadowbolt with Drain Life in the Affliction rotation, I believe Affliction would be so much better if that was changed. Just a more overall spec to play. Demonology is PERFECT right now, it reminds me of playing those SM/Ruin specs back in vanilla, please don't change it! Destruction is NOT what it used to be.(Duh) I feel gimp whenever I'm specced to it. It is crying for a damage buff. Being forced to use Corruption is the Destruction rotation does NOT fit. Green fire!

• Searing Pain, Drain Life, Curse of Weakness, Eye of Kilrogg, Summon Succubus, Summon Voidwalker, Health Funnel, Fel Flame(Can already tell I won't use this), Curse of Tongues. IMO combine Curse of Tongues w/ Curse of Weakness!
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

• PvE is my main focus- Currently 10man Raiding.

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

• Heroic content, progression.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

• No real complaints, I believe the change to soul shards was nice and it's been balanced. However I do find that I don't use soul shards in combat as affliction as oppose to say demonology.

• I enjoy the complicated rotations, the required monitoring of procs, cool-downs, buffs. Aside from that I also really enjoy the play-style of demonology, it flexes it's reach too as many points and corners of the warlock spell book as it can.

• My biggest gripes about playing a warlock is the lack of usage of the Voidwalker in end-game content. The Succubus as well, (while being big in early Cata!) as also diminished it's usage from the PvE scene of WoW. Other than demon usage I also dislike the destruction talent rotation. Specifically Soulfire monitoring, to me personally, I get bored and aggravated with the consistent casting this spell every X seconds. The lack of affliction filler also bores me. Not saying I'd prefer a completely new filler over Shadowbolt, but I would like a proc to mix in with it, such as Molten Core for demonology.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

• Demonology, my main spec, I love it. The pet dancing, the procs and buff monitoring require actual skill as oppose to face mashing.
    Affliction, this spec IS built as it should be. My only dislike is the Shadowbolt filler.
    Destruction, my lest favorite spec, it's rotation honestly bores me and irritates me with the hard-cast of Soulfire.

• I'd like too see more demon-usage brought back, as well as the time where warlocks had special roles. I'd like too see more casting spells brought too the table too service affliction, maybe help in it's aid with finding a way too spice up the rotation's filler. More usage of the curses in end-game content would be a /love in my book as well.

• [/ul]

Curse of Tounges, Weakness, Enslave Demon, Demon Armor (In a PvE environment), Eye of Kil'rog, Searing Pain and Rain of Fire. Honestly it seems like Rain of Fire has taken Hellfire's old seat of "barely ever used AoE."

As for demon's, in a raid environment, Void Walker is not really used and neither is the Succubus.
    Mainly PVP

Heroics if I get the chance

Arenas - 2v2, 3v3

soul shards seem much more manageable than ever... soul burn could use another use or two... defensive spell plz?

Fear, seduce, spell lock, slows, curses of EVERYTHING.

Fear is easily broken, even by my own damage, my damage should scare them more.
    I feel that if I'm going to have all these abilities, I should have enough defense to use them...

affliction arena always seems situational, standard rotation is decent.

I love personal teleport... why cant I go *POOF* and send an enemy there instead.
    More defense from SL or temp defense increase spell... one more 'OH NOES' button.
    combine the fel and demon armor... maybe affliction spec into a siphon life spell onto the armor that gives back health per dot tick.... just spitballing.
    Up damage taken by shadow ward/sacrifice.
    Give Eye of Kilrogg an explode funtion, or a detect steathed, its a neat spell, just wish it was more useful and less cast time.
    change the art for the succubus
    Combine drain soul with drain mana.... bring back drain mana.
    instant cast flying demon form... just for fun.

obviously all of these would make locks OP... but there just thoughts.

killrogg, searing pain, drain soul.
    # What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
    PvE, mostly

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
    Pretty much everything. Raiding (10man) & questing are top 2.

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
    N/a

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
    Affliction has no stuns and very little raid/dungeon utility (except Curse of Exhaustion, which only works on some mobs)

# What makes playing your class more fun?
    Dot'ing up everything, and bouncing around watching it die (especially amusing as a gnome). Never running out of mana, just Lifetap + Soul Harvest.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
    I would like an honest interrupt or stun that doesn't come from my pet or deep Destro talents. A lot of the new raiding content has required the use of interrupts and stun mechanics, and I feel rather useless/inefficient for these fights (Ragnaros Sons adds, Alysrazor druid adds, Omnotron encounter).

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
    Rotations on all 3 specs feel great to me. Although I miss some of the spells in Affliction (Siphon Life). I'm also not sure how I feel about the conversion of Curse of Agony/Doom into Banes. I wish there was more reason to choose various Curses again (this could offer great raid utility for the warlock)

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
    Fel fire. How long has the warlock community been asking for green flames?? :) (BTW, Chaos Bolt doesn't count). Also, see my response above about Curses for utility. Perhaps have them all do damage, but offer a different debuff (casting time, reduced armor, increased damage taken, etc.)

