Transmogrification Rules

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 2 3 101 Next
That will be a design decision, but I have to point out that one of the prime examples of an item that will not be allowed is one that it invisible. It is unlikely that some invisible items will be allowed, and others will not.

Thank you for the feedback and explanation though.

So given these rules, we can expect all rogues to have to use a dagger for their off-hand transmog?

I ask, because the current design philosophy is dagger only, where in the past, there were off-hand swords as the previously mentioned Dal'rends set.

The gun, bow, crossbow exception would seem to be a good policy to follow as well for off-hands, or at least allowing off-hand daggers to be used if combat =/
• There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible)

What is with this new "No fun allowed" stance?

You seriously think using a fish is too absurd? You should probably look at this game and realise it's a goofy fantasy game that pretty much runs off of absurd, dumb things.

So we get silly poop quests and pop culture references out the wazoo, but engaging in an epic battle with a Rockhide Strongfish equipped is too much to ask?

Exactly. The poop quests and pop culture references are not epic battles.
Then why even give us the fish in the first place?

It does damage, it has a stamina bonus, and it's classified as a mace.

If I were so inclined, I could equip it on my Rogue and PvP using the fish...

Why, Kaivax, why?
• The displayed enchant will be that of the currently equipped item.

Can you please re-think this?

I *really* don't want to be forced to see power torrent anymore, no matter what weapon it's on. It visually devours any weapon art with its glowing effect, which is totally against the point of transmogrifying something. Aside from the obvious difference between a stave and a 1H/OH, It makes every caster using the enchant look like they're wielding the same dang thing, because the weapon itself is buried under the orange and purple swirling.
09/19/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Kaivax
• Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.

Pretty garbage thing to do right there. Ah well. I'm over leveling alts since they seem to be determined to strip all the potential fun out of it.
Good info... One question tough. You said only green, blue and purples will be able to be transmogrified, but can i use a normal item to make my sword look like it? just bought some whites that i really liked their look...
Regardless, i'm still looking forward to make my swords badass Brutal Gladiator's Slicer
Still wish I could show off Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings again.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers!
I still think legendaries should be able to be used in transmogrification. I know the reasoning for not allowing them scale, but isn't that reason moot if we can essentially do the same thing with almost every other item in the game?
Placing an item in Void Storage strips its transmogrification.

I am OK with everything else BUT this...
Only common (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple)

Do you mean Common as in White text or did you mean to say Uncommon for Green?

I had a pair of vendor axes I was hoping to transmog my current ones into, this will not be possible?

Also Forever Lovely Rose should totally be eligible to transmog with, how am I supposed to reach max cuteness now Kaivax?
I find it unfair that a hunter may transmogrify to any primary weapon type of their choosing, melee may not. Many rogues have begged for the days of Combat Swords/Axes/Fists/Maces/ANYTHINGTHAT'SNOTADAGGERFORANOFFHAND. It burns me up that hunters will get to choose whatever they want, while my poor people (and to the same extent, sword/mace/axe/fist loving warriors, paladins, shaman, etcetera) will get stuck using whatever weapon type from this tier fits in their hands the best. And, if I recall correctly, it was stated that (or something to a similar effect) there would no longer be any sword weapons itemized for Rogues (IE, agility). So, that's nice, too.

Now I get to see hunters rocking whatever they want, while I'll always be stuck with a piddly looking dagger for an offhand.

( I don't mean to sound callous, but... well, I'm pretty annoyed by it all :( )
No mention of PvP restrictions? :(
REALLY dislike the enchant part. So many good looks are going to be ruined by the overly flashy 85 enchants =/
I find it unfair that a hunter may transmogrify to any primary weapon type of their choosing, melee may not. Many rogues have begged for the days of Combat Swords/Axes/Fists/Maces/ANYTHINGTHAT'SNOTADAGGERFORANOFFHAND. It burns me up that hunters will get to choose whatever they want, while my poor people (and to the same extent, sword/mace/axe/fist loving warriors, paladins, shaman, etcetera) will get stuck using whatever weapon type from this tier fits in their hands the best. And, if I recall correctly, it was stated that (or something to a similar effect) there would no longer be any sword weapons itemized for Rogues (IE, agility). So, that's nice, too.

Now I get to see hunters rocking whatever they want, while I'll always be stuck with a piddly looking dagger for an offhand.

There's a reason why there shouldn't be agility swords -- Enhancement Shamans tend to get angry when the only slow 1h agility weapons end up being swords, which we can't use.

Like... the 365 crafted sword.

What an utter waste of a rare, rare, rare *slow* agility weapon. They made it a freaking sword that we can't use.

That aside, yes, it'd be nice to have my rogue use something other than a dagger in the OH. But, unfortunately, Blizz doesn't want to see rogues running around with 2 axes for whatever reason, or what-not.

They could at least make fast kukris or something that look more like swords than daggers. Actually, don't they already exist, lower level? I thought I saw one once that was nearly large enough to pass as a sword....
I'm not sure I get the point of restricting weapon types in transmog, it's difficult as it is to find a single weapon that matches a particular set I'm interested in, let alone one of each weapon type--furthermore the lack of restriction with ranged weapons baffles me--surely the "Sound" can't be a good enough excuse to make such an exception.

Also It also kinda screws over holy paladins (Although this scenario can apply to anyone) when you get strange weapons like the Eye of Purification, A healing axe.

I just don't see the point of restricting weapon types outside the general "you can't transmog a weapon you can't equip" rule, is all.
The only thing I have to say is that legendary weapons aren't exactly legendary when they're only seen as proof that the person has an outdated and weak weapon equipped.

It'd be nice to see these incredibly hard-earned weapons in places other than Stormwind.
How come these rules do not anything about 2H weapons?

If im a hunter can I make my polearm look like a staff? or vica versa... hunters are already very limited
Is it possible to make it so you can change any 1H/2H weapon to another 1H/2H weapon as long as the class can use it?

I have some 1H swords I'd like to use but (as of right now) the BiS weapons for me are 1H axes. Now this might be moot-ish if the BiS in 4.3 are swords, but I don't see why we should be restricted to the same exact weapon type for future gear.

It's fairly obvious that the ability to lock things by class are already in place so it's not as if this is a strange request.

There's a reason why there shouldn't be agility swords -- Enhancement Shamans tend to get angry when the only slow 1h agility weapons end up being swords, which we can't use.

Like... the 365 crafted sword.

What an utter waste of a rare, rare, rare *slow* agility weapon. They made it a freaking sword that we can't use.

That aside, yes, it'd be nice to have my rogue use something other than a dagger in the OH. But, unfortunately, Blizz doesn't want to see rogues running around with 2 axes for whatever reason, or what-not.

They could at least make fast kukris or something that look more like swords than daggers. Actually, don't they already exist, lower level? I thought I saw one once that was nearly large enough to pass as a sword....

No, please, believe me, I understand and am sympathetic to Enhancement Shaman over the Mace/Axe/Sword/Fist fiasco. My problem is that melee and spellcasters will not be granted the same customization option as Hunters when the difference is exactly nothing; their primary weapon can be what they want it to be, what reasoning is there that ours can't?