Class Feedback – Warlock

Warlock
Prev 1 70 71 72 76 Next
(i'm still pretty newb ._.)
■What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Both. Though not really hardcore Pvp or anything.

■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Heroics

■If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]

BGs

■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

-10 Min cooldown on Infernal/ Doomguard.
-Shadow ward not being castable on others

■What makes playing your class more fun?

-Affliction: I love the constant flow of abilities
-Generally: I love DoT's and even if I died in BGs to watch someone die after me from a DoT is fantastic.

■What makes playing your class less fun?

-Reminding myself to keep up DoT's on multiple enemies (and unless affliction have only singly target refreshing)

■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

-Affliction: Feels okay to me. Shadowbolt feels a little clunky in the middle of rotations.
-Demonology: Pretty smooth, the chance proc reduce cooldown of demon form talent does feel too eveident.
-Destruction: Fun bit sometimes feels a little awkward to me.
-Just remembering to keep DoTs up is a little rattling but enjoyable anyway.

■What’s on your wish list for your class?

Demonology:
-To be able to tank. Split the Demo tree down like feral, that would be awesome and give it some different talents that go towards either tanking or DPS/ pet dps.

General:
-A way to refresh some DoTs over multiple targets
Enslave Demon to act as a second pet ._.
Eye of Kilrogg to have more uses (such as searching through larva D:)

Demons:
-Voidwalker a better ability to tank
-Succubus to better compete with Felhunter in DPS (or atleast CC/ sneakyness)

■What spells do you use the least?

Eye of Kilrogg (:()
Enslave Demon
Whiplash
Rain of Fire

awesome, wrote a whole book, clicked preview and it logs me in and refreshes my screen, lost everything i wrote...
What type of content do you focus on?
PVE - raid, heroic achievements, and whichever dungeons to fill remaining point farming for the week (valor)

If PvP, what type of PvP?
None since classic

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
-Soulburn has very few used moments, feels like a macro glitch and not a real ability. Tends to be an emergency button or an occassional pvp instant soul fire [if macro premade]
It almost feels like soul shards should turn into something like Holy Power because they're not used unless it's a boss fight, and not too often then as well.

What makes playing your class more fun?
-Having a priest give levitate while in demon form.
-Having haste buffs of 30% or more to counter the extreme slowness of needing mastery.
-The old demon form abilities before they were removed
-Enslaving demons with interesting abilities which I haven't seen in many years and wasn't even in end-game [seems like it was just Desolace/Maraudon]
-Having abilities raids look for.
-Sacrifice Demon, from years ago, when in situations that micro management, pathing, ui, or any other pet issue was resolved by just getting rid of it and finishing the fight.

What makes playing your class less fun?
-In classic, demonology was the main tank group caster because the tank needed the slightly better healthstone and the imp's HP buff since it was group only. Now ppl can't remember our raid buffs since they're reduced to 0 by everything else. I have yet to find anyone that even notices we have a +10% spellpower buff for raids.
-Mastery heavy stats, now with reforge, has led us to reduced haste and crit. For Demonology, could we maybe reduce the influence of it on the pet by half and take the other half and put it in haste?
-Mastery for Demonology makes our pet damage a dependency of our viability to a group/raid, but broken areas that pets don't function in [i.e. Nefarion's End platform] drops our usefulness dramatically.

How do you feel about your “rotation”?
-Metamorphosis is nearly required to go off immediately after every cooldown.
-Dots feel the same as 6 years ago: Doom, Immolate, Corrupt, Shadowbolt x3, reup immo/corrupt, Shadowbolt x3, rinse repeat. Now, we just cast Hand of Gul'dan instead of Immolate and sometimes look like a demon while we do it.