# What spells do you use the least?
    As Affliction (my 'main' spec), Soulburn is rarely used. I wish it offered a good reason to use it as a cooldown. Most of the curses I no longer use unless absolutely necessary.

1. What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

I focus equally on both. I love this game and don't limit myself; of course this means I may not be as good at one or the either since my devotion is split.

2. If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics and Raids.

3. If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

I focus mostly on Arenas. I'm a big fan of arenas. I do random BGs for honor points to get geared for Arenas

4. What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

I can't really think of anything.

5. What makes playing your class more fun?

OMG...what doesn't?! We have such an amazing array of abilities, and we have cool spells and stuff. We also have three equal specs that it just comes down to what you prefer to play.

6. What makes playing your class less fun?

That we don't have as cool abilities as other classes, and that sometimes in pvp terms we are reduced to only one spec.

7. How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

I run affliction and demonology as my main specs. Both have what most players here describe as complex or long rotations. I understand that, but I have no problems with it. Honestly, as long as the afflicition rotation is, I find it rather easy and at times tedious. The demo rotation the other hand is a bit clunky. But i like it like that.

8. What’s on your wish list for your class?

To make Destro viable for pvp and pve again. Right now, destro looks like the designers were on the right track...but they got derailed just before they finished. Here is what I mean:

Both Affliction and Demonology are doing very well and are neck in neck in terms of pve dps. On the other hand, Affliction far utweights all other specs in terms of pvp viability.

Also if you notice, each spec sort of has its own niche, and is good at it except for destro.

Affliction is good with shadow dmg and damage over time and has a playstyle that fits it.

Demonology focuses on minions and has several abilities to enhance it.

Destruction is focused on burst damage and chaos, but yet its spells and abilities are subpar compared to the others.

One thing I wish could be done is to give destroo mroe push by giving locks the demonic sacrifice ability again, but this time for destro. I knwo devs want locks to be all about demons, but locks already have a spec for it...Demo.

9. What spells do you use the least?

hmm fel flame, searing pain, shadowburn, shadowflame, curse of weakness,
    I enjoy both, but mainly PvE.

Solo content, mostly, although I do queuing for random dungeons. I'll probably start queuing for Cataclysm heroics in the next tier, when I can buy some better PvE gear. I do not raid current content anymore, and - after ICC, which I raided on a different toon - I have zero desire to ever do current raids again.

Battlegrounds only. I'll occasionally do a random battleground, but truth be told, I only enjoy a few of them: Alterac Valley and Wintergrasp are the best in my opinion; Eye of the Storm is pretty good. I really don't like Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin, and I've barely played any of the others to form much of an opinion.

Soul harvest and the new soulshard mechanic are by far the best changes. Soul Harvest is just great in general; but combined with Life Tap, it's a vast improvement for soloing and a very healer-friendly tool for dungeons. I also really like how each spec is viable right from level 10. The old "standard" of affliction until 50, demonology until 80, then destruction for end-game was awkward at best, but usually horrible. The talent trees are much better. I very much appreciate the option to "rename" your demon; the cost should come down, however. Once you have a name you like, I think most players will stick with it.

I like this class because it shares some of the strengths of the hunter class - you have a pet, you have ranged attacks, you have some good crowd control abilities. I also enjoy the lore aspects. I like that warlocks are anti-heroes at best, or outright villains who happen to have the same goal in mind as the heroes; and that their gear and mount choices reflect that persona.

ROGUES! Sorry, just had to get that out of the way. Warlocks feel pretty fun right now. What I didn't like before Cataclysm was the emphasis on slow-burn multi-dotting, the frailty of the class while leveling (that could have been me, though), soul shards, and running out of mana all the time. Whether they were or not, warlocks felt like the most complicated class. For people who like button mashing and instant seat-of-your-pants decision making, that's great; not everyone likes to play that way.

I really enjoy destruction. For most mobs, Immolate > Conflagrate > Chaos Bolt > and maybe one Incinerate does the job. Add a Fel Flame if needed at the end there. For a boss, Demon Soul > Curse of Elements > Bane of Doom > Corruption > Immolate > Conflagrate > Chaos Bolt > Incinerate until dots drop off or Chaos Bolt / Conflagrate come off cooldown. It's the right mix of complicated and simple.

Biggest wish - an option for demonless metamorphosis. You can't summon a demon, but you get to stay in demon form all the time. Other wishes - different demons instead of different genders would have been a nice feature. An Eye of Terror instead of a Voidwalker, for example, or a Shivarra instead of a succubus ~ they could have the exact same spells and abilities, but have a different model. Really not hankering for new spells ~ I have enough on my toolbar: "Keep it simple, someone!" I'd like the emphasis to be on enjoying the content of the game, instead of staring at my keyboard and watching timers so I can deploy macro #17 (or was it macro #8?).

