Transmogrification Rules

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 101 Next
So wait... after i transmog my gear/weps, i cant put the gear i wont wear in the void storage because my current gear look will be reverted???

could you guys reconsider having only guns and bows to mix and match. Many times you guys make max dps items axes I would like if you gave swords, maces and axes this option.
Is it possible to have Polearms and Staves classified as the same 'Weapon Type'? For all intents and purposes as a druid/hunter, they're exactly the same items and there are some really cool model polearms and/or staves that would be great to use but you can't because of the limited drops of either item in current content.

e.g. for Firelands there is Ranseur of Hatred, a BoE polearm and Fandral's Flamescythe, a boss drop - not much choice and one is superior to the other for both classes that use them.
I'm not sure I get the point of restricting weapon types in transmog, it's difficult as it is to find a single weapon that matches a particular set I'm interested in, let alone one of each weapon type--furthermore the lack of restriction with ranged weapons baffles me--surely the "Sound" can't be a good enough excuse to make such an exception.

Also It also kinda screws over holy paladins (Although this scenario can apply to anyone) when you get strange weapons like the Eye of Purification, A healing axe.

I just don't see the point of restricting weapon types outside the general "you can't transmog a weapon you can't equip" rule, is all.

^^
This.

The only restrictions we should have, is "can only transmog a weapon you can equip" and "2h must stay 2h, 1h must stay 1h".

I really REALLY don't see what's wrong with turning an axe into a dagger, or a dagger into a mace.

You can't have shamans wielding swords (O M G, Blizz forbid!) because of the "must be able to equip the weapon" rule, which obviously we can't equip swords.

I honestly don't understand the restriction, and yes, weapon choices suck sometimes. Maybe I don't want to be stuck using a sword for the rest of my Cataclysm days on my Ret Paladins and Death Knights. What if I miss the look of some of the cooler-looking AXES?

Nope, can't have, unless I get a competitive axe... oh wait, those don't exist. There are no 2H Axes outside of Raiding with a decent I-level and stats.

Solo-ish obtainable 2H Strength weapons:

Sword (333)
Sword (346)
Sword (365)

And that's it.

Maybe a mace if you do Heroics.

Axes? Nope.

I guess I'm doomed to never see an axe on my character again.
Ur right it kinds suck we cant do our legendary Weps

Ohhh well
I'm not sure I get the point of restricting weapon types in transmog, it's difficult as it is to find a single weapon that matches a particular set I'm interested in, let alone one of each weapon type--furthermore the lack of restriction with ranged weapons baffles me--surely the "Sound" can't be a good enough excuse to make such an exception.

Also It also kinda screws over holy paladins (Although this scenario can apply to anyone) when you get strange weapons like the Eye of Purification, A healing axe.

I just don't see the point of restricting weapon types outside the general "you can't transmog a weapon you can't equip" rule, is all.

The only issue I can possibly see is to not allow TG warriors to transmogrify their weapons to Staves and Polearms, if only for the reason that there are no one-handed staff/polearm animations. Other then that, it's baffling to me that those restrictions are in place.
• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

Please consider changing this one. It really makes no more a difference to a Shaman whether he's wielding a melee Axe or Fist Weapon, or a caster Dagger or Mace, than it does to a Hunter whether he's using a Bow or Gun.

In both cases, the equipped item will be the best weapon available to that player, and in both cases the player may have some aesthetic they're trying to achieve with transmogrification. Restricting me to whatever weapon type I have available from whatever raid is current does nothing but subtract from the number of options I have for transmogrification.

If for example I want to go with a my Skyshatter Tier6 look, you won't allow me to use Crystal Spire of Karabor unless I want to downgrade from my current 391 caster dagger to a 384 Ragnaros mace I'd be rolling on strictly to transmogrify to get that look.

If I wanted to wield my T5 Enhance set, with dual Dragonstrike, I'd have no choice but to use the worst-itemized of the Enhance weapons in Firelands ( Shatterskull Bonecrusher, a weapon I've only seen drop once in 3 months). There was no Agi mace in the T11 raids, and it's not at all a safe bet there'll be one available (to raiders) at any given time in the future. We don't have the choice of whatever Ruthless weapon type we prefer to wield, we have to take what bosses give us.

Obviously if I care about my DPS, I'm going to use the best weapon available to me, the same as a hunter. I don't see why the rules have to be different. If Mace/Sword/Poleaxe specialization still existed, I could sort of understand, but there's absolutely no functional difference between equippable weapon types for any class but rogue.

If this goes live as stated, I'll learn to live with it, but I won't be able to have as much fun with transmogrification. Loot tables aren't deep enough to justify not being able to transmogrify an axe to look like someone's favorite mace or vice-versa.
• There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible)

Wait. What?

My dream of DW Dark Herring's won't be realized?!

/sob

There's a reason why there shouldn't be agility swords -- Enhancement Shamans tend to get angry when the only slow 1h agility weapons end up being swords, which we can't use.

Like... the 365 crafted sword.