What’s on your wish list for your class?
++++++Tank in perma-demon form+++++++
+Class flying mount [Demon or even Demon flightform]
+Demon Soul based on spec tree and not demon [although they do need to be present]
+Ritual of Summoning to require less additional people, like none, but maybe a reagent.
+Ritual of Souls to require less additional people, but remove create healthstone as a result

What spells do you use the least?
-Eye of Kilrogg [glyph to make it invisible would be nicer than flying]
-Searing Pain
-Curse of Tongues [always immune]
-Summon Voidwalker
-Demonic Empowerment since it became a pvp pet trinket
-Life Tap now that mana feed took over in demonology
-Unending Breath [do ppl even drown anymore? I'm undead, it takes forever to even try to drown]
-Enslave Demon, most have the lesser glyph, but it's just in hope for it to be useful again.
What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

Pve

If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Raiding/heroics.

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The 10 minute cooldown on doomguard is quite a pain while progressing seeing as you can only use it once every once in a while and its a large part of our dps.

Having to be in melee range for shadowflame/immolation aura even though we are a ranged class.

Demon soul being pet based instead of spec based.

Mainly the abilitys and things you can do such as teleportation.

Having to be in melee range for more damage.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

As i stated above i like it for the most part apart from the 10 min doomguard cd and having to
be in melee range for the most damage.

Probably doomguard with a 5 min cd and 10 min debuff cooldown that goes away with death.

Eye of killrog,Searing pain,Enslave Demon.

pve mostly
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other
raid
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
i would like to be able to self summon my summoning portal and Healtstone , it s a pain and buggy to get 2 other people to clic it and with mass summon it should be self cast now
even my class suck hardcore on dps , i know it buff other and since no one wanna play it on my server i feel special
so many button on my spell bar !
■How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
i am mostly demo due to the fact i can be lazy and use only hand of guldan and incenerate , i know i should take shadowbolt has filler , but meh i would like incenerate on par with shadowbolt for filler
- buff incenerate on demo spec -
remove soul fire in destro rotation and make a way immolation is refresh
make summon portal self cast after 3 sec channel
enslave demon ( all demon are immune anyway if at least i could enslave elemental too )
searing pain ( last time i used it was on twin emperor in aq40)
eye of killrog
health funnel( faster to summon a new pet now )
shadowward ( yeah 20 k on a specific spell is enought ... )
voidsacrifive( well the voidwalker is taking dust right now )
i focus on pvp content

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
ive been a grand marshal rogue prebc and 2400+ rbgs this season 2600+ arena on both my locks, 2550+ on my rogue in arena and 2400+ on various alts

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could e considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.Many warlock spells have become redundant and no longer are required or are at the point they barely are worth using. Searing pain is useless, with the 10014202044 interrupts in the game casting many channeled spells are pretty useless to use, and the fact that everything is from the same tree doesnt help.Destruction is not viable anymore, many of the changes that were made need to be reverted 1) i want a felhunter to have increased crit/ dmg for destruction having the demonsoul use for imp only and not being able to spell lock for a 3 minute cooldown sux. Chaosbolt hits like a wet noodle it does not do any dmg for such a long cooldown and it needs to do way more. All of a warlocks dmg as destruction is modified by immolate and since every healer has dispels now you can never keep immolate up, thus we lose dmg off everything and cant even conflag. I Think autodevour should be back on as manual devour really isnt that big of a difference as we cant defensively dispel with a felpuppy now anyway.
i would really like to see defensive dispels on the felpuppy come back as when they were used well it was done skillfully.

What makes playing your class more fun? i used to love the multi dotting many targets and tanking damage, but with the amount of damage going out in current game and the the fact that warlocks dont regen health anymore this isnt possible.

What makes playing your class less fun? Too many interrupts, way too much damage coming out of other classes, way too little survivability on warlocks, no health regen on warlocks anymore.Immolate needs to be undispelable / protected all of warlocks dmg as destruction is castable which is horrible in the current gamestate as everyone has interrupts and when you actually can cast dmg it does 4-5k hits which was less than at level 80 a dk does 1 global and does like 20k+ dmg and a warlock needs 4 x 2.5 second casts and if none of them crit it does the same dmg and this is without interrupt silences and stuns, all of destruction dmg needs to be increased we need our crit back as well from talents, and we need defensive dispels back from a felpuppy. Trying to make warlocks use multiple pets for demonsoul effect sucks. i dislike having to choose between spell lock and defensive dispels when classes like mages can spell lockwithout a pet and decurse easily etc.

