Firelands Raid Hotfixes Sept. 20

General Discussion
Post Limit:
Prev 1 9 10 11 15 Next
I don't suppose a Blue could clarify why these nerfs are being done all at once instead of over several weeks like it was implied by another Blue? Now I'm feeling a little disappointed with the nerfs.

Today's hotfixes were applied today.

So... you're suggesting that there's going to be another 15% nerf in the future? =\

These bosses aren't THAT hard, assuming you have a raid filled with players that actually... know how to play. I am already hearing from people I know that these bosses are so ridiculously easy that they don't even have to try anymore, and that you might as well be handing us loot for entering the raid portal.
09/20/2011 10:03 AMPosted by Kaivax
Wrath of Ragnaros in Stage 1 now knocks targets up, but not back.

Tested today, this still has not been changed. Does not really matter though IMO.
I do enjoy watching people complain about the nerfs when they haven't even done 7/7 HM.

/sigh.

Why would people that are 7/7 HM complain about nerfs to content no longer relevant to them?

It's the people who are working on content they're enjoying, which has just been nerfed considerably to be subjectively less enjoyable, that are doing the complaining.

And it's the people who were only doing pugs that were struggling to kill shannox for the last 3 months that are counter complaining.

This is just Blizzard trying something different. There were a lot of people complaining about how they made t11 more pug friendly, but not until it was outdated content. This time they're going to give that crowd a couple of months on it and see how it pans out for the community.
6/7 heroic guilds close to a kill are probably the most upset since I know my guild figured it would be phased in with no changes to heroic rag yet.
09/20/2011 05:30 PMPosted by Kaivax
I don't suppose a Blue could clarify why these nerfs are being done all at once instead of over several weeks like it was implied by another Blue? Now I'm feeling a little disappointed with the nerfs.

Um... Thanks? lol

My question was why the nerf was done all at once instead of over time like that wording came across in the original announcement.
Some guildees just went into a Firelands pug, like a full pug, and one shot Heroic Shan and Rhyo with the TOP DPS pulling 16k DPS.

Really? Is this REALLY what you wanted Blizzard?
09/20/2011 06:54 PMPosted by Kelrox

I think they asked why, not when.

^^^this
09/20/2011 07:39 PMPosted by Legendaîry

Um... Thanks? lol

My question was why the nerf was done all at once instead of over time like that wording came across in the original announcement.

I ate my dinner for dinner. Let the zen take you over.
09/20/2011 07:31 PMPosted by Ikillubad
6/7 heroic guilds close to a kill are probably the most upset since I know my guild figured it would be phased in with no changes to heroic rag yet.

I jumped into a PuG attempting Rag two weeks ago, almost had him. We probably should have two healed it if it wasnt for the 353 geared tanks getting hit so hard.

There was PuGs already this far and even some guilds grabbing PuGs for heroic shannox prenerf so meh.

I will likely hit this stuff up my usual when ever I feel like it this week or the next. Wondering how much more of a joke shannox is given it was already an undertuned boss.
I can't even describe how disappointed I am in you, Blizzard.

You have once again decided to cater to the casuals and nerf heroic content into the ground. Nerfing the normals I have no issue with, but the reason we do heroics is that we enjoy the challenge and the feeling of triumph after dozens of wipes. We enjoy having to focus and do our jobs flawlessly to down the encounter. That's why they exist, right? I can understand and forgive nerfs 2 or 3 weeks before the next content patch, but months? There isn't even a PTR for 4.3 yet! Congratulations, you've ensured the enduring boredom of the entire skilled PvE population of this game.

What really boggles my mind is that you seemed to understand this in T11! You nerfed the normals into the ground at the very end of the tier and left the heroics alone for those good enough to do them. Why, then, did you turn your backs on this sound course of action? Furthermore, you blatantly lied to us by stating that the nerfs would be gradual over many weeks, then rolled them out all at once and utterly destroyed the entire tier. Many T11 heroics are now harder than all T12 heroic bosses except Ragnaros. How does that make any sense whatsoever? Every guild that isn't riddled with learning disability or 5 second reaction times will soon be 6/7 heroic. The only thing that matters now is heroic Rag, which, blessedly, is still difficult (but not nearly as hard as it should be).

I pray that you'll reconsider and bring T12 back to its former difficulty, or at least close to it. It really is TOO SOON.
09/20/2011 07:39 PMPosted by Legendaîry

Um... Thanks? lol

who said nerfs are done?

I think that statement can be read in a few ways but most likely this is just the 1st wave of nerfs and some more will be on the way.
09/20/2011 08:27 PMPosted by Noctemtenchi
I will likely hit this stuff up my usual when ever I feel like it this week or the next. Wondering how much more of a joke shannox is given it was already an undertuned boss.

I always found it quite funny actually. I'd never see guilds that were 7/7 normal, they'd be 6/7 or they'd be 1/7 heroic, but never in between.
who said nerfs are done?

I think that statement can be read in a few ways but most likely this is just the 1st wave of nerfs and some more will be on the way.

Certainly like to leave it open to interpretation. That way you can't hold them accountable if you disagree with the way they decided to go.

An extra 5% every couple of weeks doesn't sound unlikely.
Those are ridiculously huge nerfs, to big in my opinion. If ur gunna nerf firelands that much then get 4.3 out already.
These nerfs would be fine.... If they were the only nerfs.

Seriously how can you nerf it anymore then this? And this is only the first round?
This feels like ICC heroic bosses all over again. Wheres the challenge? we went from 4/7 hm tonight to 6/7 hm tonight in 25m. We were struggling on alysrazor, but probably would have had it soon and we had NEVER attempted baleroc on HM before. Tonight we one shot alysrazor and killed hm baleroc. So we cleared 6/7 HM in less than 4 hours and we did two bosses we had never downed before. Thats ridiculous! where's the challenge?

The first time you down a boss you've been working for days or weeks on it's an EPIC feeling because you finally won! Buy you stole that from us blizzard. Please don't touch heroics in the future. If ppl can't do em in the current tier, they can go back and do em the next tier or the next expansion. A player doesn't need to do heroic bosses to experience the tier, gear, or story. It's for the people who enjoy a challenge. This faceroll stuff isn't what i paid for.
"Alysrazor’s Fiery Tornados move slower."

I can't wait to watch people accidentally run through the tornado they've gotten accustomed to chasing.

>.>;
;<.<

I'm all for nerfing normal modes.
I had a post in a previous thread about being upset at nerfing heroics though
(normal for the casuals to see content, heroic for the big boys who want the challenge, thus heroics shouldn't have been nerfed in my opinion)

However........

A raid on feathermoon was 2/7 .....tonight. They are about to down ragnaros.
I'm sorry, but a raid should not be able to walk into an instance and practically one shot every fight at current level content.

Too much blizzard. Too much nerf.

Just my opinion.