Demonic Circle: Teleport. Metamorphosis, when I was specced as Demonology - no drop down bar, seriously? When every other class has one for a form change, including shadow priests? Unending breath. Banish. Enslave demon.
    09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

---PVP

---BG's and World PVP. Arenas occasionally if I feel like being forced to play a certain way.

---the buggy behavior of our demons. The other day I summon my Voidwalker to find out he will be stunned for the next 27 days. After looking it up, I see people in 2007 had the same problem. I guess the failure to address silly bugs like that are also on this list.

---If I were a dedicated roleplayer, I may be more optimistic with this answer. I can see warlocks being the top RP class. I do feel the warlock as it is now is graphically at its best. Very cool looking stuff.

----everything as it is now aside from looks. In fact I don't even play him anymore. And in regards to your disclaimer that gripes about damage will not be addressed because these things change from patch to patch, well I can sort of agree, because the change has always been for the worse. We went from being the best 1v1 class (arguably) in Classic Wow to the absolute worst, and nothing you can say justifies a 180 like that.

----and I'd like to add that I think it is completely laughable that the way you recently addressed our problems is to make the felhunter shadowbite for 25k+ I honestly think this class is about 2 ideas away from being broken.

---and again I'll add that I don't like being forced to play certain comps in arena. Of course I know this is the new designers' intent and to balance around that and that's why your game has slowly been falling on my list of "things to do today".

----I would absolutely love it if it accomplished what I wanted it to. Maybe every time I cast a spell you can put a fish in my inventory. At least then I can say I'm fishing.

----To bring back what the original warlock designers built for the class, while keeping the newer cooler look.

----the ones that were ruined and are still in game, and the ones that were fine and were taken out.

both pvp more than pve

Raids/Heroics

ALL

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?

none so far

I like my class because well it's my personality i like the raining down of doom sound of this class

we get killed fast in pvp so im really no treat to melee

How do you feel about your “rotation”?

its hard to keep it up a lot of button pressing and the results aren't always as good

new spells to be added to this class
    a flying warlock mount fiery drake would be a nice name
    more use of heal stones cc less time and be able to use soul harvest in middle of combat if were going to die fast
    more healing done by death coil and damage
    get armor for my pets or change their look as u lvl like in outland demons voidwalker
    make demonology metamorphosis spell permanent
    make hellfire so it doesnt do damage to warlock also soulshatter
    soul stone cc to be reduced
    soul burn needs a less cooldown reduction
    searing pain make a like scorch so you can cast while moving

eye of killroge
    enslave demon (useless no good demons to slave)
    What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both

PvE

Heroics, Progression Raiding

BGs

Soulburn should interact with more damage spells, I have yet to use it on Healthstone, Teleport or Searing Pain.

Using Teleport to my advantage on bosses. Having my class perform a unique role on bosses.

Having to reforge between bosses to swap between Affliction and Demo because of the different stat priorities.

Utility of Destruction being almost too good to not have in 10 man encounters when in 25 man it isn't needed because you have plenty of the other classes. Eg Nether Protection for Heroic Baleroc, Shadowfury for Sons of Flame on Ragnaros, Bane of Havoc on Herioc Beth'tilac. Playing a sub par dps spec because of raid size is not fun.

Shadowflame is a significant dps increase but requires melee range which is counter intuitive given that we are a ranged class.

Improved Soulfire needs have it's duration increased. Hard casting Soulfire to maintain feels clunky and is irritating.

Fel Flame is a great spell, I use it frequently on movement encounters.

Affliction is in a great place but having Drain Life as the filler would make it the playstyle perfect.

Doomguard needs to be a shorter cooldown, it is such a significant portion of damage for Demo and not having it for every boss attempt is frustrating.

Soulfire execute for Demo should go back to Wotlk damage - feels very weak for an execute.

Demo needs better single target and it's aoe should be toned down to compensate. This spec has become very powerful because of the Moonwell Chalice trinket and the ability to use it on time with Meta. What will happen in the future when that trinket becomes outdated?

Felguard should be buffed to be the best pet for single target dps as well as aoe for Demo.

Green fire for Rain of Fire, Incinerate and Soulfire.
    Changes to Destruction that make it scale better as gear increases. Preferrably haste so gear keeps synergy with Affliction. Having it scale most with crit would be a poor choice because all 3 specs focusing on a different stat would make changing specs even more tiresome.

Enslave Demon
    Eye of Kilrogg
    Curse of Weakness
    Drain Life
    Searing Pain
    Banish
    Voidwalker
    Succubus