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)Every spell an affliction warlock has is shadow there is no mixed tree spells, i dislike soulswap and would rather see it removed and have all of our dot damage increased, i also miss having immolate as well as ua for an extra dot and i also enjoyed having siphon life as an extra dot

Immolate undispellable. all destruction damage increased as it does less than at lvl 80
We need crit again as we have none, we need our demonsoul to work with felpuppy as destro and not just imp as we need spell lock. we need more survivability, i would like to see defensive dispels come back for use with the felpuppy and autodevour as well.I would also like to see drain mana returned as every healer and dps has way too much mana now and its impossible to make them go oom and this is the best time in the game to have drain mana with such big mana pools and so many talents/ skills that give mana back.
Id like to see soulswap removed and all of our affliction dmg buffed as we dont need it and its costing us dmg when it really doesnt help much, id like to see improved soulfire removed and more dmg for us.

Searing pain, eye of kilrogg, enslave demon, unending breathe isnt magic so its pointless, soulburn is pretty much useless for affliction as the cast time is too long for the dmg and if you soulburn your wasting it as its better used for other things
  • What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]

PvE

• If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]

Mostly the latest tier of raids (up through heroic difficulty) and heroic dungeons, but occasionally old raids and dungeons.

• What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

Because of the long cooldown on Soulburn, Soul Shards are most often saved for quick summoning. Combined with the limited method of refreshing shards through killing enemies with Drain Soul, the resource is much less useful than it could be.

The long cooldowns on abilities persisting after death either slows down raid attempts or hinders our damage on successive attempts.

• What makes playing your class more fun?

Being difficult to master and few in number makes it a welcome challenge. The high demand for our buffs, utilities, and high damage output is nice.

• What makes playing your class less fun?

The lack of emphasis on soul shards makes utilizing the resource feel unrewarding.

The new Demonic Pact killed a nice niche demonologists had in WotLK.

Decimation hardly feels like an execute anymore, especially since Impending Doom is not affected by Soul Fire.

Demonology has low mobility.

The longer cooldown and low damage on Soul Swap renders the ability near useless in PvE. With Bane of Doom able to be cast only on one target, but doing significantly more damage than Bane of Agony, it is optimal to manually cast DoTs when multidotting, unless the Soul Swap is between a secondary and tertiary target. Although this has always been the case, being able to keep all DoTs rolling on a secondary target without needing to watch them was a great convenience.

• How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)

Demonology is good, but I miss the challenge ISF brought to the spec. The 4.0 Demonology "rotation" felt like it was at a perfect level of difficulty. However, the new ISF is tedious with Destruction, especially since the buff no longer makes Soul Fire a faster cast—this level of difficulty is not reflected in Destruction's damage output. Affliction is perfect the way it is, and its relative ease is welcoming to new warlocks.
  • What’s on your wish list for your class?

Removing ISF from Destruction and adding the 8% fire and shadow damage buff to the Cataclysm mastery would greatly improve the flow of Destruction's rotation. Replacing the current ISF—on the tier it used to be—with Decimation would ensure that Soul Fire is still a part of Destruction's rotation, keep Decimation open to Demonology, and remain useless to Affliction.

I would like to see the old haste ISF reintroduced to the Demonology tree, in place of Decimation. This would alleviate Demonology's low mobility, and make the Decimation execute (from the Destruction tree, if my previous wish is implemented) feel more rewarding, even if Impending Doom was not changed to be affected by Soul Fire. It would also bring back the wonderful challenge Demonology posed at the start of the expansion. Unlike Destruction, ISF flowed quite well with Demonology. Perhaps the mastery buff to Demonology can be reversed to maintain balance?

Treating major cooldowns in the same way Heroism is treated would make raid attempts flow more quickly and smoothly.

Granting the ability to refresh Soul Shards through using Drain Soul for a set amount of time would make restoring shards less situational. Significantly reducing the cooldown on Soulburn to 10 seconds or so, combined with making more abilities Soulburn-able (like glyphed Shadowflame's slowing effect through Soulburn) would make the Soul Shard resource seem a lot more rewarding.