What an utter waste of a rare, rare, rare *slow* agility weapon. They made it a freaking sword that we can't use.

That aside, yes, it'd be nice to have my rogue use something other than a dagger in the OH. But, unfortunately, Blizz doesn't want to see rogues running around with 2 axes for whatever reason, or what-not.

They could at least make fast kukris or something that look more like swords than daggers. Actually, don't they already exist, lower level? I thought I saw one once that was nearly large enough to pass as a sword....

No, please, believe me, I understand and am sympathetic to Enhancement Shaman over the Mace/Axe/Sword/Fist fiasco. My problem is that melee and spellcasters will not be granted the same customization option as Hunters when the difference is exactly nothing; their primary weapon can be what they want it to be, what reasoning is there that ours can't?

Guns are exceptionally noisy. They've been working on a way to give players the option to silence them for a while, and ended up just baking the solution into transmogrification.

No, please, believe me, I understand and am sympathetic to Enhancement Shaman over the Mace/Axe/Sword/Fist fiasco. My problem is that melee and spellcasters will not be granted the same customization option as Hunters when the difference is exactly nothing; their primary weapon can be what they want it to be, what reasoning is there that ours can't?

Guns are exceptionally noisy. They've been working on a way to give players the option to silence them for a while, and ended up just baking the solution into transmogrification.

Well, then allow me to start the "I Hate the chnk-chnk-chnk Noise of Daggers" movement.
09/19/2011 06:40 PMPosted by Mnevis
• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

Please consider changing this one. It really makes no more a difference to a Shaman whether he's wielding a melee Axe or Fist Weapon, or a caster Dagger or Mace, than it does to a Hunter whether he's using a Bow or Gun.

In both cases, the equipped item will be the best weapon available to that player, and in both cases the player may have some aesthetic they're trying to achieve with transmogrification. Restricting me to whatever weapon type I have available from whatever raid is current does nothing but subtract from the number of options I have for transmogrification.

If for example I want to go with a my Skyshatter Tier6 look, you won't allow me to use Crystal Spire of Karabor unless I want to downgrade from my current 391 caster dagger to a 384 Ragnaros mace I'd be rolling on strictly to transmogrify to get that look.

If I wanted to wield my T5 Enhance set, with dual Dragonstrike, I'd have no choice but to use the worst-itemized of the Enhance weapons in Firelands ( Shatterskull Bonecrusher, a weapon I've only seen drop once in 3 months). There was no Agi mace in the T11 raids, and it's not at all a safe bet there'll be one available (to raiders) at any given time in the future. We don't have the choice of whatever Ruthless weapon type we prefer to wield, we have to take what bosses give us.

Obviously if I care about my DPS, I'm going to use the best weapon available to me, the same as a hunter. I don't see why the rules have to be different. If Mace/Sword/Poleaxe specialization still existed, I could sort of understand, but there's absolutely no functional difference between equippable weapon types for any class but rogue.

If this goes live as stated, I'll learn to live with it, but I won't be able to have as much fun with transmogrification. Loot tables aren't deep enough to justify not being able to transmogrify an axe to look like someone's favorite mace or vice-versa.

Again, This.

Add to that, Blizz's infatuation with Fist Fist Fist Fist Fist Fist Fist Fist in Cataclysm all the sudden, and we all the sudden get real boring weapon choices.

I'm not a raider, neither is my other Enh Shaman, but dangit, I'd like something other than a FIST in my weapon slot. I was hoping for some love with Transmog, but......

NOPE!

No Can Do, they say.

Looks like I'm stuck using Fists, until I finish grinding Tol Barad. At least I can get an axe that actually LOOKS like an axe and not a little kid's toy. What kinda sucks, is that our only MH/1H purple BoE slow agility weapon is a freaking fist!
Any plans to let us transmogrify freely between the various 2Hers and 1Hers or at least create more groupings like the ranged weapons? It's just that maces keep being my BiS and they also keep not being nearly as cool looking as sword or axes >>
Since I can't make my dagger look like a 1H sword, can you please tell the people in charge of PvP weapons to bring back caster swords?

Please?
My question. Can I use one One hander to enchant my main hand AND my off hand ?
Can we at least have a conversation about the restriction on using legendaries for transmogrification?
09/19/2011 06:46 PMPosted by Azrale
Can we at least have a conversation about the restriction on using legendaries for transmogrification?

Only after we get a real reason as to why we can't interchange more weapons.

LOTS more people have the whole "I don't want to be stuck using this type weapon!" than people who actually have legendary weapons.

So, let's solve the majority question first.
I know it probably been answered elsewhere but seeing as I can't find a definite one using search and it wasn't mentioned in this thread,

Can we make our PVE gear look like PVP or vice versa? Like I said probably already been mentioned but I can't find any old threads with a blue poster saying for sure on that matter.
09/19/2011 06:46 PMPosted by Azrale

To be fair, this makes sense. Else, we would see every rogue, warrior, and death knight on a server with Warglaives. It would be madness! :)