Transmogrification Rules

General Discussion
Prev 1 95 96 97 101 Next
09/19/2011 05:50 PMPosted by Kaivax
Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.

Why? Now, I am a sad Panda. If you are concerned about legendary weapons being common as epics, then make transmogrification available based on content specific achievement date. That is, Thunderfury must have been obtained prior to released of Burning Crusades. I'd love to see those old time tanks strutting their stuff.

09/19/2011 06:12 PMPosted by Kaivax
So we get silly poop quests and pop culture references out the wazoo, but engaging in an epic battle with a Rockhide Strongfish equipped is too much to ask?

Exactly. The poop quests and pop culture references are not epic battles.

I think Blizzard is losing the main goal here. Gaming is about having fun. Since you're enabling a feature that lets people transmogrifying their epic gear into green level 45 gear, I don't see the big deal about someone going around !@#$% slapping an elite boss with a fish. I'd laugh to that.

In my opinion, the subtle humor is what makes WoW a better game than any other MMO. Don't restrain what you should boost.

Exactly. The poop quests and pop culture references are not epic battles.

I think Blizzard is losing the main goal here. Gaming is about having fun. Since you're enabling a feature that lets people transmogrifying their epic gear into green level 45 gear, I don't see the big deal about someone going around !@#$% slapping an elite boss with a fish. I'd laugh to that.

In my opinion, the subtle humor is what makes WoW a better game than any other MMO. Don't restrain what you should boost.

They don't want their game to look ridiculous.

...enter kung-Fu panda

The displayed enchant will be that of the currently equipped item.

Maybe add an option to turn off all weapon enchant displayed effects can be placed in the Interface controls.
i need to know if we can transmog pvp item, if not, seriously, i think ima quit this game.
yes, i never thought id say this because its soooo cliched but... not being able to use this sword for transmog might be a deal breaker for me
Im hearing people saying you cant Transmogrify
Glorious Breastplate or anything similiar to that? Warrior's Embrace
Can anyone confirm this?
Fields of Thunderfury?
Seriously?

The type of player that Blizz has been catering to, over the past few years, doesn't have the patience or perseverance to do what it takes to acquire such things.

looks like I wont be wearing illidari cowl on my druid after all =[ Ive been holding that thing in my bank for years hoping that I could someday.

*sobbing*
But what I want to know is something MANY people are confused about. Obviously I as a Paladin cannot transmog my gear into tier 6 Warrior gear because its not available for me to choose. But what about tier 1,2 warrior armor? It drops off all bosses in Vanilla dungeons? I dont need a token to obtain it. I obviously cannot EQUIP IT but will I be able to Transmog my gear into it?
Hey Kaivax, I have a more specific question - what about items like Fandral's Flamescythe, which have effects on the appearance of Druids' shapeshifted forms? It would be GREAT if I could transmogrify my staff to keep me as a firekitty, but I'm worried that the effect wouldn't carry over...
I disagree with some of these restrictions.
I believe you should be able to equip common items, because a lot of these are rather useless otherwise, but have a very nice look. It especially annoys me because I've been holding a certain item in my inventory for a long while now hoping we would get transmogrification to use it, only to find out that common items will be excluded. It's not only the item i'm holding that I like the look of, there are many others that are aesthetically pleasing and don't share a model with any uncommon items that will be excluded from transmogrification because of their common rarity.

Also the absurdity rule. What's the point of being able to customize your character if you can't have a bit of fun with it? Not much. I think that if people want to run around using fish for weapons, they should. It would be fun and i can't really see a point as to why we can't have absurd and somewhat silly items in the first place.

Other than those I can agree with most of the rules here.
Fields of Thunderfury?
Seriously?

The type of player that Blizz has been catering to, over the past few years, doesn't have the patience or perseverance to do what it takes to acquire such things.
the drop rate of the bindings alone says fields of thunderfury will never happen

Shhhh! People seem to think they drop 100% off every boss in MC, the way they talk here. And that seems to include some of the Blues.
I'm going to go down the list top to bottom, and I mean minimal offences in this statement. Stop being such elite jaktards and needing to be 'EPIC' and 'AWESOME' and maybe you'd not screw your game up. (I believe the talent restructures not only make manditory cookie cuter with 6 lvls of situational choices that will be the 'best choice' for overall or any given situation and players will always follow what works in PVE, (also PVP but honestly PVE it's easy to see cookie cutter if your stupid, you don't realize that PVP has it, but since they are DYNAMIC changes & playing from your enemy being a real person, tactics and builds have to exist to counter Many styles Not just one or two [which is PVE being in coded monsters])

The following is actually a list of what I do believe to be wrong to say the least.

The character must be able to equip both items.

-This is at best only to avoid confusion and honestly would NEVER hurt the LFG or upcoming LFR system, since it's actually able to see the gear stats/lvl, Class & specs.

Only uncommon (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple) items may be transmogrified. (exceptions: a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate)
Legendary items cannot be transmogrified.
Legendary items cannot be used to transmogrify.
Fishing Poles cannot be transmogrified.
Fishing Poles cannot be used to transmogrify.