Making it impossible (or very difficult) to pull off of the Voidwalker by greatly increasing its threat/damage would make it actually worth using.

Increasing the stun chance for Rain of Fire through the Aftermath talent would make the AoE worth using over Seed of Corruption for Destruction specs.

Bringing down the cooldown on Soul Swap would make it a little more useful. Also, the spell would be much more useful if it could be prepared to cast curses like shaman totems are prepared to be dropped all at once.

Removing the spell duration to Eye of Kilrogg would make it significantly more useful.

Detect Invisibility should be brought back... because somebody has to be able to see them. ;)

Demonology hybridized for tanking and damage dealing would make the class more appealing. With virtually no price of hybridization for classes like Druids, Priests, Paladins, and Death Knights, it would be great if classes were hybridized where possible.

Bringing back the old Demonic Pact would make us feel special. :)

• What spells do you use the least?

Searing Pain
      Rain of Fire
      Enslave Demon
      Summon Voidwalker
      Curse of Weakness
      Eye of Kilrogg
What type of content do u focus on?
PvP

If pve, what type of pve?
n/a

If pvp, what type of pvp?
Arena, rbg, world pvp

What are your biggest quality of life issues?

- Ive noticed a glitch in rbg's for locks. When I die I immediately spawn with an imp and have to take the time to resummon my intended pet out when I need to be out in the field. This should be fixed in the next patch.

- Immolate needs a dispel protection! Theres simply no denying it; its just too vital a spell for destro locks to have because conflagorate plays a big part in our rotation. And if for whatever reason this cant be done then plz put Shadowflame viable for conflagoration as well!

-Soul fire is by far one of my most favorite spells to use but the long cast time simply is not worth it for the amount of dmg it does. It needs a dmg boost too be made worth using!

-I really like playing as demo mainly because I like the beneficial effects of metamorphisis (along with the fact of turning into a giant demon). It also makes me feel powerful and I feel more focused when I play this spec in pvp. Also this spec partly focuses on the player combining shadow magic with fire magic which to me makes it unique and superior to the other 2 specs.

-I also like playing destruction because I like the fast-paced dmg it offers along with the dmg and decent rotation.

-Using enslave demon to control my own DEMONS!! =D

-Over everything, being forced to play affliction in pvp. I do not like this at all because with the recent debuffs on destro and demo Ive been forced to play affliction because it does more dmg and has more survivability than the other specs. While this is all well and good it rules out the ability for players to play what THEY want to enjoy and play as in pvp. And in my opinion; the most skilled pvpers r the ones who get to play the spec they truly enjoy and love.
-I also dont like the way things look with demo mainly because while the spec offers good high dmg and survivability it has very poor mobility due to its poor rotation and slow casting making it very easy to cc. This should be rectified. I have played demo also in random bg's and rateds and I always saw the spec as more of a pet-based spec (very similar to beast mastery of the hunter spec) as well as a combo shadow/fire spec.
- One spell I really enjoyed using was enslave demon! It was always fun to enslave and experiment with other demons just for the feel of trying out a new pet on enemy players! But this spell lasts for only a mere 5 min and really makes this spell pointless to even have and all but useless.

How do you feel about your "rotation"? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used).
I have been playing as all 3 specs and I would just like to express my thoughts on all of them if thats alright.
Playing as Affliction is no doubt the best rotation of all the warlock specs by far and is the spec like most warlocks that I have been playing since Cata came out. But one issue I have is the fact that all of our cc's r mind-affecting abilities just as fear and howl of terror. While this is definitely proved to be effective on all fronts most classes have shown to have some long-term immunity such as a warriors berserker rage and if there is a dire situation, theres nothing the warlock can do to save his teammate. If such a thing were to happen the warlock should, along with deathcoil, have atleast a snare or stun cc avaiable should it come to be a dire situation.
The rotation for demo warlocks, as I have said offers high dmg and survivability the rotation is simply too slow to even be viable in pvp making the demo lock susceptible to being chain cc'ed and trained at the same time! I believe that even while demo locks can have hand of guldan for snares it does not help in the long run. This ability should have no cooldown atleast so that if opponents should attempt to constantly hide in cover or cc on top of the demolocks slow casting then they could use this to control the situation! Demo is a fun spec and while it can be made to be viable for pvp it should have a viable rotation that would prove effective in arenas and rbg's in the long run.
Destruction and believe me that lots of people would back me on this is not entirely a viable spec in pvp. The spec's rotation helps in a way that it builds up to the point of bringing alot of dmg down on the opponent, its ISF is just horrible. Also the number one thing that makes this spec inviable for pvp is that there is no dispel protection on immolate. I would have believed this to be fixed a LONG time ago but so far there has been nothing! This spec definitely needs some looking into and read the forums on Destruction pvp as well as many warlocks talk about how wrong the spec is!

