Transmogrification Rules

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 101 Next
Too many restrictions. Kind of takes the fun out of it. I had a pretty cool set I was going to use but because of all the weapon restrictions it ruins it. Please look into lifting some of these restrictions. Example, one handed swords can transmogrify to one hand axes or to daggers, instead of just Main hand sword to another main hand sword.

Edit - The enchant restriction is also a bit much. I'd like to be able to see the enchant on the weapon I'm actually transmogrifying for.

Overall I appreciate what's being done, the weapon restrictions however are a bit too much.
Ah damn, I was hoping that I would be able to transmogrify my polearm into the two amazing ICC axes, guess not =[
I am still curious. Lets say I transmogrified Erupting Volcanic Spaulders to the appearance of Skyshatter Mantle. Then I get an upgrade (like the upcoming tier set for example). Is there any way that I can get Skyshatter Mantle back/use it for transmogrification again? Or would I have to go back and get the loot again? If it is possible get it back/use it again, will the other item( in this case Erupting Volcanic Spaulders) lose its enchants and gems upon removing the transmogrification?
09/19/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Kaivax
Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

Maybe I missed it but was there an explanation given why swords cannot for example be made to look like axes, etc? I remember that an explanation for allowing guns->bows and such is so dwarves can keep their racial bonus but have the silence of using a bow. What if orcs want their racial for using axes but prefer the looks of swords? Same with humans for their sword/mace racials. Doesn't seem very fair imo.
09/19/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Byte
Can we at least have a conversation about the restriction on using legendaries for transmogrification?

To be fair, this makes sense. Else, we would see every rogue, warrior, and death knight on a server with Warglaives. It would be madness! :)

It would be nice to know what THEY are thinking though. Not everyone has them and they are hard and/or time consuming to obtain.

And for the record I agree about the swapping weapons issue everyone else has mentioned.
I'm disappointed about the main hand/off hand weapons not working for the other hand. Some fists would be pretty cool to dual wield with the same model. Who wouldn't want to use 2 Bladefists or 2 Fist of Deity? :(

I know its because these models were made especially for main hands or offhands, but can't you just flip them like a mirror mode or something?
09/19/2011 06:52 PMPosted by Xadoryl
I know its because these models were made especially for main hands or offhands, but can't you just flip them like a mirror mode or something?

While it is possible to flip them, it's not impossible that the modelling program will flip out and throw vertices everywhere. Not really a desirable outcome.

I do hope that the weapon restrictions for melee are lightened, by the by, but this is the first pass so I'm not too worried. The only problem I can personally see with allowing weapons to swap across sets would be 2h axe/sword/mace->staff/polearm for Titan's Grip.

• Placing an item in Void Storage strips its transmogrification.

This is the only thing I am not 100% clear on.

Is this statement ONLY referring to the item that was changed, and NOT the item that was used?

For example, I and many others will of course, be using Void Storage to hold copious amounts of gear that we have farmed/are farming for this purpose. My plan was to put all of this extra gear in VS, take it out to change my current (equipped) gear, and then place them back in VS.

Is this usage correct/allowed?

It's obvious there is no technical limitation since you're doing it with ranged. A gun, a bow, and a crossbow all act identically.

I think the main reason for this is because many hunters do not like the sound of guns. This will actually give many hunters the freedom to use a gun since they won't have to worry about the horrible sound it makes.
I'm disappointed about the main hand/off hand weapons not working for the other hand. Some fists would be pretty cool to dual wield with the same model. Who wouldn't want to use 2 Bladefists or 2 Fist of Deity? :(

I don't really care about MH/OH restrictions, I just don't want to be stuck with whatever weapon type they think we should use for most of an expansion.

They need to either lift this restriction, or, put MORE WEAPONS in the game and/or stop forcing us to raid to get decent weapons of more than 1 type. And even if I did raid, there's usually 1-and-only-1 weapon of a tier (2 for dual-wielders).

For example, no matter what I do, my DK is expected to wear (x weapon) that is his "best" weapon. I put anything other than that on, when people I know I have the best weapon and it would be like "What the heck are you doing with THAT?"

So, recap:

I don't want my Ret Paladins, Arms Warrior, and Death Knights to be stuck with swords for the rest of the expansion.
Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth)

Don't like this.

• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)

Way to fail it guys. Part of the reason this feature made sense and helped deal with some of the communities issues was because Rogues did not want to use daggers in their offhands anymore, or Combat did not want to main hand an Axe as a Rogue.