-This is just outright dumb, if the items were offensive or turned offensive the the devs, why is the item still in the game, or why does it still have the same look.
-Not only is this just bad, but there are grey and white items that have pretty interesting looks, and restricting this is doing nothing but actually acting childish. [If a player wants to run around nakid, there are client patches that exist, that will do this {Not that I support it, just saying it exists} and deeming something inappropriate while still leaving it in the game is bad.]
-Also legendary restrictions is just WRONG, there is only 1 set of legendary that will ever be current and honestly you can't even let the players that worked their tails off for their lengendary weapons to show them on their character? That's insultive, it's like saying my purple 2h mace or 2h Sword, is more useful for a level 90 then the level 70 (or was it 60?) Legendary Swords, and if you think that's fair you need help.

Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth)

-This is just MEAN. There is NO POINT to this one. I'd love to get myself a nice looking leather armor or mail armor set as a DK and tank in it. It'd be funny as heck to me, and allowing this would amuse other players as well.
-I'll Also point out, that I've got a Plate helm from ZA that i hide because it looks like a 'WOOD' mask. Then you have the balls to post this? That's wrong.
-I'm sure most would love to wear armor that 'LOOKS' like another class (if you can get it legit of course)

Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)
Main hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Main hand weapons.
Off-hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Off-hand weapons.
One handed weapons can be used to transmogrify a Main hand or Off-hand weapon.

-This is just WRONG. I know to me a 2h Sword or 2h Mace, or 2h Axe is the same and the only reason I pick what I do is stats, and it's the better one.
-I'll point out (and will in another point) that Warriors are able to dual-wield 2h Weapons, so I know prefectly well that the attack animations for dual wielding aren't going to break or be negativly effected if people decide to swap up weapon skins.
-I only AGREE to this one on ONE point, and that is. | Melee weapons, should go on Melee weapons (and since the douche move of wands being Mainhand is going to happen, wands should be Melee class), While Ranged weapons should only be used on RANGED weapons.
-I'll also note that this FAVORS the HUNTER in the upcoming expansion because they will never have to worry about their weapon or what type it is (if they could use it) leaving them to use nearly any ranged weapon, while every other class is forced to pick the best of a bad & limited selection.

Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.
Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-tradable.

-This is even further restricting customization in the game, and making this VERY NICE feature, feel like a small playground instead of the entire park. (and for no reason other then pride)
-Stats, ilvl, Item type (Plate/mail/leather/cloth), damage are NOT changed, so this is just a way for people to limit what would be ALOT of fun. (buying gear and not knowing what it will look like)
-Also this is NEAR POINTLESS, since you have to 'Wear' the item to do it, and honestly is not something that should be done in this manner. (It should preform more like the 're-forger' where you can do it from an item in your inv.)

Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be transmogrified.
Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be used to transmogrify.
Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.

-The first two are great, but it's the third one that makes Heirlooms a MUTE point.
-Though mailing the items to an alt with money is the way to do this, then there better be NO level restriction, because that would just be flat out saying FU to the players.

Placing an item in Void Storage strips its transmogrification.
-Vendoring an item strips its transmogrification.

Devalues the Gold sink that is the void storage, but seeing how Void storage is being rumored to be a way to trade BOE's after use, w/e.

There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible)

-Then why keep them? This is nothing more then saying," we don't want you to have fun with the items 'WE' as blizzard devs put in the game, and would rather force you to use something you don't want to see."
-The problem is when you still allow the absurdities, then say NO to other items looking like it, It makes you look bad.
-This game is baised around absurd.
1.Gnome/Goblin DK's who wield MASSIVE 2h Weapons, that are 4x their size.
2.Gnome/Goblin Warriors who's Titans fist allows them to wield 2 2h Weapons at the same time, each 4x the player size.
3. The Fact that the player is literary carrying upwards to 60+ mounts on their character at cap levels (if they went after mount collection) and to top it of, 100+ companion pets, Full armor Weapons, perhaps even a second set of equip, ALL while on a flying Mount that is also flying.
4. That with the number of City raids that have happened, and the number of times that NAMED and imporant NPC's were killed, they still self rez and come back as if nothing happened.
5. Despite what's done in the world, VERY few things ever change or matter. (example you could literally kill the boss in scholo 100 times, and it'd still be there.)
6. Undead Priests..... enough said.
7. Despite the Countless interactions and Teaming up by the hoard/alliance to take down some nasty bad guys, that we still can't speak common/orcish by cap level.

There are plenty more, but you get the point. THIS GAME IS BASED OF THE ABSURD and shouldn't be taken to seriously, but once you start going limit VANITY Visual item/gear based on it's absurd, and the DEVS are the ones that put it in there, that's starting to forget what your game is actually viewed as.
This sucks u have to obtain the items in order to transform them to the item you want thats just stupid =(. Im really depress because no one do it anymore.
11/18/2011 12:54 PMPosted by Negapally
This sucks u have to obtain the items in order to transform them to the item you want thats just stupid =(. Im really depress because no one do it anymore.
yeah agreed, restrictions just sux too