Whats on your wish list for your class?
Well for one I would very much like to see demonology become a viable spec in PvP as well as destruction(but demo preferably!). Demo is just quite simply the spec I just playing the most because of its sheer firepower and, of course, the Metamorphisis. I will be putting a forum page on my thoughts about the demonology spec as well as inviting others to share and comment on what they think could make this spec more viable for PvP.
If nothing else please return destruction back to its original state!! I would like to see this spec be used in arena as it was also a fun and enjoyable spec to play due to its fast-paced dmg.
I would like to see one major change about our pets and what I wish for in this case is for the enslave demon to be made into a permanent spell rather than just 5 min. There is no public rule stating anywhere that locks should not be allowed to have pets at all similar to hunters pets! If players prefer the animal variety then they will play as a hunter or otherwise will roll as a warlock.
Also I would like to see my favorite pet the "felguard"! upgraded to be capable of lots of dmg as the felhunter can with its shadow bite that hits for like 20-22k each hit. Also since players make a habit of targetting our pets allow our pets to have resilience against players so as that we would not have to worry about our pets dying so much.
The Voidwalker's shield definitely needs an upgrade to be useful since it only blocks out 9k dmg make it to where it blocks 20-30k points of dmg this time!

Searing pain has no purpose in any rotation
Bane of agony
Enslave demon
Soul fire
Summon Imp
Summon Voidwalker
Summon doomguard/infernal

What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both] PVP

If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs] 3v3 Arena, BG's

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? Shadowflame 70% snare requiring a major glyph slot, hardest hitting ability is on autocast on my pet, pet has no CC breaker, but is a major part of my DPS

What makes playing your class more fun? the utility I bring, the "outlast" playstyle of affliction

What makes playing your class less fun? The new found dependence on a healer instead of our old self healing, the terrible single target damage outside of Demon Soul, Glyph of Soul Swap, every melee having a 10 second interrupt, every caster having two snares/roots, Spellcasting speed debuffs,

How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
Let Drain Life stack Shadow's Embrace. The damage is already horrible.

-Increased self-healing through Drain Life and Haunt
-less passive Bonus Healing through Demon Armor
-Shadowflame Snare built into the ability
-Get rid of Glyph of Soul Swap and increase single target DoT Damage
-Turn Shadowbite into a Longer Cooldown burst button, similar to Kill Command in execution

Stop trying to take away my fun buttons.

Edited for lines.
oops
PVE
■If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Current Tier Progression Raids
■What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
Pet bar dissapearing, some buffs (armor/soul link) not being maintained when zoning in to areas.
I enjoy movements while keeping dots/rotation up, making use of Teleport and other mechanics during movement. (i mainly play affliction). The utility nature of curses are very nice-I raid with another lock and ability to have COE and weakness/tongues is nice and adds an element of "choice" to the game.
standing still mindlessly "pew-pewing" gets old-phase 3 of shannox is very very boring for a lock.
■How do you feel about your “rotation”?
Affliction feels good to me, instead of spamming Shadow Bolts maybe just one more thing to do there, a triggered spell like the Fel Flame from T11 4 piece, would maintain the nice flow of affliction but break up the "sameness"
Soulburn was a great idea that seemed to fall short-for affliction anyway. Maybe a soulburn instant cast Unstable Affliction would make ramp up short, but not be an overpowered spell, and make soulburn a more utilized tool for Affliction specs.Or the soulburn spell could be what would break up the rotation as i mentioned above-soulburned Fel Flame would be 300% buffed with a cooldown-could be slipped into rotation once in a while.
Eye of Kilrogg
1) Soul shard mechanics...our class defining ability, should play a more integral part in all aspects of the game. All specs need a way to recover shards in combat(without killing an enemy) and soul shards should be very valueable in both pvp and pve.