This feature might still be a way to handle that but not unless you change this rule. I understand the offhand/mainhand rule but there is no reason not to allow an Axe -> Sword or Dagger -> Sword, or Axe, or whatever .. I personally don't like using anything on my Shaman but Axes (with the absence of being able to wield a sword as a Shaman, of course).

This has actually been brought up many, many times on the forums. Particularly Rogues wanting to return to the days of dual-wielding swords and feeling more like the "Swashbuckler" Combat Rogues were refered to as.

That said, I also understand not being allowed to turn the weapon into a type your class cannot equip, but if they can equip BOTH the weapon types, then there is no reason we should not be allowed to swap, except to continue to deal with undesireable weapons, which considering what Transmorg *IS* and how easily it would fix that .. would make the whole idea feel even more idiotic.

The whole issue is merely cosmetic and based on preferences on weapon types, but uh, that is what Transmorg is after all, isn't it? A cosmetic feature being put in to the game based on player preference?
This is the only thing I am not 100% clear on.

Is this statement ONLY referring to the item that was changed, and NOT the item that was used?

For example, I and many others will of course, be using Void Storage to hold copious amounts of gear that we have farmed/are farming for this purpose. My plan was to put all of this extra gear in VS, take it out to change my current (equipped) gear, and then place them back in VS.

Is this usage correct/allowed?

As I read, yes. You should be perfectly fine. Think of the Transmogrification as an enchant- If your item has a Transmogrification, and it is placed into Void Storage, that Transmogrification is removed. If an item is used for Transmogrification, it is not marked in any way, and thus not changed by being placed in Void Storage.
• Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

This is dumb as those of us who went through the painful process of acquiring the legendaries would like to be able to keep "using" them to some capacity. If that means only being able to use the art in lieu of the stats.

I hope you guys change your mind on this as I would love to be able to DW Frost the Warglaives as whatever weapons I am currently using.
While the restrictions are understandable, I think the "absurd" items, such as the fish, rolling-pins, invisible items, etc should be allowed. There are going to be people who try to make the most ridiculous sets possible, and they are going to succeed whether you allow or disallow these sort of random exceptions. In a sense, this only limits creativity.

I, for one, will definitely be using the Transmog feature on all of my characters mostly seriously, but if I have, say, a mentally insane character for RP, I would love for him to be able to charge into a battle... wielding a fish and expecting to win.

I agree with all of these restrictions except this one. We should definitely be allowed to transmog whatever as long as everything else is met. The existing criteria already help keep everything at a reasonable level.
You guys suck !@#, how am I supposed to show off my nice demon hunter armor if I can't make the stupid chestpiece invisible without the one leather one that makes in invisible? Or hello, how about shirts? Screw you guys.
The only thing i would like to be changed is the weapon type and have it more boarder such as 2 handed weapons can only be changed into 2 handed weapons so i could get a mace but make it look like a sword cause I really hate maces and really like swords and would like to have swords the entire time.

Oh and healing maces look like crap. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

Yeah its selfish of me but its the only thing I would like changed so sue me if you've got a problem with that. Plus, I don't want to have an axe, mace, and sword I have to store and I was planning on using Quel'Delar, Lens of the Mind for my healing off spec since I hate all maces. ALL. OF. THEM. But they are the only trashy healer weapons that seem to ever be available.

Two handed swords are also not so common outside of pvp(cause we can pick our weapon in pvp) as well. Especially when it comes to raid weapons.

:)
I'm not sure I get the point of restricting weapon types in transmog, it's difficult as it is to find a single weapon that matches a particular set I'm interested in, let alone one of each weapon type--furthermore the lack of restriction with ranged weapons baffles me--surely the "Sound" can't be a good enough excuse to make such an exception.

Also It also kinda screws over holy paladins (Although this scenario can apply to anyone) when you get strange weapons like the Eye of Purification, A healing axe.

I just don't see the point of restricting weapon types outside the general "you can't transmog a weapon you can't equip" rule, is all.

The only issue I can possibly see is to not allow TG warriors to transmogrify their weapons to Staves and Polearms, if only for the reason that there are no one-handed staff/polearm animations. Other then that, it's baffling to me that those restrictions are in place.

That makes sense, you don't want a warrior to dual wield staves or poleaxes, but for one spec of one class to be the cause of an otherwise completely nonsensical restriction is indicative of taking the easy route and that bothers me.
So if i have Thunderfury and the Hand of rag i can not transmorgify any other weapon to look like them? Please Explain why not. I want people to see that i have those wepons but i want my weapons i use in raid to look like them.