2) Pets...I like the idea of having the pets tied to each spec. That said, currently the succubus and voidwalker have almost no use. The succubus should be the single target pet for demo and the voidwalker shield should be strong enough to warrant soul shard summoning one in times of need.

3) Destro...I understand that DOTS are what some consider to define warlocks, but to many of us, the idea of an "evil mage" is why we rolled a lock in the first place. In pve, the destro rotation feels ruined every time you have to hard cast a soulfire. Chaos bolt damage is laughable, and there are several shadow based spells that are still frequently used by a spec based on fire. You dont see afflcition locks casting fire spells, the opposite should be true for Destro.
In pvp it is only fair to assume that affliction is our designated pvp tree. This is understandable. Many other classes have only one spec option for pvp. But at least give us the option to play a glass cannon....right now we're a glass wet noodle. Chaos bolt!!!! One move could solve this entire problem. "Casting chaos bolt on a target afflicted by immolate refreshes the duration of immolate and makes the immolate undispellable."

What type of content do you focus on?

- PVE mostly. Once in a blue moon I'll some random battlegrounds, but I don't care much for PvP overall.

If PvE, what type of PvE?

- Raiding. I love downing new content with my guild.

If PvP, what type of PvP?

As stated above I don't enjoy PvP that much (I do acknowledge that PvP can be exhilarating but I find it somewhat repetitive.)

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.

The occasional bugginess of my demon. For example if I zone into an instance while on a mount I lose control of my demon and need to resummon it.

- I like the utility of dots; in theory I can do damage to a target while afk. Also demons are awesome.

- I find it annoying that as demonology a significant part of my damage comes form incineration aura and shadowflame. Mind you I enjoy having these spells in my arsenal, but it seems counter intuitive that as a ranged dps class a two of my spells require me to be so close to my opponent.

I like the affliction rotation; the dot management is not tedious yet not too simplistic.

The demonology rotation is also fine except shadowflame and incineration aura (see above.)

Being able to customize my demons more. This could include choosing different color palettes for my demons, renaming my demon, and picking a different gendered demon (which if I'm not mistaken was in works at some point? I vaguely remember reading a blue post about that.)

Maybe adding some different demons as well to our menagerie? Perhaps an entropic eye or something.

Also a spell that instantly kills all mages within a 100 yard radius and puts a sign on each of their backs which reads "fail".

- I'd say enslave demon. I honestly can't remember when the last time I used that was.
# What type of content do you focus on? [PvE/PvP/Both]
Mostly PVP, I only PVE to get gear Im gonna use for pvp.

# If PvE, what type of PvE? [Heroics/Raids/Other]
Just raids mostly

# If PvP, what type of PvP? [Arenas, BGs, Rated BGs]
I like doing arenas. I don't like Rated BG's.

# What are your biggest quality-of-life issues? For instance, no longer requiring ammo could be considered a quality-of-life improvement for hunters.
I guess one thing that annoys me that I have to re-summon my pet because its bugged and doesnt have any action bars.

# What makes playing your class more fun?
Killing people in arena. Wished they brought back 2v2 skirmishes, those were a lot of fun. Now I feel like theirs nothing to do that's fun anymore.

# What makes playing your class less fun?
Playing against Frost Mages. They have way to much control in arena, against casters and melee.

# How do you feel about your “rotation”? (Rotation is the accepted order in which abilities are used to maximum efficiency.)
I guess its fine, I think shadowbolt cast time is to long.

# What’s on your wish list for your class?
Well I play demo spec for PVP, so most of what I want is for that spec.

-Give Demo spec a interrupt ability (For the Felguard or new spell ability).
-Buff Felguards single target damage. I feel its kind of weak compared to what the Felhunter can do.
-Would be cool if the Felguard had an ability just like shattering throw that removed abilities like ice block, pally bubble etc.
-I don't like the talent Impending Doom, the 15% chance to reduce Metamorphosis by 15 sec. I liked the old talent that reduced Metamorphosis and Demonic Empowerment by 30%. It would be awesome if they brought that back again.
-Soulfire Damage should be buffed. Right now, my Shadowbolt hits harder than Soulfire.
-Since the nerf to Fel Armor, I feel like demo survivability is weak. Maybe give us some passive healing ability or maybe more damage reduction.
-Take away the damage you do to yourself when you do Hellfire or just nerf the damage you take. With the Fel Armor nerf, I cant even use the hellfire for the full duration cause i take to much damage.
-Buff the range on Hellfire maybe by like 1 or 2 yards. Before the range on it was way to big but now its impossible to even get anyone out of stealth with it. I can still get sap by a rogue or pounced on by a druid while channeling Hellfire.
-Update the Voidwalker shield. It only absorbs 9k damage. Its the same since wrathfull season and that was about 1/3 of your health. Now it basically absorbs 1/14 of your max health, pointless to even use it anymore.

# What spells do you use the least?
-Eye of Killrog
09/12/2011 09:00 AMPosted by Nethaera

Warlock is an alt for me, though was my main for a while. PvE, bit of PvP.

Heroics, Raid (classic - 10m progression), dailies, achievements and holiday events.

Destro: Spec I mainly play. I'm a pyro what can I say.

Afflic: My off spec and love it, feel this is the lore spec of Warlocks, but I'm still a pyro.

Demo: Never play.

Seldom do, but mostly BGs when I do and Tol Barad.

Hard casting Soulfire, see wish list.

Dots needing to be refreshed when procs or buffs come up.

Picking up rotation after having to move, though Fel Flame does help with that.

The dark side of magic.

Incinerate, one of the best spell graphics in the game from a player in my opinion.

Seed of Corruption, one of the reasons I leveled my Warlock up.

Haunt, just a cool spell in general and I think it fits Afflic perfectly. Kind of wish there could be a Destro version some how.

Hellfire, another spell that made me level up my Warlock. But now as Destro has no use for it compared to Demo, not as fun as it once was.

No room for mistakes, but does add to the challenge.

Destro: I like it, say one thing, why do I have to cast corruption?!?!?! Other then Corruption, it feels better now then it did in Wrath.

Afflic: I like it, but thought Drain Life made and fitted better as a filler then Shadowbolt does.

Demo: as above, I don't play demo.

For Destro to be a true fire tree, I look at this way, Afflic cast only shadow spells, Demo cast both fire and shadow and Destro should only cast fire or turn all the fire spells into shadowfire.

I do not like having to cast corruption to max out my dps. If we are going to be forced to keep casting corruption. Then would like to see a new spell for Destro that is a fire based dot that works like corruption but can't be used with corruption or possibly a talent that changes corruption into fire damage. This would at least make us more fire base and give us a mix of dot and direct damage.

I don't have a problem with casting Bane of Agony/Doom (depending on targets health). Though I feel Bane of Havoc should have replaced the need for them all together, specially seeing as we have to talent for it, though I like the way BoH works now too.

Shadowburn to made into a shadowfire spell or binary spell with shadow up front and a fire dot that last the same time for the kill condition for Soul Shards. Maybe Shadowburn turned into more of a true execute like Drain Soul is for Afflic.

Rain of Fire to tick a bit more. Seems compared to an equally geared mage, Blizzard ticks faster and does more damage then RoF. I do not know if RoF is suppose to have a higher coefficient or more base damage but always seems that Blizzard is far better.

Would be nice if Imp proccing Soulfire wasn't so random and such a low proc rate. Maybe make it proc from ticks of Burning Embers, instead of the Imps Firebolts. I think Having to hard cast SF is why most don't like ISF.

For Soulburn to have more use. As Destro I get two uses out of it, instant pet and instant Soulfire. Afflic gets faster Drain Life but now that DL isn't a valid filler little use in PvE.

Mastery (also applies in general not just Lock): I feel that after the talent restructuring, all the bloated talents that increased Warlock damage were just made into our mastery stat. Would like to see them have more fun or at least noticeable effect. Damage increase is nice but Mastery is last stat in priorities for both Afflic and Destro. I would like to see Mastery become that stat that every one wants over other stats cause its a good increase to damage, fun and play style. Would be cool if there were a choice in Mastery, IE we can choose from a couple different ones per spec.

Demon Armor

Voidwalker, I find in general I can level just as easy with main spec demon.

Searing Pain

Curse of Weakness, all tanks have this now.

Eye of Kilrogg

Unending Breath

Curse of Tongues

Soulshatter, has gotten where its hard to need this.

Demonic Circle: Summon/Teleport, I find in PvE this is can be useful. .

Enslave Demon
Ill make some suggestions that will make our class more fun and change quality of life that also impacts on how we play.

1.make soulfire instant cast for destro with a cooldown , and increase damage buff to 10-15%
with out blowing shards , the shards can be used to make the cooldowns go away.

2.make chaos bolt either hit harder or make it instant cast with a cooldown , this will help pvp and pve rotations and gameplay alot.

3.increase all aoe damage across the board so we arnt the only pure class on the bottom of overall damage. or decrease everyone elses aoe.

4.buffs impact a class more than the skill of the player and while buffs are needed for raids they shouldnt make you look weak either, when you dont have them. especialy in a 10 man raid. when i have buffs i make melee look weak , when they have buffs they make me look weak. or increase the amount of buffs a class can carry like shammy and pallys.

5.give immo dispell protection and move shadowbolt to the affliction tree or demo tree.

6.affliction ramp up time with shadow embrace is very poor and the damage increase at 25%(targets health at 25%) needs to go away and spread out through the tree. it makes us look weak on everything but a long fight. oh yeah it may help pvp to.

7.same as #6 demo is in the same boat this tree is only good for aoe damage because its damage is all in the last 25% of the tree. which make us look extra bad for learning new boss fights.
25% damage make look cool on paper but its quality of life is super bad.

8.pets need to either be a larger portion of our damage or alot smaller , the damage they do especialy while keeping them alive is not in a good place.

all of these i stated are quality of life issues because they either imact our rotations or make us look very weak and over complicated , they will help us with our gameplay and increase our ability to perform , as of now we have these issues.........

1.25% damage buffs underscoring our ability to function across the board.(targets health at 25% health)
2.cast times that are either to long or under powerd
3.rotations that are overcomplicated that require more than than the what the game comes with such as addons. addons dont just make the game change how we view it , its required for our current situation.
4.movement and defenses are far to low or hender out ability to play properly.
5.pets die to easy or ruin our ability to function to much espaecily when they either dont do enough damage or they do to much damage the roll they play is very minor compared to the impact of keeping them around.
Both (more PVP than PVE)

a few heroic or normal random, questing events, etc..

rated bg and bg are more fun, arena I think that is so stress by second

What are your biggest quality-of-life issues?
1.resummoning pet...
2.leave combat, for example, a mage can use blink and leave combat, and then use evocation, but a warlock cant do that, because the pet leave combat until he arrive to you (sorry my english)
3.every demon is a plus for the spec, for example: felhunter-afli, imp-destru, and sucubus with which??
4.anyone are using with destru :(

-the history about of this class... with DK are "the dark classes"
-the demons are so cool, but would be fun use more of them..

-I miss play destru .. but in raids, bg, or arena, anyone is playing with them
-is hard win vs mele, and is very hard win without a healer
-i miss use mana drain, it was cool for questing and battlegrounds

-for afli is good, maybe much time for cast shadow bolt, but it's ok
-for destru, is so bored, because if some mele reach you, u must forget that u can cast, destru is only a bit fun with pve

chaos bolt with more damage, and some kind of detrudots (yeah!! fire dots :D)
mana drain, or some kind of spell like mana burn... would be cool have it again.. for example, would be fun: mana drain 2.0 (get the mana from enemy, but u loose health and mana..)

-kilrog, enslave demon, Searing Pain, Rain of Fire, health tunnel